Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, Hi girls, Hello everybody.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday Mitch and Laura, or should I say happy birthday Mitch.
Speaker 3: Go Just so everyone knows, I pressed the buttons on this show, so I just had to play my own birthday.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for you to hit some sort of birth I was wondering what you had ce put it that way, but also this is the day that we've all been waiting for for the past No, we've been waiting for it because and there was no way that we were ever going to forget. Not that we would because we love you, but we didn't have a chance of forgetting because we have been reminded every single show now.
Speaker 4: We absolutely would have forgotten.
Speaker 1: If Misch didn remind us all of last week, you absolutely would not have known it was Mitch's birth Can I say.
Speaker 3: Laura sent a message, but it wasn't happy birthday, darling, best friend, love you. It was mitch birthday tomorrow, and I swear she meant to type it into reminders, but she accidentally said I.
Speaker 2: Was reminding you because I hadn't heard from you all weekends. So I was like, wow, that's you know, it.
Speaker 4: Hasn't gone past me. Don't worry. I'm ready for Monday. I'm prept and ready. How has it been so far? What presence? Did you get?
Speaker 3: An espresso machine from my family and a caffeinated boy I had?
Speaker 4: This was for them keep in your bedroom.
Speaker 3: That was a big debate. Now it's in the kitchen. But mom and dad said, you know, we we'll keep this when you move out, like it's a gift to you. Then when you keep it away, that's not how that works.
Speaker 4: That's not a gift.
Speaker 2: No, how does it feel in your last year in your twenties?
Speaker 3: I bring that up? That's that's sad.
Speaker 2: You're forging headfirst into your thirties.
Speaker 1: It's not sad, bitch, like life begins at thirty.
Speaker 4: Everyone says that I made that quote up.
Speaker 1: Laura and I only went on a Bachelor at thirty. Think of how long ago that was. We were thirty when we started that, like new adventure.
Speaker 3: Really, that's actually a good perspective, not to.
Speaker 4: Make your birthday about me. But yeah, so.
Speaker 3: I might go on mass next year and then at all. But I already got a radio show. How does that work? I've already got one.
Speaker 4: A few more Instagram followers though we're always gargan for those.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys though it's a thanks that backheaded. Wow, so we got to do the present at the end of the show. That what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, it's coming. It's arriving on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting you one because you didn't get me one. So that's of course, happy birthday.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 4: We did your day to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Well. Next, we're talking about all my favorite things, Katie Perry and MoU Dang, the famous pygmy hippo. Oh this is so are you guys across Mudang.
Speaker 4: Dang has taken the Internet by storm.
Speaker 3: Moodang more followers than Katy Perry, which is more follows than you. Yeah yeah, well yeah yeah that's sa can ask Moodang for some two famous hips. We're talking about that. Coming up they pick up put down. I'm talking about myself.
Speaker 4: You just got Katie Perrier. How please play on mit MoU Dang?
Speaker 3: Next, pickup put Down. Welcome to a Monday Midstree Birthday special, you idiot.
Speaker 2: Today is a real celebration and the reason for that is because it's Mistrue's birthday. Also because we're doing what we do every.
Speaker 3: Monday Oh my god. Yeah, well giving me a gift.
Speaker 4: Now the pickup put down?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're doing this. Everybody welcome, pick up down. Yeah. I'm going to bring the girls a topic that the internet the world are talking about over the weekend. And then you need to decide Britain, Laura, if we keep talking about it into the week or we put it down and never speak on it again.
Speaker 4: What have you got for us today?
Speaker 3: Mitch Big One's Katie Perry's performance at the AFL Grand Final over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Pick up from what I saw? Oh I didn't. Okay, is it controversial to say I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: I watched little snippets on social media, but I didn't see I missed her performance.
Speaker 4: I was running around at kid bedtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a bit of criticism about a song choice and that it felt too the stadium felt too big for the performance. She was swallowed by the arena.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think it's very challenging being a woman and doing that job because like, technically, there's a lot more men in the audience than there are women. I'm not saying that women don't love football, of course they do, but I think that it's quite hard being a female on stage doing that performance, there's always backlash, even tones and I who we all love. She got up on social media and was saying, oh, once again, you know, a female performing and the criticism comes flooding in.
Speaker 4: Enough of it. I love so much that she had.
Speaker 1: Part of her performance was like one hundred people that had these big silver inflatbleed doughnut things and there was one person that didn't. They were dancing with it, ones deflated. Watching them try and run around. The highlight reel of the doughnut that wasn't inflated is hilarious and it was giving Left Shark remember a.
Speaker 3: Couple of years ago that her Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: It was the same song, exactly the same thing. It is the modern day Left.
Speaker 3: Had her team. Yeah, I think her team.
Speaker 4: Phenomenon Mara I missed it completely trending.
Speaker 3: Producer Grace was soggy. Balloon didn't trend tread.
Speaker 2: I like the perseverance though of the person who's got the flaccid balloon that's running around like you was just I think you'd run off, wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: You'd be like because then people would watch because it's the biggest stadium in Australia you'd watch this flaccert silver condom run from the center of the stage right and all.
Speaker 1: It made it so heavy the poor person was like carrying it was like carrying a weighted vest trying to run around a kippo.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, all right, Moving on, Moving on, Pick up, put down Moodang and the rise of the famous animal.
Speaker 4: Pick it up.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard of Mudang. Moudang is a beautiful pygmy hippo. Is it a pigmy hipper who likes to chomp on the water coming out of a hose and just runs around being joyful and full of glee. And it is the cutest thing that's ever taken the Internet by storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Britt, you love Mudang.
Speaker 4: I don't know a person out there that couldn't love Mudang.
Speaker 2: Although controversial, Moodang also has an older sister and an older brother who they're not getting as much Hoodang.
Speaker 4: They're not getting as much at time. And they're so cute too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spread the love out. Are they in China? I believe they're in China. Two and they're in Thailand. They're in Thailand and they are gorgeous, and the Internet loved them because Mudang doesn't have a filter. Mudang speaks her mind and Mudang is a her. We need to get Moodang's pronouns correct.
Speaker 4: Do we need to get mudangs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people are calling Mudang he and mood is a young, empowered, young pigmy woman.
Speaker 4: She's not a woman, she's an elpha. She's a hippopotamus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she also doesn't know what people are saying because she's a hippo.
Speaker 4: Well look, Moodang is really a sensation. I love her very much.
Speaker 3: I just did some research for the first time in our career and there are actually many famous animals. Number one Pesto, the giant emperor penguin in Melbourne. Katie Perry herself visited him this weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, the cutest thing you've ever seen, guys.
Speaker 2: I just went to the reptile Park on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Very exciting.
Speaker 2: There's a really famous crocodile there called Elvis the crocodile. I feel like Elvis needs to go viral. Very cranky. Apparently he's Australia's crankiest crocodile. But he's humongous. And now I have a real phobia of crocodiles.
Speaker 3: Dolly the sheep, who's Dolly?
Speaker 4: Dolly was the clone sheep? Wasn't she the first sheep to ever be cloned?
Speaker 3: You're right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or what about Jonathan? The world's older slaving animal is a tortoise and he's also gay.
Speaker 4: I think he's like a hundred Yeah, No.
Speaker 3: He's one hundred and forty.
Speaker 2: I think, why do you know that much? And how does one know that a turtle's gay?
Speaker 4: The same sex?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he told us his mate for life. It also takes about a month to actually keep going. But he mates with only men.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I've never real animal more in my life.
Speaker 4: Just really slow moving my birthday, Yeah, really and really slow.
Speaker 3: Oh you got to laugh.
Speaker 2: Well, look, speaking of animals and reptile parks, that was my weekend.
Speaker 4: I did go to a reptile park.
Speaker 2: And I think, as a parent, you always worry about how you're going to mess up your own children and traumatize them and create like long stemming issues that you're going to have to pay.
Speaker 4: For their therapy.
Speaker 2: You don't really think about how you might do that to someone else's child.
Speaker 4: That's what happened to me this week.
Speaker 3: Self awareness that it's best, all right, that's next, other.
Speaker 4: Pick up guys.
Speaker 2: I had such a great weekend, like truly one for the agents.
Speaker 4: I love that for you, thank you for leting.
Speaker 3: You know with the radio show. Sometimes you plan things out and you come with ideas and.
Speaker 2: No I went to Okay, well it wasn't idea. I went to a reptile park this weekend, and do you know why it was so good? I know kids like reptile parks, but I think it's like underrated for adults. I love a reptile park. I'm so interested in the facts about animals. I love how excited my kids get when we get there.
Speaker 4: I like snakes, I like lizards like I had a hell of a time.
Speaker 2: And Marley May, my five year old, she loves it too, Like she will run up to if there's a person there, like one of the park.
Speaker 4: Was to call them a park guard.
Speaker 2: They called a pack of park ranging char and they have a python.
Speaker 4: Keeper zoo keeper. Thank you God. I feel like I was playing a game of charades just there.
Speaker 2: Mary will run up, she will hold the snake, she'll wrap it around her like she is so she's such a little animal lover and she loves animal facts as well, and so I just assume that other kids are the same as my kids, Like I forget that other kids get scared of things, because my little Marley, she's so brave, like weirdly brave. Anyway, we're walking through the bar, we're walking through the park, and this is not just a reptile park.
Speaker 4: There's other animals there.
Speaker 2: It's like a kind of like an Australiana zoo, right, And there's this one enclosure that has the cassuary bird.
Speaker 3: I think it's Cassowary is.
Speaker 4: Saying Cashuary the whole day, and I just let it go. But it's cassery wary.
Speaker 2: Of the cashews. It's a cassuary casar Cassowary. Okay, let's not get hung up on matuary. So we were there at the cashuary and this big bird comes out of the bushes and the closure is enclosure is quite overgrown, like all the other enclosures are really well maintained and beautiful, and this one it was quite bushy.
Speaker 4: You couldn't see in as well.
Speaker 2: But then all of a sudden, this big bird comes out through a little clearing in the bushes and I'm there with Marley and Lola, and we're also there with two of our friend's children, so Oscar and Macy there they're quite little as well. And this bird comes out and all the kids are fascinated, and I was like, look, guys, that's a casshuary.
Speaker 3: Well, god, your kids are illiterate. Now that's a cassuary.
Speaker 2: I was like, did you know that they're actually really dangerous. That's a really dangerous bird. They can kill people, they can disembeal you. I didn't say the word disinmbel. I thought that might be a bit much for a five year old, but too much.
Speaker 4: I'm kill people.
Speaker 2: So you know, we don't we don't go near too close to this enclosure.
Speaker 4: I you know, it's fine. There's a big distance between it.
Speaker 2: And I kind of explained a little bit about the bird and how they had big talons.
Speaker 4: So off we go. We'd had a lovely day of the zoo.
Speaker 2: We all go home, like, I didn't think anything more of it, Like, and we're all staying together, this other family and us, we're all staying in the house together. We had a little weekend away. So the next morning we get up and I'm in the kitchen making breakfast, and then April and Ash, who are the parents of Oscar, they come upstairs and.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, hey, guys, like, how did you sleep last night?
Speaker 2: And they look at me and they go, well, we didn't sleep last night because Oscar is afraid that a cassuary is going to come into the bedroom and kill him.
Speaker 4: I created a deep.
Speaker 2: Fear in this little four year old that he's going to be disinmbowed cassuary.
Speaker 4: And here I was just thinking, I was spitting facts. It is fair.
Speaker 1: It's like a bird that comes out and you're like, don't go close, it will kill you.
Speaker 4: The kids fall. Yeah, I didn't think that through. You often think about how.
Speaker 2: You're going to traumatize your own children in this life, but you don't think about how you're traumatizing other people's children.
Speaker 3: But my favorite thing is how hardened on your kids are. They're like two sailors at a pub. They've just they've just done a forty mile trek across the Atlantic Ocean. They sit there drinking guinness and stuff. The other kids are crying, eating their chicken nuggets. Your kids are just there. Ate my first.
Speaker 1: Casuty, where these cactuaries are capable of.
Speaker 3: Have been disted minute done before. You're sorry, we're all illiterate on this show.
Speaker 4: No I'm not.
Speaker 3: Don't you group me? All right? Be careful, Okay, you're you're a powerful person in influence.
Speaker 4: I am that parent. I looked over.
Speaker 2: I was pattern of kangaro At one point I looked over and Mary May was trying to climb over into the enclosure with the turtle.
Speaker 4: No, the tortoise.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't like that, miss, Oh yes, I would have loved it. Did you say chorten?
Speaker 1: All right, I want to change the tone here. I want to talk about something that is setting the internet alight. Margot Robbie inadvertently has caused a bit of a storm online.
Speaker 4: It's made a lot of people angry, including myself. You're talk about it.
Speaker 3: I've saying that all right. Next on the pickup Monday afternoon with the Goals and me.
Speaker 4: It's been Mitch's birthday all day.
Speaker 3: Thanks for bringing it up. It's my birthday. Send me a DM.
Speaker 1: Hey, I want to talk to you about online trolls, not the trolls that are trolling Mitch for his birthday.
Speaker 4: Like, let's not talk about those. Margo Robbie a couple.
Speaker 1: Of months ago, we saw her off the back of Barbie. She was touched as the most beautiful woman on the world, like people were singing her praises. There was a lot of kickoff when people started to assume that she was pregnant because she never announced it, but she had like this tiny little belly that could have been a big passer or could have been a baby, and.
Speaker 2: They were all pat photos at the time that was coming out. Wasn't like she'd announced her pregnancy. There was just like, is that a pregnancy bum?
Speaker 3: Was that awkward size? Bloating a child?
Speaker 1: So now there's this same conversation happening around Margot's body. I don't think she's actually confirmed she's heavily pregnant, Like it's there is no denying she's heavily pregnant.
Speaker 4: Again, she hasn't put any photos out.
Speaker 1: The paparazzi photos have come out of her with her husband on holiday in a bikini living her best life is the best.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've seen them. I saw the articles as well, and.
Speaker 4: She looks stunning.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the conversation that has been happening online about her body is absolutely disgusting. So there's an influencer, Alex Light, who has sort of done a story on this herself which has gone viral. I just want to play you some of it because she talks about what men are saying.
Speaker 4: Margo blobby her husband for messing that up. She was a nine before and now a solid five.
Speaker 1: Body is clearly destroyed, but the beauty of life is on parallels.
Speaker 3: That comment gave me whiplash.
Speaker 4: She's got the why pregnancy knows now definitely over For Harley Quinn, I would never let my girl get that big when she gets pregnant.
Speaker 2: Got to never let my girl get that big when she's pregnant.
Speaker 3: Like you get to say, willing to place a bit that they don't have a girl, yeah girl.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean it should go without saying, but unfortunately it should be said. There should be one time in a woman's life at least where all bets are off when it comes to making any comments around their body. But unfortunately, during pregnancy it seems like it's the one time where people feel like it's almost an allowance to make comments, whether it's oh my god, you're so small for being pregnant, or or like wow, like are you sure you're got twins in there, Like people always comment on pregnant women's bodies, whether it's trying to be positive or very very negative as in this case. And it's like, so much happens to your body when you're pregnant that you just can't control. You can't control the way it gain, you can't control your nose getting wider. You can't control the Varka's veins or the malasma or all these other things. And I think like people already feel self conscious enough to have to read comments like that about yourself.
Speaker 4: It's just so discussed.
Speaker 3: When you had babies, because she would be the public eye.
Speaker 4: I had the opposite.
Speaker 2: And now this is not to me be like, oh, I was so small when I was pregnant. I had quite a small baby bump with Marley, especially at the start, and a lot of people would say to me, oh, wow, you're so small, Like god, you can barely tell that you're pregnant. And that bred such a deep insecurity in me because I got pregnant with Maley off the back of a miscarriage, and so she was sizing small, like a month smaller than what was like normal range, and so they were keeping close eye from it, so I really had it in my head that I was going to have another miscarriage. So every time someone would say that to me, especially other women who had had babies, how little I was, it really made me so fearful that something was wrong. So I just think, even if it's meant to be kind commentary, we don't need to comment on women's bodies during pregnancy at all, And this is certainly anything but kind commentary.
Speaker 4: But it's just doubling down on how much women can't win at any point of their life, in any capacity.
Speaker 1: If we age gracefully, all of a sudden, we're old and ugly and where it had been. But if we get work done to maintain the youth that everyone wants, all of a sudden, we're trying too hard and we're overdone.
Speaker 4: You look weird. If you carry your baby all of a sudden, you're ruined.
Speaker 1: But if you don't carry your baby and you need to adopt, you have a surrogate, you're lazy and selfish. If you don't have kids at all, then what are you contributing to society? Crazy, crazy cat lady. There is absolutely no way, at any time of life anymore that we can win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it just really does show that there are people out there who have the most revolting perspectives and opinions on women's bodies.
Speaker 4: And look at us. Look glorious, she looks. Just shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, angry Mitch, you can finish the show.
Speaker 4: But to every other troll out there, shut up.
Speaker 3: Good good advice. All right, we are done, just leaving room for the present if you want to give it to me now it's coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, happy birthday, Mitch. Your present is our presence.
Speaker 3: Oh gorgeous.
Speaker 4: We're here for you. You didn't actually tell us what did you get today? What did your boyfriend Stephen give you?
Speaker 3: I You've got me some jewely and we went and got a love steak dinner.
Speaker 4: You got your in jwely he brought from training. Mate wasn't unfortunately wasn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't message you about it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, look, guys, let's get out of here. What are you gonna be driving your arms?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to borrow every wrong.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, Hey you guys,