Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Third will be don't forget to wrap your scarf around your neck.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 5: I can tell that you've worked in podding Micks before.
Speaker 4: It sounds that you've been burgled by Jack Post Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four Good On on Thursday morning. It's ten minutes past six. Good morning, Patsy, Good morning Jackie boys. Team. I am. I am at high stress level right now.
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 4: Well? This should be a lovely time for me my wife as we count down to our twenty fifth wedding anniversary together on Tuesday. Not congrats yet, Not congrats yet, We're not there at Tuesday yet. Misunderstanding. You two were in long running relationships. We had a really big misunderstanding last night. I said to my wife, we haven't talked about Yeah, where did you end up booking for next weekend? For you can tell where this ago o wedding anniversary because it's twenty five years and it's a really big deal. She went, are you winding me up? I thought you were going to do that. No, no, no, I've been an island now you said you're going to do that before you went to one. It was your last thing to do. I didn't write that down. I told you to pay more attention to it, to do list.
Speaker 5: I shocked at how often that happens in the marriage. Yeah, needed court stenographer, Yes, with you at all times.
Speaker 4: Normally that is my wife. There's a former lawyer. Normodly that is my wife. And so we had this kind of like you know reservoir dogs that stand up where all the guns are pointing at each other.
Speaker 6: No one.
Speaker 4: And then one of my daughters walked in on it one and she just scuttled off back upstairs, like I'm not getting involved in this. This is going to go nuclear, and it's about we should be just getting excited about twenty five years together, and yet a couple of days away from our twenty fifth winning anniversary, we're still having glaring miscommunication. This is this marriage, isn't it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: Now? Honestly, Patsy, like the jet lag, I mean wider went since two o'clock and been going on Airbnb in stage.
Speaker 3: My limbs out. Oh she's given you.
Speaker 4: Good No, try and get somewhere. I think I meant to get somewhere, to stay.
Speaker 2: Langham will look after you andres our mate at the Langham.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they go.
Speaker 5: To where we going.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the photo yet of the hard rubbish on the front? Oh my god, you look like.
Speaker 2: Yeah leaning got home yesterday, Jack, We've got a hard waste collection tomorrow. So I said to Mom and Dad, who are two straights up. I said, hey, listen, if you've got any junk, Chris will come and get it. Mum, just you know, put it to the side anyway. I get home from work yesterday in the middle of our driveway.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you're okay with that. It looks I'm not okay.
Speaker 3: That's just the thing. I'm not okay with it. Mum had dropped off.
Speaker 2: She brought Dad's ute. Are you full of junk? In the middle of our driveway? Couldn't even get in the garage for it yesterday in the garage so they've had a bit clean out.
Speaker 3: It's like the leaning Tower of Pisa.
Speaker 4: It's all stacked up there. It looks.
Speaker 5: Don't the council only do like a meter square?
Speaker 4: I thought there was a limit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well we haven't even been meter square.
Speaker 4: You've made like a kind of chown.
Speaker 2: That's my mother, my eighty year old mother. You should see it, Jake Chris goes. It's like an art installation. There's outdoor chairs, there's a recliner, there's dad's old walker.
Speaker 3: I thought wheel bust.
Speaker 4: It won't take half of that. That'll be out the next couple of years. You've been doing it in installments.
Speaker 2: It'll stay at our place, That's what will happen.
Speaker 4: I always judge people without how of that amount of junk? You think are they hoarded? You know those people that like hoard too much junk.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes it's on the show, and I think we come back to it again today. We're talking about what weird unusual thing got stolen. Christian. My dad had a fish and chip shop for forty six years. He had this massive char on the counter with pickled onions. The jar held at least two hundred onions, you know those big old jars in the kitchen. Here. One afternoon, these teenagers walked in, picked up the girop onions and walked out. Often wondered what they did were two hundred pickled onions and all that vinegar the sad part was the jar that my dad purchased back in nineteen seventy six along with the shop. And then often we get text messages that come into this show and this radio station, obviously not meant for us. This one came in yesterday half two, yesterday afternoon from someone called Ingrid Egan High Christian. Could you please pay outstanding invoice zero zero four to four from the eighth of the fifth. Thanks Ingrid. You know I always paid cash, by the way. Now, all right, it's the time on a tie waight National Snack Day. An American couple last week were arrested after trying to smuggle two hundred kilos of fruit loops fruit roll up sorry into Israel and after price is skyrocketed once the snap became part of a big viral TikTok trend that wrapped up rolls went all around mango sorbet. All right, we're looking for your snack bands. Who's on stage at Snackfest? Who is it? I'll tell you that we go back to the seventies. Boney Eminem's Gold, Drake's Cakes, He's wrapping bacon, Crunchy goes to Hollywood Silver and Fredo mercury gold. All right, Jackie, but what you got snack bands?
Speaker 5: Tobler owns and I, oh.
Speaker 4: That's very good gold.
Speaker 5: The pet CHOP's the boys silver, the Birdie Beetles.
Speaker 4: Looked at you quizzically, then professor trying to work out the workings silver, and the bare.
Speaker 5: Naked lays Oh, las cheer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good gold. God fella.
Speaker 8: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Just some. I remembered a strange experience when I left her yesterday. I was just standing outside talking to my wife and I got off the phone right outside the radio station there on what is that good Wood stream? Yeah, and this lady sort of comes at my blindside. Like listeners often do, they just materialize. She I think you might be able to help me. Do you know where gold FM is? I went yeah, yes, And there she goes, I've got a gift for you and your team, right, and she had her hand in a bag. I thought, this is this is how John, and this is how it ends. Okay, this is how it ends a gift for me this and I go, right, I'm getting ready to jump on swamp. I was seeing John Wick. I know what to do and she goes, yes, it's some chocolates. I went, oh, you don't need to do that. She says, yes, I want a competition over the weekend. See Michael Bubley, and I've got some chocolates for you. I went, all right, so we didn't give that away. So I says, really, can't be. You don't need to do that shit. And I said, tell you what then? Is it for the team? Is it for just a stage? She goes, well, no, it's for you guys to breakfast. I went, well, look, I'm leaving now, but I'll take it and bring it in the I went to sort of take it from her, and she moved her hand away and went, what's going on? And she said, I don't trust you. I think you'll take them in etow.
Speaker 5: I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 4: I'm like, so you want to give me the gift? I said, And then Josh came down for reception. Right, Where's what's going on here? When this lady's got a gift for me she won't give to me. I can go and get my own chocolates. Will I promise you I'm not gonna I'll take them now, because otherwise what will happen is the people are up there now will have these chocolates. There won't be any left me.
Speaker 5: Actually not safe anywhere, because you're taking them home. I don't see them coming back leaving him at reception, I don't see them coming back.
Speaker 4: She's she walks off the chocolates. I don't know where the chocolates are coming back again. No, no, no, she went off with Josh to come back up to the rail station. I don't know where these chocolates are. But she did not want to give those chocolates to me, even though they're from me, from you and guys. Very strange. All I could say is watch out, booblet. She'll have chocolates for you, but she won't give them to you. All right, So snack bands Bruce Spring Roll and the Barbecue Shape Band. Yeah, Oh, dear Horn Memory Limp, Chicken in a Biscuit, fronz Iggy Popcorn Silver, Fleetwood Mac and Cheese Silver, the artist formerly known as Ritz Silver, plus Paul Samboys, George Silver, Rage against the vending machine brackets. We've all been there. He's right, we have.
Speaker 5: I tell you what I saw yesterday on the back of a truck, a vending machine that had like it did like look like a foot had gone through it.
Speaker 4: Rage against the vending machine. They are beasts. It's that jaw that you have to try and put your arm into, which could actually just cut your fingers off.
Speaker 5: That's a gold.
Speaker 4: That's a gold for Mark Pearl Jam Donuts Gold, the Mighty Mighty Boston Bun Gold, I don't cry, Presidents of the United Dates Silver. Least enjoyable snack or thing.
Speaker 5: Isn't it Dates?
Speaker 4: Nannin Grandad Food? That isn't it Snickers with attitude. Very nervous about reading that one out there, Really nervous, especially this early. I'm not going to give it a secondary Lamington Jones Bronze, Aerosmith's Chips Silver, Twisty's Sister Gold. That's very good, well done, Dim Sum forty one gold reference, very good at Jake Kick Katty Perry Silver. That's song Rachel and Violent Crumble Fans. Yes, gold, Yeah, very good, well done. You have to think about it well, Samantha two hours Time brand new Time Waster is painful songs and trust me, the ones I've got they are painful.
Speaker 8: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every Thursday on the show from seven am to a whole hour we don't play any songs picked by us. We give you the theme, you pick all the music.
Speaker 5: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour.
Speaker 4: Oh nick nig.
Speaker 9: Nig nick nag nag naked hour, Naked hour. Oh nick nake egg n nagg naked hour, naked hour.
Speaker 4: Al right, lines arepen now nine four one four one oh four three. We're looking for a whole hour picked by a year of songs that mention an item of clothing in the title. Let's see twenty four hours on how Pouncy did this. From where we were yesterday.
Speaker 2: I couldn't find a scarf song funnily enough, but it must be one, because I.
Speaker 4: Think there's like so many songs about various items of clothing. I didn't realize there's even about ten songs that have hoodie in the title. I've never heard a single song about having her. I think Ed Sheeran's got one.
Speaker 5: Do have ten hoodies? No scarf song?
Speaker 3: I agree? I want to fight for the scarf.
Speaker 5: Let's get in. If there's no scarf songs, let's rank an Australian artist to write as well.
Speaker 4: Well. I know one in the studio right.
Speaker 3: Now, exactly we're looking at one.
Speaker 4: He came up with a studio home.
Speaker 5: On rhyme zone, what's rhyme to his scarff?
Speaker 4: Yes, Scarfield, Scarfield, there you go, opening line already done? All right, Patsy, what's yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with Raspberry Beret by Prince?
Speaker 4: Great song? Now, have you got any pop up parts?
Speaker 2: I was having a little bit of a look last night. He was not, of course, on We Are the World back in eighty five? Do you know why him and Madonna actually were notable absentees?
Speaker 4: I didn't know Madonna wasn't there.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: No, It's funny because I said, why was Why was Madonna not asked? And she said, well I did, I wasn't asked, and I didn't necessarily want to put my hand up, And I thought, well, that's a missed opportunity, isn't it.
Speaker 5: But Prince kind of the thing like you didn't get invited to the party. I didn't want to go anywhere.
Speaker 4: I don't care about starving kids whatever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Prince wasn't on it either.
Speaker 2: Prince wasn't on it either, apparently because Bob Guildoff had told him that he was ugly or a creep or something.
Speaker 4: There's no way, Bob Godda, I've meant even a couple of times he started the whole thing with There's no way he would have said that.
Speaker 5: It seems like such a nice guy. Genuinely.
Speaker 4: They raised millions for the starving in Africa. There's no way would have gone to Prince You're ugly? You got it? Where did you read that?
Speaker 3: The google magine.
Speaker 4: Jackie Boy, what have you got? The a song that mentions and nights were clothing in the title. Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of my top three albums of all time is Weezer's Blue Album. From that album, the sweater song.
Speaker 4: How many more sweater songs are there? I think there's quite a few, Actually, I've got it. Ask then if this is in the top three, Green Day in that and I.
Speaker 5: Would have held the next two places, nim Rod and Tuki.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right. So songs that mentioned item A clothing in the title Forever in Blue Jeans, Neil Diamond, Nothing next to also an awesome song by Nancy Sinatra. Have you ever heard this song? These boots are made to Walking Joe. This is a beautiful.
Speaker 5: Song, these boots on it, And that's just what they'll do.
Speaker 10: One of these days, these boots are gonna wuckle over.
Speaker 4: I think they play that in Good Morning Vietnam. There's a great scene with that. All right, then over to you. Now you're picking all the songs from seven to eight lines are open. Now it's a song that mentions a piece of clothing in the title nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much to several fact checking listeners who sent links to a whole plethora of articles all over the web, all saying that and quenting that Prince refused, didn't want to do that. We Are the World. Yeah, it's quite easy theft to google it Prince and We Are the World. It comes up the first one about twenty more. There's a great story here. I love old school rock and roll. Prince didn't want to do it, apparently because of Michael Jackson. He also thought the song sucked, so Lionel Richie was roped in to call him, right, is so funny.
Speaker 5: You think it's like it's fistavo and it's like, yeah, but the song is not.
Speaker 4: About check Lionel Richie. In this interview, he said I sat with him in the longest time on the phone trying to persuade him to do it. I said, Prince, please come, everyone's in the studio. Can he come and do it? He then said, I don't want to be in the studio with some of those people. Can I do it in a separate room? Isn't that amazing? And then he offered just to play the guitar on it. And then Quincy Jones, legendary music producer, producer so many great songs, was insulted by the offer and said that he didn't need to effing played the guitar. Someone else can do that. So his lines they gave to Huey Lewis. That's the only reason we just got a line in the song. All right, now we know? Okay, So the Naked Hour today, we're looking for songs to mention an item of clothing in the title. Let's go to who we got here? Pete? Good morning, Pete, Morning guys, Pete. What should we play? Then? Songs that mentioned clothing? Blue jeans by Skyhooks.
Speaker 11: Everyboy, blue sweight shoes, blue jeans.
Speaker 4: Quite the old throw back kind of started this, isn't there, Pete? Thank you very much? You suggestion, maight have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you bye.
Speaker 5: That one will all have to say. It's welcome if we played it in full.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real quickly yeah, Brett, Good morning, Brett Ratt, Hello Brett, Hello, hello Brett. What song should we play this morning?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 8: I've got a.
Speaker 12: Double banger boy here, Christian, have cake with short skirt, long jacket?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I had this album. What will that? This song is brilliant.
Speaker 8: I want a girl with a short skirt and a lar.
Speaker 5: Jacket.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's going to give us that, Brett. This is a great choice, very very good. This will sound great this morning. Brett. Thank you very much, mate, Thanks God, cheers. Aaron, good morning, Good morning, Aaron. What song should be? Hello there?
Speaker 13: Hello, hello.
Speaker 4: Aaron. Yeah. Can you hear me? Yeah? I can? Good stuff, Aaron. What's your song? Sco all that to get this? Scoo me sing it all there, Aaron.
Speaker 10: Hong Kong Kong, don't this upstairs?
Speaker 4: Welcome to this one? All right, Aaron, thank you very much.
Speaker 14: You call.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Jared. Good morning, Jared, Christian, good morning.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jared, Welcome to the show. Have we been a good week so far? What happened? What should we play.
Speaker 15: I want to joke coffee.
Speaker 7: You can leave your head on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think this is in nine and a half weeks. Kelly, Thank you very much, Jared. Let's go to Jane. Good morning, Jane, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: I've got baggy trousers by Madness.
Speaker 4: Great great tune. This is a great one to play. Thank you the end of.
Speaker 7: Jane.
Speaker 5: Great suggestion and what a great time to play as well, because I told you guys, TikTok says, skinny jeans are out, baggy trousers up back.
Speaker 4: It's on point, Jack, It's on point. Jane. Thank you very much. You come, I have a good day.
Speaker 9: Welcome you to buy.
Speaker 4: All right, now, I know Pats you love Brian Adams, of course, but do you know this song. I've never heard of this one. Frank, good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning guys as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're good. So Frank, tell me about this Brian Adams songs that mentions a item of clothing.
Speaker 15: Yes, got a few items of clothing. And it's a special one because it was one of the songs that my wife and I use for our wedding day. It's Brian Adams. I want to be your underwear.
Speaker 4: What Sorry, that's not my point of objection here. This was on the wedding day.
Speaker 8: Have you not heard it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: No, But we need to we need to.
Speaker 11: Different time, guys, I mean, Franks, the priest is waiting looking out songs in the air.
Speaker 13: It was actually after we got married that we played that one beautiful.
Speaker 4: Beautiful moment. Thank you very much, Frank. Have you ever heard of that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: What year was it from doesn't make it all right. Whatever it was, surely he's at a time where you should have known better. Sweet love it.
Speaker 3: You're I feel a bit differently about him now.
Speaker 4: Canceled, Adams. It's not even seven o'clock, but that has just been canceled.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the question No Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Baggy Trousers, Madness kicking off songs that mentioned a light tom were clothing in the title. I thought that was, Oh, that must be about twenty years ago. The eighties was about twenty years ago. Oh no, that's forty three years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I feel old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, forty three years old, Fortuner, it's four decades.
Speaker 3: It's not half a century.
Speaker 4: I just thought, yeah, eighties, just like yesterday, because otherwise if it's not. Oh man, now, well that's a horrible realization. Well let's move on rapidly, all right, So ten minutes past seven this Thursday one, it's the Christian O'Connell show. The other day, I was saying that when I was Ireland, when I was an island last week on Saturday, my last there before making my long way back home here to Melbourne, had a couple of hours to kill in Dublin, and so I was trying to find somewhere I could leave out a suitcase and ten hours to kill. Don't if you've ever had to kill time and you've got your suitcase or your luggage and you don't know where do you put stuff like this? And I was like walking around the town with a flipping breech suitcase, irritating people like you know when they have tourists here, And I was like where where? And in the end I had to go to a backpacker's place. So look as dodgy as hell, right with this guy who appeared to be watching adult pornography whilst chatting to me and smoking indoors. And I'm thinking I may not see that suitcase or anything in it ever again. So I took out what was rich, Yes, for five bucks. Anything where someone will watch something for five bucks is dodgy. When I went back to it, I was like searching it. What's he putting here? Has he been sniffing my knickers or something? Anyway, outside Dublin train station, I do a double take. When Saturday morning in Dublin I see a guy in a West Coast Eagles jumper and baseball cap. I start talking to him, because you would if you see a footy fan anywhere in the world. You start You've got something to talk about. So we start talking about it all on here and I said to him, why are you wearing it now? And he goes, because the game's about to kick off and you know, it's like you know, it's first bounce, and I'm this is my lucky to I always play this when they're playing. Dude, you've got the time zones wrong. He goes, they paid yesterday and you got smashed. You're too late with your child he is, so say, He goes, no, no, no, you wand you are I went no, No, I got my phone out. This is it's overdune. It's too too late. He took his cap off. Like he was always going to bow his head to his team in respect. So I was asking, have you ever seen a Footy fan somewhere around the world. Turns out loads of you had. Lee has Florida twenty eighteen, walking through one of the Disney parks, spotted the guy wearing a Saint shup. Said hello, Christian, like you do you do? Go and start talking to him. Turned out he lived on the next road to me, out at the school that my kids had previously attended. Shannon walking into Jukes at Waikiki Outrigger in Hawaii to bump in a guy in a FI Fans stopped to say hello. We talked forty for five minutes. David. We arrived in Hawaii very tired. Walking down the street. We literally bumped into the first person we saw then Hawaii, Marcus Moonton Pelly. Do you think he was in his own kit boots and everything opening that people would recognize him? Paul Christian I was in the This is a Rugby Lee one. I was in Doha, capital of Qatar where the World Cup was last year, very large shopping mall, and I spotted right in the middle of a sea of traditional Middle Eastern Robes and Garbs Mare wearing a South Sydney rabbitose jersey. Was it Russell Crowe? By the end of this week, you must get me to tell a story that someone told me last and Steven Spielberg. It's a hell of a story. This comes from Bray. I was standing in line for a ride at Disneyland, probably wearing my Demon's cap, when a man next to me start to talking. It's Christian. Turns out he was some warrigor. It's a small world. Keep this coming. If you've ever been anywhere in the world and sported the fan around the world, email us Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Hey, speaking of footy fans around the world, I'm kind of dreading going to the footy this weekend, which I usually love to do, go and see the Bombers at dream Time and fee, but I'm going with my elderly neighbor. I Remember I told you I went to somebody school over summer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, You've got like this lovely new friendship with him, a new neighbor.
Speaker 5: He's been so generous to Bianco and I when we moved to a new neighborhood, making us feel part of the community. The kind of person who drop around a cup of milk.
Speaker 4: Or a bit of sugar if you picked up, they're waiting for a pastor delivery if you want there.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly. He's invited me to the footy. He's an MCC member, so go and sit in some special seats. He's a Richmond fan. I'm excited to go.
Speaker 4: So you're going in. You're going in the members, the coveted members. But this is great.
Speaker 5: The only thing I'm worried about is it's just me and him, and it's the train ride there, three hours at the game, train ride back. You know, almost up.
Speaker 4: This is your first this is your first big date. So I'm guessing previously it's been in context of either your house or his house.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, or even bumping into him at the park. Been passing by a five.
Speaker 4: Minutes, so there's an easy exit point there. I just need to get back. You know you can. You can leave that easily. You're there for a couple of hours. This is a big deal.
Speaker 5: I'm looking down the barrel of almost five hours of conversation.
Speaker 4: Well straight away, take the trip there out the way say you've got a business meeting beforehand?
Speaker 5: What business do I?
Speaker 4: Christians demanded, we need to come in and interview the base playing from Blondie for this week in music. Just say, Christian, he's like this sometimes, you know, guys getting he loves So just say you've got We'll just say you've got something going on in town, and then you'll meet him.
Speaker 5: And then do I actually going to the city and wondering you have otherwise suddenly here's your door slam.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, how don't that means you, Chris? You don't feel like it anymore. They pulled the whole thing, so you will need to go and do something, Okay, okay, so that wipe out a bit of it. So then you just meet him there.
Speaker 5: And then because they do a big pregame at dream Time, we've got to get there early, so there's still a lot of chat before the game.
Speaker 4: Here's what I'm prepared to do right today, I'm happy to write you a load of icebreaker questions. Yeah, I'll give you ten, and then I'll put them on a couple of index cards. I'll share them with you tomorrow and then in a breakdown in the conversation. Right because during the game. Silence is okay, because there'll be stuff going.
Speaker 5: This is this is what I'm comfortable with. You can chat about footy, and that's a great thing about footing. It's like whenever there's a lull, you can go. You know, they're not putting enough pressure on something generic like that. I just feel like I don't want to do four hours of that, So it would be nice to have some conversation.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I actually I can think of one straight away, just to give you an idea. Right, you go to him, Hey, do you like pizza? Everyone likes pizza. I stopped the question the ice This is a good icebreak, but there you go. It is do you like pizza? Right? And that old man otto? Right pizza? Why do you ask? Then you say, do you fold your pizza straightway? You talk about how you like pizza. You're off to a great conversation.
Speaker 5: I feel like the danger of that, especially as I'm pulling out my flash cards to read pizza on it. I'm happy to be in an earpiece two rows behind you. Okay, is it's just a it's a yes no answer. So do you like pizza? Yes?
Speaker 4: Do you know? Then? Hey, come on, you you've interviewed people. Follow up question, what's your favorite topping? Right? He starts to talk about that.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: And then you go, what are you standing on pine nap on it? Very controversial topic. Straightway, you filled five minutes and there's been a goal straight where you're back internaction. Then you go to another one of my questions of sinking off the top of the head. Here, if you if you were going to be reincarnated and come back as any animal or woul jimmy old man otto, all right, you need to prepare by what you would be Jack all right. Straight away the conversation. Other people are joining in, going I think I'd come back as a Mama's it. Other members Yeah, yeah, we're all going, yeah, you can now be a penguin and stuff like that. And you're going, hey, I'm just tratting to old man Otto here. Anyway, I'll do ten more of those tomorrow. Okay.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Glenn has seen a footy fan around the world. Good morning, Glenn, Christian. I was in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, nineteen ninety nine. Between the town at south of the falls. People come up to you and try and silly carvings and souvenirs. I was approached by a kid probably no older than about ten years of age, and I couldn't have but noticed he was wearing a fucking Zimbabwe kid of ten a Collingwood Premiers nineteen ninety two shirt. Being a Carl supporter, I did the right thing and brought nothing of them cuts off Glen Lindydal. All right. We took a bunch of calls yesterday about weird and unusual things that got stolen, and there were some amazing stories. We had to move on, so we're doing the parts of this morning on nine four one four one four three. Like Sally years ago, I lived on a farm, had to ride to the bus stop for school. My handlebars were gone when I got home from school, just the handlebars. Maggie, my host, My house was robbed and they took my Google Chrome Cast remote control but left the actual expensive thing, the Google Chrome Cast. Yesterday we had and do you remember the text that coming that's just as TV remote got stolen, which is the cruelest and most disruptive of all crimes.
Speaker 8: Christian no Connell Show podcasts.
Speaker 4: Ask you this morning what weird, unusual thing got stolen Jason Kelly, Good morning, Christian. I want to falling out of my flatmates who were a couple and I asked him to move out. When they left, they stole my tea spoons. This petty stuff is just the best. What's the story that Perry had?
Speaker 5: Perry's ex girlfriend when she left, he didn't realize for a year until years later that she stole one half of a bunch of pairs of socks.
Speaker 4: It's devious.
Speaker 5: He kept finding he kept finding one sock and not being out of fund and replaced them to it. And then when they made up and amicable years later, she said that she stole ten socks.
Speaker 4: All right, So when none easier things got stolen? On nine four one four one four three, come on in tave, here you go, guys, we're good, Dave. So what got stolen?
Speaker 12: I did a job where I replaced four doors. They had doggy doors in him, went out to shop, went out to a shopping centered to get some lunch, and come back and they were taking them from the top of the trailer.
Speaker 4: Well, just in that broad daylight, in.
Speaker 12: Broad daylight, four four doors with stew of made holes in them, like massive holes in them. We came back and found the straps on the floor and the doors gone.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. Someone just dry spy and go quickly. Let's just take them.
Speaker 5: Will never get this.
Speaker 4: It's a big one, is come on, Danny ocean Dave. Thank you very much. She called my have a good days, Grant, Good morning, Good morning Christian. I'm good mane. I hope you're well, Grant. And what got stolen?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I love of a reuver.
Speaker 15: You know, someone bringing the car at some side one may and ye, they stole the gustic book and one hoodrous color.
Speaker 4: Again what are you doing with that? Why bother?
Speaker 10: But know he is more distinctive. I need to sing to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Grant, thank you very much. She called it's got to Sharon now, good morning Sharon.
Speaker 16: Hi Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm going to welcome to the shown Sharon. And what got stolen?
Speaker 16: Well, it didn't happen to me, it happened to my friends. So I was staying up at I think it's the Blue Dolphin Caravan Park in Yamba, and I had one to meet Raff from the night before at the hour or so, and they decided to make a curry in their slow cooker and let it cook through the night in their annex outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lovely.
Speaker 16: And they came out the morning and it was gone, the whole thing, the slow cooker, the.
Speaker 4: Curry mystery, the Blue Dolphin caravan park.
Speaker 5: That's why people want to be anonymous. When they win a big, big prize like the lottery in case they get wrong. But the meat, like the meat rufe, people know that they've got that meat.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's too public, isn't it. Yeah. The next time we did the big home drawer before a big four million meat prize, four million dollars worth of meat. Saron, that's a great one. Thank you very much to kill me.
Speaker 13: I have a good days to see you.
Speaker 4: Bye bye now, Vanessa, Hi, how are you going? I'm good, Vanessa? What got stolen?
Speaker 14: A Duran Duran cassette and it can of hairspray.
Speaker 4: This crime the bar. Yeah, you don't give us someone with big high hair simon them on look alike, Vanessa. Thank you very much. You cool. Keep this coming. The weird and Unusual Things that got stolen.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're asking we're an unusual thing that got stolen, Scotty Christian, I'm good, Welcome to the show. Scott What did they take? A log off a fire, A big overnight log, put a big we used to call them all night as you put it on.
Speaker 17: Get up in the morning, it's still burning.
Speaker 15: Got up and it was gone.
Speaker 17: And I knew because there was a trail of carl and so did you trace it all the way to.
Speaker 15: The c I ran out sort of halfway up the.
Speaker 4: Hill spontaneously combusted or it remained? Was the child remains of the log?
Speaker 15: Yes, all the way up the hill.
Speaker 4: What a strange, pointless thing to take.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we were right in the bush.
Speaker 17: There was plenty of woodline, alright.
Speaker 4: No shortage out there. Yeah, alright, Scottie. Thanks you, Cormte, you have a good day.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Tina are you yep?
Speaker 18: Uh yeah, Tina story. I'm thirty five year old, practice out my dad's cat back in Adelaide.
Speaker 4: It's a prickly thing. You gotta have gloves or something in one of those things. It's not an easy thing. Hot logs, cactus. That's a hard thing to get away with, isn't it?
Speaker 17: Go well prepared?
Speaker 4: They were prepared. What do you mean, sort of scouting it out for a while.
Speaker 6: It was a weekend before Mother's Day, so.
Speaker 4: That's what everyone dreams of as a thirty five year old cactus. Prickly, horrible, aggressive plant. You Tina, thank you very much. You call. Let's go to Mick now, Good morning Mick. Guys. Hello, we're good Mick. And what weird unusual thing got stolen from you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: I went to an Angel concerts and went home, went to bed, got up the next morning, went to work, come home my bungalow I was differing with Mum and dad. Bungalow got open into and my Angel shirt and pair of drops were gone.
Speaker 4: My god, scoundrels. Meck, that's a great one. Thank you very much. You cool Kim, Good morning.
Speaker 16: It's morning.
Speaker 6: Christian.
Speaker 14: Had about nine hundred dollars worth of paint in my garage and I went to paint and someone had stolen all of it and replaced it with old paint in different colors.
Speaker 10: This is pretty bizarre.
Speaker 5: So they'd open up tins of your paint.
Speaker 14: Out my tins were My tins were open because I was actually painting, and I put it away in the garage, went to work for a couple of days went to go back to keep painting, and I went out and all the tins were different, different colors. Some were even hard as a rock.
Speaker 18: They just chopped all mine and retried to around.
Speaker 5: Pain doing the crime. Why leave something else behind?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't get a less sentence for replacements.
Speaker 5: It's like Indiana Jones trying to replace the idol with a bag of hands.
Speaker 4: Kim, it's a strange one. You never understood it beat away at me for years. Kim, Thank you very much. She called, I have a good day thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Christian O Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So my wife is doing a friend a good deed in the moment. And I think there are three big good deeds in life when it comes to friends. Give them a ride to the airport, have the move house, and then the really big one, can you look after my shop? So my wife is doing the big one. She's looking after a friend of hers shop. So two days ago she went and got trained up. She's got to go and open it and actually till trained and stuff like this in a shop she has no experience in working. It's a home functionings place in Hampton did.
Speaker 5: She ever do retail before she was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah yeah so and even in afters when she quit her as well, she worked in a health food shop for about a year and a holme she did. Yeah yeah when we and when we when I first started in radio and the salary was not great. We all and also we both have part time jobs. When you start radio, you do not start radio to earn money. We start Sarah and I started a cleaning business. So what the weekend we would go around cleaning people's homes. When you listen when yep, so.
Speaker 5: Did you sell it on the show, like all right, and that's it?
Speaker 4: And I don't forget that's the end of show it if you need your house scrawling at the weekend. Funny we didn't, but I remember we when we were when she was trying to get it going, we were and we were doing you know, you go door to door leaflet dropping or something a couple. Are you the guys on the radio? Guy? Why would I be cleaning your home at the weekend because of how little they paid me. So anyway, today I want to know what have you ever had to look after a friend's shop? If you have? And also this morning, I didn't know it was broken. So many times you hear stories about someone who had hurt their foot and then carry on for a while, and then you go back to the doctor because it's not going away, and they go, yeah, this is broken bank.
Speaker 5: His mum was walking around with him on this big family holiday. They had keep complaining about her foot, and no one really gave it.
Speaker 4: Constant holiday family, your in laws are constantly on a holiday.
Speaker 5: And two weeks after they got back from the holiday, she's finally going to the doctor and now overnight she said, hey, my foot is broken and I've just been walking around on it all.
Speaker 4: Right, so this morning I didn't know it was broken. And have you hou's a friend out by looking after the shot during a lunch break or half a day. Oh, and do you need your house clean this weekend? Still got on the cloths.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Someone's this email we going Christian harm sounds horrific. The first job you had on radio, how much did you get You were in radio paid per show? Right, So my first radio show, this is bear in mind, this was a breakfast show, right, was seventy bucks a day a day, seventy bucks a show. That's why my wife and I had a cleaning business at the weekend to try and pay the bills. So, and this was the biggest station in a city. Was there about one point two million? So it wasn't It was a place called Boormouth, So it's a decent sized city, one point two million people, and it was the biggest radio station. But they were so tight, and I was just so desperate, terrible mixed that to start a calling. Already seventy bucks a day I got, all right, So the sawning then you didn't know it was broken. And have you ever looked after the shop for somebody? It might be an hour or two. Now you spoke to someone who didn't want to come on air.
Speaker 5: No obviously using a fake name, because they first said, this is the Jordan they've got Big Gordon. Got Gordon. He didn't want to come on air in case anyone recognize his name. He looked after a main shop. It was like an antique storm and his girlfriend came to visit the shop, so they locked the shop up and on one of the antique beds they made use of one of the ends.
Speaker 4: Well, they made out on like an anti ottoman one of.
Speaker 5: The full sized beds. They they christened it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I doubt they christened it if it's that old. I think someone might have done that in that bed before. Best chat for me in that inn a him, Helen, Good morning, Helen, good morning. Hello, Hello, roll with that one. Okay, why not? And Helen, what didn't you know is broken at the time?
Speaker 18: Okay, So a couple of years ago, I fell in the bathroom and hurt my leg, crawled around the house, got dressed, landed on the couch in the lounge, and my sister calls and says, I'm coming to your side of town. I'm going to go and see and you can would you like to come for a drive? Just come and pick me up and stuff. So off we went to the caryad. I decided to stay in the car and wait.
Speaker 13: She comes back.
Speaker 18: She bought a new can't. So you're all right, I think I've hurt my foot. I need to go home. So I've gone home, link into the house, down on the couch and this doesn't feel right, got myself off to the hospital. I had broken the tibia and lephibia in my left leg. Clean break straight across agony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agony, agony which listen, Helen, thank you very much your story.
Speaker 18: There, you're welcome e a good.
Speaker 4: Day and you and you are you. I think the boy is going to give me seventy bucks, not really move things forward, have I. Let's go to doubt. It took a long time, didn't it. Deborah?
Speaker 17: Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Deborah? So which one are you calling in about? Did you break something? I didn't realize at the time.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so I broke something, and I didn't realize at the time. I thought I'd broken something, but I didn't know what. So I was riding my bike because chasing a fire engine, so rested for disaster.
Speaker 4: I got to just pause it from a minute. Why were you chasing a fire engine?
Speaker 17: Because I wanted to see where the fire was?
Speaker 4: All right, okay, so you were a kid at the time. It was just cutbacks at the fire department.
Speaker 17: There's all right, it's a long time ago now. So anyway, I I'm chasing the bike, chasing the fire o engein went too wide around a bend, hit the brakes, but couldn't stop in time, slightly hit the cement light pole, went over the handlebars of my bike landed on the ground and my arm went numb. So I thought I'd broken my arm, and so I put it in like imagined. I had eddie a sling and got back on the bike, rode back up the hills back home, and then I got when I got them, I'm feeling around chairs. No, no, it's not broken.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 17: I could move my wriarst all the rest of it. Just like, don't have a shower, I bring out the breezing. So I went into the bathroom, grabbed my t shirt, went to pop, take it off over my head and that's when the collarbone actually popped out of play. So it had been a hairline fracture until then, and then it was a clean break. Didn't broake until then.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. And kids on the school run right now, before the internet, this is what we would do. We get on our bikes, chase after fire. That's up with sirens, chases exactly how it used to be back in the day. Deborah, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Worried well Christian Connell's show podcast right now.
Speaker 4: Few last calls, then, have you ever helped somebody out looking after a shop and you didn't know it was broken Deborah Hallo, Debra, so you looked after someone's stool?
Speaker 13: I think I did.
Speaker 6: We're in My husband and I were in Saltburg in Austria and we were looking at a seven stall and the lady was busting to go the tour lead, so she asked us to mind the store for us. Taurus No, and of course we didn't speak the lingo. And anyway, she was gone for about fifteen minutes. We were so relieved when she got back.
Speaker 5: Did you make any sales?
Speaker 6: No, lots of window shoppers, but no. Thank goodness really, because we wouldn't have known what to do.
Speaker 4: No, I bet, Debra, that's a great story. Thank you very much. She gives us a call. Have a good day. No, very thanks by Boye Jason. Jason, So I think this is your son. You didn't know it's broken at the time.
Speaker 15: No. He actually won his first jiu jitsu tournament with a broken elbow, only to get a phone call from the hospital which we did get x rayed earlier the week beforehand, to say, yeah, you get a coming, it's broken.
Speaker 5: So the hospital already knew before the tournament that.
Speaker 15: He had No we got to x ray the Thursday and they couldn't give us a dippin in advanter. So my son was adamant to play to the tournament anyway, and we got the phone call on one day as we sent him to the school. So you better bring him in. It's broken at Yeah, whatever you do.
Speaker 5: Do not let him go in any tournaments like a modern day karate kid.
Speaker 4: The Jiu Jitsu Kid movie does Dana White this, it's called sign him Up for the Well in the US is coming to Sydney. Your sun needs to be competing. Sorry, all right, thank you, Jason. Let's go to Dave. Good morning, David.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, Christian. A long time ago, about thirty years ago, I used to I had a brother in law that owned a fish and chip shop and a few other bits and pieces, and I had to help him run it for a day with the girlfriend at the time, and she was into food but I wasn't. And she went away and the freezer had turned itself off through power outage or something, and I didn't know, and I didn't think anything of it, so I just saw it was off and turned it back on and it was all good. And then some people wanted some fish and chips and it was that pre packed fish. It wasn't fresh enough, so I just grabbed a few pieces out of the freezer and cooked it up in. About half an hour later they came back in and the bloke came back in and said, there's something wrong with your fish.
Speaker 18: Mate.
Speaker 13: We've all been throwing its guts up over in the park after.
Speaker 4: Rehearseated fish and somebody's oval. Delightful. Wow, employee of the month. Great story, David, Thank you very much. Keep it for me. Was she was into food and I was.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: My wife is just about to open up the shop of a friend of hers that she's going to be working today looking after it. She's the only person there yesterday, Patsy, what do you think about this idea? Yes, I said to Jack and Rio, I said maybe we should call right, call the shop with a series of prank calls about asking for we're my candles, because she'd be really nervous, right and just non stop calls for an hour about people ask about the candles.
Speaker 5: He pats he was actually annoyed that she doesn't open the shop till nine o'clock and we'll be off there. I was thinking of asking her to open an hour early.
Speaker 3: You know what, she wouldn't know in the first.
Speaker 4: Five It wouldn't be me. It wouldn't be me. Now I'd get the team to do it. She would not be all and she'd put on like an extra post accident and go, oh, yes, how can help you? And then we're that candles a comedy that won't be on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 5: And which bit is the brank?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 3: You know what you could do?
Speaker 2: I reckon we should hand seend like a heap of uber food, like every five minutes, just deliveries, just keep turning up. We know the pranks every five minutes she gets to do.
Speaker 4: It, does jackass? There's some chips from Sarah us.
Speaker 5: For spending thirty to forty dollars every five minutes to do a bank.
Speaker 4: New feature, though Patsy's Pranks starts next week on the show Watch out. You never know there's chips coming to you. It's Patsy's Pranks. You've been chipped. Do write that down, producers now, just as an experiment.
Speaker 5: Then Uber driver after uber brows in somebody's workplace.
Speaker 4: What a nice brank? All right? Time wasted today on World Pain Avoidance Day, Please listeners, please, Every day we say avoid the pain. Scientists I didn't know this have an instrument for measuring pain called a dolmeter. Okay, and they've worked out the top five most painful conditions. What do we think of the most painful things to happen?
Speaker 3: It's got to be kidney stones. I've hit those before.
Speaker 4: Boom number two. This is a land injury. Labor not even in the top five. It's not a condition, isn't it that that would beyond like too strong? Too strong?
Speaker 5: Kicking the balls.
Speaker 4: It's not a condition, isn't it. My friend's not very well? What's he sing? Kicking the balls? Why do you rush it as well? Kicking the balls? Ruttured clackers are at number three result of okay, five appendent scientists four toothache and number one slip disc and rears put here in the back. I've had one in my eye before. And throats right, How was thick? Does he think? I am? Answered that it would have been funny or chips? All right. We're looking for painful songs. Painful songs today on the time waste, Oh my god, Princess hurt himself that's right, Purple Sprain, Yes, Silus, he didn't know it's broken. Now we don't want any more of those ever. Again. I heard it through the grape vine, the Beatles. They're in pain, that's right, yeah, gout nasty inflammation. And Jennifer Page that's why she's got thrunt. Whoa that it's a condition? Is a condition? Uncomfortable? Friend told me Jack, what have you got? Uh?
Speaker 5: Smash Mouth have hurt themselves. What's happening? They're walking on the sun without shoes?
Speaker 3: What a train wreck?
Speaker 4: I want to give you seventy bucks walking on the s Paul for Coo we rob level. Sorry, Paul even you've got to agree.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna like this though. No, Bob Dylan's hurt himself. Yeah yeah, he hurt his knuckles because he was knocking on heavy door.
Speaker 4: Come on, you're better than this. Come on, let's just start again. Let's pretend that didn't happen, okay, or making a candle call in.
Speaker 5: Five okay, I'll finish with TLC and their most famous song.
Speaker 4: What was that again? Those scrubs?
Speaker 5: No toe stubs?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm over to you now do this? What have you got them? Pain for songs.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Have you guys got some cable ties in there? No, I've got bunch. Just went back to my desk in the newsroom. There's a bunch of cable ties at each terminal. Apparently it's tie up your cables.
Speaker 2: Day at Gold We've all got to tie up our cables at our desks.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't hate I don't have a desk here. Actually, the only desk I have because I'm a radio go half man half desk is this hm.
Speaker 3: So I don't think that seemed my job description.
Speaker 5: Ooh, whose is it?
Speaker 3: It's not mine?
Speaker 4: Should you know the show? Maybe this is a thing for later, I mean, twenty four hours ago we had her strange. I suppose you're still where we're on air.
Speaker 5: I think she thinks we're off air again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, trail mix is coming out in a minute, all right. So we're looking for your painful songs. Jack, you ready to mark?
Speaker 5: Let's do it?
Speaker 4: Ak ak ak achy Heart, silver Man, Slaughter on my dance floor, bloody else, Sam, you can keep it long? Uh blister and the bum. There we go. We found the cold is Amy well done in pain in the membrane. Gold, I don't cav wonder wound.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 4: I want to scold your hand silver limp like an Egyptian silver blondie with rupture, baby got back ache, silver pas rolling your ankle in the deep Gold, nasty, I'm uh begs with trying to stay alive.
Speaker 5: No wit Where do you this one?
Speaker 4: Pat Benatar hit me with your pet rock, Yes, Bronze, blame it on the spraying instead of rain.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 4: Not stand by me, but stand on me foot, Bronze. Ricky sent this one in. It's a little bit of a kind of direction from Ricky for me. I did my birst Ricky stairway to a brackets better verbally, but it's me falling down the stairs. I thought that what happened, But did it just as Ricky Clyde proclaimers, Who've got a painful song? Not five hundred miles, five hundred piles That is nasty from Sue Welde Me and Bobby scrapement knee Silver Pinki the tiger Silva. Are you going to rear my girl? What are you arding? Bron's jack one of this that anti beggar heard you. You can't stop the mucus. You can't stab the mucus.
Speaker 5: Mucus isn't really painful.
Speaker 4: Oh, it can be congestion. You go and check the team at Chimis Warehouse. I tell you it can be very painful. Shingle bells, gold, and finally by Richard. I was not by Richard, but it is Richard. I was made for chafing you baby by kiss Oh okay.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast, Christian Workplace safety is everybody's responsibility that comes from county at work safe. Listen, nobody isn't here alive today because of an errand desk cable. All right, tomorrow's show today Nature Strip Radio, we'll be back. If you're trying to sell something at the moment, maybe on marketplace, let us sell it for you like this. We could be selling this Kenny's antique dressing table with beveled edge mirror one hundred bucks or best offer. So if you're trying to sell anything, what you're thinking about it, let us sell it for you tomorrow email me Nature Strip Radio, christ Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and tomorrow. If there's somebody you want to say thank you to, but it might have been a while, the moment just passed you by, You've got distracted, and then you haven't ever got the chance to actually say thank you to somebody. Tomorrow late thank you after something Jack was sharing with me when we're talking about a team member, Perry and his wife. They're expecting their first child any day now, so really exciting for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Biank and I often talk about a nurse we had during the birth of our son who we absolutely loved, but in the chaos of him being born and like you're meeting him for the first time, we didn't get to say thank you to her, and before we knew it, she'd left for the day. And she really changed the pace of our labor. Like we were ten hours in and we'd hit this slump, and you know, they said, like, ah, he's sort of gone backwards in it could be hours now. And then they swapped over nurses and this girl came in and she was brilliant. She really made banker feel comfortable.
Speaker 4: Such a difference.
Speaker 5: She was awesome, and in the chaos of it all, I can't even remember her name, but we loved her so much and she really helped us through it. And we often think we don't even know how to thank her because we can't remember her name. But she did know the radio show. She was a listener of the radio show. So if you were that person and you're hearing this, and you were.
Speaker 4: So was you went the maternity ward of Witch Hospital.
Speaker 5: Maternity ward at Francis Perry and she would remember we talked about dumplings in Coburg.
Speaker 4: This is great. That's one of those those misconnections. You were the dumpling lady. I was a man with my newborn child. Maybe not misconnections.
Speaker 5: But if you're hearing us from both Biancha and I and ou s, I'm Gordon, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, so late thank you though. For jacksone. That's about a year and a bit, isn't it from when it was born. It might be going about five, ten or even more years. So it doesn't matter about how long this thank you is. It's important you get the thank you out tomorrow. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We're back tomorrow. Have a great day.
Speaker 8: Look Christian O'Connell Show Podcast