Speaker 1: On today's show, Olivia Rodgers stuns on the red carpet as ex husband Justin is spotted clubbing with models. Sarah's day ends another long term brand deal, Steph clear Smith's mortifying new text Eck and Sue strips back, and the Hailey Bebert Selena Gomez plot twist. Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture years twice a week. I'm Sophie Torbert, and I am seriously reconsidering a career in party planning. I'm that confident with my Hen's party. It's not coming up for UK in a couple of weeks. I'm tiggled pink with all this Barbie stuff I've been finding on Etsy.
Speaker 2: At the moment, the.
Speaker 1: Invites are finally out, Yes, the invites are Actually I have one more to go. Sorry, Sarah if one of our if you're listening, yours is the last one. Yeah, we haven't got our penis paraphernala yet. But that's my job. Yes, that's your job, because you haven't been doing much else to help me. I dropped a couple of those invites off with you. Let's not get into that. I heard otherwise, don't hang me out to dry like that. Okay, I didn't even say anything, but I've been having so much fun. I feel like the delivery guy knows me by name now, having it that much stuff dropped to my house. Well, I love that you can't keep a secret because so you keep sending me photos of like, oh, this is what the tables are gonna look, you wanted to say.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: We do control freak, so I love we do have one secret member. So yeah, a few secrets. Yeah, Well I'm excited. Well, I'm Amy Torbert and I'm obsessed with Betty's Burgers. This is clearly not sponsored, but we went there on Saturday with our mum. I've had it twice. Well, I've had it twice over the weekend, and then I'm also having it tonight. This is a very Amy Torba thing to do. Like, as soon as you find a place that you like, you will go there all the time until you're second. Branding is so cute, Yeah it is. It was amazing. It was the best burger I'd ever had. So all Sunday I was painting and I was sanding and doing all this shit outside and I was so hungry, and I felt like really ashamed because I didn't want to show my face there again because did you not tell Dale? And just not no? I was like, why didn't you just walk across the road to go to the shop. I'm like, oh, I'm just heading out. I'll just get Did you eat it in the car? Because you know, I had a shameful moment this week because Reese was away on a work trip, and whenever he's away, I'm like, stuff, I'm getting takeaway. So I drove my car to McDonald's and it's like fifteen minutes away from me, the closest one, so I didn't wanted to get cold, so I literally sat in the car park eating my mac donald Better in the hotse teenage boys walked past my car and I was like, this literally reminds me of when Kate and I both had our first boyfriends and Amy, you were feeling a bit left out and on a Friday night, you went and drove to get McDonald's and for some reason, they were doing surveys and they came up to your car and one of the questions was do you usually like to eat this alone? And do you in the car? They said, and how many people are you getting food for tonight? And I was like one? And then they're like, and will you be sharing this at home with your like will you be going home to eat with your family? And I was I lied, I was like yeah, and I'm Kate Torbert and I added to my epic night home alone. On Thursday, after mc donald's in the car, I actually started watching the new series of The cut Ashians. I feel like I'm so late to the party. But I was waiting for a free trial, but Disney Plus don't do free trials. Could our updates be any more? Thirty year Oldish watching TV and eating takeaway? Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I love it. I've been party planning. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just want to say here too, Like when I share something saying that I feel good or that I'm happy that I've reached a certain point of being sober, it's just because I'm proud of myself and like, I never thought that I would be someone who would not drink. I used to drink every weekend, too much, every weekend.
Speaker 1: Two weeks on from a shock split from husband Justin mckeinn, Olivia Rodgers has been sharing her highs and lows from standing on the red carpet at Melbourne Fashion Week to sharing her psych appointments. It's a rollercoaster ride, Kate, what is the latest? Well, so, as you said, Olivia has been wowing everyone with her wardrobe, but Melbourne Fashion Week the Daily Mail are calling her post breakup looks her revenge wardrobe, and earlier in the week she wore this amazing bright orange Helen O'Connor maxi dress and then I think it was everyone's favorite look. This week her beautiful, sort of ballerina inspired pink blush chewel dress. And she's also been changing her look up. She's gone a little bit lighter on her hair. I think we're going to see her blonde very soon. So the only influencer who hasn't gone darker, it seems in recent times, well she kind of probably triggered everyone gotten dark. So she was actually interviewed on the red carpet and she said, I'm focusing on having a good time and living my best life. Wearing a good outfit definitely helps her confidence. It has been a hard time, but I'm getting there. With fashion week the races, it's a good time to break up. It's breakup season, as they say, did she actually say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow, that's a bit of a burn.
Speaker 1: Literally the well. Amid all these fashion moments, Olivia has been giving her followers an insight into the reality of her breakup. And I think it's really good because it's easy to look at all these extravagant events that she's going to and think, oh, she must be doing okay. I think it's also is relatable, though, seeing someone putting out the best of themselves on social media, because I feel like a lot of us do that when we are going through a breakup, because you want to look like.
Speaker 2: You've moved on. You look, you're looking hot, you don't care.
Speaker 1: But as Kate said, she has been sharing the reality because she put up a photo of her in the doctor's waiting room with the caption starting the day with the pych session. I've been seeing a psychologist weekly at the moment, and he has been such an amazing support for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She also shared a makeup free selfie on Tuesday last week, saying, my life is falling apart a little recently, but at least my skin hasn't. Now. I think she was trying to poke fun, but I do think that there is a little bit of truth behind that, because this week on Monday, she announced that she's getting a house ready to sell. So this would be so upsetting having to do all these huge things by yourself. I was shocked that she was selling the house because I I thought there must have been some deal where she got the house and Justin got their dogs Ziggy. We've got to remember, though, that this is a divorce, it's not just a breakup, so you would assume that they would be going through legal proceedings and one of the big things you'd have to do is start dividing the assets fairly. The whole thing is she might actually not want to even live in that house anymore. It might actually be a good move for her. I wonder if she might go and move in with Tully. Well, Tully's just moved into a one bedroom apartment, so I don't think so. Now. Olivia did make another big announcement on the weekend. This time it was about her sobriety. So on Friday night, Olivia was sharing lots of photos of her hosting a girl's night at her house, and fellow influencer Tully Smyth was in attendance and shared how they were both comforting one another through these difficult times, because, as we spoke about on last week's podcast, Tully's boyfriend Daniel has recently just moved to the US for a job, so they are doing long distance and it was really nice to see that Tully and Olivia were really leaning on each other and going to be a great support to one another. Yeah, I thought it was so nice to see as well. I think what sparked a lot of questions about Olivia's sobriety is the fact that in the photos that were shared, I even noticed that all the girls had glasses of wine and were clearly drinking, and obviously prompted a lot of followers to ask Olivia is she drinking again? And I suppose it's confusing because Olivia has really embraced like non alcoholic wine and non alcoholic gin, so I assumed maybe she was just drinking that, but she has confirmed that she is no longer a teetotal which I always find that word really fine. I hate that word because I don't drink alcohol and I don't think i've ever called myself that. It just sounds really lame. The thing is It's quite interesting because she has really made a brand for herself from not drinking.
Speaker 2: She didn't drink at her wedding.
Speaker 1: She said that she didn't drink it during her hands or any of those factivities because.
Speaker 2: She didn't need it.
Speaker 1: Well, she said that she is only having one or two drinks, but if she feels like it, then she thinks that she can have it and is comfortable doing that now. I was a little bit surprised that she made this announcement only because it can be perceived that someone is leaning on alcohol during one of these times. But at the same time, when you are going through something shit, if you just want to let your hair down and have a dance with your friends and have a fun time, there's probably nothing wrong weak I'm going to be honest. I was actually disappointed, and then I reflected on how bad that is because it's clearly her decision what she does in her life, and she has well, there's also a difference between having one or two drinks and absolutely writing herself off, because she has spoken about how she did stop drinking because following her you know, big nights out, she would have a lot of anxiety afterwards, which she was only made worse. And I think that that was my initial concern. I saw that she said that she was no longer you know, sober or what, and that's what I was thinking too, because she's going through a really hard time in her life, and she did speak a lot about having debilitating anxiety, and also that she was feeling so much better her mental health and her physical health was better when she wasn't drinking. So I think that's why I'm feeling protective, because I'm like, I just want the best for herself.
Speaker 2: It's just going to be a one off thing.
