Speaker 1: Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast, Sweety Pies. It is so great that you are here, Happy Monday. What is a day? Let's just get rid of them. I agree, let's bring back numbers, no days. It's very confusing. If you have time and you're interested, please leave us a review on Apple, on Spotify, anywhere you can. It does help. I'm not sure how, but it is nice to see a whole number up there, like preferably five. But we'll take a four point nine.
Speaker 2: No, don't say that.
Speaker 1: I mean what you can only maintain a five if you only have five stars, right, I want to get anything less than a five. It's going to be a four point nine.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Today we're talking about that age humbling and also have a hotel in the workplace. It is a very fun show. I'm going to get to it now.
Speaker 1: Mummy, can I listen to Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms on Kata. We're not done talking about the Women's World Cup. I'm emphasizing the Women's World Cup because I've seen some I've heard some men about how you know to preface it with women is to segregate it from it being generally a World Cup. I want a platform and highlight that it's the women's World Cup. You know, let's not just like squeeze it together and make it seem like this the fanfare is due to it just being a World Cup. This is different people. Number one, they love chicks and number two they love chicks and sports.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, this is a long time coming.
Speaker 1: The chicks are the ones who broke these records. Babe. Okay, let's all of a sudden now it's not take out. The women's were all one, no separated. I want to hear the women before the World Cup. Thank you so much. Now we have talked about before. Someone say we were haters. I was apathetic. Well here's the thing. There haven't been very few occasions where the world, and when I say the world, i'm in Australia has popped off in solidarity with any kind of movement. For a brief moment, it was COVID. We really came together on that one as a community, wouldn't you say, but better for worse.
Speaker 2: March fifth onwards. Yeah, the solidarity was popping on.
Speaker 1: We were one, we were suffering together, we were healing together, we were growing together. We were snitching.
Speaker 2: Together, yes, thank you, gladys.
Speaker 1: Then that dried out, as all things do. Then there was Fred again out off nowhere. Everyone suddenly, babe.
Speaker 3: We were at Lane Way and I saw like hords of people running running to the stage.
Speaker 1: It was running, olyptic. We've never seen anything like it, running to see this man. I just couldn't sade them. Why do Why has everyone decided overnight? They're obsessed with this guy, obsessed with his music. They all know the history, they all know the law. Until it was our turn, well, the Women's World Cup hosted by Australia. And suddenly what flex and rooms are watching televised sports? Are they? Flex and frooms know a little something about football, do they? And they do? And we're going to eat it up. And I was trying to draw comparisons between why we weren't hit before with the contagion, like we're being hit now. And so I did my little research on how contagion works, please thank you. And I'm not talking viral contagion. I'm talking social contagent. And the only thing that I can gather is it's spread by close contact. And that's the one thing that we didn't really have when it came to fred again. We didn't have close contact. Yes, we might have had a few friends here and there loving it, but we didn't have the emotional contact with it. We didn't have the social contact we got on after the peak of the pandemic, the fread again pandemic, not COVID. But with the World Cup, we were right on time, ready to be infected a worthy host. Some might say vitil ground for pandemonium. And so what I will say is that if you didn't and if you weren't able to participate in the World Cup, hype, talk to your immune system.
Speaker 2: Your friends in your immune system.
Speaker 3: The last time that I remember us being this hype about sport, more specifically women's sport, Kathy Freeman two thousand. Yeah, so that was like that was the Olympics in Australia in Sydney. Sydney's never recovered, it's never gotten to that peak. But I recommend now that the World Cup is over, go on TikTok, right, Kathy Freeman.
Speaker 1: Olympics and let you algorithm do the rest you will.
Speaker 3: Your heart will race, you will definitely well up because that was just wow. Today, I'm coming with you FLEXI with a bit of a consideration, something to consider amazing in this day and age. I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and wondering, does what you consume have a greater impact on you than you.
Speaker 2: Give credit for. Absolutely, I have been watching a lot of Sex in the City.
Speaker 3: I recently became a Sex and the City devote as of January this year, I click my fingers, it's currently August. The only thing that I've been watching regularly is Sex and the City.
Speaker 1: Really so much so that I and again and again.
Speaker 2: Well, I watched all six seasons.
Speaker 3: I've gone back. I'm now on season two, episode ten, so we're very much in deep. And I was having a conversation with my friend who's doing Sex and City and she's also on the dating apps, and she's like, I need a break from online dating, and I also need to stop watching Sex and the City. And instantly it made sense. I'm like this, she said to me. She's like, I feel like I'm going on heaps of dates because I'm watching the show and they obviously go on.
Speaker 2: Dates every episode.
Speaker 1: Oh they do, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: They're always dating someone new, someone always has something new, which is why I love it. But she's like, it's actually like influencing how I feel about dating, give me like a negative outlook. And I thought, yeah, damn, I need to stop watching Sex and the City and just try something new, try something that like opens my mind or read a fiction book and like be immersed in another world. And it just got me thinking, like are you very conscious of what you watch? Or sometimes do you have like a guilty pleasure?
Speaker 1: When I used to visit a psychotherapist and I only went because I had my first panic attack and I was like, I can't live like you people.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not great, so give me some tools. And he was like, it's very normal that I'm not a normal girl. So he asked me. He's like what kind of media do you consume? He's like, are you discerning about that? And I was like, what do you mean? He's like, are you one of those people? This is after I told him I have nightmares consistently and he was like, well, do you watch a bunch of thrillers and horrors and do you listen to quite melancholy music? And I was like of course and he was like, well, as I've said before, if your brain can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy. What work do you think that your brain is doing to comprehend these things that you're consuming with your literal eyes. Wow? And so from there I had to be really mindful the TV show in the movie when I can do quite well, like I don't watch a lot of horror and thriller these days, and I'm trying to just do my little action movies, you know. But the music I find to be really difficult because the subject matter of a lot of popular music is quite negatively geared, because it's still emulate stronger emotions. It's heartache, it's spite, it's like drugs, party vibe, which is cool, but I find it very difficult to swap out music. And I've made playlists that are just optimistic, but it's got one hundred songs and I can't really do much with that. So, yes, I am mindful. And when I find that I can't be more discerning about the music that I listen to, then I just pick different hobbies. Like I do a lot of reading, and I play a lot of games, cute cooking games, garden games. Empty at the brain.
Speaker 2: I love that give it a clean sweep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bleach.
Speaker 2: Good to think about everyone.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and rooms on kator. Once and for all, we need to answer the question. It's cropped up, it's been controversial, it's hurts some feelings. Yet here we are. Does Melbourne have a staring problem?
Speaker 2: I'm curious you don't know. I'm a Melbournian. Yeah, so I could be part of the problem. I want to implicate myself at this time, but please say less and say more.
Speaker 1: So uh TikTok use it by the name of tay dot and Delfato has said that when I moved to Melbourne for a fun UNI experience and good night life, and instead I get a horrendous workload and a whole city with a staring problem, to which I say, the comments will explain what's happening here. Here are some of the top comments. Everyone in Melbourne has a staring problem. I swear to God, most livable city of all time, even the baby stair is Is it a staring problem or is it people watching?
Speaker 3: Oh well, we don't have any nice things to look at. It's quite a drab outlook.
Speaker 1: And the last one, which confused me and sounded a bit victim, blamey, We're just curious. People don't take offense.
Speaker 2: Be serious.
Speaker 1: Is it a real thing? Because this is enough. This is a viral video. This is thirty one point three thousand likes and how many views are we talking right now? Three hundred thousand? Enough people have confirmed.
Speaker 3: I would love to know where she's from, because in my experience between the two cities. In Sydney, people point blank don't look at you. You're walking down the street in the neighborhood, no one's looking at you. In Melbourne, when I walk down a like semi suburban street, still inner city vibes. If you catch some one's eye, they will smile at you. If you smile them, they will say good morning.
Speaker 1: What about in the city Smith Street, Collingwood, Oh, Smith Street? Oh are they staring there? What about Fed Square?
Speaker 2: Fed Square?
Speaker 1: There? Are they staring there?
Speaker 2: There's a few random things going on.
Speaker 1: So let's say, for once and for all, does Melbourne have a staring problem.
Speaker 2: I'll let the audience decide.
Speaker 1: Okay, take time, tech time, tech time. It's tech time with flex and prooms on kater push it to the next level.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, guys, So just picture this picture in your mind's eye, and we're going to put this video on social so you can see for yourself. Imagine you're in Habo Hotel. Literally, the graphics of it look like hab A Hotel. You're in an office which you can customize with like custom digital furniture. You're tapping away again, you're in your actual home, but you're also here in the digital office. You walk out, say something to your boss. It is just like, I don't know how I'm upset that this has happened post covid in the fact that we're going to talk about it later. But like like Zoom wants us, they want their employees to do your office like be serious. So Kumo Space. Check it out for yourself. If you work in a small company, I'd say start pestering the boss. I don't know how much it cost the month, but.
Speaker 1: I'm worth Oh, I see here. It's free if you only have five registered members, and then the lowest plan is eight dollars per month, eight US dollars. I will say, though, I'm a bit confused as to what it's going to replace or where it's going to add value. So you can chat, you can share statuses, you can screenshare and you can record, but like it's not going to replace Slack, Like you don't have separate channels or anything. It kind of replaces just the chat function of teams or the chat function of Slack. So I guess the novelty is that you can set it up to be fun. Yeah, which you'll need to be using other platforms. Yeah, oh, early days, early days. Let's see how it evolves, because it will evolve if you ever't.
Speaker 2: But like, I don't know about you. Did you play Haber Hotel?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: How crazy you think we could have been talking on Haber Hotel at some point, but in actuality, I was probably talking to a fifty year old. Nikki, our wonderful producer to the Stars recently asked me, was there a moment in life where you were age humbled? First and foremost, let's get a definition of age humbled. Of course, it's not in the dictionary. It might be in urban dictionary, but essentially it's when you think you're a certain age but you're either perceived as older, you're perceived as younger. Essentially your age you have been humbled and perhaps take it down a notch by somebody else's perception of your age.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought it was more. When have you been personally humbled yourself about your age? When if you had to like bring yourself down to earth.
Speaker 2: Oh it's that as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, definitely, so thinking about age humbling, I reckon I get it like quite badly because when I was younger, I'd spend a lot of time with older people, so I've always felt like the youngest. I'm the youngest child on my dad's side of the family, and all my cousins are really old, so great, but yeah, but now I'm like, damn, like we're all in the same age back at now, however, I will say I was age anti humbled. The other day, in what was still quite a negative experience, I was driving from Melbourne to Sydney and obviously stopping off for every McDonald's stop of at McDonald's twice per drive, just to give me some semblance of peace and also socialization. And I was in the toilet, don't remember which one it was, I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: So you don't go there.
Speaker 3: But I was in the bathroom and this kid, I'm washing my hands and this boy is in the bathrooms all with his mum.
Speaker 2: He says, I don't like that girl.
Speaker 1: What I was like, I have We were just speaking about how kids and babies know, like you know your heart. If kids smile at you, that's number one, that's number one. And kids always say she's a princess mummy to me.
Speaker 2: So I don't like that girl.
Speaker 1: So I said, Okay, how old was he? What are we talking?
Speaker 2: Like six or seven?
Speaker 1: Oh vocabulary? Yeah? Yeah, but in year two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was embarrassing. Whoa for the mum?
Speaker 1: Oh? Like she was vibe You think it was just.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I was wearing tracksuit pants, like, no makeup. I was kind of giving a slothly vibe about me. I say, natural, okay, I will say, like, don't I don't really have a resting bitch face.
Speaker 1: I don't think are You're a very pleasant looking person. Yeah yeah, I'm always got some sort of a pleasant disposition. Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I wasn't bringing any negative vibes to the toilet. I was in actually a fantastic boyant mood. He just read me wrong, or perhaps he's seeing an enner demon coming in right through.
Speaker 1: He was poor.
Speaker 2: It was a humming experience of me being like, oh, that hurts. It hurts. I wonder if there's this is kind of contribution for a time.
Speaker 1: I did, what's wrong with that kid?
Speaker 3: No, but like I kind of did, and I was like, you know what, though, this is a really great learning that, Like I remember when I was a kid, I was like, I will never be a mean adult. And in that moment, I felt a little bit spiteful. I was a little bit upset. I did want to give him a dirty eye, but I thought, got to think of the pledge I made when I was like seven, being like I will never be a mean adult.
Speaker 2: Mickey. What was your age humbling moment.
Speaker 4: It's not really a specific moment, more of like a revelation I had. I was like in the bottle shop the other day, you know, picking up goods, and I got id'd and I thought to myself, I haven't been id in a very long time. And then I started to notice I'm only being idd with my boyfriend because he looks young.
Speaker 3: Ah interesting, so he's like bringing down the median age, and so I was like, I'm I would definitely think you could be under eighteen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Micky.
Speaker 2: You've got a little baby.
Speaker 4: Face that's really It's truly sweet, guys, because the people at the Bottle Jump don't need to think so.
Speaker 1: So crusty, died up dusty.
Speaker 3: Wait no, wait, because I gotta idea you if you look under twenty five.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's what they're legally meant to do.
Speaker 2: And again they're just letting me through.
Speaker 3: Always a very humbling experience, no matter where you are, absolutely in scale.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio