Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. I'm trying to go through the alphabet A through to the letters Z of things that have hit you in the head.
Speaker 2: We started this yesterday.
Speaker 3: I've got d for Dark, my old The two sisters were playing Dark so wouldn't let me play. Was jumping around in front of the board trying to distract them. One of the darts hit the wire. I bounced out, landed smack bain in the top of my head.
Speaker 4: H four Hamburger. I was a traffic officer in the city for Troy. There's a Texi park from those standing zone. So I started riding the ticket and there's a guy sitting on the park bench eating his lunch. Halfway through riding the fine, I was the son of the beck of me hiding it was his Hamburger.
Speaker 5: Peth a pie.
Speaker 6: Someone at the mcg toro a pie at the back of my head and managed to go over and hit me head.
Speaker 1: All right, So some other emails that came in since yesterday's show, Jack add to the list.
Speaker 2: Then how we got here? See for clown.
Speaker 1: Concrete clown from the Melbourne show from the top of a ticket box Christian. I had one side of a cathedral fall on top of me.
Speaker 2: You can't this is all I have. You can't just end it there. Cathedrals are huge.
Speaker 1: How does a cathedral fall on you and you live to send me a one line email? Are you still in there? Is it that Notre Dame one that had to rebuild in France?
Speaker 2: Are you there? Can you hear my words? Can they finish that?
Speaker 7: Did the rest of the world give them a billion dollars to fix up that cathedral?
Speaker 2: I think they're still putting it together.
Speaker 1: Those French tradees you think Ossie ones are bad, and then some of those shifty Irish ones, and then you get to the French trades were great to find out who are the most untrustworthy ones around the world.
Speaker 2: I reckon the French, all right? So what else? Christian? Tea for totem tennis?
Speaker 1: Christian just like Jack telling us, yes, they're about getting talked by that footy ball. I came out the front door to a front yard where everyone was playing totem tennis. I walked straight in front the line of fire. What on the side of the head from mel Sea? Christian also for a hot one. Isn't it sea today. Camping hot plate. Firstly, I put that under pip plane on a plane from London to Amsterdam. A backpacker was trying to shove back back into the This is what happens into the overhead locker.
Speaker 2: Something very heavy fed.
Speaker 1: Out going and landed on my head. It was a camping hotplate. Unbelievable, small bump on my head for the rest of the trip.
Speaker 2: That's Mick.
Speaker 7: Get through security with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're quite right. Good.
Speaker 1: Just because it's not on that list of things that we can't bring on, does it mean you can't bring on an inside camping hot plane?
Speaker 2: The question.
Speaker 1: I got hit in the head by an aeroplane. It's not the same as the old mate stuck under that cathedral. Someone in the world right now, I was flying a remote control aeroplane and someone else flew one straight into the back of my head.
Speaker 2: Eight stitches a hole through my ear in my main It's like sort of the plane is stuck in the ear and you have to go.
Speaker 7: Sets out trick you would see at the air show now and man, we'll whide this plan through another man's ear.
Speaker 1: A plane with dwarfs on board has flowing into the side of my head, please help. All right, So A to Z we're trying to go through the alphabet what has he I'm going to say, what's flow into your head?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: What hit you in the head. That's what we're talking about. The what's hit you in the head? Cathedrals and otherwise.
Speaker 2: Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're going through the alphabet A through to Z things that you've been hit in the head by. All right, by the way, before we carry on today's show, we say this a lot, but we have got the biggest hearted listeners in the world. Actually, I've got a lovely email here that's coming from one of our podcast listeners from Denmark. Hello to and as Childlund Christian and Crewe. Congratulations on the huge Matilda's win on behalf of all Danes and all the pigs we have here in abundance.
Speaker 2: We salute you. Oink oink oink ossy ossy ossy.
Speaker 1: It works both ways, guys, always be ready and as children. Thank you very much for listening to the show and your lovely email as well. That's awesome, Christian. When I was about ten years old, I can give you I for ironing board. My mummy said, the ironing in the lounge room, and I was playing under the ironing wore pretending I was in a time machine. Go back to visit the dinosaurs, Benjamin, Can we go back to that? And I'd love to come with you.
Speaker 2: Accidentally hit the cord and the iron fell on my head. There we go. We got that one.
Speaker 1: This one, that one needs to be louder. And of course when you really have had a big old whack.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's finding. Have you seen tweety birds? You were held in the head so far? Have you ever done that? Okay, so we got the ironing board. What have you got here? Jaye? For javelin? Christian?
Speaker 1: When I was doing school sports at school, we have to throw a javelin. When it came to my turn, I threw it and it hit me on the back of the head.
Speaker 2: I do not know to this day. I'm ach to do that? Are you ben directly up in the air? How do you launch?
Speaker 3: You're throwing it?
Speaker 2: Your launch and he goes and it comes back around. Kay, then you've got your hand up. Have you done that? I've done this. It's actually really easy to do.
Speaker 8: So as you go to throw it, how I threw it?
Speaker 6: For some weird reason, it like spun the back spun out and just whacked me in the side of the head.
Speaker 2: So you dropped it as you're launching it, like as I threw it.
Speaker 7: I must have had an awkward angle of throwing it. I basically just awkward one.
Speaker 1: I still don't quite know when you say, he's not easy to understand how you can get thrown head Yeah, I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 2: Imagine if you went like like moved its side.
Speaker 1: Do that what you're doing at the moment, sister listens, I was like, like the Queen bless Her used to wave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you throw it like that? I didn't mean to Its just you must be conscious.
Speaker 1: You're throwing a great metallic spipe through the air. AnyWho, back on the radio tea for tree house. My brother was in the treehouse we had the backyard. I was on the ground and suddenly pushed a full brick out of the treehouse, hitting.
Speaker 2: Me on the top of the head. Smack bang in the top of my noggin.
Speaker 7: Christian whose dad is building them a treehouse out of bricks as well?
Speaker 2: Hashtag straya. All right, let's go to lines.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Julie, Good morning, Christian and taim Here are you going good?
Speaker 2: Julie, Welcome to the show. So which letter can you claim?
Speaker 8: I've got s for shot puts?
Speaker 2: For shot put? We had jaf Javlin from school sports? You did? Did you get the WS with your wrist? Did you look up a juicy Caitlin?
Speaker 8: No, I got hit by someone else throwing it.
Speaker 2: Oh, dear Lunny, how that is like medieval?
Speaker 8: So yeah, the teacher told him it was fine to throw, even though I'd gone down to pick mine up. So heard the screens of walk out and turned my head to the right just in time to get hit above the right eye.
Speaker 2: Do you break your face? Can you break your face? I mean, do you know?
Speaker 8: Five stitches later, we did go to the doctor, and I remember my mum asking the doctor if I needed to get X rays and he went, no, this scull is fine. I can see it from here.
Speaker 1: Again hashtag straya The scull is fine. I can sit from here. It's not too mangled. Don't waste their time.
Speaker 2: They're busy today.
Speaker 7: I got when I was a kid in primary school on a footy field. I got knocked out once and my dad came over with a whole lot of other parents. He goes, ah, he's fine, and another father said, I'm actually a doctor and he can cust Oh my god, I remember.
Speaker 1: But I was a child of the eighties, going to school the eighties. I got hit in the mouth by a hockey stick. Had to be taken hospital to by a sports teacher who was quite a labor old school character. Had this big sort of porn star tash. Drive me to hospital. I'm holding my split lipping place that required nine stitches. He went, I just he just needs to stop here.
Speaker 2: Quickly. We started outside a milk bar.
Speaker 1: He ran in, got himself a packet of cigarettes, right, and the newspaper came back out and drove me to hospital while I'm bleeding out.
Speaker 2: Eighties.
Speaker 1: You weren't there, man, You weren't the man, Julie, thank you very much. You called us go to Teresa. Come onr in Teresa, good morning, Hell are you? I'm good Teresa? And what letter of the alphabet can you give us?
Speaker 9: You for umbrella?
Speaker 2: You for umbrella? Were happy Mary Poppins.
Speaker 7: Here I was in.
Speaker 6: Bali in a pool and there was a big gusta quein and one of those big beach umbrellas knocked me.
Speaker 9: Out cold into the pool him on the head and asked us to hospital with stitches.
Speaker 2: Wow, because they're big. They're huge. That was huge, and those Balinese ones are not to be messed with.
Speaker 9: Bron.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian Low Carl Show podcast. B for baseball bats. This one happened this seventies.
Speaker 1: Christian at primary school was playing footy and taking a mark I was at the same time. Hitting the head with a baseball bat was just something I know vfam used to be quite rap, but.
Speaker 2: Baseball bats.
Speaker 7: They are trying to crack down on concussion Christians, so they did get rid of the baseball bat in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Bring it back.
Speaker 1: This woke culture has gotten too much. You can't play now with a baseball bat. The baseball bat was in full swing, lovely Stephen, all right, it's good to Malcolm. Malcolm.
Speaker 6: Hey, Christian, how I am?
Speaker 2: I'm good buddy? So what hit you in the head? Which letter are you ticking off?
Speaker 6: I'm ticking off R for Rake.
Speaker 2: That Malcolm?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, sorry, I'm a for Rakee?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yeah. What what happened with that? R for Rake? Malcolm?
Speaker 6: Well, back in the day when we used to make up our own entertainment. So I thought i'd stand on an upside down rake and catch it before it came up. Unfortunately, my lightning reflexers weren't so lightning.
Speaker 2: I think it's all fish stare to this. But he would have rehearsed for a couple of days, you know, to get that move right. You know.
Speaker 6: Exactly I should have hit they just luckily it didn't hit me in the nose, just the forehead. But because we're on holiday, Mum and Dad said, you're your own stupid fault. You can just have a bend aid.
Speaker 2: So if oh Malcolm, Malcolm, thank you very much. She called that. All right, thanks you calling Malcolm.
Speaker 7: If only Malcolm can make up entertainment.
Speaker 2: Now, hey, how dare you?
Speaker 1: He's some New Zealand. They're doing their best jack. They're doing that with that crackly kiwe landline. He was going us from from the year nineteen eighty two, which is permanently there.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Ria here, Good morning, Ria, Hi, guys, I've got.
Speaker 9: S for Sharon. So I was in there behind the goals at games and I got snacked in the snuggin with footy and lost my mom's far at the same time, so I was pretty shaped.
Speaker 2: This is a horrific accident. You need to be compresated.
Speaker 9: You would have liked that. But we kissed your ass, so you know, made up for a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: And do you remember who kicked? Was it Essendon or the Swans?
Speaker 9: I know it was friendly fire?
Speaker 2: So ah right, gotcha?
Speaker 1: All right, Ria, thank you very much. Car the squeeze one last morning before Patsy's news.
Speaker 2: Wayne, so you were Christian? I am good, Wayne? Yeah? And what have you got for us? And eight a set of things that have hit you in the head.
Speaker 5: Would you believe a bit of a grand in cash.
Speaker 2: Hit you in the head?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: Pole dancer at the time, and they ready made it, really made it rain. You were so good on that pole work their Wayne.
Speaker 5: I was working as a tower back in the days when there was still paper money. Regular customer came in with it all bundled up nicely with rubber bands. I waved to him and then turned back to see if there was any other customers. He thought I was still watching through the cash to me to catch and it whacked me right in the temple.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing a big old break of cash like that probably weighs a bit.
Speaker 5: It did. It's about the size of a very luge fit, but thankfully it didn't earth too much. But the joke was on him. Put the rubber bands first, and a grand eight grand of cash started to waft and float down in the banking chamber and he's madly on his heads and he's trying to pick up the day's.
Speaker 3: Taking that one.
Speaker 2: Love it, Oh Wayne, that's a great one. Thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 5: No worries, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, team, we did the news, and then we regroup and reset because something very special is happening in fifteen minutes time, irone Gold. Today is a very special day for one of our lovely listeners. Iron Gold is one hundred today and she's never been in a limousine. In fifteen minutes time, we change that I need a limo.
Speaker 2: I'm on it up for a limo in Limo week, and it's gotta be long, and it's gotta be fast, and it's gotta turn heads on the streets. All right.
Speaker 1: So we'll be chatting to producer Rio, who will be in position in five minutes time. Irene Gold is the pickup today the limo. She's got so many treats lined up, some surprises over the next half an hour, which we're very very excited about. But Limo Week Day three begins again in about ten minutes time. Irene Gold, what a name, what a legend, one hundred years of life. We're celebrating that in about ten minutes time.
Speaker 2: Now. Tomorrow and Friday, we still have these limos available. What do you want to do? Everyday stuff that you've got on The Christian O'Connell Show podcast