Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourn's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Finger While the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour.
Speaker 2: Even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: Golden Gods, Golden goddesses and golden pets. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows Golden Hour.
Speaker 2: Good morning. As to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show show number one hundred and forty five, we're now at one hundred and forty five shows or are we about to start show? That's right, so we're about to start show. So at the end of today's show, I've done one hundred and forty six.
Speaker 4: No, tomorrow one hundred and forty six.
Speaker 2: All right, So today's the start of one hundred and forty five.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, yeah, congratulation.
Speaker 2: You're right. So today is show number one hundred and forty five. Yep, gotcha, thank doing it. By the end we'll have done it, thanks mate. All right, then this morning show. First of all, did you see that amazing beautiful Patsy had it in the news there super moon?
Speaker 4: Ah, I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Well you didn't see that great big.
Speaker 5: Moon it's like the light was on all night.
Speaker 6: I had a.
Speaker 4: Supermoon of the year.
Speaker 7: I didn't I didn't really pay attention. Oh, you didn't see the sky driving it in?
Speaker 4: No, I got outside our bedroom. We just got a street lamp that's right out there. So that's not like a supermoon outside.
Speaker 2: Oh No, it's incredible. You must have seen it coming in from Werribee.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's kept me awake all week. What do you mean, Well, it's not even the full moon yet. It's quite bright out where we are, because I think it's not so built up and it's quite dark, so when it's really light, it's quite noticeable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but so do you not have electricity out there yet?
Speaker 2: By the light of the moon's got the generator, So you don't think that's the thing I saw coming in this morning, Like coming over the river and then coming to Richmond. It is really vivid and high in the sky. That's not in its fullest moony moonness.
Speaker 5: No, apparently it's not quite the full moon yet.
Speaker 2: So when will I get into full wax?
Speaker 5: Oh, I think it's a few days. I'm not sure. I'd have to check, but full I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if it's true. But I know that you can have a it can go to a wax and moon, can't you, and then you have a waning moon?
Speaker 4: What kind of powers will we get out of this moon? Full moon wealth?
Speaker 2: How about all the tides and oceans being powered by the great Moon?
Speaker 4: Isn't there something else? Do you know about moon's paths?
Speaker 5: We're wolves?
Speaker 2: You like lady the cool patsy door at the front of a house to wear Beware lady.
Speaker 5: There was plenty of cops in our area last night.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he sent me a moon terastic excitement from out there and where me and your But you're living at colder sack paths.
Speaker 5: I do actually.
Speaker 2: Like that, which she would do. I remember we used to always ride my bike into a little street around the corner that was a cul de sack, right, and we were like skateboarding it and roller skating it. There was always a miserable couple at the end, always like patch, always behind the old neck curtain, and she'd always come and when we're doing no harm there other than just sort of skating around the middle of the afternoon, she'd always be out the front door. Do you have to do you have to do that? Around here. I know who your parents are, and you'd always go there. I know who your parents are. Do you have to do that around here? And then I realized that people living in culder Sacks, especially at the end.
Speaker 5: Pats very protective. Chris is like that.
Speaker 8: He doesn't like people parking up on his lily Dale toppings at the front.
Speaker 5: He gets really angry.
Speaker 2: It's fair enough, you've got to respect your birches and stuff like that. Have you got one those signs as there's no turning in our driveway?
Speaker 5: No, but if he could get one, he will.
Speaker 2: But anyway, please tell me the latest from the colder Sack. What went on yesterday? Police.
Speaker 5: We could hear all these we were having dinner. We could hear all these doors.
Speaker 2: By the way, you couldn't have the dinner you wanted. The sold out sold out of lamb shanks because kitchen rules use lamb shank.
Speaker 5: Couldn't get it.
Speaker 8: Couldn't get any lamb shanks anywhere, so I settled for another piece of lamb.
Speaker 9: That was delicious.
Speaker 8: Anyway, we could hear all these doors slamming. We're thinking there's something going on out the front, So Chris says, you say, peeks out through the curtain and.
Speaker 5: There's heaps of cock cars. We're like, oh my goodness, what's happened?
Speaker 2: And anyway, did you start doing a live versus report back to gold Well Curtain?
Speaker 8: Happening, didn't I? And then there were shoppers and sirens.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, gosh.
Speaker 5: It was like bad boys, bad boys.
Speaker 4: Real question, pats do you have bad boys?
Speaker 2: Three wearabe?
Speaker 4: Do you have a website or somewhere you go? Then it gets news before everybody else has the news reader?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Not well, no, not really Twitter these days everyone's on to it.
Speaker 2: No, that is not a new source Twitter.
Speaker 5: It's where everything breaks is on.
Speaker 2: To I remember like finding out I remember start the show one down a Monday morning back in England and finding out off Twitter first of all, that it broke there that David Bowie had died, say with Michael Jackson. News breaks online now yeah, sorry, news breaks on gold one and four point three even half an hour portray comprehensive and then Patsy breaks it and then chucks it in the interwebs.
Speaker 4: On the news room the TV show, they had this little digital news line thing where they go, oh, here's news coming through that's and then they.
Speaker 2: Put the wire, Yes that anymore. Hey listen, by the way, do me a favor today when you get back, can you take a photo of Chris peering behind the curt don't even know I forrisis social BASEE. I would just like to see a mock up of Chris peering from behind the curtain out into the culder sack. Can you do that just for me? Thank you very much? What it today? Is looking great?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shows Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On this morning show. Then just done to seven o'clock calling one of you live. If you pick up, I could be paying your bills if you've gone to Gold one I four three dot com dot a year were in the last So straight? How much money have I got now from? Originally had fifty thousand? What's it down to now?
Speaker 4: Unto ten seven and eighty one dollars thirty five cents?
Speaker 2: Squeez? Wow? What do you make of this one? Then? This one came in yesterday? Hi, my name is Mark. I have an eight hundred dollar bill for my cemetery plot to Eastern Cemetery, Geelong.
Speaker 4: So he's pre booked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know he could pre book and put like a deposit down. I get that actually, because last thing I want is my my family happened to be out of pocket. If I die, I want to know it's on me. Yep, all right, don't want you guys. No one has to chip in, all right, it's on me. My death is on me.
Speaker 4: Can you use that space for anything? We're going to have a.
Speaker 2: Picnic your storage lockup.
Speaker 4: There's a plot of empty land.
Speaker 2: I all be it small, yeah, but you know, and land is everything is not owning land and land we're going to go into. But anyway, here's a kick of this on this guy here what I have an eight hundred dollar bill for my cemetery plots at Eastern Cemetery in Geelong. I'm thinking, oh cool, this is an interesting one. Good on. I don't know if I'm going to end up using it, Sir, I guarantee one thing you will lend up using that you will definitely the rest of it in between? Who knows you will lend up using that blot it's not I don't know if I'm going to ever get round to it.
Speaker 4: I'm so busy or is he saying I don't know if my kids will bury me? There I've bought it. They could throw me in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Also on today's show, then we got Facebook Marketplace and Stormsey Stormsey. Yesterday, we're doing five to Bit Tuesday and one of the tobets was about pets with superpowers, and we heard about Stormsey, who is a dog who will sing to the classic Boomtown Rat song. I don't like Mondays. This was just too much for me. Seven o'clock this morning, Storms he's in live in the studio. Our first live singing performance on Show one hundred and forty five will be a dog Stormsey. I am super excited. Tom My kids about it yesterday. They don't normally they're not normally hearing the show until they're in the car. They have downloaded the apps. I didn't. I just was in. They had it on their phone so they can hear the show. Now they're going to be listening at seven point fifteen. And mind the dog's not going to sing. I've been in this situation before and dogs don't sing on command. It's a holy grail for me finding a singing dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have we seen video. She said she's got video of it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorty nervous. Brad the producy. No, he picks me up in the morning. He said, he's seen the video, right, and I could tell there was a hesitation in his voice. He said this dreaded phrase. He said to me, I've seen the video. I went and had to look yesterday and there was a really big gap that we've brought there to sit in and I went right, and then he goes. I think he took a big in breath. I think you'll have fun with what's whatever happens and it's not going to sing, she said, it which you heard. We need to play about the call. She said, it's storms. He sings and the other dog sings backing vocal.
Speaker 4: I still have faith. I think this morning we'll see a singing dog. If you build it, the dog will see.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for a little playback of one of our favorite isolated vocals. We do this every Thursday on the show eight Am. We call it the isolated vocal, and it's where you just hear an amazing artist, a singer just doing their vocal part, their voice. There's no instruments, there's no special effects. It's just them laying down their vocal and when you strip it all back, it's rara and it's somehow more powerful. You hear it in a completely different way the vocal track that it's taken from. Then what we do is we play back the song and you'll hear certain bits of the song and you'll feel it in a very very different way. Sometimes we've been going through these and you get to actually bring a singer to the four that no one's ever heard of Boston more than a feeling. I've played that song so many times on the radio. Didn't know what the lead singer's name was. Brad Deup, didn't know that he Sandy took his own life a couple of years ago, but he deserves to have a wider credit for an amazing voice more than a feeling. You've heard it a million times before, but hopefully when you hear the isolated vocal track, you realize what an amazing voice he had. Have you listened to this?
Speaker 10: I looked at this morning and the sun was gone, turned on some music to start. Mandy then lost myself in a Famia song, A cosman an awesome do.
Speaker 2: It's more than.
Speaker 11: A feeling more a feeling than on somedays to tell me I began dreaming whatever feel I see them very walking.
Speaker 2: Word that's prety special, isn't it? Okay, that's a brad dealt from Boston, more than a feeling on the brilliant isolated vocals we've had on a show. We've got a brand new one tomorrow morning eight o'clock, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So Braddel first star of that isolated vocal you can find. There are so many of them on YouTube. They're just called isolated vocals and you'll see there's like people have made their own playlists of them. There's some amazing ones up there. If you ever find one that you'd love to hear on the show, more than welcome to email it to me Christian at Gold one o four to three dot com dot au. On this one show. Then I also need some help. I'm thinking about, you know, I've got the long weekend coming up in March, thinking about I've put myself out on a limb here. I'm thinking about hiring a r V. Yeah, shoving the kids in it. You know, one of those and I mean one of those things where you sleep in it. Yeah, yeah, right, we're all in it together, me, the missus and the kids. We're all in it. And I don't know where to go or where you'd even go hiring one of these RV's, How I are they all hired out for the labor weekend?
Speaker 4: This is what I'll flag. Would you when you came to my house you had to go, well, you went wrongly over the west Gate.
Speaker 2: Bridge, West Gate Bridge, I don't know what I went over it twice.
Speaker 4: You're all terrified when you got out of the car escape bridge.
Speaker 2: Well, it's one thing to leave the bayside bubble anyway, but then if it involves going, you know, way deep deep into the south into Tennessee, which is where you live, then I'm terrified.
Speaker 4: These things that because they're big squares, they shake so much in the winter, especially if you get up to freeway speeds one hundred one hundred ks an hour, they really raw.
Speaker 2: Which you should be do doing an undred k in it anyway, keeping under a seventy you never get there.
Speaker 4: Really well, I mean you would just take twice the time.
Speaker 2: Where should we go? Do you think would be good?
Speaker 7: To go if you're only going forty king about seeing heading out to the lighthouse, you know, heading out to Port Fairy or something that, going on a big road trip and do an ocean world.
Speaker 2: We haven't done that yet as a family.
Speaker 5: All the Grampians is good. If you say there yet?
Speaker 2: Know is that nice?
Speaker 5: It's very pretty cool scap Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, And if you've done it on that perhaps we are how high one these are vs?
Speaker 5: But I'd love to one day. I think there'd be a lot of fun the winner bye you.
Speaker 2: Go, Yeah, that's it. Yeah, there the thing where you'll pull over somewhere and you're kipping it and you you'll feeding that. I think it'd be great fun.
Speaker 4: You know you've got to go to camping designated camping sites for like our v pas. Yeah, poor, Well that's what I would do.
Speaker 2: Can you get in through a drive through? It's me again? Are you sorry? A couple of hours ago having dinner, we're backing back. I just stayed here. If anyone can help me out of information, please let me know, because my wife said, fine, you organized this is too late, last minute notice and the kids are a really excited and I don't know what to hire, Where to hire? From eve to go? Where we pull over from park nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On this.
Speaker 2: Day, Mystery, on this date, all right, February the twentieth. First, go back in time? What have you got for us today?
Speaker 4: First and honorable mention, which was going to be an unresearched one, just coming from the smarts of my own brain, and give it to you on this dame history.
Speaker 2: The first.
Speaker 4: Bits of camera were starting to be built. What's it called the first.
Speaker 2: I never forget this has come from his just his own smart that became those smart sound just falling all over the studio floor. And do you want me to pick through the debris of whatever fell out in nostrils?
Speaker 4: In nineteen thirteen, the first survey pegs were laid in camera as they start to build the nation's capital. The fact I was going to give to you from my own head was why Camera was chosen as capital.
Speaker 2: It's it because they couldn't agree in Sydney and Melbourne were arguing so badly. They had to find somewhere in the middle of nowhere and build it from scratch. That's what I thought.
Speaker 4: But just before we came into.
Speaker 2: The which if that's true, it is so Australian US should be up. Let's to have it nowhere over there then but there's nothing there, Well, we're built something there.
Speaker 4: It turns out that's not actually true. But I didn't have time to read why but why are you camera?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I didn't have all I read was I put it. I thought I better make sure that that's true. Is this the reason that camera was chosen? No, it's not, and it's a myth. People thought it was a challenge between Sydney and Melbourne. That's not actually the reason why I haven't had a chance to read the rest of the article.
Speaker 2: What you been up to?
Speaker 4: Oh? I mean I just started looking.
Speaker 8: At it because we should have had it because the Royal Exhibition Building was built for the first Parliament, so it should be Melbourne's by rights, I.
Speaker 2: Think so as well. And it's the greatest city, is that true?
Speaker 4: The one in Carden Garden?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was built for the very first Parliament.
Speaker 2: Probably went on for like years the arguments between who should it be Sidney? We've got the harbor Melbourne. We call the people we've got better coffee.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm glad we don't have it here. It would ruin our image because we are the cool city, you know. Yeah, like it's his stuffy to have that and.
Speaker 2: That we built are playing some scratch to be the capitol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I think it's a little bush town. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is that amazing? But that is when you get tied. You know, I don't know what exactly how she've been doing since you came in an hour ago. All right, this is oh, I know what you've been doing. Here we go backs, we're about to hear what he's been up to.
Speaker 4: I will feel if I get this day in history again next year this time next year, I'll.
Speaker 2: Give you the real fast I know in radio we're always taught to sell ahead, like coming up after seven o'clock, coming up tomorrow, coming up next year. This Burnie Saunders has just announced he's going to run next year in twenty twenty. And I'm thinking that's a long term vision. Now you're saying you'll get back to us time with the story of Australia's capital City's got that much on t the next twelve months. This guy's hustling.
Speaker 4: No, I was busy for today's clue on this day in mystery. I got into your time machine. I saw you left the keys I did. Yeah, hear.
Speaker 2: Everyone's welcome to use the time machine for this feature and go back wherever you want in time.
Speaker 4: You used it yesterday, I used it today.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go back in time.
Speaker 4: Hello, Jack, welcome to eighteen seventy five. You actually caught me in the middle of inventing something.
Speaker 2: This is it right here? Oh my god, it's amazing. One day.
Speaker 4: I hope this invention is in every building in the world. You're looking at the world's very first Ah, don't say, don't say. I want to use it as a clue in the future a radio show. Okay, okay, hush lips. Goodbye, Jack, goodbye, have fun back in the future. Thank you for showing me this. I've got to run five.
Speaker 2: Powerful, I'm back. Look at that. Okay. What do you think was invented on this day in history? Yep, eighteen seventy five. Have you got the answer for this? Or we're going to come back and this time call us in Tom's time. All right, lines are open now nine four one four one four three so something in offices, something in building, oh building, Ah, significant clue.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've said this before to you, but I really want to get a lock on that studio door. This studio is this, Jack and I in here right. Patsy's in her own little sort of news area with all feeds all coming in all over the world. She's got Twitter up. And then in another little room looking into us, there are two amazing producers, okay, and often they will come in. Sometimes there'll be pertinent information that we may or may not need to know. Then other times our elderly producer will come in just to shoot the breeze. He thinks he's helping us with the spirits. What kind of story did he just tell us? One that has actually left me really on a downer? A depressing story about a show he used to work on, I mean, a really horrible story about a show he used to work on. And then he leaves the studio on the song ends and I'm meant to go, hey, good morning, when all I keep thinking about was, oh, that's this horrible shoemans would do that yesterday when I was excited about the the singing dog coming in he went, he went, do you want me to do? You've got the number of the swearing parrot. He's only got two ideas he's come up with since here working on the show Melbourne's Worst Teeth and then now the swearing parrot. What's the swearing parrot going to do other than get us suspended? When he says he's got the number of the parrot? Is it is?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: On speed done? The parrot picks up and goes again. Last show the year, last thing, we got Melbourne's Worst Teeth for now? And then the swearing part. What are we doing? I see your computer on the mystery at that lock on that list day mystery on this day? All right, Jack, on this day my history. You're in charge this morning.
Speaker 4: For my clue, I used a time machine to go back in time and learn about today's invention. Hello Jack, welcome to eighteen seventy five. You actually caught me in the middle of inventing something.
Speaker 2: This is it right here? Oh my god, it's amazing. One day. I hope this invention is in every building in the world.
Speaker 4: You're looking at the world's very first, ah, don't say, don't say, I want to use it as a clue in the future on a radio show. Okay, okay, hush lips. Goodbye Jack, goodbye, have fun back in the future. Thank you for showing me this. I've got to run by.
Speaker 2: You played two parts in that. Yes, I did, well done. I'm a bonus for today. All right, let's go to lines. Peter, good morning, yeh, good morning.
Speaker 12: Oh listen to my aunt. So I don't want you to laugh at me, but I work on a building side in the city and we had a delivery driver yesterday and he flipped open this old Nokia telephone in one of those flip open things. Yeah, this concrete of wall part and equipped on that looks ancient, like the telephone that was invented in eighteen seventy five. That my air the telephone. And I'm hoping he was right.
Speaker 2: And it was the phone that he showed you yesterday, the very first one. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well it wasn't like that hang up thing, that black thing, but it was old Peter.
Speaker 4: That's an amazing bit of specific information that he's given you. And I've looked at the telephone and it is about that era because the first Alexander Bell. Yeah, Alexander Bell made the first call in eighteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Who did he call if he invented the first one? Who's he calling?
Speaker 4: Called Thomas Watson in the very room to me?
Speaker 2: It's me can I he is next door, Peter. It's not the right answer, but thanks, you kill me. I have a good day, good night, good night. Let's go down to all the Peters the pezza in Mountin. Good morning, Peter, moning, guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think we've got this one. It's the elevator. Imbittered by mister Otis.
Speaker 4: It's the elevator.
Speaker 2: Smart guy, Peter, You're always smart when.
Speaker 4: You so again.
Speaker 6: The Otis elevator at this company is still in business, still making elevator.
Speaker 2: Now you see them, don't they Yeah, all over the world those lifts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you read you read them on the plate inside the elevator.
Speaker 4: Is that our new elevator? We got a new elevator, Peter. In this building, it's like a space ship in there. The lights are so.
Speaker 2: Horrible, there's no natural lights. It'start getting in a microwave. I'm sure they're zapping us or testing us with something I don't like.
Speaker 6: It when they talk to you, it's like, no, Dave, I can't open up. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Dave cannot complete.
Speaker 4: It was the first hydraulic electric elevator. It was in the put in the Stevens Hotel in New York City. But the first elevator was in seventeen forty three. It was a counterweighted man powered personal elevator built for King Louis the What is that?
Speaker 2: Just make up a number fifteen, King.
Speaker 4: The fifteenth, connecting his apartment to the apartment upstairs, which was his mistress.
Speaker 2: It's got to be French. It be his mistress. So have they when you say man powered, what would they haking him up or something?
Speaker 4: He's on pulleys and he's like.
Speaker 2: Hoisting him up easy, guys. It's not such a way to have an affair, is it? All right? We got the news sport and then I'm calling one of you live Next World.
Speaker 1: I'm Peter the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: There is palpable tangible excitement in the studio because the dog's here. When anyone brings in a baby or dog, it's exciting. Isn't it. I think dog's more exciting than a bit more exciting, right, And this dog comes with high expectations because Jess called me yesterday when we're talking about pets with superpowers. What a super powerful this dog? Storms? He can sing to the boomtown rats. I don't like Monday now, obviously you tell me something like that. It's not enough just to hear that on the phone. I need to meet the dog. I need to hear the dogs sing you all. I'm letting you down, Melbourne if I don't get the dog in here. So in about five minutes time, Jack and I have just been working out. We've got special speakers attached. Are they going to go on the floor. Is it easier for Stormsy the dog to hear them coming from the floor or on the desk where all the studio is the right microphones you can pick up whatever Storms he feels like singing to us. It's going to be an amazing moment.
Speaker 4: Does he need rever Buddy's voice like we gave the calls.
Speaker 2: To John said, yeah, we can do that for Stormsy. So first of all, just a quick vote studio voter confidence, right, Jack and Pats, do you think Storms, he's going to sing.
Speaker 4: I think he will.
Speaker 2: I think I hope he's going to sing. I've been promised this before twice my old show, and the dogs they got nervous or they're just stared. They didn't sing on command. So I am I'm apprehensive, but I hope a good Australian dog is going to step up and deliver. I'm also hoping that this leads a very special radio show we do of pets trying to win prizes pet Scott's talents.
Speaker 4: What whole four hours of pets singing or just.
Speaker 2: Doing any depends what they can do.
Speaker 4: You are the high five.
Speaker 2: I hope that you said with the dog yesterday, that someone said that the dog will high five on command. I did this school pick up yesterday. I was talking about Storms of the singing dog and said, then another dog out there that can do a high five and command, and the kids were like really unimpressed. I went, as a dog down the bottom of the road that can do that way a high five on command. I don't mean the classic shape poor for a dumb treat. I mean a high five up top download don't leave me hang a little booch.
Speaker 4: I think one in five dogs can do a high five.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we're about to drawing board with that one. Anyway, Right now we need to do this O'Connor dollar your bills. Okay, So three and a half weeks ago I had fifty thousand dollars thanks to tinter car call one three tints to cover up. Now it is down too. I've been burning through this cash and it's been great.
Speaker 4: Seven six hundred and eighty one dollar thirty five cents.
Speaker 2: Please what I've got the money? Head to goldweo four to three dot com dot au. Tell me about the bill. That's the only place you can enter Goldwei four to three dot com dot au. Please go. Well, I've got the money, so I could be calling you up now doing the breakfast show or ten o'clock in the morning, one in the afternoon at four o'clock as well, so four times a day your chance to win. Right now, we're gonna call live Jennifer in Leveton. Let's call up Jennifer. Jennifer needs to help with her counsel rate. I hope she picks up. Oh Jennifer, Yes, yes, do you always pick up the phone on that? Hello, good morning, Jennifer.
Speaker 13: Good morning. Is that Christian the financial Redeemer?
Speaker 2: I have many names, I didn't know financial redeemer. What's one of them.
Speaker 13: That's appropriate? I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, listen, lovely to talk to you, and thank you for picking up.
Speaker 13: You're welcome, thank you for picking me up.
Speaker 2: That's okay. And Jennifer, tell us about what you got going on at the moment. Why need some help with your counsel?
Speaker 13: Right, Look, we had a spate of just horrible financial issues beginning about last November. I took on a beautiful foster child last year and her mum was causing a few issues and we had our tires, eight tires slashed and from there we seem to have been jinged. And then the cooker blew up, bean fell off the back verandah, which was quite dangerous and that had to be repaired. You name it. Whatever it could happen, happened. It was just it was just crazy and it just got to a state where I thought, I just can't do this anymore. You know, we've got rescue animals. Mums. This is going to sound really crass a bit, but mum's mum's being diagnosed with severe dementia.
Speaker 2: And your mum, my mum. Yeah, oh that's awful, so horrible.
Speaker 13: In us, she's ninety and had even adult diapers. They went up sixty dollars at the beginning of the year a box, so up sixty dollars, so from one hundred and eighty dollars to two hundred and forty nearly, which was absolutely nuts. So everything just kept coming and coming in. Then obviously the school fees and my foster child, who's were double my daughters because my daughter's studying academic stuff and my foster child is doing all the lab things and all the techie stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh well, listen, Jennifer, Jennifer, right, take a breath. Okay, you've obviously you obviously need some help, and that's all we're doing this, Okay, so we can help, We will help. You will need help. First of all, I just want to say very sad news about your mum. One of my best friends is going through this at the moment with their dad. It's a horrible hell illness and for anyone to go through that, it's just heartbreaking. You wouldn't you wouldn't let pets go through that. I don't know why we have to do it with the ones we care about this humors. And then you become a foster parent as well, which there is a shortage chair in Victoria of foster cares and foster parents. Absolutely, and it's an amazing thing to do for people who can't have children. I think it's a good on you for doing that and helping out.
Speaker 13: So what you've got to do it that they needed and these kids need a lot of love. I mean, this one was brought up on three minute noodles for nine years or more and she finds it hard to.
Speaker 12: Understand what heartbreak is.
Speaker 2: It's the same with chat, but for different reasons. So listen, you're after two hundred and fifty nine dollars and twenty four cents. Yes, we're going to give you a bit more than that. I can't just give you that. You really do need some help, So I'm going to give you one thousand dollars. We're going to bump that up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: You don't have to do that. You really don't really appreciate that that's such a big help.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like you really need some help. You've got an awful lot going on. You've had a really really tough couple of months and you're trying to do something good with your mama then the foster daughter as well. So the least we can do is help you out and just give you a hopefully a little bit breathing space there.
Speaker 13: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's all right, Jennifer. I'm so glad that you told us that you need some help and that we're able to do that and you picked.
Speaker 13: Up well, it was just on the off chair, so I thought, oh, we'll all give it a shot. Something's got to go right for a change. So thank you. You are Christian the Redeemer.
Speaker 2: All right, Well listen, Jennifer, lovely talk to you. Good on you, and then we'll give you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: Okay, thank you so much, and a big shot out to all the foster pearance out there. They are much loved.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right, Jennifer, thank you very much. I hope the means that the rest of this year starts to look up for you.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Take care your way all right, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: By the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This is very very exciting in the studio. Now we have Jess. Good morning, Jess, good morning. Thank you very much for coming in so early.
Speaker 9: That's all right.
Speaker 2: I had no choice but to invite you into our studio because yesterday he called up and you tell us about the dog you've got, the beautiful Stormsy, who's a cross breed between he's got lab there.
Speaker 14: Or I think his lab bought a Collie. We're not one hundred percent sure. A rescue dog from a place called Herd to homes. They specialize in in saving working breed mixes, and I've always had a soft spot for the the intelligence of a work.
Speaker 2: It's a rescue dog. Good for you you. We used to have a rescue door. We've got one years ago. They're great dogs, amazing when you go where we went to go and have a look at possibly getting a rescue dog. But there's no way when you see the dogs and you hear what they've been through, there's no way. You don't come home without one of them.
Speaker 9: Oh for sure.
Speaker 14: And both both our tour rescues, and we couldn't imagine our lives without them. They're just the most affectionate, funny.
Speaker 2: He is super affectionate. You've got a kiss this morning, Jack, I got a kiss as well.
Speaker 14: I think his mission in life is to make people happy. That seems to be like his whole je lovely.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, So is he going to sing on command? Yes?
Speaker 9: He should, he doesn't.
Speaker 14: You're going to see I will make him sing by singing terribly for you and revealing my my terrible truth.
Speaker 9: An, I can't sing for peanuts, So if you.
Speaker 4: Sing, he's more likely to sing. Ah, you're going to try and do a dog's voice and make it seem like the dog.
Speaker 9: I can do both, right, Okay, not at the same time.
Speaker 2: Tell me this then, right because I've been here before where people have let me down, where they've said I can bring a singing dog into studio, and I've never really got the Holy grail. Is he definitely going to sing?
Speaker 9: I reckon he will?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When did you first realize he had this amazing skill?
Speaker 14: So this is I'm not but it is. It is a complete gift. I'm a total talent, you know, stage parent. When it comes to him, I think he's amazing. No joke, this is not made up. I discovered that he could sing when I was listening to gold f him in my car. I was coming back from dog school one day and he was being at dog school.
Speaker 4: Dog school.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we take him to a dog school to learn obedience, and I'm trying to train him to be an emotional support animal. But his impulse controls a little bit psycho, as you can tell by the kisses you got yep.
Speaker 9: So so yeah, I was on my way.
Speaker 14: Back from dog school and the Boomtown Rats came on and I started singing along because I was like, yeah, like, I've had a good day, I've gone to dog school, Everything's all right.
Speaker 9: And he joined in, and I thought, this is a fluke, Like, clearly this is.
Speaker 2: Like a one have you been doing the singing moduled at dog school that day like a voice coach?
Speaker 9: Wouldn't that be the thing?
Speaker 14: Like I could again to teach all the other dogs how to sing, right, So yeah, so he just started singing.
Speaker 9: I thought, Na, this is a fluke.
Speaker 14: I thought, let's let's do it all good scientists do and recreate the experiment. So I put some songs on at home to see what would happen. Excellent A test conditions, Yeah, test conditions, and he and he kept singing.
Speaker 2: I love the fact now he's reading, or it looks like he's reading the Whiteboardy up here of a load of possible things to talk about, and he's just read up there his his name in star letters. He has got singing dog Jess and Stormzy his name not I've been lights on a whiteboard. All right, Well, look we're going to stick on the ass. When we come back, a singing dog will be there for you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, it's turn out for some live music on show one hundred and forty five of my run here so far. Live music is going to be, hopefully from Stormy the dog Jess his owner is here. So I've got I've got Bob Girldolf and Boomtown Rats. I don't like Mondays perfect cueued up, Jack, Where do you think we need to position these little speakers we've got I reckon on the on the ground at dog level, Stormy level. Okay, turn them already. I'm ready to play some of the song and then hopefully we're going to have our first live musical performance. It's not live from Eddie's desk, it's live under Christians Jess, is it okay to start the song?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 15: Go for it?
Speaker 2: Luck, here we go everyone, and you can see no reasons because no reason? What happened? So how is he okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: He's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah he stopped.
Speaker 9: Hey, the music stopped for him.
Speaker 2: So it's it's only with us.
Speaker 6: What is it about?
Speaker 2: I don't like Mondays? Is he not like Mondays? Is it like he's like I get it? It's pretty blues. He's got the blues?
Speaker 9: Mom, Dad gotta go to work. This is not great.
Speaker 2: Let's let's try again. Does he no reasons? Because that no reasons? We reason? Do you need? Yes, there is no singing. I want to read yet again. I mean it's better than what I've expressed more. Now you also said it. Does he feel the same way about mister Blue Sky?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 9: It feels exactly the same way?
Speaker 2: Aout mister right, So silence from Stormy at the moment. Let's cornk cup low, mister.
Speaker 16: Blue Sky, stop singing. Oh Stormy, you momised so much.
Speaker 2: He brought the yelping. All of the fact he stops immediately when the music stops.
Speaker 14: He's he's a he's a freaky part. So you have a dog that can wink. There have been moments where I swear to God that he modulates his pitch to match the song. And they're very rare. It's like you're winking dog like it'll happen, and I'll be like.
Speaker 2: Let's try with this one. Let's try with Shandelier. Now we're gonna try with Shandoligue and I have one last go. I don't hear modulating, do you hear what? I don't know what modulating is. He loves this one? What's happing to announce? He goes belly.
Speaker 4: I think he doesn't like music.
Speaker 2: I just don't think he likes these certain songs. I'm gonna try out an experiment now for it after eight you know we've got more outon John tickets, okay, and when asking able to sing along, I've got a bit of an Elton John with Kiki d Here. Does he have an Does he not like Elton?
Speaker 9: I don't think I've tried him with Elton John.
Speaker 2: Let's see what he's like where the don't go break in my heart? Just as an experiment. Whether you're right Jack myma theory, he just doesn't like music.
Speaker 9: If it doesn't work, it'll be a great duet for.
Speaker 2: Us the Tails Wagon. I don't know any yelping singing. Oh no, he just doesn't like music, so he should listen to smooth because that's where awful songs.
Speaker 6: Jo to Die.
Speaker 9: You can joined Michael bat.
Speaker 2: Well, Jess he's now just staring out the window, look at it, utterly bored.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's a super cute dog, beautiful dying that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't hear singing.
Speaker 9: I don't hear singing singing, but I'm biased.
Speaker 2: What a talented dogs? I mean, he delivered on command of our first live performance today and on the show so far, yelping. Thank you very much, Stormy Jessant, just so were crystal clear that dog cannot sing.
Speaker 9: On command though.
Speaker 2: Promised so much already and let me down nud joking. Thank you very much for coming in right now. I know obviously you write your own material. You're an actress as well. Do you have a website where people can see a show? Will give you something?
Speaker 14: Block definitely if you go to Jess Dash to the little dash symbol Hutchinson dot com, you can see my work there. And yeah, I've got a couple of web series and I'm working on at the moment, one about the Australian Space Agency. We're calling it US, which is just a perfect name for it. And one about bachelorette auditions and what happens really behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: So if you look into cast someone who has a dog that they claim can sing but actually can't at all, go high, Jess. Okay, all right, Jess, thank you very much for.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I have a dream. You know that dream is the one day we'll find that singing dog that is out there somewhere. I couldn't find one in a northern hemisphere, but I know that there's one here in the southern hemisphere. So storms e close, but no bone.
Speaker 4: No really close.
Speaker 2: But what storms he did? I think we can all agree, is he deliver?
Speaker 3: He ate?
Speaker 4: There's no argument. He recognized that a song was playing.
Speaker 2: Great and then he barked at it. And no point was the barking singing. No, don't I sound like Simon cow here? But there was no singing from stormsy storms. He did not sing to those songs.
Speaker 4: And Jess said, it's amazing how he can modulate his pitch to Max of songs.
Speaker 2: No modulation. I saw a post of the other day for Tom Waits is coming over and it's a similar kind of sound sometimes on some of the some of his songs, and like Tom Waits, that sounds very similar to what storms he was doing there. It make a great Tom Waits tribute tax but there was no really singing. So here's what I'm going to say. The search is on for a singing dog, Melbourne singing dog. So it's an open invitation the rest of the year. If you ever if you ever do come across a singing dog or your dog starts to sing, you call me up. You're welcome. There'll always be a spot here in the studio. And I'm going to now put some money on this. I've a cleared this with the boss, but you know, once you say it on air, it's legally binding.
Speaker 4: There's an incentive now one thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, Okay, I don't know what the boss is gonna say that one thousand dollars. To get the one thousand dollars, it goes to the first person to show up here be in the studio a Jack and I that both Jack and I agree that there was actually singing okay and not yelping? Who whatever that is that? Dogs do they do that?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 4: But that was even better than what come he say he's in.
Speaker 2: The lift more storms? He can hear this. I loved him as a dog, beautiful dog, beautiful dog with the voice was lacking. So it's one thousand dollars the first person can turn up with a dog that actually sings, sings to a song. The search continues. I need to be out right now. I'm going to ask the same question to you and Patsy. Yesterday my wife and I went to get our eyes tested. It's just the fun thing we like to do where the the house is empty, you know, let's go upstairs, all right now, it's going to have an eye test together.
Speaker 4: And got a babysitter for the kids.
Speaker 2: Attle bit. So we went to south and Specsavers so to Sandy who had the who had gold on in Specsavers Southland. So don't give ver much to Sandy for supporting the show anyway. On the when we were leaving Southland. Always an interesting trip, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Never really been to Southland? I don't think, but I imagine it's like all the lands.
Speaker 2: It's some of the people you get at South and it's a great collecting point for some interesting characters. Especially people hang around there at lunchtime of a Tuesday, sort of drifting around. All the lands are the same, no hustle, just drifting around, just drift around, no hustle on, no where to be, just drifting around on a Tuesday at midday. However, I walked past the counter. It's like a deli. They had a lot of nice cream cakes, and I saw a pecan pie, pecan pie. My wife went pecan, I went, no beacon. We started to get into one of those dumb arguments you have, right, it's pecan, it's supper cansu per can.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm only agree with both of you. It is a peaking pie. But if you have an individual pecan, you've got a pecan.
Speaker 2: No, it's a peak and it's a collective thing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You know, well, if you got a peak, if you see one, pecans a pecan.
Speaker 5: Or could you call it a peaky no says pecan pie.
Speaker 2: Pecan, So you're like me, it's pecan pie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, But she's saying peacan.
Speaker 5: Mine's a bit more pronounced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you at the moment in your news or I hear you pronouncing is your hillbilly heroin? Yeah? Love in that phrase this morning you'll billy heroin, so yours. It sounds like you're putting like an extra two or three a's in once more piece.
Speaker 5: Patsy pecan pie.
Speaker 2: It's like pecan. It's pecan, that's not Pecan's peaking pie.
Speaker 4: In on American TV shows, I think they say peakan pie, but I would say pecan for the peaking.
Speaker 2: So you do to go with then an extra A couple of ays in they're like, Patsy, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm with Sarah. Mostly you've lost this one.
Speaker 2: I said, all right, I forget scratch this.
Speaker 1: On the podcast The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three an hour on from Storm SA the non singing Howling Dog Christian. There wasn an album released in the nineteen fifties by Don Charles. We always remember him, you know, he was at the Calvin Harris of his day, wasn't he Don Charles DJ Khalid? Before there was DJ Khalid, there was Don Charles featuring singing dogs. Undoubtedly This is the worst thing you will ever hear, Scott. We can verify everything you say is true. Jack wants to find it on YouTube. It is the very worst thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: It's no different to what Stormy did. That dog's barking to music.
Speaker 2: Notice that one of them they had in unnecessarily not welcome to any party, a flipping banjo. It's a banjo and a dog, just bending your brain. They should play it to terrorist suspects they're trying to get confessions out of. They should have had that Guantanamo, we'd have got answers. It's unbelievable, Scott, Thank you. Christian o'connells Helson. All right, then Elton John coming over for the very very last time, his biggest, most audacious stage show ever. Goodbye yellow Rick Road. You can be there, not just their the best seats in the house at the Rod Laver Arena, backstage tour, the amazing see backstage at Elton John's show, his last ever shows in Australia, and you're going to go out on to the big stage sit his piano. It's an amazing Brice. We're giving it away every single show this week and we're doing it right now. Last two shows we've had you singing of various lines from Elton john classic songs. Today it's a duet with Elton did get to sit in his piano this morning? You get to sing with Elton John. You get to be Kiki D. This is what we're looking for you to try and pull off. I'm not sure if this is going to work, but we give it a damn good shot. You'll be Kiky Spit all right, So that's what we're shooting for. So let's just walk you through it. You then coming with I couldn't if I tried back to Eltie. Maybe you're not that kind. It's my audio spoken word version of.
Speaker 4: It, Christian explained, so.
Speaker 2: They can know of that producer. Okay, who wants to go first? Which brave volunteer? Once? So you've been practicing for the last half an hour you have. It's not gone well? Talk about yelping get me right? You ready? Okay?
Speaker 10: I couldn't ef trad.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're not The camping is back on the show. I know, well done, Jack, But I know who. We have a very own Kiki D on this show. I mean that's what we call her. Kiki D.
Speaker 5: Don't we among other things?
Speaker 2: Right you ready?
Speaker 5: Yep, he'll billy Heroin.
Speaker 2: Not now during the show. Okay, I know what's in the boot of the car, what you bring in shipping into the city from out there Whereabee.
Speaker 5: He'll billy Heroin.
Speaker 2: Do you know that's a hot MANAMAI address as well anyway, Patsy you ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: All right, keyck it up, Patsy.
Speaker 16: I couldn't evch out.
Speaker 5: Baby, You're not bad.
Speaker 2: Come always than me? Yeah? Sure, okay, right over to you now do your best, Kiki d Wilm when they see how this goes. Lines are open now nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one O four three. Good luck. We'll see what happens next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Due to two overwhelming tomorrow no surprise. Elton John's Huge Farewell Tour has added new shows at rod Laver Arena in December at the end of this year and Hanging Rock. I'd really love to go and see the Rod Laver Show if I'm lucky enough, and the Hanging Rock one and this will be great as well. Day on the Green. He comes back in the new year Rodschwood Wines January twenty twenty. Tickets are on sale now and you can win them right now, John held Don, Christian o'connells Elson. OK. Because God on four point three is Elton John's favorite radio station. We're on pre set number one. Fact, He's given us the chance so you'd have the best seats in the House of Rod laver Arena, backstage tour, backstage tour, and you're gonna go on the main stage, sit at his piano, get your photo taken. Amazing prize. Okay, we're giving it away every single show this week, whether Elton John Elton, OK. Today, then we get you to be Kiki D and sing without John this part. I'll be honest with you, this is a stretch. It's ambitious. Okay, let's see how you get on trying to now the Kiki D part without and John. First up this morning, we have Brave Wendy in Geelong. Good morning, Wendy, Good morning. Okay, So big outon John Fan. Yeah, I sure I am. You have seen him live before? I have great live, isn't he?
Speaker 13: Oh it's brilliant?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When have you seen him?
Speaker 13: Wendy, I saw him where would be mansioned?
Speaker 2: Oh that must have been amazing out there. That's so we were last year with One Last Dream. It's beautiful out there.
Speaker 13: Oh, it was just wonderful.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So Wendy, you're ready to be Kiki D.
Speaker 12: I am.
Speaker 2: Now like all the best singers, you need a bit of reverb now, so I'm going to give you some reverbs. You're ready to go to the main stage? Are you ready to be Kiki D?
Speaker 13: Ready? Ready to go?
Speaker 2: All right? Wendy in Geelong? Bring it baby time. Oh, Wendy, very very good. The hardest one has gone out first. You did that brilliantly. Wendy, thank you very much. Stay there, okay, yes, yes, don't sit in the corner, Wendy. Johnny Boy in Croyning, Good morning, John, good morning. All right, so you're trying to win these tickets. She can take your mum. Yeah, she's a.
Speaker 6: Big Oulton stand so I'd love to take early.
Speaker 2: Right, So you've really got to try and beaky and my heart right, Okay, let's give you some reverb, Johnny. Ready, Now see how it sounds. Ah, that's it, John, You're sounding great. They're good luck, buddy, do it for Mum. I could not be baby, You're not the car. Strong effort, strong, like some nice little flourishes there as well. John, stay there, okay. That might be enough to get you into the final. Let's go now to Lisa. Good morning, Lisa, Good morning, Good morning, Lisa. You're well, thank you? All right? Then you fancy being Kiki d this morning. All right, let's get the rever. Barney ready, Lisa to go, Ready to go? Bring it?
Speaker 13: I call stormy'st.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're not that car, all right, Lisa, stay there. Try one last person. Let's go to Frankston and Matty Boy. Come on in, Matt. Good morning, all right, Matt? Are you ready?
Speaker 12: Bit nervous but I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you hear Lisa? You don't know? Let may be fine. This is good luck, Matt. Let's give you some reverb. Good luck.
Speaker 14: I'm the fast right.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 2: I like a little bit of Nick cave in there as well. Very good, but I'm a fan. I'm not mad at that. Matt. Very good as well, all right, Jack Dennis the artist in residence who goes into the live single final.
Speaker 4: Wendy, let's put her in now. Sometimes you like creativity over actually talent. John was the most creative by far.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're gonna have Wendy versus John. Yep. Okay, let's try Thatt's bring Wendy back. Wendy. Welcome by the right. Wendy. You're in the live final now, okay, I'm good. Yeah, okay, good luck, thank you.
Speaker 4: I goodleave.
Speaker 9: That tried.
Speaker 4: Well, Wendy.
Speaker 2: Well now, Wendy. Okay, Let's now try the other finalist. John, Welcome back, John, Thank you, Johnny Boy? Everything John, everything, Okay, good luck John. Let's go. I could not. I could not. If I tried, I could not.
Speaker 14: You're not the car, Johnny Boy.
Speaker 2: You are the.
Speaker 13: You got the crime.
Speaker 2: All right. So what's the name of your mom? Teresays you're going to be taking Teresa with you as well. Listen. Have you have a great time together? Well done you? This morning is winner. You get the Elton John great seats at rod Lever Innnie for you and mom, and you go on the backstage tool and you get to sit at the piano and have your photo taken as well. Your mum is going to love you forever. Okay, it's going to be unbelievable.
Speaker 6: We're going to be a memory for laf so forever. Thank you guys very much.
Speaker 2: All right, Johnny by, thank you very much. Have a good day. Have you and your mum enjoy. We'll see you down there. Have an thanks that's all right, all right? Then another chance to win tomorrow morning on the show, The Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Paying off more bills, next chance at ten am this morning. I've seen so many emails, so many interesting bills as well. There's still the lady I hope we select whilst I've still got some money left, which is the lady who sadly has got no front teeth and it's stopping and getting a job. She go for an interview, she's got a great CV in the meet and she's got no front teeth. She wants two front.
Speaker 4: Teeth for Christmas.
Speaker 2: There right now, you're hopeful about getting a job, and suddenly she turns up and they're like, oh she's out there recept she's got no.
Speaker 5: Front teeth, poor lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she just wants two front teeth. And then there's the guy Mike who has paid a deposit of eight hundred dollars on a burial plot out there in Geelong and this email he's not sure if he's going to end up using it, and Mike spoiler alert it ends in the ground for all of us another or ashes, you will end up using that burial plot. All right? So well, you still got time to tell me about your bills at godwano four to three dot com dot au. But yesterday I paid the bill of leone finger? Great surname? Are there other people hearing album whose surname is the body part? Christian? I can't call in. My surname is Ball? Does that count towards a body part? Absolutely? Yep? The only Finger. And our friend here don't know what his first name is. Let's called him Bobby Ball. On the line now, Ashley good Onning, Good morning, Christian, how are you? I'm good? Are you well this morning?
Speaker 3: I'm very well?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What's good in the world? Ashley? What's your surname? Hand? And this is great? Meet the only Finger Ashley Hand. That's great though I was going to say you're from a long line of hands. That's great. So it's a family name or do you marry into it?
Speaker 13: I married into it. My maiden name is McCain.
Speaker 2: So you're now a hand a hand well, I have several hands.
Speaker 12: I have three children to have several hands, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be. So there's the post come to missus a hand. Yes it does. That's tickling with the one. Ashley, thank you very much for call. You have a great day and you too took care Vicky. Yes, yes, a little bit of abrupt There no time for you chi chat from Vicky this morning. She's business is on the road. She's got stuff to do, haven't you, Vicky? That's right all right, Vicky? What's your surname today? All right? Okay? And what's your surname? Vicky?
Speaker 13: Toes?
Speaker 2: T is never heard that?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: Why toes? To your missus Toes or missus toe?
Speaker 13: Missuses?
Speaker 6: You have no idea how many people miss spellers?
Speaker 2: I bet every day you're trying to do something online sorry on the phone speaking to a company and they're like as in toe, yes right, And it always happened? Was that originally your name made name or I married that name? You became a toe.
Speaker 4: Heritage?
Speaker 2: Vicky?
Speaker 4: Where you come from before Australia? Sorry, what's its heritage?
Speaker 2: Toes.
Speaker 13: I think it's English.
Speaker 2: And it ends there. Tune in tomorrow morning for more etymology on the radio here on the ABC, The Origin of Words, Part nine hundred toe. All right, let's go to Graham. Good morning, g man.
Speaker 9: Hey, you go mike yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. So Graham, what's your surname for us? Heart?
Speaker 12: Hikay, get in strong name.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a detective cop show. You know who we need cool hearts? Graham Heart, d I Heart, oh heart, alright, all heart all the time. All right, thank you very much, Graham Heart, Sir Jack, What have you got them from? Listeners donated surnames finger, hand, toes, Heart, Bobby Ball and Bobby Ball. That's not again. Have you got any more surnames of yours? Not a friend or so many work? It's gotta be your surname that is a body part as well. Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On the Search for You this morning. If your surname is a body Park spoke to a lovely lady yesterday paying her bill leone finger, and I said, you know what, no, only are going to pay you Bill, You've given me an idea for the show. Are there other people in here in Melbourne who's got a surname that is a body part? Turns out there's quite a few, and we're about to speak to a load more. Jack who we've spoken to so far.
Speaker 4: Ashley Hand, Vicky Toes, Graham Heart and the only figure.
Speaker 2: Why do you keep missing out our good friend Bobby Ball. He's too busy to calling. Mister Ball deserves a name check.
Speaker 4: Put him on the wife.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle there, All right, let's go to the lines now, William, good morning.
Speaker 6: They aren't.
Speaker 2: That's sorry. I just want to hear with the old industrial bang saw on the background, what are you calling from a saw? Meal?
Speaker 4: That's why we can hear the noise?
Speaker 2: And what's your surname? Double t? Gotcha? Oh? Double tea? At the end, they're okay, mister fuck William Foot will foop? Thank you very much, will fup? Cheers, buddy, have a good day. All right, this one I'm really excited about. Nicole. Hi, you very good. Nicole. What's your surname?
Speaker 13: Bottom?
Speaker 2: Stop the show? Back up? Pick it up tomorrow, Nicole, need to steady myself here you are a bottom? Yes? How long have you been a bottom? My whole life? It's an amazing name, isn't it. I've never heard of. I was about to say, is it a pain in the backside? Everywhere you go trying to explain it and I.
Speaker 13: Usually have to spell it because people think they hear it then aren't quite sure if that's what I'm actually saying.
Speaker 2: But I've never spoken to bottom. There you have? Well, there you go, like goals ticked?
Speaker 4: Nicole. Has the family ever thought about changing it?
Speaker 2: Or you yourself changing it to Nicole Booty?
Speaker 13: Maybe maybe it's my dad's name and there's only me and my sister who are still left with the name.
Speaker 2: So keeping that legacy going the Bottom family. It's amazing. I'm just in Awa and you're taking away to think about this. All right, Nicole Bottom, Thank you very much, Thank you? All right. So we go from Nicole Bottom two Carol, Good morning, Carol, Hi Christian. So we go from Nicole Bottom to Carol Amazing, Another great one, Carol Skin.
Speaker 13: Yeah again, I.
Speaker 2: Have a double letter as well. I'm a double in right, okay, like our friend mister Foot with the double t at the end. Carol's skin with two ends just left me hanging all right with the indicators when Carmore Interton to me, missus Skin, thank you very much for calling him. All right, let's go to Chris. Good morning, Chris, Yeah, good morning, Glad. Pretty good. So your surname is the body part? What's it for you? Chris? Hell? Hell? He t a l right, okay, gotcha? All right, Chris, thank you very much. Uh. Stewart, Yeah, Hello, this is a great one to end on. Stuart. What's your surname? I love this as much as Nicole Bottom. Stewart Arms Arm and mister Arm, what do you do for a living?
Speaker 12: I'm a sALS red for Scbay Company.
Speaker 4: You actually said it sounds like a villain in a superhero movie, doesn't mister.
Speaker 2: M We mean again, Stewart, that is amazing, Stewart Arm, thank you very much for calling him. Than guys, all right then, And to text here from different people about the surname knee bone high Christian not my surname, however, my I used to work with someone whose surname was knee bone. And then I get another text here, my ex wife's surname is knee bone. Even after our twenty year divorce. She still hasn't reverted back to it. Do you think the person said these to work with someone whose maiden name was Kneebone's the person he got married to but then divorced from same knee bone. She's the same knee bone. Isn't it all right? We got the news and sport coming up next. This has been high concept Radio.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three this week on the outwork Time Waster giving you and three mates a chance to go to Australian Guinea's Day at Flemington Racecourse. Tickets are twenty five dollars at Ticketech. You can win you and three mates with the best at work time Waster today. What with Stormzy the non singing dog but the beautiful dog and howling dog at songs but definitely not singing it any songs. It's dog songs. Dog songs is what we're looking for. This is how we're doing it.
Speaker 4: Very good.
Speaker 15: Start chewed sweet shoes, Elvis Choo, sweet shoes, Love will Terrier us apart. What let's talk about fetch baby, Let's talk about me? Ellen John m Spaniel, Don't dream it's rover Walkie is like an Egyptian stop any very too many and can't read my hand right in there, right jack?
Speaker 2: What have you got for dog songs?
Speaker 4: Bark life Ah, yes, of course, shiny stuffy people. That's not that that could actually.
Speaker 2: And the silence.
Speaker 4: Let you know all about that Bassett, All about that bass all about that bassett. Stinky pull out now, put out now, puppy, don't preach.
Speaker 2: No, that's good noth then I'll retire, okay and send us yours to text him at oh four seven five O three one oh four three O four seven five O three one oh four three dog songs could be winning you in three mates after the races, good luck. We mark them in ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three I forgrabs this week on our work time waster Austraining Guineas Day at Flemington Racecourse. Tickets are twenty five dollars ago at ticket tick and you can win them right now. Be you and three mates today with our quest to see if storm Sy the dog would come in and sing to Boomtown ratside on at Mondays. He howled at it. There was no singing whatsoever. We're looking for dog songs. You ready to mark? Yeah? Alright e. Some very good ones. Another p on the wall gold, what an Alex. It's a long way to the shop if your sausage dog way to the top, Bronze nice tryal in there in Montrose rhythm is a dashound Silver Besy and Preston cheap wine and a three legged beagle.
Speaker 4: Oh I feel sorry for the dog.
Speaker 2: Silver whip it instead of.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: Have you ever really loved the dog? Brian Adams Silver? I think that's right. Luca Nussa really struggling a moment, really struggling with this form. He used to own this bit, but now over the place up there in Noosir, Lady my Dogga, Lady Madonna. Yeah, Ryan, tough luck poor to the floor.
Speaker 4: That's better sivil plus.
Speaker 2: Nick in Brunswick a new Alsatian in excess o clever, very good, well done. Whitney Houston's I Will Always Walk You for Gold, Duke's in Croydon very good. The pugs don't work, leaving Glen Hunley my favorite one for the verse. The drugs don't work. The pugs don't work.
Speaker 4: That's Gold plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Liam and Glenn Huntley very good. Throw your paws around me. Nice one for hunters and collectors.
Speaker 4: Bronze plus.
Speaker 2: This is great from the eighties. Never gonna give you pup Rick Astley, Silver h don't go breaking my Oh, don't go barking my heart, el John and Kiky. That's very good. Don't go bark in my heart.
Speaker 4: Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Bohemian Rats, houndy houndy Dude.
Speaker 4: I didn't like a bronze.
Speaker 2: I just got to say, I rough you Lisa, Lisa, well done, jumping Jack Russell, Civil plus all the small dogs instead of all the small things. Civil plus, Julie, well done, Bite me baby one more time.
Speaker 4: Silver minus.
Speaker 2: I'm a retriever monkeys, I'm a believer.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: Gold and finally, let's get the puppy started.
Speaker 4: Civil plus.
Speaker 2: Who is off to the race?
Speaker 4: Who pugs don't work? And I'll always rough you?
Speaker 2: Yeah both.
Speaker 4: I think I'll go pugs don't the pugs don't work.
Speaker 2: Let's do that well mate, You're off to the races.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: As always, if you want to email us anything to do with the show that we've kicked up and talked about. We call it late to the party. This is another late late to the party. That's for stuff we were talking about last year. Guy here called Ken listens to the show. What a surname? And Dan we've talked about surnames Ken Butcher, Ken Butcher, Christian. Towards the end of last year, you were mentioning how you've had recently found out something about Pats that she didn't know that you knew. You told Jack about it. He giggled and got all excited, and you said that's enough for this year, and said you come back to it next year. Christian, I suddenly thought this the other day. I love this. I've forgotten about it. Ken Butcher. Sudden he thought about this the other day. What is in the shower? You know? Some tell us how shower thoughts thinking about me? And he wants to know when am I going to drop this huge revelation about what I know about Pats that she doesn't know that I know. It's a nice thing, is it? But it's it's jaw dropping, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's this amazing information that you haven't told us to get from a third source.
Speaker 5: Who's the third source? Not my husband?
Speaker 2: Like a good journalists.
Speaker 4: I thought good journalists reveal.
Speaker 2: That's a bad one.
Speaker 4: I thought you had to credit the source.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't credit the source.
Speaker 5: And you've got like a undercover EXPOSI I.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't say anything on any naise, but Barry told me who mister bigg is? All right, So I tell you what I do?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, Tomorrow morning, I'll give you the chance to share with us what you think it is. You like that, all right?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: And then if you if you don't reveal it by eight, I will share what it is. I promise you it's nice. It's not it's not it's not a bad thing whatsoever. Oh, it's I think it's amazing. It's something that I know that every single listener would get excited about and then want something else to happen. I agree, really yeah, all right, So tomorrow morning you need.
Speaker 4: To write, maybe right down a list of things overnight, allright, three.
Speaker 2: Things you think it is? Okay, all right, share those with us. This will we also find out a lot of other stuff, right all right? Then have this tomorrow morning. Top three things you think that I know about you that are amazing right, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'll have to think of three things that are amazing about more.
Speaker 2: Ye. See back here tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That is today's show. We are back tomorrow morning, paying more biles Elton John tickets and we didn't get around today to Facebook marketplace, so we're back with that tomorrow morning. Title of today's show is Sir, which continues because it really does between now and the end of the year. For I will find a singing dog could be calling you next on pay your bills and joy today. We'll speak to you tomorrow morning when we are gonna drop a big old truth bomb about Patrina Jones.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three