Speaker 1: The Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Milbourn's Gold one oh four point three live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Wretchmen, this is.
Speaker 1: The Chris John o'con all Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: APAs give us us the weather prediction for Saturday.
Speaker 4: Morning, dry twenty degrees wow, showers later that night, but it's only a fifty percent chance, so it's looking good.
Speaker 3: The reason why we're obsessed about the weather Saturday morning ten a m Till Middays because we're all going to be the entire show, the entire radio station. I get the feeling as well.
Speaker 5: Gav, Whippy Huggy, we're all going to be there at the vu Whitnoval for our grand final, all the grannies of Melbourne taking each other on to see who can kick the ball the furthest We just want it to be dry, but that sounds that's going to be quite warm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's going to be beautiful.
Speaker 3: I reckon see, I'm already thinking that twenty degrees is warm?
Speaker 7: It will it be too much? Should we call it off?
Speaker 3: Dehydrated?
Speaker 6: These born naners they'll be wearing ice fists. They wear ice fists when it's called the.
Speaker 3: Players, they wear them.
Speaker 7: They when they come off the field. They don't wear them on the field.
Speaker 3: Its hats. Yeah, you've got a lot of responsibility on Saturday.
Speaker 5: You are the chief umpire. When Jack does all the measuring, he's going to be shouting it to you. I can't love you putting vests made of ice cubes on Nana's Okay, No, Nana's must be harm Saturday morning. That's the golden rule team, Okay, all right, so welcome to show number seventy two this morning.
Speaker 3: We'll not ask you this.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the first time, when you're a kid or a teenager, when you first saw with your own eyes someone famous.
Speaker 3: These days we see too much of famous people. There's too much information.
Speaker 5: I know already too much about Donald Trump's Genitalia mushroom.
Speaker 3: I don't need to know that, all right, we don't need to know that. But anyway, back in the day, there.
Speaker 5: Wasn't all this kind of TMZ in twenty four to seven role in news coverage. If you ever saw someone even mildly famous, it was like you remember that the first time you ever saw someone famous in a normal everyday setting.
Speaker 3: Who was it for you?
Speaker 7: I remember seeing John and Benita who were from play School. You've got play school in the UK.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, it was before they had kids TV channels. Play school was huge. They also do it's always very calming high kids. And they had like a round window and a triangle window. And today we're going to go through the round window that I hate the triangle and they going it's a video now about how glass is made, and the round one. It's going to be sick video the round one. So your play school was brill.
Speaker 7: Definitely my favorite was the arch window. I still remember Mum took us to a plate like a live play School show and I was overwhelmed with seeing them in person, and.
Speaker 3: It's circuit it is when we see these famous people went the first time. When you're kid or teenager, it's what is this? Overwhelming? Isn't it?
Speaker 5: You can't believe they're actually real and like us, it's too exciting.
Speaker 7: Who is it for you?
Speaker 3: For me, it was there was a soccer player.
Speaker 5: My soccer team in the UK is Southampton the Saints, and when I was ten, the little town that I grew up in They had this charity fun run. I think it was like one mile and it was for the whole town to come along and raise money, and they had a celebrity was hired to be part of it. It was the first time I ever seeing anyone famous, and it was the defender Nick Holmes from my football team Southampton, and I remember literally just being in awe of him. And it was the first time I ever asked for anyone's autograph. And in a local newspaper I was pictured with Nick and I looked so starstruck. It actually looks like they were doing the run raising sort of money for pioneering medical research. To me, let's just remind ourselves. You've seen the photos. My mum used to cut my hair look like that. He was raising money for a poor sick kid. You know, I like some pioneer medical searched. Back in the eighties, I did not look well in the folks.
Speaker 7: Did you? Did your parents clip it out and stick it out the fridge.
Speaker 5: Yet for years and when and then start to get girlfriends, they'd bring that photo.
