Speaker 1: Spoil Dad This Father's Day with the Chemist Warehouse Fragrance Sale.
Speaker 2: Shop the huge range of big brand fragrances at the lowest prices.
Speaker 3: Chemist Warehouse, helping you spoil Dad This Father's Day.
Speaker 4: Hello, good morning Mikey. Nat here for Chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: Friday.
Speaker 4: Sean Fraser in our newsroom. Good morning, mate.
Speaker 7: Morning.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 8: Still a lot going around today and some sad stuff. Did anyone see those images of what happened in Nepal?
Speaker 7: I saw some videos.
Speaker 2: It is nuts.
Speaker 7: It looks like AI.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A wall of water.
Speaker 5: That's what a lot of people are saying.
Speaker 10: It's so unbelievable to look at that it almost can't be real, but it is.
Speaker 8: That one, the car park one, it's like this big, you know, like four-story car park.
Speaker 9: Gone.
Speaker 8: The water just demolished it all. So what is the update overnight, mate?
Speaker 5: Well, 35 Aussies are still missing.
Speaker 10: 1,500 people worldwide.
Speaker 5: They sort of go to this place. A lot of tourists go there.
Speaker 4: Because it's near where you do the climbing.
Speaker 9: Stuff, yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and a lot of people go there for peaceful stuff, pilgrimages and whatnot.
Speaker 5: So 1,500 people are missing. 390 people have been confirmed dead.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 10: And there's 35 Aussies that they know that are there that they can't get in contact with.
Speaker 7: None of them.
Speaker 4: We haven't found any of them.
Speaker 2: I know that some are young kids as well.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: Which is really, really sad.
Speaker 8: I mean, a bit of hope could be that obviously all the telecommunications has been knocked out, right? So we might not be able to find them, but they might be alive.
Speaker 2: But it's just the large number that's already been confirmed dead is scary.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And when you look at those images, you're like, how could you survive that?
Speaker 7: I was going to say, with the images, it's... do you watch them and go, why are you filming?
Speaker 2: Like in some of the videos I saw, the guy's filming and it gets so, like the landslide's getting closer and closer and closer to him. And it's not until it is so dangerously close that he starts then running away.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, I wouldn't care for the footage. I'd be out of there.
Speaker 8: No, and a lot of it was like CCTV anyway. You don't need to get your phone out.
Speaker 7: No, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, we can only hope for the best for the Aussies that are over there.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 10: Incredible story out of the Gold Coast, this one. A woman, she's given birth to biologically unrelated twins. So DNA testing has revealed that the boy is biologically hers, but the girl was genetically the daughter of another couple she was a surrogate for. So basically, she was going through the surrogacy for another couple, has had sex.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and then got pregnant herself.
Speaker 13: Yes. Wow.
Speaker 5: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realise that was possible.
Speaker 4: Neither did I.
Speaker 8: So they're going to come out at the same time but not be related.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you sure now? You're pregnant. You sure it's not you?
Speaker 7: I'm sure that it's mine.
Speaker 4: It's not twins.
Speaker 7: It's not twins.
Speaker 4: Not biologically unrelated.
Speaker 2: It has been confirmed that there's only one baby in there and that baby is definitely mine and definitely.
Speaker 7: My partner's too.
Speaker 4: And the gender is?
Speaker 7: Not telling you yet.
Speaker 8: I'm going to get up before the end of the week. I've got one day to go.
Speaker 5: You know, this thing is possible with IVF as well.
Speaker 10: When you go through the IVF process, they say, you know, don't have sex for a while.
Speaker 4: That is insane.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hey, man, I also heard you talking about ciggies. It's always a story. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Okay, so a warning to those people who are buying the cheaper legal ciggies.
Speaker 4: 80% of Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, 80% of smokers, not 80% of Australia. Come on, mate.
Speaker 2: That would be a big trouble there.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's the latest?
Speaker 10: Well, researchers in New Zealand, now they claim they've found traces of arsenic and radioactive uranium in the Chinese brand Double Happiness.
Speaker 5: Now, that's one of our biggest sellers here.
Speaker 4: You see them everywhere.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: So there's, like, obviously tobacco kills you, but uranium ain't great.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: No, it's not. It's not good. Arsenic is also, what, a rat poison or something?
Speaker 7: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 5: Not good.
Speaker 4: And people are smoking them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A huge story you missed in your bulletin this morning, Sean. 400,000 oysters have been stolen from a New South Wales farm. And I want to check the boot of Mikey's car because they do.
Speaker 7: Not know where these oysters are.
Speaker 4: I do love an oyster.
Speaker 7: It was 320 bags worth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost $ 400, 000, $ 350, 000 went missing from a mid-north coast oyster farm.
Speaker 7: But it was only discovered this week that they were missing.
Speaker 2: And now police are actually urging the public to look out for anyone with a suspiciously large number of cocktail or bistro-sized oysters. So if your mate this weekend is going, hey, come over for an oyster party, and there's just 400,000 oysters everywhere, you might need to call the cops. How's that even going to the extent of some farmers, oyster farmers... are, like, planting fake oysters with trackers in them.
Speaker 4: Oh, that'd get me.
Speaker 2: to try and see if they can get the thief and find out who it is.
Speaker 4: Well, they are worth a lot. That's one of the things about oysters. I was at a bar on Monday.
Speaker 7: But it's a stinky thing to steal.
Speaker 5: I know, right?
Speaker 8: Monday night, they had a special. I think it was $ 2 per oyster.
Speaker 4: Because usually.
Speaker 8: You're spending about $ 30 if you're.
Speaker 4: Getting them for a dozen, but at a restaurant it can.
Speaker 2: Be way more. Mostly I say like $ 7, $ 6 an oyster if they're fresh and they're good.
Speaker 4: Monday night I got them too.
Speaker 7: $ 2 though is the quality is good.
Speaker 4: No, they weren't as good.
Speaker 2: There's no way they can charge that little for a quality fresh oyster.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't need them anyway. I got 400,000 sitting in my car boots. Watch out my girlfriend Alana after I ate them.
Speaker 2: Yuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're on kiss.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Oh, my God. Could you not? You had to sneeze right then.
Speaker 5: Straight then.
Speaker 7: I tried to hold it in.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Bless me.
Speaker 5: How was it?
Speaker 9: Bless you, yeah.
Speaker 7: Because I tried to hold it in. I feel I didn't get it all out.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 4: Do you need to do it again?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 7: I'm just going to have to wait.
Speaker 9: A few hours.
Speaker 4: Well, that's Nat over there filling in for Amy. I'm Mikey. All right. If you can continue sneezing.
Speaker 11: I'm fine.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I've got a question for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. What do women want?
Speaker 4: Just in general. We don't even know.
Speaker 8: Okay, so apparently you don't want, I want to run this past you, Natalie. Apparently you don't want bold romantic gestures. You want something else. I'm going to give you what this something else is and see if you agree. So according to influencer Bethany Dobson, this is what you should be doing instead, men.
Speaker 4: This is what women want. Finally, the answer.
Speaker 3: There is nothing more attractive than a man who takes the load off of you. I couldn't give a flying f * * * about flowers, about you buying me a new bag, about you posting pretty things about me.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: All I care about is your mature ability to reach me like a book and think, this.
Speaker 6: Girl is stressed.
Speaker 3: This girl needs loads taken off of her. So men, if you're watching this and your lady ain't liking you, take responsibility off of her.
Speaker 4: So take the load off her, which I do. Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, you should always take the load off.
Speaker 4: That's all I heard, sorry. But what is she really saying apart from that?
Speaker 2: So what she's saying is don't worry about the flowers, don't worry about spending money. If you actually want to do something impactful, which your girlfriend will appreciate, you should be trying to do things like around the house. For example, you can see she's cleaning on the weekend. Instead of sitting on the lounge doing, watching the footy how about you go babe do you need help with anything or even better don't ask just get up and start helping right.
Speaker 8: I remember once with an ex-girlfriend she was just like frantically mopping and i was watching tv and i said can i help she goes no it's fine it wasn't fine.
Speaker 2: No it definitely yes whenever we say it's fine it's not fine okay but yeah no it's the helping without needing to ask for it or even without you saying, do you need help?
Speaker 7: We clearly would love help. We don't enjoy mopping.
Speaker 4: I just went back to watch the footy. I was like, oh, well, she's fine.
Speaker 2: I think it was the other day when I was vacuuming and I said to Kane, I'm like, can you move your shoes? And he goes, yep, and just lifted them and then put them back down. And I'm like, that was my subtle way actually of saying.
Speaker 4: He should have noticed the shoes needed moving.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we need to do all that. But then you get in trouble if you don't buy flowers and stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh, no, I disagree with that. We want that too. Oh, you just want everything. I think we want that too.
Speaker 2: But what she's saying is if it's one or the other or like don't think I'm going to do something really nice for my girlfriend, this will be the winner, I'm going to get her flowers. If you're going to pick something that will have the most impact, I think it would be her coming home after a day of work or something she's been doing all day and you've just unloaded the dishwasher.
Speaker 8: Yeah, or lifted your shoes while she's vacuuming. I like that you're still vacuuming though.
Speaker 4: Just lift the shoes. The least you could do.
Speaker 7: The least you could do is move your freaking shoes.
Speaker 8: You might have a comment on that. 131065. It is time for the birthday wheel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: What is it today? 28th of August. Happy birthday to you if it's your birthday. If it is, you're going to call in. You're going to win an amazing prize. And everyone has got the chance, if you get on air for the birthday wheel, to.
Speaker 7: Win a car. Yeah, a brand new Chiggo 4.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Chiggo.
Speaker 2: I combined two words. A Cherry Tiggo 4 Urban SUV. Everyone who spins the wheel has a chance to win. School runs, coffee runs and weekend fun. Discover the Cherry Tiggo 4 with a test drive at Cherry Ride.
Speaker 9: You want to win?
Speaker 4: Call us.
Speaker 8: 131065. It's got to be your birthday, though. All right, so get on the birthday wheel. If it is your birthday today, we will play up next here on Kiss. Your number one hit music station.
Speaker 4: You're on Kiss.
Speaker 8: You got Mikey. You got Nat here for Amy. And you, for first calls, call us up.
Speaker 11: 131065.
Speaker 4: Let's have a chat. Why not? Okay.
Speaker 7: Let's talk to Victoria. Good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning.
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 16: I just wanted to talk about the influencer before that you guys had on air.
Speaker 8: Ah, the take a load off influencer. She tells you, men, you want to keep your woman happy, take a load off her.
Speaker 3: There is nothing more attractive than a man who takes the load off of you. I couldn't give a flying and f * * * about flowers, about you buying me a new bag, about you posting pretty things about me.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: All I care about is your mature ability to reach me like a book and think, this girl is stressed. This girl needs loads taken off of her. So men, if you're watching this and your lady ain't liking you, take responsibility.
Speaker 8: Off of her sick no flowers no nice treats.
Speaker 2: Well I said I think both but yeah what do you think Victoria I think I.
Speaker 16: Think I'm on the ladies side because ladies here we're hard working hard working women and then men just need to take off a lot of hand load off our hands like what give.
Speaker 8: Me an example what do you want your man to do for you Like the little.
Speaker 16: Things, like washing dishes, maybe the laundry sometimes.
Speaker 13: What else?
Speaker 4: Instead of just being a lazy kid.
Speaker 16: Yeah, lazy little bum bum.
Speaker 2: Lazy little bum bum. I think helping anything cleaning-wise we'd appreciate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but isn't it like, oh, he doesn't do it right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, when you said laundry and dishes, I kind of started twitching because I was like, stay out of the laundry. But yeah, I mean, doing the floors and the toilets, no one wants to do the toilets.
Speaker 7: That would be a huge help.
Speaker 4: Kaylee's on. Hi, Kaylee.
Speaker 17: Good morning.
Speaker 18: How are you guys?
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 4: What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 18: So with Bruno Mars announcing his new tour yesterday, what I was going to ask was, what's your favorite Bruno Mars song?
Speaker 4: Oh, what's yours, first of all?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Well, I've received some disappointment about this, but Versace.
Speaker 5: Oh, my God.
Speaker 7: Me too. Versace on the floor.
Speaker 19: Oh, you're kidding.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like the David Guetta version.
Speaker 7: No, this is the remix.
Speaker 4: Is it? No, that's the original.
Speaker 13: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The David Guetta one's much more upbeat. It's a bit faster.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Yeah. No.
Speaker 4: No, you can sing.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 4: It's one comment. Get it out of your head. How to get to that. You know mine. It's better than that.
Speaker 7: It's... Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Grenade.
Speaker 7: God, you're such a fairy. I am a big fairy.
Speaker 2: Like, I would have thought for you, like, 24 Karat Magic or one of those ones.
Speaker 13: Too happy.
Speaker 4: You know, I like a sad song.
Speaker 2: Oh, you do like a sad song.
Speaker 4: Some sad, depressed piece of shit. Hey, on Monday.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes, huge on Monday.
Speaker 5: We are giving you.
Speaker 4: One of us say it.
Speaker 7: Which one?
Speaker 4: Anyone want to say it? Thing, what are we doing on Monday?
Speaker 7: It's big.
Speaker 4: The Bruno Mars You Getter?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're throwing to producers to talk about the thing. Like what?
Speaker 7: Because both of us just went, oh, Monday, it's big.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, I'll do it.
Speaker 8: Every caller that gets on air is going to win Bruno Mars tickets.
Speaker 4: Every single caller.
Speaker 2: It is our next You Getter. So make sure you are listening from 6 a.m. to get your hands on tickets, especially you, Kayleigh, if you're a big fan.
Speaker 7: You need to be listening Monday morning. I'm begging.
Speaker 8: Make sure you call in from 6 a.m., all right?
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 7: All right, I've been covering this story all week.
Speaker 2: It is the Lockie Neal Brisbane Lions player cheating on his now ex-wife, Jules Neal, with her best.
Speaker 7: Friend, Tess Crosley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big one, big scandal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this happened earlier this year, but the reason it's being brought back up now is because Jules has done a podcast where she told her side of the story, and she basically said that it wasn't the first time Lockie had cheated on her, And she also clarified, just in case anyone was wondering, that they're definitely not swingers or in an open relationship.
Speaker 3: Definitely not in an open relationship and definitely not swinging.
Speaker 2: If we were swinging, I wouldn't have packed up my life and packed up the kids and left.
Speaker 4: Because obviously it's not cheating if you're swinging, right?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: So in case anyone had any doubts, because it is, you know, Tess, the other woman, was also married. So it kind of looks like, hang on, was there an arrangement? But no, according to Jules, definitely not an arrangement. Now the other woman, Tess, has done her own podcast in a bit of a tit-for-tat thing. Look, I'll just say that her podcast to me sounds like a lot of victim mentality, a bit of pick-me behavior. But she did say... She knows she made a mistake. I mean, she can't deny that. She did sleep with someone else's husband. They also have a child, so you're kind of a homewrecker in my opinion.
Speaker 4: We should play Samba Homewrecker.
Speaker 2: No, we could just play a bit of her podcast where she was asked the same question about if they were swinging, and this is how she decided to answer.
Speaker 1: I think, like I said, there was a lot of context that people don't know, but I think due to respect of the other people involved, I obviously can't talk about their past, private lives.
Speaker 4: She doesn't give much.
Speaker 2: She just keeps dancing around it, doesn't she? And like out of respect at other people. And she keeps talking about this alleged context. In what context or situation is it okay to sleep with a married man?
Speaker 4: I don't know if she explained herself properly.
Speaker 5: We'd know.
Speaker 4: What about swinging butt? Well, let's say they were. Hypothetically, they were all swinging.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: You and Kane get.
Speaker 9: A bit bored.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 15: Never?
Speaker 7: Never.
Speaker 15: Sean?
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 4: Would you get into it?
Speaker 7: I'm far too jealous.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also the idea, the thought of me being with someone else is gross to me.
Speaker 4: Oh, wow. You're that in love with him. The thought of you being with someone else.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ever sleep with anyone else again.
Speaker 5: Oh, that is sweet.
Speaker 7: Oh, why do you guys not have that feeling?
Speaker 5: Not me. You wait.
Speaker 7: Wait, which one?
Speaker 5: No, I've found my person.
Speaker 7: So does the thought of sleeping with someone else make you sick?
Speaker 5: It doesn't make me sick.
Speaker 7: Not sick, but like feel gross.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's a no.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, I'm not going to, like, I don't know. Oh, no.
Speaker 7: Oh, Mike E., what about you?
Speaker 8: The sheer thought of bedding another woman makes me violently ill. Explosive diarrhea and vomit.
Speaker 15: I am.
Speaker 4: I need to be hospitalised.
Speaker 7: You're that ill at the thought.
Speaker 4: Just the thought of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 8: Thousands up for grabs with our pop queers every morning at seven and eight.
Speaker 4: Let's do one now.
Speaker 7: Ellie is going to be playing. Ellie out of Melbourne. Good morning.
Speaker 19: Morning, honey.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 7: Now, what do you want the money for, Ellie?
Speaker 20: I want to go see my sisters.
Speaker 11: They're in Perth with my nieces.
Speaker 7: I've never been to Perth, but I've heard it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 20: It is very pretty.
Speaker 7: Pretty beaches.
Speaker 13: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Huge beaches as well.
Speaker 2: It's just like so far, because we're obviously on the East Coast, that I'm like, by the time I go to Perth, I may as well just go.
Speaker 4: Well, you might as well go to Bali.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Which is not far from.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Or do both.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 7: Well, let's hope we can get you some cash this morning.
Speaker 2: Best of luck, Ellie. Question number one. Which brand makes the Samsung Galaxy phone? Who's older, Bindi Irwin or Robert Irwin?
Speaker 3: Bindi.
Speaker 2: According to Sabrina Carpenter's hit House Tour, how many floors.
Speaker 7: Does she have?
Speaker 17: Three.
Speaker 2: Who's the current host of A Current Affair?
Speaker 5: Pass.
Speaker 7: Finish these Drake lyrics.
Speaker 2: You used to call me on my cell phone late night when you need my.
Speaker 7: Love.
Speaker 2: Dope is a famous catchphrase from which Simpsons character?
Speaker 20: Homer Simpson.
Speaker 7: Dolly Parton was the godmother to which celebrity?
Speaker 20: Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 2: What is Taylor Lautner's wife's name?
Speaker 20: Tay Lautner.
Speaker 2: Which major sporting grand final takes place in September?
Speaker 20: AFL grand final.
Speaker 2: Who released the album Wild Child today?
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Pass.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go back to who's the current host of A Current Affair?
Speaker 21: Um.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 20: Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 1: Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 7: And who released the album? Oh, my God. You were so close. I really wanted you to get there. You got eight out of ten.
Speaker 8: And, you know, the funny thing is two of those answers. that she couldn't get are appearing on the show today. Well, not Ali Langdon, but Tracy Grimshaw is what you said, but it's Ali Langdon. Well, that's a different show, so it's not really.
Speaker 4: But Tracy used to host A Current Affair.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, okay, tenuous link. But yes, no, the current host of A Current Affair is Ali Langdon and the album Wildchild is Alex Warren.
Speaker 8: Who is on the show after eight in the country right now. And yeah, Tracy Grimshaw coming up as well.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, you were so bloody close.
Speaker 13: Oh, thanks, guys.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, no Perth for you.
Speaker 7: No, she can still go. She has to pay.
Speaker 2: Mikey, have you ever heard of something called a flirting coach?
Speaker 8: Oh, is that you flirting with me right now?
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 7: So maybe you need to see one.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're about to chat to Lizzie Lang. So she's a flirting coach out of the UK. And how she got into this is basically she saw a flirting coach herself and then after success with that decided to be one.
Speaker 4: I didn't realise there were so many. Lizzie, welcome along, you big flirt.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 14: Hi, thank you so much for having me on the show.
Speaker 2: So tell us about when you started seeing a flirting coach. What made you think, I need to up my game here and get better flirting skills?
Speaker 14: Well, I had been on the dating apps for so long. And I just wasn't getting any results. It was exhausting. I was wasting my time, my life. You know, I was swiping and going on having to come home and get changed and go out again and repeat. And then one day I went on another day, the last day, and I thought to myself. The definition of madness, Einstein said, was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So I was like, there has to be a better way.
Speaker 2: So is this how you met your now husband, Owen, from the skills that you learned from seeing that flirting coach?
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 14: However, he approached me in the end. I was in the bar doing my flirting skills. with tips and tricks. But I was taught by my coach how to present myself at the bar to be approachable.
Speaker 4: Well, how is that? How does a woman, if a woman.
Speaker 2: Is open to meeting someone new and then... out, what should they be doing?
Speaker 14: They should be centre of the room, not hiding in a corner, not on their phone. Looking approachable, friendly, because guys are a little bit nervous to approach women.
Speaker 5: Oh, we are.
Speaker 4: They don't want to be rebuffed. Do you flick your hair and, like, twirl gum in your mouth?
Speaker 7: And bat your eyelashes.
Speaker 5: Is that a thing?
Speaker 8: Like, hey, babe.
Speaker 2: You smile.
Speaker 14: You have an open posture.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 14: So you don't have your hands crossed. You're not looking down at your phone. You're open, you're facing into the centre.
Speaker 5: Of the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, looking like. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I want to kind of get from you, what are your top tips when it comes to, okay, the woman has the man next to her, they're engaging in conversation, what should she be saying or doing?
Speaker 7: How should she flirt?
Speaker 11: Touch.
Speaker 20: Oh.
Speaker 14: So a gentle touch of the hand. Oh, the back.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The lower back, upper back?
Speaker 7: Where are we talking? We need specifics, Lizzie.
Speaker 14: Well, if you're getting up to go to the loo or go and get a drink, you just touch them on the shoulder or on the lower back. Or if you're laughing, you can reach over and go, ha, ha, ha, and just touch their arm.
Speaker 8: I've had that so many times, so I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: And what are the common mistakes that people are making when they're trying to flirt?
Speaker 7: What are things people should avoid?
Speaker 14: You need to ask open-ended questions. So some people think they're conversing, but they're actually just making statements.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 14: And the other person then might not know how to answer. The best question to ask is what's... What do you think of? So what do you think of this bar? And you use the place where you are as a prop. What do you think of this cocktail? What cocktail would you recommend?
Speaker 2: As opposed to, do you like this cocktail?
Speaker 7: Where really that's all you're asking for is, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: Now we've got our own Jackson.
Speaker 8: He hit the streets to ask Aussies for their pickup lines. I don't know whether a flirting coach likes pickup lines, but we wanted to throw a.
Speaker 11: Few at you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, before we get to the pickup lines, what are your thoughts on them?
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 14: My husband's pick-up line was, tonight you met a cheeky Australian.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: So you're married to an Australian.
Speaker 5: I am, yes.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe some of these pick-up lines will have you swooning then. Let's get into the first one. We asked, what do you call a girl that you've just met? And this is what this person said.
Speaker 15: A sugarplum.
Speaker 4: A princess. Probably beautiful.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Their name.
Speaker 9: A shorty man.
Speaker 4: I call her a shorty man, you know. Baby, beautiful. Baby, my princess, my girl.
Speaker 9: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: I just call her by her first name.
Speaker 5: Honey.
Speaker 4: Okay, baby. There's a lot of baby there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and there was a lot of beautiful.
Speaker 2: So what do you think you should be calling someone that you've just met to let them know, like, you know, you're interested?
Speaker 14: Oh, that's a good one. I don't know. If you just met them, you want to play it a little bit cool, don't you? I would call them by their name.
Speaker 4: Okay, we then asked, what is your best pick-up line? Have a listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure why I'm picking up the guy.
Speaker 7: That's the guy's job.
Speaker 9: Your hand looks heavy. Can I hold it for you?
Speaker 5: If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cute cumber.
Speaker 9: Hey, shorty, man.
Speaker 4: What are you doing, man? You're so fine, man. You're the funniest shorty I've ever seen, man.
Speaker 7: Can you get on my line?
Speaker 2: Oh!
Speaker 4: Are you from Japan? Because I want to see your panties.
Speaker 7: Are you from Tennessee? Because I want to see your panties.
Speaker 4: I just slipped on my knees falling for you. There's a lot of panties there. What do you think, Lizzie?
Speaker 14: Well, I always think a sense of humour is a winner. So if you can make a girl laugh, then I think you're in.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: We asked the boys, what's the best move that you use to get a girl?
Speaker 7: And this is what they said.
Speaker 4: Buy him a drink.
Speaker 9: Vodka Red Bull.
Speaker 4: Probably buy her a drink.
Speaker 5: Buy her a drink.
Speaker 9: Buy her a drink, man.
Speaker 15: On the first date, you know, always knock on the door and never get them to come down and text them or anything.
Speaker 4: And I'll say hi to the mum.
Speaker 7: Be touchy, flirt a lot.
Speaker 4: Put your hand around her.
Speaker 15: Drive to her house, you know, I'll open up the door for her and I'll give her.
Speaker 7: A nice bunch of flowers.
Speaker 2: Maybe just stop talking, keep his mouth shut.
Speaker 21: Oh!
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 4: Any you like in there? I mean, a bit keen buying flowers on day number one.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people said buy her a drink. And then the one that I really liked was if you're picking her up, go to the door.
Speaker 4: I like that. Yeah, don't just text. I'm out the front. What do you think, Lizzie?
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 14: However, I think if it was a stranger, I don't want a stranger hovering by my door.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 8: Now, interestingly, you were talking about being in the bar and waiting for a man to come up to you. So we asked, what's the best thing a girl can do to pick up a guy?
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 9: Make eye contact.
Speaker 2: Just go up to them, be confident.
Speaker 7: Ask for his number.
Speaker 15: A subtle touch to the arm or something. Whisper some freaky stuff in my ear. I'd say, honestly, I don't get, I feel like girls don't do enough anymore. So I feel like I'd like to get a drink bought for me once in a while.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's their time.
Speaker 9: Maybe give him a hug.
Speaker 4: What do you think? Can you buy a man a drink or is that a no-no?
Speaker 14: I think that's quite a bold move.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: But yeah, it is a bold move.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I do like it, but I probably just hover and be like, that's a nice drink. Or what would you recommend and see if they offered, but yeah, I don't see why not.
Speaker 7: So you're just standing there all night going, Oh God, I'm thirsty. And it's just not picking up on any of the cues. Oh, that'd be nice to have a drink.
Speaker 8: It's really interesting stuff. You can follow Lizzie on Instagram. It's I am Lizzie Lang. Thank you for joining us so much Lizzie.
Speaker 2: Thank you Lizzie.
Speaker 14: That was so much fun. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's take your calls. Have you got a pick-up line? I want to hear some awful ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hear if there's any good pick-up line where I'm actually like, that would.
Speaker 7: Work on me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, 131065, do these even work?
Speaker 4: Have you got a good pick-up line?
Speaker 8: Let's take your calls about that up next, all right?
Speaker 4: Eminem playing now here on KISS. We just had this flirting coach on, right?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a coach for bloody everything.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: But basically her two big pieces of advice were touch is very important and also when you're out in a room, make sure you look approachable. So no phone in your hand. Just be standing there and open, ready for people to approach you. The other thing, though, she said is she didn't mind a pick-up line because her husband actually used a kind of pick-up line on her.
Speaker 7: So if you got a good one, it may actually still work. So we thought.
Speaker 2: 131065, do you have a good pickup line that you say works every time?
Speaker 4: Here's Archie. Hey, man, what's your pickup line?
Speaker 9: Hey, it is.
Speaker 13: Are you a Wi-Fi router? Because I'm feeling a really strong connection.
Speaker 7: I don't know about that one, Archie. Has it worked for you before?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: Would you say you're an attractive guy in general?
Speaker 20: Oh, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 7: Are you good with the ladies normally, though?
Speaker 19: I think the pick-up line's so good.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 7: Do you think it just maybe breaks the ice a little bit? Exactly, yeah. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's less about what they're saying and more about just coming in with confidence.
Speaker 7: Confidence, exactly.
Speaker 4: Paul, let's see yours. Hello, Paul.
Speaker 11: How are you going?
Speaker 21: Good.
Speaker 4: Go for it, man. What's your pick-up line?
Speaker 11: Is your dad a mechanic?
Speaker 13: Because you are a machine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 8: Is that a sound effect?
Speaker 2: That worked on you more than it worked on me. Look, it depends on the setting. That feels like a nightclub pick-up line to me.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, a lot of them are. Wally, hey, Wally, you're on air.
Speaker 9: Wally.
Speaker 19: Yes, mate, how you going?
Speaker 9: Yeah, good.
Speaker 4: What's your pick-up line?
Speaker 20: Are you on Spotify?
Speaker 2: Because you're listed as the hottest single.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 7: I hate all of these.
Speaker 8: Jennifer, go on. Let's get a chick one. I didn't know women needed to do this, but go on.
Speaker 19: This is actually my son who's 10 years old. It's a bit sleazy, but he always says, is there a shovel in your pocket? Because I'm digging that ass.
Speaker 7: Why is that my favourite one so far?
Speaker 2: And it's from your 10-year-old son.
Speaker 7: Why is he using pick-up lines? Where do you hear that?
Speaker 19: He says it to our family. He's not allowed to say it anymore. I don't know where he got it from. But I always think about it because it's so funny. I think it will work for him in the future because he's.
Speaker 2: A funny kid.
Speaker 19: He's funny.
Speaker 2: Did you start saying he's been saying it to family members?
Speaker 19: Yeah, like he said it to me and to my brother and he tells my mum. He just finds it so funny.
Speaker 2: He obviously doesn't really know what it means, but because everyone laughs every time he says it, he's like, oh yeah, I'm a comedian.
Speaker 4: He's a cheeky little bugger.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: But I reckon that'll work.
Speaker 8: The ladies will like him when he's older because he's got some cheek in him. All right, Sebastian, what's yours?
Speaker 7: Mine is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mine is, you are what you eat.
Speaker 9: And by tonight, I plan to be you.
Speaker 8: The boys in the background are having a laugh, though.
Speaker 4: At least they're laughing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nah, that one's a hard pass for me.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Sean. Let's go to Nat. What have you got in celebrity news?
Speaker 2: Remember back in 2023 how Jamie Foxx had that mysterious illness and he was in hospital and no one kind of knew what was happening?
Speaker 7: We've since found out.
Speaker 2: He suffered a medical emergency that led to a brain bleed, which eventuated into a stroke. And he was filming that movie back in action at the time with Cameron Diaz. Apparently it started with a headache and then he was getting blackouts and things like that. He suffered about 20 days of memory loss. And when he woke up, he couldn't even walk.
Speaker 7: That's how bad it was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now he's spoken out about that experience and how he leaned on comedy to get through it. Take a listen.
Speaker 22: The parts I do remember, like the rehab part was frustrating because I'm like, they say.
Speaker 5: You got a second chance.
Speaker 22: I said, f * * * the second chance. What was wrong with my first chance? This doesn't happen to anybody.
Speaker 9: How does it happen to me?
Speaker 5: It's a funny f * * * though. Like, Yeah, they.
Speaker 22: Couldn't do wellness checks on me because I only had comedy to lean on.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was just funny.
Speaker 22: I was always joking all the time. So when they come and say, who are you today, sir? And I was somebody different.
Speaker 5: Who are you today? Damn, it's crazy. I'm Diap Chappelle.
Speaker 22: Somebody said I had a stroke.
Speaker 4: Pow, damn.
Speaker 2: Crazy it seems like at the start he kind of was just sitting there and like that self-pity you know how some people when bad things happen i'm a bit of a wallower like i sit there and i like what did i do.
Speaker 4: To deserve this and all that i'm like that but i actually i.
Speaker 2: Don't know this is going to be a bit deep of me but i saw something on instagram the other.
Speaker 7: Day was it a quote it's no it's i actually.
Speaker 2: Really it really resonated with me so i want to share it So if you put everyone's problems in the world into this ginormous hat, including your own.
Speaker 4: It's the biggest hat in the world.
Speaker 7: Biggest hat in the world. You wouldn't wear it.
Speaker 4: Let's not split hairs about what the hat looks like.
Speaker 7: It's a big purple hat with a bow on it. Like think of Willy Wonka's hat.
Speaker 4: But really big.
Speaker 2: But it's huge because on little slips of paper, it's got to have one for every person in the whole world.
Speaker 7: Anyway, we're taking away from the sentiment here.
Speaker 2: If everyone's problems in the world went into this hat, And you had the choice to either keep your own or lucky dip and pick someone else's out.
Speaker 7: Would you keep your own?
Speaker 4: Oh, but is it going to be some awful like problem? Exactly. Yeah, but it could also be some nepo baby's problem.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Daddy doesn't love me, but.
Speaker 5: I'm a billionaire.
Speaker 2: But it puts into perspective that sometimes your problems aren't actually the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going lucky dip. Did we like that?
Speaker 7: I thought that was good.
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Picture in this giant hat.
Speaker 7: I know, the giant Willy Wonka hat.
Speaker 2: Also, Kylie Jenner has got some pretty big boobies already. She's been pretty open with the fact that she got fake ones. Like, she doesn't try and convince us they're real. But on a new podcast, she said she still wouldn't mind getting them even bigger than they already are.
Speaker 7: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: I do want them bigger.
Speaker 11: I'm like, they need to be bigger and more gigantic.
Speaker 1: I want my tits to walk in before I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Is there a point where the boobs can be too big for you as a man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 8: And you're either like, I mean, the boob guy or not, but like they never quite look real, do they?
Speaker 7: Hers had done really well.
Speaker 2: And she actually went viral a few years ago because she revealed how she had hers done. And it was like half over the muscle, half under the muscle. And hers like here, look.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 7: Like they're not bolt-ons.
Speaker 4: No, they're kind of believable.
Speaker 7: But, I mean, she's got money for the best surgeon in the world.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then I don't know why she'd want to go any bigger than that because she's quite a small girl.
Speaker 7: You know when you see those girls?
Speaker 4: Like out of proportion.
Speaker 7: It looks ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think if you're a tiny girl and you were given tiny ta-tas from God, that's probably what suits you better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and your problem in the hat would be you think your boobs.
Speaker 5: Are too small.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 7: I actually wouldn't mind pulling that problem out of the hat.
Speaker 9: Alex Warren. Hello. Welcome to Australia. Well, welcome back to Australia.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 8: And you love it here. Have we got a special place in your heart? 17 weeks, number one for Ordinary.
Speaker 6: I think regardless of the charts, Australia's always just been the place. Growing up in a surf city, this was always somewhere I wanted to go. I say this in almost every interview. I used to put on an Australian accent everywhere I went growing up.
Speaker 9: Can I hear it?
Speaker 6: I used to tell everyone I was from Perth, and it was like a whole thing, and no, and all this stuff.
Speaker 9: It's actually really good.
Speaker 6: It's not bad, but it teeters on English sometimes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if it keeps going for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it keeps going.
Speaker 9: How did you perfect that? Do you know many Australians?
Speaker 6: I would literally, yeah, I grew up with a lot of Australians and surfing, so that was the biggest thing for us. I don't know why so many were in San Diego, but I have a lot of history with Australians.
Speaker 9: And have you surfed here or not?
Speaker 6: No, I will be this week, which I'm very stoked for. Before, I was only here for such a limited time, and it was a flight every single day. We played one show, flight, one show, flight. And now I'm here for six days straight. So I'm really excited to actually start. I'm doing a bunch of wave pool sessions.
Speaker 9: Right, okay.
Speaker 8: And is there anything apart from that that you're really looking forward to doing in Australia then?
Speaker 6: There's some spots. I'm really good friends with Rob Irwin. So Rob and I are going to do some stuff together, which I'm really excited to see him. He's just the sweetest man in the world.
Speaker 9: You're not afraid of the animals?
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 9: Does he bring a python around with him or anything like that?
Speaker 6: It's so nice to watch, and I'm just going to give my friend some glory here. Rob is such a, very much like his dad, or at least what I've been able to see on the internet and growing up with that series, but also on top of it, he's so caring of these animals that, like, I remember we did something together with an alligator, and he's, oh, look right here. And he's showing me everything about the alligator, and I was like... Dude, I selfishly love to watch him do what he does so well.
Speaker 9: That's good to know that you'll be hanging around him. So Ordinary, though, 17 weeks, number one.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 9: You've got an album that is coming out today, Wild Child. And now that is because your dad used to call you Wild Child.
Speaker 6: Is that right? Yeah, my dad used to call me Wild Child. Whenever he would look for me, I was either on a rooftop jumping off of it or trying to do flips off a lifeguard tower. I was always on something and doing flips off of it. I was like Benson Boone before he was conceived.
Speaker 9: You were a naughty boy then as a teenager.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: And so I was always causing a ruckus for sure.
Speaker 8: And then I hear that there is like a voicemail from your dad that is on the album.
Speaker 6: My dad's a huge part of the album actually. So he's actually credited a good amount on this thing. So my dad's favorite musician was John Mayer.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 6: And literally like this was his dream. He loved John so much. And I put John and my dad on the same song together.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 6: Because I thought that that was so special.
Speaker 8: Was that hard to do? You obviously have kept voicemails from your dad then.
Speaker 6: I think it was really healing. To be able to take something that you can't control, like cancer and loss, and be able to put your own beautiful spin on it is what I think will live forever. This song will be forever. People will be able to listen to this when I die. I think that that's something so powerful that this will be a part of my kids' lives and things like that. I can't really ask for more.
Speaker 8: And then a lot of people might not know, you know, you were homeless for a while there. Is it true you were eating, like, leftovers from the restaurant that you were working at?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and my wife got so mad at me when she found out, which rightfully so.
Speaker 9: But you've got to wait, right?
Speaker 6: Well, we, and I love that I'm friends with the owner of the restaurant, and I hope he doesn't see this, but when people wouldn't finish their food, I would cut off the ends and take it to go and bring it back to my wife so we could eat because I couldn't afford money.
Speaker 9: Sorry, I couldn't afford food.
Speaker 6: She didn't know that until I told her. She was like, how are you? These burritos are like $ 17. How are you buying this if we can't even afford a place to stay? And I told her and she was like, so you are not doing that anymore. So I would do it and then I would buy her a burrito and bring it to her.
Speaker 18: Right.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 9: But it was always cut off. So you weren't eating anyone's, you know.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's fine.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Well, otherwise it was going to go in the bin, wasn't it?
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 6: I couldn't waste food while I couldn't afford it.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And talking of your wife, she's here in Australia with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she comes everywhere with me.
Speaker 8: Because you guys have been together a long time now. You're childhood sweethearts.
Speaker 3: Would you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, when we were 18 we met.
Speaker 9: On Snapchat, right?
Speaker 22: Yes.
Speaker 9: Would you advise anyone who's single to pick up on Snapchat? I mean, it works for you.
Speaker 6: I think that I got really lucky. I got really lucky at the time.
Speaker 9: Do you remember how you did it? Like what happened?
Speaker 6: My friend moved to Hawaii and they were staying together and I had texted this friend and been like, wow, this girl is the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my life. And it was a photo of my wife sleeping. And the fact that I like, she was like, that's funny because my wife thinks that's the most horrible picture of her ever.
Speaker 9: A lot of women don't like the photo.
Speaker 6: But I thought it was the most beautiful picture ever I've ever seen. So we started talking because I slid up on it. It's like sliding into someone's dams.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then it went from there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and now she's my wife and we've been together for eight years.
Speaker 9: And Ordinary is all about her, yeah?
Speaker 6: All my songs that are love songs are about her. I have plenty of them.
Speaker 9: All of them? Okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: Everything I've ever written is either about my dead parents or my wife.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay.
Speaker 6: I'm a two-trick pony, man.
Speaker 8: How much has your life changed since something like Ordinary came out then?
Speaker 6: Oh my God, exponentially. I truly think that You know, where I am today and the rooms that I'm playing and any chances of charting on any of my music is because of that one song. And I think that's what it takes nowadays. You need one song or something.
Speaker 9: And then it goes off, yeah.
Speaker 6: I think so. And I think obviously you need a great discography. I think a lot of my records after start doing really well because people found me from that one song. So it's crazy for any musicians out there, too. I just feel like it can happen to anyone.
Speaker 8: And talking of tonight, concert, and you're going to stream it live on TikTok.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So does that mean anyone that had tickets, they don't need to come now? They can just sit at home with their phone?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess so. I don't know how much of an experience that would be, but I think you could. I think it's more for the people who, I think this album is a huge deal for me, and I also think it's a huge deal for everyone who is interested in it, obviously, and to be able to come to my show which right now seems almost impossible if it's selling out which is such a great problem obviously um but for people to be able to watch you aren't able to make it um it would make me really happy for them to see it so i'm streaming it.
Speaker 9: How do you feel when people are holding up their phones during your concerts does it bother you are you like can you just pay attention and watch um.
Speaker 6: I think there's a moment during the show where i asked them to put them down but i think that's more just to be able to be in the moment with everyone around them i actually don't mind it i think that obviously having it up the entire show is one thing, but most people are pretty like, oh, my favorite song, let me get this moment. And I think, again, in today's concert world where you can't, not everyone can afford to go to a show, I think it's really cool that someone's able to film that experience for maybe like, like I have an aunt who is in Mexico who can't really come to the States or can't go to a lot of places. To be able to film a concert of her favorite artist and be able to send her that footage is really something special. So I put myself in their shoes.
Speaker 9: Well, tonight they're going to be able to watch you if they're not there. What about you?
Speaker 8: I mean, you got a big start from social media.
Speaker 9: How are you with keeping off your phone?
Speaker 8: Are you in between these interviews here? Are you going to jump on there? Is your screen time really bad or have you got some boundaries?
Speaker 6: When I'm not on tour, I throw my phone away. You throw it away. Like I don't go on it. Like I literally chuck it on my couch and I don't go back to it for like a week, which drives my team crazy. That can't reach you. Well, all I do is just go surf. Like i literally that's all i do um but yeah no i think that on tour it's so easy to pick up and you have so much hurry up and wait and i think people realize how much waiting there is until the show and so we try to fill our time with surfing or going to go see landmarks or zoos and stuff like that and so yeah i do catch myself going on it a.
Speaker 9: Lot Yeah, it's hard to beat that addiction, isn't it?
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 6: Well, it's not. I can throw it away when I'm not on tour.
Speaker 9: Alex Warren, mate, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Enjoy your time in Australia.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 9: And thank you for coming here.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, man. I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 8: Let's do our pop quiz where you can win thousands every day.
Speaker 4: Andrew is on to play. Good morning, Andrew. Andrew, your silence will only incriminate you further.
Speaker 7: All right. You miss out. Let's get someone else over. Bye, Andrew. Sorry. Let's speak to Sam. Hey, Sam.
Speaker 21: Hi.
Speaker 12: How are you going, guys?
Speaker 2: Oh, you just got in there because Andrew's phone sucks. You now have a chance at $ 1, 000. What are you going to spend the money on?
Speaker 19: I'm probably going to take some time to relax.
Speaker 20: I'm working full-time and studying full-time, so I need a bit of a brain break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 7: Let's do this. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 13: Yep, ready.
Speaker 4: Good luck, doll.
Speaker 2: Question number one. What letter is on the Kmart logo? K. How many members were in the children's musical group High Five?
Speaker 8: Five.
Speaker 7: In which city would you find the Eiffel Tower?
Speaker 5: Paris.
Speaker 2: When talking about the MTV VMAs, what does VMA stand for?
Speaker 14: VMA Park.
Speaker 7: Which Hogwarts house is Harry Potter in?
Speaker 13: Gryffindor.
Speaker 2: Name a movie starring Tiffany Haddish.
Speaker 9: Pass.
Speaker 11: Pass.
Speaker 8: Pass.
Speaker 7: 20,000.
Speaker 3: Else.
Speaker 2: Which artist just announced they're coming to Australia on the Romantic Tour?
Speaker 13: Bruno Mars.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to what the VMA stands for.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 20: Music Video Academy Awards.
Speaker 5: Video Music Awards.
Speaker 7: You were close.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately, even with that correct, it would have been eight. So you got seven out of ten. It's the MTV Video Music Awards. Movies with Tiffany Haddish. You could have said Girls Trip, Night School, Bad Trip. Loves a trip movie. Haunted Mansion, The Secret Life of Pets. And then On Purpose is On Purpose with Jay Shetty.
Speaker 4: Man, so close, so close. Let's do it again Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more chance to win thousands of bucks Monday morning from 6 a.m.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 8: Got to remind you of the day. So it is Friday. And how much does filling up petrol suck?
Speaker 4: It's like the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 7: It's actually like one of my most hated jobs.
Speaker 4: I'd pay someone just to do it.
Speaker 2: I wish we had what they have in America, or they don't even really anymore, but the petrol pump people.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, they used to. Even down the.
Speaker 8: Coast, there was a servo for a while there that still had it.
Speaker 9: You'd pull up.
Speaker 8: This old man had come out. He was about to die. It was getting a bit pathetic. And he'd fill it up for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you'd just sit there.
Speaker 7: It's just so boring.
Speaker 12: Mm.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it is and it shows how short our attention spans are that we can't even feel it.
Speaker 7: It takes three minutes.
Speaker 4: You're not even meant to play on your phone while you're doing it. Oh, yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 9: Do you?
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 8: Mine's plugged in for the Apple CarPlay or whatever. I don't want to take it out.
Speaker 2: Cain pulls up and he leaves his car on and takes his phone out there. And fills up petrol with it on. Yeah, and I make him turn it off and get off his phone. But when I'm not with him, he's 100% doing that.
Speaker 8: Can you fill your car up with it on? I thought that was illegal or, like, dangerous.
Speaker 7: Go find him.
Speaker 17: Arrest him.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of anyone doing that.
Speaker 4: No, but I thought it would blow up or something.
Speaker 7: I think it's only the risk if you've got a leak or something.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 7: Or the car's too hot.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know. But I've seen him do it, and I tell him not to when I'm in the car.
Speaker 4: But God knows what I'm doing.
Speaker 7: He's definitely always on his phone.
Speaker 10: Always.
Speaker 4: Car's on, and he's smoking a Cuban cigar.
Speaker 15: Mental.
Speaker 7: Yes, and he's doused himself in petrol.
Speaker 4: So, look, they've done a study. Because going to the servo sucks, we'd all agree. But one of the most.
Speaker 8: Annoying things when you are filling up petrol, 28%. People hate this. When you pull up at the pump, I do this. But you're not actually buying fuel. You're just going in to do other things.
Speaker 7: Oh, no, you can't.
Speaker 2: You only pull up at the, no, there's spots at the front for that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll just pull up next to it. Like, you're not going to be that long. You're not doing a full grocery shop in the servo.
Speaker 2: Oh, some people make a coffee at the back and then peruse the aisles. Is this on the list? Because this is my pet peeve. When they pull up at the back pump and not the front pump.
Speaker 4: Yes, I agree with that. Go to the front.
Speaker 2: Always go to the front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's room for people.
Speaker 2: Or people that reverse and then go the other way because they didn't want to wait and their pump is clearly on the other side, but they're on yours.
Speaker 8: And they're dragging the hose across the car.
Speaker 7: They're scratching the roof of their car.
Speaker 5: Here's another one.
Speaker 8: Well, on that, a quarter of people can't stand it when people move their car forward.
Speaker 4: Too slowly.
Speaker 11: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 7: You filled it up.
Speaker 4: Get out of there.
Speaker 2: But same rule applies if you're at the shops and you can see that I've been driving around for 15 minutes trying to find a car spot. You're back at your car. You're loading it in like with your shopping or whatever. Get out of there as quickly as possible, you rude dog.
Speaker 4: Yes, especially if you're at the back pump and you're not letting someone get into the frame.
Speaker 2: Oh, like I know you might want to like make it quickly send a text message.
Speaker 7: Do it in your own time.
Speaker 4: We're all busy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, I see the phones are going off.
Speaker 8: Are people calling in about filling up with your engine turned on?
Speaker 4: Is that what's happening out there?
Speaker 8: They also want Bruno Mars tickets because people haven't got the memo that it's actually happening on Monday and we're not giving them away yet.
Speaker 7: Just impromptu throwing the calls. I think one of the calls is Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 4: Tracy, good morning.
Speaker 7: She's there talking to her.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to her next. This normally happens back end.
Speaker 7: He's just sometimes.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 8: I just wanted to know about the fuel. I wanted to know if you can.
Speaker 2: We never asked anyone to call. They can Google. Hey, Alec, the pom, could you please Google exactly these words? When filling up petrol, is it, are you with me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, following.
Speaker 2: Is it illegal to leave the car on? I have already looked into this.
Speaker 5: Dial up.
Speaker 10: It is generally not a specific traffic crime to leave your engine running while filling up with petrol, but it is a major safety violation, and this bit's in bold, against servo rules.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's breaking it. Arrest him. He's breaking servo rules.
Speaker 4: But it's not dangerous.
Speaker 7: No, it said it's a major safety concern. You took the wrong thing out of that message.
Speaker 5: It's not illegal, but you just shouldn't do it.
Speaker 7: It's frowned upon, if you will.
Speaker 8: Your fiancé, he's got a bloody child. He's expecting a child. He needs to turn the car off when he's filling up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I already told him none of that behaviour if he's got the child in the car.
Speaker 4: Oh, nah.
Speaker 8: I bet there's a whole bunch of other things you can't do once a baby comes along, yeah?
Speaker 9: You've been strict.
Speaker 2: Not really, no.
Speaker 7: I think I could be stricter, if anything.
Speaker 4: Well, what about Tracy Grimshaw? Should we chat to her next?
Speaker 7: Is she ready?
Speaker 2: She will be after this.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 4: Should we play a song first then? It's what we usually do.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, Steve-o. Our CEO's out there.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve-o.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he fills his car up with his engine on. We'll have to ask him.
Speaker 7: We'll find out and then we'll tell you after the break.
Speaker 8: Tracy Grimshaw is joining us live on air right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's a special 60 Minutes episode airing this Sunday where Tracy will speak to Leah Stewart. She's the young mum that was mauled by a suspected 3.5 metre great white shark back in June at Coogee Beach in Sydney. Now, she was swimming between the flags when it happened as well. So she suffered multiple bites to her arms and legs. She was placed in an induced coma and had several surgeries and ended up having to have one of her arms amputated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Tracey sits down with her in a special and we're going to chat about it right now. Good morning, Tracey.
Speaker 20: Morning, Mike.
Speaker 11: Morning, Matt.
Speaker 13: Hello.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, this is the first time she has spoken to the public. How is she going? Because it's been a horrible experience.
Speaker 11: Awful. Look, she's a remarkable girl. She has been through the worst, most catastrophic events that we could all imagine, of course. She's got a few bumps ahead of her. Obviously, she's lost her arm. She's lost her arm below her elbow. She's lost a massive chunk of her left side, basically the entire, the shark bit her left thigh and took the entire outside muscle out which obviously that's gone so she's had to learn to walk again using a different set of muscles on that leg um the skin graft hasn't taken so she may need more surgery she has to wear a pump to try and you know, pull that skin together. So, you know, it's not plain sailing. There's no question about that, but she's trying to look on the bright side. She's a very resilient girl. Okay.
Speaker 8: Now look, I was actually in the, not that beach, but I was swimming around that same time. I swim a lot. I love my ocean swims. Does she talk about the moment? Because from memory, they were only about 30 meters off Coogee beach. Does she relive the moment that the shark came up?
Speaker 11: Yeah, she does. She remembers everything. It's extraordinary. Normally people who have a big trauma, you know, I think there's something about self-preservation in the body that wipes your memory. It's not blacked out for her. She remembers every single chilling minute of it. And she will tell you that on Sunday night. I mean, look, any, it was very close to shore you know she broke none of the rules on the day she loves swimming and she swims across Coogee Bay or she used to swim across Coogee Bay pretty regularly but she was always mindful of sharks you know she would always swim close to shore and only on a clear day. And it was the middle of the day. It wasn't dawn or dusk, all of those things that we're told. you know, dodgy times to swim, you know, in terms of shark activity. She didn't break any of the rules. But, you know, clearly the shark broke the rules. I guess the shark didn't read the press release.
Speaker 2: I mean, going to the beach and having a swim is kind of part of Aussie culture. And obviously something horrific has happened to her. But did she talk to you about whether or not she's happy to go in the ocean and have a swim ever again? Or has that kind of turned her off something that she loved for life?
Speaker 11: She's a long way off being able to go in the ocean again. She can't have a shower now without wrapping her leg in plastic because the skin graft hasn't healed. But, you know, looking into the future, I think that she will swim again. And I think that she, you know, I think she probably thinks that she would like to go in the ocean again. I think she's a way off that. Honestly, in terms of reality, she's a way off doing that. But I think her plan is that she would like to get back there again. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And over your career, Tracey, you've reported on some pretty amazing and unbelievable stories. Is Leah's story up there with one of the most traumatic and impactful that you've done?
Speaker 11: It is definitely, it is an epic story of survival. And I've done, you know, I also spoke with the Beaconsfield miners, you know, from Launceston. And that was another epic story of survival under radically different circumstances, of course. I think when you talk to someone who's been through a catastrophic event in their lives, you learn something. You learn something about human resilience. You learn something about human nature. And every story teaches you something different. This story, you know, well, I think in a lot of them, you learn that it takes a village. And in Leah's case, it was a village of people who saved her on that day. She would have died multiple times. on that day without human intervention, starting with her own in the moment of the attack and the decisions that she made and the fight she put up. But then, you know, she had a world champion paddleboarder a few metres away, Charlie Bercow, paddled into bloodstained water and pulled her up.
Speaker 7: I know, what a hero.
Speaker 18: Extraordinary.
Speaker 11: And then an extraordinary ambulance, high-level ambulance doctor, emergency doctor, who happened to be on the beach buying his kids a milkshake before he you know, his daughter's dance class, who took control of everything on the beach and drilled into the bones of her shoulder to get, you know, blood and fluid into her bone marrow because her veins had collapsed. I mean, what are the chances of him being on the beach when this happens?
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 8: It is just an incredible story. We will be watching. So 60 Minutes special. It's airing on Sunday, the 30th. So this Sunday, Channel 9 and 9 Now. It'll also be available on Stan from Monday. Tracey Grimshaw, an incredible story. Thank you for coming on.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Tracey.
Speaker 20: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Good to talk with you.
Speaker 9: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll be watching that on Sunday night. Now, what is it, half past eight?
Speaker 8: We've still got some celeb news to come up with Nat and your last calls on 131065.
Speaker 4: It's Friday morning and you're on Kiss.
Speaker 2: You know Jennifer Garner, the actress? She was married to Ben Affleck for over 10 years. They've got three children together. Ended up getting divorced back in 2018 and then he, of course, famously went back.
Speaker 7: To Jennifer Lopez after that. Loves a Jennifer, Ben does. So like a lot of women.
Speaker 2: Jennifer felt the pressure to look after her kids when they were young, so she had to take a step back from work. But then when she was off work looking after her kids, as an actress, she started freaking out and panicking, thinking, how long am I actually going to be able to act for? If I take so much time off, I'm aging, I'm no longer relevant. So she spoke about that in a new interview.
Speaker 17: I panicked when I was first out of my marriage and realized I had taken such a step back in my work. Suddenly I realized, like, I don't know how long I'll be able to work. It's not this isn't a career that's like, hey, you're 60, you're 55, you're 43. Come on, let's let's pay you more than you've ever made.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 17: That's not been traditionally the role. And I was suddenly like, wait a minute, I have to. take care of myself. I have to take care of these kids.
Speaker 8: I mean, I suppose women in acting or whatever feel it anyway. Like, you take time out to do maternity leave.
Speaker 4: Us blokes don't even think about.
Speaker 13: It, right?
Speaker 7: It's the same in the music industry, though, as well.
Speaker 2: Like, have you noticed that as soon as any artist has a kid, their career just becomes less successful?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like people want to see them sort of young and hot and dancing around.
Speaker 2: And then I think it's just ingrained into the industry, even though people don't realise they're discriminating against someone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Subtly doing it.
Speaker 2: I wonder what will happen to someone At the scale of Taylor Swift when she eventually, because she's now married.
Speaker 4: As a kid, will her record career take a dive?
Speaker 7: But then again, you know what?
Speaker 2: When Adele had some of her biggest songs, she was a mother.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's... Different style of music.
Speaker 4: It is, right? And it's not like going after the teens or whatever?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she was releasing music for mature women.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's like never a dude thing, is it?
Speaker 7: No, you guys never have to worry.
Speaker 8: No, but there'll be heaps of like dudes, singers in rock bands and stuff, Sean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't happen. It's true. It's unfair, but that's the way it goes. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't like that it's unfair, but that's the way it goes.
Speaker 8: You can try and change it.
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 4: Can't fight the system.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going to try.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to be a working mum. So I'd like to think that I can do both.
Speaker 8: Yeah, have you thought through all the extreme details you're going to have.
Speaker 7: To go through?
Speaker 2: No, because I think you can't until you know what kind of baby you're going to have. Like I could have a very needy child, which could affect how long I need to take off work. It's all those things and it's so specific to everyone's individual situation.
Speaker 4: What's the agenda again?
Speaker 7: Not telling you. Give it a rest, mate. I'll tell you soon.
Speaker 5: I reckon you'll get it one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said I want to get it by the end of the show.
Speaker 2: I do have baby brain too, so it probably will happen.
Speaker 7: What's the gender?
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 4: You ask quickly. Gender of your kid?
Speaker 7: I'm not telling.
Speaker 5: Gender.
Speaker 2: Also, massive news yesterday that Bruno Mars is coming to Australia on the Romantic Tour. So he's going to be touring Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth in Feb and March of next year. And he caught up with Kiss's very own Smallsy and spoke about why he loves fans staying off their phones during his concerts.
Speaker 4: Oh, I agree with that. Here we go.
Speaker 12: For people who don't know, you would go into your show when you were doing the residency and people had to put their phones in a bag because... you wanted them to be present and in the moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And you walk away from.
Speaker 12: The show going, that was the best experience of my life. No distractions, just focused, squared in on stage.
Speaker 6: That means the world to me, Smallsy.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 21: I know how people feel about having their phones, but I feel like there's a magic effect that happens when you're immersed in a concert or experience that everyone is with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 21: You know, I feel like sometimes when the phones come out, it's like there's a separation.
Speaker 5: So being able to.
Speaker 21: Have these moments and feeling that is what.
Speaker 6: I do it for.
Speaker 8: Hey, the full interview is live now on the Smallsy Show podcast on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 4: I've got to say, I agree with him. Not Smallsy.
Speaker 8: Well, I agree with Smallsy on many things, but I agree. with Bruno Mars. Why do you go to a concert and film it? No one's watching your grainy crap story on Instagram.
Speaker 2: No, I think one story or you weren't there, whether that be a photo or a video.
Speaker 4: Do a photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I normally do a photo in all honesty. But then also when I've done that before because you do fall victim to it because you see other people or your favourite song comes on and you're like, oh, my God, and you film it or another one comes on and you're like, I forgot about this song. But I have never in my life watched any video back that I've ever recorded at a concert.
Speaker 8: Right, so you don't watch your own and I don't think anyone watches anyone's. If you're going to Alex Warren tonight, he's playing in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Phone down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put your phone down.
Speaker 8: No one wants to see your grainy Instagram story where we can barely hear it and there's bloody.
Speaker 7: Heads in front of you. And you're singing in the background and you sound like shit.
Speaker 2: Hey, Monday morning. Every single caller who gets on air with us is going to win tickets to see Bruno Mars on the romantic tour in our famous Kiss You Get A Series. So make sure that you are listening from 6 a.m. Monday morning and you'll be there. I've been to his concert, by the way. Best one I've ever been to.
Speaker 9: Well, there you go.
Speaker 4: And it could be you. I harmonize.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you've been singing all morning.
Speaker 4: Last calls now. All right, Chris, you're on air. Hello.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys. How's it going this morning?
Speaker 5: Good, man. Good, Chris.
Speaker 7: What did you want to say?
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 13: Okay, so you were talking about turning off your car when you're getting fuel and using your phone near the car. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Like, do you have to turn your car off? Because Nat's fiancé doesn't. And are you allowed to use your phone? Or is it like a wives' tale that the thing's going to blow up?
Speaker 13: Right. Okay, so when I was a console operator, I was a console operator for 15 years, I had a fuel safety book, which was about a half inch thick. So as far as I'm concerned, as soon as you come onto the forecourt, And I've actually noticed while I was working there, I noticed a lot of people lose 100 points of IQ when they drive onto the forecourt, which is a bit of a shame because not very many people have 100 points of IQ to lose.
Speaker 2: It's like when you say everyone at the airport acts like it's their first day on Earth. He must feel the same at the servo.
Speaker 13: Yes, and I mean, so as soon as you come onto the forecourt, you turn your car off. A lot of cars, a lot of trucks that I've actually driven, I'm in logistics now, but a lot of trucks that I've driven, you can't actually have the engine running because you need the key to open the cap to put the fuel in.
Speaker 8: But can you answer the question, is it bad and dangerous if the car is on while you're filling up with fuel?
Speaker 11: 100%.
Speaker 13: I won't authorise your pump if I know that your car's running or you're on the phone.
Speaker 4: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, because nowadays they basically have to always unlock the pump, not even just overnight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can shut it off.
Speaker 2: Remember it used to just be overnight when they weren't always in the servo itself?
Speaker 8: And what's the phone going to do? Like, what's wrong with me having a chat on the phone?
Speaker 13: They did this on Mythbusters. Did you notice on the Mythbusters channel, they had the phone inside this area. No one was touching it or anything, and they called it. Okay, so as soon as you touch your phone, you are creating a spark.
Speaker 19: Even if only tiny.
Speaker 13: When you're talking fuel vapour, you're sitting on tens of thousands of litres of motorised spirit. Have a guess what happens when you add a spark to that.
Speaker 4: It goes black.
Speaker 7: He sounds like Husey. He's so angry. Thank you, Chris. We appreciate your call.
Speaker 8: Shannon, you wanted to comment on servos too, yeah?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah. My father-in-law, he used to make me, when you fill up the potential, he would pull into the park before paying.
Speaker 4: Pull into the what?
Speaker 20: And then go into pay. Pull into the parking spot.
Speaker 4: Oh, what a good guy.
Speaker 8: Because we were saying one of the things that annoys people is you're too slow to move on from the pump.
Speaker 4: No one else can get in. So he would fill up, then he'd go pull into a car spot to pay.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 20: Yep, to pay in case somebody else wanted to use the pump. You know what?
Speaker 7: If it's really busy, everyone should do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a good guy. Although they'd probably think you're doing a runner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've noticed they think that.
Speaker 18: I've never been able to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't do it?
Speaker 20: No, I freak out because I'm like, no, they're thinking I'm driving away or something.
Speaker 4: They would think that.
Speaker 2: Because even when I have gotten back in the car before, because I'm like, oh, my wallet's like on the floor of the thing, I'll notice they always look out.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, you've got cameras everywhere. You're going to get me. I'm not that dumb.
Speaker 4: Has anyone ever filled up and just drove off because you forgot?
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 20: No.
Speaker 4: You could do.
Speaker 7: You know what I did?
Speaker 2: I did an accidental restaurant run the other day.
Speaker 4: Oh, you ate and laughed.
Speaker 2: So me and my partner were eating. We had breakfast and then we ran into a friend and stood up, started talking to him, blah, blah, blah, got distracted and went, all right, anyway, see ya, and just walked away.
Speaker 7: And then he called me and said, hey, you just did a runner. And I was like, oh, my God. He's like, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Don't come back. I'll pay and you transfer to me. And I'm like, I bet you that bastard took the credit and was like, I'll just pay for them.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He did not.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now I'm scared to go back there in case they think I did a proper runner.
Speaker 4: It could happen.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 8: That is it for the week. We're getting out of here tomorrow. It's Saturday.
Speaker 4: So enjoy the weekend.
Speaker 2: But Monday, every single caller on air wins tickets to Bruno Mars in our famous Kiss You Getter. series so make sure you are listening 6 to 9 a.m monday morning to get yourself tickets have a
Speaker 4: Good weekend then we'll see you monday goodbye