Speaker 1: Just that concept of being confident enough and feeling I guess safe enough to really live how you want to live and to do the things in life that really genuinely matter to you, rather than sort of falling into that expectation of what others might have for you.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Rise and Conquered Podcast. I'm your host Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life, which had a variety of topics including my set, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the RNC community behind you.
Speaker 3: Let's do this.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. Today. I am joined by life purpose coach Misty Sansum. Misty is a life coach that helps people discover exactly what their purpose is and what they were put.
Speaker 3: On this earth to do.
Speaker 2: Deep I know, but I know this is definitely something that a lot of you are interested in. So in today's chat, I talked to Missy about how she became a life coach and the steps involved with that. So we chat about spirituality, Misty's journey with it, also finding your purpose, different ways your purpose can show up in your life, and also what was a pivotal turning point in Misty's journey of discovering her purpose. Misty is honestly such a wealth of knowledge and she was so much fun to talk to. I think you guys are really going to enjoy this chat. Let's get straight into it. Misty, Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having me. I'm really excited to be here.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited because you are a life purpose coach and that's like really niche. That's like a really sort of specific person. But I think it's so warranted and it's also very special. I would love for you to tell the audience. Obviously I've just given away a lot there, but just who you are and what you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 1: As you said, I'm a life purpose coach and I'm also a mum and a business owner based in New Zealand, and I just absolutely love obviously helping people figure out what it is they are really truly meant to do in life and help them to create a plan of how to make it happen and bring it to life. So that's just that's something that I feel so incredibly passionate about, and I get really excited seeing people uncover that for themselves and sort of have that inside of like this is who I am, this is what my purpose is, and this is what I'm here to do.
Speaker 3: It's really exciting.
Speaker 2: I love that and definitely is someone who used to be on a completely different path. So I actually used to be a lawyer and did my law degree and became a family lawyer, and you know, really kind of did that for external validation and outside reasons. And then when I really kind of honed in on my intuition and started listening to you know, my true north, I guess I realized that I wasn't doing my life purpose and so I had a huge sort of shift and now I really feel like I'm like, you know, living out my dama I'm really in that purpose and it just creates so much joy and happyeness for me personally and just like contentment. So I absolutely love that you explore this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean, that's such a good point that you raise it. I mean, your story, So I know so many people will relate to that, and there's probably a lot of people listening who are kind of in that in between stage where they're in a situation, they're not feeling completely aligned to it and they kind of know deep down that it's not really who they are and sort of what they're meant to be doing.
Speaker 3: And it's a scary place to be.
Speaker 1: It takes a huge amount of courage to make that shift, so you know, like a power to you. That's an incredible thing to believe in yourself so much and to be so certain of what it is you meant to do that you make those big changes, because they are big changes, and it's hard to go against people's expectations of you and what they expect for your life. That's difficult. It's not an easy process to go through. So yeah, I love hearing that.
Speaker 2: It's great, thank you, And so I really want to get into the whole life purpose and really you know the process that you go through with your clients. But before we do that, I just got a couple of questions for you, because this is actually something I personally get asked a lot and I think people are quite interested in. So I'm actually a life coach myself. I don't practice, but it's something I wanted to do, just.
Speaker 1: You know, for me, I guess. And so my.
Speaker 2: Question to you is, how did you become a life coach? And you know, if someone wants to pursue that, like, how do they do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a really interesting question and probably have a similar start to you. And that It wasn't something that I initially expected to step into right from day one. It came about as a natural extension of this framework that I had developed for uncovering purpose. And it was sort of based on my experience of understanding what my own purpose was and then sort of going back and looking at, you know, if I knew what I knew now back then, what would have made it easier and what would have been really helpful and what were those really key points and insights and understandings that I needed to have. And I started to build this framework and this process, like a very simple, step by step process of how a person could uncover their purpose and what they would look like. And I'd explored it with friends and different people that I had met that was sort of interested in this, and I found that over you know, sort of a period of a few months, I was able to refine it to something that really worked for everyone. It really took people through essentially the same process, and it didn't matter what their background was, where they were from, what they were doing now, because they're such fundamental you know, human values and interests and questions and things that we need to know about ourselves. We all have those in common. So it meant that this process was able to be sort of given to essentially anyone and help them through that process. So I had developed this and created an ebook around it so that people could sort of take themselves through the process, which.
