Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack's moved into a new neighborhood and he's found a new local character, A kind of noisy noisy neighbor.
Speaker 3: Not a kind of noisy neighbor, the noises of the neighbors. We have a bagpiper who practices outdoors.
Speaker 4: Wow, when at least he's taken it outdoors, not.
Speaker 3: To keep it indoors, keep it contained.
Speaker 2: But surely with his indoors it's even loud. He's thinking of his neighbors. So what does he go to and oval?
Speaker 3: It sounds so loud that at first Bianka thought he was next door. I said, no, the pipes. The pipes are so annoying. They travel, they travel really far. I think we think he's in the park, but we've never seen him.
Speaker 2: Are you need to follow the sounds like the pied pipe we see where he is.
Speaker 3: We tried. Bianca suggested that he might be in a tree, because.
Speaker 4: We want to see a tree.
Speaker 3: We couldn't see him anywhere, but we know the sound is coming from the park. How often is it's not a beautiful.
Speaker 4: Like your baby's trying to sleep during the day.
Speaker 3: It's not like is it's a very unique taste of a sound.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you really.
Speaker 3: You are putting your foot down in the suburb and saying like the noise of the suburbs. You're quite right practicing.
Speaker 2: There's no getting away from it. Like I guess if you're practicing your drums or something. It's a couple of houses. You can hear that the bagpipes is everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, you just reminded me I came from I left Coburg where I had that drumming teenager. You would wait until after I got away from him. And now I'm sitting with the bag.
Speaker 4: What time of the day is he crank yesterday?
Speaker 2: With mid day that big old wingze box, especially because it takes a while to sort of get it kind of.
Speaker 3: With bagpipes? Can you not practice at half volume or lesser volume? Do you have to? He hasn't got a volume switch on it?
Speaker 4: You're right, headphones?
Speaker 3: How did you do like a half blow?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: You can just do the chanter, which is like the record a bit of it and take the bag.
Speaker 4: I forgot. We've got expert on the course.
Speaker 3: I did learn the bagpipes.
Speaker 4: It must it looks very hold alone impossible.
Speaker 3: You play the bagpipes. No, I didn't get very far. I did two lessons in Quinn.
Speaker 4: So how many times a week is he cranking up the old bag?
Speaker 3: I've heard him three times in the last two weeks. Oh my god. He loves the weekends.
Speaker 2: Come the weekend, kill the pipes and he's out. How long is he out there practicing Saturday?
Speaker 3: Four hours? No way, it is constant. I thought it might be a CD.
Speaker 2: Jerry Springsteen and the e Street Man who requires four hours of bag bite.
Speaker 3: He's on his own. Yesterday was an hour for lunch. But on the weekends he just goes Where.
Speaker 2: Do I think you could go and practice that where no one could hear you? Are the aquarium? Underwater? Rio? Who have you got?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: I live next door to an experimental and this is what he's described himself to us as the sound artist. So he's he makes like experimental scores from like weird Niche.
Speaker 4: Your headphones into the keyboard.
Speaker 1: It's so loud.
Speaker 4: This is from Rio's bedroom. That's awful. This is like some awful kind of a scaled role.
Speaker 3: How long will this gone?
Speaker 4: The aliens are landing on the road. That is too much? What is this being scored? To as well. Saw nine.
Speaker 3: That's hard to be. I think I'll actually take the bagpipes over that.
Speaker 4: Maybe they should joint up together. What t from the days he cranking up?
Speaker 5: That He normally does it around six pm after he gets home from school, but he can go deep into the night.
Speaker 3: Normally cuts off about ten.
Speaker 4: You ever had a noisy neighbor?
Speaker 3: Pat just when he puts his bin out at eleven o'clock. Everything, it's Thursday, he'll do it tonight. I'll set my clock onto it. He'll put his bin out at eleven.
Speaker 2: Make it's very a mild, right, it's all right if you had a noisy neighbor.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, I have a noisy neighbor, and I have been the noisy labor one apartment on my floor.
Speaker 2: Some guy in there practice of the tuba.
Speaker 3: A big old base, the tuber.
Speaker 2: It's such a deep guttural sound, isn't it the tuba? How would we make the sound of a tuber? Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that that big?
Speaker 2: Imagine that practicing that you can hear all the way down the hallway. Then I was a noisy one, Christian. I left the window open and a blind was knocking against it. I got a phone call through the landlord. A neighborhood called the that my neghb would called the landlord because the blind was knocking against the window frame and disturbing a neighbor next door.
Speaker 3: And you got tuba guy down the hall. I would love it as the tuba guy who put in nick complaint.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 2: I know Jack sent about this guy. Now the pipe mister piper in the park. If you're in Brunswick, there is a piper who practices at least three times a week in Clifton Park. Uses the stage there, which is like a music bowl, so it travels. Christian, trust me tell Jack outside. It is better than practicing indoors. My dad used to have bagpipes used to practice in the garage. The noise was even worse in there, all right, nine four one four one oh four to three.
Speaker 4: Nicole, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning Christian, Pat and Jack, my neighbor is now known as mister commodore redhead.
Speaker 4: Oh no, what time did you start reving up the old Beast?
Speaker 6: Well, my partner and I look at each other and go here we go, and usually starts around ten go to eleven thirty on a.
Speaker 2: Weekday and then he starts, and then.
Speaker 6: The owner across the road he's got another commodore. He starts, so they close.
Speaker 2: In a band together, Jamjam, they get it on.
Speaker 6: And I moved to the country. I moved to regional Victoria for peace and quiet and.
Speaker 4: Quiet, I can assure you just escape mister Redhead and his commodorees.
Speaker 6: Well, no, mister Redhead moved in a year and a half ago, so.
Speaker 2: Didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Oh that's awful, Nicole, thank you very much to give us a caol. Have a good day. Let's go to Niki. Hello Nikki, So who have you got? Who is your noisy neighbor?
Speaker 6: Well, I know that this doesn't necessarily sound like it's going to be a true story, but it really is. I genuinely promise. We have got a gentleman. We live in an apartment and we've got a gentleman that lives across the way. And he is the loudest person I've ever heard past wind. He lives alone, and sometimes we can be in our apartment we can hear him and then he does a little giggle afterwards. I am I am dead set serious. My daughter and I have taken to calling him mister Gassy. I don't know if he knows we know, but when we see him in the streets or in the common area, he's very sheepish.
Speaker 4: He knows, he must know.
Speaker 6: It is the loudest. I hate the F words, so I won't use that, but he is the loudest person passing wind. I don't know what his diet contains.
Speaker 4: It must be serious if there's that much that noisy.
Speaker 6: Apartment. These walls are solid.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not a new one of those flimsy ones.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, old school built in the like thirties forties.
Speaker 1: Sold solid.
Speaker 6: Yep. And it's not a shed corridor. It's actually I've got a door. There's like a.
Speaker 1: Terrace.
Speaker 6: And then he is placed. It is so interesting, and then he has.
Speaker 4: Old sort of rippers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he really gets into it, leaning into it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: Oh big time. Because you think he's alone. I think it's a little giggle.
Speaker 4: I don't know, giggle.
Speaker 6: Well, my daughter and I have to stifle our giggles because it's just like if he hears up back, then that's even worse. Yeah, mister Gassi.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast