Speaker 1: You need get one life, and it's like, why would you not enjoy it? Why would you not work hard for it or do what you want in it?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. I'm your host Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life, which had a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the RNC community behind you. Let's do this. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conker Podcast. Today I am joined by Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth medalist Asher Phillips. Yes you heard that right. She has so many medals and so many achievements under her belt. Asha is an absolute inspiration and powerhouse. In today's chat, we find out what it's really like being an Olympic medalist, including a day on her plate and what her training looks like. Also, Asher chats about why her mental fitness is really eighty percent of winning and succeeding, with only twenty percent being a credit to the physical aspect of her sport, which I just found mind blowing but absolutely love. Asher talked about why discipline, overcoming fit and doubt, and also making sure she's her own motivation is so important to her. I loved this inspirational chat and I know you guys will too. Let's get into the show. Asher. Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Hello, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited to chat to you today from well, you're across the world, we're completely different time zone, so I really appreciate you making the time to chat to me in my community today.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this is actually very exciting Australia for that, that's one of my best ever trips, so it's nice to feel like I'm back over there, so at some sort anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh, we love to hear it as So for those who don't know who are Asher, could you give us a little insight of who you are and what you do.
Speaker 1: So I am an Olympic spinter. I went for Great Britain. I am I used to do jumpolining who I used to compete for Great Britain as well. So I used to choose sports, but that one was in Olympic sports. Had a tragic accident that made me turn to athletics as my main sport. I am an Olympic medalist, European middalist, World medalist and a Commonwealth modalist and the fastest men of the sixty in the UV.
Speaker 2: Wow. So lots of medals happening, lots of achievements happening, first of all, are big congratulations. I would love to I would love to chat to you about being an Olympic medalists because it's not every day. I've got someone on the podcast who, like you, has have achieved so much, especially in an athletic way. And yeah, like I said, it's a huge accomplishment at first of all, So for those who don't know, can you give us a little background on what like what you have to do to get to an Olympic metal stage?
Speaker 1: Well, your life practically focuses on it. It's like to get some Olympics everyone says in life you always have to take sacrifices. But my favorite saying is one of my favorites, is it's like you don't make sacrifices, you make choices. Unless like I make the best choices, the best decisions that I could possibly make.
Speaker 3: To get where I want to be.
Speaker 1: And for me to go to the Olympics, obviously, I've had to make sense of not going to this trip or play with my have fun with my family, have a drink here or there, not eat a burger and chips every day. Like there's several things that are so minimal to us, but they mean so much because if I didn't recover well form after my training session, that could affect the next training session. So it's like the smallest things build up and it's all about really saying focus, believing in yourself, because I feel like you forget to do that a lot and just fight for your position.
Speaker 3: And it's track.
Speaker 1: It it's not like it's a dogic dog world, but it's very much of a if you're faster and fast and if you're not, you're not. That's how basically the team is picked and you have to go out there and there have to be mentally strong to go out and compete against seven other girls who've worked just as hard as you, But you got to feel like who's work the hardest. To be honest, that doesn't always matter, because it's all about mental game and who is the strong minded and who will succeed on that day, And it's all about having conversations with your psychologist and with your coach and making sure everything is basically on the right wave and if that all works that well, you'll make the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, I love that. First up, you've very much touched on like the mindset aspect, because I think a lot of people would think, oh, you know, athletics, olympium, it's very much all physical. But I love that you touched on the mental side. Did you is like, is that something you've always known or was there kind of a moment where you're like, I need to really make sure I'm working on my mental game too.
Speaker 1: I have to think, well, when I was younger, they think I knew much because then again, my mom and aunt are qualified counselors, so oh thank you, so I didn't actually have to go far. But then they can only do so much to you because there your parents, and they need to take you after a while. I don't tell you anything, so I could do by myself, but they are be there to help and they will need to succeed. But I do believe sport is like twenty percent physical and eighty percent mental because one one thing and your game is over. Like there's in a call up room, so we have to sit in this room. So I feel like twenty to forty minutes before a race and it's just you and seven other girls, and they're just like, wow, one of us is gonna win, one of us is gonna lose, one of us gonna like doing well.
