Speaker 1: Laura, come on, we're back.
Speaker 2: We are back. Baby had a little.
Speaker 3: Mini vacate, didn't we did? I want to be in Fiji. It was so beautiful. But the honeymoon that wasn't a honeymoon.
Speaker 2: I went on my honeymoon everyround six months after the wedding, mind you, but took my kids and took my sister and her kids. Four children in the one house. Is a little bit less honey happened on that moon than what I would have liked.
Speaker 3: All right, did everybody watch the wonderful Laura Burne on Dancing with Stars last night?
Speaker 4: Stars Dancing. She was so good we cut a word out of the title she danced with stars? I did.
Speaker 2: I danced with stars in my eyes and look I did the fox trot. And I'm going to say this, I'm going to sound like a soul loser, but I think I was robbed. Gave me a six and he can kiss my eyes.
Speaker 3: You have said, right since we're starting, you like robbed, robbed, robbed, And I was like, oh, I'll just go with it.
Speaker 4: She's not robbed. That wasn't a good performance last night.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. You were robs. That was it was beautiful. It was a motive. I could feel what was going on between you. I got the storyline a six that was not a s.
Speaker 5: I agree, and you're acting Laura. I felt like I was watching a year ten drama performance.
Speaker 1: It was so performance.
Speaker 2: It was such a performance that he's lost for if you missed it, it was it was like a breakup. I had to pretend like I was very in love with my dance partner, Danil Matt had said to me, my husband, he was like, if I don't feel jealous from watching that performance, then you haven't done a good enough job. And I asked him how he felt halfway through and his response was not jealous, it was aroused. There's something else we need to talk about.
Speaker 1: I unpack that for sure.
Speaker 2: I think I just need to unpack that with my therapist.
Speaker 1: That's a thing.
Speaker 2: Do you know what else has just come out in the world of reality TV?
Speaker 1: The Bachelor?
Speaker 2: We have just had it announced that there are three new Bachelors happening this season filming in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: How do we feel about the lineup?
Speaker 5: We will, Yeah, We'll get to that because I've got hard feelings and Britain has a connection with some of them.
Speaker 4: In a way. I do have a bit of a kition.
Speaker 5: All will be revealed next. Let's start the show. Oh by the way, of course, Taylor Swift's Air as Well tour is coming to Australia. You guys know, we have all the free Taylor Swift tickets here.
Speaker 2: We have all the tickets here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's coming up soon.
Speaker 5: We got a whole entire row for you and all your friends on the way here at the pickup. It's the pickup Monday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch Hi. Everyone rushing to Chemists ware House to get half priced off the Nature's Own Vitamin range.
Speaker 1: It excludes bulk sizes. You get Chemists ware House, you get great savings. It's every day.
Speaker 2: Did you hear the news that did not stop the nation? Maybe it paused the nation for all of about a second before. Yeah, they saw it and they went and then they carried on with their day. But it was some news. The new bachelor's and I say bachelors because once again there's three of them have just been announced over the weekend. Now I have a soft spot for the bachelor, as I mean, some of you might know I met my husband on the Bachelor. It used to be a formula for successful relationships. Fifty percent of the relationships that have come out of the Bachelor have been successful. British, I have.
Speaker 4: Less of a soft spot. Okay, I love it, but love that for you. You got happy ending.
Speaker 2: Great met my husband, got a couple of kids. Worked out well for me. This year, they're doing the whole three bachelor thing again, but I feel like it didn't go that well last year, so I don't understand why they have decided that they will push forward with the format. These are the most desirable men that we could find in the whole of the country. Luke Bateman, he's a former NRL player. He likes to write poems and he has known just why. He's a country boy, and he used to be a footy head and now he's a softie.
Speaker 3: I love that I'm looking at right now, definite like footy player.
Speaker 4: Physique, very stocky's stocky. He looks really nice.
Speaker 2: He's got a smile.
Speaker 1: He does have a nice smile, poetic smile. He's got a colieflowery or too. On further inspections.
Speaker 2: His last year he does player, so he hit around the head a few to me. That's why he's I reckon, he's like, if I was going to go off looks, i'd pick him. I think he looks. Okay. Sorry, Number two we've got here. His name is Wesley Cortez. He's a Brazilian student who's also an influencer. So not only could we not find, we've found someone who doesn't even have their permanent residency.
Speaker 1: I don't think hold on, hold on, he's doing this for a green card, not love.
Speaker 2: No, he needs to stay in Australia. So he's gone on a reality TV show.
Speaker 4: That'd be a red flag for me. I don't know if you actually want to be here, sort of like the Honey Badger.
Speaker 1: Totally yeah, look very same, very well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've said he's an influencer, but I mean, and not to be like he's only got thirty thousand followers, but he's only got about thirty thousand followers.
Speaker 1: Who's the influencer?
Speaker 5: Says he has appeared in several short films. He's one of those that he's been cast because he's clearly an actor.
Speaker 1: I don't believe any of this.
Speaker 2: I think it's in short films, okay, right, and then the third guy that we have, which is once again Top of Australia, is a guy named Ben Woodell. Now. He is an ex model. He he works in film. I don't know, some sort of like maybe he works on the producing side of it now but also works on the acting side of it. There seems to be a common theme here.
Speaker 4: I reckon Ben's hot. Yeah, he's pretty good looking.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait wait wait, wait, Brittany Hockily because we've got something to unpack in a moment. The common theme is that there's a lot of actors happening in this year's casting. Yeah, but Pritt turns out that maybe you have a little bit of connection with our Ben Wodell.
Speaker 3: Okay, funny story. I wouldn't say connection. But when they announced this just was it just yesterday? Yeah, when they announced this, I was like, oh my god, that guy looks really familiar. And then I saw the name and I was like, hang on a minute. I went into my DMS and he and I had He had slid into my DMS back in It was in October and we were chatting from October to November, and I had met my current partner.
Speaker 4: Band in November. So I went back through our DMS. He slid in and he.
Speaker 3: Was like, I'm not going to go into it right, I'm not going to detail it because that's rude. But he did say, you know, my friend told me to follow you because I think she thought would be a good match, and boy was she right. And that was how it started. He's really funny. He was very charismatic in the DMS.
Speaker 4: I don't have a bad word to say about him. We just I just ghosted him for some reason. At the end, I don't say you never met up.
Speaker 2: He asked you out you never met up.
Speaker 3: Well, we've bantered back and forth for a while, and I seem to have a theme with this. Remember this happened with Jimmy from The Bachelor, which Jimmy and I have laughed about it now.
Speaker 4: Jimmy and I had.
Speaker 3: Also been talking before he became the Bachelor, and I also accidentally ghosted him.
Speaker 4: Ben seems great.
Speaker 3: Obviously there was nothing there because he was supposed to go on and be the Bachelor. But he was very charismatic, very witty. So I think he's going to go on this show and be a bit of a smooth operator.
Speaker 4: That was the vibe I got. But I never met the guy.
Speaker 1: No, but it wasn't for you. He just wasn't. He didn't didn't really.
Speaker 3: I obviously wasn't in the right place. But two weeks later I was because that's when I met Ben.
Speaker 1: But don't take it personally, Ben, but it's very personally.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I did a little bit of diggy and it turns out maybe he will be very good at reality TV because he's had a bit of experience. He's actually been on another reality TV show before in the past, one that was in the UK and it was called Taking New York.
Speaker 5: See, that is the problem with this stuff. I can't stand it when they cast actors and people that just want game, they just want to beamers.
Speaker 4: I'm going to disagree with you. I do one hundred pcent disagree.
Speaker 3: I think it's okay to be somebody that's out going and love's entertainment and still want to find love. So I'm going to go against the grain with.
Speaker 4: You on that one.
Speaker 3: Just because they've done shit in the past doesn't mean it's they can't go and find love on a show as well.
Speaker 4: Doesn't mean that they.
Speaker 2: Can't go on to show fine love and get lots of Instagram followers.
Speaker 5: And the Blue Tick Yeah yeah, and get ghosted by Brittany Hockey. It's a ride a basket. Excuse me.
Speaker 3: Maddie j was a model before he became the Bachelor, so there are people.
Speaker 2: Don't. Don't drag my husband into this catwalk stories.
Speaker 5: We can't wait to see The Bachelor Australia. It's coming to Channel ten to ten play very soon.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Next, we've got a full row of tickets for you and your friends to see Taylor Swift at the Era's World Tour. Like you and your friends, Oh, take them? Yeah, and we got them for you coming up in the minutes. Here at the pickup Monday on the pick up britt Laura and mit Chad in the chemisware house today a great savings every day, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, you know I I'm the take head of the show.
Speaker 5: I love proclaimed you social media or please whenever your phone's broken, she comes crying to me, help me.
Speaker 2: Knows nothing about technology. She doesn't even know how to open up Gmail.
Speaker 4: That's a lie. I've run our entire business for three years.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen.
Speaker 5: What you guys do, what you guys thrive on is social media and there's a new app in the game and.
Speaker 1: It's called Threads. You guys across Threads.
Speaker 2: Oh, look, I've heard of it. I have not downloaded it. I've not looked into it.
Speaker 4: I am entirely across it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Threads is owned by Meta, which is the parent company that owns Facebook and Instagram.
Speaker 1: Mark Zuckerberg, essentially.
Speaker 2: He owns everything.
Speaker 5: And it's a Twitter killer. That's what it's been branded as a Twitter killer. It's basically it's a ripoff of Twitter. All it is is a place for you to start conversations, post topical things political with you and your friends, memes, jokes. It is purely think of it like threads. Like you say something, someone comments and it creates a little thread of you don't want to love.
Speaker 2: I love that they've tried to frame it as something different. I did read that they were calling it microblogging, and it's literally Twitter. Elon Musk was apparently going to sue him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll sue the Zuckerberg is.
Speaker 4: It's called Twitter killer.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk, who owns Twitter, threatened to sue Mark Zuckerberg because this app has set new records. It's now sitting at one hundred million downloads since Thursday. It launched on Thursday. Here are some points of difference. Just because I know neither of you are jumping at the thought sign up.
Speaker 2: Also because I know nothing about it, I don't see the point in trying to get my thoughts across in like twenty words or.
Speaker 1: I message Laura. I'm like, have you heard about Threads?
Speaker 5: She's like, get a pair of sciss and cut it off at the base. I'm like, oh, that's an app. It's an app, Laura, It's very different.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 5: The difference is no DMS. It's only Threads. You can only post, there's no chat, there's no way to send photos on memes to friends, no DMS at all. You can set your account to public or private. It mirrors your Instagram, so when you create it, because it's owned by Meta, you can sing all of your Instagram followers, all of your friends, all the people that already follow you can automatically follow you. It's pretty incredible. Downside to that is if you download Threads and you want to delete it, the only way to delete it is to delete your Instagram profile.
Speaker 3: No, that's actually true, but there is a way around that.
Speaker 2: Stop posting on threads.
Speaker 1: Take it over here, Britt, you're breaking news.
Speaker 4: I told you.
Speaker 3: Because you think I'm not across it, I downloaded threads. Guys, I'm on threads. I've never tweeted in my life. I don't even know what a tweet is. But I have threaded, I have sown, I have done whatever the threading thing.
Speaker 5: I through the needle really well. Message me and she said, Mitch, is this something that I need to be a part of? And I said yeah, I think so. And then she said can I make money on it? And I said no, and she said then I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: Well no, hang on, you exaggerated that. I was curious, and I said, is this something you make money on? Like?
Speaker 4: Is this something people are going to post ads on?
Speaker 3: Purely because I wouldn't have done it because you said you can't make money and I'm on there.
Speaker 1: There's no ads you can't put out on You.
Speaker 3: Actually can't everyone. This is the crazy thing, right, one hundred million people signed up. No one read the terms and conditions. It came out once a hundred million people were on there that you can't ever deleted it without doing your Instagram. You're right, but what you can do is just turn off your thread up?
Speaker 2: Can I just say? Is so annoying because all it means is that they're going to claim that there's all these accounts on threads and so many of them are going to be dormant because it's going to be so many people who don't have active accounts, which is like spam accounts. It just sounds annoying. It sounds like another thing that's going to keep me on my phone and I don't want it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're not sold.
Speaker 5: Britain has it, but she like fell on a keyboard and she just sent out like four essays it wasn't a real thread, and thousands.
Speaker 2: Of responses to those, and you are like, well into the thread.
Speaker 1: I've gone thread viral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've gone thro Producer Tony here on the show.
Speaker 1: Do we have a threads for the pickup?
Speaker 3: Perhaps we don't, but we can get one if everyone if we're doing a little vote here, but we'll.
Speaker 2: Never be able to delete it forever.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm voting threads for the pickup, Britt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I don't have to do anything on there, no producing Tony is like, sure, I'll just do another job off the show why.
Speaker 4: Alright, I went on there. I threaded three times.
Speaker 3: Everyone was threading and I was like, oh, panicking, So I threaded three times.
Speaker 4: Then I went off and I haven't been on there since.
Speaker 2: What was your first thread? Britt?
Speaker 3: My first thread here says literally never tweeted in my life.
Speaker 4: Pray for me. That was what I did.
Speaker 3: I'm not about it as somebody that's been on there. Maybe my mind will be changed, but I probably will never thread again because I just think there's what's the point, Like, I don't have the time to do it, and I don't really.
Speaker 1: Think I'm an early adopt.
Speaker 5: I got into only Fans early and I did very well on that app, and I'm going to do very well on threads.
Speaker 2: Please stop sending mich death threats.
Speaker 5: Please threads, threads, threads all right, pick up threads coming tomorrow. We'll have an update then back next. Britt had something stolen from her on a most recent trip to BALLEI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got wildly robbed in Bali.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you about it after on their.
Speaker 1: Way pick up. It's Monday.
Speaker 5: On the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse running now get half priced off the Nature's Own vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes chemists where house got great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys know, we just went on holiday. I went to Bali with my lovely partner Ben. I'm very pro Barley.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: I've been a hundred times. I like to feel like I'm a bit of a pro at Balley. You do love a bit of a Barlei trip, don't you share clothes? And it's beautiful and it's amazing.
Speaker 5: When we all went together. You rode around on a scooter for four days with your helmet on backwards, and the locals were laughing at you.
Speaker 1: They all know who I am. I went No, they're laughing at you.
Speaker 4: Know if that happened once with you and you filmed it.
Speaker 3: No, I took Ben there. Ben hadn't been there. And if you guys been following on for a while, Ben is from Switzerland and he's scared of all these animals. It's every animal in the world he's got a problem with. Anyway, I've told him a lot about the monkeys there, and you've got to be careful with them there. Anyway, Barley was amazing, But I did get robbed there. Unfortunately, she was a very traumatic event. But what I want to say is we're going back to the monkeys traumatic.
Speaker 2: Let's move on about the monkeys.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sit on the traumatory.
Speaker 2: I've been traumatized, but monkeys, you'll understand it the endala. I've been traumatized by monkeys in bar as well. They're awful.
Speaker 1: Oh I got that monkey. There's a monkey like garden, isn't there forest.
Speaker 2: All of them and people go there and pay money.
Speaker 1: It's horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's not what I did, but I had been you know, I was a bit cocky and confident with Ben. I was like, Babe, like stick with me.
Speaker 4: I've got this.
Speaker 3: Like I know, Bali, I come here all the time. This is what we're doing, and took him to all the places. I was just like, you know, showing off a little bit. We're in this beautiful cliff top villa and you know, there are a lot of trees around, and there were a lot of monkeys around, and I had been.
Speaker 4: On his back.
Speaker 3: I was like, Ben, you cannot leave anything around. You cannot leave doors open. The monkeys will come in, they'll steal your stuff, they'll take stuff, they'll trash the place, like I was.
Speaker 4: Hounding him on this point.
Speaker 3: Then one day we're out the back by the pool and we were having some lunch and a drink and were swimming.
Speaker 4: This is our own little villa.
Speaker 3: And I had taken my hat off because I was going to go for a swim, but I was also eating.
Speaker 4: So I took my in visil.
Speaker 3: Line out because you guys know, I wear hi visil line like the cue they retain. I was a retain that's very sexy.
Speaker 1: So I took my.
Speaker 3: Bizzeline out, put it in my hat, left it on the chair.
Speaker 4: We dove in the water.
Speaker 3: We're having this great time, and then it was like slow motion. I looked up to the roof and I saw that there was this monkey.
Speaker 4: He looked at me. I looked at him. Ben looked at him. Ben looked at me.
Speaker 3: He jumped off, ran across, and it was slow motion. I was like, no, got my hat, took the inmbizzel line out with one hand.
Speaker 1: Monkey my hat straight in.
Speaker 4: Popped that straight in and you should see his teeth right now. I was like no. I was like slow motion and I it was like a toddler.
Speaker 3: The toddler looks at you, and you know when a toddler takes something and you're like, don't drop it, drop it now, stop stopping.
Speaker 1: Looked at me.
Speaker 4: Put the inmizeline in his mouth.
Speaker 3: That didn't happen. Put the hat on also didn't happen. But he jumped off and ran away with my bizl Oh my god. Now if you don't know him, bizzeline, this is me ruined.
Speaker 4: It's made specifically for my teeth.
Speaker 3: You cannot replace that in bisilone.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say when you walked in today, the teeth have moved and you look a bit button like what happened to you on the holiday.
Speaker 3: Anyway, disastrous and now I'm back to square one.
Speaker 5: Well, heading to Barley soon. You look for the monkey with the really straight.
Speaker 4: There's one new monkey bachelor that is killing all right.
Speaker 5: Well, I feel like everyone has an animal running story. Cocker two once tried to bite me in the face.
Speaker 2: I once got shut on by a pelican.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's horrendous, like having a bucket of fish sauce thrown on you.
Speaker 4: I also got bitten by a camel.
Speaker 2: I think we're all trying to one up each other now with the worst animal stories.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what if you can top all of that five hundred bucks at Chemists Warehouse, what was your running with an animal?
Speaker 1: An animal? Do you dirty?
Speaker 4: Yeah? When an animal do you dirty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The pickup dot com dot you right into us. We'll give you five hundred Chemists ware House and we're out of here.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 5: You can podcast the whole show on the iHeartRadio app. Just search the pick up and don't forget. When cold and flu strikes, Demson gets it done. Always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 3: Thanks, guys, have a good one.