Speaker 1: This podcast is brought to you by on Track Studio. Welcome to Yanni Up, the podcast that showcases First Nations stories and conversations to help us learn and unlearn Australia's history to work towards a better future. I'm your host, proud barber woman and founder of Black Wattel Coaching and Consulting, Caroline cow. We acknowledge the rundery people and elders where this podcast is taped, but we also acknowledge the lands that you are listening in from today. It always was and always will be unseated aboriginal and tourist Red Islander Land. Well, I I'm so excited for today's show.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for a number of reasons.
Speaker 1: I think, firstly, there's no denying it's a heavy, heavy time, and you know, people in communities are carrying a lot. And I think in between all of what's happening in our lives, we need moments of joy. We need moments of silliness and lightness and easy, breezy kind of spaces. So I'm really excited to bring this individual to your ears today because I know that they always bring the joy. And also maybe selfishly, I'm excited because I know that every time I'm in this person's company, I'm always laughing, I'm always in stitches, and i always walk away feeling good. And so I'm so excited to have my next guest on the show. Kim Me Kimberly love growth, a comedian, a community woman, somebody who is really just doing their bit to make our lives a bit more fun and a bit more joyful. So welcome to the show today, Kim. It's so lovely to see you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I've been waiting for you to like invite me to be on here, so I'm like, Okay, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and wait for that invite, and today is my day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Kim.
Speaker 1: I you know, you and I have been friends for such a long time, and I think it's one of those things sometimes that I guess I'm a bit slack at making sure. But I've got a long list of people, and you know, whoever really.
Speaker 2: Wants to get on and have yar, I'm always open for it.
Speaker 1: But I'm so excited that we're here today to have a yarn because I just have so much admiration for you.
Speaker 2: You are you are just such a deadly, deadly person.
Speaker 1: But before we get into talking about all the things you're doing revolutionizing the comedy space, ultimately is a black sister, I want to start with asking you who's your mom, where are you're from, and a bit about your personal story.
Speaker 3: Sweet So, I am a proud nud and dairy woman from the Lower Murray in South Australia and Krang Lakes, and I am also Romanian. Not a lot of people know that about me, so yeah, trying to bring those two cultures together is always fun. And yeah, my personal journey is it's a very interesting one. And if you've been to like one of my comedy shows, you know that I have. I had a little bit of identity crisis when I first found out I was Aboriginal. I actually thought it was slankin because my mum she didn't tell me who my real father was. And then when I actually found out, I decided to kind of like take it upon myself to learn about my family my culture because I wasn't getting that from my mind. And yes, been I was probably like nine and a half ten years old when I found out, and so yes, it's been a long kind of like journey of learning where my place is in community, not just back home, but also in Melbourne because I grew up. I grew up in Dandenong and then kind of like moved around a lot. So like people say, like a part of the remaining culture is gypsy, so and Gypsies tend to move around a lot, trying to we don't like to stay in one place for too long. And so that's kind of what I grew up on. And so when I finally settled here in Melbourne, I was just like, Okay, this is my home. I'm not going to kind of continue on with that cycle that my mum has tried to pass down onto me. So trying to break down those cycles from my dad. I have like eight siblings from several different women. He was definitely a ladies man, and so I do like, once again, my dad is a major inspiration to my comedy because I just hear all these stories, and I would hear from all these different women how they like that they met my dad, They loved him, loved him very much. I'm like, how much like like closely, how close were you to my father? And are your children my siblings? That is always a worry that I'm just going to I remember when I first started doing comedy and I did a joke about how I have a sibling in every state in territory of Australia, and there were two but brother boys sitting at the front. And when I said, oh, I probably have a sibling in Pertha, like yeah, that's where I work from, I'm like, you're probably my brother. Calm down, have another shot, please, I need to make money.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a huge journey though, I mean, like from not fully knowing parts of your identity and who you were as a child. And I must say earlier this year, one of our sister girls Roxy, they and I were watching one of your comedy shows, Funny Titters.
Speaker 2: It was and you told that story on stage.
Speaker 1: About finding out that you were Aboriginal, and it was this like long elaborate joke with Grandma's and Papa dump seeing your painted the whole scene, and I was literally in stitches. But it kind of it sort of begs this question, Sis, And it's what you do so skillful and so beautifully, And I think it's what you know why comedy is so important, because you know, for black followers, particularly or black female comedians, you know, I think in a way, it's like you have been able to take these really taboo topics like our identity, like our bodies, our sexuality, just our broader experiences as a black woman and black women and showcase that all while like.
Speaker 2: Eliciting all of this laughter and joy.
Speaker 1: And it's like through this medium of comedy that you know, it's it's said in a really skillful way that is positive and cathartic, but it also does still challenge norms and stereotypes and ways that we think we know black fellows. And so yeah, when you were sharing that story on stage about you know, not knowing your identity and you know, learning your aboriginality and that process, you know, it's something that is a really difficult moment in our lives and somehow you've made it into this this joyful thing. And there's parts of you when you're listening to jokes you think, am I meant to laugh at this?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it okay for me to laugh at that? And I want to play a little clip that I have of you on stage to kind of talk to that that notion of tibu neess.
Speaker 4: But I do come from a long line of players, Yes, my dad was the biggest player of them. Oh yeah see, and seminated five women at once. So that's why it's a little bit confusing when people are like, so, how are you related to so and so? Well, the thing is that's my heart, brothers, niece, nephew, sister, girl, uncle boy.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things, yeah that it kind of like sucker punches me, like, oh my god, should I do laughing?
Speaker 3: Eva?
Speaker 1: I want to ask you, just like straight up for that, you know, are there some topics that we shouldn't be laughing at? Are there some things that are sacred and shouldn't make its way onto the comedy stage or for you and for you know, for mob is the point of it making people is uncomfortable and as sort of like yeah, as uncomfortable as possible.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: I'll give an example. I had a comedian perform for me for like for the very first time, and I had no idea, like I had met him at an event previously. I'm like, Okay, I want to give you a shot. You know, you're new to the comedy game. I've seen you on TV a couple of times. To introduce you to kind of our community and how we roll. And so usually when I get comedians to perform at any of my shows, I don't kind of ask them what jokes they're doing. I just give them the freedom to talk. They have ten minutes to do their thing on stage. And this particular comedian did a joke about domestic violence family violence, and I had no idea that that was one of the jokes that he did, And it wasn't until probably within the two weeks after that show. I was getting a lot of feedback from the organizers. They're kind of supporters that went along to the show, people in community, and they were saying, oh, just so you're aware, this joke didn't fly with us. We didn't find it funny. It was actually really disrespectful. And so I had never been in that situation before where I was getting all this negative feedback, and I was like, Okay, how do I handle this where I can reassure my audience community that this won't happen again, that to please come back to a show, but also make sure that the artist was, you know, not feeling that they weren't going to get a gig for me ever again. And so I kind of like just instead of just sing singling out the one person sending a like broad email, just saying okay, these are the topics that have been mentioned to me with the feedback that we've received, Like, no one's like in trouble or anything, no one's going to get sued, but just when you're doing shows for kind of audiences that are marginalized, to just be aware of that. So I do a joke about incest and how in Australia it's legal to marry your cousin, and so that like white followers, there's any white follows listen right now. I know you love a good incest joke I have had. Whenever I do it at black stage or the white follows in the room, they like get they cheer for us, like yeah, yeah, that's us. I'm like, I wouldn't praise that, but yeah, yeah, it's I think with black follows when it comes to storytelling, we can't have a filter. We have to just come out say the truth and not be blunt with it and beat around the bush because that's what white followers do. That's not us, and that's you know why people keep coming back, That's why you know, we have a lot of white follows coming to our olders asking for guidance and kind of support on what's the right way to you know, knowledge country and to give back to our communities and kind of making I always make sure that with my communities because they ask or is there like any topics that you don't want me to talk about? Like, I'm giving you the opportunity to tell the truth in your storytelling and if people you know don't like it or don't agree with it, then we can start to have those conversations. And so that's what congetty comedy is it. We talk about you know, the hard, neitty gritty stuff that people are afraid to talk about. And then after the show, you know, maybe the next day, not after the show, will people are getting drunk, because that's a bad that's a bad idea to have a little feedback sash after a show and just kind of have that conversation and really kind of unpack what that joke was, why that joke was even done or said.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I mean it's fascinating because I mean hearing I guess, you know, in a roundabout way, there are some things that aren't you know, funny, such as domessic bants. Some would argue that incest stokes are also quite triggering as well, depending on your experience. I guess, you know, thinking about like black fellows too, and like you say about that notion of storytelling, some of the things that black fellows experience are so abhorrent, are so racist, are so unfair and cruel. But yet we always do when we're in circle together and there's no white fellows around, or we're sitting around, we are still laughing about it. We still hold onto that humor. It's like thinking about on ABC, the Black Comedy Show, for instance, that ran from like I think it was like twenty fourteen, two thousand and eighteen, and they spoke about like really taboo topics as well, Like you know, I always think of the white women trope of Tiffany and you know how that black fellow gets a white girlfriend and she then starts yearning up like she's a black feller and she.
Speaker 2: Loves her culture always, she just loves it.
Speaker 3: True. You look.
Speaker 1: Aliah Fluff, what you been saying out to me like that for you know, the Real Housewives of Narrow Mine, And you know, so we're taking these kind of really interesting concepts and taboo concepts, but making them really palatable for black people, you know, for us to have a laugh, which is really important in terms of our healing. You know, not everything can be hard and we can't be in the you know, arena fighting all the time. We need places where we can just laugh at ourselves and laugh at the state of the world. And so, yeah, I guess as a comedian though, it would be really tricky, I imagine in this day and age to strike that balltleance. You know, even if you think about like old school comedians, like people who have been canceled now like Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock and you know, their whole shtick was like putting black fault of their their communities down, you know, paint like sort of downward punching for them for jaw. And so I imagine as a comedian in this in this day and age, it's a really hard balance, like to find that balance of that leaving people feeling a bit uncomfortable and a little bit all. Should I be laughing about this? Should I be going learning about this? Should I go and like take a bath or a long hard look at myself after this? And then still also creating a space where people can laugh at some of the really awful social ills. You know, with that in minds is you know, do you have a I guess a joke or jokes or a bit of your your stand up routine that never found to make people laugh that even after all these years, once you say it, you still get people in stitches.
Speaker 2: And can you share it with us here because we all need to laugh?
Speaker 3: So it hands down it has to be. I've named it my Sri Lankanism joke, so basically that never seems to fail. Like I just love when I have Sri Lankan people come to my show and they ask, Oh, I really wanted to ask where you got that inspiration for like that Sri Lankan joke? And so I have to pause for a moment. I'm like, it was a very you know, traumatic experience because when I first came up with that joke, it was just you know, about me kind of thinking I was Sri Lankan for half of my life. And then when I would see when I'd go to the Dandio Marcus and I would see Sri Lankan people there, I'd say hello, and my Stepdad's language and they would just look at me weirdly and like I'm one of you. Welcome me, open your arms, embrace me. I should have known I was black, but a different kind of black. So I still am very careful when I do do the bit about how we're all like sitting at the table and there's a massive spread of shrilinkin food and I can't handle too much chili. My mom and stepdad Lincolm stand up and my mom has like a glass of wine, and I say goon because goon is what poor people buy when they need wine. And she announces to everyone, Okay, everyone, me and Tony getting married. Kimmy, you're actually SHERI lankan like okay, okay, cool, cool, cool, And then I kind of like talk about how that was such a shock for everyone, including my nana, and how it kind of like happened in real slow motion because there was like just you know when you get such shocking news and your body is just like, who what the hell is happening? Everything's going in slow motion. I felt like the flash and I had because there are some like hot Fee's I can eat, and curry puffs is one of them. I do love me a good curry puff when it's mild, with some tomato sauce. And so I have just eaten a curry puff, and you can just imagine and slow motion. After giving such shocking news, you don't want to choke, so you the food flis out of my mouth and hits my nana straight in the face, and she's shocked as well, and her mouth is also open, and so as the food is flying over the table lands in her mouth, she starts cheking. Ambulance is called, she has to go to hospital for a couple hours, and then the next week when we all get together, she tries to give me the ambulance bill and it's addressed to my government name. And because I owe the government a shit tourn of money because I have so many degrees, I tell her that's not me. My name is Kimmy and that is not how you spell my full name. So if someone sends me a bill with my full name Kimberly, and if it has l E, why I say that's not me. That's my cousin that looks just like me.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope no one from sendalink is listening right now, or any of the your hex's debts.
Speaker 3: It's like when I sat making millions a million dollars, that's when I will be able to pay back my hextet and give some money to pay for the trauma of my jokes. If it offends any.
Speaker 1: If you ever needed to that you, yeah, you can bankroll the legal team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean with that in mind, cars you Cuts, Queen Cuts. When you were growing up, which comedians were you listening to? Who is who is kind of inspiring you? And was that always on the cards? Like did you always want to get into comedy or do you just like stumble in it?
Speaker 3: I kind of stumbled into it. Like I had a little taste of performance at a year five camp and they had like a talent night and me and my bunkmate were going to like do a dance routine, but then she got headlines. The teachers asked me, or do you want to kind of like bow out because you don't have a partner, And I'm like, no, No, I'll still do it. Oh, I'll improvise. That's what I'll do. I will tell a long story for five minutes. And that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 1: I had You're like, I'm going to use every minute yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to use every single last minute and tell us. At four fifty nine, I told a story about all the judges and it worked in my favor because I won. And I want to like family size like Mars Bars. When I was trying to figure out, like what I wanted to do with my life, I always knew that I wanted to make a change. I wanted to do something that would take someone out of their life for like five to ten minutes, make them kind of forget about the things that is going on in their life, and make them smile or laugh in some kind of way. But I never thought of comedy as that being my thing. And so when I first moved to Melbourne, I went to my cousin Kevin's show that it was doing at the Comedy Festival, and so afterwards he had invited a couple more cousins. I invited some friends. We went to the bar where he was staying at because the hotel had a bar, so it would kind of just knocking back drinks and to me, I was just TALKI shit and everyone was finding it hilarious. And then some of the cousins were like, Kimmy, you need to do comedy, Kevin help her out, get her on this journey, and then he mentioned Deadly Funny, and then that's pretty much how it started. I still remember that hotel. I still remember where I was sitting still to this day, remember my very first before almost with Deadly Funny. And I remember when I was about to walk on stage because it was at the Northcott Town Hall and someone arrived late and so where you have to walk on stage is the main walkway to get to your seat. So I was kind of like miming walking behind her, and I was just like that, that's my stage, that's my mic. What are you doing? Stop being late for a comedy show.
Speaker 1: Your first time on stage, we're already heckling. I love it, And then I think with you know, it sounds to me like Deadly Funny, which for our international listeners, Deadly Funny is a It's a part of the Melbourne Comedy show we have every year, and a part of it is around First Nations artist and over the years we've seen an explosion of Aboriginal tourist Right Islander comedians. You know Kevin cropping Ye, who's Kimmy's cousin, you know Andy Saunders, Steph Tisdale, even my little cousin Kylon Ambroum shout out to him, and people like Kimmy who have just yet taken to it, like yeah, a duck in water, duck out of water, whatever that's saying is yes. So it kind of sounds to me that, like, yeah, formerly your first sort of introduction to to comedy was through the deadly funny process, but realistically, you have been born a performer.
Speaker 2: And if it wasn't.
Speaker 1: For you, know that that friend of yours getting headlines on munnas as we call them, you might not have been able to have that moment to shine. You know, as you were talking about that, it kind of makes me think about a yarn and like, you know, the confidence that you have when you're a young fella at school camps or at school assemblyes to get up and perform and commit like a complete assault onto your peers, but in your mind you are like your Janet Jackson or Britney Spears like you're feeling it. It makes me think of a time when I was at a school a school assembly. I reckon I would have been I don't know, maybe like eight years old. It's so shame job, but so I asked to do a performance at a school assembly, because that's when you do.
Speaker 2: What's what you do when you're eight years old.
Speaker 1: You've got the confidence of a middle aged white man in you know, in lycra And I rehearsed and I rehearsed and I rehearsed, and I had like a portable boombox style and I got up and I sang, this is so embarrassing. Candy Buris's song I'm showing my age here, Don't think I'm not. It's like a club song, and then there's a line in the song that goes and you're feeling good and somebody starts getting hard, don't stuff Just don't think I'm not. The whole song is about a girl ating a nightclub getting cheated on by a partner. And I'm like eight years old rocking this song. My teachers are probably thinking, what is going on at home?
Speaker 2: Is his daddy is is it?
Speaker 1: Should we be calling child services because she's rocking out to this like.
Speaker 2: The most skankiest song.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of one of those things like schools and camps and assembly is kind of foster this creativity that there's parts of me in my older age in my mid thirties. It was just like I wish I had the confidence that the eight year old girl singing canny burises don't think I'm not.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought i'd share that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, getting up and performing, I know it's all fun and joy and hearing what you say about you know, you wanting to give people a little bit of a respite from their lives. And I think that's why people go to comedy, That's why people go to gigs, is to escape their own reality in a joyful way in community for just a hot moment. And so yeah, I want to thank you for your service on that.
Speaker 2: Thank you Equally, I want to.
Speaker 1: Ask you about a topic about like bombing on stage, like the I even just saying the word gives me a little bit of anxiety just to think about. You know, I think all comedians at some point in their life would have bombed on stage. But can you share with us have you bombed? Have you had a moment where you've said some jokes and they just have not landed, or it's been silent. Can you walk us through that process if you have, I'd love to know, Yeah, your experience with it.
Speaker 3: I actually can't remember a time where I have bombed out.
Speaker 1: I mean it's I mean, firstly, I think it's interesting that to hear that you've never bombed on stage, and also kind of circling back to what you said about the formula to a joke, you know, I think in another world, in another lifetime, I think I would love to try my hand in comedy. I mean, it's sometimes tricky with my line of work, I guess because I've been sort of not by my own like. I certainly don't juxtapose myself as this, but people feel that I'm like this expert and I'm the spiritual and knowledgeable and really at its crux, I'm just a silly little kid. I'm laughing all the time. I try to make people laugh. I integrate even into some of the hardest workshops we do around race and power and privilege. We're always trying to bring joy and laughter into it. There's a beautiful sort of framing around laughing in groups that we look at from a psychology standpoint.
Speaker 2: Brene Brown.
Speaker 1: I'm sure a lot of people know who Brene Brown, and she does a lot of work on shame and vulnerability, and she says that you can tell a lot by the development of a group by how big their laughter is. The louder the decibel, the more comfortable they are with each other, because laughing is such a sort of you're so exposed when you're laughing, you're not thinking, you're not You're.
Speaker 2: Just in it.
Speaker 1: You're like brah and it's like all visceral in your body. And so we try to interject laughter into what we do, even the hard, really hard serious stuff sometimes. And so I want to circle back to what you said about some advice. So for someone like me, if I was starting out my career as a comedian.
Speaker 2: How do I go about it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: How do I like refine the jokes? Do you test them out at friends? Do you get people to get like what's the actual process for an aspiring comedian to make their mark in the industry.
Speaker 3: The advice that I was given was to watch comedians that I think is funny and and of not kind of like resemble their kind of like way of telling a joke, but just seeing their stage presence, because you could write, like you could create a really really good five minute like joke or storytelling and not have be able to kind of sell that joke on stage because you just don't know how to work a mic, You don't know how to kind of express yourself on stage. So that's why I always tell anyone that comes to me, make the stage your bitch, make the mic your bitch.
Speaker 1: And so it's like it's like ten percent, it's like ten percent and what you say and then ninety percent how you say it? Right?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Like it's all the little.
Speaker 1: Like intonations and the yeah right, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: But I am more than happy to work with anyone that wants to do stand up I've had.
Speaker 2: Is it too late for someone like me?
Speaker 1: There's a market for someone who or yeah, I would have to redefine my whole brand and be like I'm the funny girl, like like, it's not too late.
Speaker 2: I can do it.
Speaker 3: It's not too late. If you look at the past two three years of Daily Funny winners, they've all been women, they've all been from Queensland.
Speaker 2: And then everyone's represent.
Speaker 3: And they've all been over the age of forty.
Speaker 2: So okay, there is.
Speaker 3: Definitely even in Victoria, we have like Shirley Hood, Annie Denise McGinnis, Annie Rio Ellis, and they've all one deadly funny, and they I just don't see them be given opportunities to perform. And so because I've been producing for the last two years, I'm like, okay, let's open that up. We need to see more black women on stage. You need to see more about older ones on stage as well, because we need to learn from them. And if they're not and if they're not being given these stage opportunities, then it's just like, you know, we're just missing out on a this service. And it's good to see like our older ones come out and you know, watch people that they can connect with on a whole nother level. So that's kind of my ambition for you know, my next couple shows is to really just change the way that people see Aboriginal comedians and you know, really kind of like break that box that a lot of you know, white followers and people who you know think that they know comedy and who have never written a joke before actually come to a show. But if you want to practice jokes, be selective on who you share your jokes with and make sure that they've actually been to a comedy show that they've found before, because if you do, you know, some material in front of your friends and family that don't really get how like comedy works or how to tell a story in like a public space. And if they say, oh, that was a really bad joke, that's not going to work, have a backup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also take it with the grain of salt.
Speaker 1: It's like, that might not be your that might be like something that you find particularly funny, but that's not to say that it won't make other people love.
Speaker 4: Do you know.
Speaker 1: I might be I might be completely overzealous here, But for me thinking about twenty twenty four and what I want to get out of my life and reflecting on the year that was, I've been talking about picking joy and ease and rest for the longest time, and I'm constantly learning and unlearning. But next year, one of the things that I really want to cultivate more of is this inner child, this playfulness, like just going back to the things that I used to do as being a child, Like yeah, like performing or dancing.
Speaker 2: Or you know.
Speaker 1: And maybe comedy could be something that I can can chip away at. And I'll definitely be in contact with you because I know that you will cultivate me, you'll hold me, and but I just think I want to push myself a little bit next year to do a bit of stuff just for a bit of joy and a bit of bit of being a bit silly and being a little inner child again. And like you say, you can give anything a go at any time. Really, you know, we've got to stop thinking like that. So yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Wow, my sious.
Speaker 1: What's on the cards for you next year? What where can we connect with you? Have you got any shows in the pipeline? Are you?
Speaker 2: How is Kungari?
Speaker 1: Where can we connect with you and all your magic, all your black magic and all of your laughter next year?
Speaker 3: So everyone can check me out on Facebook and Instagram. But I am in the pipeline of doing a couple of shows at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, so trying to you know, black out Comedy Festival for the entire time hopefully. But I am planning three congity comedy shows which include Funny Titters. So Funny Titters is coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was one of my highlights I'm a last year. I loved it.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited to kind of like bring that back and make it a kind of like yearly thing and really trying to you know, bring on more black women on stage, and I'm hoping to actually do that for International Women's Day. And something that I wanted to do different with Kungetti comedy was usually I'll have like the Corey lips in Battle or people like mom along like the TV show. But I decided to change that and do karaoke for my neddoc show this year, which went off. Everyone was like drinking, having fun, getting up singing. They didn't no one cared if they were good or bad. But I will say I had this one brother boy who I can't remember what song he's saying, but he had a very beautiful voice. And then probably not even ten minutes later, he asked me, oh, is it okay if I do a cappella And I'm just like, oh, yeah, sure, go for it. You did of this like country song, and like, man, you're putting the rest of us to shame and we're all half drunk. What the hell is happening? But to create a space where everyone feels comfortable to just have fun, let loose and just you know, really be connected with community again. When you know, sometimes during Natock Week it can be quite you know, impacting on our mental health because you know, everyone just wants a piece of you, and.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's air time. You need spaces for us.
Speaker 3: Just us, Yeah, just us. It's just like, yes, you can sing, but he could sang, he's sang.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love the confidence of getting up singing a song and then being like, actually, let's just strip it back, let's do the rendition at the color Star. I actually don't need that back in the track. I've been waiting for my moment.
Speaker 2: I need the confidence. Oh I love it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited that you are continuing to grow and evolve and the beautiful thing that I there's many things I admire about you, but the way that you continually bring community into this. You're sharing the skills, you're sharing the knowledge, you're sharing the contacts, and you're just creating beautiful black spaces where we can choose black joy and yeah, recoup and recalibrate for a minute together, which is what we need more than ever before. So I'm excited to you see what you create next here and everyone go over and follow Kimmy, go see what she's doing it deadly funny Melbourne International Comedy Festival, and just keep up.
Speaker 2: With all of the joys that you bring.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for your time today, Sis, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: You, thank you, thank you so much for listening you mob.
Speaker 1: If you are vibing this season of yarning up, then please head over to Apple, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts from to show us some love, rate, and review. Alternatively, you can get in contact and give us some feedback by visiting www. Dot Carolinecow dot com dot au