Speaker 1: Hey, I want to talk baby names to you guys today. I feel like it's something that all my friends are talking about at the moment. It's probably something that I'm looking at a lot because I have baby making age.
Speaker 2: Do people keep baby names before they're actually having babies?
Speaker 1: Yeah? People right down do Mitch, Yeah, what's top for your list?
Speaker 2: I like Cleo for a girl. Oh I like.
Speaker 1: Cleo too, like Cleopatra or just clear, just clear, but clear. Patrick is very dramatic, it is, but you like the drama. He went acting schools. Yeah, this TikToker. I didn't know this was a thing. But she is a baby name consultant, Which why do you need a consultant for a baby name? Well, apparently you do. Let's not yuck her job, but that's this is a full time job. And she says there is one particular trend that is happening, that is she's getting a lot of heat for online. Have a listen.
Speaker 2: One of the most common name insults I see in comments and dms is that's a dark name. Guys, dog names are in Okay, Like that's a compliment. Now, that is so funny because Mitch, I literally had to bite my tongue. Cleo was my first dog's name, and he was a Commerstaniel named Cleo. Yeah. He yeah. I mean we're very gender you know, neutral here in this whole place, but yeah, Cleo clear was a boy.
Speaker 1: I'm excited by this trend because you guys might remember I asked a couple months ago if I could call my kid after an old dog that I had, and it was mixed.
Speaker 2: Responsible dog's name again, Nala, Yeah, that's fine. Narla's named after a lion. Yeah, NLA's a very lioness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was my dog that looked like a lion. And what if this because it was a lassie.
Speaker 2: I feel so for all the kids out there at the moment that are going to grow up to be adults, because some names are really cute on little kids, but then when you think about them as an adult, you're like, oh, I don't know, is Nala going to be a lawyer? Maybe? Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Nala, she's going to be a boss.
Speaker 2: My favorite paper part with a comment section on that TikTok though they were so funny.
Speaker 1: Someone commented saying, my son's name is Samson. It's definitely a dog's name, But I don't care. It's also a biblical name. It's a name of a person in a Bible, so it's actually a person's name. First. You're right, so some of the names. Let me read you some so Charlie, Daisy, Ruby, Sadie ll think they're all human names.
Speaker 2: All of them are human names.
Speaker 1: Again, Bear, Banjo and Blue three cocker spaniels. There is my nephew.
Speaker 2: There is also a giant animal. I'm pretty sure they're all characters on Blueys, all of them.
Speaker 1: My nephew is a giant. He's the biggest to your You can't say that's my nephew's name because his name is Bear.
Speaker 2: Laura's got a friend called Falcon.
Speaker 1: We're not going to start the film his name saying that's a human name.
Speaker 2: That's a bird. It is a bird.
Speaker 1: Falcon is the only foul your friend. Falcon is the only falcon to be very I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 2: But suits him, Yeah, I mean he did change his name. Never used to be Falcon was Carloss and he thought that was too common.
Speaker 1: Falcon.
Speaker 2: No, it's illegally his name. And knowing that man changing his own name from Carlos to Falcon the best we love your falcon. He listens every day to high falks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Cooper, Maverick, Duke, fine, Maverick, it's a bit hectic.
Speaker 2: Dukes is one hundred percent Alsatian.
Speaker 1: I think Maverick is.
Speaker 2: Just very American.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry. These are a no beethoven Snoopy and Roof. Imagine calling your kid Beethoven. I mean that also was a person.
Speaker 2: We talked a bit of criticism when when I named my daughter Marley, because at the time there was a really big movie Marley and Me. So everyone was like, that is a dog's name, Like that is could not be more of a dog's name because there's a literal dog movie named Marley and Me.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, sorry, Scooby Doo and Toto on the list. Is someone's calling or thinking of calling their kids Scooby Doo?
Speaker 2: Our producer Grace is saying, are they That was just a list of dog names I put together this, Okay, so no one's called Scooby Doo A. I think it's fine. I think dog names in Lola. I met a Lola dog the other day and my little three year old was there at the same time, and she patted the Lola, and I was like, this isn't this just so cute?
Speaker 1: Full circle. My dog's name is Delilah, Love of my life. I love the name so much. I almost wish I didn't call my dog Delilah so I could call my daughter Delilah. Just but I don't think you can call a kid a dog name if that animal still with us.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's got to be deceased, Hyla and Delilah.
Speaker 2: If I have a little boy, I'm for sure calling a Buster Buster the second, because the first one is the dog.
Speaker 1: While you still have Buster, fine, not you're so cooked she sometimes don't worry about Laura.
Speaker 2: Buster is a cute boy's name, though. Guys, anyone out there pregnant having a boy, you can have it and then also just reference me every so often.
Speaker 1: Oh gee's very generous of you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, look coming up, a lot of people in this day and age work from home. Because you know, COVID happened, we all realize that actually a lot of businesses and a lot of different occupations we can work from home. We can do our jobs very very well. But some of you are not being efficient and some of you are doing some very naughty things when you were working from home, and we're going to talk about them next. I'm the pickup