Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQs, Melbourne, Australia, broadcasting.
Speaker 3: To the world for a Christian How old are you? Another?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 3: Wise men? You don't have to bring gifts Breakfast Show.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't watch it.
Speaker 6: I would have been clutching my pearls sack smell.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, The Tire Power six minutes past six Tuesday Morning.
Speaker 3: Gold one I four point three. Good morning, Patrina.
Speaker 5: Jones, Good morning, Christian O'Connell and Jack Morning.
Speaker 3: Patsy, Good morning, Jack Post. How are you yeah good? I'm good this morning. Yesterday.
Speaker 2: You met this guy before when we did the show live in the pub. You met the guy who is like a human billboard for the show.
Speaker 3: Chris Big Greek Chris. He slipped over outside.
Speaker 2: The Jim Heater personal trainer at right two weeks ago. It's been the talk of it and you've seen how solid that man is.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: I think you described in him as carved out of solid mahogany.
Speaker 2: He's just he's just solid, you know, he's just he's as wide as he is tool. Somehow he slipped over outside the gimmy's a personal train over. It's like some wet conditions or something like that, and he cracked his head open an ambulance and it was like deep brain blood oozing out of him. And and yesterday I saw him and he showed me the scar that's right at the back of his head and I said, all right, it's a couple of inches. It's a really deep cash. I was like, what are they putting there? They've got stitches in there, and he went, do you know what they did?
Speaker 3: Super clue?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what your head together exactly?
Speaker 3: I was like, you go to act you do hear? She be right, super clue.
Speaker 5: It's special surgical glue.
Speaker 3: Well he thought it was. He described it as like bunny superen grip like feel Yeah, he said.
Speaker 2: They literally one nurse just like got her hands and sqush pushed it together. The doctor went, this is gonna hurt and put you know that that sort of tip the nozzle thing into the cut and it's like that is if you were doing some grouting between the tiles.
Speaker 4: And then the nurse has to hold your head together for what twelve hours.
Speaker 3: They put in vice.
Speaker 2: I know it would work at school and watch. I did not know that they would do that super glue.
Speaker 4: So why have they done away with the stitches?
Speaker 2: Because he said it's better and stronger than stitches apparently for certain wounds.
Speaker 7: And less risk of infection. I've had that done before on a wound.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's marvelous stuff.
Speaker 7: It's incredible and you don't have to bother, you know, having to go back and get.
Speaker 5: The stitches out.
Speaker 3: And what happens with the super does it just dissolve?
Speaker 5: It just dissolves away. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And do you l does it leave much of a scar?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: No, it's better.
Speaker 7: It's less of a scar because you know some times with stitches, in some areas you can actually see like the stitch points. But it's a beautiful, clean little sky.
Speaker 3: It must be.
Speaker 2: In certain parts of the body they can use the super glue, like for flesh wounds or in your stomach. There's lots offerent maybe layers they need to do stitch because you wouldn't have to be if you had a flesh wound.
Speaker 3: So I got shot, well, actually.
Speaker 7: No, mine's on my side, so no, you can do it on your side, like around you belly region an abdomen.
Speaker 3: What super clue?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you went to some sort of backstreet Well I did not were.
Speaker 3: I think that's your home kit.
Speaker 2: That's how you do it when you get shot a buck shot or something out hunting or like that. Now, this is exciting coming up next. Then have you got your copy? Pats Yes, I have, I've got my copy.
Speaker 3: I see. I didn't realize right.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on the show, Patsy came in and noticed that you were working on a crossword.
Speaker 4: I made my own crossworm and I'd sent him to my dad, and my dad was replying to my email saying, hey, I've got halfway through the crossword.
Speaker 3: Here's where I'm up to.
Speaker 4: And I thought I'll put that in a folder that is for things outside of the show.
Speaker 2: And as I was dragging it to the it sounds like Tom Hawk's.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a long story today.
Speaker 3: Is that what you saw yesterday?
Speaker 2: He like getting in some bands with his sen loving day. I didn't realize. We've got this crossword that you made for your dad, which is awesome, but it's.
Speaker 3: A proper crossword. You've done it on a program. Yeah, I mean I didn't just don't do anything.
Speaker 4: I started drawing it out of myself and it was taking way too long. So I found a program on the internet where you can just punch in your clues and then make it awfully and it looks like one out of the newspaper when he does. But I beg you to not do this as a segment on the.
Speaker 2: Radio show Quality Control, it's all over the place. Why is it that you're so reluctant to bring your crossword clues to our sharp minded listeners.
Speaker 4: Well, for one, a cryptic clos same with thick. No, no, I'm not, I'm not. I'm just saying a cryptic crossword has a specific set of rules, and you've got to know the rules to play the game.
Speaker 3: Mis rules chat the rules post. We'll take us through the rules next. Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Christian superglue was developed by the Americans for use in the Vietnam War to close wounds.
Speaker 3: Very very quickly.
Speaker 2: As came as a field dressing they could put on very quickly.
Speaker 3: I like it all right.
Speaker 2: So Jack has spent three weeks coming up with a cryptic crossword for his. Dada has been taking me through this because I've never done a cryptic crossword.
Speaker 3: In my life.
Speaker 2: I've always gone for some of the UK newspapers do something called the Tea Time Quickie, where it's like a twenty minute crossword. It's a lot easier. It's a starter level. It's my level, and.
Speaker 4: That's usually just synonyms. Right, so you find a word and then a word that you like. It fits into the grid.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you nothing, you said, I understood same.
Speaker 3: It's that's easier clues. It's like it's the capital of England. It's it's that there's no similes. It's that.
Speaker 5: This is already hurt.
Speaker 2: My hid which football stadium, Wembley?
Speaker 3: Tearing through this one. They won't for me, won't for me.
Speaker 2: It's that time quickie, Okay, any cross room you're doing twenty minutes. My dad gets really annoyed that I still do it. My dad does the proper Times and the Telegraph crossword every single day, has done since as a kid.
Speaker 3: He loves crosswords.
Speaker 4: He will love this great. Send it up, please forward it onto him. I'd love to get his feedback on it.
Speaker 3: Oh, my dad lives a feedback.
Speaker 2: When I sent my dad in an advanced copy of the first children's book I wrote, I heard nothing.
Speaker 3: For two days. He rang me and went son, I got the book.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you the chapter that didn't work for me?
Speaker 3: There were seventy two chapters. One chapter. We have to talk for twenty minutes about the one chapter it work for him.
Speaker 2: You you're opening up a portal, all right, maybe he is. You want his feedback, I'll put you to in direct contact.
Speaker 4: No, don't forward it directly, get to send you the feedback.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you want feedback.
Speaker 2: You're going to handle vild Man's withering feedback, all right.
Speaker 3: So take us through. Then.
Speaker 2: For people who don't know, how does a cryptic crossword work?
Speaker 4: Well, a cryptic crossword has eight to ten sets of rules or different ways to decode a clue. It's not something that you can easily teach in a three minute link on the radio. Nor is it something you can easily play on the radio when you know how to play. Because a lot of wages agree.
Speaker 2: Because I know that a lot of our listeners are very intelligent and super quick learners.
Speaker 4: I know, but even even hearing a cryptic crossword clue. So you have to look.
Speaker 2: At it just to and spand out. Buddy, I've got one. It's twenty seven across bali.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven across is bali. This guy's done a crossword before.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, therefore, twenty seven down okay begins is a fall er to word beginning with B.
Speaker 3: Sheep sounds heard in drinking establishments.
Speaker 4: Bar bars, Yeah, yeah, yep, through it now, maybe you can teach it.
