Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Jack Post, good morning, Good to see you, Patsy, Great to see you again.
Speaker 4: You too.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 3: So we've had a two week break and I came in early today because I just want to make sure I was there for the team. And there's been a few changes in the last two weeks. The team was here. I walk in at five twenty five twenty most of you asleep, the team having a team meeting. We're all here, and then my phone ping's Jack Post. Word for word, this is the message. I can't get into my car. I'm running five minutes late, and we're like, yep, everything is back and ready to go.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 6: You've got the smartest car in the world, a Tesla.
Speaker 1: Too futuristic.
Speaker 6: Why is muskielew locking out the users.
Speaker 1: With the Tesla?
Speaker 7: The phone is your key and overnight I did that thing where you thought you plugged it in, but you did a fan to plug the phone.
Speaker 1: Wasn't true.
Speaker 3: You sound like in the work experienced kid who turned up late to work on a Monday. You're a grown ass man. Get in your car. You know the phone didn't charge you.
Speaker 1: Can't. You can't physically open the door. So I'm sifting through drawers really annoy looking for they do have this key, that's like a credit.
Speaker 3: You've got a bicycle. Do you cared about this job?
Speaker 6: You'd cycle your ass in.
Speaker 3: You're only ten minutes away, super charge tall man like you. Three strikes, you're here, so perhaps you what what was your Easter?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: What did you do? Oh?
Speaker 5: We had a great easter, lots of day trips. Went out to a farm on the weekend, which was nice, to a lavender farm that was beautiful.
Speaker 3: I remember those days where no one chooses to go to leavender farmers, and that's you'd you've run out of things to do with the kids.
Speaker 6: It's not like that now, Thisten.
Speaker 3: No teenager wants to dreams of going being dragged to a lavender farm.
Speaker 7: We got to go, Mum, every kid at school is going, and I just got to be excluded.
Speaker 1: Can we make lavender homemade pillows or husbands?
Speaker 5: For that point, he couldn't see the point in going, And I said, trust me, it was a.
Speaker 3: Big Christian fall to sleep in those lavender fills.
Speaker 1: I've been to the lavender farm.
Speaker 7: That was one we did when we ran out of things to take my in laws too as they were visiting.
Speaker 3: I've been to I've been to one of the leavender farms here three times. The various guests visitors come here where you run out of things to do, because if you come from the UK, you ain't just staying here for three days.
Speaker 6: We go love you see it.
Speaker 3: They're here for a long ass time, too long to say.
Speaker 6: So it's like you're going to be.
Speaker 3: Going to even they're like, what about Great Ocean Road? Don't want about that?
Speaker 1: Catch around to Lavender Farm is international. Guests expect things like the Sydney Harbor Bridge, the Opera.
Speaker 3: We run out very quick. Yeah do the MG yes, come mcg Ocean Road and Lavender Farm.
Speaker 6: That's what Melbourne's built on.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that lavender is not blooming at the moment. So we got here.
Speaker 3: Just what they called it a fallow fields.
Speaker 6: Just imagine when this is inlo.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's like a carpet of.
Speaker 6: Lever right now, it's just scorched.
Speaker 1: But please walk through the museum where you.
Speaker 3: See that they give shop, get some seeds and actually sprinkle them. So what did you seem to you.
Speaker 5: I was trying to be positive. You guys, it's just a heap of shrubs, and I said, yeah, but you can still smell the lavender, at least.
Speaker 2: From Mazing Pats the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So my wife and I got back at midnight to Melbourne Airport from the UK. I went back home for you. Still haven't seen my mom and dad and my sister for two years. And it was lovely seeing everyone, but you know, sometimes in life you need to see something the same thing happening a couple of times before you realize there's a pattern here. It felt like felt like it was a spreading misery tour because everywhere I went there was a beautiful emotional reunion with my mom and then my dad and then my sister. And then when you have to say goodbye to them, they are utterly heartbroken as you drive away in a high car and you see them utterly crestfalling as you actually say the words out loud to your own family, see you again in a year, like that's okay, because to me it's like back next year, like it's a normal thing. And you see them waving and.
Speaker 6: That's all it was for two weeks the way you went.
Speaker 3: Everyone's so lovely to see you, and then either the next day or a couple hours later, going see you in a year's time. As you drive away in silence, my wife and I we were like, wait, we're now going to do that again, to do that again? And I wrote down it was eight beds. We stayed in eight different beds in fourteen days. And I tell you what, when I do go back next year, I'm taking my own pillow. What it does when you're a certain age, when you when you have eight different pillows. I swear to God. Three o'clock today, I've got phizzio appointment.
Speaker 6: What's wrong with me?
Speaker 3: I haven't slept on my own pillow in two weeks. I didn't realize the damage it's done to me, eight different new pillows. My neck can't handle this. I need my memory phone.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be It's like a Goldilock situation.
Speaker 1: Too soft, too hard. Yeah, it's just going to be right in the middle there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I was waiting for my baggage.
Speaker 3: Your baggage reclaim is midnight, okay, and we just got off fourteen hour flight.
Speaker 1: Why did you choose the last fly. Did you come in on?
