Speaker 1: All right, let's go double thumbs up. Patsy. What are you ensued this week? Mate?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well we did go to the opening night of Mulin Rouge. Yes, little show called Mulan Rouge. It's a little local theater production. This is amazing and it is back. Why is it back because the season was cut short, it was interrupted with COVID so and it was a sellout.
Speaker 1: So even you know from hundreds of years ago, bordellos in Paris were affected with COVID, you know those dancing girls. They had to use safe precautions there. Now I noticed your hair today looks amazing, but it's beehive since it is like you're actually in the play. It was like Rocky horror show. You go these characters from it.
Speaker 2: You're the matrix or do you say you look like something under the matrix?
Speaker 1: No, it looks cool like a character.
Speaker 2: It's something a bit different. But look, it's it's so fantastic and that's why it's come back because it was just so popular the first sort of season of it a couple of years ago. So this I would highly recommend. Obviously I've been to a heap of shows, but this really is do you hear that.
Speaker 1: Just that mic drop a heap of shows. Don't even get me to list them. It's embarrassing for you and.
Speaker 2: Me like a nauseum. But this is the best thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I get sick of going down that red can't pet you'd already go to it? Or is it r rated? I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. Look the first time I considered taking her, but she was younger than obviously I'm glad I did it, but look there were kids there last night. It really wasn't it's it's a burlesque show, but tudity, it's it's a beautiful body. Yes, no, it's I thought it was.
Speaker 1: There's nudity.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a French No, there's not nudity.
Speaker 1: No, no, no artistic behind.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course there's g strings and there's fish nets, but it's very.
Speaker 1: Jack's gripping the desk. Are they doing lunchtime? Ones that could prematinate ten o'clock? A brunch special but less.
Speaker 2: Brunch and the lead character. The lead male character who plays the role of Christian, actually played footy with one of our nephews and his name is Des Flannigan. He's a Wangaratta boy, and he was fantastic. He reminds me a lot of a young Hugh Jackman up on stage. He was just amazing.
Speaker 1: And I thought, you know what, how many wines did you add?
Speaker 2: None? Because I was driving? Ok, no, no, none. But look it is beautiful and you will be like your breath will be taken away. It's at the Regent Theater in Colin Street. The minute you walk into that theater and it's one of the most beautiful old theaters.
Speaker 1: He's a good to see to that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's huge actually, But as you walk in, the set design is like out of this world. You'll think that you've stepped into the Muhlin Rouge in Paris.
Speaker 1: So it's Jack's definitely going on Harry Horman over there as he thinks, are quite a home right now with that fifty old kid just canna take himself to who's that creepy guy at the front with no pants on? You thought there's going to be nudity? I want my money back? Where is la manager?
Speaker 2: But the sets themselves are like a character of the show. The sets come out like halfway into the theater, all across the roof, that you thought you're going to say halfway through the show big Elephant, which is of course Steen's apartment up at the top of the theater, and then at the left is the windmill spinning.
Speaker 1: To the right. I mean, they're not going to use any of this review because it take over the whole poster. Up to the left cup to the left, you've got that windmill. Over to the right, the Parisian night skyline. Of course, with the chimneys.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant. Even if you're not really a theater goer, you're gonna love it because there's a lot of it's a mishmash of a heap of modern songs. I recommend it highly