Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, Thursday afternoon, welcome to the pickup. We're on. We are sadly on.
Speaker 3: Thanks for that clarification, fair.
Speaker 4: I almost didn't make it here today, and that's because I couldn't find my khaki. So I was like running a little bit late, a little bit late, I'm sure, running out the door half find my car keys. I put them on the table. I know where I put them because I do put them in the same spot.
Speaker 3: My husband doesn't, but I do.
Speaker 4: Anyway, fifteen minutes later, I couldn't find them, and then Lola, who is three years old currently told me exactly where she'd seen them, and that was in the toilet and she had put them in the toilet.
Speaker 1: But don't you have an electric one like with the like the what.
Speaker 5: Do you mean the car kis? Does that not break it when in water? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no it was fine. Let's still worry it. I drove here today, so Laura's carr is water.
Speaker 2: How do you discipline a kid in that situation? I would have been smacked yet No, I'm not saying do it, but back in my day, I would have been in so much trouble.
Speaker 4: What do you say I'm just grateful that she's at least at the age now where she's like she's competent and like cognizant enough that she knows what she's done. So when I asked her, she was like, oh, yeah, I put them in the toilet.
Speaker 2: I need this new age parenting. She's not even mad, she went, In fact, I'm proud of you for doing this.
Speaker 3: You get a participation.
Speaker 4: I did say, I did tell her that that was naughty, but she wasn't trying to be naughty of course.
Speaker 1: Oh guys, we have a huge show coming up. We haven't asked gun cut. We do it every single Thursday. We answer one of your problems and we have one surrounding veneers today, one we've.
Speaker 2: Never had before. Yeah, and ask I cut next stand by. We're helping out the audience after this on the pickup. It's a Thursday. Let's jump into.
Speaker 1: Ask Ask Gunhart is one of our favorite segments. We do it every Thursday. We call it Therapy Thursday.
Speaker 3: Basically, you call in with.
Speaker 1: Your biggest predicaments, your deepest, darkest problems. We do our best to give you completely uneducated advice, but we're very passionate about it.
Speaker 2: Well, Luisa, you need some advice. You've come to the right place, grew therapy. The pickup is where people come. How can we help you? What's your con under him?
Speaker 6: So I've been with.
Speaker 7: My partner for a long time and everything in our relationship is fine. There's nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 6: We're very happy. The only thing is that he really wants vinears. He's always been very unhappy with his smile. And the thing is he wants veneers. They're very expensive and he thinks.
Speaker 7: That he should dip into our joint savings account to pay for them.
Speaker 3: Oh god, no, that's ah, that's a himn thing.
Speaker 2: Hold on, no, no, get the facts. How bad are his teeth? Since since you met him? Has he been an insecurity for him? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And look, so he doesn't smile in photos.
Speaker 2: But I don't look at.
Speaker 6: Him and think that it's bad. But it's something that.
Speaker 7: I think for him it's bad because, yeah, he doesn't smile in photos.
Speaker 6: It's something he's always been very self conscious about. And I do feel bad.
Speaker 7: Five years and is he the one? Oh, no question, he's the one. We're very happy together. The thing is, though without joint savings, we don't own our home, and.
Speaker 6: It would be I think probably smarter that we keep building for a deposit rather than dipping into it for something cosmetic. I think if he wants to do this, it almost has to be something he should pay for himself.
Speaker 3: How much how much divining is cost?
Speaker 2: Do we know?
Speaker 3: It's like looking at about yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: We're looking at about ten about ten thousand.
Speaker 4: Can you not split it down the middle and be like, okay, well we can put ten thousand dollars for your teeth in from the joint account, and then you've got to give me ten thousand dollars and I'll go do something with it that I want.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not it's not two for two. You don't go, hey, yeah, I'll pay for two front teeth, you pay for two bottom times.
Speaker 1: I'm to suggest maybe getting the top row only, Okay, but.
Speaker 2: I mean that's idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very nonessent.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, I would say for other things, like you know, if it's a surgery or something you have to have of cause you're going to pay for your partner.
Speaker 3: But veniez, it's just cusmatic.
Speaker 1: Superficial agree for a lot of people. I mean, your smile and your teeth are. Like you said, he's so self conscious and he doesn't smile. It's a really big thing for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I think it's look.
Speaker 1: For me, if I was with my partner for five years and we were getting married and it's something that made him deeply unhappy, I would probably be okay with it and think, Okay, maybe it takes us a little bit longer to get that renovation money if it's his day to day that he's living. But it's completely up to you. If you know that you don't want to do that, you just say that.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I think five years and it's your partner.
Speaker 1: For me, i'd probably want to try and make my partner feel really happy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I reckon individual choice.
Speaker 2: I reckon you can like split, don't dip into the whole funds and pay for the whole thing. I think he needs to pay for a chunk of it. But I also think have you considered him applying for married at First Sight? Because about it? Those contestants go on that show and what do they all come off with, No love, free dental work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is very true. That's a good tactic. Or is there anything that you want to get done. Maybe you want to go and get something, but lifted you get a BBL.
Speaker 1: Don't it takes even more money away. I don't think it's like you get this, I get this. I think Yeah, you're just making him happy and making him smile as long as you say afraid to Yeah, and you put it in the eye you How bad are we talking?
Speaker 2: Can you send us a photo please? Producer Grace has a photo. Yeah, look at there? Pretty bad?
Speaker 7: Look at the ground that bad?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, it's not about what you all think, it's about what he thinks.
Speaker 2: You know what they look like? They look like Patricia Quette from Medium, you know how the front two kind of and I'm not negging. I'm just saying for a visual for the listeners that the front two kind of come in like a funnel.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Patricia would think that you're negging her.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that's how the teeth look.
Speaker 1: For a visual for the audience, ask the dentist if you can do a payment plan, a long term payment, and I know a lot of them do it or get those you know those teeth? All right?
Speaker 4: So I completely put my foot in it yesterday and something happened, and I honestly I can't stop thinking about it because part of me feels bad.
Speaker 3: But also it's one of.
Speaker 4: Those situations where you're like, Oh, that could only happen to me.
Speaker 3: That could only happen to me?
Speaker 2: What did you do? You can be very blunt like in it we love you, but sometimes you deliver news. Would you agree with it? And Laura is straight to the point.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, yeah you are. There's there's no buffer in a bad way or a good way. You go straight for the jugular. Did you people nibble?
Speaker 2: You're not afraid of confrontation, which I think I am.
Speaker 3: Though that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I don't think you are. Do you have a therapist? Part a recommend her word?
Speaker 1: So this this is the reason you hope made someone cry physically or emotionally.
Speaker 3: Definitely I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not physical when we talk about confrontation, not out like you.
Speaker 3: Like accillently trip someone over and they cried.
Speaker 4: I didn't actually go for the jugular. No, So yesterday we were on a photo shoot. No, I wasn't in the photo shoot. I was directing the photo shoot. So I have a jewlry label. Tony, may you know there you go bit of policity. But we had a photo shoot yesterday and and I get to be the creative director of these shoots and it's really fun and it's.
Speaker 3: A whole thing.
Speaker 4: Got the model, You've got your photographer, and you've got a whole team. There's about fifteen of us there. And the model comes in and I've worked with her before. She's like starting beautiful young girl. She's only like in her mid twenties, and she's usually really animated. But she was a bit flat. And I was like, ah, you know, we all have these days, Maria. No, you're not on your You're not on your best a game. And the problem was, though, is that this shoot, it wasn't just like a model like you know, striking blue steel posers.
Speaker 3: I needed her to be animated.
Speaker 4: I needed her to be excited and to like and be really expressive.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So we get in there and we've done a few different looks and a few different.
Speaker 3: Shots, and I was like, oh God, she's just not We're not.
Speaker 4: Quite there, She's not quite getting it. So I was like, Okay, you know what I'll do. I'll call out different expressions for her to do. So I'm staying to the side and she's obviously there, you know, getting photos taken. I was like, so this is what we're gonna Dohnah. I'm going to call out an expression and you're going to act out that expression. So if I say happy, you're gonna be I know. It was it was like we're feeding it, okay. So I was like, okay, all right, everyone, so on the count of three, you're going to be shocked. And so then she did a really good job.
Speaker 2: She did a shock.
Speaker 3: In preschool, but it was great.
Speaker 4: It was great, and she really started to warm up and we were actually getting photos in the way that we needed them. But the photo that I needed was I didn't want her to be too over the top, like shocked or happy. I needed like a bit of a coy happy surprise look, which is a very specific kind of look that's hard to nail.
Speaker 2: You're a shocking director, you're like score sassy, like no one can do those right now for us, just like, how did you do that? Do it?
Speaker 3: It's like it's a close.
Speaker 2: See what just happened?
Speaker 4: It's like no, it's like you need to have a bit of a smise. You know, it's closed mouth, but it's a oh yeah, well, okay, give me your look no terrible as well.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so we started off with shocked. Shocked was a bit too expressive. Then I was like, okay, give me happy shocked, and she gives me happy shocked, and I was like, I was settled out very much, like, yeah, take the.
Speaker 3: Top off that one, all right.
Speaker 4: So we went through a couple of other expressions and she's getting there. She's warman up, she's a woman up. And I was like, all right, and now I've met this girl before. And also, when you're booking someone for a photo shoot, you usually stalk their social media first, right, So you go on you look at their social media because you don't want to just.
Speaker 3: Look at their model photos.
Speaker 4: You also want to look at the way that they shoot when they're just being candid, just to really get like the true look of what these people, you know, how they can be expressive. So I knew she's got a boyfriend. They've been here for ages, Like, he's beautiful. The two of them look like they've fallen out of the sun. They're so glorious together, right, So I was like, okay, honey, imagine imagine that your gorgeous boyfriend is about to propose and you know, but you're trying to keep the secret.
Speaker 3: And then she burst out crying, burst out crying, and I was like, that's that's not the expression that I need right now.
Speaker 4: He had broken up with her the day before, why because she couldn't express anything.
Speaker 3: She was dead inside.
Speaker 2: She was so ruidd You mean for a decade, you love him, you know his parents who've invested. He's proposing to.
Speaker 3: You fell from the sun.
Speaker 4: Imagine your glorious boyfriend is about to propose to you, and you have to pretend like you don't know.
Speaker 2: Did he did? What? What did she say? Did she tell you? How did you find that?
Speaker 3: She she kind of just went a bit madic.
Speaker 4: She started laughing for a second and then burst out crying, and I was like, something's gone terribly wrong here. But apparently they'd all been talking about it prior so the makeup artist they'd all had a massive conversation, but I was so.
Speaker 3: Busy prepping I just hadn't heard it and had no idea. So I just seemed like I.
Speaker 2: Was Laura's walking around like Demiro backstage, coming happy, sad, happy, sad, mad, mad, sad smiles coy and gets dump. Four models crying in the corner. Everyone's around, Laura's doing it, clown faces on.
Speaker 4: That horrible and we like sorry, well the worst part what I was I was, I was like, oh god, your bake cup's getting ruins, Like we're gonna have to stop down.
Speaker 3: It is so supad you're terrible.
Speaker 2: Hi, girls, how you feeling today?
Speaker 3: Great complaints so far?
Speaker 2: Can I get you? Guys? This might be traumatic and everyone listening listening in the car at home, I want you to cast your mind back to your ex'es, I the xes in your life. This might be traumatic and a PSA which this triggers you Australia.
Speaker 4: I've had enough therapy that this is not something I want to do. I don't want you undoing that therapy live on radio.
Speaker 2: Listen. There's a theory that is out that says everyone has an X that looks like this certain stereotype and they are the sexiest men we've all been within our life. I'm going to show you a photo and we'll post this on the pickup socials And I want you Britain Laura to answer me yes or no. Have you at one point in your life and were they sexy dated a man that looked like this. Yes, thank you, I knew it.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, I'm trying to study it.
Speaker 1: I just so you guys know, I'm looking at a cartoon It's like a cartoon rat with big ears.
Speaker 2: It's a cartoon rat from the hit series Flushed Away. And he is hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what. I've never dated that.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have. I know your exes and you've you've had rat exes, but.
Speaker 4: My exes are all ethnic. He looks like a white rat rat rat. When we say rat, rat just sounds like negative, right. If you say it's a rat, No, it is. It's a cartoon rat. But if you say rat, most people in the cars would be thinking, oh, that's a negative connotation for it. For a human, that is a very endearing looking rat. And I would say that my ex who looks like that is very, very handsome.
Speaker 2: Correct. There's an article it's sitting on Pedestrian the term rat boyfriends hot hot boys can be rats. Like examples Kieran Colkan from Succession, He's a rat kind of man. Jeremy Allen White from The Bear, I.
Speaker 1: Don't even know he to be Fairs look a little bit like that picture. But have you seen his body in the Calvin Client campaign. But it doesn't matter about body, it it just does body is mad. But the rat comparison, Timothy Shallome, everyone is a hot rat.
Speaker 3: I'm going to show you a photo of my boyfriend right now and tell me what you think.
Speaker 2: Is it not him? Is it not the rat? This man would sit on a piece of Yelsberg cheese and nor nor nor, he'd have a little little hole in the bottom of the four boards. That's a rat.
Speaker 3: But he's so handsome.
Speaker 1: But he's going to show you the only person that I think could actually fall into that category.
Speaker 3: We need in the rats. It sounds very negative.
Speaker 7: Is hot?
Speaker 3: The person I'm showing you right now is a very good looking It's.
Speaker 2: Not it's an energy about the rat. It's they're hot. They're gorgeous. They're gorgeous.
Speaker 3: You want to have a littlenibble on them?
Speaker 2: Correct? I think my current could be little?
Speaker 3: Don't you think it could be a bit of a rat?
Speaker 2: Mouse?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Body rat?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just urge you, if you ever dated a rat, or you've got an exits a rat, send us a photo of the pick up and I want it. We can put up a little compilation of the rats of past.
Speaker 4: Please go to add the pick up on Instagram and have a look at this picture first, because I think you really need to see the visuals whilst we're all our ex boyfriends of rat.
Speaker 1: So the rat can I tell you the reason your picture looks so good is because he's got that rat has beautiful skin like and he's got very even features.
Speaker 3: And that is, you know, that's what we look for in people.
Speaker 2: I actually think don't just falls into the whole rat ex frog debate your rat and Laura and I both frog? Are you across rat? F frog?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Why am I a frog?
Speaker 2: Oh? This is so gen z you guys. It is essentially the theory that people fall into one of two categories, either rat or a frog. They look like a rat or a frog. Laura Ribbert, You're a frog, I'm a frog. BRIT's a rat. I mean, look, why am I Laura a frog and I'm a rat? You just can't go into it if you know, you know, it's just different features. You've got petite, small angular features. Laura is more rounded and curved in the face, So am I I'm rounded and curved.
Speaker 3: I'm getting more offended as we go on.
Speaker 2: So let's just as I continue to want the baby we got de Sandwage