Speaker 1: Good morning, it's a Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, would you like to do a puzzle?
Speaker 3: I don't really feel like this show.
Speaker 1: Well, never talk about dinosaurs, Christian o'connall show.
Speaker 4: I'm gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's Friday morning.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show ahead of the long weekend.
Speaker 3: Jack and Pat's good morning, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, good to see you both. Good to see you both.
Speaker 3: What we on the ABC?
Speaker 5: We changed formats and good to see you both. And it's great to be talking to you, dear listener again, if you can hear our words, it's good to see you both. I love it like a children's TV presenter. Then they say stuff like that. All right, double thumbs up Friday. This is how it works. We're tell you about the things we're into at the moment.
Speaker 3: Do you know what's been sad?
Speaker 5: Anything's been sad about the lockdown last couple of weeks?
Speaker 3: Okay, on, I don't know what the latestbs are number Queen of has it walked those aisles? I mean, do you know about it?
Speaker 6: Just counter spice, It's it's been weeks since we've heard about the discounts.
Speaker 3: Came up.
Speaker 7: I did click and collect a glue gun for a school project a couple of weeks ago. But that is like the first thing in you just.
Speaker 3: Can't leave it alone.
Speaker 5: Has there ever been a month where you've not got something right? All right, Patsy double thumbs up. What are you giving it to this week?
Speaker 7: Lots of TV viewing in the past week, and I know you've touched on it. Got Holston on the Netflix last Friday.
Speaker 3: For the Netflix on the network, I'm on the MySpace, I'm on the facebooks on the Netflix, and.
Speaker 7: I loved it. It's brilliant. I knocked it over all on Friday afternoon. If you're not aware what it's about, it's about the fashion designer Roy Houlston, who was massive in New York and around the world actually sixties, seventies, eighties, and he it's his life story. It's quite a full on, sort of six part series. When I say full on your seat by the Codings, what it's it's about his life and.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to say? Normally so direct, more direct than Jack and I what's this?
Speaker 2: Coy fell on the rating.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, he was quite an eccentric and had quite a colorful lifestyle and frequent in the studio.
Speaker 3: Interesting. I've seen it right, It's just you know, he watched in a fashion industry, there's a lot of nudity, but he was heavily.
Speaker 7: Into drugs and stuff. So if you want something like don't watch it. But but.
Speaker 5: If you want something druggy this weekend, stick on. That's what happened to Obi wan Kenobi. He hit the horse.
Speaker 7: But that was it for me? Was you and McGregor's performance.
Speaker 3: Was absolutely He's amazing, isn't he.
Speaker 7: You don't see you and McGregor on the screen. You see Helstone and it's just.
Speaker 3: Hello again, Roy.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he is.
Speaker 3: To google it. I thought they just made up a name.
Speaker 7: Otherways, meant to think it was true a true story either but yes, but you told me it is, so I watched it and I loved it. The other thing I want to recommend this week is we do a lot of guided meditation. I know you guys do it, especially you Christian, but I've been doing it a lot with Audrey since she was about two, and especially with lockdown and in and out of schooling and the kids are all.
Speaker 3: Over the place.
Speaker 7: We go onto YouTube I've found this thing New Horizon for me, guided meditation. You've got to find the voice that you like.
Speaker 3: Yes, so true is that?
Speaker 7: And this is a lovely British lady. She sounds a little bit older and she's just got the loveliest, comforting, nurturing voice. And I put it on and like two three minutes later she's fast asleep and it just helps unwind her brain from the day. So it's New Horizon, and they've got a series of them. There's like The Trip to the Rainbow and the Unicorn Land and it's beautiful. It's on YouTube, and just a couple of things for the long weekend if you're going crazy with the kids in the wet weather. I mentioned last week Kruella on Disney huss great, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Love's it well worth.
Speaker 7: The money and you'd spend more at the movies anyway. And there's a little series Audreies into on Netflix called The Investigators, and it's an ossy kids show. I think there's two seasons so far, and it's just a fun sort of little thing for eight to twelve year olds. It's about these kids that solve crime in their school yard and local town and it's really I.
Speaker 3: Still love watching shows as a kid.
Speaker 5: Didn't you think you want to be like a junior detective and like bust open some crime in your neighborhood.
Speaker 7: And it's filmed in Melbourne. It's well worth it. Investigators, we find ourselves watching it along with us.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack, what are you giving double thumbs up to this week?
Speaker 2: And yesterday's show?
Speaker 6: When I was talking about enjoying a three hour long bath and having a bit of hot chocolate, people ask me what the superfood hot cacow was.
Speaker 5: I love hot co carb but a little bit teaspoon of honey in there and some cinnamon.
Speaker 2: What is the difference between cacao and coco?
Speaker 3: By the way, cocoa bean is like the chocolate, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Chocolate?
Speaker 7: Cow's the better quality, isn't it? Like it's the pure Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also like people think it's very very good for you cacao. It's very grounding.
Speaker 6: Well, this is a superfood and a hot chocolate and it tastes delicious as a hot chocolate.
Speaker 5: I think that all my favorite superfoods, like broccoli, I just dip that it's sort of camel you and l very nice superfood.
Speaker 6: Bank has been going to this new supermarket called Terra Madre, which means mother Earth. They've got one in North get and new ones opened up in Brunswick near US. It's a fully organic supermarket. She loves it there and that's where she got this hot superfood Terra Madre superfood hot Cacoo, hot chocolate. It's got ginger in there, it's got maceademia. I like to have it with a little bit of cinnamon on top. I add that myself love a hot chocolate. And then if that doesn't sound old person enough having a hot chocolate.
Speaker 3: No, I love a hot chocolate.
Speaker 2: The show that we've been enjoying.
Speaker 6: Is Old People's Home for four year Old, which is on the ABC Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh my God.
Speaker 6: I tried to sell it to me and it's sounds like, honestly the most boring thing I've ever heard of Old people age care home and the children's preschool. And they merge them together and say, why.
Speaker 2: Would we want to watch that?
Speaker 3: Like is actually really nice?
Speaker 6: When it just sounds like raddy kids and like an age care home? Like how much excitement can we get? We could watch anything breaking bad, but oh the emotional attachments you make to the relationships. In this show of an experiment that is merging age care and preschool because it's good for both.
