Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Jack, Come morning guys, Come on, Patsy morning. So Jack, this time yesterday in the show, you were working out whether or not to take your almost two year old son to Hillsville to see the animals there.
Speaker 3: We did the drive yesterday afternoon, hot day. It's a great place. They're doing a great job. They're all about conservation up there at Hillsfield Century.
Speaker 2: They're looking after the someone's coming in straight with the someone's softening us up here, Patsy.
Speaker 3: The only problem is when you go afternoon where it's really sunny, the sun's beating down on you. All the animals.
Speaker 2: Why do we hear in, Patsy, But they have a lunch break, the animals.
Speaker 3: They're all hiding in the shade. Yeah, no, good on them.
Speaker 2: They got to them. Shout out to mammals.
Speaker 3: They have to do what's right for them.
Speaker 2: They do. Yeah, but that's not what you said yesterday. Just give them a nudge with that stick. Chuck a banana the other side by us.
Speaker 3: So it was it was sunny, it was a hot day. They were hiding away. I could see them with biegle eyes. But Gordy with his two he couldn't really see them. We saw. What he was getting more excited about was the statues of like the emu or the kangaroo that they put me in.
Speaker 4: This wasn't a total loss.
Speaker 3: Then, No, No, he had a lot of fun. The sad thing about what Hillsfield does and it's all native animals. So kangaroo's callers. Because my son, what do you want?
Speaker 2: Chuck in a Chinese pan or something? It kill you out here, guys, I mean, open this up. It's an Atlas peck a roundo in country here. We've landed on Venezuela. Go get something for my son here.
Speaker 3: You've never met a boy who loves cows more than my son. He's talking about cows all the time we're doing it.
Speaker 2: So what is it? What does it come from? Is he watching someone on TV?
Speaker 3: Yes? YouTube?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: After this, let me find this terrible song that's about five fat cows and we watch it every single day.
Speaker 2: Do you find of interesting? How they just they have these obsessions kids at a very young Where does that come from? You're not farmers or anything.
Speaker 3: Yes, If we accidentally leave the TV remote in a place that he can reach. He'll grab the remote, come to us and say, five cows. Five cows.
Speaker 2: My god, it's so cute.
Speaker 3: So he's having a cow then birthday in a couple of weeks time. He loves cows. I was trying to get him excited for kangaroos koalas yesterday, but all he wanted to see was cows. God, do you want to see the kangaroos?
Speaker 6: Cow?
Speaker 3: What about koalas?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: What about kangaroos?
Speaker 8: How just a cow?
Speaker 2: Do you know? I can always feel the warm breath on my ear, you know whether that age there? They're sweaty, aren't they clammy? Especially in the afternoon. They need their little doze afterwaters. Did he doze all the way out there?
Speaker 3: He was perfect because he slept on the way out. Long drive out there, but it means he had the energy when we got there. But he just animal after animal. He wasn't really seeing what he wanted to say.
Speaker 2: It's not budget.
Speaker 3: What do you want to see next?
Speaker 7: Caw?
Speaker 3: I don't think they have cowns here? Yeah, they don't have disappointment. That's a tree kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Now. I had to listen to the full audio and there's some other bitsiness where he really loses his head, doesn't he Have you heard this.
Speaker 3: Since you're here? I can't. I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: You must you must have just let it go. This is unbelievable parts.
Speaker 3: What do you want to see next? I don't think I have counts here? What about koalas? Now it's a tree, kangaroo?
Speaker 8: Just a cow?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Where does he get it? When you got to blame somebody? Wow? We young God, you take it. He loves those cows, okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: In the movie Dumb and Dum, there's a bit where he says, do you want to hear the most irritating sound in the world? Right? Do you want to hear those irritating songs in the world. You're not going to thank us for this. This will be an earworm? Jack? Is this this cow song?
Speaker 3: This is god? He's go to YouTube video. So you're you're only going to hear this once. By the way, so if you're annoyed, now imagine hearing this every single day. This is five cows, five as.
Speaker 1: Cat jumping on the peg.
Speaker 9: One them of can slums head mamad doctor U. This can break a soul jumping on the bes?
Speaker 2: Is this in the CAI wants to hear this as well, not just in the house, everywhere, every word twenty four hour, those those counts and again because they just go again, don't they again?
Speaker 9: One them of can slump is head. Mamma.
Speaker 2: This is exactly the same as twelve monkeys jumping on the bed. It's a rip off because the doctor gets called up.
Speaker 3: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Because chimps monkeys jumping on the bed. And now they just moved the cows on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you thought the monkeys was bad. The cows.
Speaker 2: Are big animals. Patsy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 10: I have this thing that is driving my family crazy. They call me the t towel Nazi because when I got home yesterday, not one but five tea towels were like, very roughly scrambled around the hook that they gone at home on at the front of the stove. I think a max of two is sufficient when you hang allowed one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and Sarah's been away for a couple days. She came back yesterday and she was chatting and I could see her eyes went to the kitchen surface and she went three tetails and the place was spotless. I'd mocked, I'd hoove it. It was spotless, right, it doesn't matter. I'd like to have an.
Speaker 3: Abundance of teatails to get a new fresheat. You see, you see the one that's dangling there. It's like.
Speaker 2: Tomato and tomatos on that stool. You know, I don't like that.
Speaker 4: We'll put it in the laundry and put a fresh waist, wasting all that water.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, and then it has to neatly be folded over on the back of itself.
Speaker 2: Does it matter?
Speaker 10: No, It matters a lot because your eyes go directly there, and an untidy and dirty kitchen means yucky food.
Speaker 2: We have disagreement, right, my wife says Chris. All I need to know is that my mental clarity is linked to the kitchen surfaces. So if it's all clean and there's no mess on there, I can be okay in my mind. Sometimes we're here, my wife outside the car and go get get the clothes. There's a spend somewhere. Get that bar keeper's friend doesn't expect it's not a budget. We need to clean this or she's coming, your mom's coming. Then are you seem more scared than we are. She can't ground.
Speaker 3: You you're fifty, or she would hate the mental clarity of our place.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 10: And they're like rumbled like some sort of like they've been rolling around on the ground.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous. One maximum two. If you need more than to.
Speaker 2: Than you have a place where they hung. You haven't got those old ladies sort of things where you poke in the corner.
Speaker 11: You know what.
Speaker 10: It actually goes across our all life wall oven has a rack and that's that's where they go. One maximum two if you need more something, how.
Speaker 2: Would you react to this? There? When the teatawels have been dried. Now I can't I can't see the point in folding them up, shove them in the drawer with because you're going to get it and they're going to be scrunched.
Speaker 3: Going to be used anywhere.
Speaker 2: To have them in a handy, pre scrunched, deconstructed format, now it doesn't mean that draw opens. It's like a jack in the box. They always come out. But they were like, hey, e use me, pick me no, pick me cheef.
Speaker 4: That would do my head in. I couldn't cope with that. How do you get the draw closed.
Speaker 2: Kick it. Yeah, they're screening as well, and there's always like a hand and get in there, guys.
Speaker 3: But the good thing is then when you open it, it's like a toaster going on. There.
Speaker 2: You go try it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, good morning, Josh. Here, thanks again. That bloody cow song stuck in my head. Now work just what I need to this early. You're welcome, Josh, Christian, I asked Jacks as Gordon discovered the YouTube channel little baby bum They have about fifty thousand different versions of Wills on the bus fourteen.
Speaker 3: I recognize these characters. Yeah, these bubbleheaded little kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, he says Christian. I got fifty thousand different versions of wheels on the bus fourteen, nine thousand of which are singing about something the bus happens to be passing. We need to get some of this. My daughter listens to this for a long time. Irony is crawel ironies. I drive buses for a living. They have to come home and sing a bloody song about great Thank you very much for your email mote. All right, we need your help this morning. This is a game actually that was kind of started by you. Guys, yesterday we're talking about this two thousand and two beautiful beloved Holden commodore we're having renovated at the moment, and then you can find out net on today's show how we're actually going to be giving this way. It's going to look amazing A golden a golden Holden from two thousand and two. It is in quite an ungolden state at the moment, needs about twenty to thirty thousand donor's worth of work done to it. But anyway, that's all being taken care of behind the scenes, so I know behind the curtain you don't need to worry about it. We need, though, for a beautiful car like this, it should have an amazing red show. That's like a great piece of artwork. It has the title underneath, doesn't it the credits? It needs to have that right. Yesterday we were trying lots of different sort of mixers on the six letters that you can get, but we can't get what we want at the moment, golden holed, and we can't. We tried various ways to crunch it. A lot of the.
Speaker 3: Popular ones are taken. But I'm on the site right now. I can kie him in and instantly we can know if it's available.
Speaker 2: Nata's emailed us Christ and I heard about Jack andmbants yesterday on the show talking about how much money there is in buying and trading red Sho's. Yeah, do you talk about the number one is ten million, ten million dollars. My dad went through a phase of and we now go to inverted commerce, investing in personalized number plates, thinking he would get a good returning years to come, Blood fl zm ZM are just a few that I vaguely recall.
Speaker 3: It's not really the number one.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and two, I turned eighteen and got my first car, and he'd got me and he had in me as a present, boy toy plates.
Speaker 12: We've got a photo that's so bad awful the boy spelled b O.
Speaker 2: I t o. This is not becoming of a father. I no DABT should ever judge, but I judge you father. That is bad Nat. That is shocking boy toy who could do that? Anyway? I refuse to put on my Suzuki Sierra. Nat, thank you very much your email. Okay, Jackie boy, what about I won it? I won it? That's a great one.
Speaker 3: Not available?
Speaker 2: Okay, Christian What about this has come from Nick goat l D combination of goat and gold. I don't know. It's easier. Sometimes it's a surrender.
Speaker 3: It's available because in front of me it looks like goat load.
Speaker 2: What about boy toy?
Speaker 3: We get that boy unavailable?
Speaker 2: Let's just get by toy from that status. He still got this nat my one oh four three bit but available. Go go l D like the go go mobile advert.
Speaker 12: Unavailable g l D one oh four available.
Speaker 2: It's too confusing. You've glanced at that, you think it's Queensland. What about gold for you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like that, like that. That's good. But it's good the available if you're a jeweler, if you're a juna, why have you got that? What about g l D w n R. Put it all together? What have you got? Gold winner? Called to marry Anne? Brackets or are available? I've checked research. Here is live, he's the.
Speaker 3: Available.
Speaker 2: I'm going from erin g l D one oh four. We started yesterday. But thanks for taking Carlin brighter.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Lots of you trying to let us know what various combinations we could do for our golden holden. The one of you is going to win. It's been restored at the moment from two thousand and two. We're going to totally make this car a two thousands car. We've got the crook Lot, We've got the fluffyed ice, Lambs will steering. Weat cover five CD multi changer in the boot ken Wood, Christian, what about Golden one g O l D one Golden One, thank you Xavier.
Speaker 3: Xavier not available?
Speaker 2: Ah, this was a group from Ross Freebie like that. That is funny, Big reactions studio there Ross not available, Ah, Christian. If Jackson Gordon loves counsel much. There's a great freshwater creek near Geelong called Roaming Ranch. They have cows and baby cows. Jack's able to pay and possibly get gooded to sit on them.
Speaker 3: What we need people send us to a farm that forget the name of on the way to Philip Island. The problem was these all brown cows. He needs the crowd he needs and white.
Speaker 2: I believe are those Freezians.
Speaker 4: I think they are Freezings Freezians. I think what about Collingwood Children's farm? He can actually milk a cow?
Speaker 2: There you can milk a care you.
Speaker 4: Can milk a cow.
Speaker 2: Wow, there we go right on door step. But it is Colinwood. Christian. I've got some another plays for you. I have no idea whether available. Don't worry, Jack will do that for you. Daniel, what about these golden what is it? G H? Well it's g and then holden golden go holdenable. He's put in here brackets a bit obvious, and then he's got this one. His word's not mine. This one is a cunning play on the periodic table with the au being gold, so G A U D E and it getting still on this theme of Gordon.
Speaker 3: It does look like ali golden fans. That is available, though, if we want to go clever.
Speaker 2: Christian, what about money pit n N Y P I T. That is funny from Mark Brooks. Not available? That should have been the one of the those great Christian I was catching up with yesterday show on the podcast how are you looking for personalized red shoe's for this? Hold? And what about f M one O four three where the O is the letter on a gold background, apparently saying it's available Jack.
Speaker 3: This not available in Victoria. I don't know where he's looking that at Look. I mean I can see a picture of it, but.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you're getting the O combination right? Zero?
Speaker 3: Look that's with a zero. This combo is unavailable?
Speaker 2: About no? I think he meant to know it's to try FM again, an oscar.
Speaker 3: I'm an idiot available.
Speaker 2: This could be the one with the gold finish. I like it. Yeah, Contender content got some more. We have a new twenty four hour phone number where you can just leave a message whenever you want during the show, during the day and evening. Thirteen hundred cool oc got someone's hair That wire coming overnight? Thank you very much. Everyone has been doing these as well. There are loads of them. Let's have listen to this one.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian and team.
Speaker 1: How about g l d N FM. So a bit of Golden FM if.
Speaker 3: You will, don't mind if we do available?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Contenders far with FM? Oh wellow four point three? What about this good money?
Speaker 13: I have a registration idea gold Digger.
Speaker 14: Not sure runs the configuration or work on it and maybe touch base again later?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Bye, She's she leaves another one.
Speaker 7: Hey, Hey it's Megan.
Speaker 14: I've got another idea love gold LUVGLD. I think I prefer this one. Let me know what you think.
Speaker 2: I love this. Thank you very much. We're always just workshopping on the show.
Speaker 3: Love Gold is available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about gold Digger g LD.
Speaker 12: Maybe dgr dgr is not available?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for your brains this morning. Trying to work out what the personalized regio should be for our Golden Hold and the Commodore from two thousand and two that are having restored at the moment, and that should be in capital for that word. You're talking about twenty to thirty thousand dollars worth of when is it actually just becoming a complete rebuilder, not a restoration. Restoration sort of means a light dusting off, doesn't it. This is so much like respray. It's going to look amazing when you win this over the next week or so. But we need for such a car that's going to look amazing, it needs a great red Joe as well. It's just like the cherry on top of the cake. John. Hello, Hello, John, and John what hello mate, Welcome to the show. And what do you think the red Joe should be? John?
Speaker 15: I was cruising over a few of the things and everyone was sort of combining the gold and the holding and everything like that, and I just sort of thought, well, maybe we should just keep a simple and have Brecky with a double K.
Speaker 2: It's memorable, isn't it. You look at it. It would turn head seeing it. Then they see the cards. But it's actually a very good idea.
Speaker 3: Brecky Brecky not available with the double K.
Speaker 15: I was thinking maybe they had the option of c K for Brecky.
Speaker 7: B A c K.
Speaker 2: Then he might think it's one of these hybrid Australian names for women, you know, and it's Rebecca and Becky.
Speaker 3: It's nice to meet you, Becky. No Brecky is available b R E A K y.
Speaker 2: What about b R E K.
Speaker 3: I complicated available though?
Speaker 2: See there you go. No one's got that one. John nice thinking, Thank you very much. It's going to Rachel.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rachel, Good morning guys. How are we We're going.
Speaker 2: To have your well as well, Rachel? What do you reckon? What should we put on the red Joe.
Speaker 7: Oh, I was thinking of putting a different spin on it and having your initials so c JP and then one O.
Speaker 1: Four to cryptic.
Speaker 2: I'm confused, who is c JP?
Speaker 3: Is that Christian Jack.
Speaker 2: Listen. If we don't get it now on the road, I'm not sure, but I like the thinking and.
Speaker 3: Not available, It's gone c J one four.
Speaker 2: Right, bizarre, Rachel, thank you, thank you, Rachel.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tamira, Tamika, Tamika, Tamira to you are Yes, good morning, welcome, good morning, good morning, Tamika. Yes, lovely. And what should the regio be?
Speaker 16: I suggested golden for golden obviously, but then from holden golden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, golden, No one of the literally the first one. I tried, Yeah, that's gone.
Speaker 2: He's had enough his fingers with her now he said, yeah, we had yesterday team waste. Even using this service, we got more of the name, to be honest, and the payoff wasn't worth it. Who we got here? Cheryl?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: Are you going?
Speaker 2: Hello? Cheryl? Morning? Cheryl? All right, Reggo, what are your thoughts? What six letters should we have?
Speaker 7: Okay? My husband was actually a DJ and radio and he actually has plated with gold FM, and I believe they are yellow posted my sister and she said they yellow, we gold, and I'm wondering if you would like to have them for two hundred and fifty dollars for the car, but.
Speaker 2: In say would you like to have them? And then they chuck in them. They were not.
Speaker 7: Having FARSI I mean my husband's legacy. You know, he was dec from me. Are there him? When I was twenty one, he was thirty two and I was living thirty five years and he actually had them on his car?
Speaker 2: Oh did he?
Speaker 7: And they've got gold FM moment?
Speaker 2: So how come that gold FM? Did he work for another radio station?
Speaker 7: He worked for radio. He actually did his radio training in the nineteen seventies in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he went on three.
Speaker 7: AW and he worked for a couple of other stations as well. His name was Colin and his name was Colin Kellerman. And yeah, I don't want to cry. It was my friend.
Speaker 4: That's a beautiful legacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then why do you want to part with the plane? So it's obviously a big part of what he loves to do radio?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well it was because like he was the best thing in my life that it's something that he wanted to do. He wanted to move on. He had a mass his stroke and he died over three years ago. So yeah, so it's something for him, you know, it will be he will live on in a way, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I do know what you mean. But that is a very very sweet thing to offerselves, if you're sure that you want to part with him. Though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I believe that, you know, he would love that, having you guys having them. I think that he would love that.
Speaker 2: And so where are they now?
Speaker 7: He loves radio, He loves radio.
Speaker 16: He talks radio.
Speaker 7: You know, he's got he's still got at least you know, he's recorded stuff from years ago.
Speaker 16: I've got to hear.
Speaker 7: I've got his all of the shits, and you know, he's memorabilia. I've got everything that you know when he was in radio.
Speaker 6: So yeah, but don't you want to.
Speaker 2: Keep the plates with all that stuff?
Speaker 7: No, No, I think that you guys could probably bear used for them, you know what I mean? Because yeah, I just think that it's he would probably love that.
Speaker 2: So then Cheryl say, do you know what we're doing with this thing at the moment is we're trying to get this like a really nice, kind of smart looking, eye catching red show to have on.
Speaker 7: This resta and Golden really fantastic. They would be fantastic. They would really look good, and they've got gold with him, and they're like a yellowy goal and they're hay my ship, and they're really high up in my ship. And I can't get the kind of you eye, Cheryl.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, if you're happy to, I will gladly buy them off you. And I think it would be a lovely thing if you want to keep Colin's memory alive. This has been a lot of fun for us on the show, and we'll be for another week or two. I'd love to put them on there if you're if you're happy with that, this is the perfect thing.
Speaker 7: Look, I think he would be hysteric. I mean like, I'll tell you, but he's sorry. If I've got time, just really quickly. He had him on the car one day he dropped off to an appointment and I was see I went to my appointment and I got back in the hat and he said a woman just walked up to me and said, oh, thank you God with them, you just gave me money. I want money. And he's going, I don't work for.
Speaker 1: Gold with him.
Speaker 2: Well, whoever wins the car will have this confusion as well, you know, and then'ally going to drive anywhere they want in the world.
Speaker 7: It was quite funny actually, and he said that she was so scited and she was like, oh, thank you, thank you, you gave me money going with him and he's like, and I think he took him off the car after it.
Speaker 2: Do you want more confusion? Well, listen, Cheryl, we got we got to get into the news in a minute. But I'd love to have the place and we're buying them off you, Okay, Golden Femily is what we wanted originally yesterday.
Speaker 7: Thank you, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Thanks you generosity. It's a really really lovely thing. And I think it'd be the perfect ones to have.
Speaker 7: I think that he would be really happy to see them going to a good heart.
Speaker 2: As long as you're happy, then that my absolutely all right. Good on you, Cheryl, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thanks Christian, Thanks COLLINGOK.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week on the show, we're talking about the first m movie you went to see, and we had a call from Louise. At the end of the call, she told us about a song that had our dad actually loved the movie The Life of Brian and right, so it's one of the greatest comedies of all time. And today I thought it'd be great to find out what is the song that reminds you of your mum and dad?
Speaker 13: I went and saw Monte Platon's The Love of Brian at the age of ten. We went to the Dane Long Driving. My dad loved it so much we bought the double final album. He played it on the family stereo in the lound room every weekend, on the loudest speaker that you could.
Speaker 2: All right, so what is the song that reminds you of your mum or dad? Jacqueline is Eta James. At last, Mum and Dad meta to dance. This is the last dance of the night. I'd asked mom to dance and it was love. From then on, Man.
Speaker 8: Has come along.
Speaker 2: We played this last show last year. Beautiful song. This is Man for Sarah. It's Ca serrh by Doris Dage. Whatever will be Christian. Mum would singer to me to help me get to sleep when I was trying this accorded to see Okayea Christian Frank Sinatra Moon River. This should be an album, hell of an album. There were such a man Sais. Dad would croon it to my mum. That's lovely install Someday for Liz on the Rise of Mom and Dad Sweet count number Neil Diamond, my mom loved him. I think all months in their DNA. If you look under a microscop it says Diamond, Neil, my mom loved him. Any Time I hear this at a wedding, it just brings back memories of Mum and I smile. That's lovely this, Thanks for sharing that. And then with Kenny Rogers the Gambler. Mom and Dad loved a bit of Kenny. Only ever come on at midnight when I had a couple of drinks. That's me and my house is Kenny is a late late in the evening kind of let's get some Kenny on Mars. Thank you very much for that. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I'm on the train listen to the show this morning, and the song that reminds me is John Denver and Lasido Domingo. Not heard of this song John Denver, a quite a few of John song didn't know he did a collab with Placido Domingo. And I've certainly never heard of the song perhaps love Now, I've never had the word perhaps perhaps in of love. You don't see that greeting card to you. Perhaps love you interested? Yeah, love possibly perhaps love. We'll have to dig that out, Matt, thank you very much for that. Shania Twain, from this moment, Emily, this is the song is my parents' wedding song.
Speaker 4: It's funny that was our wedding song as well.
Speaker 2: From this moment, I didn't know this is your your wedding song.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I think Shania wrote that about their parents and their love with each other.
Speaker 11: I think cover it.
Speaker 3: I remember it was this your first dance or.
Speaker 8: What you say, first dance?
Speaker 2: No, Brian Adams, No, Brian Adams.
Speaker 4: No, it's a class. You're a fair than that.
Speaker 2: Chris, he's so later on the evening, Yeah, he's radio. Who you got here, Lianne, Good morning, Leanne. What's the song that reminds you of mom and dad?
Speaker 6: Morning guys. So the song that reminds me of my mum is Nutbush City Limits.
Speaker 2: Mom would get up and do the Nutbush when it came on every barbecue, every everywhere, every club.
Speaker 17: She she's she passed.
Speaker 6: Away just over twenty one years ago. And every week you take when I die, please play Nutbushy Limits at the church. I said, Mom, you can't. She said, I will, and you will, otherwise I'll come back to haunt you and should.
Speaker 2: Be doing it. They should be doing a ghostly Nutbush.
Speaker 6: She was actually quite a lot younger than her five other siblings, as she was adopted, so they were quite elderly when she passed away at fifty nine. So here I'm in the church with all these old people and.
Speaker 11: Talking yes.
Speaker 6: But then to follow up nicely, we played what a Wonderful World, which sort of pacified them a little bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and then we had wake as well, something for everybody like a funeral DJ and I think you oldies at the bank know this one. Play it and that's a lovely story. Thank you very much for sharing you with us today. Amanda. Good morning, Amanda. What's the song that reminds you of mum or dad?
Speaker 14: Good morning? It's Dix's Midnight Runners.
Speaker 6: Come on, Arleen, I have a song.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my mom her name was Eileen, and at every single family event they would play it and she would get up and dance. She secretly hated it, but it was also the song that my dad would only dance with her, so it became their song, so he would only ever dance to that song. As well, so he used to get up as well. So although she claims she hated it, she really loved it because that's when dad danced with her.
Speaker 2: Oh that's lovely, Carl B.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We've got some of the awesome John Denver, amazing country and Western singer. Didn't know that he'd done a song till one of you said this with Lasido Domingo. And it's called perhaps love, which was an unusual pairing of the word love after the word perhaps. But here's how it sounds.
Speaker 8: Perhaps love light full of clans.
Speaker 2: Oh my, did you what they just said? Perhaps love is like the ocean, full of conflict and pain.
Speaker 8: Perhaps love light full of clancy, like a fire.
Speaker 2: Tell you what this crap's all over? Ed? Shearing?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that pering is working for me?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, hear it again.
Speaker 1: Perhaps John.
Speaker 2: D sprinkling a pack.
Speaker 3: I think what's happened is he's way louder than John dev It almost sounds like they put him outside the.
Speaker 2: Down the road, get him in the car park at the studios. We're flipping here Placido from here again.
Speaker 3: It sounds like he's behind the windows.
Speaker 8: John Denver right on the knife.
Speaker 2: Someone shut that window. We need to hear a bit more of this. The case is teasingly just that thirty seconds. I want to hear Domingo.
Speaker 1: Just open up the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I got a slightly longer bit of perhaps love with John Denver and Placido Domingo. If you just tuned in, I haven't got time to say one plane this she has, this works, but when the big bena kicks in, it falls apart. It actually sounds like John Denver thought he was doing himself and I hadn't You did tell him about Plathido Domingo. Wait, no, I thought you were going to call him. And he almost must be like looking around, going why is he here? And why's he yelling?
Speaker 3: Light does sound like Domingo comes from the back of the room, and then he gets slowly closer to the microphone.
Speaker 8: Perhaps loves yours.
Speaker 2: Let's getting louder and he's just warming up. He's going to Oh my god, what they can't Denvers, I'm going to be blusted on my way home today, though. Thank you for letting me know about that, Marie.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: I really need to focus. I've just started to read the lyrics of Perhaps Love by John. It's a threadbare old song.
Speaker 8: Second verse.
Speaker 2: Perhaps love is like a window, perhaps an open door, any of the stuff you want to chuck in a mass pair of old shoes, Perhaps lovers like crops.
Speaker 3: That's how like John Denver didn't have a second verse. He's just looking around the room a mixing desk.
Speaker 2: Say what you see? All right, So everyone in this show, we're all proud loving parents. Right when your kids are babies. I think there is a thing biologically kind of you're hard wire to fall deeply in love with them because they need you. It's a pheromone or hormone that is released oxy.
Speaker 3: I think that's the one that the pill problem that they haven't in the United States, well maybe out West.
Speaker 2: That's what Parentsy was on.
Speaker 3: Then oxytocin.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's a connective loving hormone that binds you literally to the baby, so you won't leave, you will look after them. And so Perry is a is another new dad like Jack on the show, and he loves his beautiful baby daughter Ceci and Perry you've even gone a step further, you've entered your baby into a some kind of baby talent show. Yes, they're doing the new.
Speaker 18: Bonds baby Search for the model for their new clothing line and the prize is thirty k. I thought I'd put my daughter in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the this is the thing. And I can say this as a new parent as well. I'm looking back. Gordy is almost two now, but in that first nine months that there is something in your biology that makes you think you have the most beautiful, cutest baby in the world. Now, I look back at photos of Gordy and I think he looked like a bit of an alien.
Speaker 2: Like a baby. He's a baby.
Speaker 11: Come.
Speaker 3: And this is not specifically about Perry. This is about all new parents.
Speaker 2: Why say it?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: What do you say we think as new parents we have the most gorgeous baby in the world, where maybe we don't and it's just a regular baby, Perry, My daughter is beautiful, I know she is, But is she the best baby baby?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 14: Is she?
Speaker 2: And also, then what if you don't win the prize? How do you then feel, Parry? This is hard for parents and she is a beautiful, growing baby.
Speaker 18: Well, that's going to be a difficult conversation with her years down the trutch.
Speaker 2: This is fault, this is fraught with problems, Perry. So what do you do? Just submit like a photo or something. You just put a photo online? And then would they do with the baby? Then they went like a modeling contract. They even do baby socks bonds. I've never seen them in Wilworst where they've got baby.
Speaker 3: So we Gordy? How much all bond is?
Speaker 2: It just got to be one or under?
Speaker 18: Actually so in CC's category, Gordy would also fall under as well.
Speaker 2: He's a good looking rooster.
Speaker 3: But the how how would Perry feel if Gordy takes out the top prople?
Speaker 2: How would you feel takes out the title.
Speaker 3: Against Gordy's been laid down here a baby gauntle?
Speaker 2: So what do I have to do?
Speaker 3: Take a photo of him, submit him to bonds and then they do like a Australian idol.
Speaker 2: But how the cow rocks up? Go ugly baby? No? And when do we hear if.
Speaker 3: They want to last?
Speaker 18: The competition actually closes a day and then I think it's.
Speaker 2: Everyone win that big prize.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So are you actually entering this competition that poor Perry was just telling us about with his beautiful daughter Ceci into bonds competition. So Perry, so what is it? Is it search for a baby style or the next poster star.
Speaker 18: I think it's like the catalog star for their next range of wear.
Speaker 3: And even though your baby is a year younger than mine, they're in the same category six months to two years. I've filled out his form. Now I have to find that all important perfect photo.
Speaker 2: But go through your Instagram, because you've got some great shots of Gordon. I mean you've had some more someome ones over the over the last two years.
Speaker 3: Now his second name, his first name of Gordon. His second name is named after a bank's dad, John Carlo. You suggested using John Carlo.
Speaker 2: So it's just more come on now, multi cultural entry, you know, just to sort of basically which I'm playing the game here, you know, and use of the Venezuelan influence in him. Celebrate that he's half an as well, but they chuck that in other notes. That's what another post needs.
Speaker 18: Another leg up in life, wait to tiger dads.
Speaker 2: Tiger dads go to war when two dads go to war, So Perry, you've submitted your entro already, Yeah I have.
Speaker 3: I didn't get any pointers though, Wow, you should have asked the team for listen.
Speaker 2: You're the what Perry does on the show, right, he is the guy that cuts all the videos, all the photos as well. So you must have submitted an amazing looking photo of Ce, your daughter.
Speaker 18: Actually, my wife submitted it. I don't know if I agree with the one that she put up, but.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've seen it. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Can you send it to me? I would like to know what I'm up against on my.
Speaker 4: Phone, But Perry, can you send it to I'll send it to you.
Speaker 18: What's worse is, though I think even the as that Jack has I took some of them, so that's true.
Speaker 2: Actually to say, this is going to get real awkward. And it's thirty thousand dollars up for great So it's a big old prize, isn't it.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we could really use that money. Seats, he needs a bedroom.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not judging the competition. Now, I feel like he's coming after me personally, but that's how he is every day, that doll off. Please don't in the studio, Perry.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Turn out for this week's week is claim to fame, where we always saying no claim to fame. It's two weak for us. The number for your very week Ultro week hopefully claims to fame is nine four one four one oh four three business like show business.
Speaker 13: My brother in law's mum used to leave next door to Nicole Kipman's PS.
Speaker 11: One handed a horse to the guy who handed the horse to Prince Charles.
Speaker 7: At the time.
Speaker 14: My son's dog.
Speaker 1: You rob hint dong spot on Christian O'Connell's weakest closer fame.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I have some kind of amnesia and then it'll go as that ghosts. They come back to a point You're like, oh, yeah, that's a job, a job, all right. So what have you got for us? Nine four one four one o four three Here we got here, Gabrielle, Good morning, Christian Area. I'm good Gabrielle. What's your weakest claim to find them? Mate?
Speaker 17: Garyl But JUNR Wance apologized to me for hitting me with his frame.
Speaker 2: When those really big wine ones and he ran over your foot.
Speaker 17: Well, we were in a cafe talking and I sort of packed up. Really get the chairs they come through and it's sort of chairs are bouncing around, and I've always looked up to him sort of froze saying Gary, but Jr. Holy crack, that's amazing. He come through and I saw him coming and just watched him come straight through and sort of hit me with a chair and he's gone, oh, sorry, mate, that frozen up because it's going Mom, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Run run over, run over me.
Speaker 2: I don't run through me. Maybe one day we do a thing just called apologies from the stars. Who if you had a sorry even and not if they cut you up in traffic like sorry after you. That's a great story. I love that. We'll send your prize. Thanks according have a good day. Thanks Christy, Hi Christian, morning morning, Christy. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 16: Thank you. My week is claim to shay My weekes claim to say is that my beautiful mom her girl friend husband was John Fanton's electrician.
Speaker 2: It's the first farnsy connection of the years. It's been missing something in the last couple of weeks. We're back, so break it down again. What's the connection? How many people my.
Speaker 16: Mom's girlfriend husband he was her electrician?
Speaker 2: This is great? Three three, three leaps you got to go to together. That's a great one, Christie.
Speaker 16: Okay, the years ago over saty years ago, she was driving and she sneakly got it that dress and went to his house with her girlfriend, and he was on his deck. So my momm got hr binoculars and was having it John fin and so Himan inside got his binoculars and was looking at her, and there was.
Speaker 2: Me wrapping up to say good bye. I didn't realize there was an easter regular story here. It's so funny for John to go and do that, to get his phinos. Who wants us to watch.
Speaker 3: Us do Your mom's probably thinking now it could be a coincidence, or he's sending a message.
Speaker 2: Suddenly looking into their eyes.
Speaker 16: She was so nervous she got the Karen drove off.
Speaker 2: That is what a great story. She sneakingly got a dress, but she some pratt work. You've got to get the there's so many steps, you gotta get the interest. And then who has binoculars around the house anyway? Correct, she'd got at Bunnings and get some boy, what on of the binoculars? Please? Oh this is amazing, and then drive around that areas. My god, it's in his Budgie Smugglers as well. It's a good puff seeing in on that packet of his blood.
Speaker 16: It gets better. They go and stop cars and go back again, but he's already gone inside.
Speaker 3: The more you tell us, the worse your mom comes out in the story. And then she had it to the peak of darkness, went through his window, tisting on the forehead.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what a legend your mom is. Probably got some sort of restraining order now, all right, Christy, thank you very much for any three stories there.
Speaker 16: Sure, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks one mate, Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Morning Aaron Barry or do it Work? My ex boyfriend went to school with Todally from Neighbors Again, Farns. It's like a kind of like bingo, isn't it all this when it's really all converging and all the stars are aligning. We get a Fansy one and then we get a Toady as well. My ex boyfriend went to school with Totally from neighbors and one night we ran into him at a pool hall and gave him a lift home. Erin thank you very much. Just got a James Morning James, Yeah, Rags Cam.
Speaker 5: The Firm and I once suspect of his security detail to fill columns at a charity gower while he was being interviewed by the press.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, did they come to speak to you or did you go and speak to them?
Speaker 5: Well, I just wondered and more recollection as it was a here and shake, and I just asked him, you know what kind of ague it is? And he said, you know, it's pretty crazy. He was a key way good key where we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I thought, we crazy because you're not really doing your job. You shouldn't be let me talk. It was in London. It was only I remember it Monopoly and the Doctor Teller Square, so it was the papline.
Speaker 2: So yes, but yeah, well listen James up against time a bit there. Thank you very much. You call mate. Uh, let's go to uh, let's go to Chris morning, Chris.
Speaker 15: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, good, good gold this morning and Chris, what's your week? Is going to fame?
Speaker 15: My mum's auntie's cousin is Joe Kamilary.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is one of the biggest ones. We just landed a big one. Joe Camelary. That is you so and the connection again is your your mom's Auntie's cousin.
Speaker 15: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't you hear a story? Are they burns into.
Speaker 5: No, she just sent me photo on the weekend of her and Joe sitting around.
Speaker 15: A kitchen table.
Speaker 3: He's just like the rest of us.
Speaker 2: What does he do? Was he doing some carpentry or what was he doing around the kitchen table? Just hanging out having as us Joe.
Speaker 15: It was just followed with the message is Joe Kimalary and yeah, the facts of Auntew's cousin.
Speaker 2: So it says a lot that you got put who is if I sent my kids a picture me and Teddys Swift and Teddy Swift Chris, thank you very much, she called my have a good day.
Speaker 15: Thank you you too, Dean, Yes, team.
Speaker 11: My weakest claim to fame is well, I grew up in Sydney many many years ago and we used to as kids, we used to play cricket in the street with all the kids in the street. And there was a kid in the street. And do you always need to say, hey, my cousins George Michael, my cousin George Mica is yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, whatever stupid, Just hurry up, hit the ball or bowl the ball or whatever, and never pay much attention to it. And and this went on every time we played. Tell us about this. And then one day when Wayam were actually touring Australia, he goes, my cousin's coming, my cousin's coming, and we go, who's your cousin, George Michael, he's coming, he's coming, And sure enough and Limo pulled out.
Speaker 8: Now, come on, he didn't.
Speaker 2: Never bring you back spread your friends.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, George Michael, which wouldn't even play.
Speaker 11: He wouldn't even play.
Speaker 6: We asked in, Yeah, he.
Speaker 8: Did have.
Speaker 7: This story.
Speaker 2: You had no like five phone to find where my cousin is playing cricket out of the street right now, All of a sudden a lipper.
Speaker 4: Pause up, Come on, Pats, no believe him.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today, another two hundred and fifty fuel voucher for the best in show on today's time waster. Today, we're looking for your furniture bands because today is Thank a Cabinet Maker Day. Thank you, Thank you cabinet makers and carpenters. A clinical study by UCLA found that forty one percent of couples that shop at Ikea, no surprise, have a fight there. The researchers have found that the layout was perfectly set up to become map of a relationship nightmare. Walking through the kitchen brings up touchy subjects like who does most of the cooking. Then you get to the children's section, which opens up a whole of the can of worms. Research suggested it's a nice idea to alleviate in store ike attention to create an incentive for good behavior. My wife does this with me. She'll go, you don't forget. You can have those meatballs at the end. It's what you could win. I just need you to help me to pick out some new mugs. Okay, so I get the meatballs. Thank you, mummy. Nice sit in the trolley. He actually says, I just wait on. For example, if you manage to make it to the checkout without arguing, you get it. You can have some of the meatballs in the cafeteria. All right. We're looking for furniture bands today. Furniture bands. Who's on stage at furniture first?
Speaker 3: Who's there?
Speaker 2: Panic at the Desco gold stall in the Gang Gold Ah. The four tops were a legendary motown. By the way, four countertops. They're all up there, fall out toy chest, pull out toy toys and I'm all right. Cabinet makers and daft bunk bed well, they're going to just fall apart. Guys, take their helmets off and make the bunk.
Speaker 3: Beds gold meatballs for you.
Speaker 2: You're a good boy, Jack. What have you got?
Speaker 12: Furniture bands? Chero smith, that's good, simple but effective. It's a gold sideboard and garf uncle. If you say it fast enough.
Speaker 2: It is close. It's close silver plus. Anyone who can get a good sideboard win sur prize.
Speaker 3: Today Creating's clear water recliner, Bronze, talking.
Speaker 2: Beds, obvious bronze.
Speaker 3: One's obvious to the beach chair boys.
Speaker 2: Come on, you've got to sweat a bit.
Speaker 15: Come on.
Speaker 1: For me, my friend, no leftovers, a brighter and you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today's time Wastter. We're looking for your furniture bands. Best in Show went to two hundred and fifty dollars fuel voucher thanks to Brian Master. Jack, you're ready to mark, Let's do it all right? Sofa ellis Baxter relevant?
Speaker 3: Gold?
Speaker 2: Oh what I'm Michael ed Charon Chason, that's great. Thirty seconds to chairs, Silva, Natalie Bassinett gold, but Um, Phil Devan, Devan sa Joranduran Gold very good, Danny Ac deck chair, Silva, no bed Zeppelin silver, Navarish gold. Yeah, that's smart, that's smart, Angular a little toy box twenty bronze. It's Shakira.
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 2: I gotta get the Pronuncia, gonna try Sarah. It's Shakia. Oh shake, Shaka, shak shak.
Speaker 19: Poof Daddy, put your feet on him, Poof Daddy Gold, Courtney Love Seat silver, Green, Bee Day Gold, three draws down, Jim very good.
Speaker 2: That is so good. Three draws down our first draw mention as well. One and Jim very good, high quality. H You two seater, it's just a you two seater silver, a nice one. Will Ossie Ottoman Bronze, Divan Halen, Silva, Anthony panchera have you Pantera? That's very good. Panchera Ottoman reading silver, Fleetwood, flat pack silver, Queen size bed gold, Leonard sideboard. Yeah, I'm very happy and radio BedHead. Yeah, all right, who's best in show? Some great ones there world under gym for three draws down Yeah, right winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this is exciting. We're about to announce how you're going to win this beautifully lovingly restored Golden holder. It's a two thousand and two holders being restored, renovated. It's gonna look beautiful. It'll be yours. Gonna have an amazing personiz red shoe as well, which is gold f m as well. This is gonna be It's not just a cart, it's a talking piece. It's a living piece of history.
Speaker 8: I believe I can dry.
Speaker 20: See that mirror on the side and that cockroach crawling on the floor. Just get a tissue shoe with out the door. All of this can be your the owner of a golden Cormon doll. I believe I can drive.
Speaker 8: I can drive. I believe I can drive.
Speaker 11: You can drive.
Speaker 2: It's not just a restored car that you win. The car comes fully tricked out of its time. This is a two thousands car. We're talking Fluffy Dice two thousand and two mailway. So you can travel the world.
Speaker 3: Just not e rohads, no, no, no, just do.
Speaker 2: It's a winning Victoria also a state of the upstate of the art five ced count them five CDs. Ooh, multi changer. Now the way doing this you sing for it? Basically we want you to sing for the whole. It's an amazing price as a first ever car giveaway. By the way, in the history of the show, we're calling this carryokey up there for radio, down there for dancing cur ok. You pick a song, you write your own lyrics. Why you want to have this amazing car? Now. One of the most underrated voices in entertainment we can all agree on this team is Petrina Giants. No we mean this. I mean I'm not a singer. When we hear pat sing angels flying? Was it they crying? I'm not sure. What we'd love you to do during the next well today basically waiting for tomorrow morning is.
Speaker 10: Song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned this means something to you to channel that love first song at your wedding today, write some lyrics of your own and then record them for us to play out tomorrow. About the Holden car, the golden.
Speaker 4: Holden done done and done.
Speaker 2: Fell could be like from this Holden.
Speaker 4: Whoa look out?
Speaker 2: Oh was that auto tune.
Speaker 4: Car was backfiring?
Speaker 2: We need to still renovate that voice. Now we don't. It's beautiful as it is. Patsy, I for one, cannot wait team a week. Excited, very excited. Patsy is bringing the heat. You start bringing the heat. Entries open six am tomorrow morning. Good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast