Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So participating has mapped into the studio here for a chat after the show Friday.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about tourist attractions of the world, and she said, I've seen Mona Lisa, and we were like, my god, Wow, you've seen one of the most famous bits of artwork in the world.
Speaker 3: But no, you weren't impressed with the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 1: No, it's tiny, like absolutely minute, and you're forty people deep, so it's even smaller because you're further back. And so when I went down there and saw it in the loover, I just went okay, and I just kept walking.
Speaker 4: I mean, but you've traveled all the way to France, You've waited in the line to get into the museum. Can't you wait till you shuffle to the front. It's only another twenty minute, right.
Speaker 1: Because it was so small and so light, insignificant, I just thought significant.
Speaker 2: You can't say insignificant about the Mona Lisa. And some of those are like fine artworks. Now you need to just give it a couple of moments to sort of be more of You don't see art.
Speaker 3: You become art. I did not become art, just just jogged on by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just like just kidd a walking.
Speaker 3: How big would you have wanted it to be? Maybe impressive on those magic eye posters?
Speaker 1: Maybe like double its size, because it's like I cannot express to anyone if they haven't seen it, how small it is.
Speaker 3: Like you, I've seen it. It's you're making out like it's a stamp.
Speaker 2: It looks like a step.
Speaker 3: Why it should be so big?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just because I've seen it on you know, the internet that many times and you just assume it's an old piece of artwork.
Speaker 6: It's it's bigger, but yeah, my good. Is it like an a four bit of paper?
Speaker 4: It's like, seriously, it is Just grab a piece of printer paper and start the model Lisa.
Speaker 3: Size into the world. Think you're like, please don't be like this. What was it like an a four bits of in size?
Speaker 6: In comparison, You've nailed it. Yeah size.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you ever seen a choice attraction of the world. There's been much hype but then just didn't deliver.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it wasn't that imp with the Vegas sign when we went to Vegas, the love God to get this right. We traveled around America for about a month. He brought a black suit from home in the luggage, carried it, lugged it all the way because he wanted that brat pack photo in front of the vein.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it. But where it is.
Speaker 6: It's actually in the center median strip on the boulevard there, but there's traffic, like three lanes of traffic each side, zooming pass. So we took a cab out there because we're staying ages away, and it was almost like a stop, drop and roll to get out of the cab.
Speaker 4: It was like quick Chris hit by the car.
Speaker 6: So it was just yeah, it wasn't what we worked it up to be. It was like, oh, okay, this is it.
Speaker 2: Disappointing tourist Attractions of the World, Well, underwhelmed you.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Disappointing Attractions of the World. Andrina the Spanish steps. I'd seen so many phones of them with pots, some colored flowers on them, lots of festive stuff, shoots around Rome in forty two degree heat. Finally found them, just a bunch of steps of people sitting on them, having their lunch. They could have had any steps anywhere, No pots, no pots. David Venice, after walking around in circles from now, I'm trying to find a hotel, hadn't argued with my wife went to the pub. It was full of men who'd done the same thing.
Speaker 3: Denise.
Speaker 2: The White House was so tiny compared to what I thought it would be. I didn't know you could just go and wander around the White House.
Speaker 3: It doesn't, but I don't think it's tiny.
Speaker 2: Jane didn't care much for the Leaning Tower Pisa. Felt like we were in suburbia, in someone's backyard. Nine four three Disappointing tourist attractions of the World Nikki, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, good morning, disappointing to good morning, disappointing to rose attractions. Yeah, yeah, Egypt and the Sphinx and no, the Great Pyramids.
Speaker 3: Surely not. I'm desperate to go and see that. How can they be disappointed?
Speaker 7: Well, we were on honeymoon in Cyprus and thought, oh, opportunity to go to Cairo. Let's see the Sphinx and you know, the pyramid experience. So we went there, got there, spink some pyramid on your left, busy street, McDonald's and KFC and Pizza Hut on your right with traffic and all want of it. Nothing like the movie sets.
Speaker 3: I don't like a sacred to sight. You can't have that.
Speaker 7: Exactly right, That's what we thought.
Speaker 3: And then we lined up.
Speaker 7: To go into the pyramid because thought maybe it's different inside experience and all that sort of stuff. It's really hot. We take bottles of water with us. We line up, We get to the top of the line and the guy at the top of the line takes our bottles of water off us and we're like, oh, maybe we're not land to take them in. Then he starts drinking it in front of us, and we're like, oh, okay, that's unusual. We'll just deal with it. We go inside the pyramid and it.
Speaker 5: Smells of we and we're like, well, that's where they go to the toilet.
Speaker 4: Wait, she think the guy letting people into the entrance, he's inside the pyramid.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're Is that what you say, Nikki? You reckon? He was beeing in the tombs.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they were just that's someone job, someone who really doesn't like that job anymore.
Speaker 8: No luck.
Speaker 7: So we were just like, seriously, next time we'll go to luxere.
Speaker 3: Nikki. Thank you very much you called me. I have a good day, no worried you too. Bye bye, Laura, good morning, Hi Christian, there are you going. I'm good, Laura.
Speaker 2: I have been a good weeknd thanks to cool on the show. So we also disappointing a tourist attraction for you.
Speaker 5: So Christian, we thought we would go to stone Pinge because it's something that you just have to do when you go there. But there was no way I was going to pay for something like that. So I googled how to see stone Hinge for free, and a couple of articles came up, and one said that it was about a three kilometer walk from a place called wood Ene and it would take around ninety minutes. And I thought to myself, there is no way three kilometer walk's going to take ninety minutes. We'll do it way quicker than that. Anyway, we didn't. It took way longer than ninety minutes, walking through paddiics and avoiding cow dumps and all the rest.
Speaker 3: It's it's not a proper footpath.
Speaker 2: You've got a lot of people who won't pay that want to do that walk. It's a harder walk it's a hard walk.
Speaker 5: Why I didn't know. I just sort of thought of our three kilometers that's easy, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's a pilgrimage, yes, And what did you think of it when you get there? You see those giants When we finally.
Speaker 5: Got there, were a few meters from everyone else that paid, and firstly we sort of thought our suckers, but then we just looked and we left.
Speaker 4: After five minutes, two hours back the other work.
Speaker 3: And did you find the actual sort of the rocks? And underwhelming?
Speaker 5: Oh, completely underwhelming. We were honestly there for five minutes. We took some photos and were out of there. It was it was not worth it.
Speaker 4: I think it's less about the rocks and how they got them.
Speaker 2: It's more about the mystery. It's more about the mystery how did they get there. They still don't know how they got there.
Speaker 5: No, I still don't know how they got there. But the walk was really good. In the end, we got amazing totos on.
Speaker 3: That was the highlight of the day when he saw stone age. Laura, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 5: Thanks Christian, Kelly, Christian, hell are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Kelly? Have your wealth? So Mona Lisa.
Speaker 8: Oh my God. So I was in my early twenties and this was the early nineties, and I was in the city of Paris, and I went, right, this is the city that has all these attractions, and I kicked off my list. I went to the Eiffel Tower, I saw the Shamps of Lisa, went to the Active Triumph. Then I get to the Louver and I was so excited because I saw the glass pyramid and I went, yes, I'm going to see the Mona Lisa, and I'm like, got my map and I went into the louver and I just zoomed past all the other whatever was hanging on the walls, and I went off to find it, to find it, following my map, and I turned a corner in the loose and I saw a little crowd of people hanging around the painting, and I went, right, well, it looks small, but I'm still at the end of the corridor. So I walked faster and I went, it's not getting any bigger. And I got to the front and looked at it and thought, this is a postage stamp.
Speaker 3: It's not. It's not a stamp.
Speaker 8: It must they could have just put a photo copy on an A four sheet of staper out on the wall. And the funniest thing is I went, I'm standing here, going, okay, well, I've got to look cool because I'm in from the Mona Lisa and I went, so how long do I stand here and admire it? Is it one minute?
Speaker 7: Is it two minutes?
Speaker 5: What's the going rate of standing here?
Speaker 3: It was the worst.
Speaker 8: I was so disappointed.
Speaker 5: And then I took a photo of it. So I've still got the photo.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 8: I'd be better off just taking a photocopy from the internet and putting in my photo.
Speaker 2: Wel bro Kelly, I've got to ask, what are the noises we keep hearing? Come a seconds? Are you're in an ice cream van?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: That was my story.
Speaker 8: I'm at work.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see gotcha? All right, Kenny, thank you very much. You killed me no saying a brighter no.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast