Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Christian o'connells Show podcast to now for Patsy to tell us the song that sums up her week.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: This was my afternoon yesterday.
Speaker 2: I have this.
Speaker 4: Really strong dislike and I don't know what it is, but this really really strong hatred the drivers who insist on reversing into a car park.
Speaker 5: Why why why do you have the hatreds?
Speaker 2: It's the most efficient way to parking.
Speaker 4: No, I copped to yesterday afternoon, I was in a hurry. I was at the supermarket car park. I had a very small window in which to park my car, getting get a few things, get back before school was off for lunch and to make lunch for Missy. And it just holds you up like you're waiting there and inevitably they can the terrible at parking. Maybe that's why they try to reverse. I don't know. It takes them about five attempts to swing their big backside at suv or double trade that's still going. Why why do they do it? And I noticed on Saturday morning at swimming and Chris, my husband is one of the main offenders, insists on backing into the park. We can be five minutes like, oh, hang on, I've just got a back in.
Speaker 3: It's the safest way to do it because then when you're coming out, you see people, you see the cars.
Speaker 2: It's the safest way to exit the car park.
Speaker 4: But it takes too much.
Speaker 2: Why if you're a.
Speaker 5: Good parker, Patsy, eventually you're going to if you reverse in or you reverse out, eventually you're going to be doing the slow reverse on the way out. They'll hold you up because they have to look over their shoulder and slowly reverse.
Speaker 4: It's quicker. What difference does it make? What difference do I don't see the point anyway. It just holds me up needlessly, and I do not like it.
Speaker 3: This is honestly biggest rant in almost two years THESS Show.
Speaker 1: It really does. It does.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: There are many things where you go off on one. I go, yeah, I'm one hundred percent behind that. I have never been irritated by someone doing that. I just think, no, they're a good parker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I actually think then when when they go to leave, it will be so easy for them to leave.
Speaker 4: Thing Christian, they're not good parkers because it takes them up to five attempts to do it properly. They can't. Just like even with rear vision.
Speaker 3: It shows someone who is a confident parker that actually.
Speaker 4: Goes quite good. I am quite good at.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I think we should just shake hands today. You've had a good ten years and let's move on. You have actually gone crazy today. I say this with love. No, no, you've actually lost the plot. Now you have an imaginary conversations with me about questions I didn't ask, yes, I am thank you what anyway, I just don't pray that I get in front of you at a car park. I'm going to take I'm going to balls it up on posing. Just give me a second to.
Speaker 5: Get out and.
Speaker 3: Give me another one drives me inside Christian podcast Christian, I'm with Patsy.
Speaker 2: This is reversing into car spots.
Speaker 3: Is something new. No, it's not. It's not new. It's something new and it's for those who can't drive. It takes forever. I'm with you, Patsy. Why it's mostly a male thing, I will never understand it. That's from Jen. We've actually got calls. People feel very strongly on this, Patsy, John, good morning.
Speaker 6: They're not going to do it in the car park. They do it in their drive ways of time to and it just makes it it's frustrating, like and I can't even do it in one go with three or four goals and everyone's just looking in it and it's just frustrating. And it's time and streaming. And I've grown with Petsy. It is just for us driving thing.
Speaker 3: John, Thank you very much. Give us a cool buddy. Thanks having saying have a nice week. Can let's go to a Karen.
Speaker 1: It's illegal to drive into a car park.
Speaker 2: It's not, is it?
Speaker 1: If you reverse out of the car park and hit a car, which I have been the victim of the person that reverses into your car is legally liable for damages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair enough.
Speaker 1: It is also legal to reverse out of your driveway.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's I don't think that's I don't think that's it's a law about that.
Speaker 2: We'll be talking in the driving tests. Surely.
Speaker 1: No. My father reversed out of a driveway and hit.
Speaker 2: A car is in prison.
Speaker 3: That's what I told you seven ten years that car out one.
Speaker 5: Day, Karen, if that is true?
Speaker 3: Can verify this all right, Karen's gone, Joe. Yes, I'm good, buddy, Joe. What do you reckon? They're reversing into a our parking spot.
Speaker 7: I'm with past one hundred percent. It frustrates the hell out of me because what she said, a lot of them can't even do it. So most of the time I'm sitting there waiting and I just want to get out of the car and tell them old thought for you, because you're hopeless. So anyone out that it's twisting that does it?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Joe, You go, Joe, Joe, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Have a nice we care mate. I'll try now.
Speaker 3: Okayta, you're a drive instructor. I am a dry I already want to hear your teake on this.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 8: Chris is actually right? It is safer to reverse park into a spot because you can eyeball it before you actually get into it, and because of the way that your car pivots, it's safer than to drive out, and it doesn't take as many bites to drive out as it does to actually get in. And I agree there are some people that struggle to do it, But if you watch people reversing out of spots, they take a lot more because they've got to position their car to get the bond at part out without hitting the cars decide them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see, Patsy, that's the thing I reckon. You're going to get the slow reverse one way or an other, whether it's in or out, So why does it matter if they do it?
Speaker 2: And yeah, they're very cautious. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: It's all about the pivot. I'm a Mechada and this it all comes down to the pivot.
Speaker 8: Yeah. When that other caller, Karen, I think we're saying that it's illegal to reverse. She's sort of right. It's not illegal to park front end, but anytime you're reversing, if you hit something, then that is the part that actually becomes illegal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're liabel, you're fault.
Speaker 8: It's incumbent on the person who's reversing to make sure that it's safe to do so. And if you have to look, those car parks in shopping centers now are a lot tighter than what they have been in the past, and our cars are a bit bigger as well. You don't have a lot of room to think, so you're watching corners and all the rest of it to try and make sure that you're not hitting front corners and stuff, and people are struck trying to get past because they're too impatient to sit there while people.
Speaker 2: Do you know a couple you know, just.
Speaker 5: Drivers curse all right, leaning down on the horn. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I think if you're going, if you're driving with this mindset that other people can't drive and it's frustrating you, then you need to take a breath as well, because you're actually putting your top under a lot of.
Speaker 3: Stress that you take a breath right now.
Speaker 2: Just take a breath, Patsy, take a breath.
Speaker 3: Run it off, pats The Christian O'Connell Show podcast