Speaker 3: I still have a vail now.
Speaker 1: And from that I started getting approached about coaching and you know, like can you help me through this, and can you talk me through this?
Speaker 3: And can we work together and stuff, So the.
Speaker 1: Coaching side that really grew from that. So that need, yeah, and again just a very natural extension I think of what I was already doing. And I find a lot of coaches I know experience the same kind of thing once they officially.
Speaker 3: Step into coaching.
Speaker 1: There's always a moment where you look back and in hindsight you realize that you've kind of been doing this your whole life in different forms. You know, like you're sort of you've probably always been the person that your friends have gone to for advice, and you find, you know, when somebody has an issue, you kind of suddenly have all these insights of like how you can talk it through and you know, have you thought about this? And have you thought about that? So I think it's it's such an interesting role to play in that. I think for you know, everyone essentially who is really in that role, yeah, has in some ways more or less been doing it their whole lives.
Speaker 3: So it's quite interesting.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more. I'm definitely like that friend that people call in a hard situation or they have an issue and we will just talk through it all. And yeah, kind of like that advice friend, I guess, and I'm much the same. I was like even with this podcast, you know, I even have a segment which is like advice with g and Yeah, it very much just feels like I'm talking to friends, I'm giving out advice, and I'm like, I've been doing this my whole life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is so good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just when you're so naturally inclined to it and when it feels really easy to you, that's just such a good sign that that's a role all that, you know, if you wanted to, you could play really really well.
Speaker 2: M So I want to chat to you about spirituality because this is something that I know you're you're very open about and I love the quote on your website that says we are spiritual by default. It's not about turning spiritual, it's about connecting on that level. And I think sometimes it can kind of be I don't want to say, like taboo, but you know, spiritual people are like woo woo people and it's almost like a negative almost like a negative sort of attachment. And I know myself, because I grew up in a family who aren't spiritual, that it's like, oh, you know that person is spiritual. But I absolutely love that you completely own that part of you and I've really had a journey with my spirituality. Sorry, that was a HECKU, can you talk to us about, you know, your journey with spirituality and how you tune into your spirituality.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, I love this conversation. So that that line about, you know, everyone knows that quote we're not human beings having a spiritual experience, where spiritual beings having a human experience, and that is just so absolutely true. We are we are spiritual beings by default. Therefore we're already spiritual by default. So exploring spirituality isn't becoming isn't about becoming spiritual, because you don't need to become something that you already are.
Speaker 3: It's simply about.
Speaker 1: Understanding and connecting with it in a way that it becomes something genuinely tangible and useful and helpful as you go through life. And so right, you know, so much of spirituality is a bit kind of airy fairy, and it's very very esoteric, and yeah, very very woo woo. And and that's and it's interesting, and I know that puts a lot of people off when when you look at what spirituality is at just a very fundamental and simple level and kind of strip all of the you know, strip all the crystals away and strip all the like all of these kind of different things away and.
Speaker 3: Just look at what it is.
Speaker 1: It's just it's again, it's such a fundamental part of being a human. It's it's the intangible layer of the world that we can't obviously sort of see physically or really interact with physically, but we can do it intuitively or we can do it spiritually. So it's it's yeah, it's an interesting it's an interesting topic. And I actually really love having spiritual conversations with people who don't consider themselves to be spiritual because there's no one way to be spiritual. There's no one way to tune in. Spirituality doesn't need to look a certain way like however you look now is how spirituality looks. And you know, whatever you do on a daily basis to just feel you know, a little bit at peace or a little bit sort of connected or a little bit grounded, which can be anything from you know, going for a stim in the ocean, or going for a run, or playing with your kids or just you know, going for a walk. Those can all be spiritual practices. It doesn't have to be something that you know, we see all over Instagram, for example.
Speaker 2: I love the way that you explain that because it's even like I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and we were chatting about like intuition, and she was kind of explaining, Oh, I don't really have intuition, and you know, how can I get more intuition and kind of going on, and I spoke to her and I was like, we all already have intuition. It's whether we can tap into it. Like it's already there. It's whether you like make the choice to tap into it. Like, don't get it wrong, it's not like something you gain. It's already there. And I love that you kind of explained that about spirituality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, that is so true. And you know with intuition again, you're totally right it is. It is absolutely already there. And often it's just a case of us not hearing it or sort of not listening for it.
Speaker 3: You know, most of us would.
Speaker 1: Would have had some experience in our life where we've been hit with this really unexplainable and sudden insight of you know, often it's related to safety, like it's sort of the sudden inside of like don't pull out right now, and then you know, if you're in your car and it's sort of and then suddenly someone zooms across you on the road, or you know, just those kinds of things that you get this really intense insight or you get this like really strong feeling that something's going to happen, or you're going to run into something, or someone's going to call you, or whatever it might be. And those are examples of intuition. Those are examples of you know, receiving a message from that kind of intangible layer. And quite often it's really interesting because again, everyone that I've ever had a sort of deep and meaningful conversation about this kind of stuff where has had an experience like that, But so often they have that experience and then kind of close it down and it just becomes that one weird thing that they experience that one time that they can't really explain and it's sort of a bit like strange, and there's almost a little bit of fear around it. And so that I find that really interesting as opposed to having that experience and then being really curious about it and kind of starting to think about like what was that and how how did that kind of cut through and how did I pick that up? And you know why was that coming and all of these things, And when you start kind of picking into all of these questions, that's when you get to the real sort of fundamentals that we were talking about earlier of like this is this is very normal. This is something that we have access to all of the time. It's always there. It's something we can tap into at any time. We don't have to be anyone special, we don't have to do anything special. It's just there, and it's a matter of yeah, really sort of taking the time to learn how to tune in and to listen out for it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more. And like you said, I think it really looks different on everyone. So, yeah, being spiritual listening to intuition doesn't mean you know, you're getting your crystals out on the full moon or yeah, like casting spells or you know, different stuff like that. It really looks so different to everyone. And I think, yeah, when we take the stigma away from it and it's like we're all spiritual beings, this is how we're meant to be. It's not weird, it's not we' wou it can really be a positive thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Absolutely, it's such a positive thing. The way that the way that I usually describe it to people, I sort of like to give this visual to help it explain it. So, if you picture yourself as having three layers, so you've got you know, your physical self, and which is also sort of your identity kind of ego self. So this is the layer that is you, like you know, I'm misty, I'm a mum, I'm a coach, I'm a business owner, and all of these things like the very human kind of part of me. And then if we sort of go out a little bit, we have the soul or the higher self layer, which is like the spiritual being, the spiritual essence of us. And then finally, if we go out a little bit further, we have the universe or the Source or God or whatever you feel comfortable calling it. So I would usually say the universe or the Source, just that essence that connects everyone and everything. And with spirituality, what we're trying to do is tune into that second layer, sort of our higher self or our soul or our spiritual being, and then from their tune into that out highest layer, like the Source or the spirit of everything. And in all honesty, doing that is actually really really straightforward.
Speaker 3: But the part that is difficult is.
Speaker 1: Getting past the self, like getting past that physical kind of ego identity. Absolutely it throws out self doubt and skepticism, and also just this ongoing chatter of very human based life stuff like what have I got to do today? And I've got to do this, and I have to think about that, and this person's doing this, and I'm doing this next week, you know, all of that kind of constant monologue. So with all of those things going on, it's hard to tune into those two higher levels. And so what we're really doing when we talk about tuning in, what we're trying to do is basically quiet in our mind or just kind of put it to the side for the moment, just long enough to allow us to connect to those higher levels. And then once we're connected, I always use a really simple meditation, just a very kind of calming and visual meditation that gives my sort of ego mind identity minds something to focus on. And then from there. And I know this is going to sound overly simple, and it might not make it a sense until you've experienced it firsthand, but it's simply forming the connection in your mind and then opening up to share or receive messages and questions and guidance and things like that. So that's it basically. And then with you know what you're talking about before, with crystals and sort of all of these different things, you can absolutely use them if you want to go for your life, Like you don't need to, there's nothing that you need to make that connection and tune in, but those kind of tools can be helpful, especially when you're starting out, if you want to use them to focus your mind. But I always, I always want to kind of put across to people that you know, the crystal itself, that's not the magical part of the equation, Like you are the one that has that power. The crystal doesn't have a power. That's if we can think about that as more of a prop to get our mind really focused and really centered on whatever it is that you're using. So if you're using a crystal with certain properties or you know, sort of kind of attributes to it, then what you're essentially doing is using that as a prop and you're getting your mind to kind of focus on those attributes or focus on those different properties, and that's that's where the connection is really happening.
Speaker 2: I love that you explained that so well, and I think I love what you said too, like for much stripping it back and like it's not like you need to have a meditation app or you know, sage or crystals. You can literally sit there, like you said, do a very simple meditation in your head and really get in touch with, you know, that higher self. And I think for me personally, like how I tap into my intuition and my spiritual side when I'm feeling out of alignment is yeah, just those really simple acts. And it's funny because people ask me and I'll be like, yeah, well it's stuff like meditation, going for a beach walk, going for an ocean swim, you know, laying in the sun and these like really simple things. And it's like people they're like, oh, it must be you know, more difficult, and they try and complicate it, and I'm like, no, that's really how it is. Y, Yeah, you're so right, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: It's really funny. I think as humans like to overly complicate things, like you know, sometimes if something feels or sounds a bit complex, then to have a really simple explanation, it's kind of like no, no, no, no, it has to be more than that, like you know, you must need like twenty things in like two hours. But yeah, it's interesting, and you know, as we've said before, it looks different for everyone as well. It's something that you know, there are so many different ways that.
Speaker 3: You can tune in.
Speaker 1: And part of what I really like helping people with is understanding their own natural abilities and their own sort of natural traits in terms of what does come easy for them. So this relates to intuition as well. It relates to that tuning in and that sort of communication. Some people find it really easy to hear messages and you know, you kind of just sort of hear it in your mind almost spoken. Other people might see things, they might get sort of a visual image and then sort of understand what it is, or even see a scene playing out in their mind. Other people get a physical feeling, and that for them is a really clear indication that that might be like a yes or a no or whatever it is. And then other people often just have this deep innate sense of knowing, like it's just just a certainty that is concrete and absolute, and it's just yeah, I know that with all of my soul, I guess, and you might have a mix of some of those as well, so it's really interesting, you know, leaning into or uncovering and leaning into your own personal strengths and it makes the whole process a lot easier when you're aware of that as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that you touched on that, and I think it's also like you said, you're not going to know until you try, and that's even like for me, I'm definitely in regards to intuition, I just almost have this sense of knowing. So I've just got this like gut feeling, you know, Like let's say I'm at work, I'm talking to our marketing manager and she says, do you want to do this? And it's kind of like an instant yes or no, Like I just have this knowing. And then also something I find quite easy to tap into is I can journal stuff and almost like free right the answer. It's very odd.
Speaker 1: I love that. So that's exactly what I do as well. I love automatic writing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I'm talking to myself, but it's like I'm answering my own question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's absolutely and it's so interesting, you know, with the process of automatic writing and when you're talking about just that sense of knowing. Often often it's something that you didn't really want to hear, like, you know, So a question that comes up a lot is how do I know if it's my imagination or my intuition. And when if it's your imagination, it's usually you're kind of searching for something and it's a story that you've been telling yourself and you're kind of pulling it. You're sort of pulling it out and filling all these details in your head, whereas with intuition, it's just this, it's like a thought that you didn't think and you kind of have no attachment to it even it's.
Speaker 3: Just like, yeah, this is this is, this is what it.
Speaker 1: Is, and there's no kind of you can't unknow it. Yeah, it's really interesting, an interesting feeling.
Speaker 2: And for me too, it's often quite unlogical. So when I'm like, logically, I know I should do this or this is the answer, but not logically this is how I feel.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, And you know, even like you say, even if it's not logical at the time, you know that it is going to make sense further down the track, like something will have been or something will come up that you'll kind of go ah, right, like, this is you know, this is why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of it's making a bit more sense now and that's like, well, I guess let's start talking about finding your purpose. So this is you know, this is what you do. And I absolutely love this for you know, the reasons I was chatting to you at the start. And I really feel like my life is so much more fulfilling now that I've really you know, found my purpose and my purpose, like if I explain it in one sentence, is female empowerment and letting, you know, empowering other people to go after what they want and just you know, to feel worthy enough to go after what they want. And it's really been a journey for me. But like I said, it's kind of been like lots of these intuition steps. But something I do talk about on this podcast is like, your purpose isn't always going to be your job. And I think some people kind of get a little bit lost in this and you're they're like, oh, well, I've got to start, you know, a side hustle. You know. Let's say they love art and they love paining. They're like, oh, I've got to make money from it. But it's I'm such a big believer that that's not always, you know, the right way. And I really loved your posts where you spoke about So you have this quote on Instagram that says three things you need to know about your life purpose. One your passions are not your purpose. Two you don't have to quit your day job. Three you don't have to save the world. And then you said find your purpose, design your life, and inspire inspire others to do the same. And I just absolutely love that because I think sometimes we can get a bit lost that it's like, oh, I've got to make my you know, side hustle my main job, and I've got to make my hobby to make money and all these different things. So can you explain to us a little bit about you know, this concept.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, And you're right, there's so much pressure I think on purpose and passions and hobbies and everything that. You know, once we've found something that we're good at and we enjoy it, monetize it, and I just I'm the same. I'm just like, no, no, no, there's there's no reason that you have to do that. You can just we're allowed to just enjoy things. We're allowed to just do things for fun and just for the you know, pure pleasure, pleasure and enjoyment of it. Not everything has.
Speaker 3: To be hustled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you have something that you are really passionate about and you do want to turn it into a business or a career or whatever, that might be amazing. But I guess it's just about making sure that you're doing it for the right reasons and that you've got sort of a really clear understanding of what it is you're doing and why. So, yeah, going back to you know, passions and not your purpose, this is something that so many people sort of get caught up, and this is something that tripped me up so many times. I mean, we've all heard the advice about, you know, follow your passions and life will be amazing and all of those kinds of things. Just follow your passions, life will be incredible. But what happens when we follow our passions is we're following something that we are really interested in and that we might find really fun, but we haven't identified the underlying reason why, or the sort of underlying reason that's driving us toward that, which is more often than not, our purpose. And if what happens when you follow a passion rather than your purpose is you're following just one.
Speaker 3: Tiny kind of hint, like one tiny kind.
Speaker 1: Of interpretation of your purpose, and it can be so far removed from what your purpose actually is. And then what happens is you get to this point where, again, as I did so many times, you get to this point where you kind of realize, you know what, I followed the thing that I was interested in. I followed the thing that I loved. I've got here and it just doesn't feel right. It still feels like something's missing. And so often in that situation, we'll go back to square one and we'll think, you know what, I'm really passionate about this, so I'll go down this path, and then the same thing happens over and over again, and that's again, you know, it's a really tough place to be in because it's it's disheartening when when you're you know, backing yourself and you're taking a risk and then not quite landing where you're meant to be landing. So if we think think about our purpose as like this overatching theme of our life, it's something that is unchanging, and it's something that is usually really broad, which is a good thing. It's very very much tied to either helping other people in some way or other living beings, or the environment that we're in, which totally makes sense because when you strip away everything material in.
Speaker 3: The world, you know, what do we have left?
Speaker 1: Right? We have each other, and we have other living beings, and we have our environments. So it makes sense that your purpose is kind of for one of those three things, and it's going to be something that you feel really compelled to do or teach or share or create or build or give or you know, whatever it might be around one of those. And where our passions fit into that is that we can bring our life out, so we can bring our purpose to life through our passions. But the passions are not the purpose itself, So it's just one of the many ways that we could bring our purpose to life. So that's the really big difference.
Speaker 2: I love that you touched on that, and I like, hope I'm processing this right. So, for example, if my purpose is female empowerment, you know I've done that in a couple of ways of I have an all natural female focus our supplement business, where you know, I empower females through giving them an all natural you know, alternative with no nasties, just the good stuff. And then also I have this podcast where it's all about empowering females, you know, in a completely different way. But both passions are still within the overarching purpose.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, Yeah, that's exactly it. Yeah, absolutely. And then within you know, within those two things, you've probably built in a lot of other passions. You've probably we got lots of other passions that come through, like in terms of you know, business and sort of innovation, creativity, and even things like design. You know, I'm really passionate about design, and I love that that. It's it comes through in my business in such a simple way, just with you know, designing website stuff or like graphics or posts and things like that. So it's, yeah, you've absolutely nailed it. It's sort of you have this bigger, more broad purpose and then there are lots of different ways that you can bring it to life, and that's where your passions come into play.
Speaker 2: I love that, and I I'm very much a big advocate for having almost like a purpose statement kind of lack mine about female empowerment because it just it almost brings clarity to then your passions to make sure you know that within alignment. Okay, rn C fam, We're taking a quick break and I want to ask you, guys, are you getting your daily recommended intake of three fruits and five veggies?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Sometimes maybe I feel you on this.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So, in a perfect world, we are getting all our vitamin minerals and needs from our food directly. But because we live such hectic lives and our soil is often lacking from so much farming done, that doesn't always happen that and that's why supplements are so popular, and that's why Naked Harvest was born just to be very transparent with you. So what we really wanted to do was make sure you're getting what you need in a convenient way when you're not getting your daily recommended intake of veggies. In so introducing our newest product, Gorgeous Greens, which is a greens powder that actually tastes delicious. So we have been formulating this for quite a while because honestly, it was so hard to have a greens powder that has all the good stuff and that tastes delicious, Like I honestly get why so many other greens powders just taste so foul, and honestly, any other greens powder I bought, I've just never finished and I just throw it away. So there are two flavors that is very Vanilla and Mango Magic. I recommend getting very Vanilla if you just want to add it to your smoothies, but if you do want to have it by itself, Mango Magic is so delicious and so flavorsome. Also, guys, the greens Powder is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined, sugar free, and family friendly. So one scoop equals one steps of veggies, so you're really getting veggie in at breakfast time if you're a smoothie lover like me, And it just makes it easier to get all the veggies in and to really making sure you're getting the vitamins and minerals you need daily. So I absolutely know that if you try this product, you will love it. That's how confident I am with this greens Powder, because ah, we have just with aiste, we as the flavor. So guys, if you need to get some veggies in your day in a more convenient way, try Gorgeous Screens today. So I do have a sneaky code for my Rise and Concher family, which is just Rise and Conquer podcasts. You can just put that at checkout at Naked Harvest Supplements dot com. And the Gorgeous Greens is under the wellness tap. Okay, enough about Gorgeous Greens. Let's get back into the show. But for people who maybe are literally just completely like they have no idea what their purpose is, they have no idea where their passions are just you know, all over the place, what would your advice be for that person?
Speaker 1: Well, first off, I would just I would want to reassure them that every single person who has ever found their purpose has started from that exact point. So you know, you're you're just you're right at the start of the journey, which is exciting, and so you know you're, yeah, you're on the right path at that point, which is great. The framework that I mentioned earlier, I had turned it into an ebook and it's a step by step process. It's one that I still use with clients today, Like when I work one on one with people, we still go through that same process. For the first couple of years, that had a price attached to it, so it was thirty nine US dollars and last year I think it was, could have been actually been the year before. I shifted the price to pay what you can, and same with a spirituality course that I have that takes people through the absolute basics of spirituality. Like as an I have no idea what I'm doing here, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: What it's about.
Speaker 1: I just kind of want to get into it, taking them from that point to a point where they have a real genuine two way connection that they can get inside and guidance from. And same there, I shifted the price from one hundred and forty seven US to pay what you can. So you know, I've tried to take away as many barriers as I possibly can, because I genuinely believe that living on purpose and having that spiritual connection is so deeply important, especially as the world is kind of rapidly and drastically changing. It's important for us as individuals and how we live our lives, and that flows out into you know, our immediate family and our kids and the people that we sort of interact with on a day to day basis and further again. So I mean, yeah, that's a place that you know, I would really encourage people to start with if they want, so, you know, feel free to jump on and grab that. Otherwise, there's lots of blog posts and I send out lots of newsleaders and things like that that can take them through that process if they want to just have a little hint of it first.
Speaker 2: Amazing, and I'll make sure I link that in the show notes. That's so lovely of you to do the pay as you go, especially I think with everything happening with COVID and stuff. It's just yeah, it's very thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in all honesty, it.
Speaker 1: Was a decision that was really cemented through automatic writing. It was a decision that really was you know, came from one of these sessions and where I was really kind of tuned in and connected and sort of yeah, going through these different scenarios about what will what I'm doing look like in the future and what stip should I take, And that was a really clear, a really clear missage of this is the next thing that you should do.
Speaker 3: And I was like, of course, of course I should, and I love that.
Speaker 2: And so Misty, you have a really beautiful post on Instagram and I resonated with this so much where you chatted about like everything that we need and also like I'm a huge, huge believe of this too. So you explained that everything that we need is already inside us, and once we let go of limiting beliefs, we can achieve anything we want. Could you just chat a little bit more about why you're a big believer of this?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's you know, I'm our mindset is everything like what we believe and think and what we will achieve in our life, you know, our potential, how far we think we can go, the things that we're good at is the only thing that really, the only thing that is holding us back is how we think about ourselves and what we believe. And if we're in a place where we aren't feeling confident, we don't have a lot of self belief, you know, we've sort of got issues around self worth or self esteem, then we are going to hang on to all of these things and all of these doubts, and we're just not going to be able to move forward. We're not going to be able to be as effective or go as far as we could if we could uncover, you know, really pick apart those beliefs that we're carrying. And so when you go through the process and you pick all of those apart, you suddenly realize that, yeah, you do. You have so much within you, you know, this resourcefulness and sort of confidence and ideas and innovation. It just kind of paus out of you and nothing physically changed, you know, like you had the potential for all of that in the first place. You already had that within you. It was just kind of all of these beliefs that we all hang onto different ones. Obviously, we've we've got different beliefs to kind of navigate and uncover, but that essential drive and motivation and inspiration is just setting there, you know, kind of ready to be unleashed and ready to kind of be brought to life. And of course we can get into things that are external and tangible, like we can kind of say, well, this person has more money, and this person, you know, might have better access to education and all of those kinds of things, which absolutely those things play a part. But when you can let go of all of those sort of different limiting beliefs and the mindset that is really holding us back, you're in a situation where you can go out and get or learn the things that we need. And that's going to look different for different people, but that potential, and like I said, that inspiration and that drive is in there already.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. It's really funny because I was actually talking to a girlfriend on the weekend and I do our six week self development course called the Rise and Concho Projack, where I basically take people through yeah, like limiting beliefs and get them in a better mindset to achieve goals basically. And I was talking to a girlfriend who did the last round of my course and she's like, she was just really not in a good mental space, really yeah, just really not good, very negative, lots of limiting beliefs in just like kind of like a you know, when someone's in like a weird headspace. And she explained, you know, she'd done the course. She really got into her limiting beliefs, and she's like, it's so funny because it's six weeks later and she's like, my physical reality nothing has changed, like it's pretty much the same, but she is a completely different person. And it's because she really, yeah, got into those limiting beliefs. She's unlocked a lot of her potential. And then what she realized is once she kind of you know, unblocked herself ideas were flowing in and she could see things a different way, and she could, yeah, like really get around things in a different way. And she literally was like, my life has changed. And I just thought it was so insane because it's literally just a mindset shift.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, it's incredible, And it kind of also touches on, you know, the concept that we're talking about earlier, being a spiritual being versus being a human being. When you make that sort of shift from I'm a human being trying to live up to I'm a spiritual being and I don't want to say living down because that kind of puts a strange connotation on it, but I'm a spiritual being kind of just living this human existence that I feel like that kind of subtle shift in perspective can also kind of help to leak goal of a lot.
Speaker 3: Of these things.
Speaker 1: You know, as you know, there's so many different ways to work through limiting below. But if we kind of almost have that a slight sense of detachment from the ego kind of identity stuff, and you kind of just separate it from you as the highest self, spiritual person, and it's kind of like, oh, this is interesting that I'm feeling this, and it's not something that you take on board and hold as much when you're in a situation where you're really identifying with those limiting beliefs. So yeah, it's just yeah, it's exactly as you said, it's just a mindset shift. Nothing physical necessarily needs to change to have that happen.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's like I know, it's like almost like we're saying before, the spiritual stuff of like it can seem so simple but be so life changing, and like to some people it's almost like they can't comprehend or process that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it can be so simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I mean I've absolutely experienced that as well, where you know, it's taken me years to and then it sort of eventually. Yeah, it's just this one simple concept that you might have heard, you know, several times over and then it suddenly just kind of clicks or you have an experience or something changes that you're.
Speaker 3: Just kind of like, ah, I get.
Speaker 1: It now, it makes so much sense. And yeah, it is very simple and you sort of have that different understanding, which is you know, again, like the funny thing about personal personal growth is that it's really it's never ending. I don't think there's ever point that you reach. It's just this kind of ongoing sort of exploration and as you live different experiences, different things come up. But I think it gets to a point where it becomes fun. Like it you know, it starts off and it's like very kind of like, oh gosh, this is awful, but it becomes interesting and kind of exciting.
Speaker 2: I think also when you take the like you said, when you take the pressure off it, and yeah, you don't see it as this like end destination where you're getting to your like higher self and reaching this like pinnacle point, and you just see it as you're constantly growing. You're constantly learning. There is going to be dips and highs and lows and that's okay and you accept that. And I think a huge thing for me and personal growth is just awareness, Like awareness is always the first step for me for changing anything mindset or anything like that, and just making sure I'm just always self evaluating and going from there.
Speaker 3: I love that. Yeah, yeah, perfect, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: Its So before we finish this, ap misty, do you want to touch on anything else with finding your purpose?
Speaker 1: I guess just kind of going back to that you know, bigger message that you absolutely have a purpose. You know, we all have something that we're meant to do in life, and it's something that is going to just feel once you find it, you will feel like this is it. You're absolutely on the right path. You know who you are, what you're here to do, and you can work out a really clear way of how you would like to bring it to life in a way that really suits you. So I just, yeah, I guess I just want to sort of reinforce and highlight that if anyone is kind of wondering and thinking like.
Speaker 3: Do I have a purpose? You absolutely do.
Speaker 2: I love that, and I think for me too, like when I think back on finding my purpose, which was really kind of this pivotal point of leaving my corporate job and really just taking this leap of faith, but it was really honing into my intuition. I was kind of saying before, like, logically it did not make sense to leave this great job after six years of study and you know, go off and see what happens. But intuitively I was just like, no, this is the thing I need to do and I need to trust this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I love that, And it takes a lot of courage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think that's also it is like with intuition and purpose. It's like having that courage and realizing that it doesn't always feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, Yeah, yeah, absolutely it is. I mean, you know, there's there's so many learning experiences that come from that process. There's so much that you will learn about yourself as you go through, and that applies to spirituality and personal growth. Like my philosophy to that is that they go hand in hand. You can't really have one without the other. And it's just yeah, the sort of you move forward a little bit in one area and then you sort of catch up in the other, and it's just this kind of just inching forward with each experience.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much, Missy. You have been such a bloody legend and I appreciate you making the time to chat to the rn C fan. So as this is, you know, it's a bit of an inspirational podcast. I would love to ask you what is the best piece of advice that you have ever received?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have one that it's not a it's not so much a concise sentence, but my parents were people who from a really young age really encouraged us to sort of challenge the status quo and not be afraid to do things differently. And you know, they would really sort of challenge the idea of like this is what you're meant to do in life and really encouraged us to be confident enough to think, actually, I don't know if I want to do that, or like, you know, maybe this is what I want to do instead. So I really love that. Like I said, there's no kind of concise sentence for it, but just that concept of being confident enough and feeling I guess safe enough to really live how you want to live and to do the things in life that really genuinely matter to you rather than sort of falling into that expectation of what others might have for you.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: I love that that is you have like you have incredible parents.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really yeah, really lucky because those are you know, there's a big thing to work, huge.
Speaker 2: And I think like that's such going against like going against the status quo is lack such a huge thing. Especially that was such a huge thing with me for finding my purpose. So yeah, I love that you touched on that. And so lastly, Misty where can everyone find you?
Speaker 1: My website would be the place to visit, so mistysansum dot com, which is is a infinale is o inf mum and you'll find all sorts of blog posts and free resources and as I mentioned, ebook and courses and things like that there as well.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Well, thank you so much for coming on the Rising Conker Podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having me. It's been so fun chatting. I've loved it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening for another R and C episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about, and your craving community, please come and join us over at the RNC podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer Podcast Community on Facebook and I will be in there to chat to you until next time.