Speaker 3: I don't bring out the one of the fun run. Mom, I don't look well. You saw it now, that that kid's not got long blessing. Why are his eyes like that? Always hairs all sort of like that as well?
Speaker 5: Anyway, So this morning give us a called nine four one four one four three nine four one four one o four three. Who was the first famous person you ever saw?
Speaker 3: When you're a kid or a teenager?
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: So this morning I want to know who was the first famous person you ever saw? In the flesh might have been a kid or a teenager? Nine four one four one oh four three. Jenny, Good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good this morning, Jenny. I hope you well as well. Thanks for cooling the show.
Speaker 5: So Jenny, tell us then, how old were you and who was the famous person you saw?
Speaker 8: I was about seventeen and I saw Ac DC, Bond, Scott and Anger Shung and all the rest of them. Where I was in the city with a couple of friends and in Swanster Street in Melbourne outside of the Manchester Unity Building they were building the it's the arconic video of them doing It's a long way to the top.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 8: Back of the truck going down swance.
Speaker 3: The bagpipes and the big marching through the town. Yes, yes, we were so lucky to have seen that, I know, And.
Speaker 8: I remember it being a rather warm day because I was a nice and swim in those days, and I had cut off jeans on sure, so I think it was in summer. I can't remember, and I think it was a pretty warm day.
Speaker 3: Scott. I got to see Bond Scott as.
Speaker 2: Well, Oh we did.
Speaker 8: Yes, he had a strip striped T shirt on.
Speaker 7: I think, Jenny, have you looked for yourself in the video clip.
Speaker 8: No, we got across the road, but they had a few police around. But I had long blonde hair and so did half the people there, so I don't think we got in it. But I'm not sure. But there's a lot of people walking around the truck at the time.
Speaker 3: Isn't incredible?
Speaker 5: So, Jenny, that's like quite a few years ago, but you remember it so vividly. It's like it's burn into your psyche.
Speaker 3: Isn't it That that first experience of seeing an actual, walking, talking, breathing, famous person in the flesh.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, and I mean pretty much with them, and then what you saw was what you got.
Speaker 3: We leave that then all right, Jenny, that's a great story. Thanks for calling us up. All right, you have a good day, thanks Christian. Bye. All right, let's go into Lionston Pats, who is it for you?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 4: We saw as kids in the late seventies out at Melbourne Airport were taking a family trip up to the Gold Coast and we saw Don Lane, who was a huge TV host here you American show host he was, and he used to couple up with bert Bert Newshen and they had a night show which I could never watch because it was on too late. So that was. Yeah, it was funny seeing them because it's like, oh, he's real, you know, it's not.
Speaker 3: Like you and you just stare yes awkwardly. There's almost something beguiling and hypnotics about actually the first experience of seeing a celebrity. You're just taking it all in. Words don't come to you just stare slack jawed at their wonder.
Speaker 7: So no one from your family dared to go and ask for his autograph, No.
Speaker 6: It was sort of from a distance. I think he was going through the X ray machine.
Speaker 1: Pats the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this morning we're asking you who was the first famous person you ever saw? Nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, Lauren, Oh, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Lauren? You Sam Well? And who was the first famous person for you? Mate?
Speaker 8: I saw Andre the Joints.
Speaker 3: This is great. You know what. At the moment, we're going through one mention of Andre the Giant a week on the show, and I'm happy with that.
Speaker 5: PBS keep repeating that brilliant documentary The Bill Simmers went about as well, which I can't recommend enough.
Speaker 3: It's great watch. So anyway, where were you? How old were you? Mate?
Speaker 8: And I was about sixteen seventeen over here, I'm doing a tour.
Speaker 3: What a cliffhanger.
Speaker 7: Phone line? I was just listened to.
Speaker 3: Anything good is a triple M. No, it's steady of course. A and sorry you saw them in the city they're on tour.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can have missing because he's what one something like that?
Speaker 3: Something's And did you ask for his autograph? Did you look up or try and jump up and get his attention and get his autograph?
Speaker 8: Oh no, no I didn't. On the other side, I was on the other side of the road.
Speaker 7: I wasn't gonna across the road. Just for an underage of the giant signature.
Speaker 3: She's still listening to the last bit of the radio show. All right, Lauren, that's the going mate, that's the radio the anchor, good morning, the old the Old Dream Team for uses there. It's always on it. Yeah, I'm really good. The anchor, really really good. Another smooth show. And the anchor. Who was the first Flapers person you ever saw?
Speaker 4: Well, the first group?
Speaker 10: It was the Who. Actually, my girlfriend and I were about thirteen and we kind of waked school to go and see them at the Southern Cross. And we tried to get up there about three times, and the manager said to us, if he saw us again, he would have just arrested.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to get on stage or were you at the hotel trying to see Rods A. Daltrey or it was the.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it was the it was their hotel room, right, And so we tried one more time and we saw the manager coming towards us. So we knocked on the first door that we could see, and Roger Daltrey answered the door, what yeah, And we said, can we come in for a minute? Place, I said the manager. So we spent half an hour with them.
Speaker 8: We've got their draft.
Speaker 10: They were just amazing, really really nice.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant. You met the who I mean, that's that one of the greats of rock and roll.
Speaker 10: We met them and Peter Nur.
Speaker 8: It was a real job, all right.
Speaker 10: I won't go into what we say.
Speaker 3: A different time when teenagers. Who's just going to rockstar's hotel? All right, be ankle, We'll let you go down nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 5: Can you hear yourself on the radio in the background? And also, who was the first famous person you ever saw?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's took at another coup of call set and I've took him this morning. Do you remember the first time? And you do remember it that you saw anyone famous for the first time with your own eyes? Patrick? Good morning, Good morning, Christian. There you go. I'm pretty good, Batrick. I hope you're well. This sauning as well. And who was it for you? Who did you first see that was famous?
Speaker 2: First saw was Peter Russell Clark?
Speaker 3: Wow? How old were you in this? This monumental moment.
Speaker 11: I was about seven years old with my father doing a job in the city at the Opera House in Sydney, and I just said, Dad, it's Peter Russell Clark and get them up.
Speaker 7: So I went the other window of the old high.
Speaker 11: Cheers Peter, and I think, and my Dad's looking at me like son, like you don't say Coon Sheese to a celebrity, wow, just because he was the ambassador for Coones.
Speaker 7: Hey, I think, what kind of work did your dad have you doing at seven years old?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: An apprentice of laborer at seven seven. Even Nike turning I at seven year olds, they got you gotta wait till you're eight start making those trainers. Hey, that's great, Patrick, thank you very much for giving us a call. I have a good day, buddy, David. Good morning. How is it Patrick? All that money on those posters, all that money on those posters? Good morning, Patrick, Ty of today's show Morning.
Speaker 7: Unless David's really have to talk to the last poll? Should we just jump back?
Speaker 3: Weally awkward? Now get Patrick mak I can say, can warning David? Sorry? David? Who is it for you?
Speaker 2: All four beetles a.
Speaker 3: Royal flush. Yeah, how come.
Speaker 7: Feteen sixty nineteen sixty three Liverpool and I watched him go passing the parade on the way to the premier Hard Day's Night.
Speaker 3: I mean, all of that is incredible. So how come were you did?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Were you born in Liverpool?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah whereabouts? I worked in Liverpool to the Breakfast was a great city. Yeah, way of the Tree, so just down the road from Penny Lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you saw all them on the on the premier to Hard days Night, which is a great movie.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, yeah, real, absolutely brilliant David.
Speaker 7: Around that era, were people just seeing them bumping around the city all the time. Not really, no, man, that was just like they said, are really kicked go at that point.
Speaker 3: So they were living there, you.
Speaker 2: Know, on the road.
