Speaker 1: Flex and Firms. We are in luck Flex.
Speaker 2: We are in luck because it's not every day we talk to legends outside of ourselves. It's not every day, but today is the day. It's a big day.
Speaker 1: We're with Kayelannie.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hi, how are you are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: I love this gentle reception. I'm going to request to bring it up three four notches. Okay, we're not just with kie Lannie. We're with Kaye Lannie.
Speaker 4: To talk to two.
Speaker 2: We're really good and we're very excited that you're here.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for having me. It means a lot.
Speaker 2: Anytime you just put in the calendar your people talk to my people. We will be there. But you know, back to what's important. Brand new album out today. Bluewater Road dropped in Tourist season five days after your birthday. How does it feel?
Speaker 3: It feels so good.
Speaker 5: I'm just I've been sitting on it for so long, and there was we made the project so quickly and then we were just like, wait, we can't yet. So just that it's finally going to be out and it's not just us listening to it in the car, it's going to be great.
Speaker 2: How did you know it was done?
Speaker 3: I mean, it really just came out like throw up. I don't know. That's the horrible analogy.
Speaker 5: We made what was the act, all the songs of the actual album in two months, and we like just were fine tuning it for a while, and then my producer took it for a while and like freaked it and made it all crazy, and then we and then you know, went into the hands of label, and label was like pushing it, pushing it, pushing it back, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, And so how was it? How long was it? Sorry, from the first song the inception to the release date.
Speaker 5: It was last September. So it was last like middle of September.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's quick.
Speaker 2: People are sitting on tracks for years, decades.
Speaker 3: Wait, it wasn't last September. It was it was the September before.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go. That sounds yay yay yea yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. I'm like, I'm like, wait, that wasn't that long ago. No, it was this September before that.
Speaker 2: But about the album, you've described it as an emotional, sexual, and spiritual journey, those very visceral words. What else can you tell us, did Kaylan you discover like that or did we we did it. Did I not say that?
Speaker 1: I thought you said, Kaylin.
Speaker 2: Let me let me be your pr manager. You said this, but tell us more about it. What are your favorite tracks? What's exciting you? What can you not wait for us to hear?
Speaker 5: I mean, what I'm excited about is that it's my first album since coming out, And that's really cool because this is like the first like fully self actualized, like love song filled album that I have put out. And I think that it speaks volumes when you're listening to it, because the love songs are really healthy and beautiful and really you know, vast and my some of my favorite songs are like melt everything tangerine, just like the really gorgeous ones. And yeah, I'm just excited that people get to hear the baby I've been sitting on for a long time.
Speaker 2: So I love these descriptors. I know you've got you vomited out the album. It's the baby you've been sitting on. Okay, I thought.
Speaker 3: About that after I said it.
Speaker 2: I was like, put that in print. Let's play a game. I feel like we've got time for that. What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: I love games, something something that we do on flex and firms is called the six the Cheeky six. The cheeky six were we're gonna ask you six questions. It's quite rapid fire, and you just tell us what is on the top of your mind.
Speaker 2: Don't think too hard to be honest. It's fresh, fun, fit, fab and flooty.
Speaker 1: Okay, right off the bat. What did you have for breakfast?
Speaker 3: A panini?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: Anything inside.
Speaker 5: A turkey panini and an iced coffee, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a combination. And have that for lunch, all right.
Speaker 2: Second, the most important one to me, I'll let you do that. On do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I believe in aliens. I just don't think they look like what we think they look like.
Speaker 1: Period. Are you thinking?
Speaker 5: I think like, oh, those and those those fish that be all the way at the bottom of the ocean are aliens, like the freaky ones that like change colors like cuddlefish.
Speaker 2: And yes, the deep sea fisherman whatever he's pulling out of the trenches, one that low aliens.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it came from space down to the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 3: Why not throwing No space is the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 2: Let me not get into it. I'll get right up alien.
Speaker 1: I'm an alien to so I'm trying to poke holes. What animal it's because I am an alien.
Speaker 2: That's what an alien.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 2: Let's not jump into it for too long, but give me ten seconds to plead my case. I think that, for all we know, humans are the real aliens, and there's some conspiracy and some propaganda that's throwing us off our own trail, and that's all I'm gonna say. I'm gonna leave it at back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't think that they're green with big heads and they're gooey and they come in flying sockles like, I just don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I want to believe that.
Speaker 4: So what animal would you most identify with on the Earth earth side, on.
Speaker 3: The whole Earth?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Probably like a sloth?
Speaker 1: Oh true?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I'm like a really cozy person. I don't move slow though. It is the funny part. I think slass are really misunderstood. I think they can probably do a lot of things. They're just really underestimated, And like, I think they move slow when people are watching, But I feel like slots probably get down when nobody's looking. I also, at the same time, feel like I'm probably mixed with some other type of animal, because I also, at the same time move really fast, like I'm the most impulsive person that I've ever met in my life ever, Like all of my friends will tell you that. So maybe mixed with something that's also extremely fast, like a fox or something. I don't even know if a fucking fox is fast.
Speaker 2: I don't even loft fox hybrid. This that makes sense. Vicious, those nails, they mean business.
Speaker 3: But like you see what I'm saying. You see how we just judge them for their nails with their dumb buddies.
Speaker 2: This is true. Okay, no more slufs propaganda. I'm so sorry to the slough community. I took a tip fog. All right, We've got three more questions. Would you rather be the first or last to know about a zombie apocalypse?
Speaker 3: Oh? My god, the last?
Speaker 2: You know what? Keep it. Let's keep it going because there's only one correct answer and the last.
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What is the pet pave of yours? I want to get to know you.
Speaker 5: Oh, I really hate when people are mean to waiters. Oh yeah, I like, deeply, deeply have a thing when people are mean to anybody. Who is in some type of service, because like, it's not like those people woke up and was dying to be a waiter in the first place. You know, people are mean to waiters or like uber drivers are like people waiting at doors for places, like any of those people Like just it's I will literally if on a date, I will never talk to you again. I will get up and I will leave. Literally will never talk to you again. If we're friends, I will literally have to take space from you. Like It's one of those things that I do not tolerate at all, Like I hate that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done that? Have you ever a candidate because of that?
Speaker 5: Well, I definitely stopped talking to a girl because of that. Yeah, she was like she uber. She plus the uber driver out and told him, like you need to learn how to speaking English. And I was like, you know what, we have nothing in common, like we have no reason, we have no reasons.
Speaker 3: We're just really not the same person. I would never do that.
Speaker 5: And I was like apologizing and tipping the guy with cash. I was like, I don't know what she's talking about. I'm really sorry, Like evil.
Speaker 2: From that's it? Something was something can overcome her for sure, we'll a whole space for her. All right, one more question for me? You got it all right?
Speaker 4: What you might you might need to get your phone out for this or your laptop if it's me.
Speaker 1: Or guess or guess yeah? True? What was your last Google search?
Speaker 3: Let me get my phone. I feel like it was.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's not that funny. I feel like it's probably really useful.
Speaker 3: Well, my assistant just looked at how to update your emojis, but you got to do that.
Speaker 2: There are so many good ones.
Speaker 1: Cut out emoji?
Speaker 3: H dang? How do I? How do I even find my Google searches?
Speaker 2: I asked the same question last tab.
Speaker 1: What's on the last time?
Speaker 3: Oh Indian food near me?
Speaker 2: Did you find something good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's your order?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: I get chicken korma.
Speaker 5: And China masala and yeah, that good stuff?
Speaker 2: The classics? You know, we know so much about you now what your order is? Do you believe in Aliens? And of course the best album ever dropped tourist season period. Thank you so much for being with us. We really appreciate it, and come back whenever you want. We have so much time for you.
Speaker 3: Australia on my list for tours so I'll see you guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, Bye bye, Kailanie. Cheers. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast For more, tune Indicata on DAB. We'll check it out right here on iHeartRadio