Speaker 3: Oh no, do you know what you guys? Superk that? Oh mate, my wife, do you know what time we got on? Do you want to be getting on a plane at two thirty am into Bay which is the world's craziest and biggest mega airport. That means you're checking in at about eleven o'clock. There's no one there. My wife goes it is it easiest to move around it when you think, no, no one wants to fly eleven o'clock at night, two thirty am. We bought, we're boarding. It's just your body doesn't know what's going on. You thinking of fourteen hours and then we're like bickering, going do we sleep now or do not fall asleep yet? Chris, stay away? I can't. The sleep's taking me. What's gonna happen to me? Will I still be do the radio show? You slapping? My boat's got to stay away? But the sleep's taking me. Anyway. When we were waiting for our luggage after a fourteen hour flight, you know, these different types sucks. And I was waiting for the bags and Sarah going to get a trolley to point at the right way because obviously if you've been international getting the bags, it's that's the easy bit. You're then going to go and do that long, old snaky queue to Australia Border Force Patrol, the toughest, most feared in the world. You better not have mud in that bag. Have you been near a river? Have you got mud in that bag? Pam, you cannot come back in this country. We're going to burn that suitcase.
Speaker 1: I know your sister is a farmer.
Speaker 3: I was nowhere near that farm. I drove past it.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So with us the breaker went back home and see my mom, my dad and sister. Hadn't seen them for two years. So it's a very emotional, very lovely time over there. And for once in the UK spring actually the weather was half decent. It's still rained for half the time. But even though you go this is amazing this weather, well it's only rained fifty percent of the time here. And whenever my wife and I go back to the UK, and that's always going to be home. But this is home for us. It's half for people to understand. But on our last night, we were staying at some of our oldest friends and they'd gathered around of our friends, the surprises. We all had drinks and a takeaway to it was so there's about fourteen people sat at the table. My wife went to toilet and they said to me, do you think you'll never move back? And too quickly I said I'd had to cut a glass of wine. I said nothing, We'll bring me back here and.
Speaker 1: The table the table.
Speaker 3: Someone actually went, WHOA didn't need any time to think about that, and I went, sorry, just really appreciate so and I really appreciate this kind of second act of our life. Off this is this is home.
Speaker 1: Now I will bring.
Speaker 3: Nothing and not even friends, right, but anyway, thanks for organizing this takeaway so you get in a year's time. Anyway, when I was, when I was waiting to get my bags at Baggage reclaimed Saturday at midnight, right after forteen hour flight that we got on in Dubai at two thirty am, just physically and emotionally and I believe spiritually broken right waiting for the bags, well, I'm going to get a trolley, and I was just all I was just literally like a highlight reel of upsetting my family in that saying goodbye to I'm thinking, here is a long time. My god, what a strange thing to do to live here, all these thoughts going around like you do, and it's very late at night. I'm so confused. I don't feel tired, but I'm very tired. Anyway. I'm I'm leaning. I've extended the little you know, that telescopic handle you have, and I carried on case, the little one to carry on one. I'm leaning on it, slumped right, sweating. I don't look in a good word. I actually just I am unbroken. And then one of our listeners, very funny guy who will later on you as a Matt.
Speaker 6: Some guy just.
Speaker 3: Comes up to me, stands in front of me, mine's taking a photo, and goes, New Billboard.
Speaker 6: You're a funny dude.
Speaker 3: What's your name? Matt? Matt the listener, and I realized he was on the same flight as me, on the same row, and I kept seeing him looking over and trying to getting a bit of vicount. I didn't think with him. He just recognized you for someone deterior. He did, We're now going to get my pat moment, New Billboard. I said, what are you doing in Dubai? Goes, I've actually been for four days Italy I was on the same flight as you. I said, what do you do in Italy? And all the way from Melbourne. This guy works with company that make French fries and he was going to examine some new equipment in a factory in Bologna. When you don't need four days, took some piece of French fry machinery.
Speaker 7: Especially the time when half a million people made their way to Italy for the post funerals.
Speaker 3: You've got to look at some French fries.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast We're back.
Speaker 3: Also back with your misheard lyrics at eight this morning. By the way, on that long flight from Dubai, forteen hour flight that we bordered at two thirty am, I saw, you know, sometimes once you become aware of something, you get vigilant. I can't unsee it. There was an Irish lady in her seventies who was drinking heavily. It's a straight away like it's two thirty two thirty am. Who's got thirst Irish people plus the most generous lady I've ever seen, a skin almost translucent.
Speaker 6: It literally was that that's got to be that has to be ed.
Speaker 3: Sharing's nan. I've met the Galway girl anyway fastward six hours of continuous top ups. She wobbles off the toward it and then suddenly, you know somethings on long flights, they just turned a line. It's a bedtime, you know, Dad's John lighter.
Speaker 6: That's enough now, it's just to light to go.
Speaker 3: Out, like what not. I enforced myself to go to sleep right now and always envy other people who suddenly are snoring within a minute.
Speaker 6: People, I wish that to me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I try and trying to sleep right now. I need to sleep right now.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I try to go to sleep next time I know.
Speaker 3: I swear to God. This Irish lady has sat on me, confused that that she can't even see me. She's so drunk. She actually sat on me. I did this movie because I didn't want to like sort of reflex this to touch someone and get them off me, and so I actually went this. Whoa, like there's nothing happening, especially with those rumors in the Herald Sign. Only a short while ago, o col involved in mid flight mile high shenanigans with a go away Lady Sarah can explain everything.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast do.
Speaker 3: You ever get food nostalgia, whether it's a certain meal from your past. It might be when you were a kid or just the last ten to twenty years of your life, a time, a place, but it's a meal. So as soon as I got to London for a couple of days, I go strangest place that I used to go to every other Friday. As soon as the breakfast shoving done that week, I walk over into Soho and I always go to this restaurant and I always have the same thing, the breakfast burrito.
Speaker 6: It was incredible. And having been away from London.
Speaker 3: For two years, I think, as soon as I go to London, dumber bags in the Airbnb and I'm gonna have that breakfast brito and it'd be like the good old days, and I'll be transported back. Sure I've changed, but some things don't change. That breakfast burrito is going to take me back in time. It's still on the menu. I order. I'm salivating, guy goes, you want anything else? Just that breakfast burrito. I see the breakfast burrito right on the menu, the insane ingredients, the recipes obviously the same. I tuck into it. It's not the same. Oh, no, devastated, not good like catching up with an old friend and who's changed changed, You've changed, We've changed so much grief just in this. I can't tell you. It was disproportionate. How I'm sad it was. My daughter saw my daughter a couple of hours later and she said, why are still suddenly this is the same to be fifty two?
Speaker 6: You don't get it at twenty. It's all about everything else.
Speaker 3: It's about you, You and your sister r home anymore. Everything's changing. This is breakfast breacho. It was all like bloody half in this city.
Speaker 7: We had one at our local cafe called a breakfast Yoki, something I would never think to order, but people recommended it highly. It was the most delicious thing I've ever wanted for breakfast. It was sage, butter and bacon, an egg with yoki. So nothing I've tried before, but it was incredible. I overdid it, and I was going there way too often until one day they had a different breakfast YOCKI. It didn't have the same ingredients. I said, what happened? They said, that was our summer menu. This is our winter menu.
Speaker 3: You're right, don't you hate it? They should have to ask for patients to vote.
Speaker 7: Bacon is year round, bring it back sage year rounds it not seasonal.
Speaker 3: Bacon demand is not seasonal.
Speaker 6: You don't go into Woolworths. And when there's no it's not the season for bacon.
Speaker 3: We act next year.
Speaker 6: The season of bacon is here.
Speaker 3: Oink oink. Yeah. So if anyone's ever had food nostalgia before, please give us a call. Now. When they say give us a call, since we were last speaking to you two weeks ago, we've been away. I don't know why they've got a new phone number. Sometimes this place, there's so many other things they need to fix, right, like the ship box of a studio right with no soundproofing. All that just falls over every couple of shows. But no, apparently the moment we're asking your phone, moment wh're out the studio, we need a shiny new number. It's no more goodbye to nine four one four one oh four three, which felt like that was.
Speaker 1: Like someone's home number. That's a real landline number, not a regular.
Speaker 3: First things, when I moved to Australian radio and like Hamishnandi won't come to Australian radio. It's the biggest marketplace in the word. It's very competitive and that bogan ass numbers like what this please used to be a butcher's or something. This is low nine four one four one oh four three the Morris Family butchers. It is like a listing in the white pages, be a radio station's number.
Speaker 1: You call Sue and then she'll put you through glasses.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's all gone, guys, because in twenty twenty five you want to call me now, why don't you give me a call on thirteen double five twenty two?
Speaker 6: Now, guys, doesn't.
Speaker 3: That sound grown up? Phatsy? What is the number?
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty two fifty five.
Speaker 3: Again? Thirteen double five double.
Speaker 5: Two, thirteen double five double two?
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, what's the number now?
Speaker 7: That does sound like a radio station? About thirteen double five double two?
Speaker 3: You are right the heyday what radio used to be. We're back to it with a proper number, all right. What is the dish that gives you food? Nostagne? Thirteen double five double two, And it's going to feel so good when they digits start moving on that keyboard and you tap out that new number.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: What One Dish from Your Past gives you food nostalgia. What's the view?
Speaker 7: Joe the breakfast and YOCKI was at the Outer Circle Social Club. Please, I implore you to bring summer version that was years ago now, but bring back the summer version with the bacon and the sage butter. And then my dad had one I want to say twenty five thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: He was a man who wouldn't get passionate talking about anything, but when he talked about this minnestrone soup he had in Brisbane, he would get a far away look in his eye. You know when people say like, oh, so soup's not a real food, so it's not a he will go no, no, no, I had a miniestroni soup in Brisbane and an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 6: Now Ministroani's we where they just have loads of bits in, isn't.
Speaker 5: It It's got seafoodah, bit of pasta or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He said it was the single best thing I've ever.
Speaker 6: Eaten out loud about minnestrone soup.
Speaker 7: My dad almost like he wanted to get us all back at the car and drive back up to Brisbote on a two day round trip to go and get that MINNESTROTI super game.
Speaker 6: Don't you want to know? Try and ask him what was the name of the place.
Speaker 3: Yes, I hate it's still there? And is it still doing great demand on the menu? Then what's your one dish? You get food nostalgia for.
Speaker 8: I went to college for a year in America and I used to get Popeye's Fried Chicken and it was like my comfort food. It was so so good, better than anything I've ever had any fried chicken. Ever, five years later, it's a chain, so it's like all around America. Five years later, it's our last day in New York with some of my friends, and I was like, oh, guys, we've got it. We've got to make time to go to Popeye's Chickens your last meal, Yes exactly.
Speaker 1: I remember he eats it in Little Nicky.
Speaker 8: So we made this huge trek out in New York to find that. We get there to our last day, last meal.
Speaker 3: And it's just it was crap, Hold you screw up fried chicken.
Speaker 8: I think I don't know if it was like just maybe it's nostalgia, you know, messes up your memory. But we get there and it was just and I'd built it up so much and I'd put all my friends and they're just.
Speaker 3: Like, it's deflating, isn't it. It's not now you left with a bad memory about your time in America. Yes, yeah, and they's all very differently.
Speaker 6: You don't like those friends so much.
Speaker 3: Don't keep in touch. Let's not swap numbers, all right. Give us a call on new Shiny number thirteen, double five, double two. What one dish do you get? Food nostalgia for Christian Connor Show podcast Monday morning. I have you had a great long weekend right now? You can contact the show. You can give us a text on four seventy five O three one O four three. You can tell us your age without telling us how old you are. I can do it very easy right now. I've actually hurt my neck from not sleeping on my own pillow, just my sleeping on a different pillow for two weeks. I'm seeing an ousty bath for three o'clock today. When I got back home after two weeks away back in the UK of Riestera yesterday, I got to bed yester evening and I put my head on my beautiful spinal lease pillow and I actually stroked it and went, hello, old friend. It felt like it was giving my neck the way and embrace it always wants to be embraced again, and sort of clicked it back into place for the first time in two weeks.
Speaker 7: I've already been taking a pillow with me when I travel for two or three years.
Speaker 3: That's me from now.
Speaker 1: Though, under your arm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she bring on the flight, can't you?
Speaker 5: Would you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, you see people with.
Speaker 3: All kinds of different assortments now of those neck pillows and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Do you go for the net?
Speaker 3: Bill? I tried it. It felt like someone was trying to choke me out, you know, because you clip it round, it's like a UFC rear naked chokers. I was trying to choke me to speak.
Speaker 7: I bought a special one that was plastic inside, and it's meant to disguise it's elf as a scarf, oh, so that people don't know you've got a neck pillow, just to really clush on it, and it's.
Speaker 1: Meant to keep your head upright in the position.
Speaker 3: But it didn't work, I know, all right, So tell us how old you are without telling us your age. Text me four seven five three one oh four three Jackie boy, what's it for? You.
Speaker 7: I am officially older than every current AFL player. And I was watching the Anzac Day match on Friday.
Speaker 1: Kidding, you're older than Pendlebury, older than pen.
Speaker 7: I thought I was younger than Pendlebury and Goldstein, the two oldest players played on Friday, and I am older than Pendlebury by three months. Oh no, what it kills is like a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny little bit and fantasy that you have that Hey, if I train and really put my head down now, I can still AFL can make it very very unlikely.
Speaker 3: Now, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 5: It's funny because the love God. I noticed he had a bruise on his site the weekend and I said, how did you do that? Like this really long bruise? And I can't. I can't remember doing it. I don't remember knocking it. And I just stopped time, stood still, and I said, oh god, we've ended our bruising era.
Speaker 3: A mystery bruises. You see that with your nan and Grande? Don't you really got that purple one that's there like a year.
Speaker 1: It's like every time I thought it was from a fall.
Speaker 3: One of his drinking injuries from a Friday night, you know, fighting with himself.
Speaker 5: I can't remember doing it. It's our bruising era.
Speaker 3: All right. Tell us how old you are without telling us your age? Text me yours O four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast this morning.
Speaker 3: Tell us how old you are without telling us your age? Text me oh for seven five O three one oh four three. Good morning to Victoria Christian. I know all the words to Jason Donovan's ten Good Reasons albums, but I can't remember what I went upstairs for.
Speaker 1: Did you have that album?
Speaker 3: Pass?
Speaker 5: No? No, can't say I did, Jack, But I know what it's like to go into a room and think, why did I come in? No idea why I walked?
Speaker 3: The worst, isn't it? You just stumbling and you're trying to start it out. No, it's just che.
Speaker 7: I actually do walk around the room waiting to be reminded, like something.
Speaker 3: In I start scanning them room like a robot, Bonita. The children I nannied for are now having their own children, Danny. When it was midnight, the National Anthem came on. Then no more TV for anyone. Off to bed. I still have a Blockbuster card Wow, just in case research.
Speaker 6: They return to the high Street.
Speaker 3: They're back. I would love that we're asking to tell us how old you are without telling us your age. Christ And I just made a climax noise putting on my socks this morning. Didn't need to know that, Stephen. That's a different thing we're doing tomorrow. By the way, Grant, I now have worked Cody younger than my own sons. Christian. I did my high school computing using MS doss because Windows wasn't out yet, and I used AOL message. Christ And at least one part of my body aches every single day. Now it's like the parts chat to each other overnight and take turn today. It's my right ankle's turn. Yesterday, left shoulder. My wife plucks hairs from my ears. Benjamin. I just increased the text sites on my iPhone so I can actually read. Oh, it's humiliating some of those my mom, do you think that's pende where they're like, you know when they do that sort of they're giving the instruction. Can you bring out the for pendles please?
Speaker 7: My mom's is comically beer. It's like four letters across the street.
Speaker 3: When I went to see my mom two weeks ago, right and I was like, what the hell is this? She's got No, she's got a magnifying glass to read text messages because she's maxed it to the actual largest size she has, like the Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass to read messages from me. Christian, I slept on the wrong pillow and now my now I need a full body cast to get through. Christian, how old am I? Without telling you my age? Can't go out? A country practice is about to start on the telly rackets. Those that know well know Christian, I got a moxy yesterday at Sunday lunch was saying, whoe betide me? Whoa nana? All right, keep this going, then tell us how old you are without telling us your age? Four seven five O three one o four three.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show Gone podcast, tell us how old you are without telling us your age?
Speaker 3: This morning and four seven five three one o four three, Good morning. We're backs to Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. Christian, my husband knows all the words. So the Billy Joel song you're playing and it's now doing Carrie Oki to them word for word, brilliant, hard song to do as well, very and it's rapping. It's like Billy Joel's rap song. Christian. If it's past seven thirty pm, it is too late to start watching a movie. Are we mad.
Speaker 1: Unless you're happy to do it in two.
Speaker 3: Parts of Yeah, take a break at five to nine, lock up and everyone's been bad by No. Those are the rules. We all step by them. Christian had any news e party and always sneak away to have a nap before midnight. Actually, Christian, I'm at the age now that when I was hiking recently, I didn't fall over. I had a full tough times. Christian, I'm that old. I'm working with people who don't even know about the Sydney Olympics being a thing. Christian. Welcome back. When I was at primary school, it was simple or the boys liked kiss, the girls liked abba. Christian. I remember when Hey Hey being a cartoon morning show and Christian Yeah, yeah, Christian. When I grew up in the year of video games, I was a man before the controllers were wireless.
Speaker 2: That's some crazy Christian Connor show podcast.
Speaker 3: That story about that missing sausage dog needs to be the biggest story. Seriously, was it really eighteen months?
Speaker 7: It's like it was Milo and Otis the dog and Cash went missing and you followed their adventures.
Speaker 1: It's incredible story.
Speaker 6: Patsy.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that still brother eighteen months? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know, it's crazy. I was. This has really troubled me, this story because I said to Chris, if that was our Presley.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'd find it immediately. Where is it? There's a matter just crushed a load.
Speaker 5: Of kids away.
Speaker 3: Sush's dogs are tiny. There is a snag. It's like a snag in Australia, where's warning.
Speaker 5: But the dog version, knowing that he's on that island while we bet went back into state, back home and knowing is I'd have to like not leave there until I found him.
Speaker 1: So the family.
Speaker 3: What happened.
Speaker 7: The family was holiday in there and they went back home and then they did a home alone moment where're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, it's Kevin the dog, So what they just accidentally left it behind?
Speaker 5: No, well, I don't think they could find him when they went to leave, and they had to. I think they did stay anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well we had a look, I know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And then they've been like various sided check out.
Speaker 3: Check outs and little Kevin the sausage dog.
Speaker 1: You know, I like to get to the airport early. Let's go.
Speaker 6: And so where were they and where did the dog.
Speaker 3: Have to get to?
Speaker 5: So I don't know where they lived, but the dog apparently has been roaming for all this such.
Speaker 3: A big country. They're over in w A.
Speaker 1: It's on an.
Speaker 5: Wasn't he a Kangaroo island doggy paddling years? But what was he eating?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: What was he eating to survive?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 5: Like been having a grade eight a months like a resort for a dog.
Speaker 3: All right? Then every single day this week you can win one thousand dollars in cash. It is back to no Master Chef twenty four Master Chef favorites are back.
Speaker 6: For a second chance to win.
Speaker 3: Gordon Ramsey is back to Master Chef, Back to win seven thirty tonight on ten and ten blay every morning on the show. This week, there is a star cooking a mysterious meal in the kitchen. Guess what it is?
Speaker 6: And wim big there's a sleb.
Speaker 1: In the kitchen.
Speaker 3: What are they going to make?
Speaker 1: A salab in the kitchen?
Speaker 3: Is it a sake?
Speaker 8: Dark Vaders in today's celebrity kitchen?
Speaker 6: I mean you go a wait for two weeks.
Speaker 3: He's cooking up. I know, just check my nose. Gordon Ramsey's back tonight in Dark Vader. It's a new guest. Judge Baddy will chop off your hand like he did with his son. That's like your Souei.
Speaker 1: He's Gordon Ramsey.
Speaker 3: Ramsey's got a new mate Dark all right, So we've been on a break for two weeks, so I said the producers, listen, make this really good. Let's come back with impact. Make it a really tough dish that Darth is cooking as well.
Speaker 6: Get ready to call in. It's a new number as well.
Speaker 3: Gig pigs thirteen double five, double two. What is Darth cooking in the kitchen?
Speaker 9: Petal and a large saucepan of a medium heat field power. Add onion, Stir until translucent like the lies of the Jedi. Add minced beef, brownnut, let no pig survive. Stir in garlic and tomato paste. Let it cook for two minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, dasil, salt and pepper. Stir lower heat. Simmer for twenty minutes. Patients Youngkado one two flavor page time while sauce simmers cook spaghetti in salted water until al dente, drain combined pasta in sauce, Sprinkle with parmesan. If you dare serve and rule the table, deliver to your guests with a heavy breathing presence and a side of doom.
Speaker 3: It's a tough dish.
Speaker 1: I'm going to feeling, but I.
Speaker 3: Guess I've got no ideas right now. But I never want to hear the phrase on this show again. Let no pink survive. Thirteen thirteen doule five double two? Who knew darf love to cook? The things you learn on this show? Hey, thirteen double two? What's that dish he was cooking at?
Speaker 2: So tough? Christian O'Connell show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 3: Master Chef Back Tonight twenty four Master Chef favorites som Back for the second chance to win. Ramsey is back to Master Chef Back to win seven thirty tonight on ten and Teenplay every single day this week on the show. Then you can win one thousand dollars in cash great prize by guessing Darth Vader was cooking in the kitchen. Darth Vader has cooked, he is He's cooking in the kitchen of work out what the ministry dish is now, you might need to pull over. And if you're operating heavy machinery right now, you're really going to need to stop that lathe or the printing press whatever, or the loom whatever you're on right now, and try really hard, Please try and get the right answer. This time.
Speaker 7: You write down, some of your friends will write down some bringing a clue together.
Speaker 3: This is I almost apologize for coming back too strong today, but this is tough. I mean, what meal could this be?
Speaker 9: Petal and a large saucepan of a medium heat, feel power, add onun stir until translucent, like the lies of the Jedi. Add minced beef round it, let no pig survive. Stir in garlic and tomato, peace so let it cook for two minutes and crushed tomatoes or red and lou daisil, salt and pepper. Stir lower heat, similar for twenty minutes. Patients, young kind of one, two flavor deeps time wild sauce. Most cook spaghetti in salted water until eledente crain combined pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan. If you'd dare serve and rule the table, deliver to your guests, with a heavy breathing presence and a side of doom.
Speaker 3: We have a young padawan now is a forcedrawing him? I hope. So we come here all day taking wild guesses. Joe, good morning, Good morning, Christian, Hey mate, I'm good mate. So listen, what do you think Darfe was cooking in the kitchen? Tough one. If I had to get order, said spaghetti, bolleronize some so genius on the line.
Speaker 1: How did you get an obscure foreign dish like that?
Speaker 3: Spaghetti? The Minster the forces is my friend, as is one thousand dollars in cash. Well done, Joe, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Christian, I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna. I'm gonna go buy a kiss the missus absolutely stoked.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Brittant. No, now what kind of couch again? You're going to go for an L shaped one? You shape one? Or just a four seater, three seater, two seater, one seater one a couch unless you just want to be a bit kinky to each their own. I always say, I believe, I believe it's L shaped.
Speaker 6: It's the future couches these days.
Speaker 3: I pray for utopia where we're all on our L shaped couch all right, Joe, great scale. So Joel the Genius are going to call you from now and he walks amongst us.
Speaker 6: Your wait tesla will be giving you a call later on today.
Speaker 3: Muski's having a few problems. We need that.
Speaker 6: How did he know?
Speaker 3: Spag Bob? Was it the pasta that brown?
Speaker 1: It can only get easier from here.
Speaker 6: I fear so, Jack. We're back the same time tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Christian o'connells show go on podcast every Monday.
Speaker 3: On the show, then we play back your brilliant misheard lyrics. It's just another missman, Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. Now, if you're new to the show, you've recently discovered us, welcome misshard lyrics down. You sent them in, we play them back. If we agree with what you think you're mishearing, you'll hear this. If we cannot hear what you think you're miss hearing. And for the really brilliant ones Hall of Fame recent Hall of Famers, then Alan had Steve Winwood Valerie the D's coach. Someday Simon Goodwin may blow her back to me. Still makes us use Andrew had nothing but a good time poison Maradonna, cheating midget Argentinian, can't pay my rent? All right? Brand new ones? Then Mark and the kids listen to list every morning on the school run. Good morning, Mark and the kids, and all the kids back to school today listening to us the bucket heeads the bomb. What a tune these sounds fall into my mind? Or is it very different? Vibe? Teetowels running through my mind? That's a great one. Why don't marking the kids? Steven's been cranking Metallica the Unforgiven through constant pain, disgrace. Keep it light, guys. The young boys learn their rules, or actually, is it something far heavier? Through constipated disgrace? The young boy learns their rules through constipated disgrace. The young boy learns their rules worn. Stephen Anthony Brackett's dad of Charlie and Frederick and of brackets de Lewis has been cranked there over Easter without you. I was holding on far too long.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: Far, far too long, Poudine, did you hear it? I was holding on for a fart too long. I was had. I'm sorry. Every Monday we are, but the messengers that I was holding on for a far too long. I was what I like about this crystal clear, but it sounds so sad about that longing for a fart to come back one days. This hall of had to eat out of Charlie Frederick. The kids must be so proud, Jeff, I have one from the backup singer's in Tony Braxton's Unbreak My Heart original lines say that you love me?
Speaker 6: Say that you love me? Or is it in the background?
Speaker 3: Turn this up? Save Geelong, Save Geelong? Really good? And also not that have we ever had a backup singer's Miss Herd before? Jeff? This is great work. Come on him, here's this hall of favor, whats more? Save Geelong? And finally, Christian, I think this might be your first ever himn misheard? Wow, a golden new period lead on O King. We've been We've been listening to focus groups. You come for a Christian expect a Christian lead on O King eternal lyrics? Lead on Oh King Eternal banger?
Speaker 6: Or is it lead on O Kinky Turtle?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: It is it here again? Lead on O Kinky Turtle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that wasn't from the post funeral over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Sebastian, thank you very much hymns or songs.
Speaker 3: We take them all. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU, thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Nothing escape the eagle eyes of our news sound. Petrina Jones reckon, she's seen a major A list over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Totally. You remember when we went up to the Sundays and Elton John's jet, his private jet was had just landed just as our Jetstar flight had landed. Well, the same things.
Speaker 1: Made that sound like the three of us all went up to.
Speaker 3: The confused, I've been there. Did they drugged me?
Speaker 5: Well, the same thing happened. We were in tal Key across the break John, No not Elton John.
Speaker 3: Break down there Airbnb?
Speaker 5: Why not elp Ryan Gosling in fact, star of Barbie who played Ken. We were stopped at the traffic lights, right.
Speaker 1: Really I heard he's in Australia.
Speaker 5: Well no, Well he walked just someone.
Speaker 3: With a bad hair dyed. There's a lot of surfdos that look a bit like him there.
Speaker 5: Walked across the front of our car and I said to Chris, that is Ryan Gosling and he's like it's not. I said, look at his hair bleached blonde helmet hair, just like he comes up with a.
Speaker 3: Million kids like eighteen year old lands are all like him.
Speaker 5: This was a dead ringer for Ryan. Where the guy walked across the front of our car, across the pedestrian crossing and into subway.
Speaker 3: That guy has zero garbs for the last twenty years. You don't get he's gone eighteen packs. He's got the V pointing down.
Speaker 5: But he's on holiday. Is his carbet?
Speaker 1: You have security with him?
Speaker 3: He was going into so well a foot long. Please you won't go and keep it to yourself. Lads, you know long weekend and who wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Bell's beach probe was on recently. Kelly Slater is Waxing is.
Speaker 1: Born in Kelly and was his lady friend that you saw even mend.
Speaker 5: No it wasn't, but you know, and so convinced was. I made Chris do a blockie and come back.
Speaker 6: That's not creepy.
Speaker 3: Security. I didn't need back up. Strange bug eyed locals following me, two of them.
Speaker 1: Like the subway doors.
Speaker 3: You're going to need it.
Speaker 5: So I got the scoop. Ryan Gosling was in talking across Easter. You heard it here first.
Speaker 6: Now and the way are you talking about?
Speaker 3: This is if it's definitely him, that's not a sort of then he's shadowed down.
Speaker 5: A shadow of down.
Speaker 1: Google doesn't think he's in Australia.
Speaker 5: At the moment, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: He's one of the world's biggest stars. If he's in Talky wandering around in Subway, everyone's having selfies with him.
Speaker 5: Not well, no, no, because this is the thing when you go he's kind of like incognito view. This is why the stars go to these little hamlets because.
Speaker 7: Halet perfect where the residents are so stupid they don't know the celebrity of a walk in their face.
Speaker 5: But it's perfect. It's like the hem's worth up in Where are they Byron or wherever?
Speaker 6: A great reference to go to. It's like so and so and wherever. Yeah, exactly, I know you want a.
Speaker 3: Tight case you make there? All right? Listen, anyone else seeing Ryan Gosly in Talky? Did you sell him in Subway?
Speaker 5: And what did he have?
Speaker 3: It's just one thing that's done it for me.
Speaker 6: Does not see any cabs?
Speaker 3: Who knows? Maybe that's the puff up, you know, in between movies. He's bloating up a bit. He's got a new characters. We're gonna need you to sixty killers. That's it. I'm going to Australia. I'm going to this little habit I've heard of call Talkie. It was an there.
Speaker 1: He's going to be in the new Star Wars movie. Maybe he's jabb at the heart.
Speaker 3: Hello, so while I'm the jabber please, oh bloody hell? Okay? All right? Have you seen Ryan Casting in Talkie? Thirteen double five, double two.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: On today's time Waster.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Quality Health Quality Health Vitamin's Australi known offered an everyday low prices at price Line. You can win today two hundred and fifty dollars to spend at Priceline Pharmacy. That's on the time Waster today. Today we're looking for your beach celebrities. It's World Beach Day and of course over the last couple of days it's been the Ripkal pro Bell's beach. Can anyone on the show. I presume all the strainers know that she must be taught at school. How does the you know? Because in England, you know, not really big old surf country there beach boys wouldn't have come sung a song about surf and the UK.
Speaker 6: How did they actually score it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: The vibe I get is that they use vibe that they're like, oh that was pretty good, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: That the Olympics as well, obviously Surf Championship. It can't be.
Speaker 6: I know they ring a.
Speaker 7: Bell, but the bell trophy is a bell the trophies, and they give it a big ring.
Speaker 3: To win it, you've got to ring it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Marcus, hasn't it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: How long there?
Speaker 3: How long they how many hang tens? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like what is it?
Speaker 3: How long?
Speaker 1: Did tube? Probably get check extra?
Speaker 3: So the one Bell's beach is I've seen it one sometimes where it was on TV once where there's like a big plow that goes up and down out to sea to create waves, because otherwise it might be oh my gosh, wild rio.
Speaker 6: Do you know how it works?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: I just had a look and Jack's actually kind of right. There's no actual what's.
Speaker 1: The word like scoring systems?
Speaker 4: Like a form?
Speaker 8: Yes, just zero to two is poor, two to four is fair, four to six is average, but average one at least.
Speaker 3: Oh god, when he's out there, dude, give him the goal.
Speaker 1: Trying to read too much into it.
Speaker 3: City slicker. I remember on the Olympics, you remember when they had it like the other side of the world. Was it Tahiti's Olympics. I remember watching some format I think it was an Australian person. You know somethings. They have a former champion to explain it to the lay person what we're watching him. And there's there's a point where there's just two people leaning on surfboards quite near each other and sort of look at you, you're doing good luck, good luck you too, and the former champion goes, well, listen, if you just tuned in and you're wondering how this works, sweat, this is what they said. Basically, whoever looks like having the best time wins gold. And I was like, I could do that. Great, I can't get up, but oh god, a good hang. Whoever there's not having the best time, there's something about that's how well, that's life advice.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: It looks like wind all right, where are That's right? We're looking for beach celebrities today. Well, I was some I was a speech of the jacket. It was crammed. Well, obviously Ryan Gosling wasn't there. Scuba Gooding, Julia god Joan, Jetty Gold, Rob Low Tide was there and then what's that above me try and steal my ice cream? Why it's Steven Seagull.
Speaker 1: That's a goal as well.
Speaker 3: And I went in the sea and then I needed to try off and I saw.
Speaker 6: Simon beach towel. Simon beach towel. But it is like I was having such a good time.
Speaker 3: Judge it on Vibe.
Speaker 6: Jackie boy, what have you got beach celebrities?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw the Australian politician was down at Bell's beach bar, Uncle Joyce, Selle Gibson, Sorry Shell, Oh no, that's good gold lebron James also Gold and Robert Downey, June.
Speaker 3: Shuddering, Holt there with bronze. Okay, no price time vouncher for you, No cod Liberal, you can't believe that. Judge it on Vibe guys, all right, vibe it out and then text me oh four seven five O three one o four three. What celebrities did you see at the beach? Oh four seventy five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Today for the Best and show on the time wasted two hunch and fifty dollars Priceline Pharmacy voucher for the best and Show. We're looking for your beach celebrities. Chuck you boy, you're ready to Mark, let's go once is coming half the Mark Boatier gold. They hear it, they send it in. That is very good. Brad Sandpits Silver. Beach celebrities said on the time waster Not Jackie Chan, Jackie Clam.
Speaker 10: GOLDI Prouse very good, Dolphin, Lundgren silver, David Swimmer, not Swimmer, Sandy Bullock gold.
Speaker 3: That's from Chris McCarthy, Well done, Adam Sambar Gold from Steve well done. Eric Cabana Silver. Not boys to men, Oyster men, Oyster men silver, Pa.
Speaker 6: No, that's gold, Danny Powell DP.
Speaker 3: I loved it, Joan Jetski gold. Some mother comedy duo, Cheech and Chong one at the Beach the Weekend Christian but beach and Thong one gold, love, love the sets up, love the payoff. Weld done, Dale Brown, elm Thong silver, Wave, Grol gold, What on Stuart uh?
Speaker 6: Tie to?
Speaker 1: I Silva all right?
Speaker 6: Who is winning the voucher?
Speaker 3: Then Weld under team for Jackie Clam bestin Show Today.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's talk tomorrow's show today. There are so many ancient fables and myths and stories about the king who had two beloved sons, and he couldn't work out which one of his two beloved sons to bequeath his kingdom to one day. This is the situation I'm in at the moment with you and Rio, my two mastered beloved radio sons.
Speaker 1: All right, Daddy, tell us what's up?
Speaker 3: I have a quest for both of you. Here's the situation. We have a brand new phone number thirteen fifty five twenty two. Okay, Now, I remember when we first start the show together, Jack, seven years ago, we wanted people to know the text number. It was a little bit long. Wounded.
Speaker 6: You came up with this genius.
Speaker 4: Fall seven five three one oh four three mobile start with four. Jos was in seventy five kissing girls in a three gold one oh four three.
Speaker 3: You actually sound like your tea sound.
Speaker 7: Such a seven years ago would have killed me to tune the guitar.
Speaker 6: I did say that at the time, but that.
Speaker 3: It's not the situation I find myself in today.
Speaker 1: I can do better than that.
Speaker 3: Yes, actually loved bastard son, possible to do worse than that? Fashion? Do you two warring factions? I mean, it's an uneasy truce between these two. They're both iroing up my throne. I know they are. I'm not ready yet, but one day, one day, who will I bequeath it to Jack Post or producer Rio? It's time to level up? Guys? Do you accept the challenge?
Speaker 1: Is the challenge simply the catchier jingle.
Speaker 3: Yes you got it, friend Dad? The Keys to the Kingdom await you? Do you accept? But you, Sirio? I accept?
Speaker 8: After hearing that absolute dribble, I've never been more confident of a challenge.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, Well done, my bastard sons. We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast