Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: There was that we've been time traveling back to like nineteen seventy eight. Whenever I hear this, good morning, It's Friday morning on the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: We've made it to Friday's four.
Speaker 2: Minutes past six Today's show.
Speaker 3: We are stacked.
Speaker 2: The big thing we got going on that we do every single Friday is every single song that I play is picked by you some Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Let me know what songs you want to hear this morning.
Speaker 2: Kick start your weekend nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 3: How are you this morning, Jack?
Speaker 4: I'm very good. I'm not sure if I should ask this, but do you do you do pooh in the morning before you come?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I think this is fair enough because actually, if you if you routinely have these early hours, everything you do is part of your morning routine. But personally, for me, I part of my routine. Everything is just whittled down to the fine tuned. I always have a number two before I get out the door. Always been on that for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Details.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm always a morning person, and with me.
Speaker 2: You're always a morning person. I spoke to Andy Lee yesterday, right, just catch up check. He was okay about what happened, and he was going, how's Jack getting on? I said, you know, he's doing really really well. Said, I still think it's some of these hours are aliens, and but he's making a lot of effort to get used to what nutrition.
Speaker 3: And sleepy needs.
Speaker 2: And he goes, he just casts his mind back to last August when I first said to Andy privately, look, this might be a thing, it might becoming to mail, it might be on.
Speaker 3: Gold and who could I need someone great to do it with?
Speaker 2: And he mentioned you, And he goes, your only thing is those hours. He's never done a day's proper day's work in his life. This is someone who cares about you, recommended you for a job. You're telling me you're a morning person.
Speaker 3: No, you're not.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm miscommunicated that I do every morning.
Speaker 2: I do always do my puss, Like at four am, you can get it done.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm trying to before the show starts, use every minute I can for sleep. So I wish I could get rid of it.
Speaker 2: But during the night, I just don't have a special mattress that you can just move your backside over.
Speaker 3: And you know, yuck.
Speaker 6: You don't want to do it for how do you go on the weekends though, because that means then you have to get up.
Speaker 3: I get up within five or ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I need to do that to me too, even on holiday. My wife at once actually said, you know, I envy that.
Speaker 3: Was she on holiday. I don't want to say her routines. You weren't like that.
Speaker 4: It's horrible.
Speaker 3: But I can anywhere. It's not a problem. It's not a problem. You know what.
Speaker 2: You and I can talk about this. Neither of us can now say the pass, hey.
Speaker 6: Pass, No I find breakfast? Oh god, no, I know, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Oh god no, please.
Speaker 6: It MUCKs my system up. I missed my window. If I can't go at the same time in the afternoon, I then have to wait another seriously, another twenty four hours. I missed my window.
Speaker 3: I've got Are you kidding?
Speaker 6: No, I'm deadly serious. Why, I don't know, I'm weird like that.
Speaker 4: So what if you accidentally missed two days in a row? Oh God forbid? More hunched over.
Speaker 3: God, yeah, I reckon. That's well. We've got a little bit of the old testing news yesterday.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the old fugly stick story and stuff like that?
Speaker 3: Having a pop at England the way yesterday? All right, okay, yeah, when you say the same time in the afternoon, what do you mean on the hour?
Speaker 6: It's a bit like my news.
Speaker 3: It's a clock start, is it?
Speaker 4: It's three o'clock coming on?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Okay, good chat everyone, breaking news. Let's get Marny on the line. Now, good morning, Marny. Hello, I won't don't worry money, I'm not going to bring you into this conversation. Stay in the house. You know.
Speaker 2: Show number twenty five can't be the one where we started asking listeners do they have a poo in the morning.
Speaker 5: I'm an asking person.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're a girl after my own mark.
Speaker 2: I'm actually starting to blush that.
Speaker 7: Started out. He did.
Speaker 2: I know, we don't forget this guy's a morning person. You know, he lives for these hours. Whatever the definition is of not a morning person, it is Jackson.
Speaker 3: All right, So listen, Marnie.
Speaker 2: You get the honors of picking the first song today. All the music is beat by everyone listening today. So what do you want to go for this morning to kick start the show?
Speaker 5: Well, going for something romantic, get a bit disturbing, and that is the Pinacolara song.
Speaker 3: Great song.
Speaker 5: Ah, you know it's fun. Back in the day, were like a pinicola that we'd like to have fun in the rain. Nowaday, it's all about are you married yet you're out of parole kind of thing. You're trying to find the man.
Speaker 8: I just thought i'd bring it back, you know, i'd.
Speaker 9: Bring it back out was.
Speaker 2: Well, you say that this song is a song about romance in simpler times, and actually there's a real darker story in this of a guy who is bored in his marriage took out an advert looking for someone who likes, you know, singing in the rain to go and have an affair with. He meets this person who applies to the advert. Love Behold, it's his wife and in the song they both have a laugh about it. If I started going on, you know, some kind of dating app and then the old lady indoors have had enough with her and then I go to meet someone for some dirty, grubby side sex and I go to my.
Speaker 3: Wife, who the fuck it's you my wife. Oh we had a laugh on the way home for about that, but that's what the.
Speaker 2: That's the story of this song. Anyway, it's a great one to kick start the show. So Marnie, here's your song and joy have a nice weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: When I was a younger man, he used to think this song was just a fun, innocent song about the cocktail peanut ladas.
Speaker 3: And then as I.
Speaker 2: Got older, one though, I was going this is a song about a guy who was looking to get away from his other half for some side action and then goes to have that and then ends up meeting his wife, and it's a fun song about that. Brilliant, brilliant song to kick afoll requests Friday on Gold one I four point three. Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. You know, we're talking about our routines this time of the day, right and there are a lot of people listening right now who are always up this time of the day. I think that for some of you who keep regular early morning hours, you'll have a certain marker on your way into work where if you look at it and you look at the time, you know whether you're on time, early or late. For me, now five weeks into doing the same journey into the radio station from where I am out Brighton East, the mean streets of Bran East, I know there's a bit well once I get from a Nepean Highway onto Punk Road and there's a seven eleven long Punk Road, and I know I always see it because there's a traffic light just before, and always look up. I look at what the time is in the uber driver's car. And this morning on New Strowaway, damn it on four minutes behind. Normally hit it around five twenty five, it's like five twenty nine. I was, ah, that's four minutes. I'm going to need to really get a jog on now. When I get in the building, no time for chit chat. And I even saw Nick Albadusu started to a little bit chat with me, and I held my hand up. Now, I haven't got time right now, I've got a piece of people and I want to write some things down. Something i'd heard in the taxi from a rival radio station that they were claiming that it had annoyed me that I will address this morning. Okay, this is this is on the addition a piece of paper that randomly just scribbled down angry this morning. When I gone, it begins the top line fox. So anyway I want to know this morning? Then what is your morning marker? You'll know somewhere along your morning routine, your journey into work. I bet that you have a similar thing to me where you it's like a landmark, or it's not really like a tourist landmark, like the seven eleven on Punt Road. It's not a tourist landmark, but you'll know there's something the thing, a marker on your morning routine into work.
Speaker 3: Where you can look at that and know whether or not you're on time.
Speaker 4: Mine's always getting off the end of the freeway and I look at the time and think, am I late? But then also I'm not really sure what time I'm meant to start. In your morning check, I've kept it a bit fluid. Sometimes I come in early, sometimes they come in and just know where.
Speaker 2: They're actually going to show up. Most mornings, there's a really nice fun energy to have. Perhaps do you have this?
Speaker 4: I do usually I listen.
Speaker 2: You've got like a thousand kilometer trip in every single day, bring the lead cheer drives in from broom.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I listen to a rival AM station and usually I've got to be on the ride by the time some.
Speaker 3: Kind of right wing talk is it now?
Speaker 6: It's I have to be in the car in the garage backing out when the US correspondent is is signing off and they go into the cereal because I love the cereal on the way in yep, that's my market.
Speaker 4: What's sorry for being ignorant? What's the cereal?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Like there?
Speaker 6: You know, what's another word for a cereal? Like a radio play from the sixties.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that stuff was still on radio.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant like it was a serial feature where they do it at the same time every day, like it's twenty five.
Speaker 3: But it's what's some boring old play?
Speaker 4: I love it? Is it where they get like this?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I'm glad I've got ten thousand miles away from England because they have a terrible one called the Archers, right, and every dentist you go to they've.
Speaker 3: Always got it on somewhere on a station called Radio four. It's a BBC station.
Speaker 2: It's eleven a m. Let's catch up with what's going on with the archers? No, and it's all these horrible sound effects. This Montague, could you sit down please.
Speaker 3: It's horrible.
Speaker 4: What's the theme?
Speaker 3: Doors opening and coming back up?
Speaker 4: What's the theme?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What's the story?
Speaker 6: At the moment they're sort of swapping it around a bit. So they had one where about a prized race horse that got poisoned and this one I can't.
Speaker 3: Quite no staircase is it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: I think this one repeats of the old is it Dad and Dave or.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is for we would know you asking here?
Speaker 4: I sleep as well. Remember not a lot of people pirating that theories.
Speaker 3: You find it on marketplace? All right, what's your mon Marco? Let me know on nine four.
Speaker 2: One one four three back to more of your requests. On gold one and four point three poison un skinny bot. Justin in Epping wants to hear this this morning. It's seventeen minutes past six morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Poison un skinny bop coome on. It's the Christian O'Connor Backford show. It's goal one in four point three. You're in control the music. Every Friday on our show, I'm Skinny Bot poison for Justin in Epping. So this morning we want to know what are your morning markers, your routine during the during the morning, this time of the day, your journey into work where if you look at that whatever it is, and you look at the time, you've got to work out where you're running early or late or on time. Gabby, good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Gabby. Welcome to the show. And what's it for you? What's your morning marker?
Speaker 11: So every time I turn off the highway, there's a ute sitting on the left side, a hand in the bus stop. If he's there, sitting there waiting for his mate arm one time?
Speaker 3: Now do you think the drive of the U is also looking out for you?
Speaker 2: And then he knows if you're there at the same time, why he's mate for his own weight at the bus stop. He knows whether he's early or late as well. You'll each other's markers.
Speaker 12: Oh I hope I'd be honest, Gabby, have a lovely.
Speaker 2: Weekend, thanks for calling, Thank you bye. We now got a friend of the show. You A couple of weeks ago we first met DJ Steve Strange, DJ Bingo. Then he came in when we were doing the Vinyl Show two weeks ago. He's on the line now coome morning.
Speaker 3: DJ Steve Strange, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 13: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: Now, I know obviously you work late on a Thursday night. You're always up early in the morning listening to us at the super part of the show.
Speaker 3: What is your morning marker?
Speaker 13: Well, my morning marker is on s George is very just over bell straight. I think it's a buffle red on and always from if it's quarter passed and I'm one time together the studios one of the days.
Speaker 3: A keyword there, I think it's a brother. What else do you think it is there?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think you're pretty well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, John Varnum of Human Nature, every time you cry pick this morning by Beth just coming up for twenty to seven this morning on the show.
Speaker 3: Then we want to know about your morning markers.
Speaker 2: These are the things you have if you're up this surnly in the morning a lot for your work. It would be somewhere on the way into work, someone your journey or someone in your routine where you know at a certain time, if you look at that, you know whether you're on time, whether you're running early or late. So someone in the office here, Zoey works in sales. You were chatting to her and she's got a great one. We've dragged her in Zoey. Good morning morning. That's that powerful microphone.
Speaker 3: Now morning. There we go, And so we understand you're off. You're off to London.
Speaker 7: Then I am on Monday, so lots to get done before then.
Speaker 3: Is that where you're in early?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No one else who works on the sales team is in this hour of the day.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: Well, usually if you're taking off, it means that you up all.
Speaker 2: Your work now you don't, no, no, no, other people don't do that YouTube jack again, some of us are kind. Listen, So could you do a favorite when you're over in London next week? If I'll give you some money, can you get some pickled onions?
Speaker 3: Barry? There must be Barry Norman's pickled onions.
Speaker 7: I'm sure I can do that. Why don't I even shout them for you?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's very kind. I should put it on expenses, of course, but then then.
Speaker 4: It makes it an issue coming back through customs, go through the long line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is all fine.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna be on board of patrol because you bring in some pickled onions.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it.
Speaker 7: Happens, I will blame you solidly on camera.
Speaker 3: All right, And what is your morning marker?
Speaker 7: Then my morning marcer isn't on the way to work. It's if I'm still sitting on my bed in my underwear scrolling on Instagram at ten to eight, I'm definitely going to be late.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. There's your morning marcers though, all right, this would have a safe fly. I have a good time in London.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, we got here.
Speaker 3: We've got Joel. Good morning Joel, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 15: There we go on.
Speaker 3: I'm really good mates Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm in a good mood, Joel, will morning marker.
Speaker 16: I have a local local celtech service.
Speaker 3: Ess.
Speaker 16: I stopping at a paper and every morning, and if I'm running on time, there is a lower young woman who is usually quite grubby though, because she just come up an eight hour shift and she's finished up. Yeah, if I'm running five dinners late, they actually change start over, and in the process of changing the staff over, they do a stop taste. They shut down the computers and you can't pay for a leak for five ten minutes and you have it back on the customers and then by the time you get out your cop every.
Speaker 3: Or even later.
Speaker 2: So that's a really really good market, Joe, that's a brilliant one. Perfect all right, have a nice weekend. Thanks your calling a bud It Here the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That is see brilliant thin Lizzie Whisky in the Jart brilliant song. You're picking again this saning malbul Thank you very much, sir, Christian O'Connor Breakfast on Gold one I four point three.
Speaker 3: You can email the show even if we've moved on from someone we're talking about on an earliest show.
Speaker 2: You can always email us for a new feature we're looking to start called late to the Party. Tom's done that this morning Listeners every morning heard us yesterday after England crashed out in the World Cup talking about when sport broke your heart Christian and joined listen to the new show first time by a Sport broke my heart was when Hulk Hogan lost to the Ultimate Warrior at w w F WrestleMania six.
Speaker 3: I cried. I actually cried for days because Hulk Hogan.
Speaker 2: Was my hero, only lost the championship, only made beat him on My dad's on a chim out by buying me a Hulk Hogan action figure.
Speaker 3: Christian, this was sad times. That's some Tom Campbell makes.
Speaker 4: That much sadness is there. It's a premeditated storyline, so Hulk was never gonna win's and.
Speaker 2: His dad trying to cheer him up not be going to say that to his son. Tom, Thank you very much for that, Christian, late to the party. You're talking the other day about dishes with different ingredients that your parents or your nano grandad did. My dad used to make baked beans on toast himount of emails I've got about dads that made baked beans on toast.
Speaker 3: It's what I did for years, as.
Speaker 4: My dad only had yeah, two recipes baked beans on toast and sausages and potatoes.
Speaker 2: My dad used to make baked beans on toast and decided it tasted just as good with banana slices on top. I still to this day, can't understand why we'd combine fruit with baked beans. That's Sam Harris, thank you very for much. This Christian Late to the Party, you were talking about what bad part did you have in your school play? I was in my Christmas and Liberted Nativity play and Australian Christmas.
Speaker 3: I was just a blowfly. Wow, that's I think.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Hippopotamus. It's in a Nativity scene. Who had to help uh? To help out Joseph and Jesus across the bridge, hippo.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's in the Bible or the Old Testament.
Speaker 4: But is way worse than I think it is.
Speaker 2: And then this one, I think is the worst one we've heard this week about what were you in your school play? This is from George Late to the Party Christian and I had a non speaking part of just a wall.
Speaker 3: There was no one else. I was a brick in the wall. George. That is a new low.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, All Request Friday Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good on and Melvin, you're in control of the music.
Speaker 2: Again every single Friday, every single song is picked by you. All of the radio stations hate the fact we do this because they try and get away with the lazy game. We're just playing roughly the same songs every ninety minutes. Not so with us on Gold one oh four point three. Now today's show has just got a lot harder. On the next hour, we are now broadcasting live. That's the word the modern world on a Facebook on our Facebook page.
Speaker 3: If you want to see what goes on behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Here no idea why you would oh Ce one o four to three Thomas filming this. I mean, I am joining this because the language in the studio can sometimes be a.
Speaker 3: Little bit.
Speaker 4: Salty, brighter than it is on It is that what you call it?
Speaker 3: Is that what you call it it's not from me obviously.
Speaker 17: Is that it's jack Jack p Jackie Pats, but especially Pats Pats is like a drunken sayda, you know, it's had two bottles of rum, So please just be careful, passay.
Speaker 4: It's worth going up to nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Escentually, really, let's rip all right. Vlad is on the line. Good morning, Flad. What song do you want to hear? I'm pretty good, Lad. What songs you want to hear to kick start this out of the show.
Speaker 13: Oh, we want to hear the boys up, Get the boys ready for work, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Okay, Flad, have a top weekend? Is your song? Mate?
Speaker 14: You too? Mate?
Speaker 13: Take it easy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three coming up.
Speaker 2: On the Sarning show. Then during the next hour, Jack will sing the week.
Speaker 4: I'm getting in the whole team as a chorus line for today's song.
Speaker 3: Big production number.
Speaker 2: You've been rehearsing every time we going to the ad break You're and the team like a big sort of ensemble quie today from the team.
Speaker 4: Well, I want them to be rehearsing, except that they're all like, oh, we got work to do, We've got to answer phones, And I'm like.
Speaker 3: God, they actually have actually got work to do. It's really busy.
Speaker 2: The next time, there's a lot going on also after eight, not this morning. If you've got a fine, not a speeding fine, but if you have a fine for something, we're gonna be paying some of those.
Speaker 3: Tell me more about that in hour's time.
Speaker 2: Before the sharp bumped into Pats and she was saying, and she went last night to the opening night of Mamma Mia.
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy it?
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 6: I love aber music.
Speaker 2: So you're thinking about Waterloo raging all night?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Well, then why did you leave at halftime?
Speaker 6: Not because the show was bad, but because I have a three am alarm basically.
Speaker 2: But I don't understand that people that leave things are I'm taking my kids to see Wizard of Oz Sunday. I'm not as soon as I find the Yellow Bit Road.
Speaker 16: I know going.
Speaker 4: Kids, We know what happens from the movie and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Pick it up, kids, get your back. Some must get out of it. It's been it, We're done. So you know, I don't understand people that leave stuff. Only why didn't you stay in town like a YMSA or something, or stay at Jacks.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I think I'd rather drive home than stay at Jacks.
Speaker 2: I do understand, because then you're missing out. You don't You don't even know what I'm missing the second half?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Not well whatever, Obviously I've seen the movie.
Speaker 2: What a great review from gold one oh four point three more.
Speaker 6: I'd rather do that than slip through my alarm and get into trouble.
Speaker 2: I remember a friend of mine, former England rugby captain, right Will Carling, and him and his family got lucky enough to go and see Bruce Springsteen and the East Street Band live in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine what gig that would have been?
Speaker 4: Wait, and that's where he's from, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In town gig yep, And you know Bruce Springsteen famous, he's not exactly phoning it in three hour gigs. Anyway, Springsteen goes song and it felt like he was on the radio. Then it's now me talking again, not Springsteen, and he goes soon as it's done this get out of here, and he's worried about, you know, getting on.
Speaker 4: The subway traffic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, they.
Speaker 2: Springsteen comes on as another forty five minutes and they are all the trains leaving wherever the stadium was. They're held up waiting for people who are waiting for spring Steen of fish. They're there for about an hour forty five minutes as they hear springsting song after just in the distance as well.
Speaker 3: These kids are just clearing now, why did you make us do this?
Speaker 2: This happens to be where you get stressed out you leave, it might be not just a music gig or a concert, might be a sport game as well.
Speaker 3: Why did you leave early? What happened when you left early?
Speaker 2: I find it fascinating people that leave things early loads of times. You see this in soccer matches, people going they think they're team's losing one nil.
Speaker 3: They're going, this has been an awful game.
Speaker 2: As they're leaving the ground, find the car is it's got to equalized and waste of eighty five minutes of my life? Let us know things you've left early? Nine one four three, give us at gord this morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ladmark's Ride on Time? That is pit this morning? By who's gone for that? Kathy in Sunshine? I want to hear that this morning. It has gone seventeen minutes past seven? Is it Ride on Time with a D? Ride on Time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I always thought it was right on time?
Speaker 3: Very boring old song, wouldn't it. You're punctual? Whoa yeah? Yeah, punk chow?
Speaker 2: Whoa never for late, relable, dependable, Bruce Springsteen's back, No, that's I don't know who that is actually I woke to that voice again. Don't know where that goes from Friday thing. Actually know what yesterday right out of my next door neighbor said a low to me and he literally must have been waiting for you behind a wall because he just stepped out their ways. Really nice older guy in there's seventies or something. And I've been on a bike ride with the kids and they just left. They just left me behind. I was tired in the afternoon. They were going to me.
Speaker 3: Hurry up.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, I'm tired, so I put my bike away and we're at my house and it just from behind the wall.
Speaker 3: This man comes out right and he goes hello.
Speaker 2: She went oh, oh, hi there and he goes h what he said to me, He goes cuation. I went, ah, twoday's to day. You come out from behind the minual to SAILO three. Been here seven weeks, never seen you. Croatia beat England in the World Cup and suddenly it's halla.
Speaker 3: I did say that I am now going to be back in Croatia.
Speaker 2: I really really hope they beat the French, and anything's better than the French win the World Cup. At the weekend, I do feel so Iphythingtontein. Though you might not be aware this. They have to play this pointless game at the weekend to work out who comes third or fourth. No one knows who comes third or fourth of any World Cup ever, it's a pointless, pointless, pointless game.
Speaker 4: Well last in the Olympics, you get a bronze medal for competing in a third jack.
Speaker 2: I actually think I'm not sure we'll have an all. Look on Google, I'll work up this true, but I might. I think of the top of my head, you win something if you get third place.
Speaker 3: If you get fourth place, you get nothing.
Speaker 2: They've done everything, got like a certificate they've quickly knocked up on words or something like that.
Speaker 3: That we're printing the others off.
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, so who hasn't a paper and the printer for the team?
Speaker 3: Come on, there.
Speaker 4: Must be some prize money, because why else would high level, high earning players stick around after they've lost in Russia.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think they get like a performance bonus. I think it's like fifty thousand dollars per game. There'd be a lot of them that can play this weekend who haven't played so fun end of the England Games.
Speaker 4: But would the super rich guys go home. Like if Ronaldo was playing and he's earning one hundred million dollars a year or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't if he was in like this point as robber match, they wouldn't play him because he'd be too worried about being injured, especially for someone like that where he's just signed up to doing mega deal as well.
Speaker 4: And he'd probably get on a private jet home while the rest of the team has to get the normal commercial.
Speaker 2: May you guys, you guys get jet Star.
Speaker 3: I've got my own jet.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Have you enjoyed the music this morning?
Speaker 2: It's not a bit by us, it's beat by you Melbourne, noiseworks, no lies for Tom in Werribee or request. Every Friday on the Christian o'connoll Reckfass Show only on Gold one oh four point three seven twenty nine. This week we're talking about the thing you'll find on Facebook, their marketplace. They've not really done a big deal about this at the moment, but it is there. You might have seen it and if you want to have a little look on there be one of our correspondents finding stuff. I think we're going to do this every Tuesday kind of Facebook marketplace. The price is right and what's happening is now people are contacting me all of the world of our podcast listeners. In fact, this guy Jimmy's listened to us illegally right now in Scotland. Edinburgh Fantastic City was illegally.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if he should be listening now. I think it's one of.
Speaker 4: These pirate radio setups vpls.
Speaker 3: Thats a VPN.
Speaker 2: This has got a visible pantelion right now, but that's how the Scott's do it. It's got a kilt basically. Anyway, Good evening, Jimmy, I guess there are the time efferent's over there. He wants to be become our Edinburgh correspondent for what Edinburgh is selling on Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 4: He has found that's a great point because we can only see the Melbourne marketplace, so people all over the world can can.
Speaker 2: Be our correspondse. We can try and get correspondents in various countries. He's found top three things at the moment oddest things that Edinburgh is selling in Scotland, an iPad for two dollars that's been dropped in the bath twice.
Speaker 4: I guess you could just use it as like a serving tray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have your tea on, but you want two bucks for it? Does say it's been dropped in the bath twice. Someone's selling for thirty bucks Beats wireless earphones that have been used five times.
Speaker 3: That's five times too many. I don't want second and earways.
Speaker 4: Really that thirty bucks is kind of good for that.
Speaker 3: But it's been in someone's ears five times.
Speaker 4: If it is Melbourne, i'd consider that.
Speaker 2: Really, you think the Melbourne ears are cleaning than Scottishes? Is that based on Shrek? You know that's not a documentary. I love this one. One hundred bucks selling my uncle's four teeth full set. I'm selling my uncle's full full's teeth recently passed away.
Speaker 3: Is I think? I think he wore them only three times?
Speaker 4: How do you know that?
Speaker 10: Is?
Speaker 4: Once is enough? As soon as it's in the mouth, it's enough. I've got one for Tuesday, if we play prices right marketplace again, that is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen sold anywhere.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh, I'm already looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell, Breakfast Shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All this brilliant music this morning and every single Friday. He is bit by you, Melbourne tax Sea's Midnight Runners Calm on nineteen for teen of this morning, just coming up for twenty to eight. We are five minutes away. He is back, no excuses. Jack is returning to finally sing the week. I'm very, very excited. It's a really big production number, this one. This is all today. You've had the whole team, producers, everyone out in a separate studio rehearsing this live performance.
Speaker 4: And it would come as no surprise to you that Nick, our producer, has asked for it some extra flare. What does that mean he wants to do some harmonizing in high bitch? No, No, I've said he could have one bit right at the end.
Speaker 3: Okay. Fine.
Speaker 2: Now, on the way in this morning, taxi driver has a rival radio stational.
Speaker 3: That's fine, Okay, it's his car, all right.
Speaker 2: And then I'm listening to it, and then I hear this go out on air. Melvin's Contest yep, Fox Now they say they've got Melbourne's Richest Cash Contest ten thousand dollars. No, my friend's over at Fox. You have the same as us. It is not the most you draw with us.
Speaker 3: Until now what have I got here?
Speaker 2: I've got a five and another five? Okay we now officially Fox meln Former Richest Cash Contest because we now go on the ten k now repeat day to ten thousand and ten dollars and put my own money into this.
Speaker 4: And last week when we couldn't get that girl to yell and scream in her office because she is because she knew, oh this is the same as Fox ten.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what this is another ten bucks on Fox?
Speaker 1: Your move Fox, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The entire team is now in the studio for Jack Sings the Week. Now, normally this is you your lovely guitar and you were to sing the story of the breakfast show this week.
Speaker 4: It'll still be ninety percent May but there's a chorus line now that will help me at the end. We had to practice, so it's given it away a little bit to you, but it will be for the England soccer song three Lions, which if we have a bit of it goes, are we done well? It's You would have heard it over on the internet.
Speaker 2: You would have seen the memes all this week is coming home? It's coming in home. We finally got some here is this?
Speaker 3: Is it now?
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear this now because obviously it is not coming home. The defeated England football team are coming home? Have you really thought the best thing to do? The only Ponty on a breakfast show in town? You want me to suffer more by doing some funny song to this?
Speaker 4: It's actually a really great song and I hadn't heard it properly until this week. I've written this week's song as a cover version of that. And it starts, so, have you got a name for your backing singer? Because obviously Springsteen's got the East Street Band?
Speaker 3: Who have you got here?
Speaker 4: The gold Street Singers?
Speaker 2: Oh zeero, it's like a very bad Australian's got talent act.
Speaker 3: We're the gold Street Singers. Next.
Speaker 2: That's the best thing you could come up with, the gold Street Singers. Okay, so it's Jack and the gold Street Singers if you go.
Speaker 4: So it starts with me house sitting Andy Lee's last week Earlier this week.
Speaker 18: He's coming home. He's come in and he's come in home. He's colm in home. He's coming home. He's calm in and he's coming home. So many jokes that are unfit.
Speaker 4: To probably have seen, and to look after and his fish while him and his girlfriend are on holiday, and.
Speaker 18: While they are away, they're letting me stay and I'm.
Speaker 4: Takee in fan. I'm trying on andy shirts. I'm using his bed to sleep in.
Speaker 18: I'm wearing his clothes to work, bringing people over for screenings.
Speaker 4: So who comes over to watch the game? Christian Oconnell is.
Speaker 18: His name, and I told him to behave before am. He comes in the door, getting mud on the floor.
Speaker 4: He wants to watch the football.
Speaker 18: And there awaits him three lions on a shirt, but only one goal on the schoolboard.
Speaker 4: Christian's going business.
Speaker 19: He's stepping his body feet on the floorboards.
Speaker 4: They're going home.
Speaker 3: They're going.
Speaker 18: England's going home. They going home. They going home.
Speaker 4: They're going in.
Speaker 18: England's going home, gold Street Fan, They're going home.
Speaker 19: They're going in. England's going home. They going I'm they going.
Speaker 14: And going in. England's going I'm wearing and the shirts using his house for a screen in England.
Speaker 19: We're the worsting of the.
Speaker 4: Two teams competing.
Speaker 7: He lies on a s.
Speaker 18: Only one doll on the scullboard.
Speaker 4: Coacious Goings.
Speaker 3: England, make you well.
Speaker 19: They going Hame, They're going in. Glenn's going home. They go and hun, they go in hard. They're going in Glenn's gowing Ham, they go in him, they go in.
Speaker 4: Had Christians left the studios? He's actually one gout. I don't know he's gonna be the one who presses the button for us again to the next part. I think he's going to be a high Christian's going home.
Speaker 19: He's going Christian's going now come back.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: We miss you, we miss you. We need someone to press the buttons.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian o'con all Breakfast Show, All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Okay, every single Friday on this show you and control all the music.
Speaker 3: Between six and ten Harrison in Rosanna, good.
Speaker 10: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are I pretty good? Mate? I hope you got a top weight.
Speaker 2: You get to you get the honors picking the first song to kick off this hour.
Speaker 3: What do you want to hear.
Speaker 12: I would like to hear the boss thunder Road get here.
Speaker 2: What a great song of my favorite songs of all time. You're big fan of Springsteen?
Speaker 12: Oh, huge fans, huge fan?
Speaker 3: You ever seen him live?
Speaker 12: Yeah? His last concert?
Speaker 10: It was great?
Speaker 3: So what when he came? Have you any what he did he do? Hanging rock?
Speaker 10: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Did he do hanging rock? Here? What does a big giggy did about four or five years ago?
Speaker 16: Hanging rock?
Speaker 12: Amy Park or something?
Speaker 16: Baby?
Speaker 12: Okay, yes, yes, Now I just want to give it a Can I give a bit.
Speaker 16: Of a share?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course you can. I tell you what? Then?
Speaker 2: All right, you hang on before you do your shout out. It's got about twenty second on the intro, so do it over the song. Go see if you can make it work. If you go Harrison, it's all yours.
Speaker 10: All right, all right?
Speaker 12: So I just want to give a nice share out to the trade school boys at box Seel Taste P six B, Darren Hudson, but especially the good old dentist Harvey Furlong. Big share out to the dentist.
Speaker 2: Dare we ask why is he called the dentist? I'm guessing that he actually isn't a professional dentist.
Speaker 12: It's just got something to do with a girl, and I should not say.
Speaker 3: Should have asked.
Speaker 2: All right, here's your song, houson have a top weekend. Thanks for making us play Springsteen and thunder Road and join Gold one A four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Priue Springs seen an East three man Thundero bit by Harrison in Rosanna. Is this coming at four thirteen minutes past stake? It's Gold one a four point three with adriadic furniture. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. I hope you're well this morning. This might help some of you out. I've been given a couple of one hundred bucks by the Boss and we're going to use that right now to pay off some of your fines. Now, obviously that's not going to be speeding fines or anything else like that, all right, but in my parking fines, I'm guessing, just in my two months here, knowing that your deep love of bureaucracy, there's can be a lot of fines and various council permits that you don't have.
Speaker 3: Not having the right I didn't even realize.
Speaker 2: You needed a dog permit where I'm had to go to the council to get a permit just.
Speaker 3: To have a dog.
Speaker 4: Would we do public urination? Why have you got I've been.
Speaker 2: Done again for that run the back of the building if you've talked about that, not up against Huggey's car. Don't do it there. Okay, it's not a fox. I keep telling it sort of raccoon or fox or anything. You can't keep doing it. So anyway, we're doing this, and.
Speaker 20: Now it's time for Christian cut Alter.
Speaker 4: Pay your finds.
Speaker 20: It's Finday Friday.
Speaker 3: Okay, Then what fine have you got? How much is it? Jack?
Speaker 2: And our workout if we're paying yours from the budget we have.
Speaker 3: You're in control of the budget.
Speaker 2: You've got a white boarders who work out the various sums, so.
Speaker 4: It's not an automatic win. If somebody gets three on the phone.
Speaker 3: We're budget where we're like the judge and the jury on this.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to work out what the fine was if it was a parking one, where were they?
Speaker 4: And then one last question, if there's any money left over from the budget, does that go to us or does that go back into the kitty.
Speaker 2: Do you need to ask back in the bub next week? So furfees, let's just chalk it up as pier vouchers, okay, anyway, give us a goal now, nine four one four one oh four three. We're paying off your fines on Friday Friday. Nine four one four one oh four three. We're come to lines next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three playing.
Speaker 3: It's a Ricky and Caldliner ritchiet all night long.
Speaker 2: We're playing off your fines now nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 14: What have you got a fine?
Speaker 3: Four jack and I might pay it off.
Speaker 2: We're got of the judge and jury on this, so give us a gord Melbourne nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 20: It's fday Friday, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's see what finds Melbourne. I've got first of all up in court. We've got Mick.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Mick, good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Here going pretty good mech Hoe, you well we swarning? What's your fine for? Buddy?
Speaker 21: I capt an eighty one dollar fine last week in from the Melbourne City Council, Cardigan Street, Carlton for parking in it two hour park, so I didn't realize it's might defense. I fed the meter come back out before it running out, refed the meter come back out with an hour to spare, and.
Speaker 14: I had a fine.
Speaker 21: So I rang them and yeah I had a big blue with them. But anyway, it still stands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to be honest, right, it is really really hard to understand some of those zones. And you know what it says, like no return within two hours. I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's so many tricks on parking signs these days, Mick, be honest, did you really not know? We will, honestly, you will take your honesty into a count when coditioning out these money.
Speaker 3: Throwing in south in front of the mercy of the courts in the front court.
Speaker 21: I actually asked if I pulled out and pulled back in with that bokay, and.
Speaker 7: They said no.
Speaker 21: And you can park in the park next to it. You virtually have to leave the suburb and come back to repark.
Speaker 4: That's that is an interesting question. How far away do you have to get in that original park?
Speaker 3: Good point, Mack, do you know what we're paying it off?
Speaker 5: Next?
Speaker 3: Stay there?
Speaker 2: Eighty one dollars. You're paying that off, buddy, that's on us. Okay, all right, let's get someone else into the court now, Alex.
Speaker 3: Bring them up pretty good, Alex, what's your fine? Mate?
Speaker 10: I had a fine for parking in my own driveway.
Speaker 3: From your wife.
Speaker 10: Well, supposedly you can't have any part of your car over the pedestrian crossing, which was yeah, so it's actually come one of cops. So yeah, he's a bit rude.
Speaker 3: It's very rude.
Speaker 4: How far are you sticking out, Alex?
Speaker 10: Not even a push like it was.
Speaker 4: It was all kidding there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my car actually it's too long to a park in my own driveway and fine.
Speaker 3: The second go on to be fair, he has got a bus actually.
Speaker 10: Already quite a long car.
Speaker 3: But still that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: That's just someone hanging around, whether they have like a tape measure out or some loser giving you the fine.
Speaker 4: Fit, they've got nothing better than that, especially if they've got a quota. Now they know that you're in your own driveway and they just come over to your house every day.
Speaker 2: I'd be if I was if I was a warden, I'd just be driving around constantly, just waiting for you.
Speaker 3: To come home. There we go, I can knock off.
Speaker 2: Thirty now Alex's back in this driveway. Alex, what's the fine?
Speaker 10: I think it's a ninety seven dollars?
Speaker 2: Do you know what they round out to? One hundred dollars and extra three dollars on us. No, we've got that, thank you very much. Just take one more, Chelsea.
Speaker 10: Good morning, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Chelsea. Hope you were this morning? If you go?
Speaker 9: So I received a fine one hundred and sixty one dollars because my son psychologists decided to keep the appointment and keep chatting to us. So we were five minutes late to get back to the car.
Speaker 14: Ended.
Speaker 9: Come on, I wasn't aware that it had turned into a Cleeways.
Speaker 10: I feel sorry sorted to turn into.
Speaker 9: A Leeways vone at four thirty, but it had at four and his appointment was due to finish.
Speaker 16: At three fifty.
Speaker 9: So, good old child psychologists, which cost one hundred and ninety This is hundred and fifty one dollars child psychologists.
Speaker 2: These psychologists now letting children do that, that's crazy. There opposite some ten year old telling what's wrong with me?
Speaker 3: Cheek of these kids? Are they getting younger? He starts the police for next he's.
Speaker 2: Got the young Sigmund Freud. They're a ten year old. Tell me what's wrong with his notepad?
Speaker 3: Out?
Speaker 12: How much is to find one hundred and sixty one dollars?
Speaker 4: That's on us, And I imagine the psychologists also build you for that extra five minutes as well.
Speaker 2: So how much do we aid you for that? The psychologist's got a meter as well. Rob By the couch, you're got to keep putting coins in, Okay, this is also I hope your kids, okay, and I hope it's going on as well. But we will pay that for your Chelsea.
Speaker 9: All right, lovely, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, have a top weekend, all right, give us a call. What how much have we spent so far? I keep giving all this money, okay, Robin Hood here.
Speaker 4: Hundred eighty one, then two hundred and eighty one plus sixty one. Terrible at two forty two, we've spent so.
Speaker 2: Not even I could see one hundred and sixty one plus one hundreds and two hundred and sixty one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what did I say?
Speaker 4: Plus three three forty two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kid and going to the boss's stop. Ninety four one four one o four three? What's your fine?
Speaker 4: Just getting out my phone calculator.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three by finding wish you well.
Speaker 2: Carlyn Northkill wanted here that this morning on Gold one oh four point three. All request every Friday with us, It's a Christian O'Connell breakfast show. We've got time to squeeze here one more person trying to get a fine paid off bus on Friday Friday, Nick and producers actually had a text from someone who works here going have you spoken.
Speaker 3: To legal about.
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 2: Gives me tracked into a meeting after today show when you and I are long gone Marie, good morning, Yeah, Hi, how are you bready go?
Speaker 4: Marie?
Speaker 3: What's your fine? What do you need paying off?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 15: The council send me some paperwork to register a cat as living at my premises, and I just ignored the place for work.
Speaker 3: I got it, yeah, and then I got a cat overlord? Is it your cat?
Speaker 4: Marie?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 10: It was well, what do you mean it was cat?
Speaker 15: Well, a few years ago there was a cat living at my premises, but it died, so that's why ignored the paperwork.
Speaker 4: Surely you can get out of that if the cat's deceased.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean, can you take a picture of its grave or some of that?
Speaker 14: Girl?
Speaker 15: I was, yeah, I was thinking of doing that, but I thought, you know, how far can I take this? So I thought, if I ignore the paperwork, it's.
Speaker 22: Going to go to court.
Speaker 15: Maybe I'll end up in prison over not registering.
Speaker 22: A dead cat.
Speaker 2: But if the cat's dead, how can they get you to pay for it? Because I've got a dog and I've actually get a permit for that. I'm worried now have I still got to pay for that dog when it dies in the afterlife?
Speaker 1: If you live in Stonnington County, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, you're probably.
Speaker 3: Too young Jack to remember this song.
Speaker 4: I don't know I've ever heard it before from.
Speaker 2: Legendary music movies that don was was not was what the Dinosaur some Maybe if you were born at the same time as me, sort of raised in the eighties, you might remember. I'm sure the video for that might have had Kim Bassenger big in the time walking a dinosaur. Te't know if anyone can let me know whether I just loose to that as a teenage boy, Kim Bassenger was.
Speaker 6: I think that might have been a dream.
Speaker 2: Kim Bassenger was never far from my thoughts, So I don't know if it was a thing I had about t rexes and Kim Bassenger.
Speaker 4: Anyway, would probably even mean walking a dinosaur.
Speaker 3: Oh, no idea.
Speaker 2: It was the eighties, nineties, all kinds of stuff going on, all right, So so a request today, Christian, good morning to you, Jack and Pats.
Speaker 3: Please can you tell you lovely news Pats to day? No, no, no, it's it's all cool. Just update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think they're about the ten k there will be work day ten dollars, because I can't have Fox.
Speaker 3: Going around saying this.
Speaker 2: Former riches cash contest, we've just upped them by ten dollars. Your move, Fox, Nicole money, Nika, welcome to find a Friday.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, now, what's your fine? Nicole?
Speaker 22: So every year you get to three hard rubbish collections at your property, and i'd actually called the council to arrange a collection, and so we booked it in and when everything thought, everything was fine, and the rubbish stayed on my nature streets for over a month, I called the council and they said that there was no notes or any booking appointments or anything that were made. That's the resulting in me getting a sign of two hundred and forty nine dollars and eighty cents.
Speaker 2: So you call them, you say I need to help with this, You do the right thing, and then you get fined for that. For Levia, they're telling to leave it on the front yelp.
Speaker 22: I think over like a fourteen days period there was like maybe five or six phone calls and I'm just like, what's going on, Guys, come pick my rubbish s lf.
Speaker 13: Like it's an I saw.
Speaker 4: So is this on your lawn, Nicola? Is this on the nature trip?
Speaker 22: On the nature strips right out the front of my house.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you could get fine for having hard rubbish on the natures trip.
Speaker 22: Well apparently if you don't have a collection booked you can.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm renovating my house at the moment. Stuff out the front, well, people just dump dumping stuff out the front of our house because it looks like it's a mess out the front. There's the front yard, and now people are dumping their own hard rubbish on our natures.
Speaker 3: Because I need some dumping actually, so I just swing by yours and just drop it.
Speaker 4: Out the car, drive by one of those gum tree sofas that you don't want anybuy.
Speaker 22: No, that's the thing. As soon as people see rubbish, like oh sweet, put our stuff, they're no worries.
Speaker 2: So that has I've noticed those over the last couple of weeks to col Then she drive around, I see stuff like a couch are so far just out in the front of someone's house.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, well that's what they do.
Speaker 22: They just you know, it's too hard to get rid of themselves, so they just call supposedly call the countsel like what I did, and a ranger collection and it never happens. And then you know, the revenue kicks you in the butt.
Speaker 2: Basically, right, Okay with Nicole, So you said it was run about two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: We can now we're getting to the upper limit. Can we pay the whole thing? I'll do it, yes a little bit, just.
Speaker 2: Say yes, Nicole will pay the whole thingy dollars we're paying off.
Speaker 10: Okay, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: Hey, we pay the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I want to keep some for us for beer money.
Speaker 22: No, Jack, I'll send you some beer at Fige.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it, okay, Nicole, you know Nicle, all right, I have a lovely weekend. But we are paying the whole thing, all right, we're doing pay the two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 22: Yeah, great, thank you?
Speaker 3: How much have we actually done that?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: Three? If we're not paying any of the cat lady.
Speaker 2: Tell me this right if the boss is said to you, she said to me today when I said I want to do this, she said, you can have a couple of hundred bucks.
Speaker 14: What do you that is?
Speaker 4: Well, we're getting close to six six hundred and ninety something, aren't we, Yeah, I can hundred is it?
Speaker 3: That's not that's an one's idea of a couple of hundreds.
Speaker 4: Now we're going to have to be paying something out of our own pop.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: In excess, I said the message, Come on, it's a Christian O'Connor breakfast Show, Gold one a four point three. Got more brilliant songs picked by you, darge on the next hour of the show. So just a quick update on Gold one I four point three's ten k no repeat work Day coming this morning.
Speaker 3: You be guys got another radio station on. It's a little tiny station here called Fox. Think. They're like new and it's like a volunteers thing, and it's.
Speaker 2: Lovely to hear what they're doing already. Once they know what they're doing, who knows where they go, But anyway.
Speaker 3: I hear them play this Melbourne's Richest.
Speaker 2: Melbourne's Richest Cash Contest. Because they're given away ten k. We also are giving away ten k or ten k now repeat workday? Who is giving away Melbourne's Richest Cash Contest? Well now, because I've dipped into my own money added to this, we are now number one in terms of the cash give aways.
Speaker 3: Because are you kidding me?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 20: Yes, Gold four point three ten thousand and ten dollars on me.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Riches now playing on Gold four point three, Your Move Fox.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, All Request Friday, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, it's four minutes past nine.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connor here on God won oh four point three me and jackiere for another hour playing out your songs, and then Jack's doing something after the show.
Speaker 3: We need to speak to them about were you true what you said to me? Was that just a joke?
Speaker 4: That true?
Speaker 3: Okay? We do need to other chat before you head off to that anyway, Right now, we need to get Jenny on. Come on in, Jenny?
Speaker 4: Do we ring out the request?
Speaker 3: Now? A new thing is this?
Speaker 14: Jenny?
Speaker 3: Am I calling Jenny? What aboutually calling her?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: She's put me on hold?
Speaker 4: No one?
Speaker 3: But yeah, so what happened there?
Speaker 2: She put us on She's obviously got a busy job and Widge in the news and yeah, yeah, that's playing it casual.
Speaker 3: What she got like Fox on the other line?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's a requesting songs all over the die was I just got gold?
Speaker 2: Can you play my song today? Jenny's back? Yeah, Melbourne's most important listener.
Speaker 10: Hey, Jenny Christian, how are you?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Very good? But you put me on hold?
Speaker 8: Oh I thought you put me on hold.
Speaker 3: Never do that to a listener.
Speaker 2: Golden rule for me, never ever put a listener in the corner, and never put a listener on hold. No, all right, Jenny, what we're going to play for you to kick start a last hour this morning on.
Speaker 8: The show, Kristin, you're going to play boom boom boom. Let's go back to my room.
Speaker 2: Now, this is not the normal song that we play. But then we said, if we're going to go all requests, these aren't going to be fake requests. There should be songs that actually genuinely you want to hear. And now why do you want me to play this? Do you like this song where you just want to see how far you can push me?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes, Look you used to get us on the floor and the disco in nineteen eighty seven. Yep, my girlfriends and I used to have a real laugh. So it's a fun song and it's out there and I didn't think you'd play it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, Jenny, we're going to stick it on for you now. Okay, enjoy this and have a top weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks you again, all right, Scott, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: It's Gold one oh four point three, seven minutes past nine Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Christian o'connall Breakfast Show, All Request Friday, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Oh that was a walk of life Dive straight Claire in somebody wanted to hear that? In Gold one oh four point three the Christian O'Connor breakfast show.
Speaker 3: Are all requests? Friday before that? Who who are for? Down in mill Park?
Speaker 2: So yesterday evening you sent me a text and before we go any further, is that really what you're doing after the show? Because I couldn't work out with you are winding me up.
Speaker 4: I'm really going straight after this.
Speaker 3: Have you ever done it?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Jack sends me a text yesterday evening saying, hey, dude, you ever had a pedicule? Come for one after the show?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: A pedicure? Is that not your feet?
Speaker 4: It's your feet?
Speaker 3: Yep, because a manicure.
Speaker 2: Never had one of those either, but often thought, yeah, but that'd be quite nice to do, but can't be bothered really to sit there and get that done.
Speaker 3: But a pedicure, it's.
Speaker 4: The foot bath.
Speaker 3: And then why are you doing that?
Speaker 4: One of Byank's birthday wishes she said, come to I want you to come to do a pedicure with me.
Speaker 2: Does she just mean for her birthday that she gets one and you come along and then you go out after so lunch or.
Speaker 4: Something she wants to sit side by side in the chairs, hand in hand, but some would.
Speaker 2: Poor person's got to sort out your feet today, file them down with sander or something.
Speaker 3: You know that scene in Dumb and Double.
Speaker 4: I don't know yet. I still haven't seen Dumb and dummerun still in the Would that be a nice day out for you and your husband?
Speaker 6: Chris has done that for me before. But a word of warning, be very careful with those when we're in Vegas. I got one of those and picked up a very nasty fungal in fiction.
Speaker 2: If there's two words I never want to hear on the radio, fungling infection.
Speaker 3: We don't want fungal chat in the morning.
Speaker 6: Well you got it from the football yep in Vegas, Scott Home and my ties. I'm not kidding. I hope people aren't eating with Grannie Smith apple green.
Speaker 4: That's what happens in Vegas, stays in.
Speaker 2: And also, you're not the first person to leave Vegas with a fungal infection.
Speaker 3: That is rough.
Speaker 2: It was gross, but I'm sure this isn't going to happen to the place that you're taking.
Speaker 4: I thought it was meant to tidy have your feet rather than leave.
Speaker 3: You with yes. So how do you feel about having it done?
Speaker 4: I feel insecure, yeah, I mean I would be. I don't want to. I don't, especially if it's one with open windows under the street, but they all do.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they bothered should be kept behind closed doors. I don't want to see strangers feet getting dealt with. Yeah, washing Christ's feet or something, stick it away behind closed doors. I don't get about your monkey, old horrible hoofs on it and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Stay of some women's feet.
Speaker 2: It's a love of those big old bunyons where it looks like someone's taking a hammer.
Speaker 3: To their big toe.
Speaker 4: Exciting for you guys though, Monday morning, six am, I'll present Manu fet.
Speaker 3: No no, I tell you what you are not doing that. I don't want to see you guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm going to have a dreadful time right when it gets to summer because I know you all just walk around in thongs all the time. I bet there be dudes in business suits wearing thongs and that you know in the UK, I don't want to see. I've grown up where feet, men's feet are kept a weigh in a closed shoe I'll go to a very very tough summer here.
Speaker 4: I do do thongs in jeans which a lot of people look down on. By day.
Speaker 3: This is Jack Johnson. That look is over. That's what killed his career. Leave it, Leave it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Friday morning on God one of four point three. Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. So I'm coming in this morning, as always was, I try and get a car. I'm still using Uber to come to work. And let me tell you now, Jack, that is how showbiz gets to work.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: I'm tearing through the streets before the show thinking that, you know, I've won Melbourne a camera today and the backseat crammed in of a Toyota can.
Speaker 3: That is how to arrive at your radio station, isn't it.
Speaker 4: And we never found out that car that you were meant to be driving if you could trade it in from the gray model to the white model because your family hated the car.
Speaker 3: No, it's not been They didn't do it.
Speaker 4: But didn't Toyota have a meeting about whether you could take it back?
Speaker 2: They had the actual Toyota Australia met about this. Then Toyota Victoria had another meeting about this. Then some marketing manager. And I'm afraid my wife is stup with the white one with the g so the gray one, we've not got that. She's not got the white one.
Speaker 3: I have said, it doesn't really matter. You drive around in the kid in the car.
Speaker 4: Why don't you drive to work?
Speaker 3: Because what am I going to say?
Speaker 14: Then?
Speaker 3: For the kids? You get an uber? I need this to travel, I need to go to school and yeah, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: Happens when you're a parent. You can't be selfish, Jack, just look after yourself. So anyway, I'm coming in this morning. The guy's got fox on and I hear this.
Speaker 5: Contest.
Speaker 2: Not so, my friends, you give it exactly the same amount as US ten thousand. Okay, we're doing ten thousand and ten k no repeat workday. If you hear us playing the same song tw answer between now and six o'clock, you can join and cord it and when ten k.
Speaker 3: So I've heard this and I'm thinking, what it's exactly the same as ours.
Speaker 2: Therefore is not the city's richest cash giveaway ours?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Is I've dipped into my own back pocket. I've chucked in another ten dollars. We are now giving you the most money away.
Speaker 8: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 20: Yes, yes, Gold four point three, ten thousand and ten dollars no repeat.
Speaker 3: It's on me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 20: It's richest contest now playing on Gold four point three.
Speaker 3: Eat it Fox.
Speaker 4: Why does our voiceover guy sound like he's an announcer for the w W E.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: Yeah alrighty, So we are back Monday morning. We'll find a Friday. We'll find out after today's shows when we see the boss who knows. I'm hoping it comes back next Friday.
Speaker 4: Well, you already added more money to the ten k no repeat workday. Now you gave away more money than we were allocated for the fine day.
Speaker 3: We had one thousand on a bar bill this week as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not even sure if we're in Monday, they might tell us to come back Thursday and just take it out of our wages, So don't work Monday.
Speaker 3: You'd be happy with that, actually, with you, I would be.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be happy with them taking the money out of my wages.
Speaker 3: All right, but not working Monday Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, I'd love to sleeping five days. Well, when are we doing that? Remember a listener mooded that idea that I would.
Speaker 2: Stay, you'd actually forget about that. Fine, okay, we're going to look at through that next week. Thank you very much for listening to the shows this week, all your songs today as well. We are back Monday morning. When you wake up whatever to have a top weekend title of today's show is the ten It's not the ten K No Repeat work Day, It's now the ten thousand and ten.
Speaker 3: K no Repeat Work Day. There you go, see you Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Hugy's coming up next, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three