Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We sent Jack Post to a psychic for the very first time now Partisia. Katelyn went last week and she is a wide eyed zenit for this stuff.
Speaker 3: She I went along to the same psychic. Even Kate Caitlin was so excited to book me in because I'm more of a skeptic. Honestly, I don't really believe in the supernatural, but I went in with an open mind.
Speaker 2: How does it? What did you say, Hey, what's your name? And then what happens? Because you're pre booked online, So what actually happened?
Speaker 3: Yep, you say your name. So she goes Jack Post, she writes it down, and then she asked for your date of birth ten eleven, ninety eighty seven.
Speaker 2: So she just starts doing numerology.
Speaker 3: Yep. She's got a little whiteboard in front of her, and then she scribbles down a whole lot of numbers like the ten. So she goes. Then she's going really fast, like is if she's channeling something. Bang, bang bang, there's a whole lot of numbers coming out. Oh you've got Eleven's very strong for you. You're an alpha male, she said, and then he started to pick up. It's like, oh, this is all I like to hear that.
Speaker 2: Like I said, magic truth, there's making the Statue of Liberty disappear, and there's telling Jackie's an alpha.
Speaker 3: So watch out. But you didn't know everyone, Well, I've got it somewhere deep inside. And so there were some things that I was really impressed by. She really knew, like details about us that that felt like, oh, that's really spot on about Bianca and I. But then I got a few things that sounded familiar. The plumbing in my house it was a bit dodgy as well, felt like I was getting you know, it's one of her highlights, or maybe her biggest hits is the plumbing in your house, because I know Caitlyn got it. Caitlyn also got ten knives in the back, which is forthcoming.
Speaker 2: Her knives are yet to come, which is a big thing to say to somebody.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: I got the tennis spades as well, which means but I had it in my history, So I've had ten knives in my bad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank god it's behind you and your back was actually quite not pain last year.
Speaker 3: That's true. She would love you because you make the connections that she wants to hear.
Speaker 2: Translated that could double act.
Speaker 3: Because sometimes I would say, she would say like, is there an an in your past? And I would say no, but you would be great at being there and making connections like oh no, but you hadn't an Anthony, Uncle Anthony. That sounds like so some other highlights that I got. There's a spirit that lives in my shed, in my garden shed.
Speaker 2: Now, I will tend to believe that because whenever you buy a new play Subroberty, there is energy in spirits there. I believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what's he doing in the garden shed?
Speaker 2: Pain rant, Hey, little feller, what's he doing?
Speaker 4: Is he a friendly spirit?
Speaker 3: She says? It's not like a polter Gei. It's not like a ghost ole bump into it is this. It's an energy back there amongst the lawmar and stuff.
Speaker 2: You ever found anything in there? Cold? Hot?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't like going in there, but because it's got spiders and mosquitos.
Speaker 2: The energy is making you feel like that.
Speaker 3: I've got two or multiple spirits in the dining room and they and they Audian Bianca, they don't the spirits don't like how we've set up the dining room.
Speaker 2: Do you agree? Has it changed?
Speaker 3: We did change it. It used to be the living room, and then we swapped the living room in the dining room around, and she said, that will be it.
Speaker 4: How theyre going to come?
Speaker 2: Nos, I weren't meant to say that. Oh yeah, that, yep, we've got that one. Don't forget to temp at the end because of that one. You know, we got that right about the dining room table.
Speaker 3: At one point she said, is there William or Walter?
Speaker 2: Two complete given names?
Speaker 3: And I said, well, I mean my sister in law's dog in l A is Walter. And she goes, okay, getting something from him. He's got Tommy problems.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, so he's got Tommy problems. What do you do with that? Do you even chudge your sister?
Speaker 3: I haven't even confirmed that with her yet.
Speaker 2: If he has, they deal with it, you know.
Speaker 3: But the biggest one I come and she's she's bringing out she's got a pack of playing cards, and she's bringing out different numbers all the time. I don't know what she means, but you know, she's like the three that's celebration for something. To do with work, and all of.
Speaker 2: A sudden she's having a great time. I mean, there's nothing for you.
Speaker 3: She says, my time at my current workplace is temporary. No, that is she did, chack.
Speaker 2: That is a big thing to say to somebody.
Speaker 3: But by this time I was already starting to lose believability in the whole.
Speaker 2: But she pulls you back with that one. Did it make you think?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't really.
Speaker 2: Look at me and be honest, when she first told you that, did part of you leave with joy?
Speaker 3: No? No it didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 3: Didn't tell you what happened. I tell you what happened. I heard that. I thought, no, like, come on, I don't want to leave the show. And then I thought, like, I wonder if there's something about like a four day week in the.
Speaker 2: Car I've just turned over the number. No, it's still a five.
Speaker 3: Y give me some more cars.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Run down on the show and then we're getting back into the eightest of school to all about the letter D this week.
Speaker 1: Or D course.
Speaker 2: So, if you're a wild and crazy guy like Jack and I, we got detentions. Old square bear Patsy didn't get one. I got quite a few, actually, and one of the main ones was from do you remember when it was raining. You wouldn't have had a lot of this offe in Australia, but we did in the UK. It was really miserable during the winter because you weren't allowed to go outside during break and recess indoor time. That was the highlight of the day, just getting out there in the prison yard, and so you used to have to stay indoors and have your break indoors, and then some poor teacher would have to keep an eye on you because unfortunately you look up the prisoners without letting them outside. It got feral in there you're in. The windows would all steam up in there and you'd draw rude symbols on the windows, and so there was always a teacher that to give up their lunch break to watch you horrible lot, and so the teacher wouldn't just being there for a couple of minutes, then they bugger off, probably have a cigarette, cry shot of whiskey and then come back round again. And so there would be about sort of one hundred of us in there in at desks, about eighty deaths. So we started this game where you had to try and like crocodiles, jumping on the crocodile heads. You were trying and jump as many run across as many desks as possible before somewhere the teacher's coming. Anyway, I got caught. They didn't turn them when the teachers were coming in. You remember there's just yeoy's surname. If they were angry, oh God, get down. There were two types of attention. There was a normal detention, which was the next day's lunch break, we need to go and sit in silence. Or there was the head master's attention, when you had to go and sit in his office right at the end of the day for an hour while he just sort of did his admin. And the head masters were always terrified, weren't they.
Speaker 3: We only had we had two types of detention. Yeah, sit in silence with the other people who have got detention. Or yard duty, which was going up and picking.
Speaker 2: Was the worst one because your mates always go you missed a bit there and chuck rubber. You had that little grab a thing in the sack. It was humida, but it was your my best day ever just for the own going. You've missed a book there, so what did you get a detention for Jackie Boyd. You've got detention, didn't you? What do you get it for?
Speaker 3: I would get detentions for not wearing a blaze and not tucking my shirt in. I wore a beanie a lot at school when you beanies weren't on. This guy allowed uniform.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then once I got a wrong detention for I got detention for breaking the drum teacher's drumstick, which I didn't do.
Speaker 2: And it was the first A kid and being wrongfully kids.
Speaker 3: The first how I realized, Hey, there's no justice here for the common say, it's a detention. Where do I get to stand in front of my peers and say that I did not break that drumstick?
Speaker 2: Where's my twelve angry man?
Speaker 3: Where's the evidence?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: How did you get blamed for it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: He just said I saw you in the music room over lunchtime. You were the only one in there, which wasn't true. There were other kids in there. No one owned up to it.
Speaker 6: These things.
Speaker 2: That's at last a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, me and some friends skived off a lesson, bunked off empty classroom we found that looked over some back gardens where he saw a woman with sunbathing. We were looking. A husband saw us and complained to the school. Oh oh you got call you little purse. James love it. I bet you tears. They can have a bloody wife, mate. You could certainly brings out his wife a cup of tea and lemonade a load of boys watching.
Speaker 7: Laura.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christian, I got a detention for drinking my drink after I left the dinner hall. Done, done, done, Christian. I carved my name into my desk board during a chemistry lesson in retrospect, it wasn't the best idea to carve my full name. I've tried to deny it. Well, mister Peter Sanso.
Speaker 3: The thing was when you got that compass in maths class that had the pointing in he was just too n desks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Agent, I got caught smoking in a storage shed belonging to the school with three mates during recess. Were caught by the vicar Nita sam now on atheist Fergus, you must have gone to a posh school. Fergus felled your Latin test. You got detention, Richie, I said to the IT teacher at my Catholic comprehensive school that the computer I was trying to use was a bugget, and I got a letter sent home for unfit language. Becoming a young man, Jim. When they said you are letting down, Lisa, tell you off go, you are letting down the badge on your blazer and the fine name of the school, and let you he gave a crap about the school name, the good name of this school. You up, We expected you to uphold its.
Speaker 3: I remember you mostly didn't care about getting attention unless your parents in some way the time.
Speaker 2: That was really bad. Uh, Tristan, I got attention for fighting with my future best friend at recess. Cried so hard when I had to tell my parents, who then spent most of the even trying to reassure me everything. Lillian, what did you get a detention for?
Speaker 8: I went to a private Catholic school, girls school, and we were sitting in our parking class in one of the girls through.
Speaker 5: A half eaten all.
Speaker 8: Out the window and it actually hit the principal, who was a nun, and so we were all put on to attentions for two hours until someone owned up to doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm Spartacus, I'm Spartacus. Well, no one's going to own you can all have attention. Do you remember that it was a real pressure point that whether or not you were all going to be strong or not, and then if you didn't, and then you don't want to be that nerd that said who it was not at all.
Speaker 5: But anyhow she owned up after two hours, so we all got taken air of attention. She got spendered.
Speaker 2: I tell you what though, I went to a Catholic school as well. Udona mess with those nuns. They are not terrifying people. Terrifying people.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian Camel Show podcast Paratsy.
Speaker 2: How you just like someone that you see on the streets sometimes and they're asking for change?
Speaker 4: Fu excuse me my oilskin pets on.
Speaker 2: Just well with it. But they're just a bit menacing, you know, like a street thug. Fine, it's the hoodie. It's the hoodie on her. You're not a hoody lady. You know it's the hoodie, isn't it. Do you know the ones you see wandering around sometimes where they're well dressed, but they're like quite intimidated.
Speaker 3: I don't want to bump into pats In one of the corridors around the building.
Speaker 2: But that's my general ever. I just don't want to bump into pats because you're going to get bumped back and you won't like that anyway. Patsy, how are you from over it? Over what us? I am?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Now? I expect that's how it will end with Patsy? Is it? The only way it ends is she's gone on? Just over it?
Speaker 3: I'm done, goodbye?
Speaker 2: What do you over make?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I've come out into the kitchen. I did say to my darling husband last night before I went to bed, can you please, please please make sure you pack the dishwasher because I hate coming home after a shifting there's just junk everywhere in the kitchen. I like a clean slate.
Speaker 2: Sarah always says to me, it's my job to make sure that I'm not the enforcer, to make sure that the kids do their bits to empty or even just move it from the sink into the dishwasher, which is about eight inches right. My mother always says they the kitchen island is like her mental health. If it's all clear and clean, her mind is so the pressure I fell under sometimes I know my wife is a minute away, went she's going pushing under the beds and they got half of this stuff? Is your stuff? Does if she's angry at me, she'd be angry at you put it all the way So I get it, Pats, it's a big deal.
Speaker 4: I wish there was such a sense of urgency out west. So come out to grab my bag and go out the door to work, and there's the same scene that I had last night when I retired for the evening. And I'd say, there was a bit too much Netflix in on that.
Speaker 2: And have you texted him yet? Because I know my wife would do if she was up like this, I'd have had an angry, long paragraph by now, not a line, but a paragraph.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the essay is underway.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question o' kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, we were to this morning? Then who played at your school? You hear all these stories, don't you. I bet every other call is going to be ac DC.
Speaker 3: I bet, yeah, my dad says the ACDC.
Speaker 2: Malcolm came to our school. So we want to know then, who played at your school? Who played at your school? Chat? Which band?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had an a strain band called the Androids who you might not remember the name, but you want to do it with honor?
Speaker 2: Nope, no, maybe they didn't make it to.
Speaker 6: The didn't make it to Europe.
Speaker 2: So they turned up at the school and they thought, this is the song we should do. I'd rather do it with Madonna to a bunch of school kids. What age were you?
Speaker 3: We were fifteen?
Speaker 2: Oh God, peak hormone, peak hormo, the apex hormone age. That is grubby. I don't even want to google the rest of the lyrics, and they're pretty I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you wouldn't get away with a song in twenty twenty three. I actually think at the time we were like, oh, do with Madonna? You're like, do you know what that means? Like high eyebrows?
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 2: A little bit racy. Do you know what that means?
Speaker 3: High eyebrows?
Speaker 2: Were? Were you nunnery or something? Brown? Nudge nudge, don't mind yours much? Nudge nudge? Know what I mean? All right? When in the eighties, there was a big competition on a like a big Saturday morning kids TV show calls Saturday Superstar, and all the kids, millions of us watched it and they did a competition where you could win. At the time, there's a big eighties star called Howard Jones. He would come and do a gig at your school. My school. One he came and played live. It was so exciting. He was number one in the UK at the moment with this song and he came and played like a special assembly at lunchtime.
Speaker 3: Great prize actually for a still win because on Australian TV or you are was encyclopedias for your.
Speaker 2: School, Patsy, did you have anyone of any note come to your shed?
Speaker 4: Fines into the distance. Compared to those two ones, we must have had very little budget because we had Lazy Harry who was a local bush bush music singer and he had one of those what were those?
Speaker 2: Did he have any songs? Old Lazy? We just stood there with a collect pretty much. That's why he got the name Lazy Harry. What was it?
Speaker 4: A lagaphone? That was the stick with the bottom.
Speaker 3: With bottle tops thrilled into it.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it made us.
Speaker 6: That was what we had for graduation.
Speaker 2: That that was graduation any hunters and collectors? Is it some old local hobo? Yes? Which emptylophone?
Speaker 3: Whatever it was?
Speaker 2: Christian Janet here went to All Girls High school in the late nineties. We were a radio competition for human Nature to come and before lots of high pitched screaming to the performance. I don't sure anyone heard any of their any of their songs. Just's go to the lines now, Melissa, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Here you going, Christian, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good, minis so welcome to the show. So who played at your school?
Speaker 8: So we had minute works player there school Century Gully High.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. How come you had to a minute work? So?
Speaker 5: Holm Hayes brother Derek hay was our pe teacher and he awesome, you're a survivor and got.
Speaker 2: Them out so good. It would be the pe teacher, wouldn't it. I bet he was still doing his shorts doing security for his brother's band, A big whistle around his neck. That is incredible. Oh that's that's going to take some beating. Melissa, thank you very much for calling and share and that really made us laugh with us.
Speaker 9: Have a good day, Have a good day.
Speaker 2: Karen, good morning, Good morning guys. Good morning Karen. And who played at your school? Mate?
Speaker 8: I worked at a school in Frankston in the late nineties and the Living End came and played at our school.
Speaker 2: How come him? I should get the living it. That's great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was pretty awesome. And I worked with Chris Chaney's sister where I was a teacher, and we talked together, so she organized for them to come out and play at the school.
Speaker 2: It's so good calling in all these favors. Pe teacher brother. I love this, Karen. That's a great one. Thank you very much to call him.
Speaker 8: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: We go ahead. Christine. Good morning, Christine, good morning, Good morning everyone, Good morning everyone. And Christine, who played at your school?
Speaker 10: We had canny x men play at our school. I wasn't Our school was the boys' school we had. We went to a Catholic school. When the girls and boys schools combined to have a social night, we had uncanny x men.
Speaker 2: There and what was that like? Brian Mannix?
Speaker 10: The only thing I remember, because it was, you know, we were all good Catholic kids back then, was Brian Mannix blew up a big phallic inflatable and started brandishing it about on the stage. And we actually we actually had nuns running the school and.
Speaker 2: All the puncture. It was something you know, get then Roseary beat.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 10: They were actually running around grabbing all the girls, trying.
Speaker 2: To trying to grab the apprehend it that that's confiscated.
Speaker 3: At some point before they went on stage, Just like I know we do the giant penis every night, but should we do it in front of the kids Katholic boys and girls?
Speaker 5: Catholic kid?
Speaker 2: Yes? Ten hell marries around? What a scene?
Speaker 5: The only bit I remember of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course it would be. We're all gonna remember that. That is incredible story.
Speaker 1: Christine the Christian O'Connell show podcast just.
Speaker 2: Dropped what I would say is a stone cold killer fact to do with bread and one of the world's greatest human beings, the.
Speaker 3: Great David Attenborough is older than the invention of sliced bread.
Speaker 2: Then we see that is a great killer fact.
Speaker 3: How so May to nineteen twenty six David Attenborough was born. Then in June nineteen twenty eight, Otto Ralveda invented the automatic bread slicing machine.
Speaker 2: Wowe, all right, we're looking for your killer facts. Have you got a great fact? Not an okay one, a killer fact? If so, we're looking for them for the good ish ones. All right, Jack, you let me know whether it's a killer or this is from Benjamin Killer fat humans have stripes. There are seven different types, and we can only see them under black light. Cats can see them all the time.
Speaker 3: If true, kill a fact hard to believe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the distance between your elbow and your writs. Yeah, all right, let's go to Nick here. Now, Nick, what's you kill a fact for us?
Speaker 5: Kill a fact?
Speaker 8: These every mile goes taller than their mum.
Speaker 2: Are we breeding giants? If this trend continues, why aren't we mega humanoids?
Speaker 3: I think over time humans are getting taller and taller.
Speaker 2: So we start off as little, tiny people.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, we were smaller. That's why doors used to be smaller.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, that is not a kidder fat.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm not sure if that's.
Speaker 2: I've never been to like or seen a movie set years ago where there's tiny crawling through a tiny don't.
Speaker 3: Like if you, especially in England, if you go to an old castle.
Speaker 2: Roaming with tiny doors. They got the biggest doors. Castles have no but like carriages going through them.
Speaker 3: The entry ways are huge, But then your little doors in between each don't you have to duck under them?
Speaker 2: Nick? We love your kid of fact though you guys are the most bless you, Grace, How old are you? You've got to killer fact for us? Have you?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: What is it? Grace?
Speaker 3: Say it again?
Speaker 2: What does it do with a sloth?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Cloths don't like they make gas from their mouths.
Speaker 3: Wow, so they pretty much they fight out of their mouths.
Speaker 2: Yes, technically, yes, right, technically. And how do you know this?
Speaker 9: We did an information report and they said that we could do an animal, and I said that I wanted to do a swath.
Speaker 2: Why did you put the sloth? You just like them.
Speaker 9: I just love them. If you go into my room, all you'll see is swoth.
Speaker 2: All right, so you've got a sloth themed bedroom. Yes, Now, what's an information report? Is that like a sort of school report?
Speaker 9: Sometimes it is. It's where you share your learning and your knowledge to your parents and you just talk about how animals adapt from their habitat.
Speaker 2: Oh, that sounds really interesting. Can you remember anything else that was interesting about sloths that you can share with everyone listening right now?
Speaker 9: Grace, fos actually human speaks, but they're just really tired. But they can swim as fast as any animal in the water.
Speaker 3: This works too.
Speaker 2: That is a great one, Grace. I love both of them, really great. Just going to rees here has got to kill a fact as well, what have you got for us, mate? Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go. Japan is the only country in the world where two of its largest cities on population are an anagram of each other.
Speaker 2: They got Tokyo, yep and Kyoto.
Speaker 3: That's it, love it.
Speaker 2: That is a great one. All a good question. You're getting a pub quiz rece. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I've got to kill a fat for you and Jack. Australia is wider than the moon.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 2: Jack's right about tiny doorways. People used to be much shorter. That's from Alison. I'm not sure about.
Speaker 3: That, you give.
Speaker 2: Made up, made up Christian. I'm not sure about that fact about every human male grows to be taller than their mum. I'm fine for four. My mum is five foot seven. I know I've measured. It's as rubbish. That's the hard shell used on Eminem's is made of shellac, which is made from bug feces. Wow, I don't believe that to be true. All right, let's go to the lines. We've got mel on the line. Hello, Hello, what can you tell us about Nick's earlier killer fat? That human males grow up to be taller than their mum's.
Speaker 10: Well, I've heard that.
Speaker 8: By rights it is supposed to be true, but my son's shorter than me.
Speaker 5: I'm five ft.
Speaker 8: Nine and my son's five fort six and there's nothing wrong with him. But his father was really short.
Speaker 2: The radio wrong spoken on your mom. I mean, I still love it.
Speaker 10: It's father one. Sure, he's only.
Speaker 2: Five two and how old is your poor son?
Speaker 10: Thirty four?
Speaker 5: He he's not poor.
Speaker 8: He's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Absolutely warming up to it now, aren't you am?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's lovely. But yeah, no, I'm five nine and his father was five ft two and he's kind of worked out.
Speaker 8: In the middle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: So yeah, but it's got this fact.
Speaker 5: It's supposed to be like that, but not necessarily so you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Christian, I always say, mate, you're the same hope when you're lying down.
Speaker 2: David's a fact too far, David, Welcome to Killer Fact Central. What if he not for us? David?
Speaker 5: There you go, guys.
Speaker 2: Back in the nineteen thirties Australian went to war with the EMUs and lost.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is an amazing story of Australian history, not just that wasn't it too EMU Wars where they went and learned less than the Australian Army knew a bit more about tactics.
Speaker 2: It was a closer fight, but the EMUs one, not once but twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, David, three or four years ago we went down a deep hole of the war because I remember we found out that they were making a movie. At the time we were speaking about it, it was John Cleees, Jim Jeffries, We're gonna star in the Great EMU War movie and Moby was going to do the sound thing.
Speaker 2: But David, you're right. It's an incredible story, isn't it. The EMU Wars.
Speaker 8: It's just amazing story. Back in the nineteen thirty so less than one hundred years ago, we couldn't make thems.
Speaker 2: No, not once but twice. That's incredible thing. Twice, David. That is a great kid of fat though, renee kid of fact.
Speaker 7: What have you got for us that the benefits of coffee beans was discovered by an Israeli go herder when he knows that his goats were chewing on the beans and getting kind of rowdy.
Speaker 8: So yeah, enjoy your coffee.
Speaker 3: Sounds like the goats were horny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well they were just energize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you can buy something called horny goat weed.
Speaker 3: Yes, what happened twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: It was the thing before viagra. There was horny goat weed. What was it? Was it caffeinated goats. It is the same israedy goat And I didn't discover how you discovered horny goat weed? So is that true? The origin of coffee beans realizing that they can energize someone to think basically energized goats.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well that's what Google says, So I'm going with it.
Speaker 2: Rennie kill a fact, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm up to seventy two hour. I'm up to say two hours is my seventeen year old daughter is a supervised hours You'll have this in a couple years time, Patsy when already wants to drive, and it'll be down to you and Chris to share the honors. Who do you think you do better? Who do you think you do at worse? Being the supervised drive?
Speaker 4: Definitely maybe, because Chris and Audrey are so alike they lock horns all the time, so I think it would be me.
Speaker 2: How do you think you're going to be in there because it is in the early days, it is nerve wracking.
Speaker 4: Oh bit, I'll have like fingermarks on the dashboard.
Speaker 2: So I'm at the stage now where Lowis is actually a very good driver, right, She's got seventy two hours and you have to have a percentage of that. It's night hours, which is a great It's a very different skill. One sort of feeling driving at nighttime, but actually the moment she's good. So she's complacent, soone trying to get it just to sort of just please pay attention. Anyway, Yesterday I get a text from her, and because she's in the year twelve, her sort of diary is very different. Now there's a lot of these mysterious freeze and I don't really have the timetable anymore. I just got text at the gym. Yes they going I've got a freeze all afternoon. Can you drive to score and then our drive back. I can build my hours up. And I'm like, shouldn't we using that light for studying for ATA and indeed the future, And she's like, no, no, no, I'm going to study at home. So, being the strong dad I am, I got my car and I drove to pick her up and I said, look, do you know what, Actually this car needs filling up the fuel. This would be a great thing for you to drive to the server. And this is a proper skill. Okay, they don't teach us on the test and thing, but this is real life driving. It's a difficult thing to get in there to now that the cap and all that.
Speaker 3: So we hard to remember which number you are and then you get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even the first time is you know, when you have as a cares, you think you know everything, and then you start doing something which mum or dad have always done and you don't even think about it being a thing you do it the first time. So we drive to then there was a server which is seven eleven right. It took about five minutes of up forward back a bit, no left hand down. I'm not shouting at you now, that's your right hand, left hand down to try and as it is sticking out right now, we're going to get hit the ass of this. We've got to go go forward, to go back, forward, to go back. That's too far forward now they can't get around you. Oh this is so stressful. I don't want to do it. We're going to run out of fuel. This is now what has to happen. Okay, six months from now, this is going to be filling up this car without me, So we need to work this out. So anyway, we part the car right and by now people are looking. They could clearly see the l and then there's a dad still trying to be calm, but really in the middle of the day, I haven't eaten for a couple of hours. I am the blood sugar is low, that red rages. It's okay, it's all learning. And think why did I agree to says why am I such a pussy dad? Anywhere I go around and she goes, you can take the other nose out and do that. Went, this is not how you learn.
Speaker 3: This is you got to do it all.
Speaker 2: She goes to me, Oh my god, it's all horrible and smelly, and wait, yeah, yeah it is. Yeah, you have to take it out now. And then you open up the fuel cap and you always got to read on the inside. Always double check with this a leaded or petro You might be tied one day. It might be somebody else's car or high car. Always just double check, okay, because this happens every single day someone flup the wrong fuel. Anyway, we fill the car up. She's going, I'm really hungry. And I said, well, look just over there and where there's seven eleven is there's a whole parade of shops. There's like a little Dan Murphy's there, and there's a subway. I said, after we filled up, we'll go over there and you can get someone to eat. Anyway, we go and pay, okay, right, and I said, you take my card. You're not going to pay. That's the pump number. Help the guy out. Get it all ready, there's a cue behind you. She does all that and then she wanders off and I going back to the car. She just takes a sharp right to subway and I'm like, where the hell are you going? She goes, oh, we'll just leave it there.
Speaker 3: When you got.
Speaker 2: It only taste color minutes to fill up a role.
Speaker 9: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't just leave it there. What do you get a sway?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So my wife first had to go on the panoton. Right. I've had it for a couple of months and I was saying you should try it, but I think with cyclings of that some exercises like cults, aren't they people like I don't know. I see the clogs and not sure if I can. We can bothered with the fat. So anyway, using those sort of cleats, there's called those clipping clipout shoes. They're actually the first couple of times you use them, they're actually really hard to use.
Speaker 3: It's so awkward that when you see.
Speaker 2: People falling over on bikes when they're using them for the first time. I'm out the old middle aged men in there like and that. I remember once being a traffic lights there was some fat old knack at the back of his pack. They just taken off right. They were like about akhad, this poor guy who was up and the puffing the immediately looked like a shine new bike. And I remember looking at him. He sort of nodded at me and he just fell fell over on to the grass version. I got up the car and he was stuck on with his clea. I hate this hobby.
Speaker 3: I never took that bike out again.
Speaker 2: Mate. There was a peloton when they called the taken off without so anyway, my wife got stuck on the Peloton bike. She couldn't get off it. She called me and once I had to get off the peloton bike. We're looking for your stories about what have you got stuck on or in? Give us a call, Brier.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know, Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're talking today about stories about being stuck Garth.
Speaker 5: Hey, Christian, are you getting a young We're good, Garth.
Speaker 2: That's cool on the show. So your story about being stuck.
Speaker 5: Was actually my old man. He's had a bad back for a lot of a lot of his years now, and he decided to buy himself an inverting machine. I don't know where he've got it off eBay or something, I guess, And it's like it's like a board.
Speaker 2: You you lie back on it and then you pull a lever and it flips you upside down.
Speaker 5: No, he hasn't got to leave this thing. You just sort of back yourself up to strap your angles in and if you set it up right and get your weights sort of all balanced right, you just lift your arms up in the air and it flips you upside down and.
Speaker 2: Then sounds absolutely terrifying. I think sexy Lands one of those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe that's where he got it from. I'm not sure, but he was single at the time, so I don't know what he was doing with it. But yeah, so he's got it out in his garage. You lived by himself at the time, like I said, and sort of gimped his pockets. So he did nothing. He fell out of his pockets, strapped his ankles in and lifted his arms up.
Speaker 2: Okay, possibly go wrong with this. We're all here in this. We know.
Speaker 5: I think you've always could guess what happened next. He sort of flipped upside down pretty aggressively and sort of stuck in his garage, hanging from his angles. He's phone phone was in sight but out of reach. You're sort of sitting there thinking his two sons sort of don't visit him that often, so he could.
Speaker 2: Be there, Wait till next Tuesday, Sunday.
Speaker 3: Surely by Father's Day that will visit himself Christmas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Eventually he sort of have to hang in there for a good half an hour or so.
Speaker 2: He sort of rush into his head as well, starting.
Speaker 5: To feeling a bit of faint. Sort of survival mode kicked in and he started flailing his arms around and sort of doing upside down sit up, trying to flip himself back up the right way.
Speaker 2: And extreme crumb.
Speaker 5: I wish he had cameras in his house back then. It would have been a good video to share on YouTube. Actually, but yeah, eventually sort of managed to you get himself right up the right way and grab under the A frame and slip himself up, and then gave me a call and told me that he could have died and no one would have found him.
Speaker 2: Should have been signed up by lad I think he's part of the application process. They strap you into one of those.
Speaker 5: I try. I try and get him to try and get him to call me more regularly in the ouse. I know he's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did it help his back?
Speaker 5: He reconsents one of the best things ever for he.
Speaker 3: I can't recommend it highly enough.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure he's got a partner living with him the ause. I hope hopefully she sort of keeps an eye on him when he's there.
Speaker 2: When he's there, the only reason he's got that lady.
Speaker 3: There a spot up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, my seventeen year old daughter. And if you guys get any of this, Marley Spoon.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're all right. What's the other one we've had before fresh helloh yeah, sort of thing. They send you each ingredient right down to like a little packet of pepper exactly right.
Speaker 2: So it's this easy during the week, so you pick what meals you want. A box turns up once a week and it's like an air drop. The guy, actually the odds post guy. Often I'm not that much. It just chucks it over the fence. It's sort of las right, and it's got like ic in there and stuff like that. And then there's literally each meal is in contained in a bag. The meat is all freshly parrots and sealed, and they's got these ingreens and step by step recipes stuff like that. My daughter said yesterday because I had a very long day, she said, I'll make dinner tonight. I said, my god, thank you so much. Anyway, I notice, as we're going to serve up this some sort of katsu chicken curry that she's made from scratch. It's slight an hour. She's going the chicken, the chicken, and she's cut it in half. And she's seventeen now, and I don't want to be in micromanaging, but I'm looking at a shoulder and she's the chicken chicken ain't looking right, you know, and I'm thinking you could be real careful with chicken. Chicken, chicken. When Enjine and I goes that chicken all right, and she sort of snapped, he do you know what I'm doing? And I was like, okay, okay. She says, some of this chicken, though, Daddi's that it looks pink in the middle. I went, pink, pink in the middle. But I said, I have you been cooking it for She said, I've done it for twenty minutes. I said it shouldn't be pink in the middle of his twenty minutes. Have you got the temperature on the oven? Right? She was like, I know what the oven is. So anyway, this is going on, and it actually starts it's looking watery chicken.
Speaker 3: Are you eating at the okay?
Speaker 2: No, she starts at the pink bits. I just go leave them on my plate. She's going to now I've done that anyway.
Speaker 3: Because you want to be a supportive dead but yeah, at the same time, you don't want salmonella.
Speaker 2: No, they need me alive from a couple of years. She wants to go to university next year. You leave me for at least another three or four years. So I say, if you got the meat to mamaitaze. She said I got the meat to Why let me sound quick. Look at that. It was on fahrenheit ah ah. So it was saying, because chicken needs to be seventy five actual temperature, I want to put back forty seven. I was about to eat forty seven degree chicken. That's a long while off seventy five. I would have been in a.
Speaker 1: World Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, So wedding movies. Life of Pie was a good movie. Can you see where I'm going with this one? What about Wife of Pie just got married to that tiger?
Speaker 3: I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 2: Wow, you've got Veil Gold, wife of Brian. That is the last wife panic groom Gold vows to train your dragon. Gold and Tango and cash bar is a cash bar, Tango and cash bar. It's a.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 2: Wife of Pie married that tiger. All right, Jackie boy, what have you got wedding movies?
Speaker 3: Not the goonies, the groomies.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's that's good. Sounds wrong as well, but gold.
Speaker 3: Anyway, did you like the movie Bad News Bears? Yeah, Billy Mob yeah, Yeah, I prefer bad news. Ring bearers.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a bad weddings sort of speech. Yeah, is this thing on?
Speaker 3: When Harry let me? This one's good, This one's good. When Mary met Sally Brint.
Speaker 2: No, my god too, stinkers, they're.
Speaker 3: Not I robot, I do robot alright, wedding sounds funny.
Speaker 2: Weddings faults? Yeah, all right. So what have you got for the best in show for your wedding movies? Stan Free free year, Jack, you're ready to mark? I am. Let's see how they got Edwards, Celebrants, hands civil plus Austin Flowers very good, but I'm ray. There's something about Marry Gold very Smartn's On, Brad Star Warts the Divorce Awakens, Bronze Honeymoon at Bernie's Silver throw bouquet from the train, Silver Pass, We brought a groom, Silver Open, Brider Gold still going strong. That Badio show goes part in the time where when we do a movie on that open, isn't something wet Onchin's Ya tying the notting Hill God very clever, Sam Day hot On Hiss and I do Gold plus Yeah, take a bow, Kevin Bell, well done, wife is beautiful. Gold's that's lovely. That is pa, that's nice. Coach Garter plus did that Rene? Well done? Juice Moklo, the Male Jiggilow Bronze, Yeah, an all manner, the movie Dude, Where's My Garter?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 2: Harry Potter and the Order of Ceremonies silk A plus the Shawshank Reception Gold. What I'm Pam, Honey, I shrunk the guest list.
Speaker 3: That is the hardest thing about.
Speaker 4: I'm a seating plan. Who to put aunt flow with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, old, don't flow, don't even get me, don't even don't even go. You have Uncle Professor, the whole family there, I'm getting married bronze, old cheeky one at the end. All right, then, best showed some very good ones there.
Speaker 3: Congrats to Renee for Coach Garter.
Speaker 2: Well done well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast