Speaker 1: A Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people's today. This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, I'm Mitchell, and this here's our radio show. Every single week we package up the best of the pickup and we put it right here so you don't have to listen to the whole show if you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Look. We started out the show as friends. We're not really friends at the moment.
Speaker 3: I'm friends with both of you, Mitch and I.
Speaker 1: There are some rivals in the room. I could cut the tension with a knife.
Speaker 4: The reason why these two were in a fire is because it's Media Week Awards this week and both Britta and Mitch have been nominated for the same award. Now, this is a very prestigious industry award. It is next of the best, and these two are going head to head.
Speaker 3: I know, I actually.
Speaker 1: Shook it to the core that we got nominated, but also I hate having to go up against you because you're.
Speaker 3: Probably gonna win.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I've been in the industry nine times. As long as you win, I really gonna say.
Speaker 4: Guys, look, regardless of the fact that I wasn't nominated, I still love you both just as much and we did all love you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You did test our knowledge of media facts on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, and if we're going to go off that, then well one of you is the clear winner.
Speaker 5: Time will tell. I have a listen to that. Plus, I had my grandma's eighty fifth birthday, my Alma, because I'm Dutch and she was gifted and earn her own. For her birthday, we were having a succulent Chinese meal and my auntie Karen went, hey, Alma, here's what we got you for your birthday. It's an uh yeah.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit premature, wasn't it. Since she's still alive, she's I haven't kicking.
Speaker 5: She's very good for eighty five.
Speaker 3: Good years left enough.
Speaker 1: I love your family, I love them, but you you cannot give someone to earn.
Speaker 4: Imagine if your daughter that it's not just someone it was her daughter, her daughter. Hey mom, this is fun. It is something I thought you always. I saw this and thought of you.
Speaker 5: The worst part is where she bought it from. She didn't go to Temple and Webster and get the fine by China.
Speaker 4: Let's not let's not give away the whole story. Otherwise white people going to listen to it.
Speaker 5: That's it. Yeah, you'll find out where she bought it for. It's coming up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I got into a fight with a woman at a kid's play center about sharing and whether the kids should or should not share. And I have some probably you know what, probably non popular opinions about this.
Speaker 1: Real dudes on the show. Well, that's all coming up.
Speaker 4: We're all, yeah, it's a very combative show that we have today.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it. Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, I know I've been speaking about it a lot, but it's because it's taking over my entire life at the minute, dancing with the stars.
Speaker 5: Hursting day in, day out. Your ankles are saw from the sumber.
Speaker 3: It's my hip flexes. I really sore.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing the sumber, but you know, my hip flexes are all purely from dancing. I would like to make that very clear because some the kids coming up in every interview I've done, in every conversation, mostly it's when you're doing the media, the publicity rounds. It's the big conversation between what's the chemistry like with you and your partner. There seems to be this almost like an expectation or there's this subtle innuendo that everybody, all the celebrities must be getting it on with their dance partners, or that there must be some sexual chemistry there.
Speaker 1: Chemistry is very important in a performance and in dancing because it's it's acting of sorts. So do you think they're just trying to be like surface level and inquire about the partners?
Speaker 4: So you do get very close and you are kind of like rubbing your body parts on each other.
Speaker 5: Also, there have been affairs in the past. There's been so many dancing affairs.
Speaker 1: These are actually wranged questions.
Speaker 5: Honest, the roomors have been started by Britain. I believe it's happening mix jury.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, this is what I've heard that there have been quite a few celebrities in the past who have hooked up with their dancing partners.
Speaker 3: I've heard it from inside the fold really.
Speaker 4: That there are some dancers who have gotten it on with their dance But I'm assuming their dance partners were single, not that they were married in relationships. But we saw it last year the controversy that happened with Grant Dania and Lily. There was news articles that came out trying to insinuate that he was having an affair with Lily, and obviously we know Grant Dania is beautifully married to his gorgeous wife. He ended up winning a defamation case against it. But even myself, there have been so many questions that have come up from when I'm getting interviewed about the show and doing the publicity rounds around what's my chemistry like with Daniel? And was Matt jealous or does he have anything to be jealous of Daniel's my dancing.
Speaker 5: Part tell us talk to about Daniel, I reckon that's.
Speaker 1: More jealous of the fact that you're on the TV, let alone that you're up in your genitali up against someone else.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: No, to be fair, Matt wanted to kind of know who my dance partner was. He's done the show, he knows how much you spend time with the person, how intimate it is, how you have to have Like I would hate to be partnered with someone who you had sexual chemistry with because I think that that could be a danger thing and it would be really hard for your partner.