Speaker 1: It's not like she's an alcoholic, though she's been. I've spoken a lot about the fact that it wasn't good for her, and I think I mean, in hindsight now thinking back to some of those interviews, she spoke a lot about how drinking alcohol would make her and justin fight, and to me, it's sort of a few red flags there, and now that we know what happened, but maybe she feels comfortable to drink now that she's not in that relationship. It's a bit like during COVID everyone was like, hey, just eat what you want to be able to get through it. I feel like that's kind of what she's going through. She's like, Okay, I need a drink with my friends to unwind. She's having this terrible time. So I know, but I'm just think I don't know. I think it was disappointing because I think the sobriety messaging was so strong and as so I've said, a part of her brand, and I feel for her that she is needing.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think she's needing.
Speaker 1: I think that she now realizes that she's gone for a year or so without having it and now she's in a space in her life where she can have one or two drinks and not go crazy. And also I think the thing is it was pretty bold of her to be honest with everyone about it, because I can imagine if you've made that your brand, then it would be quite scary to tell every I mean, she's already telling everyone all of this information about her life that would and that she probably wanted to tell people, so she doesn't get in those situations how she's caught out. Now. I think we do have to touch on what Justin is up to, because last weekend he was spotted partying with two models at bar Bambi of all places. So a photo on Instagram has popped up of Justin with the nightclub owner Nick Russian, alongside two models who are Brooke Bailey and Chavon Stindle. Now I've had a stalk of the two Instagram models accounts and it's quite interesting because Justin follows them, but they don't follow Justin back. I also noticed that Justin and Olivia are no longer following each other, and I do wonder if that is down to the fact that, to be honest, Justin's coming across as a complete dick on his Instagram. He've been posting some really insensitive stuff. This insta story popped up where it looked like he was out on a date with someone, so he zoomed in on him holding someone's hand, and then he zoomed out to reveal that it was Dale Thomas, which is an ex footy play and one of his friends. But wasting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I saw the Instagram.
Speaker 1: Post, my heart dropped. I was like, Oh my god, is he with a girl. It's obvious he's got a lot of new followers because everyone, of course wants to go over and check out his photos and what he's doing. And I feel like maybe he's got a bit of a big head.
Speaker 2: He's enjoying it the attention.
Speaker 1: He accepts follow requests instantly, because I went and followed him and my finster and it was like, literally within one second, he accepted the request. He also posted this weekend, we shared a photo of him and Ziggy, their dog, and put notorious duo, and I'm like, is this really just trying to get a reaction out of Olivia. I saw a friend wrote under the post up to no good and justin liked it. I also saw a woman write cute couple, which he also liked. I just feel like saying, get off your Instagram at the moment. I know that Olivia is on hers, but I think that what he's been posting is quite insensitive and not in a good time. I think Olivia is winning the Instagram battle because not only is she looking absolutely stunning in all of her quote revenge wardrobe, but she's also sharing the reality of it and being really raw with her followers. That I think is going to put her in good steed in terms of a social media response. I really's making himself Loo look a complete dick. I really hope that she has actually blocked justin so she feels open to share what she wants and not feel bound to him being able to view it. Yeah. No, And then also even worse, this is not work related, but I'm fairly sure it's up there with the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: I sent that food to my mum and dad.
Speaker 1: Steph clare Smith has shared the mortifying moment she accidentally sent both her parents a nude photo. Okay, how did this happen? Or I've got to go back to the start. So on Stephan Laura's podcast, The Kickpod, they had a listener send in a work dilemma. So this poor listener had, you know, when you go on Messenger and you can open up all the photos that you've sent. This girl was showing a co worker a photo of her partner's tattoo. All of these other explicit videos and photos ended up coming up as.
Speaker 2: She did that.
Speaker 1: So Steph said she had a similar experience back when she was she was modeling full time, and she had her WhatsApp messages open on a message that she'd sent to Josh, except she forgot that she'd sent him a nude earlier, so she thinks the makeup artist saw it. Now it gets a lot worse because that the nude scandals don't stop there. Steph went to send Josh a nude and this is when Steph had moved out of home and was living by herself, so she sent Josh this nude but it ended up being text to both her parents.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't actually go into how she did it, but Laura butted in and said, yeah, and you send it to me as well. And I'm like, why is Steph sending me in nude? And Steph was like, oh my god, I just sent this photo to my parents. What do I do? So Laura rushed over to Steph's house and they were sitting on her bed trying to work out what to do, and they're like, you can't understand it, like retrieve the message because both of her parents had automatic download on photos. So her mum ended up replying saying I don't think we needed to see that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it'd be bad enough sending it to your mum but also your dad. That's a double reckon in that instance. You just ring them immediately be like, do not look at your phone. I actually sent you something like I'll come over and delete it or something. Well, it would be hard not to click on the message. What would you guys do in that situation. I think I'd throw my phone into the river and then just disappear for a few years. I don't think there's much you could do in that situation. Well, thankfully our dad's phone is always turned off. Oh yeah, they could worry about that, so you'd probably just destroy his phone. You just get to ham to it or something. I suppose it depends where they lived, like how close they lived to you. If you were in close enough proximity, I think you would come over and try and destroy their phones first. I don't know. I think could you come up with a story as to why it was sent? Like, is there any possible.
Speaker 2: Kat your explanation?
Speaker 1: You're always sending us photos of like something on your neck or like some mark that you're concerned about. Oh sorry, I super ful nude because I's been concer about this bowl on my deck. Yeah. I don't think your parents would be believing any of that. But you just have to never ever ever talk about it again. Isn't that bad? Because Steph's always in that launing Gerie photo, So it's kind of like your parents have seen it all before. I think it's different though, end provocative nude, like I'm sure it wasn't just like a flash of their boobs, Like I'm sure there was something going on in the photo.
Speaker 2: I think it's also.
Speaker 1: Worse when you know that that person was sending it to their partner. Yeah, like you know that the intention was there. Parents, they've also had to listen to that podcast about them talking about having sex for a month or whatever it was. I think they'll just be tuning out of their podcast. We just talk about how long it took me to get ready this morning, Like this looks just like casual jump in the car chill.
Speaker 2: That's the look I'm going for.
Speaker 1: But that's not what happened. Beauty brand Lebang Body has announced its ending its three year collaboration with self proclaimed holistic health Princess Sarah's Day. So if I've never seen a brand announced they were parting ways with someone like this before, Yeah, it's really odd because usually when a brand collaboration ends, it's not highly publicized like this that all. Usually the brand moves on and they get a new ambassador and we sort of stop hearing this influence to talk about this life changing product. A little bit like what happened when Sarah's Day stopped working with Loving Earth and we never saw eating their chocolate again, and when they stopped driving masters. Yeah, yeah, Well, Libang is using this as a huge marketing opportunity. They're putting all these posts saying that all good things must come to an end, and they're having this huge seventy percent of sale to celebrate the collaboration ending. So instead of saying an end of years sale, they're saying it's an end of collaboration sale. So on Instagram, lo Bag wrote end of collaboration sale, save up to seventy percent off the Sarah's Day's entire range. They continued saying, we want to take a moment to say a huge thank you to Sarah's Day for taking a chance on our business and helping us grow and create such a beautiful skincare range. We have had the best time creating these amazing products over the last three years.
Speaker 2: What a journey it has been.
Speaker 1: Thank you, which translates to we have so much stock left over that we can't get rid of here's seventy off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, it kind of screams to me that maybe the marketing manager didn't love working with Did she got out that weird? Was it a hand cream or something that clearly didn't sell?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: She did sell all that. I mean, I bought some of her deodorant, and I was using it for a while, and then I kind of realized that I didn't want to support her, so I've moved on to a frank body natural le. I assumed it was a financial decision for the brand to move on, because I'm sure that she would have been on a hell of a lot of money for a collaboration like this, and initially they would have partnered with her to get exposure. But now that they have built a following of loyal customers who really enjoy their products, I don't think they need her any It's not selling clearly because I've got so much to get rid of it, But I do think that's the case. I think that it is selling because there were so many people commenting underneath please please don't get rid of the deodorant, and there's this like pity party deodorant quite good, yeah, And everyone was saying please don't get rid of it. And underneath every question about the deodorant, le Bag was saying stay tuned everyone. So clearly what they're doing is they're bringing out their ownant, which will have the exact same ingredients, but it would just be completely rebranded and Sarah's day won't be getting her huge cut of all. It's obvious that she's got nothing to do with this end of collaboration.
Speaker 2: She's not promoted at all.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it's necessarily because the product isn't popular. They're probably just trying to get rid of the dregs. Why would you enjoy it there? Obviously you have paid her a lot of money previously. Well maybe if she was selling everything and she was worth it, you would keep her on as an Yeah, but I think that they've got the exposure that they wanted out of her. But I do think that her products maybe are taking a little bit more than they used to. I think everything used to sell out, like for example, when she had her collaboration with White Fox. I mean, I think she still is in partnership with her active wear Rangers, but I remember they used to sell like hotcakes, and now there are sales for those products. There used to be never any sales for Sarah's Lebang products. I think maybe she started bringing too many different things out and people get sick of being sold at there all the time. There was some hamper of her products, and I think when it was released it was about one hundred and thirty dollars, and now they're being sold for thirty dollars. So I feel like there are so many products that haven't been sold. I did love how desperate a couple of the users sounded. It reminded me of if Max's studio Fixed Foundation went out of like you know, went out of business, and I would be trying to get my hands on as much of it as possible. Because a few people were like, I've bought nine of these to stock up and one use it. They said, it's particularly concerning the fact that Pity Party deodorant was such a revolutionary product that so many people love and call their holy grail. Why the sudden end of collaboration. What will be happening with these beloved formulas? Will they be taken on by Lebang without Sarah's name on it? If any of those panicked people are listening to the podcast, I understand. I did use that deodorant for probably a year and a half go to Frank Body's deodorant or nut One Dish used it and Brandon told me I literally smelled like bo that I had to get.
Speaker 2: You have to go through it.
Speaker 1: I think you have to go through the process of your body getting form. I was on that natural GeoDa for ages. Do you know what's best role on Dove Deodan?
Speaker 2: I love roll on deodorant.
Speaker 1: There's a few options there that you can try. What is strange is Sarah is yet to comment on this sale. She didn't like the post that she was tagged in them thanking her for three years of work. It's quite clear that she's not going to address the fact that she is parting ways with Lebang. I will be interested to see though, because a couple of months ago, on Sarah's podcast The Health Code, she and Kurt spoke about this blacklist of brands that they have, So they've blacklisted a whole range of people that they used to work with in the past. So Kurt said on the podcast that she should name and shame the brands, and she said that she didn't want to get sued, so she was going to stay quiet on exactly who they were, but she did go on to say that one of the brands in question treated her like a punching bag, and she was encouraged by friends to take legal action because they owed her a whole lot of money. But she hasn't actually worked with that many brands, So even by her telling this story, you can kind of work out just probably worked with what a handful of brands. The thing is, you can't defame a brand, you can only defame a person, So I mean she could have named them, Well, she was kind of defaming a person because she was speaking lengths about one of the brand managers who she didn't like, who said she was really.
Speaker 2: Rude to her.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's go through some of the brands that she does no longer work with. So one of them is Bondie Sands, one of my faves because she cracked the shits, remember because she did a video for Bondie Sands after her pregnancy with Fox and she didn't like how she looked. Another one, as you touched on Kate in the beginning, is Loving Earth, so she no longer works with them. They were huge. I used to be on a channel all the time. It's funny when you go back and watch old videos. It was just like add no dislosure of it. I remember trying that chocolate back in the day and it kind of tasted like candles. I think it all tastes like you know, when you have chocolate and you've just had a drink of water.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other brand that.
Speaker 1: Is quite highly publicized that she used to work with this Mazda. So they apparently stopped working with Mazda because they went off and bought their own very luxe car so they didn't need to be driving around in a free Mazda anymore. He's the only brand, like og brand left, Tripeka that she works with. Course she only really promotes that body Bloom. Well that's her own formula. God, people will be upset if that, you know, if she cuts ties with Trapeka, because I think a lot of people use that body Bloom. I wonder if it's because she's making enough money off the app that she doesn't really need all these brand collaborations anymore. So I think the biggest one and the one that is most interesting to me is her deal with Spotify, because they've just wrapped up season two of the health Code, and they ended by saying that they may be coming back with long form episodes. So I wonder how that works within their contract because throughout their podcast there's always sort of tiny little potshots being made about that they don't like. You can tell they don't like the format. Yeah, they've signed the contract, don't had to fulfill it, but their podcast will be so much better as a longer format. Actually had a look on social Blade, which of course shows how many followers and influencer has lost or gained over the month, and in the past month alone, Sarah has dropped four thousand, two hundred and sixty followers. However, I did see the other day that she gained over seven hundred followers, which was a bit odd because every other day she'd lost a thanks she put it out of vlog that day, so it really shows that when she's engaging with her audience and creating content, she's gaining new followers. But because she has been so inactive on her YouTube and her social channels, that's when people lose interest and don't want to buy into her life anymore. I noticed that back in March, when she gave birth to Malachi, she jumped twenty six thousand followers. That doesn't actually surprise me though, because the baby sell. It just shows how big those life moments are for actually attracting followers and money.
Speaker 3: It does look like David and You are fitted for each otter since he chose your pumpcakes.
Speaker 2: As much as Mt mac can.
Speaker 1: And that's Ali's were about. Filede Love Islands, eck and Sue has revealed she's ditching the lip fillers and opting for a more natural look.
Speaker 2: Amy. This is very reminiscent of Molly May.
Speaker 1: It really is, because back in December twenty twenty one, Molly famously dissolved her lip fillers and got rid of her composite bonding, and now Eken wants to do the same. So apparently Eken watching herself back on Love Island prompted her decision to go natural, as well as being mindful of the young girls who look up to her. I'm really surprised because from my understanding, Ecken Sue when and God all these procedures done to appear on Love Island, So it's weird that she's now watched it back and thought, hmm, I don't like that she has really done a backflip because she got breast in plants and also veneers before going into the villa. But this is what she had to say about it. So she said, I'm going back to my natural roots. I'm getting rid of my lip fillers. I'm against all this stuff. Now, Fellers can make you look worse. I can see that I haven't had anything major done to myself except the lips and the boobs. Women look up to me. Girls look up to me, So why should I be fake? Be yourself. That's why I've gone dark, because the real Ekin is dark. I think natural beauty is a lot prettier. I think it's an interesting message because from reading between the lines, to get on Love Island, you almost it feels like have to have these procedures done for the produce. Yeah, you have to look a certain way in order to fit the bill of what Love Island expects. And I do find it quite interesting because a lot of the commentary surrounding Eke and Sue was that a lot of people thought she was lying about her age and that she was actually a lot older than twenty seven. And I wonder if she's thinking, Wow, all of these cosmetic procedures have actually made me look older, not younger. Also, a lot of commentary when photos emerged of what she looked like pre surgery was that she was unrecognizable. So I am wondering how far she'll actually go in reversing some of these procedures, because with Molly May, she certainly looks better, but she still was a bit shy to show off her natural teeth when she got the composite bonds. I think he's gone back and got more. I think Eckin looks stunning. I don't think she's gone too far. I think Molly May went a bit far with the feelers, to the point where her she didn't really look like herself anymore, only twenty one years old, and she looked a lot older. And I think it's interesting that you said that so because maybe eck and Seue is thinking, if I reverse some of the things, I might look a little bit more youthful. I do feel for a lot of the women coming out of Love Island, because I feel like their looks are up for judgment and it'll be really hard coming out of there with the amount of troll comments that they receive, particularly with Eckin Sue being told that she looks so much older than she is, of course you'd reflect on perhaps what you'd had done, even though I actually think the work that she's had done looks pretty good. Yeah, I think she looks very good at the moment. I do think though, that there are some things that maybe she could pull back a little bit that make her look more natural, as she said, dyeing her back to her color. I do think it's rather interesting that Molly May and Eck and Sue were the standouts of their season, and potentially now they're feeling because they've got so many fans, probably people telling them how great they're look and how beautiful they are inside and out. Maybe that's why they're now feeling confident enough to strip themselves.
Speaker 2: Back a bit.
Speaker 1: Just back to your point, Sophie, you said how you kind of have to look a certain way to be on Love Island. Molly May has been wanting to distance herself from the show since she got off the show. Do you think it's the same with Ekin because she recently spoke out in an interview and said that she wants to be on Coronation Street because she was, of course on that Turkish soap opera. So I watched Coronation Street and everyone sort of just looks more normal, They're more natural looking. So I wonder if it's actually for her career progression. She's thinking I need to strip back and get rid of the lick fillers, or someone has said to her, like a casting agent, you can't be having all that work done well. As an actor, you also have to show a lot of expression in your face for it to be believable.
Speaker 2: So maybe that also does come.
Speaker 1: Maybe she doesn't want to look like ekin sewer off Love Island either to appear on Coronation Street, because maybe she wants to be taken more seriously as an app was anyone else shocked that she didn't get the new hosting gig for Love Island UK because everyone thought that she was going to replace Caroline Because I think they need someone that is separate to the hype of Love Island in a way, like they need a more I feel like Caroline and also Laura a bit more. We're a bit more serious, older, like they weren't the same age as all the contestants. They they're kind of more like a cool big sister to the group. Rather than being a contestant. I think Ekin would have been great, though. I actually think it's a silly movement that they should have got her. Ecken's actually set to be in that Celebs Dancing on Ice. All of them seem to do that when the show coming out. I think it's coming out soon. Apparently they'd want to hurry that up. Yeah, I mean even I'm losing interest a bit. I'm just worried they'll break up before the can keep my hands to myself. Selena Gomez and Hailey Bieber have broken the Internet after appearing in a photo alongside one another.
Speaker 2: Amy.
Speaker 1: This comes just weeks after Hailey Bieber's much hyped interview with Call Her Daddy. That's right, so in late September, I'll just refresh everyone's memories. Haley spoke out about the vicious trolling she'd been receiving since her engagement and subsequent marriage to Justin Bieber, and in this interview, she also denied rumors that her relationship with Justin Bieber had overlapped with Selena Gobers. Very importantly, she never mentioned Selena's name. It was always Justin's X or her or she and I almost thought this would actually rignite more of a fight between the two and call her Daddy's host Alex Cooper said something along the lines to Haley like, Oh, it would be great if Selena could put an end to this. Even if she just did a love heart comment under one of your posts. I feel like it would tell all of the haters to get lost. She's done a lot more than that. They were photographed at the Academy Museum gala, several photos of them embracing looks like they're holding hands, all chummy, cheek to cheek. I was shocked when I saw this. This photo is going to go down in celebrity history as being so iconic. The photographer Tyrrel Hampton who snapped this shot. He shared it on Instagram on Monday, and he perfectly captioned the post plot twist, and the photo amassed one million likes in just nine hours. I loved reading all the comments underneath. Some of my favorites were love watching the reverse of global warming and Everybody's skin clearing from this pick, and another said Tyrrell's photographed history, this will be your most iconic pick of the year. And my favorite was justin Bieber's new wallpaper. I like the one that said the way Hailey Bieber and Selena Gomez have done more for world peace than the majority of the politicians in the world. I never thought I would see the day when the two of them were pictured together. Can you imagine how fuck do it actually be to have a photo with your partner's ex? Yeah, well you have, I have this, But that's a long story. But I actually thought that this would only happen if Hailey broke up with just Like. I didn't see this happening when she was with Justin. I think it's a really classy look for Selena Gomez because she seems so lovely. She does, and she's got her much hyped Netflix docco series coming out, so it's a bit of a stroke of pr genius. Oh, this is definitely due to the fact that the docco's coming. Is that, because in a way, wouldn't we prefer to see this photo after Selena's docco? Like it's a bit it's making everyone even more interested in it, and it's making Selena look like the bigger person because obviously she's reached out to Haley after this interview and has wanted to men think, Yeah, it definitely makes her look like the bigger person, but it doesn't really create the hype as much around the DOCCO. I get what you mean, because we've seen the interview with Haley. We've heard and everyone, what are they going to hate each other? And then it's like all of Selena's fans would be glued and wanting to see her bitch about Haley. Don't we all now want to find out why they're now friends?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: Maybe this is all for the docco. Like maybe the DOCCO. I think they've been filming Selena for like eight years. I wonder if they were at this event and they've recorded all of it. I do also love the narrative of this photo. It's women supporting women rather than being pitted against each other. It's like they've kind of called bullshit on the way it was just another event. He was taking the photo. Now that's another plot twist. Well, I think that is all we have time for. Thank you so much for joining us for today's episode. It was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes.
Speaker 2: We pay respect to elders past and present.
Speaker 1: Now, if you did like the show and want to join in on the conversations, head over to our Facebook group, which has Outspoken the podcast community, and please go give us a follow on Instagram and TikTok. Our handle is Outspoken Underscore, the Underscore Podcast