Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast of the weekend. We moved our nineteen year old daughter had a campus at university where she's been living away for the first time this year back home little bit reluctant. Did feel like bounty hunters bringing her back in apprehended. And Saturday lunchtime we all had a family lunch together. Okay, and we're all getting on there. The sun's out, it's great, the family's back. I'm feeling happy. And then Ruby, my nineteen year old, go, is there's something I need to tell your mum. And I've been worried about this for a couple of weeks. And my wife immediately goes pregnant and I went, maybe maybe it's okay to think that. She goes, do you think that? Went yeah, but I'm want blutting it out. Let's not go to that, let's not escalate the situation. But inside I'm actually just tensing up, going bracing for impact. But I can see she's smiling as we can't be drastic news. And then her younger sister goes, I know what it is, and she's widely going to kick her out, and went kick you out. I said, you know, whatever's happened. You're not being kicked out, what has happened? And then she rolls up a sleeve there's a new tattoo. Of course I'm like, oh my, he is a tattoo. Okay. Second, my wife just goes, oh thank god. I thought she's still pregnant. So it's when they were very very young, right, they had They were very very close. They still are now, but it changed everything when you know one's moved out now and it's it's changed their relationship, but they miss each other massively. But anyway, when they were really really young, they still love watching this movie. It's an animated movie. There's a whole studio called Studio Ghibli which make these beautiful movies like How's Moving carst So if you've got kids, get them to watch it. They're magical movies. They're like spellbinding. I used to have like trippy experiences sitting there watching them, going don't fully understand why this is so moving. Anyway, there was one called Ponto and Ponio is this goldfish who's a princess that as soon as I saw the tattoo was like, Ponyo, I haven't seen Ponyo. Well, since you're about eight, you're nineteen and a half and Ponto has been tattooed permanently on your elbow. So yep, she got a Ponio tattoo. So sort of she wanted it was a message to her sister that you're still with me. So and obviously when she says that, you know I'm not, I'm getting tearful. I'm going, my god, that's sound having my wife is like looking at me like, that's so good. We said no more tattoos until she was twenty five. It's Ponto and it's okay to have an inkd on Chris pregnant Ponyo?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it a message? How long did you have?
Speaker 4: Many weeks or months?
Speaker 3: If she has she had it for without telling mom and dad four weeks.
Speaker 2: And I was tracking back because I remember I saw her write and it's a very hot down. I kept saying, why take the jump off? She was going, oh, it's just terrified. You kept saying take the jump off and go it's so hot. What is it a student thing that you have a big old heavy jump on Pono under there waiting to see you. So this morning on the show, then secrets you tried to keep from your parents? The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Look if you're secrets you tried to hide from your parents nine four one four one oh four three and the email Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au if you do the time waste for every morning as well, you can email in today as well. We will accept submissions in this extreme situation as Australia becomes like the last of us? How are we surlive?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Luise?
Speaker 2: What was the secret you try to hide from Mum and Dad?
Speaker 1: Morning? Team?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 1: Is my older sister? We found a mouse in the laundroom and she decided she was going to keep it as a pit, so she went and hit it in one of Dad's big outdoor in the paddic gum boots. And after about an hour and a half of begging and bargaining with me of i'll let you play with this toy, I'll let you play with that toy, or I'll give you this, I'll give you that, I caved and told Mum that there was a gross little mouse in the.
Speaker 2: Gum Oh snitches get stitches.
Speaker 1: Well live you siblings, of course.
Speaker 3: Wow we do you remember all that bartering used to do when you had something over or they had something over you. Wow, we talk about the art of the deal, all that sort of trading that used.
Speaker 1: To go on.
Speaker 2: And you're right, I let you play with this. You can have my bike.
Speaker 1: Oh you never let me go on. She remembers it to this stay.
Speaker 2: Of course, don't tell them, don't even saying it.
Speaker 1: On the show.
Speaker 2: We should also talk about pets you were trying to keep secret as well, rats and rodents and stuff like that. Luise, thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good day, Felicity. Hi Hei guys, Yeah, welcome to the show for the sta What was the secret you tried to hide from your parents?
Speaker 4: Okay, Mike was kept for sixteen years. My brother and I we used to have a little table and cheese in our dream. We shared a bedroom and we told my mom that I tripped over that and put a hole in my leg, actually cracked my leg, but we did it. We were jumping from our wardrobe onto our single bed, had a little bar underneath. Smack under that.
Speaker 2: And what you made a pact to never speak of what really happened.
Speaker 4: That's right, we were too scared. So on my twenty first my brother and I were talking about it and we were just laughing, we should tell mom the truth. And yes, Mum was shocked.
Speaker 2: She did not know you're kidding. She must have known you were jumping from the top of the wardrope down there.
Speaker 4: You know, idea that that's well. She probably knew that we used to do that, but she had no idea that that's how I did my leg. So and so to this day, and I'm now a fifty year old with a nice five cent hole in my shin.
Speaker 2: It's a momento from your childhood, isn't it. You know, it's a little it's like a little souvenir. Also, as a kid, just out of time, you could just wait, blissful time, jumping from one thing to the other, just leaping in your mind. You're not Indiana Jones
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast