Speaker 1: Good morn as the Christian O'Connell Show, and we're looking for your stories about when you're stuck or trapped. Today on the show, I'm known for one four one four three Tracy. Hi, Christian, How I'm good Tracy, and.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a lovely weekend. Tracy, where did you get trapped? So?
Speaker 3: I went to go to the toilet, and as I've gone in, I've noticed something caught my eye. By the time I got to the toilet, I turned around and there was a big tiger snake in the bathroom in my own suite, which is only little So I straightaway jumped on top of the toilet started screaming out to my husband and my boys, and they couldn't hear me because they had the TV on. They're all talking. I have got a mud brick wall, so so this snake I'm screaming, it reared up, flared out and started hissing at me. I'm literally trying to climb the wall to get away from it. It was less than a meter away from me, and I thought, no, I'm going to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you must have thought this is it, this is our ends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. My whole body was shaking. I yet the first encounter I've ever had with a snake, so obviously i'd been gone for a while. My husband come looking for me. I said, don't come in, there's a snake. So then my boys come running. They've opened the door, let the snake out, locked me back in the bathroom, and then attended to the snake, and then once it was gone, it was allowed out.
Speaker 2: Wow, my story.
Speaker 1: I just noticed in the studio it we all had our breaths baited because we know we're talking to you, but we still wait for you in the story to say you're okay.
Speaker 2: And the afterlife, I.
Speaker 3: Was shocked and done for days, just unbelievable. I honestly thought this snake was going to get me the way I didn't know snake's hissed like a cat. Yeah, it was just so scary. It was horrendous. I'm alive and didn't get bitten.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 3: And they were just watching TV in the other room, Yeah, chatting away.
Speaker 1: You would go watching Larry Enda right now. Amazing.
Speaker 5: Your husband came to look for you on the tour, because if I would give her the privacy like, oh, something must be gone, it.
Speaker 6: Was probably looking for something where did you put my.
Speaker 1: I think, scream Tracy, amazing story. I'm very well told us. Well, thanks for sharing that today with us.
Speaker 2: Have a good day.
Speaker 3: Thank you too, you guys see her Maggie, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hello, Yeah, hello, we were Hello. We were in a traffic jam for twelve hours in the nineteen eighties going off to Sydney Harbor Bridge and we had three kids, about three, five and seven. It was twelve hours.
Speaker 2: What a nightmam.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And after that, every time the cow would stop anywhere, the kids would say, oh is this another traffic jam? So it really impacted twelve hours and people were sitting on this out of the road.
Speaker 6: They put out the little chairs, heave at lunch and so we just made a day of it and.
Speaker 4: We got into the Guinness Book of Record.
Speaker 2: Category for the longest.
Speaker 4: Traffic Yeah, but I don't know what course did. I should look it up. What was the reason that it was twelve hours?
Speaker 2: You're in there for half the day eating? Anyone know what this is? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was. It was our trip up to Queensland. It was a big trip to the family and we got stuck off the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 2: So were you on the bridge.
Speaker 4: Well, we were just coming off the bridge and so I don't know what actually caused it, but you know, it's just parts out tours near twelve hours in the traffic jam.
Speaker 2: All right, Maggie, thank you very much. You called me. I have a good day.
Speaker 4: Yeah you too.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Liz, good morning.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good less. So your story about being trapped, Yeah, we.
Speaker 6: Got trapped in a car over a cliff in the ocean.
Speaker 2: Well you mean like dangling over like you said in a movie.
Speaker 6: No, we were actually in the water. So we were coming back from lawn my husband at the time, and I and we hit gravel and went across the other side of the road airborne over the cliff. We fell over sixty meters and rolled from von to boot and ended up upside down in the word bloody hell, and we both we walked away, which was amazing. So we had to under our seat belts and try and get our bearings because being upside down with water coming into the car, you sort of panic a little bit. So I kicked my door was the only part of the car that wasn't dented. The only way we got out. We climbed the cliff and waited and there was the Morgue car and two ambulance. They thought we died. They said it was the third third vehicle that weekend that had gone over that cliff. So, yeah, we had to walk up the cliff faith and yeah we were fine.
Speaker 2: Makes an awkward conversation for there to go.
Speaker 5: It's something more simply a passenger transport that they didn't normally come together.
Speaker 6: It was bizarre. Someone had had called it in obviously that it's seen us. And yeah, they were all waiting by the time we got back.
Speaker 4: Up the cliff.
Speaker 6: So then they had to go back into Lorn and get a toe truck to come and get the car, which we was washing out to sea. And by the time we got back to the car, somebody had gone and taken everything out of the car. Radio speakers.
Speaker 2: Wait the car is it didn't sink.
Speaker 6: We were about two feet in water, so the tide was going out that was actually taking the car out. We said, if the tide had been in, it might have been a little bit different story.
Speaker 1: Sure, so you must have rolled the car a couple of times then if you go down sixty meters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we rolled from bonnet to boot four times, and the picture of the car afterwards you can actually see where the boulder pushed the motor to the left hand side of the car.
Speaker 2: And your husband at the time he was okay as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was fine. So he just had bruising from the seat belt. Oh yeah, I had a crack spurnum and actually had to sit up for three months to sleep because I couldn't actually lay down and put forth onto my chest.
Speaker 2: And so when did this happen, Liz? A couple of years ago?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is probably going back twenty five thirty years ago, So it's a fairwhele. And I've never been back through along that road ever.
Speaker 2: And do you do you ever? Does it ever come up again in dreams? Or do you think about it much?
Speaker 6: I do know, I don't tell the story. I sort of forgot about it. And then when I heard you on the radio, I'm like, oh, that's.
Speaker 2: A pretty good sorry radio show.
Speaker 5: You finally worked it out of a system and along.
Speaker 1: Finally getting clear of all Hey go right he finally just thoughts being trapped. Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: It was awful.
Speaker 6: It was just trying to get some part of car to actually open so we could get out before we sort of I.
Speaker 2: Don't imagine how scared you were.
Speaker 6: It was more shock. I think it did feel real, right.
Speaker 4: It's actually very.
Speaker 6: True what they say, because when we were rolling, I thought, this is how I'm dying. This is literally at the end. And it's very amazing what goes through your head so quickly, like what, oh, I went back to a two year old child. I literally went back to a little girl because I think, yeah, I don't know, I just went back in my childhood and there was so many flashes going through my head. It was just bisarre. It was like, how am I going to die? This is all the thoughts go into your head, like how am I going to die? It's something going to hit me on the head?
Speaker 1: Is you know?
Speaker 6: It's something going to I don't know. That's that's just all the things that we're going through. But literally it would have taken it sit not even that long to get down to the bottom, but just that that thought that goes to your head, you just like, how do you think of so many things in such a short space of time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how amazing? Now, because obviously our understanding of time is one thing. And then sometimes even when you have a good time or a bad time. It has some other different property, isn't it. It's like you go time traveling and how amazing and those nanoseconds or whatever it was. All of that is going through your head. You're in the real time experience of and I can guess how will I actually die? Will it be paying for what's going to happen now? And then suddenly you go back to scene where you're Yeah, you like time traveling and you're two and you're in that moment.
Speaker 6: And I don't know why I went back to the age of two, like I could have gone back to ten. I could have gone back to any age.
Speaker 1: And when you're happened? Was it like a sunny scene? Was it from like the summer?
Speaker 6: Or it was funner? Yeah? It was news day.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We thought we'd just go through drive and go to the beach and do whatever and the work. And another thing too, was the day before I got very badly sun burnt and with the rolling of the car, I got out of the carr and all the back of my legs had blisted into tennis ball size blisters all down the back, and every time I'd walk one would pop and it would feel like you'd beat yourself because there was this water going there an in the leg.
Speaker 2: But the paramedics got very confused, Sure, what do we treat first? Why does she look like that?
Speaker 6: Which one are we going? You know, what are we going to do for this? So yeah, so that we were very lucky to walk away from you.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible story, and Liz, thank you very much. You give us a call and going back to it as well. It can't be a comfortable memory sometimes, but it's just really interesting as well.
Speaker 2: Incredible story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was very interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 1: All right, Liz, thank you very much for trusting us that and have a good day you two.
Speaker 6: Thank you Christian, Thank you guys.