Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Fromes. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: You're back with Flexi and Frumiani and we have a very, very exciting guest. We don't have guests on the show that often. It's often because we actually prefer the sound of our own voices.
Speaker 3: It's not even a joke either. I quite like what we're doing here. And every time then Brook will jump in for a bit of added flavor. It's like the Sesshwan chili pepper sess one. You say, I'm the prawn and you're the spring onion. A little salt.
Speaker 1: Pepper, okay, was a little salt and pepper, little salt and pepper. That's it. You're a little Sultan pepper now that.
Speaker 3: I okay, And we've had enough. In good news though, if you ever wanted to talk to a sociopath, a real one, not your ex, we have a whole diagnosed sociopath coming to chat with us. Maybe this will reveal that she's in fact our kin. Maybe not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember really quickly when someone DM do you saying you're a sociopath?
Speaker 1: Yes? That did happen? That really hit different?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: It was a oh it was antisocial personality disorder.
Speaker 1: Let's go and chat to your community.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be calling Kaneka Bathra. She is a confirmed diagnosed sociopath. She takes a lot of pride in it. We're gonna ask her a few questions.
Speaker 3: Hello, Kinika babes, it's flexing fruence. I reckon, We'll get right into It' got a ton of questions for you. First of all, what series of events happens that leads a person to go and get a diagnosis for antisocial personality disorder aka sociopathy?
Speaker 4: So I can only speak for myself at this point, but it would be either a court mandated thing or it would be for a mood disorder like a depression, usually because a lot of us are significantly depressed, and also if a family member seeks it out, so if they want you to go into a couple therapy or whatever to fix out what you're doing personally. I was extremely depressed. So I was given the option of involuntary commitment into a psych ward or a voluntary visit to a psych and I chose the ladder. And when I saw a letter of diagnosis, it said yep, ASPD, MPD and major depressant disorder.
Speaker 1: What are the kind of markers or the symptoms of sociopathy? Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 3: Because I thought people use it or misuse it every day, just say someone's like got a bad vibe.
Speaker 4: So the markers would be essentially a lack of empathy, serious charm, charisma, being able to be superficially glib and grandiose. So we make a lot of false promptives, we make ourselves seem like the best things from the planet. And of course we can use these powers for good or bad, because we can pretty much con most people into believing most things. And people don't understand that there is obviously a mask and when it slips, that's when you see the real person and what the actually looks like.
Speaker 1: Right, And so do you have a mask absolutely?
Speaker 2: Is that something that you had to develop or is that just kind of like has it been no?
Speaker 4: No, no, that I was I guess I do have developer. As a child, I wouldn't say in recent years. As a child, I kind of saw that what I was doing would kind of put people off. So I watched people who were successful and I would essentially just copy them because I knew it will work, work, and so I do have a mask of samity essentially where I can talk about these issues and I can talk about this from you know, a third person's point of view. But if I actually told people my thoughts, I don't think i'd have very many friends.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I was going to say, it's like the way that you're able to elaborate on what your experiences, it's done in such a self aware way. It almost sounds really appealing. But then this is there's also like an awareness of a mask right now in which you have to like, you know, you're doing an interview, so you're giving it to us straight in an appealing way. This is so fascinating. So what made you start making content about it? Though? Because I feel like, you know, it's not enough to like people just don't understand, you know, what's motivating you to let people in on something so intimate.
Speaker 4: Because I've seen so much misinformation spread out across the internet, across television, and I was just like, as somebody with this diagnosis, you are completely wrong, because I saw an interview of someone saying that, so if you've had don't enjoy sex, they cannot form relationships with one another. They cannot experience emotions, and I just wanted to say that this is absolutely patently false. I was like, this is like enough enough. I have decided to actually tell people it's like to live with this because people think that we are all Tad Bundy. Obviously there are shades of gray, and while we may do some bad things, we also do a lot of good things like fill and the breath, which a lot of sociopaths do if they're in a position of power, not because of the welfare of others, but because obviously it does make them look better.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, maybe it's necessary evils, right.
Speaker 1: Or maybe they do it for the tax break.
Speaker 4: That's what I hope. Actually, yeah, some of them do it for a text break. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, I wanted to quickly play a TikTok of yours where you were talking about what it's like to not feel guilt, which I found like extremely illuminating and really awesome to listen to. So we're going to play it now for context and then come back to you.
Speaker 5: I'm a diagnosisiopath and I've never felt guilt, nor do I want to. What's the point of feeling bad about something you've already done? You can't undo it. Guilt is a control mechanism by society. I had a coworker friend in my sales job. He was sick and I offered to help him with the sales leads. I stole his leads, got promoted, and he got fired. It was a good week, not necessarily for him. I bet most of you would feel bad about it for months. Meanwhile, I enjoyed that money on a holiday. I rewarded myself with a nice Pritor bag. I'm sure he'll find another job, just probably not in sales. Imagine what you could do if you didn't feel guilt. Guilt someone's like wasted time to.
Speaker 3: Me when we got to the Imagine what you could do without guilt, I said, I'm.
Speaker 1: In because you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: I think that in a lot of ways, guilt is such it's just such like an ambiguous feelings. What are we doing it for? Where's the better to em to validate themselves for feeling so much guilt? And it's like why get over it?
Speaker 4: And it's especially women. Women are prones a feeling so much guilt for everything that they do, especially women who are you know, mother. They'll put their kids first and they'll feel bad if the kid eats after they do, which my mom does. Actually, my mom feels terrible if I don't eat before she does. She won't eat if I'm not eating. So I feel like a lot of women are put in the position of hating themselves and feeling bad absolutely everything that they do if it does deserve somebody else, and that it's something I needed to speak out on.
Speaker 1: I like the approach you done.
Speaker 2: That is quite a fantastic philanthropic in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your time absolutely, and if we want to find you, where do we go?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I am on Instagram as Pinnica Butcher, I'm on TikTok as ogkniker Butcher, and my YouTube is kinico Butcher.
Speaker 1: Amazing, You've got it all locked down. I like to see that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, See you later, See you later.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Lexenfrum's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune in to Cator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.