Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Why did you have to cry out for help? And you didn't see the sign? You didn't read the sign? Nine four one one oh four three. Good morning, Karen, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, hey guys, Christian, Jack and Pat.
Speaker 1: And why did you have to cry it for help? Karen?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, this was a fewyears back, in my early twenties. I just started riding a motorbike and we lived in a canhouse complex and I'd ridden the bike home and managed to squeeze it in next to the car and the wall of the garage. And I'm not a big girl, a little over five foot, not much to me, and I don't know if you've ever sat on a motorbike, but those things are quite heavy. And it tipped a little bit too far to the right and caught me, pinned me up against the wall of the garage and I couldn't move it. It was too heavy.
Speaker 4: I was stuck.
Speaker 3: There for maybe about ten minutes, calling out. Thankfully my partner was home. He was at the back of that unit. But I was well and truly stuck behind the motorbike with my leg pinned.
Speaker 4: I could not could not get out it was too heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is when you've got there's no other viable option other than to call out and cry out for help.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was back before everybody had a phone in their pocket, so I wasn't about to be able to ring anybody, and being off the street certainly wasn't going to be anybody walking past. If he hadn't been home, I would have been there until I don't know he got home from work.
Speaker 5: I suppose.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's awful. Just the embarrassment as well. And what was his reaction when he saw you laughter?
Speaker 6: Oh he thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Karen, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I love riding the bike, but those things are heavy and they get away and you pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially be a penned like that one. Karen, Thank you very much, Evil Canegal for your call.
Speaker 5: Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 1: Let's get to Maria.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Come morning Maria, Good morning christ and here you going. I'm good Maria. So what happened to you? What's your story crying out for help?
Speaker 7: Okay, about ten years ago, was a bit of a chunky woman and took myself on a holiday to Bali.
Speaker 4: And I was going on to do a parastling and the guys were holding up these flapper things. One's green, one's red, and they're telling me, you know that when you see the green, you run, and well I didn't. I ran when it was red, and I was dragged along the beam.
Speaker 6: One of those old fashion.
Speaker 1: Like knocking over families, like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, calling your house.
Speaker 1: Oh those stories states there like scars, aren't they? They stay with you forever.
Speaker 7: I'll never do that again.
Speaker 1: Painful. Let learn. That's Maria. Thank you very much for sharing that with us, mate.
Speaker 4: Thank you take having wonderful day and you thank.
Speaker 1: You very much. She was great. Alex, good morning, Good morning Christian, Good morning Alex. And what happened to you? Mate?
Speaker 8: I didn't read the signed in German, a bit like Patsy's story. We were young kids, teenagers went on a school trip to Germany, and this is before the wall went down, so East Germany was on the on the books, and we visited three cities and when we were in Weine mar one of my mates decided to bring a footy on the trip, as you do, being an Osie kid, and we went around kicking the footballer in a park and didn't read that you weren't allowed to play games there, and that led to four police cars dogs and the cops over there have machine guns and let's just say we weren't playing foot you very well.
Speaker 1: At that time. Happy, well, they like machine gun in the shriff.
Speaker 8: We were likely to walk away with a football and lucky our teacher wasn't too far to explain that we went very good at German obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a terrifying story.
Speaker 8: Actually, yeah, let's just say put it down for on the rest of the day. But thankfully, but what a school trip, right exactly? You got stories from it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right then, Alex, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: You cool, Thanks guys, thanks for a great show.
Speaker 2: Oh pleasure, thank you very much. A great story. Nine four one one O four three. Why did you have to cry it for help and you didn't see the signs?
Speaker 8: Cal Brighter, you're listening to the Christian Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You're on form this morning.
Speaker 2: Amazing stories about why you had to cry out for help and also when you didn't see or read the signs.
Speaker 1: Since early on this.
Speaker 2: Morning it felt like there's a theme also underneath, and some sort of shows are like this where there's like another thing happening underneath it. Germany keeps coming up. We feel that not intentional, but it just feels like it's a running mate on today's show. It's the good old country of Germany. Let's go to Fiona here. Good morning, Fiona, morning Christian.
Speaker 1: All right, Fiona, So you didn't read the sign? What will happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I didn't read the sign. In Germany, I was backpacking. I was about twenty years old, and I went to the Science Museum in Berlin. I'm a scientist now, I've always just loved sign wow. And they had exhibits there, little models and figures and moving parts and levers and buttons, and there was a big sign sort of you know, up tool attentions. Don't touch the displays, please do not touch the exhibits. But it was so interesting and I just had to. I just had to touch. And I got such an electric shock that electrified the whole exhibits. So the kids and people like me didn't touch, and it blew my arm back, took my breath away, and then all the guards came and they just smoked. They didn't say anything to me, They just snicked.
Speaker 1: The foreigners electric Germans love it so every exhibit had an electric current running through it. That is incredible.
Speaker 2: And still, despite that curiosity being electrocuted, you still then go on to actually dedicate your life in science.
Speaker 1: As a scientist. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, the rest of us would have gone, I want no more that the science world scares me. You actually went towards the danger. That's incredible, Fiona.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 4: I did not do it again.
Speaker 3: It was fascinating you touched the exhibit again, or you'd become a scientist.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've become a scientist. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What area of science do you work in now?
Speaker 4: Then I work in medical science. So hepatology all about blood.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Well, thank you for what you do, Fionda. Thanks for sharing your short story.
Speaker 1: We love that.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Have a great day and you.
Speaker 1: Butlinda, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Belinda? Now why were you crying out for help? What happened? Belinda?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 9: I had a sawback and a colleague of mine had suggested going home and having an EPSOM salt bath.
Speaker 7: So I did.
Speaker 9: Had the bath was just relaxing. It had gone cold. I'd let the water out that I stayed in the bath, and the combination of letting out the water, me drying and the salt, and I became stuck to the baths. It created a suction.
Speaker 1: Like a kind of barnicle human barnacle.
Speaker 9: So flashing around like a beach wale.
Speaker 7: Called out to.
Speaker 9: My husband help and he just came and put their laughs at me.
Speaker 1: Why who lets out the water? And stayed, I don't understand. I'm out there before the water. It's seriously because it's freezing. It's horrimonial, damp and cold real quickly.
Speaker 9: Well, my back was boor and I never claimed to be normal anyway.
Speaker 1: So it's fire and so winter. Did he have to pull you? We like to pull you up? What did he have to do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 6: And he just stood there, laughed and walked off, and then I called out to him and I said I really do need your.
Speaker 9: Help, and he came back and just stood there and kept laughing at me. So I'm like laughing around.
Speaker 1: And still you're still there.
Speaker 2: Now become Blinda the barn like a local attraction merlady.
Speaker 9: I ended not managing to get myself onto my side and getting up.
Speaker 1: What he still help you?
Speaker 10: This is his husband another year He stood there laughed the whole time dokay.
Speaker 1: Listen, Belinda, thank you very much for sharing your story.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 11: Thanks Christian, that.
Speaker 1: Was Blinda the Barnacle. Everybody what a story. So it feels like someone have a children's book the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Really really funny stories. Thank you so much for sharing them, stories about when you had to cry out for help. And also you didn't notice or read the sign. And it does feel like that there is a private phone in going at the moment about stories to do with Germany, and the show is all the better for that. So much as Germany keep coming up and every other call we're thinking about maybe every two weeks. We just spent a wheel whatever country of the world it lands on to see what are the countries can give us as many stories that Germany has for some reason today, would it only ever be Germany's feature?
Speaker 1: All right, Leanne, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning. How are you, Christian?
Speaker 1: I'm Goodlee, and welcome to the show. So you didn't read the sign?
Speaker 7: Yes, we went on a trip to Malta and heard about this beautiful secluded beach and thought, oh, we'll go and check it out. So have you and I drove down and didn't realize you're not meant to you mental, leave your car up the top because it's extremely steep sort of you know, Cobbley is sort of road, and we didn't realize drove our car down and once you turned down, once you get down, you said, got to turn to the left, and thought, oh no, like everyone's just staring at us, and we were like, we are stuck. We cannot get, we can't.
Speaker 2: Those old European villagers have got the most narrowest of streets, that's what they all have, those tight and tiny, little fit cars.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 7: It was so we we were just dying. And then all these local men, because obviously beautiful people in Malta happy to help out, and they came and helped us try to We had to physically like lift the car to be able to turn.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's amazing. How many times a day are they doing that when it's tourist season?
Speaker 4: The car off laughed.
Speaker 7: Their heads off. They were like, oh, here we go another one.
Speaker 1: How many guys did it take to lift?
Speaker 7: Honestly, there was like probably ten bus you know, young men.
Speaker 1: Are you are you in car? Rick? Sure? Now barried around.
Speaker 7: Yep, And they were like they were saying to me, like, get out of the car because they were worried it was going to tip. So I'm like, oh my god, Like it was just hilarious. So we went back years later and obviously did not make the same astudy and yeah, left the car.
Speaker 1: At the top. I've learned. Yeah, thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you the Peza.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Peter, Yeah, good morning, guys. How are you man? We're good. You didn't read the sign? What happened, Pete?
Speaker 11: Well, I didn't really read the sign very well. We were in France, my daughter and I and staying in an apartment had a lift in it which was fairly small. One this day, she thought I'll take the lift because we've been news in the stairs. And she got in and then I thought I'll jump in too, and I noticed.
Speaker 5: The lift said three adults, so we got in there. But the part I didn't really was it said two hundred kilo limit and I'm.
Speaker 8: One hundred and sixty.
Speaker 5: I was one hundred and sixty kilos and six foot four and combined we were over the weight limit. So the door was locked behind us, and I thought, oh, no problem, and we're over there, over the limit. I'll get out. But yeah, it didn't work that way.
Speaker 1: The door said no, you made your choice. Mate there for a.
Speaker 5: While and we couldn't We couldn't move, we couldn't actually turn around. I had a backpack on, and she went on, I couldn't turn She couldn't do it. So she was facing the wall and I was stuck behind her And what we were there for twenty five minutes and hoping someone would come along.
Speaker 1: And kick panic attacks sounds a nightmare for you both.
Speaker 5: Well, I was more concerned because I needed the pee, so I was getting desperate. So anyway, I thought it was funny at the start. My daughter was panicking, and so of course you blamed me. Oh god, good dad read the sign.
Speaker 2: This is like a two person plane, isn't it. A door turned her down in a really confined space.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was very embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Oh, Pete, thank you very much, your story mate, No worries, Thank you, Squeeze, thank you the squeeze before the Patsy's News Morning.
Speaker 6: Katie, Good morning Christians. My story involves rather painful experience. I tried waxing for the first time and literally glued myself to the floor.
Speaker 2: Well, five minutes goo, we add Belinda the parnicle let the water drain out of a magnesium salt barth and got stuck to the side of it. Now, ladyclude hersself to the floor.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was waxing a more intimate area and put it with the easier to do it on the child floor. Was seeing there, trying to brace myself to work up the courage to rip the wax away, and clearly left it too long and it's solidified and stuck me to the floor.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be rude or anything, but are you facing up or are.
Speaker 6: You thankfully I was facing up night.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I just got just stay in his perish. I'm not I don't want anyone know. I'm not sorry. There's no Triples zero service that can help me. I did have to.
Speaker 6: I did have to brace myself to free yourself myself on the floor, and that was rather excruciating and less some gray. Oh my, wow, what a tale this still laugh about today?
Speaker 1: How many years ago is this?
Speaker 6: Oh would have been at least twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing? And still it's still a painful story.
Speaker 6: Oh, I left that up to the professionals from now.
Speaker 2: From then on, Katie, thank you very much, your story mate, really really great.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell's Show podcast