Speaker 2: No, I've had a look at all the other clues. I'm out now I'm stumbling to go.
Speaker 3: That's as far as I've got.
Speaker 4: All right, Patsy, Oh so you got two? How many did you get?
Speaker 8: None?
Speaker 3: Have you a look at it?
Speaker 4: Just now?
Speaker 3: What did you do in spandal ballet?
Speaker 5: It's writing a news story for right itself?
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: There's a Rachel that works whose job it was. I didn't realize until the.
Speaker 3: Other week to write. You write next bit? Where you go? I'm Petrina Jones.
Speaker 5: This is beak on the right. I have to write.
Speaker 7: I'm a journalist. I'm looking at seven down. Victorian town has problematic rat area out east.
Speaker 4: Ballarat close arrow rat Yes, all right? Should I give one of the clues for people at home to try to get. All right, this is a three letter word only three letter word type of beer found in Safari Park. It's a type of beer found in Safari par Is.
Speaker 3: This a joke, it's not.
Speaker 4: It's not a joke. There is no punchline.
Speaker 3: Type of beer.
Speaker 4: For you guys to.
Speaker 3: How many letters?
Speaker 4: Three letters?
Speaker 3: Al?
Speaker 7: I was thinking, No, I think I know what is it? What's that animal arc?
Speaker 2: It's not an animal? No, put the animals in his ar a giant boat. No, it didn't shove all the animals an.
Speaker 3: Animal getting the big animal called the arc.
Speaker 5: I'm sure our listeners.
Speaker 3: Jones in the arc of Covenant. It wasn't a giant bird. Something.
Speaker 4: We're looking for a type of beer paths out three letters Safari Park.
Speaker 2: All right, give us a call then nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're testing in brain cells right now.
Speaker 2: Jack Post has actually created a cryptic crossword from scratch using some online computer program for his dad. I've demanded we try and pull this apart on the radio show.
Speaker 3: It is hard. I've got another three more words.
Speaker 4: You're doing very well.
Speaker 3: No, no, I've stop now, I can't do anymore. I can't. I'm stunting at a headache.
Speaker 4: But we should take it off you because you spent the entire adbreaking songs, working on the crossroad. Usually we work some things like what's coming up in five topic Tuesday, what kind of questions we're put in there.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago, I had a dartboard in the studio and three days after having it in the studio, the boss had to come up and find out what the distraction was. Why there were large gap some silence after songs as I was at the hockey, plane darts and also doing a breakfast show the background.
Speaker 3: All right, So the clue you're asking the good listener this morning.
Speaker 4: Is type of beer found in Safari Park. If you're familiar with cryptic crosswords, it is a standard cryptic clue type of beer found in Safari Park.
Speaker 2: Now, if you do like Douney crosswords, and I bet there are quite a few of you that do, We've just put this up on our Facebook page. What are great of all the things we've had this year on our Facebook page? All the endless dull research they.
Speaker 3: See it pay down.
Speaker 2: You want to watch it for a second now, so can you do that five minute link in one second?
Speaker 3: We've got to crossword go up there.
Speaker 2: This is what Zuckerberg's dream was, really cryptic crosswords online. It's up on our page O C one, O four three. There's a price the first person that completes it. All right, let's take some guesses now, then, Sue, good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Good morning, girds.
Speaker 10: How are you all?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I got blood coming out my ears. I'm having to think think too much, Sue. So have you got the answer?
Speaker 3: Suit?
Speaker 9: I think it's you.
Speaker 4: It is not you, Sue, you're kidding me.
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 4: Is there a type of beer called?
Speaker 11: Just googled it? Actually?
Speaker 8: Is there?
Speaker 9: Am you export and Lager?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: It's sadly it's not the correct answer. It's less of a literal translation of the crew clue and more of a cryptic translation.
Speaker 3: So thanks, I may have a good day you too.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 4: She's not she the happiest person to get an answer wrong on any game show ever.
Speaker 2: Chunk people off to now, Damien, good morning morning here you struggling, Damien.
Speaker 3: What do you think the answer is?
Speaker 4: I'm going to get to I p a mate, are you a cryptic crossword tackler?
Speaker 2: Usually Damien doesn't want the clue.
Speaker 4: I p A is correct.
Speaker 2: We're sending your prize. That is great going mate, we'll send your prize World on Tamien. Could you make alcohol based crossword for this? I think that's more our level.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: What is this time of the answerst because it's trump me nuts build a four letter word?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Should I first say? I'll quickly say why I P A is found in Safari Park because the last letter of Safari's I, the first two letters of park a p A, and the word the beer is found inside Safari Park.
Speaker 2: Okay, producers, can you cut that? Make that in today's promo? I don't want to miss this kind of show. What times it start tomorrow? Build a Bear? This is my level, but I've been to a build a Bear factory many times. Build a bear, you're beginning to coddle. Four letters, all right, So the build a bear your beginning.
Speaker 4: So you take the beginning from all those words build a bear your and you get the word baby, which can also mean toddle to baby. Something that's good.
Speaker 3: This is very very high level.
Speaker 2: I'm going to move away now, drawn into this the christ for sure.
Speaker 1: Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three this Sunday, then weekend before the big Grand Final. It is our Grand Final. We're all going to be live on the EJ. Whitten over over in Footscrade. This Sunday fun starts at nine. Folks face painters, Bacon and d rolls and so the granny's getting ready. I think they have to start registering from eight thirty because so many have gone online. Do what time if you want to do that grannies at Gold one four three dot com dot au. We're hoping to have around one hundred grannies taking each other on, trying to kick the footy as far as they can. Last year was just under thirty, just shy of thirty. The winner Bromwin got twenty eight point five four. We're hoping this year we're going to get over thirty. So that is this Sunday now found out yesterday Patsy doesn't use the name Pats pat newsreader legends, Wearabee monster as.
Speaker 4: They were.
Speaker 2: That's the private one is sorry, that's the one we have. It's one of your crossword clues. The answer is Katrina Jones. You use a very different name for your coffee name when you're giving them your order.
Speaker 5: What is it Madge?
Speaker 4: Why is that easier than pats?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: Well, you know what, I was sick and tired of I'd always have to spell my name to the local baristas, and I was just you know, I'd get Katrina, Patricia, Pirina, Petinkos, all these different versions particular. And then I tried Joones, and I'd get Joan, And so I thought, you know what, I'm going to make just a totally different name up and they never get it wrong. And no one else has the name Madge. I thought Madge off, you know, kind of like Marge off the Simpsons, Madge.
Speaker 2: Madge of neighbors as well, And what's the name Charleston was Madge? So and it works on hundred percent. So no one says all right because it's not a common name.
Speaker 4: Is it exactly?
Speaker 7: Match Madge late for Madge, and it's it's just.
Speaker 2: Easy, all right, there'd be I mean, you, Mian about your name is a simple name. My name people just shortened to Chris. No one ever calls me Christians. It's a move here. It's constantly Chris. You have a plumber turn up the other day and my wife, this is my husband, christ and you went Chris. Nice to meet you at not even half a second.
Speaker 3: Think about just repeating what she just said. No it's not it's Chris, all right. Where's the problem with the boy?
Speaker 2: There must be other people who do the same as Pats then, who just give a totally different name just for easy, just want easy the morning when you're getting your coffee and you are whatever your version of Madges.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that you just landed on match.
Speaker 5: Yeah just Marge. I thought, oh that's easy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So if you are what coffee names you give? What's your Madge? Nine four one four one.
Speaker 1: O four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three after seven o'clock this morning. We'll be doing five tobit Tuesday. Your chance to pick up another pair of tickets. It is completely sold out. Back at Mornington Racecourse next year in January twenty twenty talking about Red Hot Summer Taugh Live right now though, we're looking for you if you use a different name for your coffee order. Pats isn't Pats or Patrina. She is Madge, m A dge good old school Nana, name that Madge because one hundred percent no one misunderstands it orre so you spell it or anything like that.
Speaker 3: So if you use a different name for your coffee order, what do you use? Melissa? Good morning?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 3: How are you pretty good?
Speaker 2: Melissa? How are you this morning? It's not a bit sleepy if you had that first coffee yet?
Speaker 11: Not yet? Not yet, waiting until I get to work.
Speaker 3: All right? And Melissa?
Speaker 2: So don't Yeah, so people would understand you don't use the name mel or Melissa.
Speaker 10: No, a lot of people can't understand me. I guess Melissa is simple.
Speaker 11: I get Vanessa, Marissa, Alissa, everything other than Melissa.
Speaker 4: Well, well done to our producers. Then who are able to get it successfully and label you up as Melissa?
Speaker 11: Yes, thank God for that.
Speaker 10: You need a gold star?
Speaker 3: And how come we don't go for mel Surely people could get that right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, No, mal they don't get that right either. It's it's like it's too short for them to understand it.
Speaker 13: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: No one can just have a name with three letters.
Speaker 3: You're really so, what do you use? Isn't three letters? Are not male? Or Minissa?
Speaker 11: Sarah? I'm Sarah everywhere I go.
Speaker 2: Do you ever, because it's not your actual name? And we put so much meaning, don't we honest our names? But surely sometimes when they're getting it out, your bit tired, you're distracted. Do you forget that you are the Sarah they're looking for. Yes, it's a tricky system.
Speaker 11: People waiting for coffees and they'll scream out Sarah, and I'll be like, God, where Sarah?
Speaker 2: I might I might give myself the name Spartacus spars because we see if other people yet out I'm smart?
Speaker 3: All right, Uh Melissa slash Sarah. Thank you very much? You col have a good day. Yeah you too, later, Mark, good morning?
Speaker 12: Yeah you know, Christian, I'm gonna the name of Crash.
Speaker 3: Why do you go with the name of Crash?
Speaker 12: Well, it was a nickname I got when I was a commercial fisherman. But it's just easy Crash. No one they believe me. But yeah, no one else got the name Crash.
Speaker 3: Because Mark is a very easy name.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mark is your good, solid name, dependable name, four letters.
Speaker 3: However, Crash great name.
Speaker 2: It's like some kind of superhero cartoon character. And how did you get the nickname? If you're a fisherman. Were you crashing into the dock or something?
Speaker 12: Yes, you know I crashed around the dick, didn't You didn't have any seas. I come out black and blue and while I got to work, we call me Crash So it's stuck over twenty years.
Speaker 3: There you go, A nickname is born. All right, crash Mark, thank you very much. Now are right?
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now we need to talk about what's happening this Sunday at the EJ.
Speaker 3: Whitten Oval. We are back kristin O'Connell's Grim Final, Save Gran New kicking.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sie Gram, you look at the weather this morning. It is a stunning, stunning day and I'm super excited about this Sunday. It is back our Grand Final weekend. Before the Grand Final, we're hoping to have around one hundred grannies. I think we had about sort of fifty last year that came along taking each other on seeing how far they can kick the footy. Twenty eight point five four was whin a bron win last year. We're hoping you can smash through thirty this year. Still time if you want to get involved and enter granny, she just need to go to Gold one I four to three dot com dot au. However, the really big thing we need to talk about this morning and some extra bits we need from you. First of all, we really hope you can come along and watch and cheer on the Grannies. Last year we had a great crowd. It was really nice. The show was only a couple of months old. Look at us now, we're only two hundred and sixty nine shows old. We're still really young. We were toddlers. I was a toddler last year, now slightly older than that. So come along and watch the Grannies, cheer the Grannies on plenty to see in new fun starts at nine, kicking starts at ten.
Speaker 4: And whether you have a granny kicking or night, you can come along. You don't have to have a grn in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, enjoy have a looker of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Na a granny if a seam will walk her down the street, chuck her in the car, bring her along, Okay, borrow a granny, sponsor a granny. So what we got then is not one, not two three skydivers. Last year we hoped to have a skydiver. We were offered one of our listeners who was going to skydive with the sharing strapped to him, but a groundskeeper Willie out of the home of the bulldogs the oval was worried about if he died and the canopy didn't open, the damage to the turf. I'm not making any of this up, however, I don't know what's happened last twelve months. Now he's not management or they've got a giant trampoline.
Speaker 4: They're just gonna move around if the parachu.
Speaker 2: Crash mat We've got not one, not two, but three skydivers who are going to be jumping out a plane and landing on the oval. We've also got Carlos, our new best friend is back, our opera singer. Last week he was doing an opera grand doorstepping Shane Crawford on his birthday. This Sunday he's doing the national anthem for all of us.
Speaker 4: Will we find a way to use Carlos? Every week?
Speaker 3: My kids do the scene now it's called a streak, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Where you can just get and trying to find a way to use Carlos the opera singer every week to the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we're going to do next week?
Speaker 2: We have got four shows, but yeah, they've got the opera singer as well, loads more as well, free food down there as well. The real big thing we need yesterday we found someone who can make a great trophy, not just any trophy. It's a Faberget egg making a Faberget egg trophy.
Speaker 3: So that's been that's all in play.
Speaker 2: The thing we need now is the most important thing is these grannies. I need you to understand, right. A lot of them took it very very seriously last year, so much so that there was one gran who was very upset that we didn't have the proper standard issue ball, the number five. If you want to you want to know, we had a number four and to be fair, as soon as you got they said, I think this is a.
Speaker 3: Smaller ball than some of them would have been practicing with. Ye most of grannies didn't really care. Some of them.
Speaker 2: One of them, I'm talking to you, Brenda Arnell not as complains during it. After it followed me and produce a brad out into the car park. I thought she was going to belt me and now they pop so the bulls have been delivered. Grands, I can assure you appreciate your australiings. You want to win, you want to kick to win. It is the number five. It is a proper ball. Okay, so hopefully that's only been practicing with some of the entries.
Speaker 3: Then from the grand so far, Hey Christian.
Speaker 14: It's Kirie here. I tried to have a shot last year, but I'm fortunately my granddaughter was born that same day, so I missed on the comp Wait.
Speaker 2: A minute, unfortunately grand born. Surely if you're granny, that's what the job description is.
Speaker 14: Hey Christian, it's Kerry here. I tried to have a shot last year, but I'm fortunately my granddaughter was born that same day, so I but I'm.
Speaker 9: Ready to go.
Speaker 14: I've played a decent season down at them and being a footy club, they called me the mad dog, looking forward to doing my best to kick at least thirty meters.
Speaker 4: It is a big decision that players have to make if they are expecting a child on a day where they have a game, whether they're going to play or not, most of them choose to play, So mad dogs should Playlet.
Speaker 2: Don't feel comfortable calling a grandmother mad dog.
Speaker 4: I didn't give her the name she gave herself.
Speaker 3: I just don't fell right, fell right.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian, this is Chris.
Speaker 13: I'm a massive Pie fan for forty eight years. My daughter nominated me for the Grand Final, and I believe I can take out the title this year with a massive kick of over thirty meters.
Speaker 9: Our girls at all mine this year.
Speaker 3: Wow fighting talk there.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian Lacy here looking forward to Grand Final.
Speaker 15: I'm reckon, I'm going to do really well. Just over steady minus I can go.
Speaker 9: So watch out, grands the titles line.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up next, and there's one person we need for this Sunday, very very important.
Speaker 3: I tell you who that is. Next.
Speaker 2: I need one of you to step forward to help us out. And then I think I think we're all good to go. So Christian O'Connell, Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. All right, we have a you can have a game of footye. We've got the banner that we came up with on Friday. We've got the slogan for the banner that will be chanted by everyone out there on Sunday as well. Some more of the entries from these amazing Grands.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 15: She has injuring back this year and I'm going to give her a red red hot go. I've been playing at Waverly Park a couple of weeks ago and a women's game. Had a pretty good run out there.
Speaker 14: I've got the good day gat the trading.
Speaker 15: This year, I'm bringing out home weekness.
Speaker 3: Bring it shaza, Hi, Christian.
Speaker 6: This is Brenda, also known as Junior the Cobogliance. Last year I went in the Grand Final and kicked over twenty meters. So this year I'm going to go for thirty as I'm feeling fitter at seventy and this grand can do it.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 3: That's Brendan now, the one that followed me up to the car park last year.
Speaker 4: She sounds harmless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the way, so Jeffrey time.
Speaker 4: I'm sure from time I.
Speaker 2: Have the message or something, they can turn ne I forget that some of them robbed us last year as well.
Speaker 3: They are wild. They need to be in a cage.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's the only way guarantee my safety, the nun cage.
Speaker 15: Hey, Christian at shell here. I'm really looking forward to the Grand Final again. This year. I made it to the top eight. Last year, I reckon I can kick over forty forty five meters. This year been training with the Juan Ifl Masters boys down here and ready and rare and to go looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Do you think a lot of them some of them are coming back from last year because I had a good time and they now feel that they could do a bit more. And I think also in the last twelve months some of them probably inducing. Are we drug testing him or not? I say, bring it, Grands, take whatever you want, shove it up, your nose, down it, whatever you got to do to see if you can kick over thirty Okay, so the thing we need for Sunday. This is a really I think this is key his how it works. Granny steps up, I said, good luck, Granny. Granny kicks the ball. Who is the person measuring the kick?
Speaker 3: Jack Post?
Speaker 4: And I did flawless job last year? If I say so myself.
Speaker 3: You were amazing.
Speaker 2: The only the only bad point about the performance was afterwards, you know, when we're giving the granny the giant trophy. I looked around for my wingman JP Jackpost.
Speaker 3: Where was he?
Speaker 2: And one of the producers went, he's having a massage right now? Not not now, he'd have.
Speaker 3: It after this. We're doing everyone. Everyone is here.
Speaker 2: There were six hundred people that are the crowd, the Granninges, their families.
Speaker 3: Jack was having a massage on the treatment I did.
Speaker 4: When I was running around back and forth getting the measurements, I did ping something in my lower back.
Speaker 2: You get that fixed at the end of it. You don't do it during the awards ceremony.
Speaker 3: That will fill me. If you watch the video you're seeing where is where's.
Speaker 2: Wally is in the background having a rub down, or the Granninges didn't get injured.
Speaker 3: No, you were faultless. So you are. You are back there? Thank you measuring that?
Speaker 4: Then my job is to get the measurement. Yell out twenty eight point five four meters. Then where does that go?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Last year it went to Patsy and that is where it might as well just gone in the drain. I'm afraid that that you are a You are like a Swiss army knife on this show.
Speaker 3: Your powers are many.
Speaker 7: That pip figures are not one of them, numbers are not one of them. And I'm I'm happy to declare.
Speaker 2: That great, Well, you weren't we had to take it off you. You kept saying no and get angry. Pass he has been moved on. I think it's a more important role on the day.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's what they tell the kid at school that can't play sport.
Speaker 5: That is what they tell the.
Speaker 2: One that's using dear. I don't think this is right. I don't think this is right, very sad. I think if you think about footy, what do we love about footy? Face painting? That's what Pats she's doing. She's running a face painting table for the kids, the grands. However, this means that we now need one of you to step up, someone who lives for Excel spreadsheets, to capture what do you call it, the data that comes in the numbers and put them in quickly and.
Speaker 5: Cleanly to the engine room. It's the Internet of the whole.
Speaker 3: Day, that's it, and we need someone who can do that.
Speaker 2: Normally, these people in an office or a company that the grays aren't they they're the backroom team. You know, you see them pouring over Excel spreadsheets and stuff like that. We need to find someone who is excellient.
Speaker 4: I was trying to make myself laugh, but I couldn't try harder.
Speaker 3: I need new wing people someone and who is excellion.
Speaker 2: Oh that's terrible Jack right anyway, we need to find someone who is a wizard on Excel spreadsheets who can do this. So we need someone who can do this under pressure as well, because there will be a lot going on and some of those grindies, like I said, they're going to be juicing. They can turn as well. So you need to be able to do this really quickly and do it day in, day out and capturing all the data as it comes in. If that's you, we really seriously do need you. Sunday nine four one four one four to three. Your Grand Final needs you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Grand Final back this Sunday.
Speaker 2: We are down at the EJ. Whitten Oval from nine. Come along cheer on all of the grannies kicking the footy as far as they can. But right now we need someone who works day in, day out under pressure to do with data entry, to keep a scorn Excel spreadsheet of the granny's scores and their kicks. Michelle, good morning, Hey, how are you? I'm good Michelle, So tell me about your experience. VISU is now a live job interview?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, do you want a spreadsheet?
Speaker 12: I can put one together, worries.
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 3: And what do you do for a living that helps us skill out?
Speaker 11: Ad in tregue?
Speaker 9: So spreadsheet, numbers, assets, whatever, whatever?
Speaker 12: What do you want.
Speaker 3: To put in? Well?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: And then what do you actually do? Ah, I'm a scientist?
Speaker 2: He does, have very sure about it. How do you What kind of scientists are you? She's a bit vague slash made up.
Speaker 3: Well, it's pretty broad, you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, generically I'm a scientist. Is there something you're not allowed to tell us?
Speaker 3: Oh? Do you work in a specialist area? No?
Speaker 9: Not really, just doing levy stuff.
Speaker 4: And I believe you, and that is something a scientist would say.
Speaker 3: I had to throw us off the scent. Who do you do labby stuff for?
Speaker 1: I'm a university monash could be?
Speaker 3: Are you working for the government?
Speaker 9: I could not be.
Speaker 3: Are you working for the illuminati?
Speaker 16: I could be.
Speaker 2: I'm getting closer. Okay, Michelle, it might be you. We've got to move on. We might be taking you up Sunday. All right, thanks a lot, it's going okay, all right, have a good day. Thanks Michelle Owen.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Hello, Hello Owen. What do you do for living mate that will come and down help us out?
Speaker 16: I work for the REF and I manage data systems to keep aircraft in flight corridors and things like that.
Speaker 3: So you keep planes in the sky.
Speaker 16: To keep planes in the sky, to keep us safe.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, very very expensive planes in the skies.
Speaker 4: This is the guy we well, no room for error, I imagine, Owen.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, we have so many systems that use so many different types of data and new mary data height data, let letter to longer.
Speaker 3: Choose same when they keep that sharing.
Speaker 2: It's got longitude, latitude, height, velocity gradient.
Speaker 3: We need all that captured. You're the man. Oh and you're hired. Okay, great man, Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, half time coming up. Royal Melbourne Show is back. It's a big, all new Royal Melbourne Show. We've got family passes every single day and all day long here on Gold one oh four point three. But right now to the next hour on five top A Tuesday. You got a family pass, bit your parking, you've got a ride pass as well food vouchers.
Speaker 3: All of that flory.
Speaker 2: Your story's on five top At Tuesday and the five Topics. This morning, we've had my wife's dad, my father and all staying for the last two and half weeks. Flew back to London. Yesterday. Wife goes into the spare room where obviously he's been staying for the last two and half weeks, but last two and enough weeks.
Speaker 3: I just keep saying to.
Speaker 2: My wife, there's a funny smell from his room, right, seriously, like a funny smell, almost like fruitcake or something.
Speaker 3: That I think he's up to something in there. I don't think, so I don't want to go in there.
Speaker 2: It's my dad and anyway, yesterday she finds out there's a lot of vaping paraphernalia, as she called it. He'd been this guy is seventy four, he'd been secretly vaping, right, especially not all that on the head smoking, vaping like a teenager with a window open upstairs.
Speaker 3: In the spare of the two and up weeks.
Speaker 2: That was the fruity smell, you know they have all he's just like last week cents and stuff like that, so it doesn't smell like nicotine, a secret vapor.
Speaker 4: Next he'll be climbing down the drain pipe in the.
Speaker 3: Middle of the night.
Speaker 2: So what did your house guest get up to? So yeah, the kids all think it's cool. They got like a rock and roll grandad who vapes at the age of seventy four. What did your house guest get up to? My father not vape secretly?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Today on the show, we took this call when this has to turn into one of the topics today. Celebrities that your parents hated.
Speaker 16: Mum didn't like.
Speaker 8: Paul Hogan and the Paul Hogan Show.
Speaker 3: Everyone Paul Hogan.
Speaker 8: Oh, well I did and my dad did, but mum didn't approved.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Celebrities your parents disliked. Have you ever borrowed something and broke it? It's the worst thing of the world. If you borrow something from somebody and you damage it in any way or break it, it's terrible. So we look at those stories as well. Notable wrong numbers, either that you've called or did you used to keep getting someone calling you When you call the wrong number. You never take their word for it, do you? You never hang up a meetia you go?
Speaker 3: Are you sure? Wayne? Wayne Wayne Wayne Wayne Harris, Wayne Harris.
Speaker 2: Isn't there No one ever takes your word for you? Go No, I'm sorry, you got wrong number. They just say it again. Then they call back immediately, don't.
Speaker 3: Higgo who works it? Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant present. So what's the word? He put it on his Twitter feed yesterday.
Speaker 4: His dad's home number is one number off of brothel.
Speaker 3: Sure, I've made that simple error.
Speaker 4: Every now and again he'll get a customer inquiring bringing his dad.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And finally this morning on five tob of Tuesday. Dangerous games you played as a kid. Maybe you invented this game or something you played at school. Dangerous games you played as a kid. Those are your five topics. What did your house guest get up to, celebrities your parents hated? Have you ever borrowed something and broke it? Notable wrong numbers and dangerous games you played as a kid. Nine four one oh four three Give us a call with your stories.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Win tickets all day long on this radio station. We've got them to the next half an hour for your stories on five top of Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Go to the all new Royal Melbourne show this morning.
Speaker 2: We're looking for stories about what did your house guest get up to. My father in law has been staying for the last two weeks secretly vaping in the spare bedroom in his bedroom. Shocking guys seventy four. Why is he so frightened of his daughter?
Speaker 3: I get it? Two weeks?
Speaker 2: No celebrities, your parents hated. Have you ever borrowed something from somebody and then you damaged it?
Speaker 3: You broke it? Notable wrong numbers.
Speaker 2: We've got some great ones lined up and dangerous games she played as a kid. The un important phone number you need is nine four to one four one oh four three. Let's go to Sophie. Good morning, Sophie, Good morning, Hey morning Sophie. Thanks for calling firetop it Tuesday. What have you got for us?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 17: So my mum when she was a kid, she played a pretty dangerous game of roof cricket, where she climbed her neighbor's tree onto their roof and then her brothers and sisters went on their roof they played cricket across the street.
Speaker 3: I love the sound of this.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you know what cricket. Australian needed your mum. They didn't need David Warner.
Speaker 4: Did wait did you? Did you say they play across the streets? The one the bowler is on one roof, he bowls across the street. I hope it's better on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is better than Australian Ninja.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 3: I always want to roof cricket. This is invented by your mum. Yep. What's the name of this great woman? We need to know her?
Speaker 9: Janet?
Speaker 2: Janet of course is what Janet does. How she had a couple of drinks when she first went up there to try this.
Speaker 3: No, she was like, ten, right, okay, this is brilliant.
Speaker 2: And have you I hope you you obviously never played this yourself, have you, Sophie?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: All right, great, all right, Sophie, great story. Thanks according you might have a good.
Speaker 2: Day, all right, Andrew, good morning, I'm good Andrew. Thanks recording us. Which when you took calling it about notable numbers.
Speaker 18: So just as my son was being born, I started getting all these phone calls about someone would just hang up as soon as I heard my voice. Others would sort of go, I'm after I can't remember the person's name, but so maybe for a good time. And I'm looking at it to be a Westerner strain classify the which had got my number wrong, I'll put my number on instead of someone else's number. So I put that Fifteen phone calls over a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: From people looking for a good time.
Speaker 18: Yeah, pretty much, and if I could meet them at a car park somewhere.
Speaker 2: All right, Andrew, thank you very much. Cool, have a good day. Thanks forgoing about, Kytie. No, yeah, Kytie, Welcome to five Toibit Tuesday. What's your story?
Speaker 10: So my story is on the dangerous games as a kid, and it's actually my husband's story, so I'm happy to announce his embarrassing and kicks. But they used to play game called flaming footy.
Speaker 2: I think we can already guess it involves to use a footy that is on fire.
Speaker 10: Well the foot he was actually a toilet roll. So this started in camping times and they would soak that in something flammable and then lighter and you know, then you can play football at night time.
Speaker 2: You can say that a lot of money in the lights they use if they played with it this Friday night, if they played with a flaming footy and use this idea.
Speaker 10: The problem is that you're playing at nighttime and you can see the football that you can't see anything else. And so the last time he played it he was an adult, him and his mate rent camping not that long ago, and after a few drinks decided they'd reattempt this game. And he actually kind of slid down an embankment and did a backflip while he was trying to do a major kick. Came home very sore and sorry with broken ribs.
Speaker 2: Amazing though drinking had been involved, you could guess all of that.
Speaker 3: That is a great one, Kylie. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Okay, thank you, good day, Jeers, Thanks you too.
Speaker 12: Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: In Music News yesterday, musical legend passed away Rick as lead singer with the Cars, but even forgot about the Cars.
Speaker 3: They banned.
Speaker 2: But during the seventies and eighties they did some great albums. I want I heard the news yesterday. I went and dug out the debut Alba by the Cars, which is a great album.
Speaker 3: There's not a tough track on.
Speaker 2: It also went on to produce many bands like No Doubt and did a couple of the Wheezer albums as well. And I can work out what song to play today, whether they play drive or just what I needed. But I'm going to go with this because they've got such a great sound, and when they came along in nineteen seventy seven with this debut album, no one else was sounding a lot.
Speaker 3: They're on the radio. They're a pioneer of new wave.
Speaker 2: This is the cars for the late great Rick Aksak and My best Friend's Girl that is forty old. That track the album came out in nineteen seventy out of just chet.
Speaker 3: Listen this week.
Speaker 2: Even if you've never heard any of their songs and you want to hear something different, listen to the debut album and then there's eleven tracks on there, not a bad.
Speaker 3: Track on there.
Speaker 2: And that's one of about three or four of the huge hits they had.
Speaker 3: Forty years old. It's true, it's not the great music.
Speaker 2: It just endures, isn't that Still it has an edge to it even now that song you sound fresh, the jangly angular guitar and the harmonies on there you enjoyed that though. I've just had a text from my new friend I met a couple of weeks ago through Crawf raisor Ray raisor Ray is listening right now, probably driving to work in his umpires gear bang a tune. I just texted back, going which game you work? And he's doing this Friday night, Richard merssus Johnel, what a huge game to be umpire.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you use a pump up song for umpire? You know, do you get the headphones on before a big game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd want to call up something to fire Out's actually a massive game like that. All right, we're doing five too much Tuesday. We are midway through five Domit Tuesday. The five phone in is running this morning for Royal Albourn Show. Tickets are dangerous games you played as a kid for her about Ruth Cricket about ten minutes ago. Notable wrong numbers? Have you ever borrowed anything and broke it? Celebrities your parents hated? And what did your house guest get up to? My father in law's been staying the last two weeks. It's gone home. We found out yesterday I'd been secretly vaping guy's seventy four secretly vaping in his bedroom. Some alls on Facebook, peopleen leaving what has a house guest done? My mother law was visiting from inter state. I finished all my morning chores, went out, took my child a kindergarten, came home to find a redoing the same chores because she didn't think I'd done them. Probably my mother in law does exactly the same, Rebecca. About nineteen years ago, my brother's girlfriend and her kids moved in. Her daughter was around the same age as me, stole my digitimon, and no one ever cared or held her accountable.
Speaker 3: Nineteen years late, I'm still fuming. Give me back my digitimon, Jessica.
Speaker 2: Rebecca, that's great Christian celebrities. Your parents had a vendetta up towards John farnhams on Karen many years ago. My family had to wait for John Farnham to perform a concert as on the back of a truck in the front of a grand hotel, mournitor. We had to wait for ages. His plane was apparently running very late. Dad naverever poking for it. Braiden, My dad thought Rod Stewart was the root of all evil. Yes, I think George Bush Junior, didn't he plot him on the Access.
Speaker 3: Of Evil Ben Narden Rod Stewart.
Speaker 2: All right, so the phone number four, the phone is today as always known for one for one four three.
Speaker 3: Donna, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Donna, welcome of five Tobit Tuesday. You talk about celebrities that your parents don't like?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 11: Yes, that's what My mother didn't like. Bruce mcavony because she's on that he was very precious. So she would watch him on the TV and say, look at him. I bet he's never washed a dish in his life. He's never worked in the garden or Yeah. And the stupid thing was he wouldn't turn the television off. She would sit there watching him.
Speaker 2: But Bruce strikes me as a man who's watched many plays. He's got a lovely rose garden like Kevin Sheady, the man involved in footage.
Speaker 11: Precious. Yeah, she thought he was very precious. But I say I must just say that Jack. She was a Coburg girl, So I don't know whether that had anything to do with it or not.
Speaker 3: No, I'm I.
Speaker 4: Mean as a Coburg resident, I love Bruce mcavane.
Speaker 3: Your neighbors. There's any illwill towards the great Bruce.
Speaker 2: I'll go up and down the street this afternoon. Anyone wouldn't love that great gentle kind man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, but the stupid party she would keep watching. Mum turned the TV. She'd I look at him body. He's never washed the dish, and that was the main thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to rest now until I do. Remember I put him on my top five. What do you want to speak to Bruce mccavany, I now want to speak to him a sap.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you watched the dish? Bruce been out of the garden yet? Springs here?
Speaker 2: Bruce put the mora out come on Donna. That's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: You called you Christian.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take some more calls next on five topic Tuesday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Just a an email coming from Debbie. I cannot read it out on air. It actually open up possible legueal action. It's about a vendetta that her mum has about the actor Christopher Walken.
Speaker 3: I show it to you a fair shot up, you know, it's just like I can't read that.
Speaker 2: We've in court and the biggest one of the moment on five Top of Tuesdays dangerous games you played as a kid. And all I keep hearing from Jack and Brad and Beck and Collars are going through all these amazing stories.
Speaker 3: Is that's a great story too dangers to have on air.
Speaker 4: We just don't want to encourage. I guess kids who are listening on their way to school and.
Speaker 2: They hang on our every word, you know, they transcribe the shows and acts out links in the playground as well. But some of these games actually are really really really dangerous. I mean, we just can almost do a podcast with the calls.
Speaker 3: That we've had to go.
Speaker 2: This is amazing story, we can't put it on air. All right, let's go to the lines to the ones we can broadcast this morning. Brett, good morning, I'm good. I hope you well this morning. Thank you for all? Yeah, very well, waits in there for us, which when he coolling it about Brett on five Topics.
Speaker 8: The wrong phone number one mate, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brett, is this you what happened?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 8: It was actually well it was my parents when I was a kid. The local bank opened a new branch, and when they did all their advertising material or all their calendars and all the rest of it, but actually actually advertised my mum and dad's home phone number is their bank is their bank branch phone number.
Speaker 3: What a night it was.
Speaker 8: It was probably twenty phone calls a day. I reckon, it was insane. And in the end what happened was my dad got that jack of it. He actually started answering the phone as the bank, as the bank branch on the phone, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Can have an image off, Yes, you can have a mortgage, how aboutever you want.
Speaker 8: Well, it was actually even better than that. This guy rang up to get gave his name and say John Smith or whatever, and I rang up to get an account balance, and my dad said, only there's what two dollars forty in the bank, and the guy went absolutely nothing and said there should be twenty thousand bucks in the bank, and had said, oh, well, there was actually a twenty thousand dollars withdrew all made yesterday morning by missus Smith. And the guy went even more nuts and went that kid, I've had enough. I'm going to go home and kill her. We never heard anymore about it. That was it. It was all done and dusted. It was all finished after that. So whatever happened, I don't know, but yeah, Tom, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: What especially as because we introduce you, Brett as one of the calls we can put to our this morning.
Speaker 16: If they can put that to I don't know what you count.
Speaker 2: As well, Brett. That's a great story, that brilliant. Thank you very much recording him.
Speaker 8: Brett, My pleasure. Have a good day, all right.
Speaker 3: And your chest Brett, Michelle, good morning.
Speaker 9: Have the money all right.
Speaker 2: So you've also got one about I love these stories about wrong numbers. So what's your one, Michelle.
Speaker 19: Okay, So I used to work a prominent cemetery and we shared a number close with the local real estate agent.
Speaker 2: There is a crossover, you know, those holes in the grounds. They've got tons of room for development in a very up and coming area.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, so we would get a call because they'd want to look at a property, and we have a little bit of a very polite joke about we sell your final piece of real estate. You know, it's real estate of a different kind, and it was. We're always amused there and at times.
Speaker 9: We actually got sales out of it.
Speaker 8: Too.
Speaker 3: While they're on the phone, You guys are amazing, amazing from someone grieving to yeah, I've come around and never look at number sixty two. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Okay that's incredible. Can you come and work for this radio station?
Speaker 16: Okay, not a problem, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Michelle, thank you very much, you call.
Speaker 9: Thank you bye.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So it's say the last few calls coming up after the outbreaks? What did your house guest get up to? Celebrities your parents disliked?
Speaker 3: Haven't anything yet?
Speaker 2: For anything you've borrowed and then broke wrong numbers? We're getting some great stories on a dangerous games she played as a kid. Nine one four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three one last call we can squeeze in on five topic Tuesday, What did your one phone in?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 2: Has been about what did your house guest get up to? After my father in law stay for the last two weeks, seventy four found out yesterday clearing out his bedroom that he's been living in for the last two weeks, ours that he's been secretly vaping. Is it in amazing that seventy four years of age secretly vaping.
Speaker 4: What are you going to do with the vape kit?
Speaker 3: That guy's grounded, so grounded. David Carroendin's on the line. Good morning, Caroendin, good morning.
Speaker 20: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good mate, So tell us about the house guest story.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it was.
Speaker 20: Actually my name. She was staying with us for a couple of months and she's not getting up during the night, and we'll continually ask her what are you doing during the night three o'clock in the morning, and should be quite vague about it. And then it all came out when she woke up one morning and she had chocolate all her hair, all over a face, and so she's actually getting up middle night having a bit of a nibble. Wasn't admitting it until Yeah, she was caught out with it all over her. So, ye are quite interesting, quite funny at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the thing about these older nannies granny's as we're finding out last year. They well, she's obviously got the munchies, you know, late night take up there.
Speaker 3: They think it's so woodstock or something.
Speaker 1: And I counted that's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, I pitched an idea. You know about this idea I've got involving you two.
Speaker 4: I personally love it great and I can picture it and I think we'd spashally out of the park, and so would they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that they would like it. Right.
Speaker 2: I've been lucky enough to interview Bono and the Edge quite a few times over the years, and so really excited, like I know lots of you are, that they're coming over here Friday the November fifteenth, Joshua Tree Live. Not just that, not just one of the rock and roll's greatest albums, but also got Noel Gallagher of formerly of Our Ways is supporting them as well, has to be doing on the entire world tour. So super excited and I thought be great to get them on the news show over here. The last time I interviewed it was the whole band. It was at Abbey Roads Studios and I was allowed to bring listeners listen to a whole brand new album and then be surprised by the band walking in at Abbey Road Studios. It was amazing, really really well, real highlight for fans of the band and for me as well. And then get into Chatler band. It was brilliant and anyway, so I've had this idea. Yesterday I finally dug out some old contacts and I went to the UK record label for the YouTube.
Speaker 4: Now are we keeping hush hush about what the idea is while it's still in You know why a.
Speaker 2: Lot of thieves in this building who sleep with people that work for rival organizations. Producer whose lovely wife is r and me, Friday Lady loose lips at night time, Bradley cast lives. So let's just say the U two idea yep. I pitched it yesterday. Now, I didn't want to put too much blur because sometimes when you're pitching something, if people get lost in the detail that comes later, you just need to go. This is the ITEA top one idea and this one is a visual one I need.
Speaker 3: I just needed an image.
Speaker 2: It says what the idea is and the subject heading I got rio. This guy has been highed from Sydney, as described to me and you when we first met him as a young gun.
Speaker 3: You know, this guy understands the modern world. Oh what he can't do?
Speaker 2: I simply asked him a week ago, and the lazy git hasn't done it. It's been too busy trained for his Grand final game?
Speaker 3: Can he mock up the image I need? Didn't do it last week? I asked him again yesterday I did that today. Half an hour later I see it arrive in my own box. It looks shocking, Jack, I'm not exaggerating, am I?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like it was made in remember paint. It was a Microsoft work program.
Speaker 5: Well, he asked for my help with it yesterday, really.
Speaker 4: Photoshop.
Speaker 5: On the way out, I said, what's that? What is that? Miss Rey?
Speaker 2: I do you know what I just I shouldn't have sent it. This is my one shot I sent their image. I sent the pitch to usually gone to the managers of you two, and this is the reply. The reply came back an hour later okay, and was like, this is hilarious.
Speaker 3: We love this idea.
Speaker 2: Also hilarious is the shocking photoshop. And then it says we'll pass it on to the boys. They would either love this or hate it, and that to me sums up my career right on.
Speaker 3: Successful failure. Isn't that where we should be either love it or hate it?
Speaker 2: But they drew attention to the shocking photo shop and then my wife had.
Speaker 3: A look at it.
Speaker 2: When you should not have sent that, you should not have sent that you should have made Rio do another one.
Speaker 4: Without saying too much. You two were totally out of proportion to where we need some photoshop onto.
Speaker 2: It was all the top of the idea in Melbourne and they look like monsters.
Speaker 4: They look like godzillas as we would be taking over the city.
Speaker 2: I'm worried that the band are going to think that the proportions the image is going to put them off the idea.
Speaker 4: Are we playing in a tiny world?
Speaker 3: Why are we in the miniature? I can't say too much about it. Is it a miniature one? No, we don't like it. Next idea and suddenly it's dead in the water.
Speaker 4: If they say no, it's Rio has to go.
Speaker 3: Rio has to go.
Speaker 1: The first time and O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three yesterday we suddenly realized getting ahead of this Sunday's Grand Final, it's our second one. It's back this Sunday twenty second or September. We are back out the E. J. Whitten Oval in Footscrade from nine o'clock and loads going on. If you would come down cheer, all the grannies taking each other on, trying to kick the foot as far as they can, got face painters, including Pats, a massage zone.
Speaker 3: Do we have that last year for them?
Speaker 4: Well, you had one for the grannies. I didn't think it was the order you. I had to go while the grannies were not using it as sure, but that's cool. If it's for anybody, that's really cool.
Speaker 3: You hope that there'll be some Mailvet wrote for yours.
Speaker 4: And we'll section off one for us and then.
Speaker 2: Create your own cheer sign for the grounds as well. We got not one, not too three skydivers, Carlos from vic Opra is singing the national anth as well. Free bacon and egg burgers, and you got free coffees as well, and there are cash prices to be one for people that turn up as well. So Old starts at nine o'clock. Yesterday we realized we didn't have a trophy for the winning grand which is terrible, and Joanna stepped in, Joanna, good.
Speaker 9: Morning, good morning, how are you guys?
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 2: So twenty four hours on you're responded to our sos and you you design and make these lovely Faberge eggs in your spare time, Yes, I do. And hey, you getting on with the designs for the winning Grand Final trophy?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm I'm on halfway.
Speaker 3: That's quick.
Speaker 9: Look at him cut it because it will take too much time. So I'm making a football. So yeah, it's just a lot of painting.
Speaker 7: I gotta do it.
Speaker 9: Can't just do your coats, the civil coats.
Speaker 2: I said that Jack Early is going to hopefully should have it done by ten oils. Was he.
Speaker 9: Not to die?
Speaker 3: Somebody don't understand.
Speaker 9: Maybe by tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: I said to get a grip. And so what egg did you go for?
Speaker 9: I go the Ostrich egg, the largest one.
Speaker 4: And when you say you didn't have time to cut it, does that mean he didn't empty it? Is the eggs still going to be wishing around in there?
Speaker 9: No, no, no empty inside.
Speaker 3: It a mug wire from Grevilins. There's a trophy as a surprise in side image. Ostridge comes out one day.
Speaker 4: Keep it in the fridge.
Speaker 11: You're all those eggs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, so you buy an empty or do you empty it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Buy them empty?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah you go yeah, yeah until they come yesterday.
Speaker 3: We're looking for the data.
Speaker 2: Anybody, nobody yet take up that one.
Speaker 9: I'm still looking. Yes, we did have hard to find.
Speaker 4: We had one caller saying they could lend you a goose egg. That's as close as we.
Speaker 9: Got o goose and chicken eggs. I'm fine because you can find them and I can do them mysell. Yeah, but ostrich and in you you need to find them and emptied.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Anyway, I've still got a few to go.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 2: And so you're doing it. And then the like the design of a of a footy ball, yeah, like a.
Speaker 3: Shads right, yes, yes, And what's going to be written on there? How's that bit of it going?
Speaker 9: We're going to have I fell on one side, of course, but we're going to have golder Femi on the other. And the year. So today I'm going to shopping. If I find anything with putty thing, it will be added on. So it just depends what I find.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to go.
Speaker 11: Well, I have to.
Speaker 9: I have to because I need some other little fiddly bits and I've got to go looking. If I find great, If i'm not.
Speaker 2: I'll have to do my best, right, Okay, So we're looking forward? Are you looking for taffeta.
Speaker 9: I'm looking for a little like a figurine of a footballer or a little footy or a little trophy just to add to make.
Speaker 3: Those are very easy to find.
Speaker 4: Shopping a tiny grandma kicking the football. You'll be able to find.
Speaker 3: Miniatures. They're always bringing out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they had a few years ago and I collected I made one for my grandson. Maybe I'll pinch one of these and put it in all.
Speaker 2: Right, Joanna, good on you, thank you very much for helping us out.
Speaker 9: Thank you, enjoy your day.
Speaker 2: I love you by I don't forget that that lady seriously yesterday is relying on you to try and source some new giant eggs because her egg dealer is in a nursing home.
Speaker 3: None of this I'm making up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Today's that work time waste one inborn day. Today.
Speaker 2: Today is Victorian Bird Appreciation Day. Appreciate the birds everyone, even those terrifying magpies you have here.
Speaker 4: You've been swooped yet, No, I've been swooped by non magpie. Oh yeah, it was like a guess, like a finchy looking thing.
Speaker 3: Why are they so aggressive here?
Speaker 7: They're protecting their young in the nest because they're just having their babies.
Speaker 2: Well, I've never stolen a magpie's egg. I just want to say that to our magpie listeners right now. All right, So it is Victorian Bird Appreciation Day. We're looking for bird bands today. I've got the rapper Notorious b I R. D. Boom Fleetwood McCaw.
Speaker 3: With nine inches quells.
Speaker 2: These are gold and I'm not sure about this world's gold now maybe bronze or shiny gold, Budgie Holly.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 3: Come on, by all.
Speaker 2: Budgy ones get gold today our National Victoria Bird Appreciation Day.
Speaker 3: Jack, what have you got for bird bands?
Speaker 4: The red Hot Chili Peckers, ren Folds five, ren Folds five.
Speaker 3: Now we heard it. Didn't care for it?
Speaker 4: You two can that.
Speaker 3: I love it or hate it? Yet? React? Photo shopper too, can looking like.
Speaker 4: Bono and Nick Cave and the bird seeds.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, No taxi for post? All right?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 3: What have you got your bird bands? Oh? Four seven five three, one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's at work time waster. It is a Victoria bird Appreciation Day. Screwed up the bit of paper wrote on. Sorry, then I read it on a newspaper. That's right, that's the newspaper.
Speaker 3: It is the.
Speaker 2: National note Victoria bird Appreciation Day today.
Speaker 3: Looking for your bird movies. And amongst all the texts.
Speaker 2: Flying in bird bands, bird bands, there's this one here. My dad didn't like LIBERACEI especially his rings. All right, there's a birdman Skychooks clever golden dom wld done. The Finch Fighters silver like Peter Mountmartha Franz, Berdinand gold plus Bradley Simon and Gilar.
Speaker 4: Gold plush from.
Speaker 3: Schools be well done. The Budgees what begs a right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love bad silver plus.
Speaker 2: Adam and Eltham North Uh Joe cookertoo oh yeah silver plus Steve Churple.
Speaker 3: Gold shame well done.
Speaker 2: Powder Finches bronze, Roy Ostrichson shocking bronze Ronnie that uh, Flyer Straights, silver guns and crows no bronze too, Canjaran.
Speaker 3: Gold, black Crow, Sabbath.
Speaker 4: Bronze minus Jip Jimmy Barnow say again, sorry, Jimmy Barnow, I don't get that type.
Speaker 3: It's the top of.
Speaker 4: Our year, barn l I don't love it.
Speaker 3: Bronze Parrot of the Disco, Now that is good.
Speaker 4: That's better, Silver.
Speaker 2: Jack and Frankston, well done, Jethrow Gull silver plus, hen at Work hen Gold Trick silver plus, Pink Floyd Mingo, oh yeah, silver Abatross.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: I can end it on that world and everyone thanks.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time now for some late night thoughts. You know, sometimes women too. This is a generalization. I'm just saying this, but in my experience I find it true, and I can only talk about my experience candidly. Is that sometimes when the lights go out, it's like my wife is powered by the dark. The opposite of solar power is I don't know the lack of light darkness. And that's when it's the best time to have a big old chat or drop one of those topics.
Speaker 3: As you're saying good night last night, no word of a lie.
Speaker 2: As we're saying good night to each other, my wife goes, do you ever worry sometimes that you'll go to sleep and not wait.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: What we were saying good night and we're done for all the talking and thinking.
Speaker 3: I was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: You know, just these poor people that you hear about but just pass away during their sleep, you know. Then you start of getting anxious, you sort of creating sitting. Oh you feel a bit Oh my heart, I can eat one of those people. I'm now scared of sleep. Then you can't go to sleep because you're geting stressed about you can't go to.
Speaker 3: Sleep, and I'm worried that I'm not going to wake up. Then are going to die?
Speaker 2: I thought, Hang on a minute, is she threatening me? All of this is after we've said good night and the lights have gone out.
Speaker 4: Best way to go, though, don't you think in your sleep?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 3: Well, then we actually have to get into it because you know you do think.
Speaker 5: Actually it's a It is a good provoking it.
Speaker 3: Is, but not when the lights out. Why we've had all the time during the day to have a chat about death at night.
Speaker 5: My husband does that as well.
Speaker 3: What dies you're in a sleep game you play or something?
Speaker 5: No, but it's it's not confined to the female race. Well will he hit you do it as well?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay? I want you next time?
Speaker 2: He does write it down, bring it to the show, okay, because I'm fascinated by these big things that we talk about. When the lights go out, it's not when the lights are on you and you haven't said good night. It's after you say good night, the lights go out, you lie there. Within seconds, boom, it's something head like a spirit level gets activated and it all comes flying out.
Speaker 3: Do you think that is the best way to go? Don't you?
Speaker 2: What about the people on deathbedd people are gathered around them and they get to say thank you good bye?
Speaker 3: Was that horrible for everybody out?
Speaker 4: That's nicer for the family, But for you yourself, it's probably better that you don't know.
Speaker 7: I just want to slip away quietly.
Speaker 4: We just go to say quietly. It makes it sound like how you leave a party.
Speaker 3: Don't say goodbye. I'm just gonna I'll be waiting out front. I've ordered the uber to take me to the other side.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Tyler.
Speaker 2: Today's show is that I either love it or hate it. This is after I've pitched an idea to U two's management involving a really, really bad shoddy photo shipped image. Photo it is photo it is that it's shopped, photo shopped. It should have been photo shopped. What I sent to youtubes management. That's what I just said, a Freudian slip.
Speaker 4: Can we put a call out late, call out for anyone who actually is a pri at photoshop to come and save.
Speaker 2: The day, please, because maybe you know it's something and someone says, I'll pass it on to the boys. The boys they meet is you know it is you two. Maybe they're not going to be seeing them today. It's not like they pop in the office every day to see what fresh tour office They anything to any voicemails. No one's looking for a wedding man. It's the season. Okay, Edge, let's go back tomorrow. So maybe I've got a couple of days to get back there going. Don't show them that image, show them this one. If you are great at photo shopping, please email me Christian at Gold one O four three dot com. Do au hug you's up next, enjoy the sunshine, have a great day. We're back tomorrow morning when you wake up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three