Speaker 1: My heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: A good pickup with Britt Hockley and.
Speaker 3: Laura Ben Rady, your work, our windows down.
Speaker 4: That's my world. Reason the dust only good rabs down.
Speaker 5: I don't much, but yeah, I know I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where. This is the pick up.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, Happy Monday.
Speaker 1: It's the pickup with Britt Secrets and Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: Yes, Brittany Hockley is no more. No, I actually am still Brittany Hockey.
Speaker 1: Stand down everyone, Britt is off the market.
Speaker 3: It finally happened after thirty seven years.
Speaker 5: I think if my husband Ben would say I was off the market for the last couple of years, but not officially.
Speaker 4: Now it's it's still not official.
Speaker 1: Actually that's true technic combined detailing. Yeah, thanks for that. I'm really struggling.
Speaker 3: I've had a few days off work.
Speaker 1: And I've forgotten how to speak. I've just been in too much time with toddlers. No, Britt, you got married in Bali. We obviously can talk about how amazing that is, but now that we're here, we're also going to talk about how it's.
Speaker 3: Not legally binding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just a big show. Really, it was a suspicious soccer dance. No, because it's a bit too complicated to be honest. My husband Ben is fully Swiss, but he lives in Italy. I'm Australian living in Australia and we got married in Bali. There were way too many technicalities going on to make it legal, so we are just going to legally do it back here in Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the paperwork gets signed shortly, but let's not you know, focus on that you got married.
Speaker 4: And it was starting with fake wedding.
Speaker 1: It was the most amazing wedding. Honestly, it was incredible. It was a three day extravaganza. I don't even know if we can call it a wedding. It felt like it was out.
Speaker 3: Of a movie.
Speaker 5: It was an immersive experience. Yet we got some burns from the fireworks. It was like we really wanted to make people feel like surround sounds.
Speaker 1: Also during the entire vows, it was done like right on a beautiful cliff top, like overlooking just expensive sea. There was nothing else except for all the people parasite.
Speaker 4: We were like in the middle of ours and a parasaler would come back and be like congratulations, were like thanks.
Speaker 3: And then they kept going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was quite a few parasailors. But look, someone else loved that.
Speaker 4: I love the parasites.
Speaker 1: It was a NonStop event. But someone else is gonna be dropping in on the show. We have your husband, ben Cegris joining us. He's right here in studio.
Speaker 4: He almost will. What I will say is he almost didn't join us.
Speaker 5: We got to the airport late last night to fly back and she was like.
Speaker 4: Visa, sir. He was like, what what do you mean visa? Didn't have a visa to get to Australia. She's like, you can't enter the country.
Speaker 1: Ben has been to Australia so many times and the first time he came across, which is when you guys met, he had a work visa that was organized for him, but just never realized he had a visa. So he's been coming back and forth and that visa expired. We will unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just an indication of just how how much he did for the.
Speaker 4: Wedding we will talk about it a little later, or how much he didn't do.
Speaker 1: You know what, you should just be thrilled that he showed up because with.
Speaker 5: All the things you should be happy someone took you, Brittany, to be fair, with all the things that you talk about him not doing, he's the best.
Speaker 1: It's pretty evident that like showing up. I'm glad that he did that because that's really important.
Speaker 4: And he almost showed up fully dressed.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk all about it soon.
Speaker 1: We have such a special show for you guys today, especially for everyone here, especially you, britt because Brittany.
Speaker 3: Just got mad.
Speaker 5: Brittany, Why am I talking about Brittany and Thad person.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I got married. I cannot believe it.
Speaker 1: For everyone listening, you guys might not know this story. So Britta and I have been doing a podcast together for six years now. I have been there through all of your turbulent relationships.
Speaker 3: And when we.
Speaker 1: Started our podcast, Lafe and Cart, it was all based around sex and relationships, and a big part of that was Britt talking about her dating life and talking about some of the absolute monstrosities that she'd experienced in that time.
Speaker 5: How was a tumultuous time, a lot of red flags to navigate.
Speaker 1: Britt came back from her first date with Ben, and I heard about this Swiss, extremely tall footballer who lived overseas who she had had a one night stand with that kind of evolved into a few more days. It was supposed to be a one nighter, and then she drops about a week before Christmas that year, I'm gonna go over seas for a holiday. And I was like, I see what's going on here. And it wasn't until only a couple of days before that she actually admitted she was going over to see this guy that she'd hooked up with on a dating site for three days whilst he was traveling like two months with his team. And I said, this is the worst idea you have ever had. I was like, this is gonna end in disaster.
Speaker 5: Laura was like, do it, fine if you want to, but don't say you didn't toast to it's not gonna end.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I was like, do it for the content, but come home with a story and do not fall in love with this guy.
Speaker 3: Now look at us. Now we're literally getting married. You are married.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well look we've been through the journey with you, Britt. Everyone here at the pickup but also across life on cut the pot as well, and it's been such a beautiful love story to be able.
Speaker 3: To witness, to be able to.
Speaker 1: Be in a small way a part of And you know, I only did it laws just so srees I can say told you so.
Speaker 4: I don't actually like the.
Speaker 3: Guy, just I was just like, yes, anything.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I'm also okay with saying when I'm wrong, and I was very wrong. But we have put together a little recap of the last few years of your love story, not just yours of Ben and how you guys met, but also just some of the some of the ups and downs along the way.
Speaker 3: Have a listened to this.
Speaker 6: In twenty eighteen, a young, vibrant Brittany Hockley brave to reality television seeking love on The Bachelor.
Speaker 4: Definitely the most vulnerable I've ever felt.
Speaker 6: Where she would make Bachelor history when the honey Budgert picked No.
Speaker 2: One Strong feelings for you, Brittany.
Speaker 5: When I say those three words, I won't really mean.
Speaker 2: It right now. I can't give one hundred percent off me to.
Speaker 4: You, So you're all wake up.
Speaker 2: It's kind a bit brightest day.
Speaker 6: After an unsuccessful attempt of finding love on television, Brittany Hockley found Hope woke up.
Speaker 5: They literally sat up out of bed, and I thought, today's the day I'm going to get back on the horse. And I thought, you know what, I'm going to have my first ever one night stand. And so I went on RAYA this like six foot six beautiful Swiss man that was here playing football like he was a professional athlete.
Speaker 4: So I swiped right. We matched.
Speaker 5: We talked for about half an hour, so he came over. Eventually we got down to n Enny Gritty, hooked up. It was amazing, and then he tried to go, and as he was leaving, I thought, I'm never going to see this guy again. Then the next day he messages me and he's like, yeah, do you want to see each other again?
Speaker 4: I've got a bit of time, And I was like, yeah, right. We just fell in love from the very beginning.
Speaker 6: But not all was smooth sailing.
Speaker 5: I'm in my first argument with my new boyfriend Ben. So we've been dating for about four months now. I had facetimed Ben because he'd asked me something.
Speaker 4: So we're having a quick conversation. There was all this urgency because back on air twenty.
Speaker 5: Seconds I signed off really quickly on a phone call, and I was a bit panicky, so.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, I to go go to go love you bye.
Speaker 5: And then I hung up the phone and I said, oh my god, I've just said I love you. Two seconds later, I get a text did you just say I love you? And I did what any normal woman would do, and I gas lipped him and I said, I did not say that, yes, lie.
Speaker 4: Two weeks later he said I.
Speaker 5: Love you in another language, but I knew what he was saying. So now we're in this argument about who said they love him first.
Speaker 3: What doesn't kill your exercise?
Speaker 6: Turns out they were both in love, and their relationship grew from strength to strength until one day she had some exciting news to share with the pickup team and Life Uncut community.
Speaker 5: I've been single for the better part of ten years, and I was always a single friend watching all my friends fall in love, which made me so happy, but it was definitely hard, and I started to think maybe it wasn't for me.
Speaker 4: Oh love Love.
Speaker 5: Then in twenty twenty two, I met this amazing guy, but he lived overseas.
Speaker 4: My friends were.
Speaker 5: Really concerned because long distance is never easy and I've always had commitment issues. But this time it felt different and I thought he was worth it. Flash forward to now and I've never been happier. And last week on a beautiful island, he asked me to be his wife.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 4: I just want to know, what's a cute way to tell my friends that I'm getting married?
Speaker 2: Moment so long?
Speaker 4: Please you?
Speaker 1: Please you, oh brit Also it gets me at the air, It gets me at the end.
Speaker 4: When I told you, guys, it was like the most wholesome moment.
Speaker 1: Here we are a couple of days post wedding and incredibly so your your international I was gonna say, boyfriend, husband, I'm not even used to it yet is here in the studio and he's going to be joining us next now. If you are just tuning in, it is a very big show today.
Speaker 4: Hit the wedding music.
Speaker 1: That is because after thirty seven years on this planet, Brittany or should we say Secrets, has.
Speaker 3: Finally got married.
Speaker 1: And to get married, you also usually need another person to join you. And the person who stepped up to the plate for that is Ben.
Speaker 2: I took one for the team. I took on for the team, thank god.
Speaker 5: In one sentence, stepped up to the plate and took one for the team.
Speaker 2: You guys make sense.
Speaker 4: I'm a charity case.
Speaker 2: Very accurate.
Speaker 5: I do need to correct you, Laura, you actually don't need someone else to get married. You can marry yourself or an inanimate object.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can legally do those things. We've definitely covered a couple of crazy segments on this show where someone married a dolphin and a bridge. But I'm really thoroughly thrilled that you actually married a human, Britt, and he is right here, So Ben, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, good to see you again.
Speaker 1: How do you feel as a husband. It's really let's get into the highlights. How are you feeling as a husband?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Same, really but we had incredible time, so really really happy, A little bit tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what I do want to know? Ben?
Speaker 1: I heard that you showed up to your own wedding without any pants to wear to said wedding. You had a year to organize a suit and it was the one thing that Britt was constantly fearful about. And come said wedding day, somebody didn't have pants.
Speaker 4: Before I let him speak, I just want to set it up. Not only did he have a year.
Speaker 5: He left it until the last week before the wedding, and I had to still organize it for him, so his job.
Speaker 4: Was just to get dressed. So talk to us about how that went.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 7: Yes, my pants shrunk, which is not ideal when your legs are the size of my legs.
Speaker 2: But it was all fine. Nobody noticed.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure how you got this information because it was very secret with my groomsmen. But yes, there were some safety pins in my pants. But it's all fine. Nobody got stung. Nobody noticed except for you.
Speaker 5: Laura, And we need to set this up. You can't just say my pants shrunk. It's not like Doctor Doolittle or whatever that show was, Honey, I shrunk the kids.
Speaker 3: Sorry, really different shows.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me say this up.
Speaker 5: Ben decided to wear his wedding suit the week before to someone else's wedding.
Speaker 2: And I said, baby, efficient, Swiss efficiency.
Speaker 5: I said, baby, let's maybe like save the wedding suit for the big day and like get you a different suit.
Speaker 3: And no, Ben just wants to road test and I like that.
Speaker 4: He goes, no, no, no, no, no, no, just fine, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he gets it dirty we get to Bali, I said, you have to dry clean this suit three days in advance, because that's how long it takes.
Speaker 4: Do not forget to give it to the hotel and send it off, Babe, please, I've got this.
Speaker 5: So two days before the wedding, I say, hey, did you dry clean the suit? He's like, I forgot. He goes to try and do it, and he's like, babe, problem. They say it's going to take three days. I said, I know, Ben, the weddings in two days. So Ben starts splashing money around someone eventually says I'll do it. He gets the suit back an hour before we're supposed to walk down. He can't get it on because it's like it's like jeggings.
Speaker 1: Did you check it, like when it came back from the Balinese dry cleaner?
Speaker 3: Did you think I might look at this?
Speaker 2: I sh I cleaned as well, but it's some backup shirt.
Speaker 7: And I thought, okay, everything's in order, brilliant, done it, but it's going to be happy super And once I actually looked at them put them on, I was like, they're not my pants.
Speaker 2: They're too small.
Speaker 4: They didn't fit.
Speaker 2: They didn't fit, so yeah, I had to stretch them out a little bit and.
Speaker 4: Add emergency length.
Speaker 3: It's like so like add.
Speaker 4: Length to the bottom.
Speaker 7: Twenty minutes before we walked down the aist, I had the tailor come in and so it's all done. We're all done at about five centimeters added. And I think the wedding planner came to measure my waist and my jeans to buy a backup pants.
Speaker 4: By pack pants, so he couldn't get the zipper up either.
Speaker 3: So I did.
Speaker 1: I did see. I mean I had a pretty front row seat.
Speaker 2: Where are you looking?
Speaker 3: And I see that your.
Speaker 1: Pants were safety pin together at the floor. You couldn't tell that they were safety pin but the zipper wasn't zippering.
Speaker 3: At that point, I was like, something's going on.
Speaker 2: Sipper was stuck and there was no way to unstuck them.
Speaker 5: So his one job of just putting the pants on somehow managed to end up with you having no pants that fit their skin tight.
Speaker 4: They're done up with safety pins.
Speaker 2: It was you that was authentically me.
Speaker 4: You really kick started your responsibilities.
Speaker 1: You did make it, and you did look amazing. Actually then you looked amazing, Britney. You also looked amazing. Very important, I know, that how much effort went into what you were wearing.
Speaker 3: Ben. Not only was it the.
Speaker 1: Zipper and the pants, but also five days beforehand we discovered that your ring didn't fit you either, which had to be completely remade from scratch in five days. So like, I love with all the time that you had between you guys.
Speaker 3: To get this organized, Ben, you were the weeks you really were.
Speaker 2: I mean, is that any surprise really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, But to be fair and it's absolutely no surprise. The wedding was incredible.
Speaker 3: It was like it was out of a movie or a fairy tale.
Speaker 1: It was really the most beautiful wedding that I think I've ever seen. I would count mind in that as well. It was stunning your wedding, It was amazing.
Speaker 4: It was like I say, went off without a hitch. There were hitches. Did our photographer cancel five days before?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, did our ring not work? We wasted it? Yes? Did you have pants? No?
Speaker 5: Did our cake turn up like something we didn't order and it was a little burnt, little crispy breakfast.
Speaker 4: Yes, there were things that happened.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, I married the love of my life with or without pants.
Speaker 4: I wasn't taking you anyway. Bit, so it was spectacular.
Speaker 1: Then what was it like seeing Britt for the very first time wearing her dress?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't tend to show emotions. You're a bit of heart, so I'm a bit of it. Yeah so, no, it was all set up.
Speaker 7: We wanted to do a first look really in private to make sure we have that moment for ourselves, but then also have time with our guests and everything. And she looked amazing. The dress was bigger than I ever could have imagined.
Speaker 3: She looked the dress was enormous.
Speaker 2: It was humongous, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: And uh, wekle go home, That's what I thought.
Speaker 7: And you were beautiful. It was a beautiful day. You looked stunning and you were so happy. I could tell you were so happy. And yes, I was a little bit emotional.
Speaker 5: I was giggling and Ben was crying and it just didn't match.
Speaker 2: It was basically the same as when I proposed. She just couldn't stop laughing. I was like, did cry you know, give me an answer, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you cried at the end of the aisle when Britt was walking down the aisle, And for a lot of weddings, that's the first time that the groom sees the bride on the day.
Speaker 3: But you guys did things a little bit differently. You had the night.
Speaker 1: Together and then you did the first look, which was before everyone arrived.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we spend the night together because we live apart anyway.
Speaker 4: Ben lives over in Italy, so I didn't want to spend Anna the day apart. I thought, this is like, I want to enjoy every minute. So we spent the night together.
Speaker 5: We spent the morning together watching I was going to say the set to be built watching the wedding production, but it was it was like it was a big thing. There are a lot of things to assemble and it was all at the same venue. So we were watching that together in the morning and had a really slow morning, which was nice. We practiced our first dance. We were drinking coffee together, had breakfast together.
Speaker 2: Some were swimming in the pool.
Speaker 1: I did hear that you were a little bit late for the schedule because somebody was still in the full fifteen minutes before they were supposed to be ready.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to relax, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm glad it's been a big year planning for you.
Speaker 5: So I'm glad she could relax. You kick it off, kick your legs up.
Speaker 1: But also I mean it's because like for us traveling to Balley from Australia, it's not a very big deal, whereas for you and for your family that is quite the mission. And so many family members came across but from all different parts of the world. How did you, guys navigate the fact that not everyone was speaking English? And especially for your groomsmen, like one of your best your best men, he learned to speak English, especially so that he could do his speech like I feel like there were a lot of bridges that had to be closed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really did awesome.
Speaker 7: He learned the English from the moment I told him would you be my groomsman. Obviously, my part of the family speaks German predominantly, so one of the highlights of the wedding was obviously the vowels. And as you know, Bridge likes to talk for a living, so she got the vowels and then at the end she goes, I'm going to switch to German.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and we all know the Britain can't speak German.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I was like, oh, I'm not sure how this is going to go, because I've been trying to teach her for years now, almost three years now, and I was like, all right, this is not going to be good.
Speaker 2: And she started and it was perfect. It was amazing.
Speaker 7: Everybody from my side of the family understood everything, made me laugh.
Speaker 4: I even put a German joke in there.
Speaker 7: Put a German joke in there, which is hard to find. Probably did you write it.
Speaker 1: As someone else scripted for you when you were like, I have this joke, but I don't know how to deliver it.
Speaker 5: It was just little funny things, but I wrote it and I have so my hairdresser is Swiss German.
Speaker 4: He flew over and did Alex. He did my hair over there. He's from a town really close.
Speaker 5: Where Ben grew up coincidentally, So I just wrote what I wanted to say, sent it to Alex.
Speaker 4: Alex translated it, and we.
Speaker 5: Did lessons together for like six seven months together to try and do it.
Speaker 7: I don't know how he stuck with you, like, honestly, I've been trying to teach you for years, and he was so positive.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, we're going to get there, We're going to do it.
Speaker 7: And I just it's such a hard language to learn, or like, kudos to you the way you were saying it as well, like the you know, the pronunciation of the sentences and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's it's almost like it makes no sense.
Speaker 7: It's just like you put that at times you're talking like a.
Speaker 2: Russian lady and then like a robot and the like. But everybody understood everything.
Speaker 1: You learned the whole thing, so like you know, it off my heart. Even if you can't do the inflections right, Can you say some of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can say some.
Speaker 8: I'll give you the first line ben haber goduled mit mir duhasma so fiel by the bracht for alumnish. That is vertish camplished. That is how it sounds very good?
Speaker 3: Can you say the last part of it?
Speaker 1: I feel like for anyone who doesn't see German, the end of the speech or the end.
Speaker 3: Of the vowels was the best part.
Speaker 5: Okay, the last sentence ish libber dish owned endlish grosso chintin.
Speaker 1: Fish, which translates into what if you're going to do the direct translation.
Speaker 7: Into continuations, I love you endlessly big squids because tint and fish is big squids and you're just one lesser away from calling me a titfish.
Speaker 4: So it's so I almost called it. I almost said I love you titfish.
Speaker 1: It was very close, which brid had done several times in the practice rounds. So we do love you, titfish, and we're so happy for the two of you.
Speaker 4: I love you titish, and maybe that's what I need to call, you know, tittyfish.
Speaker 1: Cute guys, you can do that later. Honestly, though, it was the most amazing wedding. Thank you so much for I mean, it was such a joy to be able to be there and be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Some of the.
Speaker 1: Pickup team were there, and it was just the most beautiful I want to say, David, it was actually three days. It was the most of you beautiful extravaganza I've ever been a part of.
Speaker 5: And there were definitely, I mean, there's too much to fit in now, because it was an extravaganz. So many funny things happened, so many things went wrong, so many things went right, and we'll, I'm sure we'll be
Speaker 4: Talking about it for a long time.