Speaker 3: But my partner, I mean, bless him.
Speaker 4: He's probably gonna hate that I say it, But like, there's nothing I have more sexual chemistry with you, Mitch.
Speaker 3: He's so young, he's twenty one.
Speaker 5: Is he straight or is he gay?
Speaker 3: He's straight, twenty one. He's Russian. He's a lovely, lovely, lovely man.
Speaker 5: Don't skim over the fact that he's Russian.
Speaker 1: Did she Russian?
Speaker 5: He's Russian?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I just mean like, he's very militant with me. So he's quite bossy, and I don't like it in like a bossy sexy way. But he's very like you know, he tells me what to do, and I'm very stubborn.
Speaker 3: I don't like being told what to do, so that doesn't really work.
Speaker 5: Has he ever tried to put it on you, like is hey're far?
Speaker 4: Never ever even to the fact that we have such little sexual chemistry and we have to do this one dance, which is the storyline, is like us being in love and then we've broken up, now we're coming back together. It's meant to be quite emotional and beautiful. I can't even pretend because I start laughing.
Speaker 1: He could also be a child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's sixteen years younger than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, yeah, it's a big different.
Speaker 5: Stranger things have happened. So when Matt did Dancing with the Stars and he was in the semi finals, were you jealous of his female dancing partner?
Speaker 4: So when Matt did Dancing with the Stars, I was only three or four weeks postpartum, like I'd just given birth to Lola. So I was feeling pretty shitty about myself at the time. And he was gone for eight hours a day rubbing himself up against a beautiful Her name is Ruby, and I love her to death. She's just the most gorgeous thing. But yeah, there was a part of me that was like, oh God, look at me.
Speaker 3: Every time I fucking call sorry, every so tired. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I was very life on cudding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every time I cough, I wean myself.
Speaker 4: And he's out there on the dance floor with this tiny, tight little thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a part against me rub me.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to rub me. I'm wearing a diaper. It was awful.
Speaker 5: So no affair because Britt and I've been texting and we thought maybe there was one.
Speaker 3: You did know that we did.
Speaker 1: We actually put bets on sports bet.
Speaker 3: You can bet on it, can you, Laura have an.
Speaker 5: A fair not wi Laura win.
Speaker 3: We know the answer to the well or a win. You're not going to get your money on that one.
Speaker 1: No, that's why we put it.
Speaker 5: On the We're not going to win money the other one.
Speaker 3: You're not going to win money on the affair either.
Speaker 4: I want to put it to rest in case any any articles come out, in case anyone wants to try and insinuate anything.
Speaker 3: Zero sexual witness chemistry.
Speaker 1: I've witnessed the dancing Ken Ken firm. There is no sexual.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, there you go take that Australia. No chemistry at all, non zero. The score is zero for sexual chemistry.
Speaker 4: The score is zero, which I don't think is going to bode very well for us when it actually comes to performing.
Speaker 3: Now, you guys dance well, but clearly you don't like each other.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 3: He's lovely. I like you. We get it.
Speaker 5: You're not a brother.
Speaker 1: Fair, you're not having a fair.
Speaker 5: We got it. We got to stop talking about it were a thing.
Speaker 3: He's like my brother, Okay, got it.
Speaker 5: Sometimes he's twenty one. No, no one does brother from Tasmania.
Speaker 1: Yeahs everything, we'll all day.
Speaker 4: I've been listening to the two of you bicker because currently you're in a bit of a competition, as we all have heard.
Speaker 5: No competition.
Speaker 3: No, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: You think you're gonna let it?
Speaker 5: Well? What's happening?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Look, it is a very big industry awards night tonight. It's called Media Week Awards. They do it every year and it's only the best of the best. And look, Mitch Jury and Pretty Hockley they are up for the same award.
Speaker 2: Dunt dunt dum.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: That's because I'm.
Speaker 3: Now this is a very pristick.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that was my sound effects.
Speaker 5: Hold on, BRIT's so jealous that I've got real sound effects? Can bring your own best? Can we sitting on a bike? Everyone?
Speaker 3: Everybody stop.
Speaker 4: This is a very prestigious award and I can only imagine how much it is killing the two of you that are your both nominees in the same category, almost as much as it's killing me to not be nominated at all. But since this is a Media Week award, and look, the one that you're up for is next of the best?
Speaker 3: Quite the title, isn't it is?
Speaker 5: It's a confusing, isn't it? Are we the best or we just sit next?
Speaker 1: I think we're just next?
Speaker 5: Oh, Laura is the best? We're just sitting next to us.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: So the awarded tonight.
Speaker 4: With the awards tonight, we're going to find out who of you actually is the winner or if it's someone completely different and not on this show. Since this is a Media Week award, I thought it might be time to get to the bottom of this before it even kicks off.
Speaker 3: And I have a little quiz.
Speaker 4: I want to know which of you knows best when it comes to media.
Speaker 1: I can already say it's Mitch.
Speaker 3: This is a have you been paying attention? All right?
Speaker 4: I'm going to ask a few quick can you stop? Sorry, I'm going to ask a few questions. You have to say your name out. The first to say your name out gets to answer it, obviously, but if you answer it wrong, you lose a point. As well, so, if you've been paying attention to the news recently, you should know this. And I think as people prominent people in media, you should have been the Prime minister of which country has visited.
Speaker 3: Australia this week?
Speaker 5: Pretty India?
Speaker 3: Yeah that was Mitch. He was first. What is the name? What is the Prime minister's name of India?
Speaker 5: Isn't the question?
Speaker 3: It gets to an extra point if you know it.
Speaker 5: It's his name is Paul.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's Narendram.
Speaker 3: You lose a point, Mitch, okay, zero.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's how the game should work.
Speaker 4: Laura, is the task mask which streaming service has cracked down on sharing passwords?
Speaker 3: Go Mitch Britney, No, it's Netflix. Yep, you are too loud too for Mitch.
Speaker 5: Okay, quite down.
Speaker 1: Halle Bailey, I know who. I know the question because I know the person. It's the little mement.
Speaker 4: It is, Okay, I had that the question with Halle Bailey and Melissa McCarthy and Javier bartam are in which New Disney film? Yes, all right, number four, and do not cut me off otherwise you lose a point. If you don't like sitting next to someone on an economy flight. Quantus is now allow passengers to do what you can.
Speaker 1: You can purchase a seat next year for three dollars, but only available.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I did you did give me the amount that was each to each? All right? Jason Derulo will feature on which the TV.
Speaker 5: Oh the voice?
Speaker 3: Yes, Mick, and last one, Britt.
Speaker 4: If you get this, we're going to a tiebreaker which city has the best UBER rating?
Speaker 5: I won?
Speaker 3: We're tired? What was it, Mitch? Mitch wins.
Speaker 1: I tried to throwing by saying, wollonge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can third. You, Mitch, jury are the next of the best. You're not the best yet, but you're next to be.
Speaker 1: You have one final question, the ultimate win.
Speaker 4: No, because you're two points behind now, Britt, so that would make you still behind.
Speaker 3: Whatever. See the competition, Mitch. Guys.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud of you both. I can't wait to see what happens tonight. And even if neither of you win, you're both winners.
Speaker 1: In mind. You know Mitch is gonna win, right because he's hosting. So whoever's name is actually honor, he's just going to scratch it out and sound my god, it's me.
Speaker 5: No one thought that Media Week. I'm announcing our own category.
Speaker 1: Surely they're going to get a guest announcer mixtury.
Speaker 4: Either way, well good luck. I can't wait to see what happens. Made the best man or woman win.
Speaker 5: Girls. I have just celebrated my beautiful Olma's eighty fifth birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Omer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm Dutch, my Dutch heritage. She's beautiful, She's Dutch, she's eighty five. She was actually missing New Holland. She was the face of berry juice in the seventies.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you'd shown me some articles.
Speaker 5: From these articles a model, she looks fair.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, is sher mom's mum with your dad's dad's mum.
Speaker 5: So on dad's side of the family. And we had all the family fly in for her eighty fifth because when you get to that old you know, you celebrate the big ones.
Speaker 3: Eighty fifth, celebrate every single one day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we go down, We drive about three hours to get to where she lives, all the family fly in from inter state, and all she wanted to do for her eighty fifth birthday, God bless Alma was go out to a Chinese buffet. Oh, we went out.
Speaker 1: It's an easy list wish, they say.
Speaker 5: Chinese buffet. We're all sitting there. We have our dim sims and we have our honey chicken, and we get to the end and we get to gift giving time. So we're all sitting there. I give Alma my gift. She loves it. Gave her skin care because she said to me, all I want, Mitch is a serum.
Speaker 3: A serah. It's hard to buy for an eighty five. They've always got, They've got everything.
Speaker 5: Sucks, knickknacks. I've got it all a serum and which was a serum for her skin. Gave her a serum. She loved that. We gave a more gift. She got a pair of shoes. We gave a more gift. She's opening these gifts, big beautiful gifts. We get to the final one from my auntie Karen, who is her daughter, her elder's daughter, and Karen's got this big, beautiful box, and we go, oh, this is gonna be a nice gift for eighty five. And we're all sitting espresso. Yeah, well that's what I thought. We're at a round table at this Chinese restaurant, all celebrating Almar and her lave at eighty five. She opens this box and my auntie has given her an urn, a blue and white Dutch style urn with a windmill on it for somebody in the urn or erne was completely empty?
Speaker 3: Was the urner preparation tool.
Speaker 5: The urn was given to Alma as a gift to one day be housed in. Alma was given her own cast.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Booked in for this cremation, babe, on this day. If you don't make it in time, like you haven't die yet, postpone the day schedule.
Speaker 3: It's fair. She will use it one day.
Speaker 5: Oh but you don't about it.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't what that is? That would have wasted present? Get her another serum? Did she okay?
Speaker 4: What was her response to the urn? Was she gracious and appreciative or did she say, look early, I.
Speaker 5: Don't speak Dutch, but let me tell you if I didn't swear words galore. She was not happy. She's really unimpressed with his own. She was upset, offended, as you would be too. If that's equivalent if you've been given a coffin.
Speaker 3: You imagine if someone brought you a coffin.
Speaker 1: I mean they are expensive.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't. She got it from Vinnie Brittany.
Speaker 1: It's a second hand because it was passed.
Speaker 5: Around the table. Give me a look at this hand. I turned it upside down. Vinnie's eight dollars was on the somebody else has been in it and it wasn't even sealed. It was a cookie jar in a past life.
Speaker 3: Wait no, stop crumbs. It's actually couldn't write this.
Speaker 4: Do you think that maybe somebody has used it for their grandparents and then they've gone and thrown them into the river or the ocean or something. That's what people like to do, and then they've gone, well, we don't have any use for old Papa's earn anymore.
Speaker 3: We'll go and take it down to Vini's. Someone else. Oma deserves better than that.
Speaker 5: Olma deserves a brand new tup aware if anything.
Speaker 1: Well she yeah, she deserves a proper cookie jar.
Speaker 5: It makes you contemplate your own morality. At your own birthday, you are literally holding the product that you're going to be in for the rest of your life once you pass.
Speaker 3: It's really horrible. It's very grim, isn't it. My papa is sitting in a wardrobe at the moment.
Speaker 5: Yes, has he.
Speaker 3: Passed or.
Speaker 1: Soon?
Speaker 3: My poor Papa.
Speaker 4: He's sitting in a wardrobe because he always said he wanted to go with Nana be thrown into the ocean.
Speaker 3: But Nana is still kicking, so he's just waiting.
Speaker 5: So he's just on hold.
Speaker 1: He's in the waiting room time, in the back of the closet, on the.
Speaker 5: Dining room table or something.
Speaker 1: Put him out on the fireplate.
Speaker 3: People put them, put them on display the.
Speaker 1: Fireplace, and don't put them in the back of the wardrobe.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what people do with Yeah, it's a fireplace front center.
Speaker 5: He's back there with the winter jackets and the and the summer dinner while Gren's out there at the beach. More respect for the elderly. That's what we've learned. Absolutely happy birthday. We put all the leftover honey chicken in that ear and while we wait, we went home.
Speaker 3: It might be a bit smoky if it's been used, though, Laura.
Speaker 5: Sorry, we are not a nice note.
Speaker 7: It's me.
Speaker 5: Next time my state a Laura's house, I'm going to be terrified to go into the wars.
Speaker 3: Guys have a bone to pick.
Speaker 5: Get picking.
Speaker 4: Look, I do not in any way propose that I am you know that I'm a parent who knows what they're doing. I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm doing We established that. Oh yeah, I'm doing the best job I can. Okay, I'm doing what I think is the best that I can possibly do.
Speaker 1: Didn't you lose OSHA's child a couple of days ago.
Speaker 4: No Osha lost his own child. I didn't lose OSHA's child. I'm not responsible for other people's children. I've got two of my own, and they're the only two that I'm responsible for. Maive it a lot, okay, But the other day I took Lola and Marley, Marley's three Lolas two. I took them to this like it's like an indoor play center. It's a beautiful play center. The kids love it. You wear them out for a couple hours, get them home, put them down for the naps. But in this play center, there is it's kind of like a kid's shopping center. So all the kids get a little trolley. They can go around and there's like there's a little fruit section. All of its pretend fake fruit, but they can go through and they can do their shopping and it's super cute. They can sit down and pretend to do their nails as a makeup area. Now there's like fifty trolleys, like little kids trolleys in this place, and so the kids will have to wait and take turns if they want to use a trolley and go around and do their little grocery shopping. Adorable Lola, as I said, she's two years old. She's obsessed with it. Absolutely. So when we get there, and because the shopping is quite the main event for the kids, you got to wait for a trolley to come available. And so she sat there so patiently. She's such a good little girl. She waited for her trolley. Finally one came available. She went and got it, and she was going through the little shopping center and filling it with all these plastic fruit and bananas and fish and whatnot. Anyway, and she left her trolley for one second while she went to get another piece of fruit or something to put in.
Speaker 1: You never leave a trolley unattended, supermarched. First mistake.
Speaker 4: And there'd been this one little girl who'd been trying to take it from her whilst she was playing with it. And obviously I was like, you know, I was an arms distance away, but I could see what was going on. And as soon as Lola walked a couple steps away, this little girl came and she took the trolley, and the mother came over and instead of saying to her own daughter, oh sweety, that little girl's playing with that, she's you know, she waited, it's her turn, the mother turns around to Lola, who's too and says, you need to share.
Speaker 3: You need to share, sweetie, you need to share.
Speaker 1: Your kids to my daughter, and then came out of hibernation.
Speaker 3: It's coming. She has sucked the meat off that all of Obviously, she got so upset.
Speaker 4: She started crying, and she was so upset because she had waited her turn, and it was her turn.
Speaker 3: It was her little trolley to play with, right, this is a big thing in a two year old's world.
Speaker 4: And I walked over to the moment, I was like, oh, sorry, my daughter's actually she's playing with that, you know, she's just she just got it.
Speaker 3: She's just started.
Speaker 4: And she goes, yeah, but she needs to share, and I was like, I'm sorry, she you're telling me she needs to share. And now I know maybe this is not a popular opinion, but I don't think kids need to share.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 4: I think that sometimes if they've got a toy and it's theirs to play with, it's unreasonable to think that they constantly should have to share that with another kid.
Speaker 1: So could they not have put like a you know, maybe made a week's grocery list together and done the shopping together because they didn't live together, that wasn't her housemate.
Speaker 3: But if they didn't want to share them, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's kind of confused her in the future if she shopped with the random person.
Speaker 4: Okay, am I in the wrong here by thinking that in this sort of instance, it's not appropriate to tell someone else's child that they need to share with something that they're already playing with that.
Speaker 5: Is their So you did the absolutely right thing. What did you say to the woman?
Speaker 1: I can't picture Laura Burne having out with another mum in a supermarket of a fake free can you can?
Speaker 5: I just say, in a child's size? Are you trying to picture it now? I'm kind of picturing like two giants because I imagine the shelves are children's. Yeah, So these two giant women are standing with shopping shells up to their shins and they're yelling at each other while their kids.
Speaker 1: Are shopping, poking each other in the chests with a plastic banana, like you need to share the mind you both kids are getting upset at this point in time, and so obviously you know I took all her away.
Speaker 4: We end up doing something else, but she was so upset, and I think you gave you gave in. I gave in, you gave me, you gave up the trolley. But if you're so passionate about her getting disgruntled in the middle of it of a child's shopping center, did it didn't seem like the juice was worth the squeeze at that point in time.
Speaker 3: But it did make me think. It made me think.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's appropriate to always make children share. And the reason for that is is that I think that sometimes they need their own autonomy. Kids get so upset, they get so fixated that they want something, they think it's theirs, they want to play with it. They need to have a sense of ownership over something. And if they've got their own little made up game that they've kind of created, and then all of a sudden they're being forced to do something that they don't want to do. I think sometimes you have to pick your battles with these things. Imagine as an adult, if someone came up to you and was like, how does that chicken snitzl sandwich look Mitch to share that with right now?
Speaker 1: I finish literally does that every day to me, So that's terribly all right.
Speaker 3: Imagine you were playing with your favorite toy.
Speaker 4: You just got a new bike, and you're riding it down the street and some complete stranger comes up to you and says, you need to share that bike with that guy over there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not a parent, so this is completely unjust opinion, But my opinion is I think it's okay to make kids share.
Speaker 4: I don't think other people's kids though now you can't tell other people's I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: Overly parent another child. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying she had any right to come and say to Lola, you need to share. But the idea around Laura's question, which is should kids have to share? Of course they don't have to, but I would be encouraging my children to because I get at the end of the day, when you said, Laura, we have to have some autonomy and ownership. Lola doesn't own that. Believe it or not, she's not an entrepreneurs.
Speaker 4: Yes, she waited as she waited her turn. She waited patiently like everybody else did, and so therefore shouldn't she be entitled to have her little go at the thing that she got super excited?
Speaker 3: This is my other bug bear.
Speaker 4: When you go down to the beach and you've dragged all your crap down there, You've got all the shovels, all the spades, and then everyone else's kids comes and takes them because their parents didn't bring any I'm put your own stuff.
Speaker 1: What if their parents couldn't afford the bucket and spade and you're by lalla share in her bucket and spade. She's made another kid's day.
Speaker 4: It's more so the people don't prepare, and then they expect other people to come prepared, and then all your stuff gets stolen by other two year olds.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's a vicious cycles us childless people over here.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't grocery shop. It's too stressful, it's too much. Listen, the age old question has been answered. We finally know the rudest city in Australia.
Speaker 3: I've been truly hanging on the edge of my seat to find out. What do you think it is?
Speaker 5: Are Sydney No, definitely, I'd say Sydney or Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I'd say Melbourne only because I'm from Sydney.
Speaker 3: Why do you think Melbourne? I think Melbourn people are so lovely there.
Speaker 5: They've all got gallery shows to go to.
Speaker 3: They make lovely.
Speaker 1: Coffee, saying it's purely based off the fact that it's I'm in Sydney.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, the metric is very very believable because it's organized by Uber. It's based on Uber ratings. Ah right, right right, So the city by city right rating rankings are back. They do it every year. So they reveal the cities that have the highest ratings, i e. The nicest people, the most kind people, the sweetest people in cars in ubers.
Speaker 1: So what city is the winner?
Speaker 5: Right, I'll give you the top three. He's the top three, number three in the country. Laura Burn's hometown, Woollongong, the south coast of New South Wales is.
Speaker 1: The third rudest, lovely.
Speaker 5: People, third best, most, third nicest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stop trying to pin it on me, brit.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know which way. I didn't know which way. This is nicest Okay, second nicest.
Speaker 5: Number two Cans in Queensland second nice I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really nice and sunny up there all year like.
Speaker 3: People are happy, it's happy.
Speaker 5: The beach, it's always sunny. The kindest nicest city in the whole country, based on UBER ratings is Newcastle in New South Wales.
Speaker 3: Do you know what these all have something in common? They're all country towns.
Speaker 4: People are not stressed, they're not busy roads, they're not trying to get somewhere quickly.
Speaker 3: They're all relaxed.
Speaker 1: University towns too, having a nice time.
Speaker 5: Near the bee young people reckon, That's what.
Speaker 1: It is like. The young people are being nice and happy in Chirpy.
Speaker 5: I don't know well the national average because it's obviously out of five stars Uber is four point eight two and four point eight nine was in Newcastle. But what we've done here on the show is scrap. Who cares about the nice cities. Let's find out who the most well matted person on this show is. Oh no, britt Mitchell, Laura so producer, bite you in. She's gone through our Uber ratings. That's why we all took our phones. They've been confiscated.
Speaker 3: Oh, I should have known that something was happening.
Speaker 5: Tell us what you've done.
Speaker 3: I'm anxious about this.
Speaker 1: I'm a very I'm very nice in my ubers, but I don't I don't talk a lot. I talk on the phone.
Speaker 5: I've been in ubers with you, and you don't even know how to pay pay pass. I'm like, you don't need to pay.
Speaker 1: That was a taxi I didn't know how to use a taxi pass once me. She can't hold it against me for hour.
Speaker 7: I've selen all your phones, I've got all your ratings, and I've also dug deeper and found out who has the most one stars?
Speaker 5: Well, can you read.
Speaker 3: One star?
Speaker 4: Can we please acknowledge that some people probably take ubers more than others if we don't have the same amount of right It.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter if you're nice, Laura doesn't.
Speaker 3: It should be a percentage, not a number.
Speaker 5: If you're nice. That's something I'm so worried. Person Umber three.
Speaker 7: Feel number three give us the verdict as in the nicest, the nicest, We'll do the nicest with a rating of four point eight. Number of rides is three hundred and nine, so decent and five one star ratings me Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Oh mature like that lovely face?
Speaker 1: One star right ratings?
Speaker 3: What are you doing in there?
Speaker 5: Out of three hundred though it's because I always eat all their mentors.
Speaker 1: Like I says the winner of the bad rating. Here's the nicest. In my head, I thought you were the worst.
Speaker 3: He's nice.
Speaker 5: I talked to me. I'm like, where are you from? Where's your family? Don't I don't care where you're dropping me off? Let's go to your's awful. It's gonna be me, okay. Number two, number two in the middle the Middle Porridge only just.
Speaker 7: Behind with a rating of four point seventy nine three hundred and twenty two trips.
Speaker 3: Brittany Hockley, Oh with five one star rating.
Speaker 1: I know I had a fight with a nuper man was it was his vault.
Speaker 3: It was a oh dear means I'm a nasty person. That means, oh dear.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 3: All right, this is looks.
Speaker 4: I'm ready, and I'm also ready to debate my case as to why I get one star ratings.
Speaker 7: All right, your rating is actually not that bad. You got You've got four point six one, so it's.
Speaker 3: Not that bad. You're just below that pointless okay, just below that loverage.
Speaker 7: But you had five hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 5: Right, that's not good.
Speaker 4: That means it means that this is people five hundred and ninety nine. That's double the amount of trips that either of you have taken.
Speaker 7: This one is that this one is really telling the amount of one.
Speaker 5: Stars nineteen.
Speaker 6: God Like, do you know why?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why because I used to work in the city and I used to may know this, okay, I used to work in the city and it is a one way street and once you end up on that road, it takes you all the way down and they used to always say, oh can I can we drop you off before that street? But I used to work in retail guys, I used to lug all my stuff around.
Speaker 3: I would say, no, you have to drop me at the door.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's the reason, Laura. I do know that's the reason that is.
Speaker 3: And I also have children. Blame them too.
Speaker 5: Uber drivers around Australia take this from us and Brittany two beautiful kind five stars. We apologize for Laura, but on behalf bar of the pick.
Speaker 3: I also I hate talking to people. Sit there just be quiet. I don't want to hear about your whole life. Thank god, I was so good.
Speaker 1: I have some wild statistics that I have recently read.
Speaker 5: We have some stats on this shadow, which is nothing but the truth. Here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don'ts where it's from now, label saw. Six thousand people have been surveyed. Now, this is about bachelore and bachelorette parties. Seventy percent of Americans have said that they have cheated on their partners while attending bachelor and bachelorette parties. Now, I want it to be noted here that it's not just the bachelor and the bacheloret that are doing the cheating. It's sometimes it is, but it's also anyone at the event. I also want to be noted that cheating is a broad spectrum. It's different for different people. So this statistic ranges around flirting, to downloading apps, to sexting, texting, to strip clubs, to go in the full hole.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is everyone invited to a bachelor a bachelourette's party, seventy.
Speaker 1: Percent of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, and you said six thousand people were surveyed.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, six thousand people served about their unfaithful behavior. At these shindigs.
Speaker 4: So how many people are flirting and just having a little like, oh you look cute tonight, verse getting a lap dance or you know, having a shnog.
Speaker 1: Yep, so lap dance. I'm lucky, you asked Laura, because I do have that stat here as well. Thirty three point one percent.
Speaker 3: I get lap dancers.
Speaker 1: Yep, kissing just the sound effect there twenty one point three percent.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll be honest. I've had a lap dance at a at a party when you were with someone, but it was with a woman. I'm not attracted to women. I went to my brother in law's Bucks party. I got a lap dance.
Speaker 3: I did nothing that No, did that count? Were you in a relationship at a time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But with a man, would they have found that intimidating?
Speaker 5: They were also there and had the sister of the girl on them too. It was a double whammy. It was very fun, it was very spicy. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Eleven point two percent this is a big one. Eleven point two percent of people had said that they had slept with somebody else. Nine percent said they had a threesome. So that's twenty percent of people that are actually going the full hog and cheating completely on their partners.
Speaker 5: What happened to the Bucks party? Because I feel like all the bachelor party, because I feel like this is more common than we think, apparently for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, cheating is different for everyone. Now for me, hypothetically Ben my beautiful boyfriend, he does live overseas, so we have to have a lot of trust in our relationship anyway. But hypothetically he's at a bachelor party. If he got a lap dance, if he was with a bunch of people and then Suber came over, gave him my lap dance, no touching, moved on, gave someone else lap dance, I'd be probably mad about it, wouldn't be comfortable with it, but I wouldn't think that that was cheating.
Speaker 3: But if if there were any.
Speaker 1: Contact or went any further one hundred. Now, I know that's different for everybody, But for me, I'm like, Okay, one night, nothing happened, there was no touching. Everyone's got the same thing, so I guess it's different. Depends on what your boundaries are relationship.
Speaker 5: I'm with you. I mean, I've learned a lot about cheating in the last couple of months, but It depends on the relationship that you have with your partner. You have to communicate totally. You need to know what the boundary is for them, and they need to know what the boundary is for you.
Speaker 4: But in saying that, I think that bachelorette parties and bachelor parties are very triggering for some people because once you put that sort of cocktail of drinking, of having strippers, of temptation.
Speaker 3: Of all the mates and the lads together, that there can.
Speaker 4: Be this additional peer pressure or this additional like enabling that can make a lot of people feel really worried about what their partners are going to do, a worry that may not be there at a normal day to day or on a normal Saturday night out.
Speaker 5: Chelsea, Hey, what happened at the party?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Hi, Yeah, my husband he was out for a bachelor part and you know, they got absolutely wasted and went to a strip club and everything, and I was fine with but then, you know, came home distraught because he'd gone to the clubs afterwards and actually kissed.
Speaker 5: Another girl and he was upset that he'd done it.
Speaker 8: Oh, he was so torn up about it, and you know, he came in and I said, you know what's wrong, Like, you meant to have had this great night out before, you know, our big day, and he was just absolutely torn up.
Speaker 3: About it and what happened? Did you, like, how did you feel about the whole repercussions?
Speaker 8: Well, like, at the time, it was it was horrific. No one ever wants to have that happen to.
Speaker 6: Them, I don't think.
Speaker 8: But you know, it took a lot of work and a lot more communication to get through it. And I said, you have to really work for it and prove yourself to come back from this. But which we did, which like both of us so excited and grateful for. But it was a real testing time in the relationship for sure.
Speaker 3: Did you push back the wedding at all?
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 8: It was coming up quick, but we pushed it back just a few months to really focus on ourselves and repairing what had happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, crazy, But the fact that he came back and was apologetic I think proves that it wasn't really it was a mistake. Yeah, Katie, Hi, what happened at Batchelor party?
Speaker 6: I've caught my boyfriend, my fiance cheating on me with a stripper. So that was fantastic caught.
Speaker 1: How physically caught or just found out like inspected garadget after the fact.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I actually found out. I mean it makes me look I look back at it now, I think he's so stupid because one of his bucksmen is like one of our mutual friends, and I'm like his friend, Alex of our you know, we've been good friends for years. As if he's not going to tell me. And it all happened four weeks before the wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you still get married?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: What did he do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: What was the cheating?
Speaker 6: So he slept with a stripper? Basically, yeah, so that's how it's to read. It was the biggest like walking red flag.
Speaker 1: Have you married him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, oh, hell no. I haven't spoken to him. So I got a call on Friday from the mutual friend Alex, who is like, look, I can't let you get married knowing this information. And I'm at work at the time, and I think I was more angry than like upset. I just saw read. I packed up my stuff. I straight to my parents' house. And this is the worst bit. So Alex has then told Riley, the ex fiancee, he's driven to the house, to my parents' house, knowing that's where I'm going to be. We have this massive screaming argument on the front lawn, like it was like a scene from Housos that.
Speaker 3: He told you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so he didn't tell me.
Speaker 6: I found out from Alex. And then he comes kind of, you know, apologize obviously we're supposed to be getting married in four weeks and then yeah, and I just said, no, this is like and to be fair, like I'm still fairly young, and I'm like, I wasted my youth on you whatever, and I'm just like, nap, this isn't not happening.
Speaker 3: Thank god I didn't go through with it. I mean, thank god you you know, you saw the light and you found out before you got married.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well this is one thing, like four weeks like and I just think, like four weeks before you get married, Like, you could have done this a year ago, and I would have cut ties because a lot of the stuff deposits were put down, you know, the floor.
Speaker 5: Everything you do. And also the fact he could put you at risk. He could have got some sort of nasty down man, and they could have given it back to you, you know, at least put an her at risk. It's true.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Mitch