Speaker 1: We have hit a huge milestone in our family, and that is Marley May. She's five years old. She is starting school next year. She's going to be hurt. It's so cute. It's her very very first year. She is our oldest daughter, and so it's not just a first for her, but obviously it's a first for us as parents.
Speaker 2: Happened very quickly.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it did. Did It just feels like it creeped up on me though it's growing up. Five years happened, No, I know, you like she was just born. And you've got to remember. So Britta and I we met when I was pregnant with Marley May. So we started our podcast Life on Cut when I was seven months pregnant. So it kind of feels a little bit as though, like every year that Marley has a birthday, it's kind of feels a bit of a work milestone for us as well, because it's around the time that we became friends. So five years it's that's a long time. And then she's gonna start school next year. She's so excited for it. She's very very ready. She's a super smart little cookie. But last week we had our school orientation, and so I thought the school orientation was for the kids, but they do a parent school orientation first. So all of the parents went to the school hall on one night that and I made it into a date night. We went out for dinner afterwards. But we sat there and they had like a presentation around what was going to happen, like a presentation around the canteen and how the kids can order their lunch.
Speaker 2: In the canteen system. It's a pretty nice canteen. Do they still just do like migpies.
Speaker 1: No, No, everything's like you know, the five star health rating now.
Speaker 2: So they they had no brown paper bag with a text.
Speaker 1: I think it's the same. I think you put everything into a washing basket and then they take it down to the canteen and a brown paper bag and then they go and.
Speaker 2: Pick it up and eat it in their lunch. Nostalgia.
Speaker 1: And now they had the thing called it's called crunch and Sip where they have a ten minute break before recess where they go, yeah.
Speaker 2: They got but they get smoke.
Speaker 1: They have a smoko break before recess.
Speaker 2: Where they lunch recess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they get to eat an apple or a piece of vegetable or it's sorry too easy.
Speaker 2: We used to go.
Speaker 1: We used to go.
Speaker 2: First of all, you'd start to recess, there was no break. Then you'd get like ten chicken nuggets. I can't help you about that, steep fried processed chicken pizza pocket, pizza pocket.
Speaker 1: This is like a very reminiscent of like back in my day. That's what I feel when you had to walk all those kilumbus to school. No, but then the other thing, which I had completely forgotten about this and I just think it is the most adorable thing ever. Is you know how you get a buddy when you're in kindergarten, You get paired with a buddy, do you remember.
Speaker 2: Remember, Yeah, it's someone older, ye young to show them the ropes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like a kid from year six, every single kindergartener gets like matched up with a buddy system. So like they So Molly's going to get to meet her buddy next week at the actual school orientation.
Speaker 2: A six student, a.
Speaker 1: Year six student that's picked out just for her. She stays like that buddy stays with them all through the first year of kindergarten.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're gonna know that Molly May is like famous?
Speaker 1: No, she's not famous famous. So the problem is though I was sitting there and they were talking about this, and then I remembered. I was like, I never got a buddy. This is why I did. I thought it was such a novelty. So when I was in year six, I was only one of three kids in my year that were denied a kindergarten buddy because we were too naughty and we were deemed to be a bad influence.
Speaker 2: So I never got a buddy.
Speaker 1: It was so bad, you know, I almost got expelled from my primary school.
Speaker 2: I don't recommend this at all.
Speaker 1: I got really angry at a boy who was teasing me, and I punched him in the face in front of the assembly. That's feminism, thank you, thank you. So I was before my time the patriarchy.
Speaker 2: How different we are, Laura.
Speaker 1: I also wasn't given a buddy when I was in year six, but that's because I was school captain and I was too busy running the ship. Oh, I was like so important person here.
Speaker 2: I was school captain. But I was given a buddy, right and then I forgot them and then like I reckon toilet. I don't know, I was very busy, you know, it was like Kamala Harris. Anyway, about six months ago, someone on the street came up to me was like Mitch, Mitch Cherry Hi, and I was like, ah, here we got a radio fan being spotted and they went, you were my buddy when I was in year six.
Speaker 1: You thought thought they.
Speaker 2: Were going to get a photo, but in fact they remembered me as their buddy. How do they remember? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're very memorable.
Speaker 2: Also, once on a dating app, I messaged some them, was like, Hi, how are you want to meet up? And they were like, you're my buddy. I was in the year seven, year in your twelve. He's like, yeah, I want to be a buddy again.
Speaker 1: I guess it's first for everyone, right and show.
Speaker 2: Them the ropes. No, this was after the school. They were in their mid twenties. Al Right, I don't know if I should have told that story.
Speaker 1: I really took a segue, but I'm okay with it. Anyway, A massive massive milestone in our house hold.
Speaker 2: On one for you as well.
Speaker 1: Witch.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks liziting to everyone, Will and Woody up next. Oh this week is our little Wins. They're returning. If you want five hundred dollars to spend at Chemists Warehouse. Head to the pickup dot com dot or you go to our wind page on our website. Five hundred bucks could be yours this Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we don't want your big wins. We want like, what was that small little milestone. Maybe you also had parent orientation this week and it went.
Speaker 2: Off without a hitch totally. Maybe you know, slept with your buddy who knows little wins all right, Will and Wody up next. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: See you guy,