Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Just hoo. Stood a couple of Mitch's race yourself for the rude shocks of young adulthood in high school. I thought compulsory. I meant you had a choice. So my year advisor, Missus Moyman, went on Mitch Math's compulsory.
Speaker 3: I went fantastic of drama.
Speaker 2: Is Mitchuli and Mitchell Cou's Hello Yeah, Hei you hello w idiot. Now the final three? Huh? The final three.
Speaker 3: By the time you're hearing this, Cherry and I will have finished our little vogeen Gate adventure. Yeah, we'll bring you everything we got up to On Wednesday's episode.
Speaker 2: The road trip was great. This is you fortune telling, of course, because we haven't done it yet. No, not yet. Maybe what if we were to both perish?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, what if we had a horrible car crash?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, Mitchell, I don't like any of that. Stopped. It's a hypothetic, that's all. What if we get there safely and have a great time and come back alive, well and happy and breathing, Well, that's the plant. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, our third wheel price Keep a Gender won't be joining us for the weekend away.
Speaker 1: She's here now, I'm here.
Speaker 4: I'm here.
Speaker 2: That's actually devastating that I know.
Speaker 4: But I'll appropriately be at a funeral, so.
Speaker 2: It's kind of real fitting for you.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 2: How many funerals do you have per year? Would you say?
Speaker 4: Too many? And this is my third eulogy that I'll be think you for three?
Speaker 2: People barely give one in the life.
Speaker 3: I've never done one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is my third.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking forward to the day I have to do one. But you're a fucking old pro.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, they asked me.
Speaker 3: This is with all due respect, why do people ask you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Why do you keep getting asked for this?
Speaker 2: She's so solemn? Naturally.
Speaker 4: The first one I did was for my great uncle, my other great uncle, and it went really well and everyone was impressed.
Speaker 2: On Cale on Cale. Sorry, sorry, how can an eulogy go really well?
Speaker 4: Okay, So I don't make it sad. I make it upbeat and like a lot of them are just so boring.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Blah blah was born in nineteen plas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not this sairly interesting. Whether they played cricket in the undertails and she you know.
Speaker 4: So I bring up the fun bits or like sayings they used to say. But the second funeral eulogy, Yeah, I organized that funeral, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: How old were you?
Speaker 4: Oh it was like three years ago?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: It was my auntie?
Speaker 2: Why were you in charge of organizing the whole thing?
Speaker 4: Because I wanted to put on the most incredible.
Speaker 3: And did she leave like a list of wishes or anything? Nothing to go off?
Speaker 4: No, but her main song was Joanne by Lady Gargut.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is such a funeral royal song.
Speaker 2: It is your choice? Or did she request that.
Speaker 4: She loved Lady Gargut.
Speaker 3: You're going if only her name was Joeanne the auntie.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, her name is Carol.
Speaker 3: Imagine you just dubbed over the top, take my head, stay Carrol.
Speaker 1: Just me going Carol.
Speaker 2: Laughing.
Speaker 4: She would have laughed at this.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she would.
Speaker 4: She loved lady.
Speaker 2: Answers to the to the family, Jenna will not be joining us, but yeah, Mitch and I our Bogun Gate Adventure will be on the show next week. We next episode just a.
Speaker 3: Couple of days away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, we've got Kate Langbrook on today's episode. Finally, Yeah, fourth the time with Katie our favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of our favorites. I shouldn't play favorites. She's you know, she is our favorite. She's so good radio, TV, comedian, host, author, she does it.
Speaker 3: All, and you know me, I like to be over prepared. But there's something about whenever we interview Kate that I'm happy going in blind because we did yap.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we asked. We have questions prepared most of the time, but you said at the end, we didn't even get to any for questions none. Absolutely, did you keep in this part or are you cutting which part where she showed us her tears?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's in there. That's in there.
Speaker 2: We didn't even ask. It came up naturally. And then she went to do you want me to? And we were like ha ha. And then she did.
Speaker 3: A podcast. You won't be able to see Kate flashing us.
Speaker 2: It's in our memory though it was very hosts a podcast, The buck Up with Nate Valvo, which is on iHeart.
Speaker 3: I know that a lot of already it's already buckwits. They listen to that show. But a few of you might be looking for other podcast recommendations now that we're about to wrap things up. Yeah, the buck up, I reckon, you'll enjoy very much our vibe. Can I give a few other recommendations, Mala Maddam.
Speaker 4: I personally think people just should just stop listening to podcasts once we finish.
Speaker 2: No, I want.
Speaker 3: I feel bad leaving people in the lurch, Jenna. I want to give them at least something.
Speaker 2: To go off. No, No, I think this is handy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just like similar vibes to us. I would say. Nobody asked with Eden and Lockey, love them. They're friends of mine, high scholars.
Speaker 2: You influence a list of friends, isn't.
Speaker 3: It, Well not really, they're just podcasted are similar to ours. There's no need to shout at me.
Speaker 2: But I just know this is you've been paid haven't paid for? Do you know what I won't do with them? I keep going, No, keep keep okay.
Speaker 3: You guys can throw out suggestions as well if you want. I'm just thinking similar vibe to us. Nothing true, Crah.
Speaker 4: I mean I was going to say case file, No, that's not like us.
Speaker 3: Nobody asked with Eden and Lockey, like I said, Yes, they're friends of mine, high schoo Hey and Britney Saunders. Have you heard we mean well with Leu and Jachi. They're fucking hilario hilarious. I love lou Tony and Ryan with I'm sure most about idiots are already tarper.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think Tony and Ryan need our recommendation for listener. I never know that true.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have told us that ours was the first podcast they checked out and the only You're right, and of course the buck up with Kate and Nate. Kate's about to give you a little speel about why you should listen to that podcast.
Speaker 2: I think you guys will picture it. I'd like to picture Lifefunk cut with Britain War.
Speaker 3: Would you say that similar to us?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Two goals? Got well it is, but they just talk about very different things. Also, I will feature on that show in the new year and Bits and Pop, so you let's get bits of me? Yeah. Fun. All right, Well for your first time listening, Welcome everyone, This is just me. Every week we start the same way with two gems, two things we noticed or we've hate or we appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine. I do not know Mitch.
Speaker 3: It mine is actually in reference to something that we spoke about with Kate Langbrook which you're about to hear a bit later, But I'd like to plead my case first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go forrid Mine's mine is merely something I've noticed that can be held, So go for it. Held. Yeah, I could, there's no urgency for it to escape.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, I thought it was like an ice spy clue, like you can hold it all right?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to kick things off? Go for it all right? Go on bad? Is it just me? Do you fucking love grilled fish? Oh?
Speaker 3: And will you not hear anything to the country every good ship?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: For some reason, Kate lane Brook is so passionately anti grilled fish, wants it to be crumbed or battered.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're about to hear she called me a loser for enjoying grilled fish. And I'm talking like going to a fish and chip shop. Nothing fancy like a restaurant that no, no, no, nothing like that, just a fish and chip shop. I think it's mind ever matter. I'm tricking myself into thinking, Wow, I've made such a healthy toast. I got grilled instead of battered.
Speaker 2: Look at me, go, I'm the same. There is something about a grilled fish that makes me feel so skinny.
Speaker 3: You know how I recognize Them's from what macas China. Convince it's that a seed mini chicken snack wrap. It's so much better for you a chicken snap rap. But at the end of the day, it's from fucking Macas. They probably drench the bastard in grease. It is just one of those things you do, like skim milk, just to make yourself feel healthier, even though probably it probably makes fun all difference.
Speaker 2: Now that grilled fish taste is so good. Yeah, Actually like chili flake and lemon, Oh my god, like drizzle lemon is delicious.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you're backing me up here now. You didn't when we spoke to Cake on my own.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there was a celebrity in the room, so I had to add to side with them, naturally. God, I love I want fish?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Can we order fish?
Speaker 2: I want fish? Now?
Speaker 3: Do you want to do something about that? Turn to me like I'm your mother? Okay, so can we fish tonight? You can sort yourself out.
Speaker 2: Right, we can get fish in our own time.
Speaker 4: In the last episode, we can order food.
Speaker 3: Does that have to be fish? I don't know that from most celebratory cheese to five years meal five years.
Speaker 2: Here's some hoku for all right? Do you want to hear the original fish to talk about? All right? Sure? Did you? Guys? Ever, you wouldn't have mitched because you had no water. Sorry to bring it up. What are you going to say? Did you fish for fish growing up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In the river?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh good? And it's just me on the fly. The kids not roll up a little piece of bread and put it on the end of a hand reel anymore. I haven't seen a plastic hand reel in a decade.
Speaker 3: A bit of bread that's not going to get much done. You want to stick a live worm on that hook?
Speaker 2: Oh so you are a country Yeah I did. I just did. I just did. Wonder why.
Speaker 3: I just found it too heartbreaking because we'd always catch carp and the rule is you're not allowed to put the cart back, and it's certainly not edibles. You'd have to just leave it on the bank.
Speaker 2: Why can't you put it back? Because they're vermin or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're pests.
Speaker 2: Well that's shining.
Speaker 3: So that's why I kind of went off fishing.
Speaker 4: I want a pet carp.
Speaker 2: Pet fish to me? Sorry, brain dead I actually would love to get a pet fish.
Speaker 3: The only thing that turns me off the idea is having more maintenance through like cleaning the tank and ship. But imagine, because I've got the cat Isabella, imagine her reaction to a fish in the tank.
Speaker 2: She'd be fucking blue to all that. She'd what's it called? Ye'd yep.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we've done with fish chat I did. I really really thought that was Jennis junk material and that wasn't them as much.
Speaker 2: As I did to keep growing. But let's continue, Bradley, I'm ready? Is it just me? Did you know that Paddington the Bear is an immigrant? Paddington the Bear is an immigrant.
Speaker 4: Paddington met the Queen, No.
Speaker 2: Mitchell, Paddington bears. But if I were to say to you, Paddington Bear, where's he from? I'm not actually that familiar. I don't have an answer. Sorry, you're pretty She's a British bear and I've lost my raincoat. He was born in Peru.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh, is that why there's a new movie coming out?
Speaker 1: Yes. In Paddington Home, he returns to Peru.
Speaker 3: Oo interesting, so fancy.
Speaker 1: He looks for his mother, British.
Speaker 2: As chance with his dryser bone and where the fuck did that come from? And his gumboo. I went to see Wicked on the weekend and we will discuss soon. But I'm sitting there and his trailer comes on and it's I'm coming home, and I go, oh, cool to Tottenham, And then all of a sudden he's on an airplane to Perou and he's got a raincoat on, gum boots, a little bucket hat and a marmite sandwich. And I think we have not been educated right, because that is a British bear, if ever i've seen one.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you were that attached to his backstory. I'm not but that man, I've been like, yeah, but that's almost like saying that Whinnie the Pooh comes out of us.
Speaker 2: I'm going home to shen Zhang, you know my birthplace, will Haun, China. Like, sorry, honey, what's his name? Winnie? You're not from China.
Speaker 3: I'm now googling what nationality is winn given if any thought, I guess we eat John poop, British pouquet British.
Speaker 2: It's shocking. Also, he doesn't have a passport. He's an illegal immigrant. Like I'm all for immigration But who would have thought that Paddington Bear Paddington Bear being on Trump's hitley? Is Trump's so anti immigrant, Trump's gonna kill Paddington Bear.
Speaker 4: Imagine being on a plane with a life sized bearing.
Speaker 3: Too much logic to this situation, too much realism. It's a fucking bear that can get on a.
Speaker 2: Flight with a mom might sandwich? Where's my mom? He's got a Harod's shopping bag on his arm. Sorry, you're telling me this fucking bear was born and raised in Machu Pichu? Is it just me?
Speaker 5: You can follow the show online, just search a couple of miches. If you don't, you're a tickhead.
Speaker 2: All right, let's not fath about three episodes to go. Every moment is completely sacred on the show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And Kate Langbrook one of our favorite guests of all time. I think the first time she was on our podcast was fucking god, was it twenty twenty twenty nineteen?
Speaker 2: Even it would have. It's because we were all co workers, so Kate hosted the pickup? Isn't that so incestuous? Kate hosted the pickup? I was doing late nights, you were working Kyle and Jackie O. So we kind of all knew of each other in the business, and then when then you outed her and then I and then I asked it her and then I felt so good that I was ousted. Yeah, it's so funny. He'd be great.
Speaker 3: They brought Kate back to the pick up as if musical chairs.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm it. Jenna wasn't here. Of course, she had a eulogy to deliver. It's just Mitch and I. We sat down with Kate and this is a bit longer than usual, but the podcast is ending, and we have so much fun with her. There was a lot we didn't want to cut much, did we? Oh god no.
Speaker 3: And she's also the type of person that once you get her going, you can't shut her up. Yeah, and she's always pissed off at us for trying to wrap her up to its own and I'm like, it's been seven hours Dylan.
Speaker 2: Later we had a wrap this thing. The producer at the end was like, guys, we're going to have to end. Yeah, literally, because I think she was doing the buck up with nath Valvel after our record session act we were chewing into their recording time.
Speaker 3: So I was about that Nathan and.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it for the very last time. Oh I know, here was Kate Learningbrook on the podcas. All right, so Mitch, as you know, we are ticking off moments from the ege and bucket list because we are terminal. We are an end of life care.
Speaker 3: Are we hope you've not heard the news Kate language, no, because you know I don't hear.
Speaker 1: I'm on a need to know basis.
Speaker 2: Shit. Well, yeah, we've been diagnosed with you know, terminal podcast.
Speaker 1: No, terminal brilliant, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Terminal brilliance. We are ending the show after five years. We're ending on a good note. Mitch and I are still friends, barely, but we are.
Speaker 1: We are, we are hanging by it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the show is over, so we're trying to tick off all the bucket list moments that we want to do before we end, and having Katelyne Brook back for a fourth.
Speaker 1: Ah with me, Bayes.
Speaker 3: And that's partly why I was borderline harassing your gorgeous produce. It's ash because I was like time's ticking, babes, like we're nearly finished, and all of our gorgeous idiots that's what we call our listeners, the idiots charming. They we're begging for another Kate episode. So you're here and we are thrilling.
Speaker 1: I love it, but sad and devastating for all of the gorgeous idiots.
Speaker 2: I know they really took it quite well to be.
Speaker 1: Like me, and they were like what we had about.
Speaker 2: Seven messages going yeah, I guessed it. I picked it six months ago. I don't know what they meant by that.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, because you have such a long, glorious relationship you two, what's the closest that you've come. You've obviously you've hung by three, You've seen each other through a lot of changes with each other. What's the closest, the closest that we've come to? A total schism? And car park now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm still confused getting my.
Speaker 1: Car No no as in massive choms punch onsty guard.
Speaker 2: Oh, because the other question were easier. I tried to fuck Mitch, I think three weeks into knowing him.
Speaker 1: But thought I thought you were getting at But I wasn't even going to ask about that. I mean, both of you are so eminently desira.
Speaker 2: And we are we are sort of, you know, a mirror image of each other. You know, me the masculine, rugged bear and youture the delicate daffodil. You know, I would crush you in all the right ways.
Speaker 1: I'd say our hothouse orchid.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're poisonous to cats. Perfect, No, they're not. I have to google every fucking plant that comes in my home. Is it going to kill my daughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But why do you have a cat and assume it's going to die?
Speaker 3: Because most pot plants are poisonous to cats, except for the ugly ones.
Speaker 2: They have a cat friendly ones.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I love you? But if that were true, this continent island that we're lucky enough to call home would be strewn with the carcasses of dead feelines because most of them live in houses that also have pot class and they seem to be doing Okay, I think we're going to clock that up to your neurosis.
Speaker 2: But you know what.
Speaker 3: People online are like case like, I could just post something and in the background they'll that's going to kill your pat But.
Speaker 2: You need to not care. I couldn't care less. What about my cat's life? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, you know what your spot on, Mitch, I was in me good hair, Mitch. You don't have a good hair, Mitch. But that's that hair is stunning, That fucking hair is wearing you my friend. Anyway, But Mitch, I put up a picture like months ago, and I'd had a massive night with Peter Allen Lewis right, you're beloved, my beloved, my beloved, And for some reason, in the middle of the night we got home about three o'clock and probably around five am, I was hungry. I was hungry. I didn't want to eat what he was offering. So I went downstairs and I started fossicking around and all I could find was, I think, a packet of chicken in a biscuit. And the reason that I think that was I had no recollection. I woke up in the morning and then next to the bed was an empty foil bag from chicken in the biscuit, and I was like, no, one.
Speaker 3: Don't say drag.
Speaker 1: I feel so day anyway, So I posted the photo as in like, what about last night? You know one of those I had no recollection, And one of the messages I got was, oh my god, I know somebody whose dog died by suffocating the head from the chicken in the biscuit. We should have been laughing, because I no, we can laugh at that cads twofold one Darwin.
Speaker 2: Yes, you google that. She's not talking about the city survival of.
Speaker 1: The fittest, but also the person that feels motivated. That that is their response that they want to send you after you've had a big night and you've enjoyed an obisco snack in bed.
Speaker 3: My response to that is actually just wondering how long did the hangover last? Because I'm only twenty bloody eight and if i have a night where I get in at five am and I'm ravishing, oh, I could be hungover for a week.
Speaker 1: Ravenous. Yeah, ravishing, You're always ravishing. You're always ravishing. You might also be ravenous and rabbit. Here we are.
Speaker 2: We always say some words.
Speaker 1: Mitch and Mitch and the visiting bitch. They always learned some words.
Speaker 2: Talking to KATEA is like when you bump in onto your English teacher after you've left high school, but they still teach. I know, Coles and you have a checkout chick and no. So Kate, we're very lucky to have you back. The accident done.
Speaker 3: How long did the hangover last?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, so this is strange. I've never had a hangover. What I get very tired and I get dusty. I've never had a hangover. O, kay, that is a hangover.
Speaker 2: I've never had a hangover.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't get the heat and the thing and the My record has never been solid.
Speaker 2: But I've never had diarrhea ever in my life.
Speaker 1: No, I tell you why. By way of illustration. We came back. We were at a big party in Barron on the weekend and mad for three four days. Came back Monday night, got home at eleven blah blah blah. I got four kids in there. I got our made than breakfast and went to yoga at six thirty. Yeah, wake up whistling, I feel whistling doesn't matter what you do the night before.
Speaker 2: Wake up whistling, that is, you wake up whistling. You know what I've started to wake up and do. I actually don't know what the name of the practice is. And I don't want to get in trouble for cultural appropriation, but when you know, when you see a Chinese grandma in the park and I'm sorry, they're in the pug and they are like a Dutch windmill, like you're all of a sudden in Rotterdam, and they just swing.
Speaker 1: And they also clap the body and they cut the arm themselves.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's lymphatic drainage. And I've been big into that every morning. And I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Where are you slapping? We may not.
Speaker 2: Let me point to the areas that I slapped myself. Now it's in like this weather. Leather lymphodes are pit's neck groys. Well, they were everywhere.
Speaker 3: And what does that do?
Speaker 2: It drains it. It gets rains, the drains the lymphatic system. And you feel different. How I feel a bit slow in the mornings, you know, I do like radio. So I get home late. Then I kind of sleep in later. So I'm up and I'm kind of everyone's already started their day. So I will Chinese Grandma myself and the soles.
Speaker 1: Of your feet, because I remember I was doing that for a while because I saw some Chinese guy on Insta do it and he called it digging for gold. Oh you slap your feet the soles of your feet. Slap him like I can't remember sixty times or whatever, and he calls it digging for gold. And he goes, if you slap the soles of your feet, you dig for gold, you get the gold of health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good health if the magic of the bottom of the foot. I always see whenever I'm on daily mail. You know those random ads. They kind of look like you've been hacked, but it's also an ad. It's like David Kosh admits to investing in this and making Ramatag puts an onion on the sole of her foot, and now she's twenty. It's always it's always that and those two people. But everyone says, put a slice of onion on your foot, put a sock on, and you wake up and you'll have nothing wrong with you.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had one of those fake ads next to your name, Kate, I'm disappointing.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll get cracking.
Speaker 1: I mean, what if you were going to imagine a campaign for me, what would it be?
Speaker 2: What would it be?
Speaker 3: Because it's always something ridiculous, like Lisa Wilkinson swears by these vitamin and gummies or something.
Speaker 2: It's always what you're known for, you know, like I don't know what, but what am.
Speaker 1: I known for?
Speaker 2: Benders? Apparently?
Speaker 1: Oh no, being an English teacher, learn English?
Speaker 2: Now, I did google you and you know what? This keeps coming up because I'm trying to buy a house at the moment, Kate, So I keep getting the ad for your god forsaken house. I'm like, different tax bracket, guys, I'm not buying, Katelyn.
Speaker 1: I think it is Mitch Suri. I think you're really playing yourself down.
Speaker 3: Oh are you moving house at the moment?
Speaker 1: You know, we've already moved house. We're trying to sell it. You know, we had it. We moved in lockdown when my husband thought we needed a challenge. We need a challenge, we need a new house. So we bought a house we hadn't seen because we were in lockdown, so we weren't last Oh my god, and so we bought it. And then it turned out we didn't need a challenge, we just needed to come out of lockdown. By that point, it was too late. We had this house anyway. That's what's happened.
Speaker 2: So you lived in an ICM.
Speaker 1: We're living in it now.
Speaker 2: So which one are getting rid of?
Speaker 1: I feel so slow today, Oh, darling, Mitch, I love you. You know what you're like fifty first dates?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Everything is new to you every single time?
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my goodness, what is this thing? I'm a chair that. Oh my goodness, I'm sucking air in and out. What's that called breathing?
Speaker 2: What's coming out of my lower parts? Mitch?
Speaker 1: Also, what's that sticker on your arm hair? Mitch?
Speaker 2: Look what is it?
Speaker 3: I'm getting it layser off soon. It's a tattoo that I regret from when I was like twenty. It's a Lady Gaga tattoo. It's the most puffy thing ever.
Speaker 1: And I'm not the biggest monster I thought.
Speaker 3: I was at the time, and I was like, I will always feel this strongly about an artist, but I just don't feel strongly about fucking anything in my late twenties.
Speaker 1: Course not. And you know what, that will happen increasingly through your life to the point where you'll want to get your actual self lasered off.
Speaker 2: You know, I've got to say, Kate, like, looking at you here now, having you on for what the fourth time, you have not aged a bit since we first had you on the shows. Yeah, us Haggard beasts, I'm thirty next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all right. What would you say, Mitch?
Speaker 5: For him?
Speaker 1: What would you say it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting because he looks younger at the moment than he did like five years ago.
Speaker 1: I agret, you know what you've got boomerang looks.
Speaker 2: What's boomerang looks?
Speaker 1: The boomerang looks is what someone said to me years and years ago, is that those people who it's like they're thrown out and they come back to themselves and they come back younger. Yeah, I get husy. Oh like husy us. His whole life has looked eighty two, and now he looks like the bedst he's ever looked.
Speaker 2: Usually looks hot. He was talking about margarine on his Instagram the other day, had a tub that was disgusting, being the nuttle, thentles, the nutlet in the Costco and he'd finished like a three kilo tub of bulk neutlex.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, it's like a buttery quite like nuttlex of all of them. It's got a nice flavor.
Speaker 2: I agree with the Actually he was going, I've made a Costco and you know, doing all that bit and he.
Speaker 1: Said I'd never finish this tab and said I never finish his tab of margarine. It's taken how long it's taken him eighteen months.
Speaker 2: To finish his tub of margarine. Of course everyone was confused, But I watched the whole thing. I think I watched it twice, and I do all the comments. I did read the comments. Great for engagement. I mean, come on, it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Like people were like, seed oils, seed oils, you're wee dead.
Speaker 2: By the times, see what I see what I mean? You know what I did? The other I posted a story in my bedroom and then someone commented, going, so nice to see that your house is also lived in my mind. I'm like, go fuck yourself, that's still right.
Speaker 1: It means you were messy massy saying nice.
Speaker 2: To see that my pig pen is also replicated in yours.
Speaker 1: I bet that's someone who's who knew someone who's dog choked on a chicken and a biscuit hacket, not the actual person, because God forbid anything like that should befall anyone.
Speaker 2: That'd be horrific. You don't dwell on that.
Speaker 1: I wonder they've got to wind up five years of Is it just me?
Speaker 2: I know we didn't get canceled, though you never did, did you know?
Speaker 1: That's not me and Valvo on the buck up. Yeah, we're just like the conversations we have. It's so liberating. Sash our producer, as you know, highly highly esteemed. She's always like, oh, I hope you don't get canceled, Like, how does that happen?
Speaker 3: I mean, I do listen to your podcast from time to time, and I feel like it would be an appropriate replacement for our idiots who are looking for something new, because it's it's the same inappropriate hue that we have, like woke people don't bother. You're probably going to get upset because there was an episode I heard you talking about how you're fully in favor of slut shaming, and.
Speaker 1: You would, in fact, we're going to have a special slut shaming party. How that works, Well, you haven't thought it through. Don't ask for details, Mitchell, it was just born. It was just sometimes you know, you got to hang on to things so tight that you want to let out.
Speaker 2: You know, in this world, I get you.
Speaker 1: You just hang onto you know, on the podcast you can just let stuff out. But Mitch, I'll tell you where you went wrong. Good hair, Betty from Blacktown. Mitch. Even if people hate you, even if the Wokesters, you let them hate listen, Oh totally don't drive them away. Come hate listen to Katie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're about to send an influx of our idiots your way, and they won't be offended.
Speaker 1: Don't threats, they must be devastated.
Speaker 2: They were naturally were naturally.
Speaker 1: By the way, you never answered what fight you had here too?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, We'll be honest, we've had many a fight, but they resolved themselves very quick. I was going to say, it's not really fun had a big one.
Speaker 3: It's kind of just especially when we're both stressed and whatever. We're both like trying to compete who's more stressed, who's more tied.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it's like, how about we just be nice?
Speaker 1: Oh, you like a couple with a newborn baby.
Speaker 2: Yes, exact, I.
Speaker 1: Only had ten minutes sleep, only had eight minutes sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do get into those fights of like schedule and who's more busy, but we always know that that's the root of it. I don't think there's ever been a different route, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like there's no particular one that springs to mind, which I suppose is a good thing. I mean, you know what it's like, hate to walk away from a very successful show just because you can't particularly be fucked anymore, that's all it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that's right, and then you know what you get to do, have the reunions, Oh yes, exactly, and the constant speculations a speculation, Oh my, jusy and I are doing so many jobs next year, next year, we're doing so many jobs.
Speaker 2: I don't know you find the time.
Speaker 3: I was actually wondering about that because last time, well one of the bloody times you we hear, I can't remember, you were saying that Hughes is a workaholic. He could not understand why you give up the radio show you did together, because he's like, what are you going to do all day? Yeah, he's currently not on the radio. He must just be harassing you, going.
Speaker 1: Come on, babe, let's get the man back together. Well, you know he is still very busy.
Speaker 2: Nutlets won't need itself, will it?
Speaker 1: That's a lot of spreading anyway. It's true he's not as busy as he was. But because he's very he's very adaptable. Hughsy he's reptilian. Yeah, I always says, like a reptile. You know that he can survive and thrive in harsh environments. And so now because his life has slowed down like markedly, that he's not doing breakfast radio now he's all zen.
Speaker 3: Oh you must be thinking eye bloody. Tried to tell you, didn't I yeah, I told.
Speaker 4: You, I know.
Speaker 1: But it's only for this period. As soon as he starts his next big job, that will all go out the window again. But he's like a politician, you know, whenever they lose an election, they're always like, I want to spend more time with my family. Yes, you know, not during the eighteen proceding years anyway.
Speaker 2: So you're doing that and you're.
Speaker 1: Enjoying it very much. Oh yeah, he's just brought a podcast fan. Oh what he's bought a podcast fan?
Speaker 2: Well, how does that work? Is that the same as the slut shaming bus Kate, or are going to be different things?
Speaker 1: You're very keen to get on this this spark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love a little slut shaming. I've got ideas for you, Kate. Here's what I'm thinking. You have been to New York or any big sight seeing cities, and they've got those big almost double decker buses that have the glass top, and then they drive through New York and then all of a sudden, there's a flashmob. Right, there's just there's just and they watch it and they take their photos through the glass. Will you and a bunch of slut shamers can sit in this glass box, drive around the CBD and just yell out slut shame.
Speaker 1: Okay, brilliant. But here's the thing, and how you'll accommodate this. I don't know. We are at once the slut shamers and the slut Yeah.
Speaker 2: How is that gonna work it's self?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 2: When it work in the same way that I can go use such a puff exactly, Mitchell, Because I can, because I am correct.
Speaker 3: We can say the work.
Speaker 2: You can say the word, but then, ok, you've got to back it up with actual sluttiness. You can't just say you were a slight and come to work in you know, denim overall?
Speaker 1: Hang, I wonder if I take my top off underneath s on? Okay, all right, I'll take it off.
Speaker 2: She's unbuckling me overall.
Speaker 1: I'm unbuckling it. He have got an ex bra?
Speaker 2: Oh she does? Oh my goodness, bra? Have I gone on? I say, pink?
Speaker 1: Here we go, look pig.
Speaker 2: How did you know beautiful?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I can't. There's too much chop. But anyway, it's not the idea. Oh, there's a bit of chop. I've carried for children. I'm nation building, doing the work of the nation that you two have so far chosen not to do.
Speaker 2: We're trying, We're trying.
Speaker 3: I was saying not too long ago on the podcast that I actually feel quite robbed that I don't get to experience birth and being pregnant.
Speaker 2: I think, why the fuck should only women get to do that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Jealous?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why the fuck?
Speaker 1: Why? You know what?
Speaker 2: No one knows.
Speaker 1: Actually, neither of us could answer that. We're not scientists. We're not.
Speaker 2: That's the bee in my bottle.
Speaker 1: I wish, you know what, it's probably only hours away until there's a scientific breakthrough and you can.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: And do you know what, there's a lot of women who'd say, go at it, my fee Yes, bitch, go at it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give birth, but I think sometimes like the idea of making a child naturally is very appealing to me. I don't know, I'm just hard.
Speaker 1: I've been making a child naturally, you mean, like with one of my card.
Speaker 2: With a podcast or author TV. You're listening to is It.
Speaker 5: Just Me podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 2: Now, Kate, I want to know, do you miss radio, because I'm at the point where it's ten years in commercial radio for me next year, nine years on air. And I imagine you had this feeling of, like Jesus like to do a daily show. And I did two daily shows. It's a lot. So did you get that like burning? I imagine it's like you know, an old old candle melting down, you know, and just the clock kind of just just it kills you. Do you miss it? Do you miss the daily shows?
Speaker 1: I don't think I ever had that experience that. I mean, you're just doing breakfast, particularly you get tired, you know what. I like the communion with someone and the exchange of ideas and the exchange of energy and with the audience as well. But I'm not a person that misses things, so I don't really miss it. But which is not to say that I didn't love it and that I will in the future not love it again. And also because now Nathan and I are doing the buck up that you just get that little adrenaline shot. I mean, probably why you guys are not enjoying the podcast for with the full injection of you know, red blood vessels once Scott is because you're both tired from your other things.
Speaker 2: Pretty much, you've just hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 1: It's just what happens. And you know, tiredness or or the lack of newness of an experience when something becomes a chore. And it's not that you don't love it, it's just that it's a chore to be done and to be sandwiched amongst other things. You have a different relationship with it.
Speaker 2: You hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 3: It's not quite at the chore point yet, which is good, and you've called it before it gets to that exactly. You must be loving the difference between podcasting and radio though, like you're quite fond of light duties. I understand it's a lot less on your plate, right, but it scratches that same it it's just so so liberating and fun and it still has and it also has a it has more oxygen in it, I reckon.
Speaker 1: And because there's no interruptions, there's no there's no housework, there's no gend directors. Yeah, and not that i've ever, I've really never had a bad experience with them either, like really I've had a dream run. And also because I worked with Hughsey, who's so alpha. I think a lot of them were scared of him.
Speaker 2: Protective.
Speaker 1: You haven't even had a listening session in you know, twenty years Wow on Edge. I just yeah, we haven't had one.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: But that also goes to show you, guys, when you're doing no over Breakfast and then drive you When I first started A Kiss, you were on Drive on Kiss and I was on the street team and I hosted. You didn't offend.
Speaker 1: You were gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I was a KI twenty I loved it. But you guys were so good. Did you do that with your show that you like, you know, wanted to. You got to a point and you know, we can't make anything else like like what we're doing. You know, there's nothing else we've got to give, So we're leaving No with Breakfast.
Speaker 1: We did only because we were tired and Hughsey wanted to do more stamp up, which you could he couldn't do with Breakfast Radio. And because my eldest son, Lewis, had had leukemia. And that was when my youngest, the youngest of the four, was five months old. So I felt like I'd been ripped away from Yarnie, the little one. So I wanted to have some time at home with him, right, so we were both on the same page with what we wanted to do. But I think you get to a certain point, my mate, you know Timmy Blackwell, yeah, brilliant, he said to me. Once it just falls out of you and you get to the point where as his you would go, this isn't even work. When I said, I was going to easily goes why it's not even this is not even work. This is just a pleagier Why would you give it up? And we got to the point where it just falls out of you, where it's just so natural and so that it really doesn't feel like work, except that until AI catches up with us, you do have to be there.
Speaker 2: I agree. Yeah, it's coming for us all AI, Oh.
Speaker 1: Isn't it. And you know what, I'm sick of hearing that everyone says at the moment, and you know, people get into these bas phrases. No doubt this this was invented by chat GPT, which Also'm annoyed. We have to say GPT every time? Why do we Yeah, you're already training us to say things annoying. Yeah, yeah, anyway, people say you won't be replaced by AI, but you'll be replaced by somebody who knows how to use the I I'm not that the same fucking thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stop, just stop, just stop.
Speaker 1: You'll hear people say it now.
Speaker 2: It's also so unreliable AI.
Speaker 3: We've done a few experiments on the show, like couldn't replicate our voice, and it's so far from being able to replace this.
Speaker 2: It just gets it all wrong.
Speaker 1: I know. But we think that now. We're like, look, that man's got six fingers, but that's, you know what, an idiot. The robotsy idiots. But if you think how like quickly that has happened, I suppose, Yeah, they're coming for us. The sun has not set on us before. There will be a bit of audio of me. I can't even say what I'll be saying because then I will literally have said it and can't use the excuse that it say, oh I'm making me say it. But there'll be something preposterous or one of the three of us actually speaking of which sidebar, I've noticed on the buck up that you guys beep the F bomb.
Speaker 2: What's that about?
Speaker 1: You're allowed to say fuck here? I know, I know when we say it all we'd say it we say it, and sometimes we don't beep it, but sometimes we like to beep it.
Speaker 2: Why what's the difference between a bleach and non bleech.
Speaker 1: No, that's me. I just like sometimes to beep it. Yeah right, I just like their audio play of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I think so. And also sometimes you know, now Australians, all we can do is swear. There used to be a thing that when my husband would go to the footy, people would say, these kids around so you couldn't swear. But now you just here at the airport the other day there were two guys in high vis waiting and literally conversation and c and and c and then but they weren't even being aggressive. They literally we could not say a sentence without being punctuated by swearing. And so I think sometimes very.
Speaker 2: Burning it is.
Speaker 1: That's me too. I'm soper Verian swearing bear and.
Speaker 3: With my with with my language in lieu of the word. When I'm trying to think of the next thing, I'm like, oh, fucking.
Speaker 2: Can I get.
Speaker 1: That's just Australian.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, no, yeah, is the worst. Interviewed Stephen Fry last week and he said the same thing and he's one of the most intelligent funny Oh yes, how was about time? He was brilliant.
Speaker 1: You couldn't You couldn't expose him to Mitchell. Mitchell would be like what, No, it would be.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't work. I wouldn't understand.
Speaker 1: It needs a bit of Mitchell, like oil and water.
Speaker 2: You know, it had just stayed sort of But you know.
Speaker 1: What delicious salad dressing.
Speaker 2: I greet You're so right vinegar. Now you know I'm being a Mitchell.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: He said that his favorite thing to do is to say to say fuck. And he knows every word in the English language, in the Latin. So for that man to say I love to say in the latter. So if he is happy to say fuck, then all bets are off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, And I think did I don't know. Well, let's not get into the origin of the word of a word fuck. Was it Shakespeare or oh?
Speaker 2: I know he invented he was balloon? He invented balloon?
Speaker 1: Balloon?
Speaker 2: Yeah is a Shakespearean word. Google words invented by Shakespeare? Yeah, balloon? Oh No, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: In fact, a girlfriend of mine has in her kitchen a list of expressions that have come from Shakespeare and when you read it, of course I haven't committed any of them to memory, but when you read it, you're like, that's incredible, yea, in everyday usage.
Speaker 3: I know, you know.
Speaker 2: I'll give you one of them. I went down a rabbit hole of Shakespeare being gay on TikTok and the t it's a good amount of evidence. Read that man's work, and I mean that is a poof writing, if ever I've read it in my life. He is so gay? Really, can you give an example? Created No, he's gain just just the the iambic pentameter and the rhythm and the magic pta. Thank you you asked for examples. I mean you know that forty.
Speaker 1: Kids, the stripper is here.
Speaker 2: Off. I studied theater, That's all I know.
Speaker 1: I don't know he was like Kate, I am bic pentameter? Is that don't don't.
Speaker 2: Like? Is that?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can't couldn't remember what it was. He probably was gay. And also, let's face it, he was in the theater. And really but in those days where where the thrill the audience would get was being seeing a boy dressed up as a girl to see his ankles. What that those people imagine them on the slut shaming bus.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're in New York.
Speaker 1: They would.
Speaker 2: And they're so used to throwing rotten it's such a medieval and I am a scold.
Speaker 1: This whole powered vehicle show that I made rabbit? What fun?
Speaker 3: You know another thing I heard on your podcast not only slut shaming, but I was shamed in a way because there's something that you detest that I'm guilty.
Speaker 1: People who eat grilled fish, grilled fish. I'm a grilled fish, grilled fish loser. You know what? When I was at the airport on Monday night, this guy came up to me and he went, she had grilled fish last night, pointing at his wife. I said, she seems like a lovely woman.
Speaker 3: She's a loser. Don't you tell just by looking at me that i'd be a grilled fish eater? And also, what's your beef with grilled fish?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: It's just it's not It's just I can't explain to you what's wrong about it. It's like going into a cell with John Wayne Gacy and trying to explain, trying to explain that though his paintings are nice, there's several deplorable things about him.
Speaker 3: So she said on the podcast, somebody needs to be battered or fried, never grilled.
Speaker 2: No, no crumbed, crumbed or bamped or battered. Crumbed is good. I love a steamed fish. I'm sorry, and I'll stand by steamed fish.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: What how the fuck is steamed okay? To grilled does not question the logic of just the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not because sometimes you know, people order a huge steamed perch, you know, in an Asian restaurant, it's amazing. But grilled is just kind of depressing. Grilled fish, grilled flake, and I just can't handle.
Speaker 3: The crumbed shit because there's never enough sin between the crumb and the fish. They need to get along, they need to stick together.
Speaker 1: It's cut them, not a word of a line. I made crumbed fish for my family today. I went to the market. I had a something you two have never had. I had a fish craving.
Speaker 2: That was so fucking cheap, cheap shot.
Speaker 1: I went to the market and I got some what some what are the flat heead flaggedge asses, took them home and crumbed them. As it turned out, because I'm living with five students, so oppressive. They all came out of the woodwork, all of them, and then my beautiful platter of fish was gone. I had two pitiful little pieces left.
Speaker 2: A crowd pleaser, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, great crumbed fish. I'll make it for you, min Was there synergy between the crumb and also doing it at home? Do your listeners care about this?
Speaker 2: Idiots? Yeah, of course the idiots like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so corn Flight crumbs the best crumb, superior crumb. Never tried that Panco. Sometimes that might be where you lose your synergy a Panco crumb, but it's too large a crumb.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of crumb. I love that. This is the Kaitlin Brook legacy. I always see Melbourne socialites when they're sick. Joe Creasy, You'll go, I'm sick, I'm sick. Chrissy Swan Supers saved me.
Speaker 1: She dropped.
Speaker 2: She dropped off a metric ship turn at my front dop. Okay, Caitlin is just dropping off from grill.
Speaker 3: No, what is it?
Speaker 2: Crumb fish, crumb fish fish, that's your legacy. Very hard to drop off, it is it is? Yeah, what do you make that's good. We spoke about it last time, or you spoke about it. I think I've heard in the past you make a lasagna or a bolig Knaze, or Valvo does so.
Speaker 1: Valvo's mum lyan, you know, because his dad's Italian. Yes, Giuseppe couldn't be more Italian.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, did you fucking make that up?
Speaker 3: Surely it sounds like it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Lean makes a stunning ragu. Don't look at your fucking watch. I got that.
Speaker 2: No, I'll take it off and watches off.
Speaker 1: Was movie where he puts his grandfather's watch off his ass and it's some war movie.
Speaker 2: Couldn't tell you you're going to releave that saint.
Speaker 5: Thank god you're here.
Speaker 2: Vietnam ptsdad puts a watch.
Speaker 1: It's a comedy.
Speaker 2: We've not so sounds it. Yeah, we haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: No, I promise you it is. Anyway you're looking at your watch. No, lady likes that I took it off.
Speaker 2: I'm listening.
Speaker 1: You took it off after you've given it a good look.
Speaker 2: I checked the time is did you realize your story was thinking about Guseppe and hiss dumb rago? You went let me distract. Oh no, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was actually not Giuseppe's ragu So see those things, yeah, not just for hooking youth sunglasses on, also for Liz's Lynn's ragoo sh Anyway, she makes it stunning ragoo.
Speaker 2: I make a lot of food.
Speaker 1: I'm always feeding six people now seven now that my eldest son's got a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh oh h, I would kill gypsy beautiful.
Speaker 1: John Gaze, so what I said, look at my own come in my casman that chat GPT.
Speaker 2: And he does turn this on me? Can I just say every everything he said? Demituous, gorgeous hair, look at those nails. You called me fat. She's also heavily implied that I'm dumb. Don't worry, We're on the same I'm a boomerang beauty five years ago thought who is this? You're hot.
Speaker 1: I think you're beautiful. You've never been more beautiful. That's a compliment.
Speaker 3: And you know what her gorgeous co host Nate gives her ship. You know what he described her as He said, you look like someone that would smell like a dog. Yes, like that, you do smell like yeah, look like someone that would which I feel is worse.
Speaker 1: So do. I it was the worst, and then he but here's the beauty of him. He didn't even realize how horrendous that was until I shrieked in horror. He didn't realize, and then he tried to act like that's not an insult, and then he goes, surprisingly, you always smell good. I made everything. He was just like, he was like a man being marched to a shallow bush grave. He just kept digging.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, Well, I think the issue that is you can change your smell, but you can't change if you look like you smell like a wet dog, can you. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so he has a go at me for wearing a lot of jewelry, for having a lot of cushions in my head.
Speaker 2: I tell you sorry to interrupt.
Speaker 3: One time I was walking along listening to your podcast, and I have my little moot pack on and I was going insane, being like, what is that in my bag that keeps chickling my Keith? And then I stopped talking and the jingling continued, and I was like, it's Kate's fucking wangle.
Speaker 2: Had I was going insane.
Speaker 1: By the way, Sasha French is here, come around here, She's just like and you know what, Sasha French hates going through security with me at the airport. All the bloodles and some of them are really hard to get off, so you know that thing there are there's taking my epidermis off with them.
Speaker 3: Yep, I can't remember what I just interrupted. What were you saying, Kate?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. He was saying. How Valvo insulted me? Yes, yes, yeah, we got nothing but insult.
Speaker 2: We do love Valvo. If you haven't heard The buck Up, it's on iHeartRadio. Get it wherever you get your podcast Valvo. If you don't know who Nap is brilliant Australian comedian, is very, very funny and you two together are fantastic. We love it.
Speaker 3: And I did say before that I reckon our idiots will love The buck Up because you've got a very similar mantra to us, because we end every episode with we just want people to feel at least two percent better. That's all just two percent, what's yours?
Speaker 2: It's similar.
Speaker 1: That's our money back guarantee. And money back guarantee is that you'll feel better at the end of it the podcast than you do at the start, no matter how good you were feeling. It's really good because also, you know, people are into true crime, into true crime.
Speaker 2: I know I don't understand into it sick and twisted, but I love it. I love Case File. I love that.
Speaker 1: Probably everyone loves it. But it's like then, the same people are like that, it's too much violence in the world. Why do you think you've made it? You've made an industry out of it. Yeah, that's got to keep turning up those dead bodies under old floorboards or people ain't got nothing to listen to it.
Speaker 2: And we're running out of serial killers. You know, in the early days, I suck my teeth into dharma. He killed thirty thirty boy, and they go, oh, what about Gasey killed this many. I watched on the other night when he killed he killed two. I thought, I'll turn this off.
Speaker 1: No, that's right. People can't keep up.
Speaker 3: No, they can't keep up.
Speaker 1: What it's going to happen?
Speaker 2: What's next?
Speaker 1: Look at your watch? Tell me what time?
Speaker 2: I know what I'm straw reason that your.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous produce a sash is loitering. There is that cutting into your buck up called the buck up. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: We should let it go. Shouldn't we?
Speaker 1: Hey, Sash? What was that movie where the watch up? Comedy? It's a comedy movie and he puts his grandfather's watch up his ars or he gives it to someone. Is it pulp fiction? She doesn't know what the whites like. I'm mad like making things?
Speaker 2: Aren't let me go?
Speaker 1: Why are you good?
Speaker 2: What am I googling?
Speaker 1: I didn't know, but Mitchell's normally googling.
Speaker 3: He is when he's protesting Google, like all of unspeakable fucking.
Speaker 1: Things like big, careful, your algorithm is really yours probably won't change, Mitch during you know.
Speaker 2: I had watch up as anyway, I just had a war film in pulp fiction nineteen ninety four. You're right there, you guy, the relate relate relate.
Speaker 1: I mean have you watched that film? Yes?
Speaker 2: Haven't? You don't remember the watch the scene? There's a lot of that happens in that movie for that to be the takeaway.
Speaker 1: Also, I think there isn't a lot of actors I think do that speech as an.
Speaker 2: Audition, as a monologue. I think I did it at seventeen. I wonder I didn't get accepted into Juilliard. That's a show.
Speaker 1: I thought you would have done Shakespeare, O fellow.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am Pantam. Don't start me.
Speaker 1: And give me a little something from your theater.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Kate, this was so long ago. I don't honestly the way my brain works. And Mitch can attest to this. It's like one of those one of those edges sketches where like if I and a couple of days is a good bump for me, and I'm done, it's gone, chip wrapping. That's me. Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 1: Once it's gone, it's only good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dog, We love you. Thank you for coming back. This will be your last time on is just me in the podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm not that last time with the company of the YouTube beautiful mitches.
Speaker 2: No, no, it won't be.
Speaker 1: But I love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being You know what you said. Kate did support us in the early days, didn't she, Mitchell?
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: I love talent.
Speaker 2: I love talent. It's very sweet.
Speaker 1: I just think talent is Talent's not as common as the amount of podcasters would have you think. You know what I mean, But true talent is an extraordinary, uplifting thing and you.
Speaker 2: Two have it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: Thanks And I loved my moments with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kate. So have we most requested guests to come back to because we asked the idiots and they said, katelan Brook, do you have a name for your listeners?
Speaker 1: Buckwhip, bank knuckles, buckwheeps your buck knuckles buck face O.
Speaker 2: Buck face buckface is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, that's what we've got our people, and we're happy to welcome your idiots.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they'll be right at home. They'll be mygrading over to the buck up kitlyn Brook and Nathan Alvo. We love you, Katie, thanks for coming.
Speaker 1: Back, love you, love you bye, Damn suy.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to be back again on Wednesday. Guys, second the last episode in the history. If you're a sporting type, Yeah, that's it for us. Catch you soon by you they're idiots?
Speaker 5: Is it to me? A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to add REEFOURD. Secret segment on the end, we pretend the show is done, but it is not. Did anyone else clock that mispronunciation from Cherry right at the end there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was HARKing back to blind Ready and.
Speaker 1: We're happy to welcome your idiots.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they'll be right at home. They'll be maya grading over to the buck up, maya grating, may great, maya grading instead of migrating.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the same as blinds and blind you just add an extra syllable. There, maya grating.
Speaker 2: Now, Jenna, did you want to address the rumors? On which one we don't have talium? The fact that you are biosexual? I don't know why I said that. Maya grading just slips out. Yeah, you are. My favorite genre of movie always has been at the true crying.
Speaker 1: Fi.
Speaker 3: Now I assume, Jenna that your eulogy at the funeral on the weekend, yes, will have made so many people cry you. Yeah, well, they wouldn't have been a dryer in the.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that's cute. Should we talk about Wicked? Sure? Have we all seen it?
Speaker 4: No? I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting what the fuck you're waiting for for my mom.
Speaker 2: Because I sat awake?
Speaker 4: No, I know my mom and I have been planning to see it together and she's in dubble at the moment with everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that checks up. Have they got a cinema and Dubble. Yes they do. Maybe you can do that after the funure.
Speaker 4: That's actually I was actually planning for how many people does it?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 4: It's a normal cinema really yeah, but there's only like four cinema yeah, get you if is.
Speaker 3: There anything like the one in Orange. I've not been to the one in Dubble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the identical to the Orange.
Speaker 3: Is it gold class? It's still there.
Speaker 2: Oh I went to a lounge. I went to a hot st Can I tell you these I might being paid to say this, but Hoyts do lounges and oh my god, it was like you're at home. It was a full lounge, no divider cushions. You could just sit with you like I said with Stephen, put my feet up on a puff. Then I said, Stephen, get up and my legs on a puff. And then it was incredible, like and there was like twenty five seats in the cinema. It felt like gold. There was this like not quite gold class. It's the middle classy. It's called Hoints Lounge, but it was the same same ish price as a normal ticket. I loved it. I really liked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because yeah, the seats do get uncomfy, especially if the movie is as fucking long as Wicked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know in Europe, I didn't know this. There's legislation that says that if a movie goes for over an hour forty minutes, there must be an interval for ten minutes. Really. Yeah, so there's an interval in the European screening of Wicked. Yeah, you know what we need to normalize.
Speaker 3: By the way, what was that player I went and saw last week in dinner August. Yeah, I'll never I'll never be able to remember.
Speaker 2: Oh brilliant.
Speaker 3: But also we need to normalize having two intervals. It was a three and a half hour show with two intervals fifteen minutes each. And I was like, oh, that's perfect because you now one half of the show sometimes drags on a bit and you're like checking the watch, bloody intomission. Yet it was great because both times we had into mission.
Speaker 2: I was like, yes, how good is that? Did you like the show? Yes?
Speaker 3: So good, outstanding as you would expect. My favorite actress from Wentworth.
Speaker 2: I nearly said Wicked couldn't have more different. How good are plays?
Speaker 3: I love with a play?
Speaker 4: Love plays?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's our next sort of venture yeah, what plays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I was thinking as I was watching that, oh god, owt and they remember all those lines. I don't know, I've got to cut out.
Speaker 2: What's the cut for it? Yeah, yeah, I don't have the chops. Actually, yeah, that's very strict. Yeah, you're right, we're all thinking it. So I'm glad you said it. I'm the only one with any actual theatrical experience.
Speaker 4: We have theatrical experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm talking about people paid to see it.
Speaker 3: Didn't you say that you were in August Osage County scenes from New York, which ones, Oh, Mitchell, I could not tell you.
Speaker 2: I was a man.
Speaker 3: I was a brother because after seeing the play at Belvoir Street Theater in Sydney, I highly recommend, I was thinking, I want to know what fucking lines he was reading.
Speaker 2: I was a brother, Oh my god? Really? Yeah, the one that fucks his cousin. Yeah, in breg Little Dog, because I was getting confused with Angels in America, which is a gay AID play.
Speaker 3: So you're either dying of aids or in Britt Mitchell, that is all that theater, That is all theater.
Speaker 2: School is a nineteen year old kid, You've got no life experience. You're still in the closet, you don't know your sexuality, your fuck, your cousin, and you're riddle with aids and my wife was leaving. It pays in US dollars and I'm like, I love.
Speaker 3: It here anyway, it's been a long episode.
Speaker 2: I want to give my thoughts on Wicked.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, fuck, yeah, yeah thoughts. He went into more detail about the lounge than.
Speaker 2: The actual film.
Speaker 1: No spoilers, though I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was great. I thought Cynthia was b brilliant, a perfect, a perfect alphabet. I really thought she was great. Hated Bach, thought he was shocking. Want to punch Ethan Slater right in the munchkin face just the character or his portrayal, the portrayal, his portrayal, his portrayal, but his portrayal, Yes, And I don't I'm not. I don't get the hype around Jonathan Bailey, I love.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know him from a block of safe, but I thought he was really good at Farah because he isn't in Bridgeton or something. Yeah, a lot of girls there were getting.
Speaker 2: Weddies for him.
Speaker 4: But he's gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's what? Oh that changes everything? Does the only thing I was shocked by, or I actually liked with the little moments that in the production on on Broadway. You watch and you go, that's fine how they did it, Like the prosthetic line in the cage like in the Broadway shows like a little puppet, but then in here, I'm like, oh, yeah, it's like a stey can do it, a cgi yeah. And then all the animals that are around, like when Alphabet gets born and there's just a bear as the midwife.
Speaker 3: Were you also tempted to get up and piss during the Doctor Diloman disaster.
Speaker 2: Doctor Dillarman, but doctor Dilloman subplot is my favorite. He was like, just want to fucking kick him. There's something about that character to connect with him and feel so for him. If you want to kicking that. I love poppies. Fuck off, Oh, Michelle you I was good as well as Doctor Beatrice Madame Marrablerange.
Speaker 3: My only beef with that is that the stage version of Wicked that I've seen, the person that played Madame Marrable she was the original freak on Wentworth, not Pamela Ray, like the prisoner eighties version.
Speaker 2: What's her name? What's her name? Again the original freak on Wentworth.
Speaker 3: So she did Madame Marrable and she did this thing where she screams people of ohs, like addressing people through a microphone, and she goes, we must find her this wickduitch and it sent chills through the whole theater.
Speaker 2: Was so scary because she just shrieked.
Speaker 4: Maggie kirk pats Maggie kirk Patti. I could a scene with her at acting school.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we'll come back to that. Let me make my point.
Speaker 3: But the movie version, the movie version, she basically whispered it. She goes, this dustosh, this repulsion, this wicked witch.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no pelt it oh Goday. Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't know what the fuck.
Speaker 3: You did a scene with Maggiel Patrick.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Yeah?
Speaker 4: When well, it wasn't actually our acting school. It was at this like screen testing thing that I went to and I was auditioning in front of agents for TV commercials and she was the scene partner.
Speaker 3: And you forgotten her fucking name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew it was Kirkpatrick, personal.
Speaker 2: Friend, Maggie kirk Patrick. I did a scene with Sarah Snork and then I like when I was a kid, and then when I interviewed her, I was like, oh, wish she didn't remember.
Speaker 4: Maggie remembers.
Speaker 2: I don't think she does. We all quickly end of the show on all high note competition. You see if we can all hit the defined gravity.
Speaker 3: Note controversial opinion, I'll play it hang on. This is obviously the original riff controversial cent. I think that Cynthia overdid it, like over riffed a bit. She had know she wanted to make it her own, but I was like everything else in the movie was sticking to the stage show, and then she just went a bit roight when.
Speaker 2: She's like, ha, like too much. Yeah, yeah, m a going.
Speaker 3: Oh god, my throat already hurts at the thought or trying to do this.
Speaker 2: That was not bad.
Speaker 3: Oh god, your tongue stuck out like looks like a puppet.
Speaker 2: All right, den to Paddington Bear. That's what I'm meaning, sho.
Speaker 3: We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today. That's all just two percent. Two more episodes to go, guys, Semi time or coming to you from Bode Engage Wednesday's episode and then the big finale.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is time next week. We got guys, we got it. We love you, Thank you for listening, will chat to you very soon.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 5: Is It Just Me a podcast by a couple of mechas.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.