Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: If you were listening to us last week, you may have missed me schooling Britain Laura on the Brat summer. The culture that is taking over the world, obviously pioneered by gen Z general.
Speaker 3: Nothing more embarrassing than us trying to learn how to do that dance.
Speaker 1: The little bit dance.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like it's like love heart falling down. It's an app isn't an apple?
Speaker 1: That's not like the apple dance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, good to know that Britt was listening anyway, I did you last week.
Speaker 1: So girls, I believe it's it's your turn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why we brought this back.
Speaker 2: Generational gap Guarde.
Speaker 3: Well, how the tables have turned, Mitch Jury, So being the millennials that Britain I are, Mitch, you you love to hold onto the idea that you're a gen Z and I have a few questions for you, A few terms, a few things US millennials have lived through, we have survived through, and I'm wondering whether you even have any clue what half these things are or whether you've experienced them yourself.
Speaker 1: We don't mean the Cold War, No, that happened. Where are not better? You guys got any humor. This is gonna be dry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is like, like what because they like the skin on my legs, But I was like, no one catches.
Speaker 1: I need to moisturize because I'm old, all right?
Speaker 3: Starting off number one on the list, Mitch Jury, what is napster?
Speaker 1: Napster? Napster? Do you know this, Brittany? I mean, yes, it's a Washington. I knew you were going to say washing detergent? Is it?
Speaker 3: Brittany?
Speaker 1: What is napster? It's like, do you know what LimeWire is? Yeah? Do you download music illegally from and viruses?
Speaker 3: But with it's only if someone else has it, so then you share it with people who have it in their files already.
Speaker 1: Right, No, I've never heard of that. Okay, Well that that's what napster is.
Speaker 3: So if Brittany had a song like on her computer and you had Napster, I could get the songs from her computer. Yeah, So it was like stealing music from each other and also viruses.
Speaker 4: It's almost like the early days of an iclo a cloud, but not because you could only put once. It also got shut down in two thousand and one because it was super illegal and all of the music companies hated.
Speaker 1: It sounds it okay, I don't know what naps. What's a Gregory's. Oh, it's a it's an old man, it is. It is an old man.
Speaker 3: I don't know what gregor what Gregory is. Gregory's is the thing that we used to get from A to B with. Everybody drove around with a Gregory's map in their car because nobody had a GPS. If you had a map in your car, I guarantee you it was a Gregory's.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? You'd have to pull over to the side of the road.
Speaker 3: You'd have to figure out if you had an upside down or sideways, draw your line, look at your streets, look at the longitude and latitude, and then figure out where you're going.
Speaker 1: My dad used to write my maps by hand. I was way older than you.
Speaker 3: But your dad was reading the Gregory's and then he was like simplifying off the.
Speaker 1: Top of his head.
Speaker 4: My dad, when I had to drive from Port mcquarie, my hometown, to Sydney, he would write me on a piece of paper literally every single.
Speaker 1: Turn to where I had to go.
Speaker 4: So I had a pissed paper that said drive about forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Do you see a turn off to the left called this? Wow? The whole way five hours I drove. You know what I had?
Speaker 2: I had map request, which was you was a website. You'd go in and you'd put your A destination, B destination, but then you'd print out the directions. You'd put them on the passenger seat.
Speaker 1: Of the car.
Speaker 3: That's slightly better than a Gregory's. Gregory has just had everything for everywhere all the time. We think, all right, okay, what about taking a camera with you on a night out, like an actual physical camera, whether that was one of those ones that's like the not an insta camera, but the one with film that you take and get developed like a cannon or a digital camera, but then uploading every single photo from that night out into an album on Facebook. Every night I had an album on Facebook Saturday Night Album of drunk photos?
Speaker 1: Was that just a Britain war thing with everyone?
Speaker 2: Everyone go beforems Mitch Messenger, you have my first girlfriend.
Speaker 1: On msn ASL you get home from schooling location, Yeah, you jump onto got shut down like six months into my first use. I was devastating. Yeah, a lot of dark chat rooms going on CUD Penguin. Did you guys have used cud Penguin?
Speaker 3: Never heard of it?
Speaker 1: Never heard of it. Club Penguin took over from MSN. It was the all the young people are like, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cord Penkin was a rough drot. I spoke to some real weird adult penguins on that side.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have well, I mean it kind of links into this a little bit, but this is how I got my first boyfriend. I met him in real life and then I looked him up in the Yellow Pages.
Speaker 1: I looked for Bradley Thomas.
Speaker 3: I looked for Thomas, the only one that was in Oak Flats at the time, and then I called him up on the landline and I said, Hello, does Bradley Thomas live there?
Speaker 1: It's Laura Beurn And that's how I got a boyfriend. It's yellow, the old Thomas. The only because you have to call my five been like his bread there. Sorry to bother you.
Speaker 4: I call it.
Speaker 3: Thomas is a really really common name as well.
Speaker 2: I called like fifteen, oh gen zs don't know, how could they've gone?
Speaker 1: Millennials? Yeah, the boys not as