Speaker 3: Like there's all different.
Speaker 1: Types of things that could happen in the outcome, but it's just like anything in this room could just ruin everything. So you've got girls that we stare each other out, trying to mess up your game, try to talk to you, and honestly, it is intense.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's quiet. You've got people that don't want to talk.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you've got to talk, and it's just like it's like it's one or lost kind of in this last forty minutes. If someone messes with your game and you really just have to stay on it honestly, because you've looked so hard and then you get to the input and you feel like can you actually do it? And it's like believe in yourself. I personally feel like the majority of people are. I don't think people should have pachologies. I feel like everyone should because I have my like to say, once a week and I speak to her and it's like I offload and I just it just kind of resets me for the week.
Speaker 3: Because you're working.
Speaker 1: So hard with your training partners, are your competitors, your coach is always on your back.
Speaker 3: You've got to try and lose this way in the gym.
Speaker 1: It's like so many elements that are just draining on you and then you just have to learn how to release it and just keep going and pushing and being strong.
Speaker 3: Like with like I said, we're all human.
Speaker 1: We are going to like like fail at some point. But it's like how do you do a failure? And with sports there are a lot of lows, then there are highs, and it's like how do you pick yourself up nulling this doesn't go well this week and next week and the week after handy races because I could have six seven terrible races for that one lace that I did, like seventh or eighth one will be the most important one and that's the best one. Let's just say. And that's all I needed. But in the process, just like, how do I keep going? I think that's a sweetart.
Speaker 2: That is so true, Asher, and I think I, well, I love that you touched on the fact that you do see a psychologist weekly, and it's almost like this brain dump. I have to ask you though, so you know, you said you see a psychologist weekly, is there anything else that you do for your mental fitness to yeah, really be your best and really you know ace that mental game.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, with her, we learned that different techniques. I do a lot of mindful work, a lot of being present. So like you know when you go to yoga, Oh my gosh, I first my mind would just be everywhere. I could not focus more than five minutes. I kind of got board straight away, and it's actually want to be here. But I think maybe an hour was too far. It was too long to start with, so love like got back into It'd be more like ten minutes to learn how to be present. So to say it, I get distracted really fast at training because there's a lot of banter when it comes to school, and I mess around too much and my coach does get frustrated, but he knows that's my personality, so he just learns how to work with me rather than against So that's the good thing.
Speaker 3: But we go to training and like just before.
Speaker 1: My run, I would set my mind and like say, I should be present, do this, do that what he wants to have the run, and like have a conversation with myself, take a deep breath, and then do the run. And ever since I've started doing that, they've got better. So it's like I can't concentrate, say it. I can't concentrate. It's like really hard to just hold it for the whole day. I think it'll just tie me up because that's just not my personality. So it's all about learning small techniques that help the big ones. And it's like, okay, being present just before my run, because if I had to do blocks, I'd have to be present for that moment and then do the run and then I can rest afterwards. And it's like trying to be mindful when I'm at home, Like if I've got to do some task, be present, do it now. And do stuff like that, because then it just trains my brain and we have a lot of visualization as well, trying to be inside your body and trying to run and trying to work on the bits that work well and the ones I got wrong try and fix them.
Speaker 3: So stuff like that I would.
Speaker 2: Try, And I love at the start how you were saying, you know, if you tried it for an hour, you would get so distracted, So you try it in smaller amounts of time, which I think, like, I think back to when I started meditating, and if I tried to do even twenty minutes, I you know, would fail and be like, oh, I can't even do it. But I started with five minutes and kind of like built myself up and that has worked so much better than just trying a long amount of time at the start, because I.
Speaker 3: Was so long, you can what's a TV show in that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's such a long amount of time. I don't know about that. And then so Asha, we've chatted about the mental side of things, which I love that you touched on first, but tell us about the physical side of things. So, for example, what does the day in your life look like? You know, in regards to training and eating and that sort of side of things.
Speaker 1: Okay, so in the morning, I depending on usually chained bout nine o'clock and then I'll get up, but I would say two hours before I have to leave no single fast that training. So it's half an hour to roll out of bed, half an hour to get dressed, half an hour to make breakfast, and then try to leave on time for the half an hour and need the house, which really happens.
Speaker 3: I'm always like twenty on leaving, but.
Speaker 1: I always make it on time. But you know, you just want to leave on time so you can breathe. Yeah, that never really happens with me, so it's a bit frustrating. I have a breakfast in my breakfast. I don't know if this is actually right or but I don't think my nutritionis has complained too much, you know, be like for like turkey.
Speaker 3: Rushers and Friday.
Speaker 1: A little body find that every morning bit taste nice and it's just for me, A cupp of tea or a coffee that I've just started getting into. My day does not start without a hot drink. I will be late for training if I do not have a hot drink. That is what my mum has embedded in me. Get to training. We have like our first half hour of what is it like, get yourself into, get your ready and roll, stretch and do all the looks and crannies that our physios want us to be before we start the session, or just stuff that our coach wants to do before the pre workout. Then we'll do a room arp have a running session. That will change where we will have a acceleration session or death session we call it, and that would be accelerating will be.
Speaker 3: Like zero to sixty meters, and.
Speaker 1: That would just be fast or just working on the first blocks, all different types of things.
Speaker 3: It will change.
Speaker 1: Then we could have or we could have a few bits of that, but then like kind of runs up to three hundred meters outside, which is never nice. That's why hence the death part in that. Then we'll have gym afterwards. Some would be a weddingitician like lifting, or some would just be exercises to work on the small parts of the bodys that we seem to forget. Then I might have treatment after the session.
Speaker 3: Then I come home, have lunch, probably a bigger one.
Speaker 1: Well, I just felt like every sme on camps I hate too much, so I had to cut out something and that was it with me. So now I have less options when I go away, so probably have like chicken, some rice or I min smooth pasta, more spaghetti like Boris kind of thing, and then yeah, if I've made enough, I probably have that for dinner as well, if not the opposite one.
Speaker 3: So that would be my day.
Speaker 2: Amazing. I love how you say it like it's just so simple and so normal.
Speaker 1: No, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: You can see a lot goes into it, just like your mental game. So I want to chat to you about kind of you know, your goals, reaching your goals, discipline and maybe fear and doubt that might come into play. So obviously to become an Olympic Olympic medal is you obviously have to have amazing discipline and dedication. So I'm sure my rn C gang would love to hear some of your tips and tricks.
Speaker 3: Oh, my mental game, do you know?
Speaker 1: It is the hardest thing to do, But I will say it's gonna see you are believe in yourself, because I've had a lot of people that will tell me, oh, it's just never going to come back. She's never gonna do that because I will never forget when I did my knee, so I discaped my money to all my ligaments and I had to have two operations. Oh yeah, also and I fractured it, so I have two operations, one to put the fraction down, one to give me a reconstruction of the ACL. And that was when I just turned seventeen. And I tell you, instantly, people who wrote me off they did not think, oh, she would come back. It was just like unheard the first thing to have such an injury in the sport, but to come back from it, it was something else. And I just think, I can I think this sort of people think of me like that's that's it. Like when I started to believe them, and I tell you you as my mom, my mom said, I believe in it and I do this and I'll help you.
Speaker 3: And it's that because I.
Speaker 1: Believed in my mom, I was able to believe. That's what kind of kept me going. It wasn't the fact that I believed in myself.
Speaker 3: I knew my mom.
Speaker 1: Believed in me, so that's all I could hang on to. And it was one of the hardest things. Like I just turned seventeen, I just started college. It was sixth form or stuff, and like I went to all girls' school and I went in to college with boys, and I was just like, wow, I'm fixing new and I've got this fat brace on my leg. I'm always on crutches. I don't feel myself because I'm such an outgoing person, so bubbly, and it was just like I should just sink into the chair. Like when I did the injury, my family would set food up around me, go to work, so I crawl down the stairs first, set through around me, and then when they came back, call back up. So twice a day, once in the morning, once at night. It was like that bad at the time I was in And to know that my mum still looked at me and believed in me was like one of the biggest things, because it took.
Speaker 3: Me a while to learn to be in myself. And it's just.
Speaker 1: Only because so many niggasive people get into my head. And I was just like, why am I listening to people that don't know me, don't care about me, and basically actually even in my life, So why would I listen to someone that's got no relevance? And it took me so long to fix myself up. I actually know you can do this.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was the baby steps that did it.
Speaker 1: So you'll be walking about coaches, me back in the gym, me being able to.
Speaker 3: Just walk in.
Speaker 1: General, then job then run like all those small things meant so much to me. And I realized when it was just like the focus that this is you. Then things started to change so that when I told someone like, Okay, well how can I do it? It's literally you look yourself in the mirror and you have that conversation and it's a bit weird because you took to yourself over and looking at yourself and it is even worse. But even though it's a great view, I must say, but you just need to really ask yourself like what do you want?
Speaker 3: How are you going to do it?
Speaker 1: And it's having that a deep conversation because no one else gonna have it with you, Like so my coach can coach me, and my sec coaches can do what stuff in the gym, but at the end of the day, I'm the only person that's going to be on that track. And it's like, okay, so what do you want? You're going to You've got everything you want. Now you've got your coach, you've got this, you're in better shape, but how do you now make that do that or the extra step? And it really is believe it in yourself, learning how to silence the negativity, and then it gets some point where you tell that negative negativity into a positive.
Speaker 3: So I didn't want to tell people, well, you can run at me, and don't believe I'm going to do that.
Speaker 1: But I just think it's like they're just hating on you, and they just they're because they were so negative and they probably couldn't have done it. They're trying to offload onto you. It was like, not here, honey, because I feel like I'm just toopis for this. So my mental game is like, no one can trample on me because firstly, if I do that, then I've allowed them to do it.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't be getting any close to me.
Speaker 1: So say someone's agnoyed for day and I've seen it happen. Someone went through it the other day and they were just someone got into their heads from the smallest of things and they went on about it for a good half an hour. Like this firstly happened the day before, And now you've brought into a new day. Now, why would you do that? Now you've ruined another twenty four hours that you could have done something good with. And he just like basically just ranted, ranted advantage. I was just like, this person's one. But when you let someone get into your head, they've won. And that's one thing I'm not going to allow people to do to get my head and bring me over. Basically, it doesn't work like that. It's not like they gave me chocolates or sweets or flowers to put a smile on my face.
Speaker 3: No, they were.
Speaker 1: Negative and I let that feed on me and I was just like, no, that's not allowed. So when I watched him do it, I was like, you're allowing this person to win.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: I was like, no, no, no, it's this is stat I said, no, no maicant excuses. I'll tell you this Now, I will be angry for twenty four hours, but I will not let last any longer than that. I've had this, I've had that discussion. So if I'm mad angry, I want to eat something bad. Sometimes you have to feel into it because I'll only go insane after that. So I would give it twenty four hours, but best believe when it's finished, I'm not letting affect me again. I can't because that is unhealthy to me, onto my training, onto my goals that I want to reach. So you just have to let go. It's miserable and hard it might sound to people. Let's say it's miserable, but letting someone else just you know, feel them on or pray on you like your weakness, like.
Speaker 3: No, don't do that. Why would you? So? Why would I let someone do that to me? That's evil.
Speaker 1: You're not even my brother that can annoying you or my sister. The people that actually affect me. This is someone that you don't care about, has got some opinion.
Speaker 3: On your life. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'll happily decline that offer and walk on myself. Like I said, be angry, get it offloaded to someone for twenty four hours, and then today I think answer that really well.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love that. I was just sitting here nodding my head because you just said that so perfectly and definitely what you said like something huge I've been thinking about lately is, Yeah, when someone upsets you, or they get in your head, or they say something nasty, if you hold on to that negativity, it's like you're not hurting anyone but yourself, Like, yeah, feel it. You're allowed to be human, You're allowed to play victim for a little bit, but then let it go because you know that person is just winning because you're just holding it inside. And that's you know, what's the saying. It's like, it's like, I don't know, I'm gonna but it. Yeah, I'm such a big believer in that. So love that you touched on that.
