Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast, No Claim to Famous two week for us the best one we get between now on eight o'clock Robbie Williams tickets double pass to go and see him at Amy Part Wednesday, the second of November next year. Robbie Williams is playing sold out shows obviously after his amazing barnstorm performance at the Grand Final. Tickets are selling fast for the added show, second and final shows at Amy Park Stadium. If you want to go and see him, he is amazing live you saw what he did at the Grand Final. Have even bigger in the evening as well fronted touring dot com. You can win a pair right now. Business, my show Business.
Speaker 2: I did an upflush with carlimin O, Jason Dollavan and Lollie Meldrum. My uncle made the wedding cake from the movie to Castle for the moment to Kickboxer on Top.
Speaker 3: I was rescued from walking into traffic.
Speaker 2: By Michael Caine.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to face.
Speaker 1: But that one sort of fell apart a bit, did it with upon examination? Like an old art fat that sort of crumbles in your fingers when you hold it up to the light. Wait a minute, Oh right, knowing for one for one O four three, you're weak pain to fame?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Mark, Hey, good morning, Christian, Good morning all.
Speaker 1: Good morning, my welcome show. And what is your week claim to fame?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my weakest claim to fame is I once worked as a bodyguard and I was able to guard Nicholas Cage and his bodyguard while they were in Melbourne filming a show. Filming goes right actually, and I was able to guard their home while they had a sleep.
Speaker 1: So you're a bodyguard who guarded the bodyguard. It's the Russian dog of bodyguards and you're the big dog.
Speaker 4: They have to have a rest as well, so it was just pretty much disguarded.
Speaker 1: But he can't need to rest. What a great question guards to bodyguard when he needs to rest? Oh? Man, mind does?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was an interesting time, so it was a good, good, fun, fun job as well. Just had to keep people away from the building pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh so how do you get selected for that? Nicholas Cage, in my mind, would make you fight ten men while he watched sat on a throne drinking blood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I was just.
Speaker 1: A job and yeah, paying conditions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the boss picked me out and asked me if if I do it. I had just recently got the bodyguard license a few years back, and yeah, got the job. So yeah, luckily, no, there was no trouble. But yeah, some other exciting things happened on the job elsewhere. Yeah that what Oh no more more just you know pists with other other shows and other campaigns. Just regular pists or people drunk, drunk and loitering and causing trouble.
Speaker 1: But now tell me about that. I'm fascinated by the bodyguard license. What do you have to do to get qualified as a bodyguard? Because often thought about doing it after the show, so just being a bodyguard for a couple of hours sleeping.
Speaker 4: It's probably more regulated now, but this is going back regulator.
Speaker 1: The regular is not the fun out of it. Bash A few people in those kick a few balls and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I would bring some leaterers in if you could finish itet practiced.
Speaker 4: About twenty years ago. You do like a certificate three in security and then there was extra courses to do to do bodyguard training as well. But but yeah, it's definitely more heavily regulated these days.
Speaker 1: And what do you use Do you usually use the diamond formation when you're out with the principal?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, looked there was. There was a lot of practical tips in the training.
Speaker 1: Defensive driving and evasive driving. I seriously looked into when I had daughters, I was like, I might take a bodyguard. I'm not joking. I looked into all the modules. It was like evasive driving and they were talking about the triangle to protect the principle. I still do this now. The triangle were out about put a potential boyfriend in a sleep fold.
Speaker 4: The driving would be fun. I didn't do those courses. I was more on foot.
Speaker 1: But what if you needed to get Nicholas Cage out there quickly? And it was just like I didn't do the course. It was an one hundred.
Speaker 4: Bucks his bodyguard, his bodyguard wake him.
Speaker 1: Up with sleeping beauty. It was less.
Speaker 4: Regular guy was highly experienced, the really cool bloke.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Mark, great, God, thank you very much. I send you a prize. Thank you, thank you, Bye bye. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Good morning, Simon, Yeah, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Christian. My wickest claim to fame is that and now live in the house where James and Vince past band members of Pseudo Echo, grew up.
Speaker 1: There should be a little plaque outside on the walls saying that they should have a different like a colored one, shouldn't they for like rock and music sort of why that building is significant, like your one.
Speaker 2: Absolute claims to fame. And I mean the most amazing thing is that we've sort of kept it a little bit of a stitch in time, and the garage is still full of all the egg cartons and the soundproofing, and this is where they sort of grew up rehearsing and sound cool. You would have played their funky towns, would have done their all their old old hits sort of thing, getting it ready for that time and place, you know, a few quite a few years ago.
Speaker 1: It's like you were living in a little museum there.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yes, it's it's it thinks of history in yeah, which is great.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant. Simon, Thank you very much, you call mate. So are you desperate to try and win in the show round at yours with Pseudo Worker to play back in that garage.
Speaker 2: I think I think it'd be a great homecoming for them for them all sort of things. So yeah, we'd love to ye see them.
Speaker 1: I love that. Simon, good luck and thanks for calling mate, Thanks mate, cheers, Terse, good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh tell the morning, Kristin. How are you good to speaking to you? And now listen my weakest clime to fame. Are you ready for it? I had lunch with Johnny Farannham.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing to get one on one with John Farnham.
Speaker 3: When I was eleven eleven years old, I raised the most money in my school for underprivileged children and off to the Hillton we went for lunch.
Speaker 1: Not those underprivileged kids though you can have the old jumbo brawn.
Speaker 3: No, we got the money for them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, okay double meaning going.
Speaker 3: On here, yeah yeah yeah, but still that was awesome. I felt like a million bucks.
Speaker 1: But the bill was so obviously is it you and fancy.
Speaker 3: Beg your pardon?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So it was about thirty kids from different school.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a load of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and we all got to meet him like it was bombarded. We're like eleven and twelve year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's up the buffet, he's trying to put the salady together down.
Speaker 3: They're like the rock star then that he was with all his blond hair and everything, and it was just awesome. One of just the nicest person, really nice person.
Speaker 1: Yeah great, used to hear he's recovering one at the moment as well. And so did he sit with all you thirty kids? What was it like it? It sounds like cares like a long banquet table with him him at the top of it. Go kids, stop throwing food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, we were all just as quiet as mine. It was, brien, it was the best day ever.
Speaker 1: Oh lovely, that's a great story. Thank you very much, Teres.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: It's better thought under privileged kids all outside on the streets and no, not sorry, Simon, Simon, what's your weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 4: My weakest find the fime is Russell Groo Gilbert grab my hat's foot, slipped it on his head.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean that's TV goal. This is the pinnacle, the heyday of TV, and I think we've deserted it really, so take us through it all. So what what was it on? Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, hi has that day here?
Speaker 4: He's doing the pre show warm up and he just pointed to me and he said, oh, Jeremy, give me your hat, and he put it on his shoe and.
Speaker 1: Flipped it on his head, and that I'm not choking, right, that's all it took years ago to get a career on primetime TV. Simon, what a moment, what a ca to Hey, my friend, there's nothing weak about that. It's too powerful for this, Simon, Thank you very much. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast