Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 3: Toys Well Bmex boys have a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Cherish me while I'm here children.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show on Gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, welcome to the show. Have you well Thanks for tuning into Christian O'Connell's show on Gold.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jack, Good morning Christian and Perth.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Patsy. How are you Patsy?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Not so good today?
Speaker 4: What's happened?
Speaker 5: I had to spend the afternoon washing and of course it was a great day, but our dog Presley buffed on our beds.
Speaker 4: Two things about this right one you need to understand it is now Presley is a donkey disguised as a dog. So if that thing's sick, you've got a problem. There's a couple of liters of intestinal liquids coming up. What why did it throw up on the bed? Your bed?
Speaker 6: Do dogs get food balls like cats?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 6: I don't know?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: When they do that, it seems to take them forever.
Speaker 4: To Christian, any of us going to answer that? Or Jack and I actually shine away from the microphone. Don't call it in it either. Don't extending to work having a football. I don't believe they do, no, because they don't have that kind of lightweight fur that cats have. You know that just at comes off with a lick.
Speaker 5: It's as I was in the kitchen yesterday and he comes in. He's meant to be a farm dog. He's a farm dog. Bread and he goes to bed in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: That is not a farm dog. I've seen pictures of that. That's not a farm dog.
Speaker 3: He's a farm dog. He would be replacing the oxen.
Speaker 4: Till in the fields. Oxen. When was the last time he said that in the radio or even conversation in your own lives.
Speaker 5: This dog is so spoiled. I let him in for cuddles in the afternoon, he just takes himself off to bed. I'm the one that should be in bed.
Speaker 4: But what did you go from work right yesterday? And he's just like spread out over that big old sort of family bed.
Speaker 6: For you and Christmas takes the whole king sized bed.
Speaker 4: And he just leans over more chucks a Vomit.
Speaker 5: Doesn't lean over, it just does it in the middle of the bed. But it's like that for about five minutes, and you're like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, because they do. It's not one movie. And then it's like some sort of yogurt thing they do with the bum goes up. In the end, they're like they're emptying out everything from the stomach. Then they have a good old they start eating, Oh yucky, you have any macas your coffees go, it's not They start drinking their vomit, all the little chunks back in, sucking it in.
Speaker 6: It's a long time sting.
Speaker 5: So I didn't get to him in time to shove him off the bed and at least do it on the.
Speaker 4: Floor hard with an ox. You got to get the power attached to plow. It's on the bedroom floor.
Speaker 6: It's disgusting. So that was my afternoon.
Speaker 4: And then you have to clean all all the bed sheets.
Speaker 5: Wash everything, and sooners up at the laundromat.
Speaker 3: And it all goes through as well. You'll get that weird circle thing on your metress.
Speaker 4: Is anyone who hasn't had a mattress more than a year that isn't stayed somehow? It's awful and you'll get rid of them. And I think I spilled some deal tea Ben she must. I've never seen a mattress as year adult that isn't stained. I think even the royal family, everyone's got stained. Matt brad Pitt, that's why they stayed. What's happening to us during the night? Anyway, I fear that we've said too much. This morning, we'll reset the shelf for.
Speaker 2: This The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: You guys ever spoken to anyone who's actually in quarantine?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea what it's like in there, right, So, yes, sir, speaking to a friend of mine, Tom. He's our week into his two week at residency in a quarantine hotel, right, And obviously these hotels they're doing their best, right so and their they're basic hotels. They're just trying to do it and get everyone through it and keep the city safe and up and running. However, I didn't know what life is like in this doesn't. Chatting to him, I said, what is a day like? And he goes, God, the first couple of days were really high. He got so bored because we all think, ah, you watch Netflix and stand all that. He goes, yeah, you'll do that for an hour or two and then you're like, I've got another fourteen hours of this day. So he said on day three, you had a kind of breakdown as he found himself pacing out the distance around his bed like riding out works out it was six meters. He then did that one thousand times, sat on the bed and almost started to cry. And that's day three, Yes, that's day three. He then realizes, right that, you know, in any kind of it's the word the free market, that there are companies who worked out that people and then they need stuff. There's a company then, and obviously, what a great contract to have where you go online you can order in fitness gear cool yep, so exercise bikes, rowing machines, weights, you can order as much. You won't got to pay for a premium obviously, but they bring you gear and stuff like that. So he's got a the only thing that was left because everyone else when they started the two weeks stint been we're aware of this. He wasn't. He's got some old sort of school gym static bike that one of those old sort of metallic ones, even just getting one like one reps on this manky old nineteen seventies exercise bike every day with no view, just looking at a wall, you know, he says. So he's got that now to happen out, And I said, what was about the alcohol, because I didn't know whether you were now to drink it?
Speaker 3: Do you have a mini bar?
Speaker 4: No? No spirits? Okay, I think for that kind of rule, they've something's happened. You don't start with that rule. If someone someone's gone too heavy in the spirits like day one have just been a pain in the backside, They're like, hey, for now on, guys, leave the top shelf stuff along, right, You've got enough demons to get through in two weeks. Don't bring them out of the bottle. So no top shelf boost.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: When he's like checking in, he says he doesn't want to make up that he's obviously needing wine to get through. He goes, and if I, you know, on a Friday or Saturday night, he's aging every night Friday, you know, I do love a class, just want to how much isn't there? He goes, it's one bottle of day And he went, right, okay, all right, okay, and then he goes, I would never have an extra glass of a second one. But if I wanted to know, if I wanted to some kind of bottle of just I'm not going to have the second bottle. But if I want to do this is a comfort knowing it sension. It's one bottle of day. You see, he's got the situation now. Sometimes he goes, he can dislim himself till six o'clock. He gets to all six lot and then he has a glass of wine said by sort of corba seven. The whole bottle was gone, and he's got another long cut of arts before he goes to bed. He's now rationing himself on some days having no wine so he can have an x a couple of glasses. This is his life for two weeks. I was thinking, right, you know, if I was that fitness company, you would make you triple your profits sneaking in boost you go. He wants an exit cut of dumb beells, six bottles of sales dumb bells. I'd be smuggling them and charging him a lot more in cash.
Speaker 3: Why are these medicine balls clicking?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast feel really bad. Two team members, one of them myself, have now commented on Jack's hair this morning. Normally you're a very styled man, all right, precise lines, that's how you like it. So you run your life today. I actually did a double tape and he came in the studio because I didn't recognize what was on your head. Young producer Rio, who doesn't have a filter sometimes, you know, actually said, you look like you've been too a poodle parlot. You know, it's all it's all sort of.
Speaker 3: I haven't done anything differently. I don't know what's going on, but you.
Speaker 4: Don't like you actually fell out of bed, as my dad would say, and rolled into the show today like you rolled out of bed and then just sort of fell down and slid down the fireman's polled into the studio.
Speaker 3: I actually asked Bianka yesterday Shai go get a haircut, and she said, no, it's looking good, so she's let.
Speaker 4: Me not can happen with hair in twelve hours? The nighttime is crawl as your hair gets along with s crawl, isn't it. It's like someone like the Pixies come into your into the bedroom at night and just sqush it all out. You're a different person in the morning. I didn't go to bed like this. What's happened through the night? All right? Then we kicked off yesterday. Are eight z of the eighties where we're going through the great decade of the eighties, picking a letter each week and asking you what is that letter? And you with the eighties yesterday, let be here's some of the calls we had yesterday about the letter B in the eighties from you guys.
Speaker 1: Biggest thing I think for me would have been the bullied.
Speaker 8: Well I just happened to be there.
Speaker 7: The best thing I think about the eighties obviously was music, and she brings back all those memories.
Speaker 3: And there's only one place.
Speaker 9: To get your music.
Speaker 7: And it was brash and snill was better than broad Mick bem expandits I mean the flower fight things.
Speaker 10: You can't actually see most of me. You can only see my legs.
Speaker 4: Are you actually going to watch any of the BMX band? It's a lot of people were contacting me yesterday letting us know that it is on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Netflix and Amazon Prime, so there's no excuse. And I could have watched it. Yes, they did have the time, but I don't know. It just doesn't really appeal to me.
Speaker 4: I've asked you, please, I beg you. Here's the competition. See how long it is before you give up?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm giving a go today.
Speaker 4: Max ten minutes ago max ten minutes. All right, then let's he be Christian. I was a teenager in the eighties all about breakdancing. There were the movies Breakdancing. I saw all of those, there was like five of them, and Beat Street. My friend and I were breakdancers. We used to go into the city square with our ghetto blaster, rolled up lino and cardboard. My mates used to do this. In our minds, we were as good as the guys out in the Bronx. I thank god there wasn't video around. We musta just like an absolute bunch of tools and do our routines. And also she's putting brackets here at battle other breakdancers. There was a big scene back then, and we would wax school to catch a train into the city where the breakdancing action was. This feels like the setup to an eighties movie, doesn't it. We would wag school to catch a train. They would wag school to catch a train into the city where the breakdancing action was. Christian eighties from me back to the future, even more excited to see at the end of that amazing movie to be continued who knew it before? Years later until we've got to see part two, and also Bill and Ted's excellent adventure that's from Andrew. Let's to be from the eighties has to include a buckle bag. I don't remember these, she can but say, I bet Patsy had one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did you know?
Speaker 5: I've still got my original briefcase when I'd got my first job.
Speaker 4: Why did you? Why didn't you speak up yesterday? B for briefcase?
Speaker 6: And I've still got it because it nearly cost.
Speaker 4: Me having, you know, real big running battles with rival breakdance, cruise the other side the word. Meanwhile, in the solid world, there's young Patsy with a briefcase.
Speaker 3: My news in my briefcase. Let's get my news out.
Speaker 4: Pats you're only.
Speaker 6: Twelve and had a big buckle on the front of it on the briefcase.
Speaker 4: Yes, I seen that look since the eighties.
Speaker 2: Really The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast of the eighties, once a week with a letter, ask you what is your connection to the eighties. This week's been the letter B Christner. I understand your Susannah Hoff's fixation in the eighties. There it was just a teenage crush. Let's take out the word fixation. Everyone had a teenage crush in the eighties, and Jack isn't a child of the eighties, but even he understands the law of Susanna Hoss.
Speaker 3: I didn't even I didn't really even know about her until last year, and then I got down a YouTube wormhole of their video.
Speaker 4: That's bad an adult age all right. Thank god YouTube wasn't there for me. I think that she would have died with the excitement, and I wouldn't have been able to control myself. My parents would have foundly one day, just slumped over a terminal, and he died doing what he loved to do, just hearing down what we mean. Anyway, Let's lose the word fixation, Philip Vell, which I understand your Susanna Hoff's fixation in the eighties, but I see your Susanna Hofs and raise you Belinda Carlisle. It's not a game. Let's not put Susanna Hoffs up against Belinda Carlisle to fight it out for the letter B as we crown the queen of the letter B in the eighties, Please Phil, Yes, and on the show, so I was saying hell for me, the letter B was always just about my BMX bike. I loved it. If you're a bmxer in the eighties, they're still around now. I had an Amaco Too Too silver Star with a Renthorpe laid back seat post mushromokele grips, and my wife and my fortieth found that exact bike got it off.
Speaker 3: eBoy, Oh, such a lovely gif.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I thought. And then Dan Mabertha, I thought I'd take it out for a spin. And I saw sort of cycling around a cycle past a chip shop, and I saw my reflection on it. You ever catch your reflection Sometimes you don't know it's you, nig Who is that? Oh God? And I saw a sad middle aged man, and I so go back home, went I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: I can't ride this.
Speaker 4: We sold it, and a guy my age came round right. I don't want to judge him, but you know some guys who think that they're looking effortless with their look. We think you spent ages on that. That hair would have taken ten minutes to get that kind of messy my age. He had a wallet chain. Okay, you have it. Yeah, it goes with your hour fit. Okay, waved him off.
Speaker 3: Don't ride past any shop windows.
Speaker 4: I had it barely a couple of days. I had to say some things you shouldn't go back to. It was not right anyway, bmx's We were talking about this movie and how much I loved it in nineteen eighty three, BMX Bandits. Do you remember this Nicole Kidman as a young teenager?
Speaker 11: BMX Bandits fre wild in the streets, in the chase trend of all chasers. It's thrills and spills. It's fast on jurious fun. There's only one word to describe it.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what that word was, all right, BMX Bandit. So I begged Jack Post to go and watch this movie right before you do. A disclaimer from listener Mal Christian. I was listening to the show yesterday. You suggested that Jack Post should watch BMX Bandits. I thought i'd send you an email to read to him to say why he shouldn't watch this movie only a few days ago, like you at the time in the eighties, loved it. I can tell you that a classic it is not as a movie is aged very badly. I was going to go into a full review of the film and break it down into the individual issues slash problems or flaws if you will, about only after ten minutes off this movie. I'd written two pages of notes only ten minutes of the movie, so I had to abandon this idea. So let's get into this BMX bandits. It's a great title. Going into this movie. You expensively high flying stunts, people jumping, doing tricks of possibly over houses buildings. I'd ever thought that while running from the law, after pulling off some kind of daring.
Speaker 3: Heights thrills spilled fast and furious.
Speaker 4: They guaranteed it, But no, what do we get? Some kids find some walky talkies and sell them to well anyone and everyone in Sydney with the most inet criminals you've ever seen in a movie, even compared to those guys from Home Alone. Side point, he's right here, which is a phony in one day terrible baddies of movies. But James Bond used to have them all for ones. They would explain when they capture James Bond, they would spend for an hour explaining what the hell they're going to blow up the world giving James and how is the time to escape? I'd always see, why don't just kill him? Now? Why waste an hour explaining exactly in great detail whether the bomb is and a detonation code and all that. Anyway, let's jump into the real issue here, BMX. So how about the BMX flips and spins and jumps. We were expecting that should let at least be worth a watch, right, wrong, in block capitals, the highlights you consist of one of the BMX bandits running into a mild stack of shopping carts and falling off the bike, or maybe the moment they decided to go for a swim and take the bikes down to a water slider as you do, or just going a maximum height of two feet in the air and moving their handlebos a little bit to the left. That's it, Christian, be honest, it's a terrible movie. Jack, both do not watch it.
Speaker 3: I actually want to watch it more than.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Maw, we're gonna have to disagree. We're going back into it. Okay, we're going to take a break. If you've got any more great stories about the letter in the eighties. One thing I didn't hear from yesterday, because maybe it's not out there. I would love to speak to anyone whose parents saw the rival video technology VHS and Beta Max and went be to Max. Did anyone have a family household that actually had the bet Max?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Of the eighties this week it's a letter. B just been asking did anyone have a b to Max? And I've just asked Jack to try and remind us all what was the difference between the two rivals. There was the VHS and there was the Beta Max. Were they different? Wildly different technology?
Speaker 3: No, they were both video cassettes. Be to Max was actually out first made by Sony a year before Sony Yeah and JBC released VHS. VHS was just able to record for longer, so Beta Max could only record for one hour and VHS could record for longer, so people who wanted to record long things like movies or baseball games went for VHS, and eventually it won and made Beta Max.
Speaker 2: Late.
Speaker 4: Patsy, you must have had your own dedicated VHS cassette, those blank ones, you remember when you'd write on the spine, Patsy's Patsy's videotape, do not record over? Yeah, And he could pull these taps over out And then I remember what used to do with my sister's I'd worked out if you celebrate them over you could start. I deliberately record over her favorite TV shows just to annoy my younger sister. But I do remember those old video cassettes. So I've been asking, did anyone have a Beta Max Adrian?
Speaker 9: Yes, good morning, Christian be to Max. Yes. My dad was a bit of a take head back in the day, and when the videos came out, he did a bit of an investigation, decided Sony Beta Max was the more superior product to have, so brought home of Beta Max.
Speaker 4: This is incredible, it's the future. It's the future. I've looked into it in What You Know and then when those when we've seen those magazines what High Finds magazine and stuff like that. But he did his research, and so what happened did you find? Bit by bit? No one came round to yours to watch anything.
Speaker 9: We do have quite a lot of Beta Max tapes because dad was a mad movie buff. But after a period of time he realized that he couldn't get the movies he wanted, so he had to go to VHS and get my twelve year old brother at the time to set it up.
Speaker 3: It's funny it does actually say that Be to Max was superior quality in this hut I'm reading called the format was be to Max with superior quality, but VHS more affordable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, over the years, Adrienne, that's great, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: You call no problems.
Speaker 4: Christian, I think that BMX Bandits needs the full love God review. Yes, after his runaway success of Kong Godzilla versus Colm, I think you're right. There's anyone who can really appreciate the genius of BMX Bandits. It's Chris to love God, Sue, good.
Speaker 8: Morning, Good morning, Christian and Crue. For me be in the eighties was Body from the Professionals.
Speaker 4: Water Bade was that big out here. I mean, I love that show. Body was my hero.
Speaker 8: It was in my world.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the theme tune had an amazing kick ass, then that spot y and I'm tell you what Body google Lewis Collins chat he was the actually playing that man was a stud more than Burt Reynolds in and I think in most people as well.
Speaker 8: Hard Man's hard man.
Speaker 4: And I need.
Speaker 8: Fiction about Body's backstory because he was a mercenarylar.
Speaker 4: That's right, do you remember Sometimes it's that that flashback thing we need to have Sleepless nights and they just spring a bit of water on his face. Is when they didn't have good special effects in the eighties, and they vaguely allude, but he never want to go there to what happened when he was in Angola and a secret covert mission.
Speaker 3: In Google image, I'm seeing a lot of turtle necks and skivvies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly correct. But Jack smoldering stud, right, he's a stud. Yeah, he got down to be James Bond. It was him or Pears Brosnan and Pears just edged him out in the end. But yeah, he was going to be Bond. Body, I've heard that name in a long time. Now, can you just give me a quick idea about the fan fiction that he wasn't a thing? Then?
Speaker 8: No, it wasn't really. I used my electronic typewriter to type my fan fiction, and yeah, lots of lots of Carey scowling and Doyle being you know, simpering doors and what would.
Speaker 4: With body when it involve you in the fan fiction sort of him coming to Australia on a secretation and meet you.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I would never dream of his right.
Speaker 4: There were limits to the fan fiction. Even though you can do anything in fan fiction. He was still unattainable even in a dream world. Christian O'Connell shoe podcast, just seeing we have a TV monitor in the studio. I've just seen the headline that the Ellen Show has been count so that I see, I pray that we get canceled out. She's fired next year. Get out of it. At the end of next year. You've got eighteen months to clear your desk. What kind of cancelation is that? It's a very slow one.
Speaker 3: It makes it a dark show, all right?
Speaker 4: D wigging to Kila, go no, don't anyone like me upstairs anyway. That dance is going to stop pretty sooners And then she's just all right, So let's get into what's happening on tomorrow's show. All started a couple of months ago when we got an email about a guy called Dave Sherwood who is going to be turning forty and on his bucket list he wanted to throw a TV out of a window. We love this. We made it happen. This is what it sounds like. We throw a big, old eighties TV out of a second floor window. Great, isn't it. Then we heard from Tavina on her bucket list. She wanted to get in a tank and crush a car. We got two cars. Listen how happy she is. Then we hearn from Andrew and she wanted to try something delicious called the jury and fruit that she said in her email was the world's smellies fruit. We looked into this, We didn't know anything about it, and then we ask you, do you guys know anything about it?
Speaker 7: Imagine dirty web socks that have been lift in the washing machine overnight times fifteen thousand, Narita.
Speaker 9: We had a work colle aid bring one into work. The smell is horrendous.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's very much like a sneat, but the fruit itself has possibly a bit fibers.
Speaker 9: It's quite nice.
Speaker 4: Good morning beat.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I lived in Singapore and I worked for Singapore Airlines, and I remember particularly one day first class passengers refused to stay on board the aircraft while this passenger who had been eating durian was on board. So I eventfully they asked the passenger to disembark and the flight took off. The smell as that's better, Oo's is out of your skin?
Speaker 10: Why don't you've eaten them?
Speaker 4: This gets us even more excited. Listener about tomorrow morning. And then as we're talking about this thicking, where are we even going to get hold of one of these things? A lot of you sending a cemail saying you're not going to believe this. There's a there's a big market, there's a there's a Durian fruit food festival. Get this for the first time ever, that is this weekend when we had planned to do this. We never plan anything this well, Uh, it's actually just falling our way yet again. And we got a message from this guy, Albert Limb Higrijen.
Speaker 13: My name is Albert Limbs and I am the events director for Australia's first international Duran Festival held in Melbourne. I've been told that you are looking for a dan for a listener to try and I think I can help. I can't say too much, but I can get my hands on some very limited time ministry approof duriens. Then you can't get anywhere else. You know where to find me. Let me know if you want me to make the call.
Speaker 4: I think he's been watching too much The eighty. If you can find me and you can smell me, maybe you can have some Jurian.
Speaker 3: Fruit and fruit I like that pronunciation the time with the time ministry appet Oh, I want to get my hands on that.
Speaker 4: That is what they called that in the world under the counter stuff. So when I came in this morning, the producers were all like you know, when they don't want to say something's falling over. They got manager, let me go, oh, hi there, and they all rabbits in the headlights times three and I went everything. I went, yeah, I think you need to worry about it's to do with this with this fruit and listener Andrew and Jackie boy down the tomorrow at VIC Market. They're opening up especially for us so she can have this fruit. Jack is going to be in a has Mat suit. I'm not I'm not joking, I say has Matt suit. I thought they were going to get like a proper one. You see, it's a fancy dress breaking bad one. That What has happened to that producer? Collect she said, So we punish some holes in Jack's last week, she sent me a rude and abusive message because she was drunk. We've got problems. Do you know what a mutiny is? I think they're on the verge of Jacks anyway, I've asked her who SiO. What's going on with the jury and fruit and tomorrow and Andrew trying it.
Speaker 12: It's all good, it's all being run with military precision. We've got the site, We've got our but it might not smell with the line test. The line test sounds right.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is it's smelling. What do you mean it's not gonna smell. We heard all those caols why it will smell. It might.
Speaker 12: I think this is fixable, but it might not smell because in winter it's not very humored and they only really react to humidity to make it smell.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about this right for like four weeks. Why now in the eve.
Speaker 12: Look, maybe something's got lost in the mix. But yeah, we have done our research and we think we will be able to solve it. We have got a solution which involves an incubator, which we think will maximize the smell factor of.
Speaker 4: So what it's the fruit going to in an incubator now heating it up so it will smell, because it's got to smell to what.
Speaker 3: There's no point if it's just somebody eating a piece of fruit that is not an.
Speaker 4: End of the week special. They're going to start referring to me is the Ellen of Breakfast Radio. They're going to find at the end of next year along with Ellen, we will walk out together.
Speaker 12: Well, yeh know it is. It's been incubated. We're pretty sure. We can't tell obviously for sure.
Speaker 4: You get an incubator from an egg factory or something.
Speaker 12: The brands and activations team have sorted it out.
Speaker 4: They said, we don't talk about people they don't know about it. With the brand's activation team, they're not going to do anything.
Speaker 3: It's a box.
Speaker 4: It'll make you come in to work two days a week when the Australian Open or the Grand Prixs not on.
Speaker 3: That's the guy who drove out to Bendigo to pick up our donuts and even fill the car with petrol and got stuck out.
Speaker 4: There's going to work for Kiss that that team doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 12: The face probably make it stink. We think the box the incubator box. We're not during experts, but we were pretty.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 13: Haikers, my name is Albert Lim.
Speaker 4: You want to let him do.
Speaker 12: The world's first It will stink, It will stinky.
Speaker 4: Better make it stink, okay, or you will leave the show to I don't want to be the thing that that separates you from this show. Who is going to be homing the incuba with our fruit?
Speaker 12: Albert, He's going to give us a hand incubating the fruit.
Speaker 4: Does he know how about that yet?
Speaker 3: He will know about this?
Speaker 4: This is the night we're going to speak to Andrew.
Speaker 2: X, Christian Christian Connell Christian o'connalds show podcast.
Speaker 4: So now it's gone from tune in tomorrow at eight to hear what it's like when someone it smells the world's smelliest fruit that's had universities evacuated, first cast passes refusing to get off the plane. Now is simply going to be will it smell Christian? To make sure that Durian smells? Hire a portable sauna?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were told it has to be in a human environment to make it smell.
Speaker 4: To bring out the funk. That's actually a really good idea. Has anyone got a portable sauna for Does Rio just need to go to a sauna day? Sneak it in either under one of those old long wooden benches, pop back out, pick it up and now and then you and Andrew going the sworn toorrow. And that has Matt suits with holes produces for some reason that's put in there. All right, we've got Andrew on the line. Now. This is a lady who contacted us a couple of weeks ago wanting us to make it happen. Andrea, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you all.
Speaker 4: We're really good. So are you excited about tomorrow and your bucket list thing of trying this smelliest fruit.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited, but it sounds just a little bit chaotic there, and I may not get the experience and I'm sort of signing up for so the exciting bit.
Speaker 3: Of eating this fruit is the smell. Yeah, it's like the adrenaline of skydiving is jumping out of the plane. This would be like going and getting dressed with the parachute.
Speaker 4: And then that's it.
Speaker 3: Oh, we never go up in the plane.
Speaker 4: It's the wrong time.
Speaker 1: I does I want it to be any old fruit? You know you can get mango and that. No, it's got to be the whole subang.
Speaker 4: And why is it you want to try this fruit? Is it the smell? You want to just smell? How smelly is it?
Speaker 1: I just think because it's so different when we've cavelled to Malaysia, before. It's never been jury in season, and we've always walked past the jury and huts. That's usually about a kilometer away from the resorts because of the smell.
Speaker 8: So when you go to.
Speaker 1: So when you're in land Cowley, it's always says, you know, no dury in, but there's a hut. So we hunted out the hearts and there it was, but there was no smell. And then when you see the I guess the market in Malaysia they look at you as western tourist season. Are they going to be dodgy going to buy a whole one? Am I going to be able to cut through this spiny fruit? And of course it's not like your normal green growth to go, oh, you know, he habitaste of this lovely dragon. So we've never had the opportunity to try it. My uncles tried it in Thailand, he loves it. My aunt's visited from the UK hated it, smushed it all over his best shirt, which then had to be thrown out.
Speaker 4: O that shirt. Now, Andrew, I've got to be honest. We've been lovely. If you told me in the original email about the season of the Jewli fruit, I would have then understood there are four seasons. What season are we're heading into Melbourne now not really traditionally known as the humored season. However we found out on the eve of it for some reason. Now we need to find a sauna to put this fruit in to fugg it up for tomorrow morning at eight am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, so well, I can't cooking home. He could sort of nature it could.
Speaker 4: Sit on it like a mother. Hen that's a great idea. Ango, we fixed the solution between us, great brainstorming team, Andrew. We guarantee this thing will be hot and smelly tomorrow morning. That is a show promise.
Speaker 1: Fabulous.
Speaker 4: Thank you. You come to the right team. See tomorrow, Andrew, See you bye. What about that uncle shirt Christian O'Connell shoe podcast? What a headline? Mannikin's leg hanging out of carbo draws police attention. A man is facing more than nine hundred dollars in fines after an unusual traffic stop. A leg which is hanging out of the man's ford falcon startled residency thought someone was trapped in the man's boot. I'm telling it now does not look like a mannequin. If you've seen it, it's a really lifelike looking fleshy leg. Where would such a thing happen? In a word, I'm not making up Queensland's. Queensland's were that. Here's some of the audio from the police putting them over. Hi, mad, that's why I stopped you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a mannequin. Yeah, it's just like, no, biggie, why is it in there?
Speaker 3: And tuck it all in?
Speaker 4: If you don't put it in, don't make a rookie mistake. Okay, lead the big old leg that the foot's got a little sock, you know, probably underworks of course the grass socks you can get, but there's a sock on the foot as well, which makes the whole thing look too lifelike. So this morning, what is in your car boot? Because often we just it's a dumping ground. Isn't he just got.
Speaker 3: Random crap in their houses? Definitely?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And so what is in your car boot? Jack? What's in yours?
Speaker 3: Umbrellas? Clothes?
Speaker 4: We got clothes?
Speaker 3: You car so many clothes? Why just any time you take off a jumper or something, it just collects in the back. Biank and I could leave the city if we you're in an emergency and live well for weeks on end because of the car boot we've got. The other thing that's in there at the moment is one hundred a thousand piece puzzle that's busted open, and all the pieces.
Speaker 4: Are going everywhere KOs your boots.
Speaker 3: So every time you get something out of the boot, some of the puzzle pieces drop on the ground, and for a while I was trying to pick them up and throw them all back in there.
Speaker 4: So now it's no longer a thousand at eight hundred and fifty two.
Speaker 3: And we borrowed it from a friend as well, so that's.
Speaker 4: Nice to look after night. What's it off?
Speaker 3: I'll have to know now Croatia, the village in Croatia, well, part of.
Speaker 4: The village perhatsally what's in your car boot? You know what?
Speaker 6: There's very little at the moment.
Speaker 5: I used to be notorious, so I used to be like Jack and just had everything in their prams and toys and clothes.
Speaker 4: Notorious, not the old notorious ot. I am notorious boot.
Speaker 5: But I got so sick of it, I thought, And you know, when you go shopping, there's no room to put anything because it's full of junk. So now it is completely bare, if you went out to my boot now there is nothing in there but a little first take it.
Speaker 4: You know, I also had a spotless boot, Dexter when it's hoovid like that, right, no fibers left in there, Dexter.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show man in Queensland, pulled over leg of a mannequin dangling out the back of his boot and I mean it does not look like a manequin. It's even got a sock on the foot. This is the audio where he just says it casually to the arresting officer. I mad, that's why I'll stopped you. Yeah, yeah, it's just anquin. Yeah, just getting that little cop car. Move on, guys, it's just a mannequin. You know that, we all do. Vinnie, Good morning Mary, Christian. Vinnie. What's in the car boot?
Speaker 1: A possum?
Speaker 4: A possum sat in the back there right now, just staring at you in the rear view mirror. What do you do with possums in the car? Boo, sir.
Speaker 9: We got We've got a lot of possums coming into our house.
Speaker 1: We've got a big double brick house with an attic space and so we catch them and relocate them.
Speaker 4: All right, where'd you take a little drive? The bossom is going to where we go and let me out? Let me out me and you're going a little drive out to country Victoria.
Speaker 13: Take him out to the farm.
Speaker 1: That's what my dad says.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I sort of needs to say. When a pet died, it's going to great farm up in the sky. Where do you dump them? Have you got your own little spot now that you take them to? Yeah, down to the park, Mama said, Prams. There's a guy just chucking possums at the back of his boot, and I'm sure about this. Don't come back possum like the back of a man's car boot. Okay, Thennie, thank you, m Lee. What's in your cart?
Speaker 2: Boot?
Speaker 4: Good? All welcome. Now what do you got?
Speaker 10: I've got a radio type This sounds.
Speaker 4: Like a threat on a movie. Mister barn I've got a radio active isotope. We've got to ask evil Baddy laugh he's got them. Why have you got a radio active isotope?
Speaker 2: And you can't boot I'm an industrial radiographer.
Speaker 4: Right, but they can't boot it easily. Get shunting. You've got that old radio active isotope. Shouldn't it be next to you in some sort of heavily sealed container within a container within a container in a briefcase, No it is.
Speaker 10: It seems a very very very heavyly heavy container.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so thank you for assuring us all this morning. It's perfectly safe. And I didn't know that you radiographers when he shut up the old X ray department at night have to start taking the isotopes home.
Speaker 2: No we don't. We're not allowed to.
Speaker 4: You're in mississ for a bit of fun. Just be behind the screen. You wear that vest again? That badly? Laugh? Amazing, love it, Lee, Lee, Thank you very much for giving us a call. Have a good day mate with your isotope.
Speaker 2: Cheers, godbe by.
Speaker 4: Now. Uh we did ask them, we asked them. Okay, possums, oxotopes, radioactive. What else have you got? Peter Y?
Speaker 10: Good morning guys. I've got a Leo mastive and a pig witht in my boot.
Speaker 4: I had a little farm in the back. Now what're you doing with that?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: I actually transport pets. We're on our way from Canberra to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Wow, we and what is this a specialized business? Obviously didn't you do you just transport various pets.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I worked for a company called World Class Hounds, and yeah, we mainly transport kittens and puppies, but today is a special one.
Speaker 4: And I've got a pig with on board, right, okay, And that's a long old trip to do with the little piglic and a ball mastiff in the back. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, twice a week I drive up to Canberra and we've got guys that come down from New South Wales and Queensland and I meet them and we do a transfer in a car park.
Speaker 4: So you open up your car't boot the same time I'm open up mine.
Speaker 10: I'm in a band. Actually they're not.
Speaker 1: They're not in a boot.
Speaker 3: It stops for like, let them go to the toilet and Jack's.
Speaker 4: Get a couple of snacks to try through. What are you guys?
Speaker 10: Sometimes sometimes unfortunate is plenty of poo stops them.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Have a lot of you were on the school run and I know I'm talking to kids right now, maybe in the back of the carp maybe a co pilot's model with mumble Dad. And you do not choose to listen to the show, but you don't have any choices, not your car. Those years are to come when you'll be in charge, and that's the time to look forward to and you'll made you to listen to the show. And the school run is a thing of chaos, which is why we've decided to make it even harder by running a quiz show with two families going up against each other.
Speaker 3: We call it school running school.
Speaker 4: In the morning. Two families live on the school run. The winner each week stays on, so the raining chance is one in their back. We say hello again to the Page family, Good morning the Pages. So Captain Josephine, you're still then placed Josephine, Yes, I am well done, and introduced the who's playing in the car today? Who have we got?
Speaker 8: Okay, we've got Thomas, Tamara and Skylar.
Speaker 4: Awesome and everyone happy today? Everyone excited? Yeah, yeah, they've got no let me guess that was tomorrow and saying no, we're not is Tanisha you got the enthusiasm of the twelve year old and then that's a thirteen year aldgo no quiz dumb show? What about Old Tommy? Why I didn't hear anything from Old tom The Tiger fan Now are you Thomas, I'm good. Yeah. What's going on your team? He got smashed again at the weekend? Yeah, yeah, you're going to win this weekend. Yep, we are. What about your teammates they're all fighting out in the streets again. What's going there at Tiger Town?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know, hot take, hot take.
Speaker 3: Talk to a nine year old about a brawler and night.
Speaker 4: I think he doesn't know about it. You know, they can get news and everything on their telephones. Jack. All right, let's go now to the people taking you on the Mackenzie family. Mackenzie's good morning. Come on all right. First of all, let's speak to the team captain, that is I believe Darren. You're the dad. Yes, I am ex military you x army? Yes? What is that like on the school run? I get you back. I bet all the school shoes are polished. You march them out of the house in the morning, march the Mintley car a military precision. Who's playing with you this morning? Darren? Here have you got so this morning? We've got Lachlan hi.
Speaker 10: And we've got my dad altho military.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, this is amazing. It's the full brass today. Two military men in the school run I love that is he watching your six I've seen my war movies. This is great. Okay, so you're ready to take on the Page Family.
Speaker 2: Oh really, we've been ready since last week?
Speaker 4: Awesome? All right.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: School Ranks two families going up against each other, both live on the School run A. Families play as a team. Up first the Raining Champs. They get their questions the Page Family. You're ready for your questions? Yeah, let's go. Jack most has always quiz master.
Speaker 3: I hope your geography is up to scratch. Page Family. No, what ocean is off the west coast of Australia?
Speaker 4: Five seconds to discuss the answer amongst the sales team. There we need your final answer police the Indians correct?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 12: Done.
Speaker 4: Second question for the Raining Champs to pay Family Pages. Sorry, I forgot that bit. I heard the gap then I remember.
Speaker 3: Bruce Benner is the real name of which Marvel character?
Speaker 4: Five seconds discuss the answer. You gotta go first, UK Hulk is correct. Ten scenes this morning on School Runnings. Right, guys, two out of two for the Raining Champs. That's why they're the Raining Champs. Let's see how their opposition gets on today and what opposition Three generations in one car, two military men, grandfather, dad and then three kids Lachlan James Scott Att the Mackenzie family. Good luck, thank you, Wow, see that he's staring at the rise and at ease.
Speaker 3: Mackenzie family. What color do you get when you mix red with blue?
Speaker 4: Easy? One for the army boys yelling it out? You waiting your five seconds is over? My friend.
Speaker 3: Surblost great, turns out one and one.
Speaker 2: Color?
Speaker 4: That great, He's gone off.
Speaker 3: Mackenzie family. If you get this will have to go to a Southern death question.
Speaker 4: And say that's those army guys. Tyreak break guys, rein it in.
Speaker 3: It's over, My friends, Mackenzie, what is the name of the Australian trio? Who sang? Who sang? Staying alive?
Speaker 4: Tough one today, tough today? This quick Christmas cracker we do every year. You can get it wrong. Come Onjesus surprise, which means tyr Do we go to the tiebreak?
Speaker 3: Tiebreaker?
Speaker 4: Both families heads ahead and the tie break jack Boats.
Speaker 3: Would ask the question do we test the buzzers first?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? The buzzers are your car horns. First family buzzing with the correct answer on their car horn. So Page family, can we hear your buzz of the car horn? Police? There it is that clown car's back. McKenzie family car horn please.
Speaker 3: I can saw a chruck a boat?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I think it's one of those old sort of Second Orld War army cheeks. All right, here we go, tye right, get ready on that car horn.
Speaker 3: Dig set and spike moves used in which team sport?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I think it's the army truck.
Speaker 4: M it is it is soldier Jess. Mackenzie family. What's that you? And what a family? Three generations in one the Mackenzis. They came, they saw, they countured the flag, the mackenzie family. And what a great prize dive because with encouraging people to dive into sea Life Melbourne Aquarium for an amazing underwater venture. When he will be you all off to see Life Melbourne Aquarium. Oh my god, it's not Telly Shift tickets. The McKenzie family. They're back next week. Down everyone, thanks for playing along. That's okay, that's the around, my friends. Tough luck. Look, Page family, they win a new bree Voulcher exact value one determined doesn't say here, give me three bucks. Have a bag of chips on.
Speaker 2: Us everyone by Christian o'conlsho podcast.
Speaker 4: Couple of people contact to the show saying, hey, listen about the school runners. Question about Australian band the Beg's Christian BG's aren't Australian. They were born in the UK. Just have a quick look on Wikipedia. It's going to research you get from this show all free. You don't charge you for this. Born on the Island of man nowhere near Australia by the way, even if you don't know you ge geography. It's in the northern Hemisphere, just of England in the nineteen forties. And Give brothers then moved to their father Hugh gibbs hometown are in just outside Manchester, Trolton come Hardy in nineteen fifty five where they formed a band out there. Then they came over this way. Yes they are not Australia.
Speaker 3: This is why they're Australian because they came here in nineteen fifty eight. They give family immigrated to Australia instead. It in Redcliffe, Queensland. The young brothers began performing to raise pop get money on the streets of Brisbane, so.
Speaker 4: They love the Australian story.
Speaker 3: They honed their craft.
Speaker 4: We can't say they're Australia, they're English.
Speaker 3: How's this? They used to perform at the Redcliffe Speedway in the nineteen sixties and the crowd at the speedway would throw money onto the track for the boys. What so I guess they go. They go and seeing harmonies or whatever, and then the crowd's like, yes.
Speaker 4: Money, what a rough gig. That would have been the speedway years and those high false satto's as they're getting coined in the back of their head? Do they like us?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 4: Is it a good thing here? I didn't get this one where we're born in England but now we are Australian? Is I saying the stones from these sands Australian? They came here on several tours. Anyway, the score remains the same. We're not going back into it. There's two military men on board.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast Friends.
Speaker 4: What a Day it is International Anatomy Day Facts, one producer rio to do with this. On average, you produce enough flatulence in one day to fill a party balloon that says a scientist has actually done that. You try to feel various things, and that the max thing you could fill was a party balloon.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd do that much.
Speaker 4: I think we're not aware of when it's happening.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I think I would just putting it out there. My husband would say I would.
Speaker 4: But it's a perfectly right, quite right, quite right?
Speaker 3: Are we being a bit coiled?
Speaker 4: You're right? Okay, yep. If you rub the second bactis moving on. If you rub the sole of your feet with garlic, you've tasted it thirty minutes later. Don't believe that we see everything upside down by our brain inverses it so we can see it the right way around.
Speaker 3: You know that I didn't know that. Yeah, do you know?
Speaker 4: The image is coming in two D to the brain? Sort documentary about it once and then our brain flips around, layers it with another image and it becomes three dimensional.
Speaker 3: Clever old brain.
Speaker 4: Not just that the facts haven't stopped. Where the blood vessel meets with the optic nerve there's no optic capability, so the eye in the brain has to fill in the gap of what we're seeing. Wow, there is a blind spot, but the brain fills him anyway enough. I Fax Kids Anatomy Movies. You say, Children of the Cornea silver, fifty shades of gray matter silver.
Speaker 3: Plus honey, I shrunk the kidneys gold.
Speaker 4: The palette of the apes, all those apes and their palettes ruf, yes, yes, right, well done. Come on Anatomy.
Speaker 3: Movies, DA's tooth silver, dude?
Speaker 4: Where's my cardiovascular system? Cardio? Okay? And rectum ralph? No, what broze part of the body. Why we weren't marked down for that?
Speaker 3: Anatomy movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Edward normal hands, Oh yeah, foreign, there's anything funny Edward normal Silver, The Curious Case of ben belly button, Yeah, that's gold. Lung Foo Panda, tony lung fu Panda lung flu panda. Well he didn't have the flu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just got a lung and kung fu. All right, put them.
Speaker 3: It's that's funny when we get down to its parts and Shindler's wrist.
Speaker 4: Her syndrome gold.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: On International Anatomy Day, Anatomy Movies. Esophagus now gold word antigan, pretty woman gold. That's very smart. Didn't put your name on that six eight top bum Oh dear silver. We go from the top end of town to literally the bottom into town. Dead poets, sciatica silver. We a your to zoo, we a your to Zoo silver. That's smart. This isn't farting Beuder's day off. No, not even that clever bro Cloudy with a chance of eyeballs gold. That's from Andrea Elbow Mama from the train. I'm just giving it a good old elbow silver. What a nick sweet to Doolittle.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fist and the furious silver. Not nice, Dicko, especially with his name's Dicko Thoracic park sivil plus. You know that is Darren the dad from the Pace. I actually signed off nose going with the branding Darren the military man.
Speaker 3: Are you already see life tickets in.
Speaker 4: A stolen competition? That's the Mackenzie family iron mandible sil plus, very clever. Sign it to the limbs silver, back to the Fibia gold Turner and Gooch. That's funny, memories of a Geisha gold and offers a genital spleens on a plane. He brother, we're artery silver, the man from Snowy Liver gold. All right, who's winning the mattress and the box? Hangs to sleep Republic.
Speaker 3: I liked Man from Snowy River Liver, but it's going to go to tagging esophagus now.
Speaker 4: Great one. All right, Tomorrow Morning on the show, it's all about will it smell? We need to pung up a Jurian fruit so that Andrew can ticket off her up bucket list of trying and eating and enduring along with Jack, who's going to go down to the cover all the world's smeolliest fruit. There's Tomorrow Morning, Live at eight. Thanks for listening, Christian
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast