Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast last week Their Life Yeaday, guys, welcome back to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris and this year I've been unpacking some of the latest releases with my co host Brosevard, and we have been having a lot of fun doing this. But today I have a very special episode because I reached out to Adrian Chiarella, the writer and director of Leviticus. The film has become one of this year's most talked about Australian horror releases, premiering in sun Dance, where it sparked a bidding war, so to speak, before being picked up by Neon, the studio behind some of the most acclaimed independent films in the world. But Leviticus is much more than a horror film. It's a deeply personal coming of age story that explores identity, faith, fear, and the lasting impact of conversion practices wrapped inside an intensive, supernatural thriller. Sounds like a lot because it is, but it is amazing. It's emotional, it's quite confronting and beautifully crafted, and audiences around the world have connected with its powerful messages. In this conversation, Adrian opens up about his research behind preparing for this film, what it was like premiering at sun Dance, working with Joe Byrd, Mia, Wissi Kolska and the incredible cast, the symbolism behind the film's terrifying monster, and why Australian horror is enjoying one of its strongest.
Speaker 2: Creative periods in decades.
Speaker 1: This is one of those conversations that reminds you just how powerful cinema can be. So, guys, here is our chat with the writer and director of Leviticus. It's Adrian Chiarella. Congratulations, my friend, on this response to Leviticus. Like, I have been talking about a lot of horror films this year, and I feel like a lot of us are talking about tighter budgets and better storylines, and you're right at the forefront of people talking very positively about your film.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been a real It's been really nice to see people's reactions to the films and people reacting very personally to it as well. I think even though it's a kind of elevated, fanciful concept with this supernatural monster, that I think people will kind of get what the metaphor is, and I think people are having quite a personal connection to it, which is I mean, you can't ask for more as a filmmaker, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I mean it must feel like a bit of a journey as well, coming from Sundance. You know, you turn up at Sundance, which always seems like a dream for filmmakers, and then you get picked up by Neon. What was that whole Sundance experience like for you?
Speaker 3: It was just quite surreal, the whole thing.
Speaker 4: We had finished the film, like literally just days before we got on the plane, so no one had said I think I think the only person who saw it I think our post production supervisor said she showed her partner, and her partner was very.
Speaker 3: Moved by, like she secretly showed her.
Speaker 4: But no one else had seen it, and so I didn't really have a sense of like is this going to work or not? And so we screened it at midnight on the Friday, which is supposed to be like the big that's like that was a very good slot apparently. Yeah, when we got there, I remember I didn't really know, like I didn't know who the who the heads of the distributors are. I don't know how any of the people are over there, but my producer certainly did.
Speaker 3: And as soon as we got into this.
Speaker 4: Pact the act, she was like, everybody is here, like that person there's from age twenty four and there from ing on, and that person's from focus and so, you know, it was real sort of pressure. But I think as soon as it started, there's I mean, it's not really a spoiler, there's sort of like an opening kind of death scene, a sort of traditional horror cold open, and I could feel people and hear people reacting to that, and I thought, okay, okay, well we're going to be all right through this. I think, you know, American audiences, Sundance audiences in particular, they're very enthusiastic about genre films.
Speaker 3: So it was quite a nice way to kick things off.
Speaker 4: And then the rest of the festival was just this crazy blur of a circus of meeting with people and going into sort of like crowded parties, and yeah, it was it was crazy.
Speaker 5: Can we say bidding war? We'll say bidding war. You don't have to confirm more Ton, but we'll just get it out there. Hey what's going to happen?
Speaker 6: And I can't talk.
Speaker 4: About that, but I can tell you that, like be On people were very What surprised me is how much they connected with the film. Like I just thought they'd be business people who were just wanted to talk about numbers, but they really, I don't know, They've got all this stuff at the kind of like the queer history and culture that we were pointing to in little moments in the film and stuff, which is very cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you think the response from Sun Dance and then Neon specifically, does it just reinforce I guess, your creativity and what you want to make or is it just saying this is what audiences want anyway, and they're taking your art and saying, let's shell to the world because the world's ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it was quite encouraging, I think because it is a bit of a kooky idea and so for the whole the whole way through the process, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, is this even gonna work? So you keep that.
Speaker 4: Initial like that initial audience reaction from I think it's about three or f one hundred people they have in that theater, But just to get that initial reaction and then to have people actually, you know, be willing to put their money with their mouth this for it as well, you kind of go, okay, okay, this is actually something. It's actually a film that people will perhaps go to a movie theater and pay money to see, which is really cool. Like I think when you make independent films, you just don't know. You don't know if you're going to put all of his time and all of these years into something and then have it just sort of you know, pc by it seemed by maybe a few hundred people and then that's it. So yeah, it was. It was very very encouraging. It's still at the time, I still was sort of waiting. I was waiting for sort of I don't know, some reality to kick in. People are going to watch it a second time and go, oh no, it actually doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Adrian, I've been a good story for you.
Speaker 1: I was at the nov at like an eight thirty in the morning screening, and they were doing a screening in the cinema next door to Power Ballad. And I had a critic in the cinema and the wrong cinema. So I'm just going to tell you that the look on his face suggested he was turning up for Power Ballad and then he got the Viticars.
Speaker 2: He stayed and watched it and loved it.
Speaker 1: So look, you know, great, it permeates very quickly, like, yes, it is a horror and you do have that cold opening, but straight away you're like, this is more than standard horror, and I'm curious. I mean, this film is a coming of age story, it's a horror film. And then you are also probably educating people on the term leviticus. How have you been describing this film to people though?
Speaker 4: I mean, I like to describe it as a coming of age love story, Like that's what it is for me, first and foremost.
Speaker 3: It's always been that.
Speaker 4: And I sort of tapped into horror as a genre because it's what I loved when I was the same age as these characters who I was writing about when I was working on the script, and so the horror element, it sounds so weird, but it actually kind of emerged sort of organically through the whole process, I think, because you know, I made this film that seemed to have very heavy themes of homophobia in the story, and it was kind of like, as a filmmaker, how do you engage with fear? Will you go to the genre that's all about fear, which is horror, which luckily was something that I was always very passionate about. So that's kind of how I describe it, sort of first and foremost as this sort of love story between these two young men.
Speaker 5: The basis of the film, for You was based on stories you're reading conversion practices, which are horrible, horrible things.
Speaker 4: So it got a bit hooked on the idea of like exorcisms being performed on queer teenagers and that it was being done in lots of different cultures, not just Christianity. And I started asking myself about sort of what they're really doing, Like they claim they're something taking something out, but then the more I sort of looked into it, I was like, they're not. The reality is they're sort of putting something in. They're kind of really like leaving them with this sort of these scars when they do that. And so that's where the idea came from. And then there was another The other image that really stuck with me in the research was I spoke to someone who was actually from who had like, because I'm from I have Chinese heritage on my mom's side of my family, and I was speaking to someone who had twist parents and their towerst parents took them to this priest who like mind cutting the queerness off him like with a knife. Like there was like, uh yeah, anyway that that sort of stuff that and it just sort of made me think about, yeah, practices.
Speaker 3: That are just immediately traumatic.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you know when I first and almost feel like it's so weird when you're sharing something so personal about this particular take. But like when I was coming out, before I ever even experimented, I felt like something bad would happen to me if I did it. So it's such an interesting breeding ground for a conversation like this. And I don't know how you feel about this, but in some ways, I feel like the coming of age story almost supersedes the horror in this. And I was having a conversation with David Knox from TV Tonight, who also was reviewing it, and I was curious about how you balance horror with the queenness, Like I think that balance would be really difficult to put together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 4: I think it was really just that I knew that I'd landed on a premise that sort of would work, like the horror movie, the horror movie Monster. The entity and the rules around it seemed to mirror, as you're saying, a lot of the experiences that we go through at that stage in our lives. Even just the idea of, you know, if you're growing up queer and you you're attracted to someone, you have to know whether or not they actually identified that way as well, And it's just this doubly sort of it feels incredibly dangerous to express how you feel about someone else, and are they just going to hurt me if I tell them?
Speaker 3: And so that, you know, like all of that.
Speaker 4: Was tied into this sort of horror movie mythology as well.
Speaker 3: So I think it.
Speaker 4: Helped that I really kind of hit like I hit on something that I really believed in that I believed was kind of expressing what I was trying to say. But that consideration of tonally just balancing is are we too much in the horror?
Speaker 3: Are we too much in the queer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I've been telling a lot of people we had a much much longer first act to this film, and we didn't really get to that scene with Nicholas Hope and the deliverance heal and all that. We didn't really get to that till much later in the earlier cuts of the film, and you know, we had a much more complicated story between the two lead boys, just to sort of set everything up with them. But we realized what I actually realized when I shot the film and then when I got into the edit, is that Joe Burden, Stacy class and were such incredible actors and they had this incredible natural chemistry that I didn't need to spend a lot of time setting up the attraction between the two of them.
Speaker 3: It was aaron in those opening scenes.
Speaker 5: I think the way you handled the it's almost like the I don't know, the masculine kind of bullying, but teasing between the two of them.
Speaker 6: That whole build up is so good and.
Speaker 5: It feels realistic, and you're right, you don't need any extra words. Their physicality and their chemistry is just amazing. Setting up that well, you know, whether it goes one way or another, and we know which way it goes, it's just a beautiful way to do it right right.
Speaker 4: And we did have more overt scenes of the bullying involving other characters and all that sort of stuff, but it sort of.
Speaker 3: Took away from the heart. Yeah, so, yeah, is.
Speaker 1: It wrong for me to ask what, actually, can you give us a little bit more detail on what was put from the setup?
Speaker 4: A little bit more bullying from Ryan and Hunter, who's the character that's the pastor's son. There was a little bit more of that overtly going on, and then you sort of had that and that. But what it did is created this whole other mini arc that we had to go through because we had to see that. We had to see the boys sort of fight and have been this argument and then make up again and then he gets sort of betrayed by the past. So it was sort of like we had an extra mini movie within the film, and so it just sort of dragged on and on and on for a bit, and it was just a big ask of everyone. But they were very beautiful scenes. One day and people keep asking me to release them.
Speaker 3: Maybe one day.
Speaker 1: You know you've got a good movie. When people are already asking you for the director your cinemas, You're like, you know what.
Speaker 3: I have to say.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite favorite shots that I have in the entire shoot, my favorite shot that the entire shoot actually is in one of those deleted scenes. And so it is a big thing is a filmmaker, I have to you know, people told me, and I always thought it was just a philosophical, dumb you know, teachers thing that they tell you that you have to be prepared to lose your favorite scene or your favorite shot, And I really did have to cut my favorite shot to do it.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can feel that pain.
Speaker 5: So in this film that the monster's not just terrifying, like it's not just this incredible bad character that's you know, destroying people. It weaponizes love and attraction, which is amazing, and you build that between the two main characters and then the bad guy takes advantage of it. It's just fantastic, very unique. How long did you arrive that idea or did you start from there and build out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the concept was I mean sort of like I was saying before, I'd just been looking at different conversion therapy practices and when I had hit on this idea of like, okay, so well, I discovered this idea that exorcisms were performed on queer teenagers and that it's not really I think at first I was like, I'm going to do a queer version of the Exorcist, and which sounded like a cool thing, Like you go to parties and people are.
Speaker 3: Like, what are you working on?
Speaker 4: And you give you a little thirty second pitch and everyone's like, wow, that's so exciting. But then you go home and you sit in front of your computer and you're like, how am I actually going to ride that? And I started asking myself why does a queer version of the Exorcis not work for me? And I thought, Oh, it's because I'm perpetuating the myth that they're creating, which is that there's something, there's a gay demon that needs to be removed. And I landed on that thing I talked about before. It's like, oh no, it's not like something's being exercised out of them, it's being put in them. Then I started thinking, well, what's the opposite of what they're really claiming to do, and it's actually it's that they're scaring them out of their desires, and so that I thought of this, Okay, well they're going to curse them with this entity that takes the form of the person you're most attracted to. And once I had that, then I went okay, great, now we can focus on the love story, like who are these two characters that are attracted to each other, and what do I want to write about them, and what do I want to explore with those characters.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to be too personal and delve into your own space, but I just think it comes across so deeply personal this film. I believe that there must be some of your own life, real world time, that you've had experiences with some of this.
Speaker 2: Growing up.
Speaker 1: What was your take on as a gay man. Was there moments where religion, community opinion, and people's expectations made you feel like that you needed to hide parts about yourself.
Speaker 4: My parents, they're both very proud atheists, but they both come families that had a lot of religion, a lot of Christianity in them and from different parts of the world. But weirdly, even though they were such staunch atheists, they still sent me to a religious school, and so that was I think it just happened to be the school that they thought would be the best one for me. And I remember one year I won the Divinity Prize and my mom was like, you're okay, like what is going on here? And I remember telling her like, I just really loved the stories. And I think, I mean, I was what thirteen or fourteen At the time, I think it was a sign of like a filmmaker in me that just sort of loved mythology and loved you know. I guess nowadays, you know, this is back in the sort of nineties, Like I guess now we have so much access to every comic book, hero story, all that sort of stuff. But at the time, it's like when you're thirteen fourteen and people are putting these kind of mythological stories is in front of you, with these big sort of parables and archetypes, I think you kind of if there's a storyteller in you, you really get drawn to that. But I saw a lot of people around me, friends and family, having to struggle with their sexuality and religion and institutionized from religion and that kind of thing. So it all kind of went hand in hand with that. But I guess so yeah, So the personal side is that is a lot of friends and family directly going through.
Speaker 3: These these issues.
Speaker 4: But then I guess also the knowledge of biblical mythology and imagery that's in the film comes from that. That thirteen year old kid that won the Divinity Prize for.
Speaker 1: Like it was a therapeutic at all, like with some somehow exploring this subject matter was that interesting. That didn't feel like I'd opened up any old wounds from when you were growing up and did it helped heal them, so to speak.
Speaker 3: There were certain things that I remember being therapy. I still remember.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can't remember it vividly to really exactly explain what it is. But there was something about up with the scene. I mean, this is a touch spoilery. It's near the end of the scene where Brian says I wanted to look like you. There was something about that that I remember just being.
Speaker 3: It came quite late in the process of writing.
Speaker 4: I think it was one of the very very last drafts that I figured out he needed to say that, and it just came from a place of really asking myself, Like I think, I think there's that thing of when you write a script people always talk about or if you're an actor, or if you're a creative or you have to ask yourself, what if what if this was true?
Speaker 3: What if that? You know?
Speaker 4: And I guess the what if on this film was what if they claimed to have a cure to same sex attraction? And I guess you have to be willing to really really go there, like as so as a gay man, I had to really really ask myself what if it actually did work, or what if this character really did believe it worked. So that was where I sort of came to this idea of Okay, well then the attraction is so strong that he's willing to say, well, I want it to look like you even if this thing is real.
Speaker 3: It can be quite confronting writing a script in a lot of ways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, yeah, I mean, as you said at the start of our conversation, the extension of you writing this film then presenting this film is that people will approach you with their experiences, their trauma. As it feel receiving that from people, and did you expect that going in that you might actually then have to handle those kinds of emotions and be kind of the gatekeeper, not the gatekeeper, but be the representative of that.
Speaker 4: It's funny the start of the journey of taking this film out to the world, where we went to festivals like sun Dance and South By Southwest, and those festivals they sound very glamorous and very Hollywood, but I think people forget those are festivals held in regional parts of Red States in America, and so when we showed the film there, you don't just get industry people. You also the other half of the audience are just local people from those areas who've grown up or grown up in those states and kind of moved to the slightly larger cities where those festivals are held. And so immediately after the first few screenings that we had over there in the US, there were people coming up wanting to have conversations with me about it, which was that, I mean, it's how super corny. But that was actually so much more meaningful than all of the industry meetings that we were getting out of it, which was really really great because I thought, oh, this is actually working on people. And I still yeah, to this day, I'm still getting I get messages every day from people saying that they've been really really touched by the film and that it's sort of changed their lives and stuff. That's just I don't know, it's yeah, it's such a surreal thing. As a filmmaker, you don't ever think that that's what's going to happen when you sit down and you know, you stare at the blank final draft page. But the other thing is the fan art and the fan edits. That's all you don't expect. You kind of go, oh, okay, people are really falling in love with these characters.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you know, there's a real tenderness between Name and Ryan, and I think that that is something to be commended because I mean, they're obviously actors and they're great in these roles. But as a filmmaker, how did you go about creating that authenticity between the two of them, Because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was the first I guess it was two things. Was the casting, and it was the process of a rehearsal. With the casting, it was just very apparent when Joe and Stacey were they did their first scenes together in these chemistry tests. I sort of did these like I did more sort of casting workshops rather than chemistry tests, where I brought in a few different actors and they spent a few hours all together just sort.
Speaker 3: Of trying scenes out.
Speaker 4: And as soon as Joe and Stacey had their scenes together, it was just it was clear to me and clear to our casting director, Nicky Barrett, there's an energy here between these two that's very authentic, and you know, we can if the core of this movie, both as a love story and a horror movie, is about that energy between the two characters, then that's something we can build a whole film out of. And then once they were cast, because because the focus of the film was the teenagers and then there was sort of this world of the teenager's parents and all that sort of stuff, we knew we had to cast them first and then pasted rudos. So they were cast maybe by five or six months before we started shooting. And because I'd done that thing of having a workshop where everyone got together, they sort of met properly at the audition, and then when they both found out they got the parts, they sort of kept in touch and they became good friends, even though they live in different states, and they were constantly messaging.
Speaker 3: Each other and calling each other.
Speaker 4: And then they told me they were playing Fortnite together at one point, which is sort of like, you know, now, I'm kind of telling everybody that this is the Adrian Kirella technique of working with Fortnight FORTNIGHTE is the acting technique I.
Speaker 2: Host Bilberg uses the same thing.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, our interactors to play Fortnite.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: But then then when we actually got together on the ground a few weeks before we shot. We were one of those very lucky Australian productions where the producers and I we all really believed in investing in rehearsal time. So we got the actors together a few weeks before we shot. I took Joe and Stacy ut to a lot of the locations where we shot, and I got them to just sort of walk around and then sort of drop them off in different areas and got them to find each other just using their phones and stuff. I remember one time I sent them. I sent them into a crowded shopping mall to buy gifts for each other, and I told them to stay in character the whole time. And I still remember I gave them this like big pep talk before they went in. I was like, Okay, the people in that mall, they are your audience, who have to respect them. You can't drop character. The safest thing for you to do is just to stay in character because no one knows you're an actor. And then of course, like as soon as they walk in, their little Joe Bird who.
Speaker 3: Was in talk to me. He gets by these essays who were like.
Speaker 4: You're that kid in the movie with the hand, Yeah you are, you are? But he still stayed he was like really focused. And then so after a couple of weeks of doing that kind of stuff, of just getting them used to being in character in public, but also being around each other in public and feeling what that's actually like, which is sort of the heart of the whole movie, I think, then they were just really ready to do it.
Speaker 3: So it was.
Speaker 4: Really about getting them to spend time together and then feel what it was like to be these characters when you've got a community looking at you and judging you.
Speaker 3: Did you what?
Speaker 1: I know? You love doing this? Sorry to just jump in next. Did you play along with where the locations work? And?
Speaker 2: I bros? Often will you know?
Speaker 1: You've traveled the world and been to places where very famous films are shot. Were you playing along with that as well?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'd looked up the locations as soon as I started watching, and I'm like, he all this together?
Speaker 6: Isn't there though?
Speaker 4: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: How toner is? He was one? Yeah? So we did well. Actually, I mean, obviously I.
Speaker 4: Think a lot of Melbournians will recognize that the Melbourne City Bards is the opening of the movie. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: The DP, Tyson Perkins and our production designer Bethany Ryan and I we decided pretty early on that they just wasn't really a town, a real town that represented what we were going for in terms of the very specific aesthetic with this sort of industrial landscape, and we kind of wanted this sort of clash of nature and industrial human made elements, but we also wanted it to feel like a little bit of a boneyard, a bit of a place that had seen better times. Partly because we wanted this idea of like, Okay, it's maybe a town that's fallen on hard times and a lot of the population maybe moved away and some people stayed behind and these old ideas stayed with them. And also we wanted a sense of like not really being able to place the period so that.
Speaker 6: You wanted Seymour is right.
Speaker 1: I was going to say central Queensland. It reminded me of Gladston. I mean, the weather wasn't as good, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 4: It's of central Queensland where where I was sort of thinking about doing it at one point in the very early script stages.
Speaker 3: But for a whole bunch of reasons. We shot in Victoria, but we.
Speaker 4: Also didn't really want a specific period. We wanted people to sort of look at it and think it could be the nineties, it could be ten years ago, it could be five years ago, which is certain no matter how old you were, you got a sense of nostalgia.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we just knew that there was no.
Speaker 4: One town that kind of encapsulated all that, so we did this. We did this endless process of scouting where we just looked all over Velbourne, all over sort of regions around Victoria, and eventually we just sort of ended up with this schedule of but we were like this traveling circus, going from one place to another and traveling, you know, and shooting for two days and then traveling twenty k's and shooting somewhere else. And there was a lot of concern that that would be a big pressure on the young cast, that we should maybe just compromise the vision and shoot it in any old town.
Speaker 3: And do it all in order.
Speaker 4: But I think once we sort of had cast Joe and Stacey and we saw how strong they were, we felt, no, that's we can. We can drag them anywhere through whatever and make the mis exhausted.
Speaker 3: No, no, we're very kind to them. But it is interesting.
Speaker 4: I often wonder if the if the illusion works on Victorians or if they hang on a minute.
Speaker 3: That's not why we suddenly in Geelong and now we're back in We're like the Melbourne city bars. What's going on?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like watching the Jackie Chan film he shot in Melbourne. How do you get from Swanson Street into the Parliament train station?
Speaker 6: That quick doesn't work.
Speaker 3: I grew up in Sydney.
Speaker 4: I remember watching The Matrix and when he opens the door, and when Morpheus opens the door and he's like, you know where that road leads, and everyone's like Abercrombie Street.
Speaker 6: That's great horror films.
Speaker 5: Generally, we'll get back on track here. Should we talk about horror films? I usually have a cynical worldview, or you know, a satiric gallelemor But this one still has a lot of hope for what is essentially just a horror film. Did you always wanted to finish with a sense of hope rather than a sense of despair?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought a lot about the kinds of horror movies that merge I love story some form of a love story with horror. I felt a lot about movies like let the Right One in, or there was an amazing black and white movie called Girl Walks Home Alone at Night. I don't know if you saw that, that Iranian vampire movie. Oh wow, really spooky ending.
Speaker 2: Watched that straight after this Stone You're worried about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I kind of knew every version of the ending that I had, and it took a lot of different versions, and I was writing to Land where we did. Every version was some version of you know, they're going to be together, but what are the scars that they're going to have to carry with them? Is there some sense of something internalized, whether you'd call it internalized homophobia or something that burrows into them because of what they've been through.
Speaker 3: I definitely wanted to speak to that with the.
Speaker 4: Ending, and I think we had a pretty clear like myself and the producers, we had a pretty clear sense from early on that we wanted some version. We didn't want to have a Kellyer Gaye ending. Basically we sort of put a knew that for pretty early on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was there any pressure though, because it's a genre film to make it more scarier or to make it more you terrifying, and it lean into the horror.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did. There were certain things that we found in the edit. We didn't have sort of reshoots per se, but we did go and pick up a couple of little extra things just because we found certain moments in the edit and we went, oh, okay, we should just get another shut of that, or just did that a little bit differently. Yeah, and some of the horror moments just to go, okay, we can dial that up a little bit. But other than that, I mean, it was kind of there in what in the concepts we didn't I always wanted you to not forget your own a horror movie, but I also just wanted the focus to be on this love story between the two boys.
Speaker 1: So it feels like at the moment that there's a bit of a genre that's been created within Australia that we've got a bit of a flavor now for horror. It's sort of, you know, not really making it too colloquial to make it centered. It could be anywhere in the world sort of stories. And they're so big in scope, like it used to be these sort of lower budget films that felt lower budget, where everything we're making at the moment feels very grandiose for us here in Austraa. We're doing very well with it because it's certainly with talked to Me, Bring Her Back, and also those films being so critically rewarded as well. It seems like we've landed. Do you think we have our own style of horror?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, And I didn't want to shy away from that.
Speaker 3: I kind of knew.
Speaker 4: I couldn't put my finger on it, but I sort of knew we have this. I mean, you're right, it's sort of a tradition going back decades, right like through all those sort of seventies filmmakers who did movies like Wake and Fright and that kind of thing, and then it all kind of shifted into a new era with Wolf Creek and then the Barber Duke, and so I knew we were going to be sitting in that tradition, and I didn't want us to shy away from it too much because I thought, Okay, we're going to do that, but this one is going to have a queer love story at the center of it. So yeah, we were definitely very very conscious of that. But I always say to people like you get a jump scare and then you hear some Australian accents and you know, okay, this is an Australian horror movie.
Speaker 3: As an audience one, we did.
Speaker 1: Walk out of this movie, though, feeling very different than I did from Talk to Me and Bring Her Back. My Bring Her Back experience had me almost storm out of the cinema and go down like on street with my partner chasing after me. He loves horror, by the way, the scarier, the better the gloria, where with me I was sort of traumatized. Well, I really enjoyed coming out of this film that the take home for me was that the story was so rich and rewarding that it made the vice and the horror feel like.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to be there. Do you know what I mean? Am I making sense by saying that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And I always like horror movies where it comes from something real, right, Like it's like a part of a real fear. I think I always remember like reading horror novels like I remember when I was found, like I would read Stephen King novels and he'd sort of like, go on these they'd feel like tangents, but he'd just sort of go on these little moments where the characters you just, I don't know, you just sort of talk about that the scariest moment of character it ever had in their childhood or something, or you know, even though it was about a big monster or whatever. And so I always knew that, like good horror movies have that sort of real psychological fear in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bit.
Speaker 5: Of a moment generally with horror at the moment as well, So you're also being seen a long time alongside obsession and back rooms, which are a little bit more emotional. But then the the other side of it, America is still pumping out movies like Passengers and Evil Dead Burn. Yeah, do you feel like, do you think abs want more more substance over Overflash.
Speaker 4: I think I think it just shows that horror is such a broad church like it's there's so many different types of horror, and I think, you know, for the most part, I think we've gotten a good response from this our film, but I think there are people that are a bit like, oh, that wasn't for me. I think it's because they've turned up expecting a different type of horror. The two big horror hits of this year were you know, a little different to the kind of horror movie we're doing the amazing movies, but there were slightly different. But what's been awesome about it is that, you know, Neon created this really great trailer for our film that didn't shy away from the love story. You know, you see Joe and Stacy kiss thirty seconds into the trailer, And that trailer, because of the genre we're in, played in front of Backrooms and Obsession and all these movies that millions and millions of people around the world went to see, and so whether they wanted to or not, they were getting a little taste of this story and what, you know, what it's about.
Speaker 2: So what did you think of Obsession and Backrops? I realized I was.
Speaker 4: Really into I really loved them, and I loved that we have this sort of like very like fresh perspective. I mean, those filmmakers much younger than me, and it's entirely like new bold perspective to the genre, which is really.
Speaker 1: Really can you speak to the fact though, that these movies have smaller budgets, Like it's interesting. Bros And I were unpacking Disclosure Day recently which is a Spielberg massive blockbuster. But the budget of Disclosure Day wasn't ridiculous. It wasn't what some of these movies have blown out to be. And we've been unpacking this whole idea behind the scenes that maybe people these days are yearning for more conceptual idea.
Speaker 5: But even the idea that directors have to say everything's in camera in my film, it's like, yeah, that's just film, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That maybe we're sort of I mean, I don't know, I don't want to coin a weird term, but maybe we're kind of in like the post superhero era now, like everyone's kind of we And I think the Superhero era it took away things like in camera so everything with RCG and they also I'm not an expert on explaining it, but there was a whole thing that the superhero movies took away, the idea of movie styles, like suddenly the book actors became the stars. And I think the thing about horror is it's not dependent on stars. Like there's something about the concept itself is enough to draw you in because it's so the idea is it's going to be so visceral and so universal that you'll you'll be drawing in I think that that maybe has something the opposite.
Speaker 5: It's also true with horror, isn't it that stars can dilute the effectiveness of right, Yeah, horror film, even a couple I've seen I'm trying to think as it Eila Fisher no or is it anyway there's Anustralian actress in a horror series and when I see her, I feel taken out of it immediately because I know she is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, because you need to feel like it's a real person, just like you're just going through exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you can, so you can relate to them, not as someone that you've seen in the magazines or online, but as a real person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're being pulled into the world, you know as well with this, like you know these characters you know, Yes, we've seen some of these actors that are in this and Australians will pick it up. But at the same time, it's kind of works with your film that these are relatively unknowns that are playing apart from me, who are obviously gives some gravitas and working as an executive producer as well. But a random question, because that's on brand For me, You're like, where are you going? The poster to me, without really knowing too much about the film, gave me Aliens vibes, like the color palette of it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if you look at some of the artwork.
Speaker 1: For Aliens, the James Cameron in the second part of the Alien series franchise, whatever you'd like to call it. Was there any inspiration or have I just read into that?
Speaker 4: Not directly, I mean maybe internally amongst the Neon team. Neon are amazing and they really involved their directors in the whole rollout of their marketing, and I remember I remember having an early conversation with one of their amazing marketing team members there and one of the films that was and there were lots of different horror movies that inspired this, but one of them was the theme Great, you know, the John Carpenter the theme because of the idea of just that the terror of not knowing it this person in front of you is the real one and all that kind of thing. And I remember talking about that with the marketing person and we sort of talked about on maybe maybe the poster could be a little bit like you know, the famous poster from the thing that has all the lights sort of shining out.
Speaker 3: It didn't work, and they try, you know, they're amazing.
Speaker 4: They sort of workshop all these things and tried it stuff that didn't quite work. But now that you bring it up, maybe that sort of took them to that era of horror, that kind of sort of late seventies early eighties era of horror posters. So yeah, I don't know, but it was it was an image that they sort of we sort of went through a lot of different ideas, and that was always sort of the strongest image to us, the idea of the connection, the physical connections between the two of them, but with this slight sense of threat.
Speaker 5: So Bluemhouse has kind of created his own little, his own little fiftom in Hollywood making horror films low budget, kind of keep the movies rolling out. Some make money, some don't make money, but you just keep making films. Yeah, is that something you began to do in the future.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love horror movies.
Speaker 4: I think I've got a few more ideas in that genre in me, but not exclusively.
Speaker 3: I do really love.
Speaker 4: Playing with genre, Like I think you get a lot for free when people know that they turn up and that you know, Okay, I'm in a horror movie, I'm going to get certain things in certain scars, or you know, if I'm in a sci fi movie, I know, I know, you know, Like it's you don't have to spend a lot of time setting things up, which is really great. You can just focus on the characters as stat as things start. So for me, I guess I'm really interested in filmmaking that takes a different genre and sort of subverts it in different ways.
Speaker 5: Is there a way in Australia to streamline the types of independent films you're making and want to make like Blomhouse is done, or is it something that we don't have the financial backing for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting. I don't know. When it comes to genre filmmaking.
Speaker 4: It's sort of a conversation I often have with our producers Sam Jennings and Christina Seaton at Causeway.
Speaker 3: I know they're very, very interested in.
Speaker 4: That, but I think going deeper than that, it's really about doing the thing that Blumhouse does really well beyond that process, which is just getting young people to go toms and watch their stuff, and that's often by you know, mending lots and lots of money, but by actually coming up with these concepts that really grab young audiences.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think as well with these young audience as well, they seem to be a little bit more with horror, particularly more adventurous, you know what I mean. They're more willing to take risk on what they go and see at the cinema because for a very long time, you know, there's these big budget box office smashes which are in the Marvel universe and in DC universe and things like that, and they seem to not step outside of that. Do you think that Do you think that we're a little bit more adventurous.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean the idea is to kind of, you know, confront people, right, you can't be boring if you're making a horror movie. That's probably the number one rule is you've got to actually do something that actually. I remember there was the opening of the opening scene.
Speaker 3: With the shower.
Speaker 4: The versions of that shot where she's sort of peering over the wall and she's all bloody. The first few versions were just her hands and I remember thinking everyone was talking to Sam Jennings I produced about it. It's like it's just not audacious enough or something, you know, and I think there's something about that you've got to really actually be bold and actually shock people a little bit. So yeah, yeah, I guess that's what it comes down to. This is the genre you can't afford to be safe.
Speaker 5: So getting back to your story too, though, do you think this story could have been made outside of this genre?
Speaker 6: Like is a genre film?
Speaker 5: Is it a nice way to sneak this kind of content into films or is it just the only way we can get it intot the moment?
Speaker 6: Or is both fine?
Speaker 3: Regardless, I think both of its final guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have often said, you know, there is definitely a version of this movie that is just about two young guys who fall in love and they're facing you know, this adversity from their community. But I think the thing that suited my own voice and my own star was to ramp it up a little bit and lean into yeah, particular genre that I've always had a real passion for. So I guess it comes down to who's making the film.
Speaker 5: I suppose, sure for sure, And you get to go harder on the commentary elements of this film, right, horror film, I mean, bad Boy Bubby is the Pastor is just brilliant casting.
Speaker 3: It's a very special film to me and my child.
Speaker 6: I had not really same same.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I actually filmed a panel TV series with him and they introduced me in the green room and said that he was going to be on the panel. It was like a talking head show called Founders. If people can find it, if they want to look on YouTube. I think that's the only place that still exists.
Speaker 2: I remember growing.
Speaker 1: I think I was thirteen when that bad Boy Bubby came out, So I had like a fairly visceral.
Speaker 2: Experience to that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sitting across from him, he's a lovely man, by the way, sitting across from him, I was terrified.
Speaker 4: I was, yeah, yeah, I realize Australian movies could do what that film did until it really opened my eyes in terms of Yeah, I just I thought Australian films were something entirely different until I saw that boy Bubby.
Speaker 1: Joe Bird is so extraordinary in this movie. Like I just wanted to know, because Talk to Me was so big. Were you already thinking about him for name, like were you writing this for him? Or like when did he come onto the project? No?
Speaker 4: I didn't really I told this story a few times, but I remember when I was the film I was was that twenty twenty three, and I was sort of there.
Speaker 3: I couldn't figure out the ending. I couldn't figure out that there was a lot. I couldn't figure out it.
Speaker 6: It's the writing process. It's okay.
Speaker 3: And then I went and so I talked to me.
Speaker 4: It had just opened, and I just thought, Wow, that kid is extraordinary. He's really going to go places. But he was also don't forget, he was I think fourteen when he did that movie, so he was nowhere near the age of this character.
Speaker 3: So I just kind of thought, wow, what an amazing actor. Anyway, back to my script.
Speaker 4: Concept of connecting the two things, and even when he sent so when actor's audition you get self tapes is sort of the first round of auditions that come through, and the casting director will send you a link and you click on a little you click on a little headshot, and then when you click on the headshot, that person's tape comes up with their audition.
Speaker 3: And Joe's headshot was still like six years old. It was still like twelve or something too young.
Speaker 2: You were like two.
Speaker 3: Why is he coming in here, this humid.
Speaker 4: Idea, and then it comes up and he's like, he just looked completely different, and he's of course now just you know, he's a young adult, and he was just very captivating and really captured something very very true and very real. I knew that what he did in talk to Me was that, you know what was so impressive was that he was this possessed kid and he had that sort of you know, the kind of Linda Blair kind of you know, exorcist thing happening. But I didn't realize, oh, he can also just do these very grounded scenes as a tortured teenager as well. I think when you're auditioning a certain age group of teenagers, you either get people who are overtrained and over prepared and it feels a bit like they're doing a two post commercial, or you get young people who just had no training, no and you don't know if they're actually going to have the chops to carry a movie. I mean, I needed an actor who he's in every scene, he has to on every.
Speaker 3: Day for a thirty day shoot.
Speaker 4: And you know I got that from Joe as soon as I watched his first tape. And then when we met, I just sort of thought, Okay, this is this is definitely the guy. But because we shared producers, so our producers of course they also produced talk to me.
Speaker 3: They were very I remember Sam Jennings.
Speaker 4: Was just very professional about not diving in and advocating for Joe too early, like she wanted me to see his tape.
Speaker 6: To discover him. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And then as soon as I opened the floodgates, as soon as I said, you know, I think it's going to be then she was sort of like very enthusiastic.
Speaker 6: That's some really good producing really yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and then she sort of started talking through you know, this is what you'd really get from him, and he'll be you know, all of these things and he'll work in this way and that Latin.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was it was really cool.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, we mentioned me earlier, but me it was Awski Kowsky gives an incredibly restrained performance and not the kind of stereotypical horror movie mum either. You know, she's it's a whole different version and it kind of makes her more frightening in some ways.
Speaker 6: How did you develop that character with me?
Speaker 5: Conversations did you have and was it in the script or was it something once she was on set or once in rehearsal you could build it with.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean my mind understanding that character changed so much through through the writing, through the research of these real experiences. I remember starting out, I was like, Okay, she's going to be like Piper, Laurie and Carrie, she's religious mum. And then that didn't work. This is all on the page, right, I'm like, no, that doesn't feel right. And then I remember, like when I was doing the script, I kept trying to give her these like redemptive moments at the end. I was like, Oh, she's going to have some amazing speech at the end where they connect, Like it'll.
Speaker 3: Be like, you know, some sort of you know, I don't know, some sort.
Speaker 4: Of moment where she realizes that there's really a ghost and the connect there's really a monster and they connect over that. And that didn't work either, and so it kind of ended. And I think, what a lot of what a lot of people I know who've been through these experiences felt is more true, which is, you know, this relationship is not going to heal overnight. Once I sort of committed to that, and that was what went out as offered to me, and I was a little bit scared of like, oh my god, is she going to want to play this woman who doesn't have any sense of redemption at the end. If anything, you kind of underestimate her in real life. She's worse than you think.
Speaker 2: Well, she's a part of the horror, do you know what I mean, like the real world horror. Yeah, Like I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Feel bad for saying that, maya, I mean, you know, but essentially she played that role really well because you know, sort of an us against them to you know, young people coming out, you know what I mean, and the internalized fear and the yearning to have approval from your parents. You know, all of that sort of leans very heavily and scarily heavily being a queer person.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and so she wasn't she wasn't afraid to go there, like she just was. You know, she is one of those incredible actors who's got no vanity. She just wants to be part of a good story.
Speaker 2: Well maybe she's just a cold heart a bitch in real life. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I assure you, I know i've met her.
Speaker 2: That's the case.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can say that because yeah, anyway, she's out in wonderland.
Speaker 2: What can I say?
Speaker 3: People come up to me and be like, how dare you do that to Alice in Wonderland? But no, she just approached it. She is an incredibly grounded actor.
Speaker 4: She won't ever make a choice that doesn't feel true, but not in an obnoxious way, like she'll just kind of I remember there was one day where we were shooting I think it's her last scene where she's so polite.
Speaker 3: It was her last scene where.
Speaker 4: She's got out to name in the petrostration, and if you remember that, the camera does this tricky thing where it kind of takes off and goes up in the air, and we were just trying to find the camera position, and I just asked her to stand in a particular spot and so that they could figure out where the camera was going to rin. And she very politely asked me after we'd step through it, She's like, would it be okay if I did actually move around as well a little bit. I'm like, yeah, you can do whatever you wanted. So she's so so polite, but she really wanted to ground this in the kinds of characters, you know. We talked about people we knew who were part of these religious communities and what they were really like.
Speaker 3: And we immediately knew, Okay, it's not going to be a big pipe Laurie and carry kind of mum.
Speaker 4: It's going to be actually something a little more reserved and not super bombastic about what her beliefs are.
Speaker 3: She just is holding them very much inside her.
Speaker 4: And luckily Mayor is someone who just carries a huge amount of depth and wait, and when she's just on screen, she doesn't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: She's just there, and she was always inspiring me to do things with the camera.
Speaker 4: It was so weird, Like I remember when she drops him off at the house and they dragged they dragged Joe out of the car. She was just doing something when she was sitting there and just I just I don't know where it came from, but I was like, I think we just need to like when she's sitting there, we just told in her and we just panned the camera so that the balance of the shop changes and I don't know, there were just things that were going on in her face, so which is very very inspiring to I think.
Speaker 1: The subtlety is very real world though, do you know what I mean, Like it's in so often like there's sort of a big reaction, like the subtlety that.
Speaker 2: Works well with her.
Speaker 1: And also as a mother, you know, from being a queer boy and having a mom my mom was full of fear for me, right, right, And so I think there isn't an there would be an enormous amount of mothers out there that would be terrified, not because you know, they're bad people, but they're worried about all of the possibility of what could happen to their son or daughter. And then she portrays that and that kind of still works as well with her bringing in, you know, being a part of the horror, do.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So I have a very kind of classical, kind of old fashioned approach to screenwriting, which is that you, if you can, your movie is about one theme, and all of your characters should be your ensemble of characters should be a different perspective on that theme. So if the theme is homophobia, I felt that MEA's character was sort of representing that strand of homophobia. That's like I'm doing this to protect you. It's not it's that other people are going to hurt you. And and so I felt that that was I thought, how far can we push that? What's the extreme version of that that we can explore.
Speaker 2: There's just so much we could talk about.
Speaker 1: I just before we go, I have so many questions, but we're literally at the end of this, and you've been so generous with your time. I'd love to know your biggest take home. You know, this is a this is a real win for you. I think audiences have found this and are continuing to find this. It must feel very rewarding because I know how much you've put into this and the time, energy and everything. What's the biggest take home for you moving as filmmaker? Moving forward as a.
Speaker 4: Filmmaker, you know, I think just I really learned to value the giving myself the space to just explore as a filmmaker and to be open. You know, those moments they talked about working with Mia, I still remember, like the very last day of shoot, at last light on the as the sun was going down, I just got Joe and Stacy to do a little improvisation and it's my favorite scene in the film, just finding I think I really learned to value finding the space and really fighting for those sorts of moments. I think when you make a film, everyone wants to do this very structured, very certain approach to everything, where if you plan out every inch of every frame, which you kind of have to do. But I just really learned to value leaving the room to explore and be open.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that is the hardest challenge, but it's it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bros, do you want to ask our last question? Out behind the scenes question? You could be out behind the scenes guys, something else, that's fine too.
Speaker 5: We like to find out something behind the scenes that happened that maybe you haven't told anyone else that you divulge with us after we spent all this time ingratiating ourselves so well. But is that something you haven't shared yet that you'd like to share that have mind the scenes?
Speaker 4: I have some inter's hang on, let me think, let me think, what's the one I've been dying to tell. I've been traveling around with Joe a bit, so I'm trying to think something we've been talking about I I haven't shared with anyone yet.
Speaker 6: That's it. That's good, that's good.
Speaker 4: You know, we almost we almost had an actor with a missing front tooth. Joe Joe's tooth kind of got to be a week out from the shoot, and I was really nervous, and they managed to find someone to kind of like fix it up, and then it happened again, like literally before the first day of shit, and I was like, cannot like do a film like that like this A part of Joe is like ninety percent of the movie.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, you did almost not have a you know, a leader.
Speaker 6: You know that you had a missing too, that you could have been one with a gold tooth like in one the way.
Speaker 2: Well, I just was going to say, you also have beautiful teeth. Yeah, do you want to make movies yourself? Ad room with people? No offense to the toothless and the homeless anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can you give us any insight of what's next for you? Can we get excited about something or is it just top secret?
Speaker 3: Is there something in the top secret? But there's some things I'm trying to write, you know what's been really it'd.
Speaker 6: Still be horror genre. Are you going to go somewhere else?
Speaker 4: Or there's a couple of things that are horror and then a couple of things in other let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: Tricky because everything happened so fast.
Speaker 4: We sort of got into Sundance before we finished, and then we stole to now On before we left Sundown, So there hasn't been a moment to kind of go I mean, I've had little bits in between.
Speaker 6: I have you're a creative guy, You've got something in mind. Come on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I have to write every day or I go crazy writing. But I haven't had the time to just.
Speaker 6: Be patient.
Speaker 1: My friend, Like, can I tell you you've got two die hard fans here and our land for life? Yeah? That bro's watched this movie as a straight man and I watched this movie as a gay man, and we had such appreciation for this movie and the ability to allow it to be accessible from both communities as well. I think is incredibly powerful. And I can't thank you enough for taking this time out and sharing it with us. People listening to this now who haven't seen it will go and see it, and I think we've hopefully given people as well, and people who have seen it go back and watch it, because now you'll watch with the different lens after you've given us this juicy intel.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yes, and thank you for seeing it multiple times that. Yeah, that's the ultimate compliment for any film.
Speaker 1: Like so, I just think it's so important to protec X cinema. Bros and I both believe the same thing, and we're podcast promoting people to go and see a variety of films, and above everything, we love the community of watching something together in a theater like that.
Speaker 2: It's so powerful. And Bros himself is.
Speaker 1: Like to need to you know, hard for you to explain it. Bros watches movies with his whole body.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and so if I'm enjoying it, I do. I didn't move once during Mandalorian.
Speaker 1: Okay, she just rocks back and forward a tran and you know that you've had a good time if you've got motion sickness.
Speaker 4: But it is why it's so fun to see movies and scenes. It's about sharing it with other people. And I know, like I can't I can't wait to go see the Inviat because it's completely different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for that reason, everyone says, that's why you've got to see that movie in a crowded theater, because.
Speaker 6: It's you know, it's reviews.
Speaker 1: I sold out, by the way, on Saturday night at the Como, Like I say, now I've booked now to see it tomorrow night, because tonight I'm going to the stand Australia's new series f Ward.
Speaker 2: Have you both heard about Effort?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard about that. Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I thought you might be going to that screening then tonight, but then I was like, no, you've got your own Q and a somewhere else, Una, it's.
Speaker 2: Some time to watch other people's things.
Speaker 3: I do really want to see that show though. It sounds really great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've had a few Q and as already, are they? What are the audiences like so far? Like I've just been in terms of.
Speaker 4: Super enthusiastic, a lot of coming back having seen it before.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, cool, young Joe Bird.
Speaker 3: Has a lot of fans that get he's kind of bolt.
Speaker 6: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but no, it's been a really really great, fun, fun audience at a young audience, which is really great too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's kick ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When we see horror films off and if there are a larger pre early screening, you'll see a lot of younger people in there that are invited in.
Speaker 6: It's different energy and it feels good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's I don't know, it's good to see creative films being made still, even though Spielberg can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: To Spielberg's fault.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Adrian, I'm so so becaused. We're well and truly over, but I just can't thank you enough for being so general.
Speaker 6: That was fantastic really for you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck. Hopefully we haven't exhausted you from.
Speaker 6: If you have a problem, then I will just send this tape in for you.
Speaker 2: If amazing. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thanks are