Speaker 1: Laura, come on, oh hello everyone, Hello, Okay, we're going to Wednesday. It is the pick up heading the chemist wharehouse today. Great savings every day. We just got a text, Laura.
Speaker 2: Got a text.
Speaker 1: Gotta text Laura and Britt and I are going on a holiday together, coming out.
Speaker 3: I know you keep telling me about this holiday that the two of you were taken. And also, can I just remind you that not once has anyone even suggested the idea of invitingment.
Speaker 2: Honeymoon.
Speaker 4: You didn't invite us on your honeymoon. This is true, so don't throw us under the bus at.
Speaker 2: Same time as our honeymoon.
Speaker 4: Yes, really, we are the rejects that have not else to go on holiday with, so we have to band together.
Speaker 5: We do. We fight the whole trip, but we have no other choice.
Speaker 2: Friday, are you guys sharing a bit?
Speaker 5: Well, here's what happened.
Speaker 1: We just got a text from the organizer of the trip and they said we were in a group chat and they said, hey, guys, are you okay with one kid in bed to share together or do you want separates? And at the same time Britain I replied, replied yes separate and I replied no, It's okay.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to make like a pillow for it to go down the middle of the time.
Speaker 4: I was going to get one of those big, giant, you know, those full length body pillows, and IM just gonna lay the pregnancy pillow in between us, but Mitch, I want to spare room. For some reason, Mitch wants to spoon me.
Speaker 5: Lay it on fig Brit.
Speaker 1: I've got to get a fire blanket between me and that hot rock.
Speaker 5: I'm okay, I do I do run hot so I sweat in a bed.
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: It is? Weird though, the fact that you had the option to have separate beds, but yet you were going to choose to have the same one.
Speaker 5: Mitch'll tell you bond quick game, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, listen.
Speaker 1: If you are a nude sleeper like myself and like Bridge, I have some breaking scientific news that might want you to reconsider sleeping nude every.
Speaker 2: Night with your co host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with or without your radio seems really specific to us. I'll tell you what that is next at the Pickup Happy Wednesday. It is the Pickup Wednesday. Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemists ware House. Right now half price off cosmetics across the Mabelene, Redlin Rimmel and Nude by Nature ranges at Chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 5: This is a PSA Australia.
Speaker 1: If you sleep naked every night, you're gonna want to start because that's relaxing.
Speaker 5: I know it makes me want to go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Quick pole of the room before I tell you why it's so dangerous. Who here sleeps naked every night?
Speaker 4: Semi naked underpants only in winter?
Speaker 2: I'll add a jumper, a jumper in winter it's cold, you gotta put a jumper on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but pans off always except the undies.
Speaker 3: I don't sleep naked anymore because my kids get into bed with me most nights, so underwear.
Speaker 2: Underwear is quite essential.
Speaker 1: I'm butt naked in some I'm like a bear in hibernation. I'm just out like sometimes I wake up in the exact position I fall asleep. However, in winter I wear clothes and I'm glad I do because TikTok account shut Eye, which are a sleep expert. TikTok account have revealed sleep without clothes on can make you severely ill with infections. Why because the average person farts fifteen to twenty five times a day, and that includes time spent sleeping, which if you're not wearing pants, sprays fecal matter into the bed, and then you can dutch oven yourself and inhale it, which then in turn gives you internal infections. Gravely, you're leading to death.
Speaker 4: See, I have never heard of someone dutch ovening themselves to death in bed over time.
Speaker 5: It's over time twenty thirty years.
Speaker 2: I thought that you had a fake tan on, but I reckon, you've.
Speaker 5: Just praised yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like an eagle that sprays their poop in the bed.
Speaker 5: You dot oven, No bad yourself.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that everyone sleeps with no clothes on and they don't all break out and rashes and die for poop infections.
Speaker 3: Look, I do believe it because I have seen and heard how often Mattie Jay farts in his sleep. And look, I have to wear protective clothing. I go in there wearing it has net. I wear a has mat suit to bed.
Speaker 5: I'm not afraid to say.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll go to sleep and I'll awaken myself by a fart in the room intrup, But I just had corm up for dinner.
Speaker 4: If you wake yourself up in bed by farting, you have a severe problem. No, I'm waking yourself up. Most people do it peacefully their sleep. If it's loud enough and the vibrations, you think that's an earthquake. But you're like, I just let one rip.
Speaker 1: That earthquake in Melbourne other night. I just lived next door to people. I call my mum sometimes the next day and go, Mum, that storm last night was wild.
Speaker 5: She goes, what's a storm here?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 5: This is what the doctor says.
Speaker 1: The doctor Hannah says, if you choose to sleep naked, I would recommend that you wash your sheets at least once a week.
Speaker 5: Here's another point of contention. I googled it. Guess how often the average person washes their bed sheet?
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait wait, people don't wash their sheets once a week.
Speaker 4: Once a week is.
Speaker 5: The average is every eight weeks, Laura, someone washes their.
Speaker 2: How often do you wash your sheet?
Speaker 4: This is what I'd like to say. I reckon I wash my or I reckon it could be once a month. Hear me out, hear me out, No one and nothing is in my bed and I am I am that little mouse sleeper. I literally get in I reckon, I take up one body with on the edge of the bed and I do not move. I get in like a mummy. I sleep like an angel. So my bed sheets.
Speaker 3: If I make you fart like a trooper. I have seen so many photos of your dog on your bed.
Speaker 5: No you have not yet.
Speaker 4: No, that's Keisha's bed, my friend's bed. Delilah does not get in my bed unless it's the night before washing day. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Wow. Okay, so once a.
Speaker 2: Mon mitch you how many times often.
Speaker 5: I'm every fortnight. I'm clean every fortnight.
Speaker 2: I'm like seven ten days.
Speaker 1: Max.
Speaker 4: Ww you have dogs and kids vomiting in your bed.
Speaker 2: Do not have a dog in my bed at all.
Speaker 3: My dog does not vomit it in your bed. That was seven years ago, and he's never been in my bed since. That's a long time between dogs being in bed.
Speaker 5: I have my daughter.
Speaker 2: She gets in bed with us. She's three and a half.
Speaker 3: I cannot sleep unless sheets feel clean. So at the end of a week they're getting washed. Everything gets washed in the hause.
Speaker 4: My sheets always feel clean, and if they don't, I just roll to the other side and then I can get a probably another month out of that side and then if I really want to stretch it, just lay in the middle three minutes.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's people all right?
Speaker 1: Next on the show, Breat's boyfriend is here in Australia, beautiful Scottish Ben is in the country's late.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many times we have to have this conversation. Bena is here, he's there, He's a little elf.
Speaker 5: There's something about this country that is upset him.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh yeah, he is absolutely petrified of something here in Australia. Lose the sleep over. It has been thinking about it non stop colleading up to this trip, and it's it's really bothering him.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's next.
Speaker 1: At the Pickup Wednesday on the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great Savings every day, guys.
Speaker 4: I am on full blown crisis management right now with my boyfriend Ben. So he's come over to visit, as we know, from Scotland, and he has been absolutely petrified in the lead up to this trip, like a petrop fired of all of Australia's deadly animals. Now I say this because he lives in Scotland, but he's from Switzerland. Now I'm pretty sure the only animal they have there is like a beautiful cow, a highland cow in Scotland, and Switzerland has nothing. So he has been doing his research and he knows that like Australia's just full of animals everywhere. Have I listened to how pitchbuddy is. He sent this voice message to me when he was getting on the plane to come here.
Speaker 6: I'm just walking to the gates and scorning through Instagram, and literally all that comes up is deadless spiders, beadlest snakes, everything that's trying to kill you in Australia. I don't know you booked this camper trip or this camper house first.
Speaker 7: And I don't think.
Speaker 6: I'm going to make it. To be honest, I don't think it's a good idea. It's just it just gives me the fear there's going to be a spider on Matillo when I wake up, and it's all going to be It's all going to be funny for you, but it's not going to be funny for me. So I think we need to reconsider it.
Speaker 5: So he's actually scared of these things.
Speaker 4: It is legit.
Speaker 7: He actually wants to consider the holiday that you planned, No, because I planned Okay, I've planned two things, right, I've plans like we're staying in a caravan park because he's never done that. It's just like it's got tens, he's got glamping and it's got caravans and its cabins and.
Speaker 4: All this kind of stuff. But for him that is like you're staying in the wild.
Speaker 2: But where though, Like where are you heading to?
Speaker 4: Quarry?
Speaker 5: Oh? God, Wales near the beach and the city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's worried.
Speaker 5: It's soul.
Speaker 4: But where the other part of this is, we're going this weekend. We are going to Hamilton Island and we're going to the Barrier Reef. We're going snorkeling, We're doing all this stuff gorgeous.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of indoor pools and stuff there as well.
Speaker 4: Before I have gotten him back on track, right, I'm like, this stuff doesn't happen here. It's all this like wives tales that all your foreign is here trapped, you know. Okay. In the news up north in Queensland, a man in this past week has been attacked in the ocean by a crocodile. I saw that the crocodile bit his head. This is really serious.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm not laughing at at the butt at the head. I'm laughing at Ben being petrified to come here.
Speaker 5: Also being bit in the Head's pretty I mean he survived, He's okay.
Speaker 4: This is what the man said while checking out some coral and fish and talking to a fellow snorkeler. I was attacked from behind by a crocodile. It got its jaws around my head. I was able to leave its jaws open like bear grills. Who is this guy Hercules, just far enough to get my head out. The crocodile then attempted to attack me a second time, but I managed to push it away with my right hand, which was then bitten by the crocodile. He's been flown by a chop at the hospital. So now I'm on complete crisis control because I have gotten him to the point where I'm like, Australia is an amazing place. The deadly animals don't exist. We are going to this place to snorkel this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait there, that's the fifth crocodile attack in that area in the past five months.
Speaker 4: In Queensland one a month.
Speaker 3: Wait is this all happening in Hamilton Island, or is that happening up and down the coast to the coast of Look.
Speaker 4: Crocodiles can travel hundreds of kilometers a day, so it's happening in Queensland, so it's it's not that bit far from crocodile to travel the coastline. It's really scary. I don't even know if I want to get in the water anymore. I'm still gonna do it because it's where we're going is more south than these where these crocodiles are. I think they're a bit further up north. But he's he's gonna beside himself if he sees this. He's on the first plane back.
Speaker 2: It is a bit of a far north Queensland thing, isn't it. They've got everything up there.
Speaker 3: They got your canchy, then they got the box jellyfish, and they got crocodiles.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 2: Everything that can kill you is up there.
Speaker 5: Why did you take him?
Speaker 4: You should have taken it.
Speaker 5: Take the eyes jambaroo the water.
Speaker 4: Park anyway, So this weekend, pray for me, guys, because we can. And I'm just not gonna tell him. I'm gonna pus him in and it's gonna be fun. Hopefully there's some little cute little fish like Nemos and I reckon you guys, just stick to the hotel pool and the mit eyes.
Speaker 2: That's my.
Speaker 5: Advice. Okay, back after this, it's the pick up.
Speaker 1: It is the pick Up Wednesday, Avo, Britt, Laura and Mitch here all thanks to Chemists Warehouse. Right now, this is massive. Get half price off cosmetics across the Maybelene, Revlon Rimal, Nude by Nature Rangers. It's all there at chemist whare House now.
Speaker 3: It's no surprise, or it should come as no surprise that going through a breakup or going through heartbreak can sometimes bring out the worst in ourselves. Yes, I mean I wonder have you guys ever done anything that you're not proud of during a breakup?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: The only thing I've done, I don't think it's very bad is when I found out that my crazy X was crazy. I just took all the toilet paper out of his house so that when he had to do a poop there was nothing to wright.
Speaker 5: That's so subtle, That is really good, stupid.
Speaker 4: It's not enough, not enough for me though, it was enough. I just need that little sprinkle or something something, But I'm such a placid person. That's all I had in me.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: All breakups can definitely make you be crazy. It can make you do some crazy, crazy things, especially if you feel like you need to get revenge on your x, like if your ex is cheated on you, or you're going through a bad divorce, whatever, whatever has happened.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're the person's sound some crazy shit and they're like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get into that.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, wait wait wait. There is a dating expert. Her name is Louise Robertson. She has come out recently and she'd said, she said, look, it's okay if you go a little bit crazy during a divorce, if you act out in a way that isn't your normal behavior. Let's say your key ex husband's car. Let's say you said his passport on fire. Let's say you throw all of his stuff out a window of a skyrise building.
Speaker 5: That sounds like it's coming from lived experience, so.
Speaker 4: That I could hurt somebody on the ground, an innocent vicend.
Speaker 3: Look, let's say that nobody gets actually hurt in the process. But you know, except for his feelings, his pride, and maybe his very expensive car. You can't be blamed for your actions. It's okay to be a little bit crazy.
Speaker 2: In a divorce.
Speaker 4: This is what a dating expert has said. Yes, she said bs.
Speaker 3: She gives her not to the power of re Wrene, reminding us that sometimes a small, active mischief can bring a glimmer of satisfaction amidst the deep pain of a relationship.
Speaker 4: I'm all for this, now, this is fan But mischief is in taking the toilet paper from their house, not like throwing bricks at their car and throwing stuff out of a twiles.
Speaker 3: You know, look, let's borderline it. So we're not talking about criminal stuff. We're just talking about things that you probably shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Why do I feel like Laura is on side with this specialist because she's done so.
Speaker 5: Oh you totally would have done that, Laura.
Speaker 3: Okay, look the thing about this is this this relationship expert, she herself has been divorced four times.
Speaker 4: There you go, she's justifying herself zero judgment.
Speaker 2: To multiple divorces.
Speaker 3: But she goes on to say that she's done all of these crazy things and things that actually wasn't her fault.
Speaker 2: This is why have done some crazy things in my breakups. We know horror, and I don't think it was my fault.
Speaker 5: Why don't you tell the passport stories?
Speaker 3: I think they made me crazy and it was them and their actions that made me do crazy stuff.
Speaker 5: Can you tell the passport story?
Speaker 3: So my ex from a long time ago, past the stature of when I think he could take me to court for this. I had paid for a holiday to the Philippines. I had paid for it, I had booked it. I found out he was cheating on me, and he would not let me changed the flight. I was like, well, if you've cheated on me, I'm going to change the flights. I want to take my best friend to the Philippines instead of you, your big, cheating blob of human. Anyway, and that were exactly the words I use. I swear they were't anything more choice. He wouldn't let me, and so what I did was I called his housemaid at the time, and this was like a week after the breakup, and I was like, hey, look, I accidentally left some stuff at your house. Do you mind if i'd just come in and I pick up the stuff. I don't want him to know. So what I actually did was is I went in I took a photo of his passport, I forged his signature on all the subou documents, changed the flight details into my beautiful best friend's name, and.
Speaker 2: We had a glorious holiday to the Philippines.
Speaker 5: Did he turn up to the airport?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 4: Oh where you see him?
Speaker 2: And he had no idea why he couldn't board the flight, so he tried to get on the fly. He tried to get on the fly.
Speaker 4: Did he clock you there with your friend?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 3: We got there early and checked in so that we couldn't have a crossover smart.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was the best holiday of my life.
Speaker 4: A lot of illegal maneuvers in that.
Speaker 2: I also threw his phone out of a win window. Do you know what else you can?
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're going through a breakup right now, there's a website where you can buy a kilo wait listen, listen, you can buy a kilo worth of glitter dicks. Like they're like tiny little pictures and they're just glitter cut out and they open it and explodes in their house.
Speaker 2: That's another good one too.
Speaker 4: See, that's that's lawes and fun.
Speaker 2: Laura, No, it's not you picking out glitter dicks out of your floor.
Speaker 1: Let's go well, and what are your up next? We'll see tomorrow. That's if Laura hasn't been arrested.
Speaker 4: She's no longer on the pickup.
Speaker 2: That's been great, guys, I regret nothing.
Speaker 5: You can podcast the whole show. Search to pick up on our heart Radio. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Ay