Speaker 3: The old people go and live with the family or why they go and visit them and the care home.
Speaker 2: It's like a daily pre school. I guess that's the little excursion. Yeah, so each day.
Speaker 6: The bus goes and picks up the old people, brings them to the preschool, and then they form bonds and friendships with the kids.
Speaker 5: I've only seen ten minutes, right, we were all in tears and it was like you probably know this one. Then it was some family and I think they'd lost their grandparents, the mother and dad, and they become so attached to this old guy that they've been spending a lot of time with. At the end of the TV they were in tears of saying how it's become like a new granddad to the kids. They look forward to spending time with them. Movie down, you can see what it had done to this old guy. Because sadly, the way we all treat are the elderly and our relatives. It's like once you stop working and stop being relevant, they're just out of sight and dumped in care homes. That's not just spent anyone who works in care homes. Some of them need to be there to be looked after. Twenty four to seven families can't do them. But it's the way that we just think that they're useless now. And you see what it did to this old guy. He felt he had meaning in his life, that he's still matters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the episode that we watched last time. The final episode is them saying goodbye at the end of the experiment. And the experiment is a great idea, and it's they want to do it so that it rolls out nationally to merge age care and preschools because it's good for both the kids.
Speaker 5: And old time is on the show and have them as producers. And seriously, like, let them plan the show. Someone needs to plan this show. I'll hand it over to them. Get some old people to plan the show and take the calls. Let's give them a job for a day.
Speaker 6: This is what had us in tears last night. In the last episodes of the same goodbye to each other and they're reading a series of cards out that are questions, and the old guy says to the young girl that he's made a good friendship with. What does love mean to you? And she said, love is when you like someone.
Speaker 2: Really really hates you love them a lot.
Speaker 6: You like them a lot. That's why I love you. And then he can't tears well up in his eyes.
Speaker 3: Tears went up in these eyes right now.
Speaker 6: That is just it's a magical show. Honestly, we loved Old People's Home for four year Olds. We watched on iView on.
Speaker 3: The iView, right, okay, beautiful, thanks for telling us about.
Speaker 1: That, Jack, Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're doing Double thumbs Up Friday, where me, Jack and Patsy we go through what we're into at the moment and we give our double thumbs up. Everything we just talked about we put up on our Facebook and Instagram page. You can find us there, The Christian O'Connell Show. All right, two TV shows and a podcast that you will be listening to this weekend.
Speaker 3: Jack. First of all, Sweet Tooth, big new Netflix thing. This thing must have cost a fortune.
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't know, a fairy tale for kids and grown ups. I just found it and we started watching it the other night. We've seen three episodes now. It is incredible.
Speaker 3: Have you seen it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I started yesterday. Actually it was trending number one on Netflix. Sure after the first episode, I really gains a bit more momentum.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love that about like fairy tales and like there's been a well it's again it's a hard sell. There's been some kind of contagion of a horrible global pandemic. But no, no, no, it's it's not as grim as it says.
Speaker 3: It's a fairy tale.
Speaker 2: Are you just watching the news?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's called sky News. The main actor is Andrew Bolt. It's called Sweet Tooth. That is so good. Three episodes in. We really love it. It is one of those Netflix show that's like a mini movie every episode. It is beautiful, stunning. Yes, Sweet Tooth. Everything I'm watching at the moment forgot what a great actor. Michael Douglas do is have you seen Kaminsky Method?
Speaker 3: No, oh my god, you got to go on. You'd love it.
Speaker 2: What's it on?
Speaker 3: It's on Netflix.
Speaker 5: He is an acting coach and he's now late in his life. He's on his seventies, he's getting older. And Alan Order's in it as well. It is so funny, and you're reminded Michael Douglass what his late seventies now, still a really good looking guy, and it is so funny and real about aging, and you just remind him. Michael Douglass is an amazing actor, still so charismatic in it, but he is his age, he's he is such a great performance. He's a knockout star of it. Yes, it's called The Kaminsky Method.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 5: It's on Netflix. This last podcast, I can't stop listening to it. I don't know if you're you know about Bill Simmons makes loads of podcasts, does a really good one called The Sports Guy. He's got his own sort of mega production company called The Ringer, and they make some amazing podcasts, one of which have got into a couple of weeks ago. I keep minute to bring it up every Friday on this sixty songs that explain the nineties.
Speaker 2: Oh great, that's right up, my alee.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you now.
Speaker 5: The guy that does it is a music critic, Rob Horviner. I keep pausing it and rewinding it. His script and the way he nails it as well, it's so interesting and funny. It's like a stand up comedian at time, like sit down, stand Up. The one on the Red Hot Chili Peppers album Blood Sugar Sex Magic is so laugh out loud funny. I'd forgotten about some of the track titles on there. And he goes into like the stories around the making it and where it sits in the nineties and what it was influenced by other bounds who sounded a bit like that. It's just ah, if you love your nineties music. I know we love the nineties and we love the eighties on this show, but still can't you think in one day the nineties are going to get the respect they deserve musically It's always overlooked. I'm always wass rarised about the sixties and seventies when we took a lot about the eighties, But there was some.
Speaker 3: Amazing music in the nineties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that was my time of growing up. So that's the first music that you really fall in love totally and that you idolize that.
Speaker 5: As a teenage because that's when you first meet music and fall in love with it. Anyway, if you're into that, you'll love this. It's called sixty Songs that explained the nineties. Can't recommend that enough. That's my double thumbs.
Speaker 4: Up this week The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 5: Podcast Amazing scenes yesterday evening parents all over Melbourne. So I assure you without this two Patsy so pleased to see them getting that old school bag. You know, Lois our fourteen year old just unzipping that school bag. None of the stuff from when they went into lockdown clean, the smell of the drinks, or their look, tupperware and stuff like that. Just I know it's just one day head a long weekend, but just one day of them are getting out the house and going back to school.
Speaker 3: Was already pleased do.
Speaker 7: Going back to school, to jumping through hoops. I might have had a little celebratory drink.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you wouldn't have been alone yesterday when it all got confirmed that finally.
Speaker 3: All children back.
Speaker 5: You go out the house, out your bedrooms, out the fuck. I said to my wife, let's open all the windows when they go.
Speaker 3: Just take get rid of the.
Speaker 5: Zoom drama now, wimbus, nowhere do you get this song? I get Liken Alert on my phone, you know, because they've got mums and dads plugged into everything. I get alert now for like two minutes late logging into zoom for some really.
Speaker 3: Yes, said the while we've been doing stuffving a team meeting was like your daughter's late for history, and like going, can you there's no excuse to be late. You're at home, lying in your bed. How are you late?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think mums and dad's everywhere so pleased that they're going back to school today.
Speaker 9: Late.
Speaker 3: All right, Lakes the party home of all your emails. Yesterday on the show we were talking about scams.
Speaker 5: I certainly remembered one that I've been I been part of about twenty years ago, my early Korean radio when I was working in a city in the UK called Liverpool, great city home of the Beatles, Liverpool football club and but a very it was a really big underworld around Liverpool.
Speaker 3: I really knew the right people. Anything could happen.
Speaker 5: And I used to have a goes to drive in every morning, park outside the radio station, right because the nearest car park was about twenty minute walk and you do not want to be walking through Liverpool at five am, right, It was just sketchy, very sketchy. So I would just park out the front of the radio station and then go and move Macart.
Speaker 3: After the show and I.
Speaker 5: Was always getting fines, but right outside the radio station were four disabled spots. Anyway, a couple of months into my time up there, I'm in a pub on a Friday afternoon and this used to happen every weekend at every pub in Liverpool. A man walks in with a bag full of various illegal stuff to sell to people. I mean, like clearly just stolen that day, like brand new, like back in there's obviously DVD players, camp corners like really you know some of them were like the sort of the security tags attached and now willgo where those stolen?
Speaker 3: They just go, oh, I have that, and it was like a third of the price.
Speaker 2: And the pub would just let him walk around.
Speaker 3: Yeah they knew him. Charlie, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Anyway, this guy comes up to me and go I don't want anything, and I go, what have you got in there?
Speaker 3: By the way. Anyways, it's like this treasure trove of all kinds of things.
Speaker 5: And then I see that there are fake parking permits and one of them ashamed to say of us, I would never do this now. It was a fake disabled parking permit and I would I know, I would never do that now. There were four bays out there at five am. Okay, I just was looking after one of them.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, AnyWho, come on.
Speaker 3: With the emails.
Speaker 5: Christian big show of the fan here in Mildura. My biggest scam was around twelve years ago working in Townsville. You used to have to pay five bucks per day for parking and the CBD the tickets look fairly basic and my wife is a whiz on Microsoft Word. Anyway, sick of paying the five dollars daily fee, one night, after a few drinks, asked my wife so she could possibly make up a fake ticket.
Speaker 3: The end result was perfect.
Speaker 5: Gave me free parking for fourteen months by using the fake tickets and just changing the day each day.
Speaker 3: He's attacked these.
Speaker 6: The fact that they can format those on Microsoft Word, and I know that I can hardly get a picture to say in the.
Speaker 2: Right spoty Microsoft Work.
Speaker 5: I tried to make a party invite once so one of my kids a couple of years ago on Microsoft Work. It had a template. It was like insert child's name here, venue time, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, this is so good forging this to me.
Speaker 5: That looks so this is the equivalent, you're and the FBI catching people who've got like fake banknotes, the original sort of template. There are nine really official looking parking tickets here, even like because they have a different font for the time that you've got it and.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. I would not if you're if you're a warden, you're not you're not double checking.
Speaker 2: Oh no way, you'd have to get a magnifying glass out to prove.
Speaker 10: I don't think they have those chat, but let's go an' I don't think they care as well. If I was a parking inspector, I would just make sure they have a ticket in the window. Wouldn't bother about checking time or date or anything like that.
Speaker 5: I'd love to do a live in a world where you were a parking inspector as well.
Speaker 3: Is that Jack that used to work with dad?
Speaker 5: Don't don't look at him like that, just wandering around staring at the sky and no cars. This comes from Daniel Curry Christian. I'm a big fan of daytime bist. Yes yesterday on the show, was telling to a two and a half hour bath that he had the middle of the afternoon. The long as I Stadium is about five hours. As I will binge watch TV shows in there. I once got through an entire season of your nice season of Younger on Stan in one sitting. I have my tablet set up, I grab a gink and offer go. I'm happ as anything that comes from Daniel your emails if you want to email the show Lately party Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 4: Au Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Now that we can have and enjoy with the sections on Long Weekend.
Speaker 3: You finally get to meet your nephew or niece.
Speaker 2: Nephew for the first time. Young Leroy.
Speaker 3: He's a great name.
Speaker 2: He's got a schedule, by the way, because what do.
Speaker 10: You mean, well, because he hasn't baby, it's like Lillabet, because.
Speaker 6: He hasn't met anybody. There's so many people who want to meet him, and.
Speaker 5: We're still giving away those front row tickets were eight to meet my baby, Jack's brothers, meet and greet.
Speaker 3: This is a very quick meet and greet. Don't hang around too long. Listens, but yeah ten passes at eight.
Speaker 6: Mom and Dad get to meet him today. I'm not until Monday. I'm way down the list.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's fair enough.
Speaker 5: They're like, listen, let's get him to meet some actual grown ups and then we bring on the character he's going to know us, Uncle Jack.
Speaker 3: I've got a guitar and some hipster cacao.
Speaker 6: It's actually good that it's not till Monday, because now it gives me time to get him a gift, because I still haven't got the baby anything.
Speaker 3: Get some of the moment day. All right. He'sn't gonna remember anything. He's not going to be when he's twenty one. Going.
Speaker 5: I remember when I first met Uncle Jack, and I was only two weeks old at the time, I still retired from the move. And just get some of the parents, and he must be really excited there were a new baby.
Speaker 3: It's family.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I can't wait to meet him.
Speaker 6: I felt instantly felt this connection with him, even when they first got pregnant.
Speaker 5: I just felt like I loved him so much made be lovely. All right, Well, I think to get you ready. We've had a quiz ready all this week. How well do you know babies? Are you ready to play?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: And I've asked us some lullaby music? Here? Can you work out what's so? This is a lullaby version of a rock song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: That's why it's a quiz?
Speaker 2: Is this a question?
Speaker 3: In the quick?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, this is born to run?
Speaker 5: Apparently it is.
Speaker 3: How well do you know babies? Jack post stancing in the dark? This is not born to run? A How well do you know babies?
Speaker 2: Not very great?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's play the quiz. True or false. I've got some facts. So are the true or false about babies?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Babies cry with an ACCENTU false? True? They cry with an accent.
Speaker 5: Research us on the University of Wurtzburg found that babies pick up their mother's native tongue in the last three months of pregnancy. They reflect their mother's accent and the pattern of their christ Babies grow mustaches in the womb. You can see a baby with a big old tash, you know, like murphews comes out like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess that's true. They can come up with a lot of hair.
Speaker 3: True, And around the four month mark in the womb, babies go a tash that spreads to the entire body. This isn't true. Have you made this up?
Speaker 7: Oh, there's some hairy babies already had a little tucks of hair on her shoulders when.
Speaker 8: She make me out.
Speaker 7: It's like a little monkey.
Speaker 5: That goes after a couple of days that's never say anything crizing about already less you want. Your eyeballs were ripped out and your throat ripped out and fed back to you.
Speaker 3: Newborns open their eyes. Whoever put this together on getting boozs of the rear. This factor is on here three more times, Rhea. By the way, I know it's a Friday.
Speaker 5: You can't just keep repeating the same face three times as one's on here, newborn baby, he's opened their eyes and average five minutes a day chill or Force Silver.
Speaker 3: A feature did a half past eight called the atwork Time wast Sir, We don't need to ask any more questions about how well you know babies? Do you want to use Silver?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every day this week we've been giving dads one thousand dollars a show thanks to aston rx dot com. The aston RX twenty eight d program proves your health and triggers rapid fat loss using science, not guesswork. Give it a go, all right, So we let the dads pick their own specialist subject. Well they think they can get the most of my questions right in thirty seconds for the high school.
Speaker 3: My son. Your one thing we've learned doing this week of this quiz is this show is not at its best. Ryan Quiz Questions. Yesterday we had.
Speaker 5: A guy who's studying, you know it was an insurance assessor during the day an evening. He's studying to do a Bachelor of Science in astrology space.
Speaker 3: Our idea of a space question to.
Speaker 5: Man like that was what did the alien in the TV show alf like to eat?
Speaker 2: And he got it right?
Speaker 3: He got it right. Studies our worst guy is a space genius.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 5: So to specialist subjects this morning. First of all, let's say hello to Dino.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Dino, Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: I'm good buddy. How are you so?
Speaker 5: I know you got to You've got three daughters eighteen, fifteen and seven.
Speaker 3: How have they gone? In lockdown? Everyone? All right? They survived?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that we survived.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is a bit.
Speaker 5: Now before we get into thirty seconds of questions all to do with the great Holden car.
Speaker 3: What's the dear? Why is this you obsession? Was it the first car you owned?
Speaker 12: Well, I've still got my first Carl given to me.
Speaker 11: My dad, and he's had Holds always.
Speaker 7: Last day sort of just wrapped off on famili.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been like luggage, you never get rid of me. How many have you got?
Speaker 12: Just two at the moment, just the moment.
Speaker 5: Just two, Just two at the moment, all right? And if you still got the original one you had when you first learned to drive?
Speaker 12: Yes, I have.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. All right?
Speaker 5: Are you ready for thirty seconds of questions about Holden's Are you ready?
Speaker 3: R right?
Speaker 5: Your thirty seconds will begin the moment Jack has asked the first question, good luck.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Do you know what was the first model of Holden called.
Speaker 12: Well H two one to five?
Speaker 2: Correct? The Holden crest feature is a line with a stone. Which way is the lion facing left? Correct?
Speaker 6: When did Holden last claim victory in the Bathurst one thousand last year?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Before?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Yeahs.
Speaker 2: A classic Holden advertising slogan football.
Speaker 12: Meet Hies, kangaroos and holding God.
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 6: Which famous race driver had a hold in to run and named after him?
Speaker 3: Rock?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Wow? We five?
Speaker 2: Five? Well done?
Speaker 12: Five?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Well done? All right?
Speaker 5: Coming up next, we'll see how going up against Dino is Dad Josh, He's going thirty seconds on the Simpsons seasons three to twelve. I love the seasons three to twelve. If you're Simpsons, fancy I when you get right next after this some Robbie Williams.
Speaker 4: And gold Christ Connell Shoe podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, so we've just had our first ad. Dino his chosen specialist subject. He had thirty seconds of questions on holding cars smashed it? Did he even stumble on any of them?
Speaker 2: I know you got five from five?
Speaker 3: Ass? What do he watch over there?
Speaker 2: I'm putting the next caller on through?
Speaker 3: Are you right today?
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit behind Apel. I can't really explain why.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about you.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's not put Jack in front of anach, any buttons or anything like that today. This is no rough edges, all right, or equipment near the postmode all right.
Speaker 3: He's got it covered, all right. So we have here Dad, Josh.
Speaker 5: He's got five questions to match Dino to try and win the thousand dollars thanks to Aston RX, Dan first, Dan for the high School, Dan first, my son than yours.
Speaker 3: We've enjoyed this this week. What's been fun about it?
Speaker 5: This is here in the Variety in Specialist subjects holding cars this morning up against the see Simpson seasons three to twelve. We are thinking about we know that there are quite a few footy players that listen to the show. Can we do two footy players every week going up against each other? Nothing to do with footy.
Speaker 3: Just I want to know what they're chosen? Specialist subjects? Are we know?
Speaker 5: Old Jolie Sellwood listens to the show? We found out last week what is it? We found that the Hawks player.
Speaker 2: Sean our show, Sean Berglan, We found out he listens.
Speaker 3: To the show as well. All right, so you're ready with your questions?
Speaker 2: Jack, I'm ready? Are you ready? Josh hey, I.
Speaker 3: Haven't got a Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's moving too quickly for me. Now he's trying to make up for lost time for the last sound a bit. Josh, he there, buddy, Yeah sure, I am okay, Josh boy. So you're a big fan of the Simpsons.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm not the biggest, but yeah, yeah, I watched it as a kid growing up. That's all we watched.
Speaker 3: Here, thirty seconds of only questions about the Simpsons. Suddenly he goes, I'm not the biggest. Do I expect you to.
Speaker 6: Be the very big Josh, you're ampick anything.
Speaker 3: You're a casual fan.
Speaker 6: I think I'm saying it that yellow family right from the drop down menu.
Speaker 12: That's the one.
Speaker 3: Who's not one. Editor. Josh, you clearly want no part of this. But Josh, who's putting forward?
Speaker 12: Mate?
Speaker 13: What she wants me to win?
Speaker 3: The money?
Speaker 14: Birthday?
Speaker 13: All of my daughter's birthday? Have you in August?
Speaker 3: It's not yet you don't. He said it is going to be yellow car.
Speaker 2: We have another one already on.
Speaker 3: Jackie perm yellow. But there's nice to have that happy birthday. Good to go for August?
Speaker 5: All right, all right, Josh, you ready for thirty seconds of Simpson's question.
Speaker 3: All right, good Jackie boy.
Speaker 2: Off you go, Josh.
Speaker 6: Monorail salesman Lyle Lanley claims he's sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville.
Speaker 2: And where.
Speaker 6: Manah or something that north Haverbrook who was saying, bo earns forget it?
Speaker 12: Who earns?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 12: No, I've got nothing gone blank?
Speaker 2: What does the j and Homer j Simpson stand Ford moved on to that way correct. What's the name of the alcoholic drink? Homer invents.
Speaker 6: Moonshine, the flaming Homer Josh Josh, you were looking for more questions like what's the daughter's name?
Speaker 2: Spell?
Speaker 3: Homer?
Speaker 12: That wasn't it was? I completely went blank.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about it, Josh, Josh, Josh, Josh boy.
Speaker 3: At least he gave it a go.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: I'm going to send you some prizes anyway. Okay, do you know what a live lastein? You can have that with some other prizes as well.
Speaker 3: Josh, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You drink a well famous Homer's moonshine.
Speaker 3: Ad it. He invented moonshine. It's well known for it, Joshi boy. At least we know we ever need to find Melmura's biggest Simpsons fan.
Speaker 5: We don't call Josh Josh by bags and take you.
Speaker 3: But you still cheered us up this morning. All right, So Josh, you've done all right by us. Have a good weekend. You know what something up when he went bloody hell. We've all been in that situation sometimes in life where you want to swear.
Speaker 12: Tapped, Hey, Tino, yay day.
Speaker 3: By the way, give on one thousand dollars. Dino knows he's holding cars five question right, because that was his Chowsen space and sub oh night.
Speaker 6: Josh, do you know would have probably got more of the Simpsons questions too.
Speaker 3: I would have done that all right, So you win the one thousand dollars. Well done, Dino, Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Good, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: It couldn't do it last week because none of you would have called in because we couldn't have a weekend. On Monday, we were talking about what was the dullest thing you did over the weekend? We heard people cleaning the salts of all the shoes. That is not going to be this weekend. No, the long weekend is ours. So we can finally ask you after our fourth lovely lockdown, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: Knock off Friday? What's time you're knocking off? And what are you looking forward to this long weekend?
Speaker 5: Nine four one oh four three, Jackie boy, I know you're not coming to the pub at lunchtime with us.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: I've got an interesting excursion after the show. The best way to say it, I guess is I have to get my swimmers counted, so I have to go to a medical building after the bank. The bank, Yes, I have to make a deposit into the bank so that they can put my money.
Speaker 5: You don't do it into the bank, okay, don't turn up the reception and go.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. You put it in a deposit slip and then you hand into someone again.
Speaker 5: Don't just start in reception and there's a room, I believe you go into.
Speaker 2: That's right, So I go into the room.
Speaker 3: An you go in on this? Or what do you get dressed up for that?
Speaker 2: Or you know what? I actually I was trying this morning.
Speaker 6: I got dressed up like I wore my nice boots today because.
Speaker 3: That helps if that gets you in the mood. Those nice boots, sexy.
Speaker 2: Boots sort of felt like I didn't want to his boots.
Speaker 3: They're not his boot They're knee high boots. Is that Robin hood I just.
Speaker 6: Wanted to look presentable. I didn't I don't know something about going there in a hoodie and looking scuffy didn't feel right. So I wanted to be presentable and look the best I can. But I am nervous about going.
Speaker 3: Will you will you take some snacks?
Speaker 2: Or how long am I going to be in there for?
Speaker 3: And what you like? After your Friday show, you get a little bit snoozy. I've just suddenly got you know them the other side of the Cuban going. He's been in there three hours in there three mister boaster, You're okay in there.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 6: I worry actually about taking too long, but also about being too quick.
Speaker 2: I don't want to just do you not need to get this?
Speaker 7: Don't do what the love God did when he had to do it. He went into the wrong room. He went into he went to.
Speaker 6: Just dropping this off there, went into.
Speaker 7: The in the inverted commas, the work room where there was material like reading material in the coffee.
Speaker 3: He probably brought his own magazines.
Speaker 7: Chris the nurse running and said, all sir, you're not meant to be in this room. You're meant to be in the waiting room. So make sure you go into the right room.
Speaker 2: Follow the arrows.
Speaker 3: Follow the arrows well. Enjoy that.
Speaker 4: Chris connel Shoe podcast.
Speaker 5: To asking you what time you are knocking off today and what is your highlight over the long weekends?
Speaker 3: Knock off Friday, Patsy, what's it for you guys?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm really looking forward to this weekend is just going to our favorite local barista in Werribee, and mottin straight at baby is and just having a beautiful coffee and some breakfast tomorrow morning with the family.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's the simple things back in our lives, isn't it.
Speaker 3: This weekend?
Speaker 5: Right, last week my book came out. No one listens to your Dad's show, and I say it's out, but no one can. You can online, You can't normally win a book's out. You said you can go and by it, but obviously for a week and half in lockdown it's been out. But like, I actually went past the bookshop last week. I peered in for the window and I could see it in there, but obviously that the lights were off. So this weekend I'm going to a couple of bookshops they don't know about this, right, and I'm going to sign the copies without telling them, and then on Tuesday I'll let you know whether I signed copies of the book. So I've actually got six bookshops to go to tomorrow. I can go and see the book in there, sign it and then leave.
Speaker 6: I wonder if you're a staff member and you see somebody doing that, if they'll try and stop you or not, because they're facing the book, you're facing a book, but you're the author, so you're kind of adding value to it.
Speaker 5: Now, here's what I'm going to do. The kids are coming with me as lookout. They were very reluctant yesterday. I'm paying them each twenty bucks. So it's just two hours work. Okay, it's a two person job. You're a lookout.
Speaker 3: Okay. You start asking where JK. Rowling's Harry Potter is and they're distracted. Oh that's your little chart.
Speaker 5: Great to see the young men's reading. I'm there scribbling in my own book. Okay, so I'll let you know Tuesday where the bookshops are that I've scribbled in my book. And thank you to everyone who has bought it. They've all been delivered. I'm getting these lovely photos and lovely emails my email address that I actually have put in the book. I got this lovely photo here for Pauline. I keep forgetting how many homes are still without power? Yeah, it's one hundred and fifty thousand homes. Pauline sent me a photo. She's reading my book on a torch line. It's taking something out up to Kenzie in London. The cat's readas well. He's out to page fifty one. He's a very quick reader.
Speaker 6: Like a kid who's pulled the blankets over their heads. So they're ready coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Everybody is cool, right, Everyone plays all the good music, right.
Speaker 3: You like all the right bands you got into before anybody else.
Speaker 5: But then in secret, there are those songs that we all listen to, right, that you'd never admit to everybody else.
Speaker 3: That you actually really really love. We've turned this into a feach every Friday called stand by your Band? Would you call us up?
Speaker 5: No judgments, you just tell us what the song is you secretly love to listen to.
Speaker 14: Stamby your band. Don't be a shamed.
Speaker 8: You like them just because the world doll understand.
Speaker 3: Let's bring out these secret songs of shame, and then what we do is we will play one during the next half an hour. You maybe you wouldn't normally hear on.
Speaker 5: This radio station nine four one four one O four three. Over the last couple of weeks, we've heard songs we've not heard in ages.
Speaker 3: Like this, Remember this.
Speaker 14: Game?
Speaker 3: What about this banger? Powerful? Surely like Barnsey and Pharnsi, but you ah.
Speaker 2: So love this?
Speaker 3: How can you resist this, just show what it's all about. And the lights go out. And then this came from Josh to tuck up gender, all right, what's the song for you? Stand by your band?
Speaker 5: Nine four one for one oh four three, Jackie boy, what have you brought in today?
Speaker 6: I was shocked to even find out this is considered an embarrassing song. I was simply this week saying how much I love pretty fly for a white great song, and the team said, oh, I'll do that for you, stand by your band. It's so embarrassing. No, what, No, this is a great song.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what an intro and say I'm pretty fly for a white guy.
Speaker 3: Whatever, brilliant song.
Speaker 2: I refuse to feel shame for loving this.
Speaker 5: Shame nothing but a good time that song. This is gonna split people. I'm not even sure if it's down the middle. I may be the only.
Speaker 3: Person who really secretly loves this song.
Speaker 4: You raised me.
Speaker 3: Don't rush the judge, just let it in. Who doesn't want to be raised up on a Friday? Please Josh raise me up? They ever make a TV advert again, that's a big ap for this breakfast show. We should just use this.
Speaker 2: It's a bit sweetest and my song was sweetness.
Speaker 6: It's like when you have too many desserts. It's like having deserved the entree, main and dessert.
Speaker 5: I'd love that a three course meal that's just pudding, and then be sick afterwards.
Speaker 3: And that's what this song is like.
Speaker 2: The t Yeah, what do you imagine that you're doing.
Speaker 3: I've been raised up by the people of Melbourne. I've been chaired around AnyWho stand by your man? Please? Can you make that happen to me? Guys? Can you chair me around me my next birthday? Next year?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Stand by your Band, you call us up? You us the song that you secretly secretly love, listen to you, but you're be embarrassed to tell anybody else that you listen to it.
Speaker 3: We call it stand by your band.
Speaker 14: Stamby your band, don't be name you like them just.
Speaker 8: Because the world don't understand, all.
Speaker 3: Right, stand by your mand Let's go to the lines nine.
Speaker 5: Four one four one o four three one of these songs we will play before the eight thirteen news. Someone's texted in to simply saying one line, I stand by scatman. I whould have thought of go an adult whatever need to use that in a text format. Ever, what a time to be alive, guys. I stand by Scapman. I'm standing with you by Scatman. There's now three of us.
Speaker 8: I'm a scat man.
Speaker 4: A song?
Speaker 3: What was this?
Speaker 2: I will also stand with you.
Speaker 12: There's now for us with scam.
Speaker 3: It's Toby Goop. It's Jewish saying.
Speaker 13: Huge.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm going to play this with my kids over the weekend. There can you did nothing?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 3: Stop the scat man. You can't stop the scapman once he's stop scabbing. I'm a scat man. Heard that be the one that gets played?
Speaker 2: It's got my vote?
Speaker 5: Is do we even have that in the system, you know, because it's all on hard drives? Is there any time that gold in its history? Which is a very long star steveboard history. This reason, however, they must have never played scat Man.
Speaker 2: You could probably just loop that one you played and it's the same.
Speaker 3: Was it a genre called scout? I didn't even know was it?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 3: It just a one off thing? All right, let's go to the lines. I know where you've got for us. Good morning, Trevor, Yeah, great, crew.
Speaker 13: Mine's not a song, it's more an artist. I'm a one hundred and fifteen kilo barking you absolutely adores Dorith Day good Man.
Speaker 3: I'm standing with you with Dori.
Speaker 13: While it's somedingly the secret, they're just not quite Genus Joplin or Black Seventh. So it's the mixed with the with what I'm used to listening to amongst the bellows because.
Speaker 5: Of Gus.
Speaker 2: Where are you? Maybe?
Speaker 5: So listen while I tell.
Speaker 8: You what this to me?
Speaker 3: Hell of a song, right, this marvelous song. Great?
Speaker 13: Everything he does great? You know that's it doesn't fit into my area of being a bikey, but it's still it's something my little secret I have from everybody else.
Speaker 5: And we just want to thank you for sharing it with us today because this is brilliant. I think if Harley Davidson want to do a brand new TV advert, there's you like going out through the roads, you know, that big sort of aerial shot they do and because.
Speaker 13: To me, yeah, on a Harley singing that, I don't know whether I could quite the pitch she does, but I'd give it a shot.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 4: Love it?
Speaker 3: Trevor, you have a great long weekend. Thanks for calling him.
Speaker 13: Cheers are you? Bye Bye?
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't when sometimes, for some reason this feature the guys need to tell us how big they are.
Speaker 3: It's not a dating thing. I'm a one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 2: Killer guy, Okay, I like long Walter on the beach.
Speaker 5: The ladies don't fill the knees and press us with their side. We go on here, Corey, come on in, Corey.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Christian Jack, Pat's how aur this morning?
Speaker 3: We're going, Corey? What's the stand by your man? What's the song for you?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 11: Well, I feel like I should have disguised my name here, but I'm a Gabo driver and I'm a sucker for all your Disney hits, so Frozen let It Go would have to be a favorite of mine.
Speaker 5: Nice Corey, you listen to this in the truck when you do in your Garbo rounds.
Speaker 11: The problem is it comes up in the playlist, so box Hill get an off and run of it coming through their streets as their bins are getting picked up.
Speaker 3: So good it's on a playlist of other sort of Disney hits.
Speaker 11: Well it started on the Disney His but that's come through now into my super mix, so I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 3: But if it comes you're not mad about that? Please all right, I'm going to put you on a hold in a minute. I want you to send to me on Spotify your super mix. Okay, that's got this on it. I'd love to listen to it as well.
Speaker 11: I'll send you all my Spotify mon for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, Corey, Corey, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 11: You two mate.
Speaker 5: Stay safe guys and you thank you know four one four one o four three? What is the song for you that you secretly love You've embarrassed to meet you like?
Speaker 8: Christian?
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're doing to stand by your band. You tell us the song you're secretly embarrassed to meet you like. We're going to play one of them at the moment. There is a big movement amongst people. You want to hear it.
Speaker 3: I'm a starting man who knew when you woke up this morning you would actually world if someone offered you scatman, You're going, actually, I'll take that. I'm the scating. We stand with a scam band, Christian.
Speaker 5: I heard you mention you raised me up. The other song I brought in this week for a stand by band me Josh Groeman, what a song? Stand on Christian. I loved this song, and as did my late mum. We were organizing her funeral and the songs we played. My sister and myself decided to have the song played at the grave side as they lowered her coffin. We both suddenly come the moment. We're both looking at each other listening to this and started laughing after I did everybody else. We're not the most appropriate song to play as she's lowered into the ground. I cannot listen to the song without laughing now and thinking of mom.
Speaker 3: It made me think of this morning. Oh, Sonny, that's great. All right, let's see what songs.
Speaker 5: You've got there for Standby band nine four one four one four three Sarah, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, stand By band. What have you got for his money?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 12: Give her a stand by the song?
Speaker 3: But I am embarrassed by it.
Speaker 12: I can only listen to it in my car.
Speaker 13: It's play to Love by Brian Ferry.
Speaker 5: This is a great song. And tell me that's right, Sarah. When you're listening to it, is Brian singing it to you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 13: I imagine him standing in front of me, of singing next to me in the car, Sarena.
Speaker 2: I love that he's in the passenger, he singing it to you.
Speaker 3: Now, Sarah, just see this one out let Brian.
Speaker 11: Sing to you.
Speaker 3: I love this, Sarah. I thought of Brian sing it to you in the cars leave to Love. It's just a right drop me here, actually I'll get.
Speaker 13: Out here take the next quest.
Speaker 3: What's that hooktome? Sarah? Thank you very much, she coole. Have a great long weekend.
Speaker 7: You love the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sam. David, good morning, Christian, Jake, pat are we good David. What's the song for standby MI?
Speaker 12: Fifty seven year old career?
Speaker 13: And unfortunately it's melt c be the same again?
Speaker 4: Good lord, thank you.
Speaker 13: The first single of the song.
Speaker 3: The fact that you know that I think, yeah, I think you also know it's not this male Sea.
Speaker 5: I believe it was with Lisa left Eye Lopez as well, A great man yourself.
Speaker 2: This is a great song. This is catchy, no awesome.
Speaker 3: So this is a great song. It's throwing shade. David. Here we go again, David, good one, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 11: Christian.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today is National Clean Up Your Mess Day. You a neat freak? Patsy.
Speaker 5: I met you are you are You're ordered? You are someone I met? You are a neat freak.
Speaker 7: Yeah, me in the mood for it. Chris is the one. He is like a drill sergeant.
Speaker 2: Really yes, Jack, Nope?
Speaker 5: No, have you seen the mess I'm surrounded right now, screwed up bits of paper? No, all right, national clean up your mess day, messy movie right met?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: These aren't great messy movies. Oh so messy twenty one Dump Streets.
Speaker 3: Place is like a soft start bronze. It's like a dump scruffy, The Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 2: Like that Civil plus thank you, the.
Speaker 3: Pukes of hazard. Oh God, clean up that mess.
Speaker 2: God, so much mess.
Speaker 5: We love the movie with Antonio banderas the mask of Zoro What about the skid mark of Zora.
Speaker 2: Gold plus lordy Sorrow.
Speaker 5: We love the movie No Country for Old Men, the messych MESSI version No Country for Old Mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Oh it's all gloopy, it's.
Speaker 2: So much bronze.
Speaker 3: Terrible end it there should depended on the scood mark messy movies.
Speaker 6: Well, we loved the comedy with Mila Kuna's Bad Mums. Did we Yeah we did, but we won't like it anymore bad crumbs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give that gold.
Speaker 8: That's good.
Speaker 3: Did we love?
Speaker 6: Mike Myers and Dana Carvey in Staines Worldwig.
Speaker 5: Bronze Minus Amnion, The Grime Traveler's Wife, Oh, that's good gold and Roboslop that's the gold as well.
Speaker 3: All right, what have you got then? Messy movies textures in Oh Fall sev Vibe.
Speaker 5: O three one oh four three best in show will when one of our limited edition nominally left now highly coveted Lidelas Stein.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: On National clean Up Your Mess say asking you if you're messy movies this morning and the time was stuff Jackie boy, you're ready to mark? Yeah, dusting Miss Daisy, Silver puff garbos in the mist, Gold, mark clean age, mutant Ninja Turtles, No bronze you me and debris gold nice use of.
Speaker 3: The word debris dirty nappy Gilmore Silver Dude, where's my cart? Shure? That's clever? Oh gold sure made Buffing the Vampire Slayer. Just give it a nice old clean up gold chamoir on that.
Speaker 5: Men who stare at mold bronze Mary poop in your pants, grow up the wonder you.
Speaker 3: Put your name on it. Shame on you, very poop in your pants. You better be a child, said some like it.
Speaker 5: Grott Silver, Hot Grub, time Machine, Silver Free Spilly Gold, Don Chris any given slum day, Bronze Uh soiled and confused instead of dazed to confuse, Bronze.
Speaker 3: Romancing, the Janitor, Bronze, filthy.
Speaker 5: First dates, Silver tops gum, silver plus matted reservoir dogs, No the hair or gets a mat at the gold Andrew well done, good spill hunting gold. There's no business like Garbo business, Silver, clutter island gold lock stock and two overfilled barrels gold.
Speaker 3: Uh not flushed away.
Speaker 5: Gold and doesn't iron man gold young White listen to the shy Ryan Now he's eleven.
Speaker 3: That's a funny one.
Speaker 5: Doesn't iron Man ten things I'd hygiene about you? Silver doesn't have the gold, Richard the dirt lock Civil plus into smella.
Speaker 3: It comes into smella.
Speaker 5: This is the mysterious this guy to only takes in about two or three times a week.
Speaker 3: The mysteriously named Spider.
Speaker 5: In Buffalo Creek and requiem for steam clean gold.
Speaker 3: Okay, who it is getting the lidless Steyn Jackie.
Speaker 6: Boy, Congratulations to Young White at eleven years old, the youngest member of the club to have a live The Stein with Dozen iron Man.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time Now for a Corner of the week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. They've got a flash saund on the moment. It starts today, ends Monday, one of He's winning one thousand dollars Now in our call of the week, wre are some just a few of the great calls about this week from you.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Hello, Coller of the week. What is the longest you've spent in the bathroom? You're the one, Jamie, Good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm going to dub in my fiance.
Speaker 12: He spends about four to five hours in the bath.
Speaker 13: Sometimes he ordered Uber eight.
Speaker 4: Then I actually don't get it.
Speaker 11: From the front.
Speaker 14: I get it.
Speaker 3: You're missing a meal time. That's four or five hours.
Speaker 13: You gotta eat.
Speaker 3: What's the delimity driver he put on the corner? What was the first movie you ever remember? Crying out?
Speaker 9: Tim, it's gordable mite when gooset doors in top Gun.
Speaker 6: I don't know when I think of great tear, jirke Is, I don't think of top Gun.
Speaker 12: You've got to watch it, Jack, or you're gonna watch it, mate.
Speaker 6: It's shaddy much so I'm sad to say I watched it last year. I thought it was a cheesy poly craps me poor.
Speaker 3: Cool Tim is the scams you've been involved in.
Speaker 9: Brian works in the printing industry, and back in the late nineties early two thousands he printed the AFL tickets for social clubs. At the start of the season. We sat behind grass for twelve to thirteen years and halftime you get free food, discanded drinks out of the weather.
Speaker 12: All that time, I never got caught.
Speaker 3: Must have thought those guys such great is they proud of those tickets in their hands, having the best time? How are we doing? When are you are losing? Those guys are always there the best time.
Speaker 12: We're shitting there for free and every half times it was a spigot. So there was Guy Peers, Darryl Something for.
Speaker 3: Love, Christian O'Connell caller of the week, actually everyone he calls the show every single day.
Speaker 5: We love he calls up this morning standby band. Hard to beat this one of you, but we love the story so much.
Speaker 3: Hearing it back again, Brian Hello, Christian I and the faker. You win one thousand dollars in real money.
Speaker 12: You bota, I'm going a phone call. I got a phone call yesterday. I made a mistake. It was a sixteen seasons sixteen. It's even better six sixteen to.
Speaker 5: Who's the phone call from? Is it one of your crew that were part of this takedown Stevie boy?
Speaker 12: They want in print of the ticket, Steve Well.
Speaker 3: They're send you one on thousand dollars. Enjoy your money and thanks for sharing.
Speaker 12: The amazing story. Are going to get me new little signs there and have a few beers on the fantastic one out of four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much there, cheers, Bien, have a great long weekend.
Speaker 12: Bye ah By.
Speaker 3: He's already starting on the signs.
Speaker 5: If I could ask one thing of you this weekend, there was an amazing charity we found out actually thanks to this feature caller of the week. I think one of the first times we did it, a go called Jason one right, it's one thousand dollars lots of money, right, and he donated all of his money to backpacks for VIC kids. We hadn't heard of this little charity and we looked them up and we found Sally came on the show on the Monday to tell us about this amazing life changing work they do, tiny little charity who are really really doing important work. Like a lot of these charities, and right now, after the last year and a half, we've all had it tough, but charities really do struggle, special small ones like this, and it's a really special charity. They were telling us how what they do is when these poor children have to be rescued from a terrible situation, they're literally taken immediately because they're right in a very very dangerous situation and sometimes you have to get them out so quickly, haven't got time to pack a bag. And so this lovely little charity actually give them backpacks just to show them that someone's cares, and it's basic stuff toldet trees, clothes, blankets, tortures, toys, books, diaries. So far they've managed to help five and a half thousand kids with these little backpacks. We'd love to get up to eight thousand or ten thousand. So they're doing a giving day to day and I know that a lot of you you can't do that, and I totally understand, but if you can, whether it's five bucks, if just one of you go five bucks, that makes a real, real difference to a little child.
Speaker 3: Is a really scary situation. If you want to find out more.
Speaker 5: Please head over to the Christian O'Connell's show Facebook page for the link. Thank you very much for doing that, have a great long weekend. Everybody will see you Tuesday.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast