Speaker 1: Oh, ladies and gentlemen, the champ is in the building. Here.
Speaker 2: He is the Croatian Sensation, the Croatian Champ, the Entrepreneur of the Year.
Speaker 3: Give him a random applause.
Speaker 1: Body, well done, well done.
Speaker 4: When the news broke all over the internet and you went viral, I mean, Donna texted me, did you.
Speaker 1: Hear the news? Palvly, my little pavly.
Speaker 5: I've got an award for him.
Speaker 6: What do you think it is? What do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Darling?
Speaker 5: What you wait? Old?
Speaker 3: Bad?
Speaker 5: If I showed Jay words to the ultimate award, you can worry about. If I showed you this, feed me.
Speaker 1: That is nice.
Speaker 7: Just thing I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: So proud of you, little congratulations. Thank you, mate, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you, well deserved.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know, not that you give a shit about that, but yeah, well done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well what a fantastic shout of glass.
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't know what that means. Well the award, Oh yes, yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: It looks very cool.
Speaker 7: Even though they spelt entrepreneur wrong.
Speaker 1: Did they really.
Speaker 6: So good?
Speaker 1: That's so good?
Speaker 7: The irony is beautiful.
Speaker 4: Did you are after you accepted the award? Did you just walk back through the crowd carrying the award in one hand and then just pointing to your erection in the other.
Speaker 1: No, I did that. You got over your own self sense of satisfaction. I did thank you.
Speaker 4: In this speech though, Yeah, yeah, you did thank me in the show speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, yeah, sure that's good.
Speaker 4: Well it is like that is a lovely award. It does pretty Thank you for coming in with that and wearing it around your neck.
Speaker 1: Yes, like roast to tea, But I do Actually.
Speaker 4: I've got something way better than that for you.
Speaker 6: We go.
Speaker 1: Way better way.
Speaker 3: Oh what, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's mercher clock manock ladies, Gina's ready.
Speaker 7: I love it. That is great.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, it doesn't stop.
Speaker 7: Oh mug now, holy shit, that is great.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. This mug is now nicknamed the Furry Cup.
Speaker 1: Like it the driver? Look at this the driver's show mug and T shirts.
Speaker 7: I love that. That is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now they didn't have a triple extra large for you. Still working with a tent company. I'm trying to get you the Paul Moomoo macpack. Yes, look at that. Yeah, we can get something organized here. There we go, excel, I think, so even if it's tired, even better. I'll take the small.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Marty, they don't make child size for you. Sorry, buddy.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 1: That is great.
Speaker 7: Look at you organizing something.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna have merch now, by the way I want to do obviously we have to do a massive, massive shout out to Gus from Machines. Plus, Gus owns this company, and I actually spoke to him. I called him to say thank you for the merch, Gussie, so I did give him a buzz and you know, he gave me some info from the company and like the people who are making our merch are the best in the country.
Speaker 1: This guy isn't actually a merch major country. The one we.
Speaker 4: Visited a cue a couple of episodes ago. It's just an old man with some sort of strung together printing press. But it's yeah, he basically tests giant printers for the biggest companies in Australia like EPSOM and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: But it is fantastic.
Speaker 1: He's kind of a reviewer as well in a way at a legend.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Gus. That is that is great. So we can. We find his website for people who are interested.
Speaker 4: In I'm gonna say Machines Plus. Look, he's given as a sweet little catalog, so there will be some merch coming and in the meantime we're going to post them out to some peeps.
Speaker 7: Excellent.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, machines plus dot com, tod Au, good on you, gus, little bloody.
Speaker 1: Legends, go Gussie. And doesn't the merch look good?
Speaker 7: It looks really high quality. You know when you get like stuff off red Bubble and you know.
Speaker 1: Read a bubble, what's the Ponti out red Bubble.
Speaker 7: It's like a sight we can buy merchandise and you get it and it's like, oh okay, I'll just wear my other shirt from it came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, right, oh god, that is awesome.
Speaker 7: That's way to wear that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you can't.
Speaker 7: You can.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure your wife Moodies is looking forward to your new bedroom attire. It's just you wearing nothing but a T shirt.
Speaker 7: Just a whole cut out of the bottom.
Speaker 4: For the front for that yeah right, ah wow, jeez, Moodies is in for a treat with that.
Speaker 7: Time to be alive. Love it good on you guys, So thank.
Speaker 1: You for that. Gussie. You know, Trevor was supposed to be joining us on this show. He's in Thailand.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's all making sense now.
Speaker 7: I always thought he was into a bit of that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've got to be very careful. We don't want another lawsuit. And by the way, me and Trevor have just become besties, so I imagine that he.
Speaker 1: Is doing over there. I mean, Trev's probably what's the tang on? Hang on, hang on? Let's see what time it is. What does I say the current time in Thailand? Hey, siri, what is the current time in Thailand?
Speaker 3: In Bangkok, Thailand? It's four five pm.
Speaker 1: He'd probably just getting up by now, just.
Speaker 4: Waking up, going why do I have a strange vessel and substance around my ass.
Speaker 7: And putting on these dice and glasses.
Speaker 4: Just walking around with it, just walking down the beach with like a bright colored speedo at his dice in Sonny's.
Speaker 1: Hey, ladies, boys, let's give him a call. Should we give him a call?
Speaker 6: I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Let's give him a call. See what he's up to.
Speaker 3: Trevor is answering an endless number of emails you call you're looking for voice message. Sadly they didn't have message. After the time. When you have finished.
Speaker 8: Recording, you may hang up one more options.
Speaker 9: Hello, Twevor, is me Candy Cane from the store last night?
Speaker 1: I see you, cookie boy. Listen, I'm wait wait wait, I'm calling from work. Hang on.
Speaker 9: Okay, mister, okay, you like Okay, Trevor, you need to come back to this store.
Speaker 1: You left your some sort of a Dison head mask here. It was your little king. I don't get you, but you're so cute. I like you. Okay, I love you long time. Anything you want to h Sorry, Trevin Advanced, shut up? I love you? Bye bye.
Speaker 7: Have you any famous people in your phone? H?
Speaker 1: Like other people I can call?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but aren't they?
Speaker 1: Okay? You wish Engineer of the Year. Let's see, I've got probably won't call him. You know who I've got, Actually, you know who I've got.
Speaker 7: I've got.
Speaker 1: Jonesy.
Speaker 4: You know Jonesy from Jonesy and Amanda. Yeah, I could give Jonesy a call. Yeah, go Jonesy from Jonesy and a man facetiming. Yeah, all right, So we've got to log into this hang on one sad.
Speaker 3: Hey, how does my microphone.
Speaker 4: Sound sounding gorgeous? It's like you've been doing this for twenty five something years?
Speaker 8: Thirty years, thirty three years? And that's Paul there mate.
Speaker 1: How are you thirty three years? Isn't that your age? Gordy? That's right, I'm thirty three. How did you think I was?
Speaker 3: I think you were thirty three?
Speaker 1: What do you think.
Speaker 3: Thirty five?
Speaker 4: I'm still a young boy with a handful of ideas and a pocket full of dreams.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Hey, Gordy, I just, you know, thirty threts funny because I'm fifty five now. I just I don't feel fifty five. I don't feel you know, I just you think. And my eldest son is coming up thirty one, so I'm like, whoa, that's nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're an active guy. You go surfing, motorbike riding.
Speaker 3: You're well, it keeps me honest, keeps me off the streets.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Bikes are good. That's the thing. I think. That's that that that keeps me sane.
Speaker 4: We were talking and the reason why I wanted to get you on because we were talking in the car park every time, No shit, every time Jonesy rolls up to work, right, he's on a different bike. And I'm not just talking like a rotation of one to two. I'm talking like every day of the month, like he's just rolling up in like some sort of Harley fat Boy. The next it's someone and I don't know bikes, right, but like sometimes it's like a I don't know, like a cafe racer looking thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he's he's got quite the collection. Did you when were you allway into bikes or are you cars first?
Speaker 1: Or where did it start?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I was always in the bikes.
Speaker 8: I got run over by one when I was five in a back laying in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: So did Paul. Actually, and that just that's why he's a bit slightly.
Speaker 3: Really, that makes sense. We're in common Paul.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly. Yeah, No, it could be worse. You could look like Gordy.
Speaker 3: Well it looks great at thirty three, look at it.
Speaker 1: Look I look good.
Speaker 4: I might start a TikTok account and rolling a tape course. It's just the world is in front of me at my age.
Speaker 3: Well, you could still be on a kenty to it mate, you've got to thirty six.
Speaker 1: Is that right.
Speaker 3: It's the cut off.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on.
Speaker 8: You know it's sad if you're eighteen into thirty five and if you're at the top end and you're on a ntique tour and you're the thirty five year old guy.
Speaker 3: No, let's go down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not my books. Well take whatever I can get.
Speaker 7: I want to get the rest of this motorbike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, yes, yes.
Speaker 8: I run over by a lady on a BMW in a back alley and Idlebert was kicking the footy around out on the street and I just ran out into the middle of the road and this woman was riding a BMW up the road. My father watched it, you know, like he saw it happen, and my brother reckons that he put his cigarette down on the on the fence and walked out. The lady broke her legs, so she was in agony and I was on the on the ground, and I do have this flashback of the rear wheel of the bike just spinning around and Dad hitting the kill switch on the bike and just putting my hand in my hair and feeling it felt like I.
Speaker 3: Had chocolate topping all my hair, but it was all blood.
Speaker 6: Oh, she's head open.
Speaker 8: And then I just remember sort of like ambulance hospital and you know, getting stitches and all that stuff.
Speaker 7: So wow, it is incredible. So who was I'm just curious about who was at fault? How did it all?
Speaker 8: Well, definitely me. She wasn't going fast. She was probably going a bit fast for the lay. It was a little back sort of almost like a duney lane in Heidelberg. And so she's probably doing Dad Rickinson like you know, I say, I tell him about it was about eighty k's but I was doing about twenty and you just ran straight. But I literally ran straight, he said, in hindsight, I just ran straight in front of it. Was like everyone else saw her coming up the road, but me, So.
Speaker 1: Wow, how old were you?
Speaker 3: Just say you were five, probably between four and five. And I remember, like dad not being overly emotional about it.
Speaker 8: Now there'd be a Facebook group and there'd be a tattoo and they'd be a whole bunch of sort of like ah that it'll be all right, run over, I'm dead.
Speaker 1: Wowee.
Speaker 4: And so so weirdly that started off I guess as a love affair of biokes.
Speaker 8: I think, yeah, maybe it's like oblex and asterix and obles being dropped into the potion.
Speaker 3: Maybe. But I was very accident prone as a kid.
Speaker 8: I had a lot of That wasn't the first time, sadly, I got hit by something. I would go on to get hit by three more cops before I was fourteen. So and the last one was a hit and run and I was on the pushbike and I just remember the guy hitting me and I was in the middle of the road and he just and he was in this old HT holding and he said, you were right, mate, Yeah I think so, and.
Speaker 3: He just bug it off. And my brother goes Jesus and we got it and he said, don't I'm going don't tell mom, don't tell mom. And then I got concussions.
Speaker 8: I was trying up everywhere and my face swall sawed up like a balloon.
Speaker 3: So their mom came up and she went, what the hell has happened to you? And I said what? My face was just like a melon.
Speaker 8: And so up to the hospital they had to stitch me here back on I still at the scar there. And it was because one of those things adrenaline when you have an accident.
Speaker 3: I've had a light is how much you can before the pain kicks in.
Speaker 7: I find it incredible because if you fast forward to today and all that stuff happened, you would have appeals for Cam, the guy would go on trial. It would just be it'd be a completely different story.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, imagine, and there'd be Facebook groups. I had gunshots too.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 7: So tell me today my wife won't let me ride a motorcycle. Is it today riding a motorcycle?
Speaker 1: How is it.
Speaker 7: Different to ten, fifteen, twenty years ago? Because you look at so many distracted drivers out on the road. Is today just not worth taking up motorcycle riding?
Speaker 3: Look, you know what, it's weird. I think it's got better.
Speaker 8: I think in the eighties that were the bad old days where people didn't there's a real hostility towards motorcycles in Australia.
Speaker 3: There's a real they've been demonized out of the years.
Speaker 8: And I actually did a show called Temporary Australians we called it that was about motorbikes. But there is a real demonization of motorcycles and I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why that is. You got to other countries in the world, people love them.
Speaker 8: Americans love motorcycles and British love motorsucks, but here there's.
Speaker 3: This real hostility.
Speaker 8: And I remember once I did a I was doing this thing for the Highway Patrol, a bit of a talk for the Highway patrol coppers, and it was just when lane filtering had been made legal and I was a little bit, not that I was a big part of it, but I was one of the advisors on it with the Motorcycle Council, and this high Light drug copper.
Speaker 3: Every time he had another.
Speaker 8: Beer, he go, it's just stupid on Kildren should be banned. And I said, no, mate, the bike filters through. It actually is safer. Motorbikes aren't like cars. And then he went on and I said, mate, you know what, you just don't like motorbikes and he.
Speaker 3: Goes, I hate them. I said, you have a mate that died. He no, I just hate them. I hate them.
Speaker 8: They look dangerous and that's the thing they do. And you look at it if you embedded a motorbike.
Speaker 3: Now, so he.
Speaker 8: Said, oh, got this thing. It can do three hundred k's per hour. Can't stand up by itself. You've got to put a stand and the only thing you have to wear is an approved helmet.
Speaker 3: Do you think you could approve that? Yeah, no worries, there's your approval.
Speaker 8: There's no way I would approve a motorcycle if it was up to the powers that be.
Speaker 7: Now, it is so funny you mentioned that because even in some parts of the States, well, we were went I think Iowa for my sister in law's wedding and they would be riding around without helmets because I don't have to ride around with a helmet.
Speaker 1: Because I don't want it, because mirror got a.
Speaker 7: Gun and stuff. But it's like, it is funny. And we actually interviewed the head of safety a Volvo just recently and he said the same thing, but about cars. He said, if you were to approach the European Union and say, okay, we want to invent this thing that can transport your family that is going to kill thirty thousand Europeans each year, no one would ever accept it. And it's the same thing with motorbikes. You think about it today, if you just invented this, you'd all go, this is the dumbest idea in the world.
Speaker 1: But it's bloody fun.
Speaker 7: It's fun, and this is how we get out of the thrills.
Speaker 1: This is a weird one.
Speaker 4: Do you find it more risky to say, riding a bike on Sydney Roads or melbournee or is there's no comparison.
Speaker 3: I think Melbourne. Melbournians are very attuned to motorbikes.
Speaker 8: The police down there are pretty they're pretty what's the word, over zealous with motorbikes that like, I remember I rode Mahaley on the flames on the tank and the ap hangings.
Speaker 3: I rode that from Sydney to Melbourne.
Speaker 8: I was going down there just to hang out and I got pulled over about five times once across the Victorian border and just and bullshit stuff. Those indicators tell me about those mane, I said, And like, and you've seen the bike, you know, it's it's.
Speaker 4: Like it's like it's an easy rider looking bike. Like it's literally Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 3: It's probably a bit more comfortable than his. But and that's not saying because it's not really comfortable.
Speaker 8: But so I find that New South Wales coppers are good with motorbikes. Like, but in Melbourne you can park your motorbike anywhere. In Sydney you can't pick your motorbike. So it's it's and Brisbane. Brisbane's a whole different kettle of fish. It's almost like in Brisbane they've just discovered a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: What's this thing? What's this part?
Speaker 8: You know, when I've lived up there, I found I just get cut off every day. Like in Sydney. Now there's probably more. You don't have as many close call like there is a close call. You know, you'd have one I reckon every three days. There'd be one where you think, oh, but you usually see it coming.
Speaker 1: You know, I believe it or not.
Speaker 4: Once upon a time, I used to ride a lot of I used to do a lot of mountain bike riding, right, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And you know I.
Speaker 4: Found that there was a time where I was gonna pick it back up here in Sydney.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I've got some kgs to lose.
Speaker 4: But honestly, I just did not feel like Sydney roads just don't feel like the sort of road you can ride, say a pushpike on like it's it's Jesus. There's there's doesn't seem to be lanes and stuff for it.
Speaker 7: But there's not many places in Australia with that works. And look I don't cycle either because that involves exercising, which I'm allergic to.
Speaker 4: But I love that wa're talking about cycling as we've got three pieces here.
Speaker 7: But yeah, Australia just isn't especially when you compare it to Europe. Australia just doesn't set up for cyclists and I think that is where you get the biggest issue here. You get cyclists who are doing what they're legally allowed to do, drivers who are doing what they're legally allowed to do. They clash. You then throw motorcycles into the mix and it is just an environment that doesn't work in Australia and it urgently needs some attention. Well I'm wondering as well, the weather's where you don't want to be riding your motorbike. What does you go to a choice when it comes to cars and that type of transportation.
Speaker 3: Well, I always I ride in the rain. I actually ride, he does. I don't drive the car.
Speaker 8: I've got a Toda Land Cruise or a ninety four series eighty series which I bought from.
Speaker 3: Triple M when I was working this. It's the old Triple M Black Thunder, Yes, and I that I really do. But you know, you.
Speaker 8: Can't tell a boat behind a motorcycle, so it's it's very handy, but I'll probably drive that once.
Speaker 3: I reckon once a week. Sometimes on the weekend.
Speaker 8: I don't ride because I figure like the odds are stacked against me greatly. I ride every day in rain and all weather, and so I think on the weekend sometimes I think I'm just going to drive the car, you know, down to the shops or something. But yeah, I just I can't drive a car and Sitney and I can't explain it.
Speaker 3: If I don't ride a motorbike, I actually go a bit. I go a bit crazy.
Speaker 8: And Keanu Reeves is the thing about He's it's the latest thing him talking about motorbikes.
Speaker 3: And I just totally get it.
Speaker 8: I totally get what he's saying, you know, it was what he's It's just it's right.
Speaker 3: I find it. I don't ride, I don't have a good day.
Speaker 4: Is it some sort of an outlet that you know when you're on a bike, you really it brings something out of you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's for me. It's like you never feel so alive when you're so close to death. And the thing is it just it's every meter matters. And I say this to people that take up motorcycling. Every meter matters, every meeting you travel, you have to be with it. There's not a moment where you can suddenly just switch off. It's not when you come into a roundabout. You just got to think, what's this guy going to do? This cab driver's I can see him in his mirror. He's digging around, he's going to.
Speaker 3: Do a YouTube. I can feel it, you know.
Speaker 8: It's it's that And I find that it's almost like playing chess. And I do actually like riding in Sydney traffic because you can lane filter, so you get through the traffic.
Speaker 3: Ten times quicker than a car and it's kind of fun in a way. It's like playing chess. You know, chess can kill you.
Speaker 4: You were born, you were born in an era which I wish I was born in, or you used to of grew up in the seventies, which I think is the best, one of the best eras in Australia's history.
Speaker 1: So much went down. What about cars?
Speaker 4: Is there is there an era of cars that you kind of go, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 8: Look when I saw Mad Max and I saw Max's black Falcon the x x B two door.
Speaker 3: I just was like that and that that is my car. Like if I.
Speaker 8: Could, if I was to give up bikes, i'd get one of those.
Speaker 3: But that that was amazing the price of them.
Speaker 8: Now know how much they've gone up, And I almost got I almost bought one. When I started doing working at w S, I thought I should get a rain car in case it rains his car deal and some and he had this old two door hard top sitting out the front for five grand.
Speaker 3: But it was like it was a ship box. It was all rasped and.
Speaker 8: He has made this, and I was thinking, I don't think it's the ideal rain car my body.
Speaker 1: You'd be Fred flintstoning it down the highway.
Speaker 8: And it had a it had the three. Now, what's what's the small like three?
Speaker 3: One two? It's a three or two the smaller three? Yep.
Speaker 8: So I had that and I started it up and it was like it was it was the windsor made and it was there was something wrong with it. It was sounded noticed that it five grand and I said, mate, would you take three?
Speaker 3: And he said no, no, mate, these these things will be worth a fortune. And he's right probably worth about now.
Speaker 7: So that's the same thing happened in the motorbike world. Have prices for bikes gone up over covid?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, I've got an old GSXR seven fifty Suzuki, which I bought from a mate, probably back in two thousand and nine. And when I was a kid, my first big road bike was a JES seven fifty and it's a it looked like a like it's an old It looked like a Z nine hundred Karwasaki, that old school unfaired.
Speaker 3: Bike with the big chrome pipes and all that sort of stuff. Touch English.
Speaker 8: Then the GSSR seven fifty came along and they called it the slab Side and these things are pretty much a race bike with blinkers, and I remember looking at it going that's that thing's off the hook.
Speaker 3: It's from the future. So a few years ago Made of Mind had a bike shop.
Speaker 8: He edited in the window and he wanted five grand for it, and I was going to game, but you're going to sell that gsx out and he said, mate, yeah, five grand. Then one day after he had it there for about two or three years, and I said, well as that ges X arega, I go big mouth, what will you give me for I said, I'll give your two grand cash right now, and he said done, just take it.
Speaker 3: That was like in two thousand and nine and I had another mate who deals.
Speaker 8: He paints motor's bikes and restores them. He only just passed away to rest them, which is that. So he decided he said, I'll paint it for you.
Speaker 3: I'll just paint it. And he never charged me for it. She said, I'm just going to paint it for you.
Speaker 8: And so it's in my garage and I did write it to work a couple of times, the historical plates. But I'm just ried if anything happens to it in the morning, breaks down, I can't just leave it on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: So it's that thing now.
Speaker 8: But they recon it's worth about ten grand, so like really it's you know, but you wouldn't sell I wouldn't sell it for ten though, he says, sort of bike.
Speaker 3: I like looking at it.
Speaker 8: I got on them a shed, I started up, I go for a run and it really is quite an amazing bike to ride, Like I've got a high buster as well, and that thing you get on that after riding that, you go, well.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a different kind of fish. But the jesss are you sit in the bike like the tanks here.
Speaker 8: The fairings there, You're just sitting in the bike and you ride it and you can feel This thing is from nineteen eighty five, but it still goes fantastic so quick.
Speaker 7: That is awesome.
Speaker 1: Would you what movie car would you have? Because he was talking about his Man Max.
Speaker 7: Car Deloorian out of Back to the Future.
Speaker 1: Any really does a Batman car count?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, probably not.
Speaker 3: You guys are gone the worst cars in the world. Too big a ship boxes in the that's the Laurean.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is. It is a turd box. In fact, that that docco on John Delorian and now that all went down and how he tried to sell drugs to to the to the FBI to fund the company and ended up going to jail and it all went busted. Just the story behind it is just amazing.
Speaker 1: Didn't they make a feature film around that as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: My choice in cars would be like movie cars would be odd, like just really it could just be like it could be an HQ bloody Jack Thompson drove in some footy coaching movie like.
Speaker 1: The club or something like. That's my movie car.
Speaker 4: You know, Mick molloy in Crackerjack had a two sixties Z Datson, and I ended up buying one because of because I love that car.
Speaker 1: I love that movie. I love that car, And sure enough I used to.
Speaker 4: I used to drink down at that Bowls Club where that movie was filmed, and literally it was a pack.
Speaker 1: Of Winnie Blues on the on the.
Speaker 4: Friggin dashboard, and I just thought I was the tits rolling up to a bowls club with a two sixties Z and a pack of Winnie Blues. But those old boys would drink at like eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: That would be wild.
Speaker 8: Those Dadson's were great, real wheel drive, you know, the like maybe a Datson sixteen hundred and I thing was just off the hook, you know.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 8: I had It's when sus and all that sort of stuff, but it were just it was just nuts.
Speaker 4: It's great cars to modify, too easy to mind. What about bikes? Are they relatively easy to work on? A lot of people work on them themselves, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do a lot of work online.
Speaker 8: My Harley's I don't touch because I got a kind of a deal with phrases. I do stuff for them and they just work on my bikes, and Harley's are quite easy to work on. The jack bikes are harder to work on the high bust, so I did the valve clearances on that.
Speaker 3: And the hardest part about.
Speaker 8: It is just get into you just taking the top rocker box off the rocker cover, you'd get that off after you're taking the tank and all the other junk aut So it's like this. You just throw on parts everywhere and then when you get to the rocker cover you get it out all right, but getting it back in it's like this Rubi's q.
Speaker 3: You got to you can't put it in this way, it's got to go. It's nuts.
Speaker 8: And you look at like the GSXR for example, that when they built the bike, they put the frame and then they put the air field in, and then they put the motor and the Carby's after that. So to get the air box out you pretty much have to pull the whole engine and the Carby's out.
Speaker 3: So to do the carbis so.
Speaker 8: The worst job in the world because you've got to to get brown the rubber. You've got to have these little Japanese hands and even then.
Speaker 1: So I just left that.
Speaker 3: I just let it run. Rich. I just like, oh, well, you know that's that's what helped me.
Speaker 4: Next time you're next time, Like, oh, I was going to say, next time you're in, I'll see it tomorrow. But I was going to say, I really want to see this this land cruiser. I have a thing for, especially old radio promo cars. It's the radio nerdy me And the fact that you have one of those is what's the weirdest sort of promo car that you reckon? You've you've seen or you've had in the in the game.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I reckon Triple Am we did with Club Vegs. They did that. They did up a h Z panel.
Speaker 8: Van your way to a listener and it was so good and I loved it, and they ended up it was a big bet, a piece of shit.
Speaker 3: The guy that won it just complained about it all the time. Theations person said, well, look at his and old car. You're just going to have to accept it.
Speaker 8: But I think in Triple M and Brisbane they had the big oh that big truck, the big Chevy truck, the Triple M rock patrol truck.
Speaker 3: There was this giant you know, the one of the silver The.
Speaker 8: GMC is the big GMC, big GMC with the big flared guards at the backside, says wide as a semi trailer.
Speaker 3: The thing would overheat at the drop of a hat. But I remember going to the gold case Ron Prix and we're just driving around the track, you.
Speaker 8: Know, going past, waving out the window, and we're going on.
Speaker 3: This person just goes gasts. I've just gone straight to the floor and it's got.
Speaker 8: All this smoke and ship out and it was like I thought it was going to die, and I thought we could do a big burnout.
Speaker 3: But the whole thing, I thought we were going to blow up. And that thing was just that was terrible.
Speaker 4: The promo cars, yeah, like we had in these radio stations, fucking amazing. I used to work for this radio station called k Rock in Geelong, right, and they had a they had just like a normal sort of four wheel drive, like the k Rock Thunder or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: But then they had a caravan. Right. It would toe this fucking caravan and it was like the k.
Speaker 4: Rock stereo, right, and it was literally a caravan that had been tacked all had been tacked on to make it look like a giant stereo and like the top, like the middle which was the tape deck, would come down and like it would work as a portable studio and.
Speaker 1: The lights would go up and down as hilarious.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing was with the triple M lancas I've got now.
Speaker 8: I was at a gray Gun's cafe on the party Road there and I've looked at this caravan thing and I've got oh my god, that's the triple M Giant stereo. And I asked him, the lady that runs a place, so, I said, is that the triple M Giant stereio? I was just yeah, I think it is, and I just looked at it. So I got a picture of it. So and I got a I'll say it too. I've got a picture of the land Cruiser with the giant stereo helped up in its full livery. I've got that on I won't do it now, but but it's on the phone. And so I've got that, and I've got my original land Cruiser now. And the thing is still that thing's got, you know, because it never went off road. It never went off on the sand or anything like that, just drove around the streets of Sydney.
Speaker 3: But it's for me.
Speaker 8: It's it's still at the old phone inside of the old Nokia, like the mounted on the dash. It's it's still at the original Triple M. Joe papers from Bondai Junction. I've got that inside it.
Speaker 1: I must talk to America.
Speaker 8: Well, you could see the signage on the front because it's it's where the paints faded.
Speaker 3: You could see whether the old Doctor Dan is. It's quite it's quite cool.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: I must talk to Merrick Watts, right, because he had did you ever hear he did this thing where I don't know it was for one of his promos. He must have had a show on Triple M, and he did a thing called the Carbecue, right, and it was like, I don't know what it was, if it was an old falcon you'd or something like that. And then half of it it could have been Yeah, I'm not sure, but like half of it was barbecue, and he loved it that much he ended up buying it, like he ended up buying it himself.
Speaker 1: So it's half car half barbecue.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I remember seeing that because him and rosso had the two door falcon from two hands, they both owned that.
Speaker 3: But they lost that, as they say in the divorce when they went but yeah, that that didn't be worth a fortune. That car.
Speaker 8: I was the guy's name, the guy forgot the guy, the actor, the character that played it.
Speaker 3: I remember the actor was Dave.
Speaker 8: Dave, Dave, you know it does voice has and stuff, does the oak milk.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, from Two Hands, the hungry thirsty guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hungry thirsty guy.
Speaker 7: I'm going to look it up because it's it's on the tip of my tongue that I was.
Speaker 4: I was watching Two Hands the other day and there's that great scene where Brian Brown, who's like the head of this this this mob, he goes chuck chuck him the keys, would you?
Speaker 1: And he oh, I just got the fucking clutch done. Chuck him my keys?
Speaker 4: Oh ship, And yeah, that car is bloody stunning, that.
Speaker 8: Is And that's like a two door falcon.
Speaker 3: I think it's an X. I think it might have been an EX.
Speaker 8: But I love that bit in that movie where he Ledge's character comes up to Brian Brown and he says to handle where his name is? And he says, oh, guys, I got a bunch of cast here. Do you want to cast here? And he goes, no, I don't have a car. Fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 4: Such a great it's such a great, such a great movie. Brian Brown is brilliant in that, so good in it Field. Ah, he come they come from that sort of age where that that sort of Brian Brown, Jack Thompson, that sort of break them a rant era, which that is my favorite stuff.
Speaker 1: I love that stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, Brian's good and like I kind of know him now, you know, like we're great mates. But whenever I see him at a social thing, we always have a great chat. And I really like him. He's a really there's no bullshit with him whatsoever. He's not a movie star or anything, but he has every right to pull that. He's been in movies like Cocktail with Tom Cruise and like an American sequel, that FX movie. I don't know if you guys have sawt out. So he played this like a movie star, makeup special effects guy and he gets caught up in broil in this Marfia thing. It's called FX and there was FX one and FX two so that Brian Brown and Brian Denney in it, and it was a great movie.
Speaker 4: He's in another movie where he plays like an Australian kind of like a Richard Branson style character and he SMI dives off a building. But it's a big, big feature film, like it's a big.
Speaker 3: Novels that I want to say.
Speaker 1: It's hum and Ben Still or something.
Speaker 4: Anyway, anyway, we are I'm gonna, I'm gonna. I'm going to try and hit you ride in that land.
Speaker 1: Cruiser of yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll bring it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bring it in and I'll bring it in. Well we'll turn it into the new Kiss car. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Thanks, kiss the kiss? What are the what is kiss? We're going to kiss? What is an eye on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: They're they're eyelids. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: The great you've got you're a company man. And then again I'm thinking, I don't know what the w I don't even know what the w S car is. It's going to picture and Amanda on the side and the petrol the petrol hole goes with Amanda's mount.
Speaker 1: The way.
Speaker 3: I was looking for was killing that out?
Speaker 4: All right, mate, Well, listen, thank you for the chart. Really appreciate it's it honestly means a lot that you come on. And Jonesy asked, what are.
Speaker 1: We going to talk about, and I said, I don't know, let's just fucking just talk.
Speaker 7: I don't even know what we talk about most of the time.
Speaker 4: Paul said, because I was writing some stuff down beforehand. And Paul goes, oh, jesus, are you planning the show?
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I was trying. Yes, I'm trying to be professional.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming on, mate, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Cut out the right time. There we go.
Speaker 4: That was perfectly timed, perfectly times All right, mate, great to chat and talk to you soon. Do you want me to I'll send you the pictures of the thing. Yeah, I'll send you those pictures. Yeah, we'll put it up on the socials the pictures.
Speaker 7: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Boys.
Speaker 4: Well, so what happens now with your Entrepreneur of the Year does that What sort of doors is that going.
Speaker 1: To open for you? Are you going to walk into the engineering institute that you are currently giving.
Speaker 7: A bad name to enshrined in?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you're giving a very bad name to apparently, according to your brand experts.
Speaker 7: My understanding is I can go up to any building and demand access rise.
Speaker 1: They haven't given you the key to the city.
Speaker 7: No, Well, the award is the key to the city. You put it into any lock and it opens.
Speaker 4: You're standing in line at like revolver in Chapel Street and you just walk, you know.
Speaker 1: Entrepreneur of the Year.
Speaker 7: Bitch spelt wrong. Get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Get out of the way.
Speaker 4: There it's some man with face tattoos and dreadlocks as Esus Christ.
Speaker 1: It's the Engineer of the Year. Entrepreneur of the Year. Fuck Donna, he's ready for you. Hey, we should read some feedback.
Speaker 7: Yes, oh, we actually got one today, do we one?
Speaker 1: We have a listener.
Speaker 7: I'm going to read it out.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 7: So this is from Irena Lloyd.
Speaker 1: She said, review this.
Speaker 7: Guys, and when you click on it, it is a car from my home home country. It is called the You Go You Go. And the joke, Yeah, the joke was that you would buy a bicycle from a store and get a free you Go. That's how ship they were.
Speaker 1: Look at the ad. Oh my god, look at that wheel bend. That wheel actually bent.
Speaker 3: Anywhere New York City.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then you go, get in your you Go.
Speaker 4: You can go up into the mountains, down the mountains, upper mountains.
Speaker 1: You can blow snow or cocaine, like that boy with the red beanie horses running with the horse. Fucking there's boot and horse. Wow, you got more freedom for less money.
Speaker 4: Ounds like it sounds like two Croatian men trying to be polite.
Speaker 1: You go, oh no, no, you go, oh you go, oh no, you go. So the thing with this, I'll do that for far too long.
Speaker 4: By the way, you go, I will open the door for Pable when he's walking out.
Speaker 1: You go.
Speaker 7: The thing with this car is they tried to sell it in the States, and can you imagine how that went?
Speaker 1: There's an I reckon.
Speaker 4: There's a Simpsons episode based on this, because he goes to a He goes to a Homer goes to a car, and I'm sure it's like, this is the biggest selling car in Russia.
Speaker 9: Come on, don't forget to put it in h.
Speaker 4: She'll got three hundred heck there so on a single tank of kerosene.
Speaker 1: What country does this come from? It no longer exists.
Speaker 4: But take her for a test drive and you'll agree, Zagreb put it in h.
Speaker 7: I would love to review one of those. They really are a staple back back home. It is the go to for just affordable transport. Yugoslavian hard work went into that.
Speaker 1: I agree. You know what we should do. Get in touch with us on socials.
Speaker 4: If there's a car, like an absolute crazy ass car that you want Paul and Idle review. Maybe when we're in the same city together, right, let's do that. Yeah, no you go, no, no, no you go. Okay, let's do that and I reckon, we'll have some fun with Actually.
Speaker 7: You are listening to this and you owner, you go get in touch with the because I would love to have a little steer. Please you go again.
Speaker 4: This is from OLLI get Ollie, Hey, hurry up with the episodes. When I drive the two hours to see my girlfriend, I listen to your podcast. Oh this feels weird. I'm reading this and I'm not making it up. By the way, it's a legit thing. I listened to your podcast because Gordy is as funny as fuck. But I'm sick of listen. But I am sick of listening to your episodes on repeat. Dead Set have listened to all your podcasts about five times. Legend whenever Gordy talks about Donna fucking crack up.
Speaker 7: Well, I want to just a slight sidetrack from that, why does your girlfriend live two hours away?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And why listen to us?
Speaker 4: If I was on a two hour drive to see my missus, I'd rub one out.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: No, This is another one from the DMS pure Ol humor aside. Great ep today. It flows and sounds a shit ton better when you drag little Pavlo out of his engineering dog dungeon and sit him in this studio. Legit one of the best episodes. Great work, thank you. If Paul's last comments about that this is from this is from Goran Gordon drives a you go, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah you. If Paul's.
Speaker 4: Fucking my own jokes backfiring, If Paul's last comments about Tesla or anything to go by, it's going to be a bagging now that he's successful and can afford fuel for his thirsty raptor. Meantime, I'm getting a shitload of texts from Jonesy.
Speaker 1: He's just said series that's cool, okay, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: Can you believe, just very quickly, can you believe that they used land cruisers back then? Because if you did that today, that would be the equivalent of the radio station spinning like one hundred and fifty grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on trailer back there. Then that's that's fine. That's fine.
Speaker 7: Isn't that fascinating? They probably got it for free as well?
Speaker 1: Not are not any more? Man?
Speaker 4: Radio was I swear I want someone to and I've thought about riding on myself. I'd love like a TV series like about radio. Australian radio in the nineties and early two thousands was wild shit, like I could tell, like, you know, what's that Wolf of Wall Street stuff? Throwing dwarfs all that, right, Like I see some stuff working with Kyle and Jackie. Oh today I saw they did a segment which was Pay to Be Gay, and they had a straight guy come in and a gay guy come in and it was, hey, two hundred and fifty bucks. For two hundred and fifty bucks, would you strip off that?
Speaker 1: They said, that's the gay guy. Get naked with the gay.
Speaker 4: Guy, and so he did, and then for an extra five hundred bucks, would you hug?
Speaker 7: I could sleehere, this is going right, yeah.
Speaker 4: And he did for I think it was an extra five hundred bucks on top of that, So he's up to like seven fifty for an extra five hundred bucks. So for twelve fifty kiss. He did not do that, okay, he tapped out, where does.
Speaker 7: I know we're not talking about cars anymore? But who says that's okay? Like as in when they when a producer comes up with that idea, who do you go to when the building and go okay, well that's fine, they.
Speaker 4: Go, yeah, it goes through many people, goes through many a lawyers and very like, we want this shit tomorrow, explore every avenue and they have to do that avenue.
Speaker 1: Before we explore all this there. I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 6: There is.
Speaker 1: Like big red.
Speaker 4: Gloves upstairs that are like the really thick rubber ones, and so they can hot.
Speaker 1: They need to hold the mics. Producers need to hold mics in nooks and crannies and stuff so you can get there the audio to air, you know.
Speaker 7: Like, oh so when that stuff is recorded, No, no, it's.
Speaker 1: Live to air. That's get the best possible sound, like you want to be able to hear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so interesting.
Speaker 1: So imagine that's your job. What'd you do today?
Speaker 4: I held a microphone up to some guys nutsack cool. Anyway, thanks thanks for the feedback on the recent stuff.
Speaker 3: Merch.
Speaker 1: We should send some stuff.
Speaker 4: Out yes, definitely, we should definitely send some stuff out. We could do it in two ways. Yes, we could do this to the the ogs who have been five stars nice comments, hitting up our dms every week. Send them a little something something. Or do we send it to the haters like that fucking speed guy or whatever, or Daniel. And by the way, I think I know who Daniel is. Paul won't let me say who it is because Paul probably knows him.
Speaker 7: But we'll stop right there. I love the concept of sending stuff to haters, but they won't give us their addresses. I don't because that'd be pure I don't want Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 6: Pure human Jesus, Dear drivers, Joe, I'd like to make a complaint. This could go in for far too long. I'm workshopping it in my head.
Speaker 7: I can tell sorry to shut the fuck up.
Speaker 6: You're doing no service to your brand. As head of the Engineer's Committee, I'd like to put in a complaint, Paul, what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing with your brand?
Speaker 6: Once upon a time you wore those Rivers slacks with pride. They were given to you when we inducted you in the Engineering Hall of Fame. Oh what shame you bring to those suede shoes. And as for that little boy you work with, he looks familiar. Has he been in pornography? Me and my friend Ralph used to sit down and watch used to sit down and watch me for ages as you were, as you were? What's your brand?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 6: Purial facts?
Speaker 7: Oh jesus, anyway, please do get in touch?
Speaker 6: Is what do I have to do to get one of them fucking T shirts?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Contact at the Drivers Show dot com today. You was our email address? Oh yeah, what did we decide? Send us an email?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Please rate, subscribe, give us five stars. We don't have many. This is just a sample pack.
Speaker 4: We will be getting more from from our good mates at Machine Plus. But there's a few people that have hit our dms and they've been on their podcast from day one, so maybe we'll send them something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, send us send us a note on Instagram like a.
Speaker 1: Dm D yep. That's the engineer of the ye.
Speaker 7: I just know you want some merchants, something funny and if it makes us laugh.
Speaker 1: If we read it on the show, we'll send you something.
Speaker 7: If we read it on the next show, you guys will be getting some year Paul's pig shelving some white powder in the billy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the billy?
Speaker 7: The ik bookshelf. We've already gone over this a thousand.
Speaker 6: Times a year.
Speaker 4: Song the fact that you made your award winning office look like a tape classroom.
Speaker 1: Not that I know. I've never been.
Speaker 4: Much. I flunked out a tape, but anyway, whatever, Send us some ship, that'd be well, Send us some ship.
Speaker 1: We'll send you some shit. I've got beats of the week. Can I get out of here? I love you,