Speaker 3: R and C.
Speaker 2: Fam. Are you currently trying to grow your hair, get glowing skin and nails, or help your gut health, Well, look no further because Naked Harvest's collagen powder is here to change it all. Did you know that age twenty five, our body starts producing as much collagen itself and then that amount decreases every single year. So this is important to know because our skin, which is our biggest organ is made up of seventy five percent collagen and guys, collagen is just a protein. So it does make sense why we start seeing signs of aging around this time. And this is why we called our collagen the beauty Elixa because it really is a beauty supplement that is going to help you glow from the inside out. So even though this supplement has amazing esthetic results, you've probably seen my before and after hair photos and my nail snaps on my stories. But more than that, collagen is such an important building block to so many parts of our body. So not only is your skin going to glow, your hair and nails grow, but it's also going to help with your gut health and we all know how important that is. So there's two options with the Naked Harvest Collagen Elixa. There is a pure option, which I love to add to smoothies and my coffees, or a pine coconut option which is so fresh and so delicious. I love having that at morning tea or in the afternoon. So iron c Fam glow from the inside out with Naked Harvest's Beauty Collagen Alixa today and feel free to use the Iron c FAM's code which is Rise and Conquer podcasts all spelled out and you can get a sneaky saving at checkout. Okay, now let's get back into today's episode.
Speaker 1: I find funny though as well, because someone will say something to you and I bet they've just completely forgotten or don't even care, and then you're holding into it.
Speaker 3: That's the worst thing that and they don't even do it, and you're ting you out inside.
Speaker 1: No way answer again, Let's say, you know, let it go, let it nothing to you, don't care, just just move on, let them do.
Speaker 2: And that's even like you know, when you get like a nasty comment or you know, like a hater or something like that, is like that person is proper bored. They're type keyboard. They're basically not giving many thoughts to it. Like, don't even give them the time of day.
Speaker 1: You can't make it to the top of the haters. That's what I've learned. And if you go you've won SA, You've made it. Thank you there, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm going places exactly.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And the last little concept I want to chat about Asher is discipline. So you did touch on this at the start of you know, you've you've had to be disciplined to get to where you want to be. So I want to ask you, like, obviously, discipline is hard, and that's why you know not everyone does it. Would you say that's a huge factor that has been important, you know, to your motivation and success.
Speaker 1: One because half the time I don't want to do any of the things that I do.
Speaker 3: When people say, do you love me.
Speaker 1: To actually, I'm like, well, no, I've got to get up every morning, I've got a train, I've got to eat correctly.
Speaker 3: Like no, one doesn't want to do that constantly, Like I.
Speaker 1: Just want to, you know, have a glass of wine in the evening or two, like I just want to do ordinary things. But then you want actually not ordin every person, and this time is technically limited, it won't be forever, so why not just giving it all now? And that's why I have to remind myself as much as I don't want to do it, because sometimes after running session, you're on that track floor in the rain, dead to the world, and your coach is saying I should come on, You've got one more and that you want to killing that. I literally physically cussed my coach out and say mean things in my head, never say out loud, But then look over my eyes, he knows what I'm thinking. And it's just like those moments build you and make you stronger, and it's just like you want this, so you're going to get back up and going to do that last week, whether it.
Speaker 3: Kills you or not.
Speaker 1: But then you just know when you're on that podium it was all worth it, and it's like, come on, ash up, You've got how many more years in this school. E've been doing it sport your whole entire life. You've enjoying the highs, even even enjoyed the loads when you think about it, because they've made you who you are, and it really just keep pushing, like my mum always said to me, because obviously if you want to gout of your friend, it's their sixteen birthday, eighteen fifty, all the big ones, and you have to miss.
Speaker 3: Them or weddings.
Speaker 1: I'm always abroad sometimes, so I've missed everything, and they able just say usher up. The parties are going to be there when you retire. The drinks are going to be there when you retire. The ones that are close to you and rewatch you are still going to be there when you're retired. They'll be there the whole way through. So what's the problem in the similar to your birthdays? And it makes me feel like that's mom, You're right, I get it. And then I realized now when I'm thirty now and I look at the parties that they're playing, all the music is still the same, so I probably only want to go to those type of ones anyway, because I prefer that music. So I feel like things I get what she meant that things haven't changed, and I feel like I do try to tell the young athletes that because sometimes I feel like you need someone who's a senior member of the team, So just say certain things that you wish you were told when you were younger. And I feel that's what really kind of keeps it motivated. If I have intellectual conversations with another athlete or someone that's just been through something, actually been through something, someone that's like kind up in their job, or because I feel like it does play a part in different worlds.
Speaker 3: It's not like just sport is really hard to push through. It is still work.
Speaker 1: It's really still getting up in the morning and trying to conquer your goals. But I always talk to an athlete. I'm a massive fan of Christine A Hugu. She's a farm Jumia Olympic champion. She's technically my friend like a big sister, and talking to her reader's help because I've bbviously been through it as well. But you just know there is any goal and you just want to win, You want to perform well, you just want to do what's that will push your money.
Speaker 3: To its best.
Speaker 1: And if I haven't done it, I don't really want to stop until it's done. I say this because obviously I champolinion obviously was taken away from me, not by choice, So I don't want to st happen with check and Field. So I really want to succeed, and I think a female for that, and just work really hard.
Speaker 3: And it's just like just to get back up. Man.
Speaker 1: You can be knocked down, but just honestly, just get back up and we can we can finish what you started.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow. And like as you were saying that too, I have a quote written down from one of your Instagram posts and in it you had this really beautiful quote of keep believing that the sacrifices you make today are having a positive impact on tomorrow. And I absolutely loved that so much, because, yeah, you summoned up completely, but I think it's such a huge thing of like, you know, if you want something you've never had, you've got to do something you've never done and really seen that end game rather than you know the stuff happening right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people really believe that it was given to us, loving is given to us at all, that we have to work hard this. We don't push the line in and say okay, yeah you get to like you come third, you come fifth, like it doesn't work like that. We have to I have to train, I have to go to the do I have to eat well, there's so many things I have to do. I have to rest, I have to recover. So when people feel like, oh, sh you're you're shulda shage that two three o'clock whatever, you're at home and sleep. So yeah, because I've worked my bum off, like I am shattered every day. It's like I'm abusing my body and I'm asking it, and you ask yourself like please, you can.
Speaker 3: Do it again tomorrow. And we can do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This is what I have to tell myself knowing I, like I said, I'm dead on the clack and I have to get back up and do this all get tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So we have to be crazy only an idiot. We'll go through that pay and then going to it again. And I just was on my own like seriously, why would I do that.
Speaker 1: It's just because I love it and I just want to run. I want to succeed. Firstly, I want to travel. That's one of the reason why I like doing the sport.
Speaker 3: We do get to see the whole world. But I mean that.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be my main focus. That sounds really bad, but it is.
Speaker 2: Definitely, and I just you just have.
Speaker 3: To you just know it isn't given to me.
Speaker 1: I just know I work hard for this, and it feels even better that I worked hard for it and I'm on a podium because I did this. The people around me supported me. I have the best support network and they're the ones.
Speaker 3: That really pushed me the most. And I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm blessed with an amazing family, amazing support staff, my coach and my austia and physio and everybod Like I am blessed, and I just you know, you know, use their energy and just push forward and that no one can take this down. Then people that are kind of probably them, and even then I've probably fight them for it. So no, you just you just gotta stay positive. It's probably the hardest thing to do. I'm not gonna like to like keep on it like on an everyday basis, but like I said, take this twenty four hours or those minutes, you know, and then because sometimes you do need to rest that completely. But now just just staying positive. It is just just keep going. And despite that's a good fight for yourself. You only get one life, and it's like, why would you not enjoy it? Why would you not work hard for or do what you want in it. I feel like this whole pandemic has not they changed me. I feel that every year I have like a party for my birthday and obviously the third if you want to do something really big, but I would say I'm to get what I wanted.
Speaker 3: Luckily, we've just come out of like.
Speaker 1: A small lock down and with about twenty five people, and I just invited the most the closest people I could think of. Maybe and I could have gone up to probably thirty or same because some of them couldn't make it because and Will Helmet were made it easier for me to me to make twenty five. But it made me feel like you don't need all the glitz and glamour, even though I didn't think I need it anyway, But it's just all the you know, the shiny elements we needed the one the closest walks to you, and that's why I had I realized, Yeah, if I've got this support, that's all I need hones see. And I know some people may not have that support or someone to lean on, but exactly like I said, you have those conversations with yourself, or you have a psychologist someone to just take those horrible moments and elements off of you, and you just you go again, and you just push and fight.
Speaker 3: So I always thank God that I.
Speaker 1: Am blessed with such an amazing family and stuff, but obviously I do care about the ones that don't have what I have.
Speaker 3: But I always think back to twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. But you can you can feel your passion in, you know, doing the sport, doing what you want and really succeeding, which, like you said, is such a huge motivation and pushing factor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is. You've got motivated.
Speaker 2: So Asher, what is next for you? What are you currently training for? What is next for you?
Speaker 1: What is next? Honestly, it's the world that we're in now. It's like I'm just trying to prepare for tomorrow and hopefully that plans out correct.
Speaker 2: I know, like that isn't it?
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: The main one we have is obviously the big old Olympics, and I pray that it actually be is ahead. I think it would be a down off for the whole entire world if it was canceled. But I really hope that they're more than likely going ahead with it because I say this, they have like small they have small elites that are going on, so sports are having championships and stuff, but it's just when we're all together. That's another thing, you know what I mean, Like you could have small ones here there, but to have fifty sports like just all in one place. I don't know how that's going to go ahead, but I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it probably would. I feel like we're year into this deep.
Speaker 1: Now that they should be able to succeed in. Yeah, they have to stay in their own home camps or something like that. I'm sure it'll be fine. It just won't be the same effect of like a five Olympics. Then again, they haven't got McDonald's as a sponsor now, so it's never going to be the same as the McDonald's there. So that is all athletely fair about. Really, Yeah, Olympics yes, you finish your your competition and then you've got three McDonald's. Like anything takes skate when it's three, and when it's McDonald it's just like a.
Speaker 3: Kid in a catty store. And the thing is when you're in.
Speaker 1: Real they did not care and you say, oh, can I get like one chicken sandwich for that one oh.
Speaker 3: Two, three? Like they just they look at you like ordering one is a sin. And I was like, wow, you just know like if you're on a queue or something so much because it was quite a smaller one of you, and then where we our apartments were and the big team could see he was in the queue and they would cool you like.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually can you get this? Can you get me there? And it's like okay, cool. It's the excitement of getting so much McDonald's. Just like you go like like six bags and.
Speaker 3: They just didn't care. It's like if you ordered one, that was like the worst thing you could do to them. How dare you order one? Take two? It's okay, I'll take two.
Speaker 2: Everyone That literally sounds like my dream.
Speaker 4: I'm a big mc Donald's person. Oh my god, yeah, what a per I love that? Theres why bother you can go.
Speaker 3: Anything knowing what we want toward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is so funny. Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Asha.
Speaker 2: You have been so lovely to talk to and definitely motivating and inspiring and it's so it's so cool to see you know, behind the scenes and really get dig into that mental game and kind of you know, I guess, like really get into your thought process behind it all. So I just want to say big thank you for coming on the podcast. And before you go, can you let everyone know where they can find you, where they can cheer you on.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: I've always for like some of my wander off on tangents, so I hope I made a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: No, I love as I love it.
Speaker 1: So thank you. You can follow me on Instagram Philip one l note s my name is a little Philip, a little small one there. But yeah, I'll be on Hopefully you finous good spreat for me. I get to make the olymp fifteen. I don't know what the races were like this year and what's been televised is this crazy world, but best be sure that I would probably make a team.
Speaker 3: So fingers Quest will pray for me.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. We're all cheering for you. Thank you so much, Asha, thank you, thank you for listening for another R and C episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about, and your craving community, please come and join us over at the RNC podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer podcast community on Facebook and I will be in there to chat to you until next time.