Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast show number one thousand. For us, it's just a mini milestone for us, it's no big deal for you guys. All we ever asked is that you give the show a go, which you do every morning and if you want to you can listen to the show.
Speaker 1: That's just amazing. But we love it how you are part of the show.
Speaker 2: Your stories in the last hour about your high school embarrassments, of shames and not getting speaking parts. They are the lifeblood of the show. We make it with you guys every single day, and that's to join it. And I do appreciate that when obviously I did start here some one thousand shows ago and English guy, I know, an English Guy of the Morning.
Speaker 1: There's quite a bit of a gear change Australia.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't met with open arms, and I appreciate that. I'm sure it'll be the same thing from Australian washing up in in England suddenly just putting himself on air each day. But I will say this, don't ever waste a midlife crisis.
Speaker 1: If you find.
Speaker 2: Yourself in one, do something really big and crazy, like moving to the other side of the world with your family and deciding it might be quite a good laugh to put yourself on the radio. Best thing we ever did my family was moving here. We are so lucky to have this life. And when I talk about that, the reason is because actually, if there's no one given.
Speaker 1: The show a go, even people who are like arms folded to begin with, I get that I would have been the same.
Speaker 2: You know, you still gave me a chance, which is a very Australian thing to give someone a go.
Speaker 1: And here we are.
Speaker 2: There are lots of people around us and in the industry said the show won't last. It's not really about what we do so much. It's what you guys have brought out in us, especially me as well. I think I've been through about two hundred different versions. I think I've actually been through a thousand different Christians in the one thousand shows. So thank you very very much for giving the show and go by that. You've given me and my wife and my family a new life here and this is home for us. If you ask Jackalbatti, they would tell you we love it here. This is where it's all about now for the rest of our life. I love the honesty from this guy here Christian when you first started. I actually sent you an email to your boss saying who employed this twat from Britain? Ps I'm still listening, probably still wandering the same thing sometimes.
Speaker 1: So thank you very much. Also a big thank.
Speaker 2: You to Jack and Pats, because I've got no idea what it must have been like for you guys, joining this crazy adventure thinking I don't know, maybe he'll work, maybe it'll be here for a year or so, But there've been adventure. So thank you very much for all your belief and everything you've done for me and my family of the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: Jackie boy, where was it for you? You were in a very different place.
Speaker 3: Companies, truly is the adventure is the best word for you. I mean, I was coming off a decade with Hami, she and Andy. It's the only job I'd ever had before was working on that show.
Speaker 1: And then you really have been blessed one.
Speaker 3: So I feel very honestly, very privileged to you with you both, and you are both of you a lifelong forever friends and people that I deeply love and and I've really enjoyed the past five years. And also the privilege of even meeting everybody who came out on Friday night and people who are calling in on the phone this morning just to say congratulations and thank you. Thank you from us as well, because it's a real privilege for us to be able to do this.
Speaker 1: It is. Yeah, it's a lovely word. Patsy.
Speaker 2: You you have You were just amazing from day one. I remember just feeling that you had so much more to give. You are a huge part of whatever this show is.
Speaker 1: You are a very very big part of it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, just seeing you really come into just being you, Patsy, nothing else, just you.
Speaker 1: You're incredible.
Speaker 2: When the listeners see you or they talk about you, they absolutely love you. And it is so hard. You know, here's me saying it's hard for an English guy who's unown to come here. It's way harder for a woman in radio to actually be herself. You always castle these very narrow rows now narrow sort of roles by men in radio control radio. So to see how you've gone the last couple of years has been amazing and a real joy, Patsy.
Speaker 1: I hope you've enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Oh, look, it has. It's been such a on it for me, and you know, I still pinch myself every day. There'd be so many people that you could have had in this role, and the fact that you've given me a chance and that you've given me I'm so emotional today. The air in which to breathe and for me to just be me means more than you'll ever know, and it means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you deserve it.
Speaker 2: You're such an amazing soul. I was going to say present, You're just an amazing soul.
Speaker 1: Now you are.
Speaker 3: I mean like when you introduced Paths onto stage on Friday night with five hundred hour of our listeners, they're the roar of the crowd. I mean you're just like you're the fan favorite.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you are, and you should be. Patsy No, I just you know.
Speaker 4: I think what I've learnt in the last five years is that deeper connection. What I've sort of treasured most of it is a deeper connection with the listeners and in sharing my life, sometimes we tend to overshare, but that's what a good Preaki presenter does.
Speaker 2: We all know what you and your husband get up till Saturday morning. I find myself throwing up at the thought we beg you not to overshare, keep talk talk.
Speaker 1: Us about that Saturday afternoon to night. Some of us nightmares.
Speaker 4: No, but it's just that deeper connection with the audience. And believe me, they've they've done more for me than I could do for them. So thank you. I thank you every day for the opportunity and I love you both as you know.
Speaker 2: All Right now, last couple of days, we've had a little friend in the studio, right and he's a really really lovely guy called Josh, and nobody's on reception, but he's a very talented guy, and he's been looking after Jack and I in the studio where nobody Rio would sit or Kaitlyn. Our producers are on holiday at the moment. Obviously they didn't want to didn't fancy stick around to say happy birthday to me.
Speaker 1: They started to take that's the moment to take a holiday.
Speaker 2: But now, Josh, I've noticed for the last hour you've got a poem there.
Speaker 1: Yes, this isn't.
Speaker 2: Rehearsed, by the way, I don't know what this is. Is it going to make us cry because we're very emotional.
Speaker 5: Not at all, not at all. It's just it's just a love letter. I guess you would say.
Speaker 2: Sorry hello, should said Chad, we want to do a phone I didn't learn my lesson letter.
Speaker 1: I don't need a love letter.
Speaker 5: It was inspired by Pats's beautiful poem around the Matildas, and so this is just really something, I guess, a message to everyone out there, but but mainly to you guys as well. So it's for everyone, Josh, We're all yours, Christian, Jack and Pats. Here you go. One thousand shows and many more to follow. So without dilly dally or delay, I came to say, hope you have a great one. This is everyone's day, so stand up and shout hip hip paay for even Muhammad Ali the Greatest would say you fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee. This show has heart the world can hear and see.
Speaker 1: That's so nice. Thank you, Josh. I love that. That's a very very kind thing to say. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back tomorrow morning for show number one
Speaker 1: Thousand, The Christian Connell Show Podcast