Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Connel Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I want to hear about your house rules. This might be a house rule you have right now. You might be one of those people that.
Speaker 3: No drinks by the couch.
Speaker 2: No, not after that incident, no drinks by the couch. There might be a house rule now, or might be a house rule mom and dad have for you when you were growing up. I want to hear all about your house rules and also spillages. Wife and I went away for the weekend and just got a late minute deal on Airbnb in Marysville. And it was a lovely little cottage. Right we've got there, and it looked like you sort of mum and Dad's place. It was immaculate, the carpets spotless, the couch looked brand new, nest of occasionals. Everything been polished to a high degree. You know when you're nervous straight and well, oh, can't break anything. These people love this place. Okay, fast forward too that night for my wife and I glass of wine each and I go and we'll watch TV.
Speaker 3: And I go. I'll turn the lights off to make it nice and code just turn the lights. We're not teenagers.
Speaker 2: I'm fumbling in our age. Now that kind of savagery is over, Patsy, we're watching Vikings Valhalla. Oh no, yes, So anyway, I'm stood up pouring the wine because then I'm an English gentleman. Turn the light out. I now can't see it's so dark, right, I don't know where I'm going, but I do know there are two There's an open bottle of wine and two active wine glasses. Sarah goes, turn the light on, Chris, and I go. I lunge forward, and you know what you already know. You just know, don't you, Even though it's too late, I go forward. You I hear this nudge and that rocking sensation, and I know in the dark that's the wine glass.
Speaker 3: Sarah goes the wine. The light goes on.
Speaker 2: As you see my fall, right, the wine glass take out the arm of the couch. Then it hits as it's then going down, it mass to suspash the curtain, and then it empties what's remaining of it onto the floor. There are now three red wine vivid spash zones. It's like a deck start sort of crime scene in there. So I don't know what we're gonna have to pay for damages this week for an hour, we're like trying to scrub it all up.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, that's my spillager story.
Speaker 2: Kaitlyn, producer on the show, has got some amazing house rules, Kaitlyn, please share them.
Speaker 4: So the first one is, I am not allowed water droplets on the floor of the kitchen and if they.
Speaker 2: Do hit and you're amaxim and security facility, we get you for day release.
Speaker 3: Allowed will dry and droplets.
Speaker 4: So water droplets if I wash my hands and go to use the handtower to wipe it up, and this in the.
Speaker 3: Batho or kitchen, where is this?
Speaker 4: This is in the kitchen or anywhere in the house. In fact, this is my partner who is an absolute freak when it comes to cleaning the house.
Speaker 3: That's hardcore, it's wild.
Speaker 4: And I had a conversation with her the other night and I just said, look, this is ridiculous water.
Speaker 2: You don't mess with Caitlin. By the way, this conversation sounds amazed. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall talking about flies.
Speaker 4: Another thing, if a fly gets in the house, we have to herd it out of the house.
Speaker 2: We can't do anything, seriously, honestly, Yeah, once on our honeymoon. A fly got in the room and that was it for the night. She couldn't relax, she said that. I think she released that flying purpose.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're talking about house rules.
Speaker 2: This might have been imposed when you were younger my mom and dad, or there might be your house rules right now and your stories of spinaches. Christian, we were not allowed to talk at the tea table if the news was on. My sister and I would always get the giggles due to the overly tense atmosphere. Yeah, overly tense atmosphere. One of the greatest feelings in the world is an overly tense atmosphere. And trying to suppress giggles. You can't help itself, can you? And you're panicking. Figured, the very worst thing I could do right now is actually have a giggle or laugh, even as I'm figure right now starting get the giggles, Sarah, thank.
Speaker 3: You very much for that. Christian.
Speaker 2: We weren't we weren't allowed to laugh at the dinner table.
Speaker 3: Where are you growing up? Christian?
Speaker 2: You can never have you could only ever have two biscuits, never three. You'd always used to have to say, please might have two biscuits.
Speaker 3: Who are these people's monstrous parents?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: I have two biscuits, daddy, Christian.
Speaker 2: The biggest house rule was every single time at dinner time, they're all around dinner time. I had to eat everything on the plate before the hot chips. You had to leave your hotges for the last ti.
Speaker 3: I'm terrible.
Speaker 2: I always start, my wife goes.
Speaker 3: You used to set a good example of the kids. Start with the greens. I leave those as the tree afterwards.
Speaker 2: Always like a pudding. All right, so let's go to line. It's nine four one four one o four three. Your house rules and stories of spinages this morning, Jamie.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: All right, house rules, Jamie? What is it?
Speaker 6: House rules? Is a musking model? Is shoes off?
Speaker 2: This is a big thing in houses, isn't it? You can literally every household is to find where you are on that argument, whether you believe in shoes have to be taken off when you enter a house. I always ask every home I go into.
Speaker 3: I think it's your right.
Speaker 2: You should always say what do you want to do about shoes? And you can always town. Within a couple, there's either someone who is the upholder or the like, don't worry about it. They don't want to be seen to be a bit square and go Could you take your shoes off please? They get their wife to do it. So which one are you, Jamie? You miss the shoes off?
Speaker 6: I missed the shoes off. So if you come to the front door, I'll kick you out through the four screen on the front door, and then I open up the garage door.
Speaker 3: You like the old bowling area, have you got can I have a ten for these?
Speaker 2: You should put having a load of slippers there and various sizes the bowl with the bowling alley and you can just swap them over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I scope you out through the front poor open the garage door. You come into the garage, tak your shoes off, of the slippers.
Speaker 2: You've got the space station, some sort of chamber, some sort of anty chamber, a decompression chamber for your shoes.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So you get your slippers when you come in. So you come inside obviously, take your shoes off. You get your own personal slippers. You come inside, and then if you need to go outside, you take indoor slippers off, and then I've got a shoe rack for the outdoor slippers only.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is so if I came to your house, you'd give me a pair of slippers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got a pair of slippers. I got a couple of different sizes. You got indoor ones. And then if you go outside, I.
Speaker 2: Find that I find that a bit revolting. I don't put my feet in where one of your mates. I don't know what kind of hide you might have athletes for something like that going on. I put my tender feet in your mates in your third hand slippers, Jamie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no, there's no bare feet in my slippers. So if you haven't got tots and old eploye socks.
Speaker 3: As well, I like footknocker. They've always got those those old, dirty old socks. They're really way for thin, haven't they. You can try on with trainers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's all I'm And.
Speaker 2: How about the outside slippers then, so there's a there's even a sort of rule about going outside.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, So the outside slippers are just the outside ones and cover a couple of knives, and mad at that to my wife. So yeah, they're in the weather and they're not protected.
Speaker 3: So yeah, gotcha, Jamie. This is brilliant. Thank you very much. Cool buddy, thanks for sharing.
Speaker 6: Oh as you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I want to go around now to try the system out, does anyone Jess?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 7: Good morning, guys. How are you all?
Speaker 3: We're good. So, Jess, you've got a story about spinaches.
Speaker 7: No, not about spinaches, but about rules at the.
Speaker 3: House, all right, gotcha?
Speaker 7: So actually I've got two. So, first of all, it's my rule if we cook and food splatters or oil splatters, we have to clean it up straight way. So my my wife usually cooks in the kitchen and I'm usually behind it with a paper towel and spray bottled.
Speaker 3: If you leave it half.
Speaker 7: An hour, it just does my head in.
Speaker 3: My wife's the same, I am, mister.
Speaker 2: I do it later when it's all dried, and it's virtually impossible to get if you need like a chiese exactly. It's other worst where there's like dried pasta and like pasta sauce, you know, by these sort of oven rings, and you cannot you can't just put water on there to tab it. It's dried in permanently, isn't it. If you don't clear up immediately, it tries really quickly.
Speaker 7: That's right, Hey, I've got another one for you guys. Also, my other rule is water droplets on the shower. If we have a shower, we have the squeegeye after to make sure we don't get any of the scum sitting on there and water droplets dried up.
Speaker 2: So if you've got like a windscreen wiper sort of thing in there, one of those squeegy things in the.
Speaker 7: Shower, I've actually got two squeeges, one for the floor for the tiles and one for the shower screen.
Speaker 2: That's hardcore, that is, I mean there are serial killers that don't clean up after them like that is.
Speaker 8: Foughtless.
Speaker 2: Your shower, you soaking getting out of the shower and unite squeezing the floor and the size. It's an intense workout for your cours, like pilates in the shower just around at yours and that's.
Speaker 7: When you don't want anyone to walk in on you when you're beinging.
Speaker 1: Over the Christian O'Connell show podcast, All right, we're taking your calls either about spinachers or your house rules.
Speaker 2: Just thinking to our call. We had a couple of minutes ago from Jamie who you go? You go into Jamie's house via the garage. The garage opens up, he spies you the fly sheet. You go into the garage to take your shoes off. He gives you slippers he's got various sizes, and then you go in the houses. I don't remember another story out about that. My boss, a lot of other radio bosses about ten years ago, got flown from London to Paisley Park to Prince's place right where he was not just going to play back his album, he was going to play it live because he had like an actual kind of theater in his own. I remember saying, it's my boss, why are you going? Shouldn't I think that's the thing that I should go. And it's like it's vital you remain on air, you know, I think his vice and I got a Paisley Were you not even that big a Prince fan?
Speaker 3: He got his house and he's going to go into a cider and play Why can't I?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Prince, you want me surpised to know? This is a very was a very neat freak he had. There were brand new slippers there that you were given like a bowling sort of arcade where you handed his shoes over what size you were and you were giving. You go to hotel, you open up the brand. They were like those brand new seal Sialk slippers, stuff like that. Oh, let's go to William. He's got a story about spillages, William.
Speaker 8: Yes, go and go.
Speaker 2: We're good William. So this happened at work, this story of a spillage.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, six years ago I worked in a textile factory and the qurefied but inexperienced forkliff driver and I was asked to bring down from the pell Rex four drums two hundred liters each of paint.
Speaker 2: You can see this? What do you have that moment you said, qualify but inexperience. What a beautiful combination?
Speaker 8: Absolutely so. Basically I was pulling the pellet off the rack and one of the drums hadn't been put on the wreck properly. It hit the side of the stillage frame and two hundred liters of painter's just gone everywhere.
Speaker 3: And there aren't any tea towels big enough are there to mop up?
Speaker 2: What two hundred liters of paint that is not exactly easily absorbed?
Speaker 8: Is it not at all? Mate?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: And so it took three guys including me because I was the one who drives the Forcliff in the first place. Three hours to clean it up.
Speaker 3: How do you clean up two hundred liters of paint? What do you do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: We well, obviously being a textile factor of wears rags at times, but I.
Speaker 2: Think the curtains.
Speaker 3: Those are the materials, they're not rags. Did you leave this job that day? It still don't work there anymore, William, did you know?
Speaker 8: Definitely not, William. That's one of the things that sort of calls me to leave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, choice, all right, William, Thank you very much for core mate. Take care.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: David.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 3: I am excited to speak to you.
Speaker 2: I think I've met a fellow dishwasher overlord.
Speaker 7: We are.
Speaker 5: We have a very specific way of loading and unloading a dishwasher, and the unloading.
Speaker 6: Parts the good part about it.
Speaker 5: But loading it up, we have to put all our cutlery in the words particular positions so they're all separated so we can pick him up for easy pick up.
Speaker 2: I'm the same, right, don't have many rules, but I'm the same. So David, just so I get it that you do the same as me. So all the knives when you put them in there go in like the knife session. They're together, the forks, the spoons that for when they're dry.
Speaker 3: It's easy. You clutch all the knives straight. The NiFe rule. Mister spoons, come with me, missus fawkes, come with me. It's easier. It's too short to know. It's not put in the cutlery in any way. All you're doing is moving your hand around. One little game. At the end where you're dishwasher.
Speaker 2: You're giving future dishwasher you a gift from the past.
Speaker 5: You're saving you're saving yourself time as well. That's the whole thing about it.
Speaker 3: Life is too short, so don't waste in a chaos.
Speaker 6: Five seconds this big deal.
Speaker 3: You do it every day. That's a minute every week. A minute every week.
Speaker 2: I can be making sweet love to my wife.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want to do with your extra minute week, can I do with that? In case over
Speaker 1: Guys, Christian Connell's Show podcast