Speaker 1: Laura, Come on, no guess what day it is, and it is not just Monday.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Our very own, our beautiful, the wonderful Brittany Harkley's birthday.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I'm literally clapping for myself. I don't think it's what we do. We can clap for you.
Speaker 1: I mean, we just wanted to say on behalf of everyone at the pickup team, happy thirty first plus a few more.
Speaker 2: I'm quite quite a couple more. We love you some flowers.
Speaker 4: Bringing in the flowers is a.
Speaker 3: Very We talk about the fact that I have literally two hundred Swiss chocolates on the bench that my boyfriend Ben's parents sent from from Switzerland because they're Swiss, so they've sent them all the way.
Speaker 1: It is so cool, and it's also so nice that you're gonna be sharing them with everyone today.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna live and bind all for.
Speaker 4: Us now still to come on the show today. Funnily enough, Nicky Webster is going to be here.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought that was happening? What a little legend.
Speaker 3: Can my birthday get any better? Strawberry kisses. Nicky Webster is coming. She's the unofficial song voice of the World Cup for Matilda's.
Speaker 2: It's amazing when.
Speaker 4: The backstory behind it's great. So we'll chat to Nicky next on the pickup around Australia thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great Savings every Day the pickup Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemist Warehouse rushing this Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices Chemist Warehouse, Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, it's official.
Speaker 2: The month is over.
Speaker 3: The World Cup fee for Women's World Cup has finished, and our beloved Matildas came in at fourth, which I can only imagine.
Speaker 2: They are disappointed with.
Speaker 3: But Australia is so bloody stoked Ye's.
Speaker 1: That they were ranked tenth to come in fourth at the end of all these it's amazing.
Speaker 2: But also like, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: The impact that they've had on the culture of women's sport in this country is I've never watched a game of women's sport and I'm embarrassed to say that, but now I love it.
Speaker 3: They lost to Sweden to nil six point two. Five million Australians tuned in to watch that.
Speaker 2: That is incredible.
Speaker 3: This is more people than any men's sport has ever played. No one's tuned in that much to men, unless they're taking their shirts off, which we saw happened on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, they've got to pull out all guns now to try and get the viewership, don't they.
Speaker 2: Well did you see?
Speaker 3: I thought this was really funny, very unexpected, but the Matilda's unofficial theme song for Fee for Welcome.
Speaker 2: I have listened to things Nicky.
Speaker 3: Website what a banger this was, but.
Speaker 4: This kind of came out in an innocent way. They were doing press and I think one of the players through another one of them under the bus and just said, this song is blaring in the change room.
Speaker 3: Well it was Steph Catley, so I think it was our goal. She threw Steph cat leaner and said, look, I'm gonna out. This is her favorite song she sings of all the time. They sing it in every single change room, which I think I think is really cool. So she's thrown her out there and lo and behold, Ticky Webster came on and sung with the Matildas yesterday and it was absolutely the show that we didn't know we needed to see.
Speaker 1: Can I just say it's such a moodset I had forgotten what a vibe this song is.
Speaker 4: Oh totally and I hate to break it to you girls, but on the line now is the song stress herself, Nikki Webster Y.
Speaker 3: Nikki, how did it feel to be the unofficial slash official song of the women's pee for World Cup?
Speaker 6: I think, like everyone in Australia, I've been fangirling about the Matildas, so to hear that they liked my song and I loved what they were doing, it was pretty awesome and that gave me some straight cred with my kids too, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I just think this is amazing. I mean, I reckon people have forgotten Strawber Kisses was triple platinum back in the day, triple platinum. Did you ever think that twenty three years on you still be performing this song?
Speaker 6: No, not unless it was at a nightclub or something like that. So no, I definitely didn't think it would be like an unofficial anthem for a sporting event that just I guess took over our country and changed the way of women's sport in this country.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm very honored to be that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I also do love that the very first time that you singing it, it was all to do with sport, and then it has continued it's legacy throughout the sporting history.
Speaker 4: Do you even like sport, Niki?
Speaker 6: Definitely. I mean I'm a dancer, and sport of being active and keeping our kids active is what I'm all about, So yeah, I definitely. I think there's a great connection with the Sydney two thousand Olympics and then of course with the fifth of World Cup. So yeah, it's really fun. And I think the girls just, you know, from what I heard yesterday, they were just like, we played this all the time, and you know, you've got us our energy up and thank you, and it was they were thanking me and I was thanking them, and it was just such a fun.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 4: Well, Nikki Webster, it's so like, it's so random to be talking to you in this scenario, but it's so great.
Speaker 1: I know, I feel like you're my childhood, like rancann'n. It's so beautiful to cheat. It was such a big thing. I still remember watching watching that very first song play out across TV's back in the day, and to see it kind of all come back around the Matilda's It's just so beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's so good. If you want to have a little Google x dance at Nicki Webster Dance Studio. See what Nicky's doing on the site. It's awesome stuff. Nicki Webster our unofficial face and voice of the women's log cut.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for coming on any time than all right, Okay, Next on the show, if you're eyeing off like a big purchase. If you're listening to this and you go, there's something I've been wanting to buy for so long. There is a new trend sweeping the nation that I will I will get you up to speed with and it will allow you to justify that purchase today. That's next on the pickup. Fritt, Laura and Mitch here on the pick up. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day. As you guys know, I'm the youngest person to ever be on radio in the history of the world. I'm a gen Z.
Speaker 3: I think that's a lie.
Speaker 4: I'm a GenZ baby, and I love TikTok and I love to bring you up to speed with big trends that are on the top. But the newest trend I think I defies YouTube perfectly, and it's called girl math. I got a.
Speaker 1: Starbucks today that was four and ninety anything undred five dollars, feels like it's pretty much free.
Speaker 4: Cral Math. Return something else.
Speaker 1: Our for fifty dollars, bought something else that was one hundred dollars, it only costs me fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Pral math true.
Speaker 6: Even like tickets that I buy months in advance, I show up to the concert and I'm like, this was like a free concert.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, oh yeah, this isn't good. Surely everyone just maths like this. Surely when you get a refund for something like if you've bought something online and then you return it because you spent that money ages ago, it's already come out of your account, it's kind of just free money. Spend it again totally, It doesn't go back in just it's just free for whatever use or whatever purpose you need.
Speaker 4: Girl, math, If I pay for something with cash, oh that was a free little gift. If i'se a five dollar note for a coffee, that's a free coffee.
Speaker 2: How do you justify that?
Speaker 1: So how do you justify when you have physical, tangible money in your hands, Because it literally never happens. Everyone pays for everything on their phones these days, How do you justify that that's not real money?
Speaker 3: Because I found that money same hen in the pocket. There's fifty dollars, and I'm like, free money.
Speaker 4: It's free.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a bell from a tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Is it a case though, where if it doesn't affect your banking, like if you go onto your internet banking and the numbers in your internet banking stay the same, Like, if that is static, that's the real money.
Speaker 2: So anything in addition to that is just it's play money.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: The other thing for me is what I do.
Speaker 3: And this is so bad, but like when you buy something for fifty dollars, but then you can get two of them for ninety dollars, You're like, well, I'm going to get two because I'm saving money. Like I'm going to break this down, do the math. I've actually saved money.
Speaker 4: In fact, you.
Speaker 3: Didn't need two of the same things, so you spent forty extra dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you made it. You got free postage, I'm sure, free shipping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you spend fifty dollars more to get the five dollars for shipping.
Speaker 4: Girl Math. That's girl Math thirteen one oh sixty five why don't we try to implement some girl math. Hi Ella, what what purchase are you trying to justify?
Speaker 7: I've wanted an infrared sauna at the house, like purchase a large purchase of a sauna at my home for a long time. But the justification for me is you can't put a press take on hell.
Speaker 2: First of all.
Speaker 7: Secondly, you're gonna be making money because you're not spending money going to the doctor when you get sick.
Speaker 1: We're going to do we'll do the girl I like you're trying to justify it to us, so already, that's that's our job.
Speaker 2: How much you can buy it? You can buy it?
Speaker 4: How much is how much?
Speaker 7: Five grand?
Speaker 4: It's grand.
Speaker 3: That's a car, that's a second hand car, So that is the best five grand you're ever going to sell. I'm pro Infred's sauna, so hear me out.
Speaker 2: First of all, you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Saving time time. You can't put a number on time. You can't put a value on time. The time it takes to walk to the car, get in the cart, book an appointment at a sauna in town. You might hit traffic. You've wasted half an hour. You get to the sauna, that's an hour you've got to wrap up. Pay You've got a cost of paying, but you've also got the time you just spend getting to the sauna, getting the car, drive back home. You're facing more traffic. This is extra time. By the time you get home. You have saved well, I can't tell you because there's no number on time, but you've saved a lot.
Speaker 2: You've saved a lot of money. It could have just been one day, but you've saved.
Speaker 3: You have saved so much money because you can just walk into your backyard, jump in the sauna, spend as much time. If you want to get out and make a phone call, which is also time, jump back.
Speaker 2: In there you go.
Speaker 4: Also, you're gonna sweat yourself out. You're going to be lighter. You're going to be lighter, meaning you can walk faster, which means you can get to place as quicker, which means you can make more money.
Speaker 1: There's so many health benefits to having a sauna, so you're gonna live longer and your other things put a price on that.
Speaker 3: You're going to save money on socializing because you're going to have sauna parties or your friends are going to want to come to your house for a sauna. So you're not going out for drinks, you're not going out for food, You're having a sauna party.
Speaker 2: Yes, his value that we've just done it.
Speaker 3: You've just saved five grand.
Speaker 8: Yeah done, she's done it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope that nobody else calls us because this is a really irresponsible segment. Like I'm going to say this. I don't think you should buy the sauna. I think it's a terrible investment. Go ahead if you I have a sauna in my basket at home. I've just got a pressent just like waiting for me to I just don't put the what's it called the little vacuum thing on in the in the shower and I just stand in there and heat it right up. Comes in and he's like, put the exhaut storm. We're getting mold vacuum things. Anyway, you don't need it.
Speaker 2: Don't do a girl math is stupid.
Speaker 4: Next week on the show, let's do girl math for mortgages and houses that could be fun.
Speaker 2: Pays regardless of girl math.
Speaker 4: I'm all right.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, Laura, I had something wildly mortifying happened to me just yesterday. It happened in a group chat and look, I'm looking forward to sharing this with you.
Speaker 2: It's truly mortifying.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's next on the pickup. Welcome back to the pickup with Brick, Laura and Mitch rushing to chemist Warehouse. This Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices chemist Warehouse, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Now, it's a very special week. This week my birthday. I know you're going to say it's birthday week.
Speaker 1: It is birthday week, but if you're a mom or dad you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. To little kids, it is book week across Australia this week.
Speaker 4: Oh I love Bookweek.
Speaker 1: Now, I made a pretty air epic parenting fail. I forgot, completely forgot that it was book week. Now?
Speaker 4: What is? What is book Week?
Speaker 1: For those who don't know, It's like you get your kid and your dress them up your kids whatever you know the step one get kid, Just drag your kid in from and then you dress them up as a fairy or whatever it is, and then they have to go to school with the book that they're dressed up at.
Speaker 4: It's a character character from a book.
Speaker 2: Yes, so like every and so like our little girls.
Speaker 1: They go to daycare and every day of the week this week they have to dress up as a different character from a different book.
Speaker 2: So we should have had five costumes organized. I'm very, very.
Speaker 1: Lucky because I am part of a beautiful parent WhatsApp group. Right, all of the mums from this beautiful daycare, We're all part of this big WhatsApp group. Now. I was added to it about maybe five months ago, but I have never ever, ever participated in and I'm just a fly on the wall. Yesterday, we were boarding a plane and I saw all these text messages coming back and forth. They were the ones that reminded me that it was a book week, and I thought, Okay, I'm gonna have to get organized. At the same time, you and I were all texting in our pickup group chat. So we have a group chat where we send different articles back and forth and we like, we'll hash out, like what's the content that we're going to do for the So I sent you guys an article. Then I boarded the plane and I left, and I was out of reception for two and a half hours, and then the plane landed and I opened up WhatsApp, and I thought, God, it's weird that you guys hadn't written back to the article that I suggested we should cover on the show, and there was no messages at all. So I went, I opened it up and I had a look, and this was the article I sent. Woman outraged after boyfriend tells her to be more like a lady because she farted almost two years has asked her to act more like a lady because she farts while she is at home. And I sent it as my very first message in the group chat to the parent daycase' not a literal, metaphorical bomb. Not as a single person wrote back to it. They had been texting back and forth all day and then they just stopped.
Speaker 2: Not a laugh emoji, nothing do you reckon? They started a new group chat without you like that.
Speaker 1: Laura Burn's a sicko, No, I wrote back, and I was like, oh my god, guys, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: That was meant for my work group chat.
Speaker 1: And I was like, which is even weirder the fact that I'm sending in a work group chat. And I was like, I'd like to firm I am not sending my daughters to daycare as a giant fart.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, what does this have to do with BOOKWEK I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe they thought then Laura threes to do something wrong with me and that in our relationship, I'm asking for a relationship far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because didn't like Zoe Foster Blake write a book on farts, which they could go as a far which would also be a.
Speaker 2: Very convenient thing to send them to.
Speaker 1: Book Week has just put two pillow cases on them, could be cast for the ghost, could be.
Speaker 2: A far brilliant, brilliant that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: That's bad, man.
Speaker 3: Surely other people are doing this though.
Speaker 1: What sending terrible text messages and making group text fail?
Speaker 4: Oh no, remember that time we were gossiping about someone that we know, a mutual friend, and then I sent you a photo because they didn't look very good, but I accidentally sent the photo to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was not that long ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you also recovered from that, And if he's listening to this, he might now know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all right, that's the show.
Speaker 2: No, we want to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you have had a group fail, like a group text fail, yourself right in or call us in and we will get the best one on Friday, you could win yourself a five hundred dollars chmist weare house about yeah.
Speaker 4: The pickup dot com. You let us know, Yeah, five hundred bucks at chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 3: Well, that's great from us today. Guys, Laura Burn go get your fart out fit, get your kids ready.
Speaker 1: I'll send you, guys a photo, but we can put it on the pick up. I'll send both girls as a fart this week.
Speaker 4: Make sure it's the right group chat mate.
Speaker 2: Please get a better drive home. Now with Will and MORTI going to be talking about.
Speaker 4: They're up next. Also, if you missed any of our show today podcasted on the iHeartRadio app, we had Nicky Webster on the show earlier. If you miss Speaky Strawbery kisses. Also, if colden flu strikes Demzon gets it done, always follow the directions for you.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, here are the boys. What's going on today?
Speaker 4: Very excited for this week.
Speaker 5: It does feel a little bit like we're interviewing people to take our job. As we bring in other successful men in the media, the inspired unemployed are going to be coming in here. That's a better d yeah's only a better duo. And I think Ryan Shelton with Hugh van Kylenberger's part of The Imperfect You're going to be in here as well.
Speaker 4: Popular podcast, Yeah, very popular. Yeah, it's truth.
Speaker 8: But we ourselves are pulling off a great Tim tam stingy this week so that they could not do that. If you don't know what we're talking about, by the way, to stay with us. We'll talk about it more in two minutes.
Speaker 3: I love Hugh van Colemberg. We've had him on the podcast before. I also loved Tim Tam so that's a good one too.
Speaker 4: Dream Show. All right, we'll see you guys tomorrow. Have your birthday.
Speaker 2: It's my birthday week, by the way,