Speaker 3: You lucky thing. So you actually saw all of them, You saw Lennon McCarty, Harris who, you saw all the four Beatles and then that's incredible. I'm jealous that you actually got to see the Beatles. Yeah, it stays with you. Yeah, I just wish Patrick was back on. So take this.
Speaker 1: To David the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's six thirty am and time to play the early morning game. It sounds like a song to me, Christian, so you got it yesterday. So I need a brand new clip. How this works? I play a little clip.
Speaker 5: It's got a couple of sound effects in there, and you've got to try and guess what the sound effects are. They clues to the song title. And this game is best when it's really hard. Okay, and it goes for a week. I'm annoyed this new one we've got, Jack, It isn't even worth doing. The record is four days. I think of somebody not getting the answer. And if you're listened to this thinking that you could come up with a really good one, I will give you a great prize if you're one last for five shows. If we get five shows away no right answer, I'll give you a great prize if you come up with a clue. So it's just a load of sound effects. You've got to guess the song title. This one's going to go immediately annoyed.
Speaker 11: Let me in.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's the point.
Speaker 7: Don't tell me you don't know knocking on Heaven's door?
Speaker 3: What it What if it was that we ask me to guess. No, don't guess anymore, because there's only a couple that can be And the next guest, I don't know what I don't know. I bet you do if you spend a bit more time.
Speaker 5: People are calling in already nine four one four, one oh four throw I'm only going to play it once more.
Speaker 1: Let me in.
Speaker 7: No, I think I knock on wood.
Speaker 5: No, stop guessing nine four one four three, Give us a go now, poor jack, guess is it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: Beautiful looking morning this morning. It is sad that whenever I see those hot air balloons, I'm jealous because I know some radio stations over the years have had their ones.
Speaker 7: Yeah triple m and got one at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I get rudy jealous. I don't think we can afford a balloon.
Speaker 5: Is there anyway we could send you up in like a picnic chair and lawn chair with a load of helium balloons? How many helium balloons would it take to get you to lift off the ground.
Speaker 7: I think some guy did it recently, like in the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: He did well.
Speaker 7: Danny Deck chair. Is the movie right where he flies with balloons? Some guy in America or Canada did it successfully?
Speaker 3: Would you? Thanks for doing so? You're up for that that's going to float above us. Get you over to that ship. And they'd be so jealous, like how that forget balloons is now? But a guy in a picnic chair, a launch chair. You'd go over to see pangy and so like, oh my god, why are they doing now over gold?
Speaker 7: But what I just take some binoculars, look through their window and see what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get a couple of helium balloons, stuff.
Speaker 7: Like that, But why are you doing that? Fire jets down there? The hot air balloon?
Speaker 3: Don't just give me some production, my friend? You know what, radio we could add something to it. All right, we're doing this. I think it's too easy.
Speaker 7: It's six thirty AM and time to play the early morning games.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a song to me, Christian, do you think there's a game on this show? By the way of listener? According in doing sound effects, and we've got to guess what it is, all.
Speaker 5: Right, tomorrow's show early tomorrow? All right, then, so this is sounds like a song to me. I play a little clips, got a couple of sound effects. The sound effects are clues to the song title. Here is this One's far too easy Let me in? Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Can know what it is? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 5: If you get it right, this sarn and then we got this great prize this weekend, World Wellness Weekend out at Peninsula Hot Springs got double pass if you go enjoy all the pilates, yoga, meditation, wellness Talk's a really big thing this weekend Saturday, the twenty second September, out of the Peninsuona Hot Springs their biggest expansion.
Speaker 3: Ever World Wellness Weekend. We've got a double pass for that. Steve, Yeah, Steve, Steve, what do you think it is? Mate? What's the song? I think it's sorry here and Knocking by David Edmonds Let me In? Great song. That is a great song, Steve. Is not the right answer, though, mate, Thank you very much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Patrick's still heavy. Tracy, good morning, Hi Tracy. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 3: Mate? Knock on? Would let me in?
Speaker 7: Does sound like a timberdoor?
Speaker 3: It does sound like a timberdoor, but it is not the song. That is not the right answer tough like Tracy, Yeah, I know it's taking it personal, Glenn, Glen, Glenn here, I've gotten labeled up on my phone system in Brackets fifty five like just watching p's and q's with Glenn. You know they like her, they like some manners, Glenn Brackets fifty five. Good morning, Yeah, the war was on? Why are we only leaving up his age? Is he the only one of a certain age in Melbourne? So he's famous? Have you met Glen? The five old? Is a lovely guy? All right? Glenn fifty five? What is the song.
Speaker 2: Set in the dark outside?
Speaker 3: Men at work? Here?
Speaker 1: Let me in?
Speaker 7: That's a good guest, guest outside the box Glenn fifty five.
Speaker 3: Not the answer, Terry Ageless, what do you think it is? And we're just add Terry what thanks him? And Terry Bank. We just add Terry with knocking on Evans door? No, that was made against okay, Tracy, Terry Maur what you doing? Bes? What's going on? A woman?
Speaker 8: Not a man?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I say gotcha? Okay and he's on the line.
Speaker 9: Yeah me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, chaos doesn't know that the cause me next X Thanks Christian and.
Speaker 3: What's your guests?
Speaker 8: Usy Corto. You keep on knocking that you can't.
Speaker 9: Come in let me in.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great yeah, really really good one as well. It is not the Great Susie Quad Show. It's not that n I know. Oh maybe this is tough th I thought. All right, Well, rolls over now till Monday morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three on this morning show, then ten weeks of tickets. This week it's all about the Royal Melbourne Show. We've got VIP family passes for four of you, parking food vouchers, our radio station Gold one I four point three showbag, We've got it all. That's at seven thirty this morning, and during the next half an hour we'll have a psychic on Dawn with her predictions about what's going to happen Saturday morning at the vu Witnoval for the Grand Final, as Melbourne's finest grands take each other on a week before the Grand Final, trying to see which one grand can kick the ball the furthest So we'll get the psychic predictions. Also going to ask the psychic. Gavin Miner, brilliant presenter just called him sick, and I'm not saying he's not sick. I'm going to ask Dawn the Psychic, Gavin Minner, Gavin Miller, you're going to read on that sickness.
Speaker 3: I've producing his head in his hands. Anyway, that's happening in ten minutes time. There's nothing anyone can do to stop me. Before that.
Speaker 5: One of you has spotted something about my laugh. You think it sounds a bit like this wheezing laugh I have sounds like Muttley from the Wacky Racist. So do you remember the Wacky Races, great kids TV show? Amy, Let's just remind ourselves of Mutley's laugh. It's like mine, and then this is mine Muttley I used to I take that as a convent. I used to love this TV show and.
Speaker 3: Daredevils Grow Up.
Speaker 2: Danny Drivers, whoever whirl are weel?
Speaker 3: And the Wacky Racers? Did you love this too?
Speaker 7: I love this and my brother used to watch the repeats all the time. My favorite was The Bolder Brothers.
Speaker 6: The Rockets.
Speaker 5: Mine was Panela pit Stop. I had a massive crush on Panope Pitstop.
Speaker 3: And then once I say a fancy dress party, I spent weeks begging my wife to dress, and she said it was actually scaring her. She didn't go one year, one year, one year, please. But if anything happened to me and I was on my death, but it would quickly just go and dresses. Pal pit Stop my last image on the She was my favorite. I used to actually leg it home from school, all right.
Speaker 5: I used to have to really get a jog on to get home from school, is to have to walk about three ks to come home, and to get to see Wacky Races in time, I used to love What did you like it as well?
Speaker 3: Perhaps?
Speaker 7: Yeah I did.
Speaker 6: I liked Pandora pit Stop. She was my favorite.
Speaker 7: With Pandora pit Stop, she was.
Speaker 6: One of the other characters that used to race.
Speaker 3: I don't remember any there was two pit stops. No, there was never two pitch wasn't there.
Speaker 6: I'm sure there's a Pandora Pandora pits stop. My thinking of Penelope, I'm sure I thought it was Pandora.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a hair in that bunner above her head and those white leather knee high book.
Speaker 7: Is that how you're thinking of pats Yeah, it's a while ago. The best thing about Wacky Races, unlike any other cartoon is anybody could win except monthly and Dick dastardly never won, but he truly didn't know who was going to win, whereas every other cartoon is like the mouse always beats the cat, et cetera. Oh, I'm looking at Pandora pit Stock. Yeah, she's like from a new new version of Wacky Races.
Speaker 6: Oh maybe I was watching it.
Speaker 7: You must be watching the week reboots.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's all about pananope pits stuff. That was the best one.
Speaker 5: Our producer, Brad Right, listen to this jump on Jack Smike used to take his love of this show one step further.
Speaker 3: What did you do? Brad Well?
Speaker 12: I nearly got suspended at school because we used to run a book on the Wacky Races because the different there'd be a different winner every night, right, and whoever won that night the night before was on long odds and we'd have mema mate.
Speaker 7: We ran a whole book and anybody could back any race, and then we got pulled up.
Speaker 3: We were making it so much money. It was great. People actually put money on it. O, my kids will make it putting the all bits on. There were sports back you were doing. It was written races and what stopped this, this money making scam. Apparently it was illegal and the school didn't like it.
Speaker 12: Some kid complained that we didn't give the right odds or something or other, and.
Speaker 3: Then they called us into the office. You're going to be suspended. Stop it.
Speaker 1: That's Brettant the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three reminiscent on throwback first about Wacky Races up but Sir Brad even had a book at school taking bets on who was going to win Jax's jumps on the Wikipedia page. I love Wikipedia sometimes when you get those retro TV shows ron there and it's all some person has done all of this.
Speaker 7: Someone's going to the effort to do all placings from all episodes of the Wacky Races so you can see that. Well, we know the machine with Mutley and Dick dastardly, they never won, They never placed every every episode.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe'd be great if they could just win it. Those guys.
Speaker 7: I I hope the road Runner gets caught just once, that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: So he won the most then, so Christian, who's the brown Low of Wacky Races?
Speaker 7: The Anhill Mob that was the seven Little Guys in the Like the Mobmobile. Penelope Pitstop had four wins as well, and Peter Perfect had four wins as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the update, Christian O'Connell. Breakfast Shows Grand Final Grand News kicking. Yes, we're on the search for Melbourne's Grand with the longest kid. My god, what a rain. I know everyone's getting excited. Two days ago. Now until the Grand Final, Melbourne's Finest Granny's lining up taking each other on. I'm trying to win one thousand dollars a free pancake thanks to Pancake Marla every week three year pancake parlor just to release their new kids menu, delicious pancakes for under nine dollars eight dollars ninety.
Speaker 5: Please come along and cheer on the grands. You get free pancakes and coffee. Ten am First Kick ten am Sharp at the Vu Witten Oval, So really we're asking you to get there from nine thirty. Huggy's doing the crowd warm up before I go come on.
Speaker 7: The Yankees asked if the general public can get their face painted as well.
Speaker 3: She wants their face painted on Saturday morning or she going to get it painted ass.
Speaker 7: She'll get the butterfly.
Speaker 3: The butterfly, yes, okay, yep, we could do that as well.
Speaker 5: All right then, So that is this weekend, Saturday morning, nine thirty VU Whitten Oval, the Kennel Home of the Dogs.
Speaker 3: We're going to be there.
Speaker 5: Hopefully you can come along and cheer the grands on. And I thought this could be interesting. Obviously a lot of grands have entered. Some of them are pulled out injuries or just can't make it. I thought we'd get a psychic on how to have a look at some of the contenders. Ye see what she's feeling. So we've got on the line right now.
Speaker 3: Well we've got Dawn. Good morning, Dawn Clue.
Speaker 9: Hello Christian, how are you?
Speaker 3: Good morning? And thank you very much for free in some time. I understand you're really busy at the moment.
Speaker 9: Yes, An, I've just flown in from the UK. I've been there for about three months and took a trip out to Greece last week and just got back into cold and chilly Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Ah right, okay, now listen our grand final yees. Now, how do you work? Then? Are you someone who's an audio clairvoyant? What is your particular skill door.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, I work as a psychic medium internationally, so I can sort of sit here in Melbourne and talk to people in New York or London. So I work clairvoyantly, which is visionary claire audiently obviously, I channel in and get the messages and close sentimentally is the feeling. So I've worked on feeling for you guys today with these ladies, really just picking up feelings on their names and everything and a little bit about them. I didn't sort of read into them on what you know you sent to me. I just really sort of linked into their names. That's how I did it.
Speaker 3: All right, cool, Oh okay, let's see they know what you're what you're getting then.
Speaker 9: First of all, okay, well what I've done is I've taken all the contenders and I've just wrote a little bit of a piece about each one. So I'll be quite brief because i know we're short on times.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 9: No, well, I've actually i've actually, you know, gone down to the eight. So you know, I've done a short list of eight.
Speaker 3: For you and you're going to predict you're going to try and put it then, who's going to be the trife?
Speaker 9: Try and predict. That's what we discussed you today, So I'm going to try and predict. Okay, So I've just got certain ladies' names here that I'm going to put now on here. So we're going to go through eight of them, and then I'm going to give you the final three.
Speaker 3: How does that sound perfect, sir? Yes?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay. So Lianne Willoughby, Louis Liamn Willoughby. I feel that she's a really good contender, but she's closed, but she's not going to quite make it. Yes, yep, okay, A really great contender that if I was there on Saturday and i'd I'd be really sort of barracking to this person I think would be Lee Brown.
Speaker 5: Lee Brown yea known as the Fossil. She's forty seven, she reckons she can kick it forty meters.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know. Well I'm getting a real strong feeling about her, so I hope she's listening. Okay, Catherine, what I'm must say as well? When I when I picked up this morning and I was reading about all these ladies, I think you've got a great sort of a show of ladies there. I think it's going to be really good fun. I really do. I think all their energies are all you know, sometimes you get in these things that people get a little bit, you know. Yeah, Punchy, I feel it's going to be a really good day.
Speaker 3: Yeah Evans, everyone, it's gonna be a good day to be punch and the dress rooms before herd pies fan kicking off or something. Anyway, let's go just go through some of the other senses there.
Speaker 9: We've got a couple of Catherine Evans. Yes, she's going to participate, but I think she's going to be disappointed in herself.
Speaker 3: Starts up the psychic, be disappointed in herself. Oh you're on the way home. Okay, yeah, please, this is brilliant.
Speaker 9: You don't want any more. You don't want any more bad news.
Speaker 3: You just give us what any don't fail.
Speaker 9: To Dawn Claire Davis. I have no idea how how old Claire Davis is, because I'm not looking at fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Claire Claire Zaley is her nickname.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, I feel it's not going to be happening for her, and I've just put in brackets age.
Speaker 3: A damning indictment there for poor Claire Davis.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, okay, do you do you know anything about these ladies at all? Or is this no?
Speaker 3: No, no, you just go through the names and getting home.
Speaker 9: All right, one that's really coming up. And I think she's got great potential.
Speaker 10: Browin Wallace.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, when the first spoke to Lebron she calls herself, right, I.
Speaker 9: Think she's got I think she's got great potential. But let's wait till we get to the end, because there's more news then at the end of this, so so don't play the bets yet.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: Brenda Arnell a really really really great sport, good fun, A really great sport and good fun. Yeah, great the bar afterwards, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: Vickie Kavana would love to be up there, she'd really love to do it. But again, I think it's use. I think it's age that's going to go against her.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's known as the Cavs. She's sixty two, reckon, she can hoo fit twenty meters right, Okay, Well.
Speaker 9: Let's wait and see, Okay, all right, kay Price yep, yeah, Okay, I feel that she I don't know what she does, but she's a really busy lady, and I think she's just got lack of time to practice to really give it all. Yeah, but I just think she's got other stuff happening as well. But she's going to be there, okay. Jane Park again, another contender. I think she's just doing it as for fun to participate.
Speaker 3: Thing known as parking. She's fifty four.
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, right here, let's go for this. Then this is where I'm up to now. Sharon Ball yep, Okay, don't know what she's known as. I didn't really read.
Speaker 3: Known as shaz fighting named Shazza.
Speaker 9: All right, high estimation of this lady. She's a really good bet, guys, So I think if I was coming along there, I'd be probably putting some money on here. Sharon Ball, Okay, look out for that one.
Speaker 8: Julie Allen.
Speaker 9: She wants to participate. But again it's more about the participation than the winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, but if that.
Speaker 5: It feels like it's because we're up against time a bit hit, or it feels like we've got a good read on a load of them.
Speaker 9: So let's as part can I can I just finish off quickly? Denise Canizari, great potential, Great potential. Denise Canazzali and Francis Hayward. I think she's a dark horse. She can do better than expected. That the top three, I've gone Denise Sharon.
Speaker 5: And Lee Denise Sharon Lee the top three. Yes, two last questions then, because.
Speaker 3: We've got to go.
Speaker 5: But listen, Dormers has been great. First of all, how far do you think they're going to kick it? Do you think it would be more? Do you think someone will get fifty or thirty to forty or forty to fifty?
Speaker 3: What do you get? The bill?
Speaker 9: About forty seven forty seven? So you've got somebody in there that's really good. So I've got to now go back and have a look and see it with Sharan Ball because I think i'd like to hear about her more. Anyway, anyway, we'll chat again.
Speaker 3: Okay, I take this in one last one. The name Gavin Miller. He's a presenter here and he's called in sick? Is he? Is he sick today? Dawn?
Speaker 5: What are you getting for Gavin Miller? Gold one or four point three is drive time host?
Speaker 9: I think he's just taking some time out.
Speaker 3: We better go, We better go. You're going to get us in trouble. Okay, Dawn, lovely talk to you lovely. Alright, don If people want to find out more about your speech to you, where they go?
Speaker 9: Okay? Then all right, what did you say? Then?
Speaker 3: Do people want to speak to you? Where did they go? If you've got a website sor right?
Speaker 9: Okay, so to w WW dot Psychic Medium, dawn dot com. That's my world Wide Web and my email address is Dawn Cleary at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thank you very much. Love to talk to your third eye as well.
Speaker 8: Okay, take care, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Week two of this The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows ten weeks of tickets. Every morning at seven thirty am, you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town. Last week sending you to fail Connins Live. This week it's the Royal Melbourne Show coming up over the next eight more weeks on ten weeks of tickets, bon Jovie Tickets, Red Hot Summer, Kevin Hart Live, all big shows in Melbourne. We've got your tickets every single morning on the Breakfast Show at seven point thirty This week though it is all about this weekend. It starts to Raw Melbourne Show sun Time look at this price. Then the Royal Melbourne Show this Saturday twenty second to the.
Speaker 5: Second of October unforgettable. We've got a family past, the four of you right passes, food bounces, parking passes and the highly covered gold one oh four point three showbag.
Speaker 3: It's all yours.
Speaker 5: Jack is live on the showground right now. It's going to delve into a celebrity showbag.
Speaker 3: You gotta listen to the clues work out who.
Speaker 2: It is, Hey, Jackie, there mate, Hello Christian. I've been coming down here all week, but the atmosphere now is really starting to build at the Melbourne Show.
Speaker 3: I could feel it. I could feel it, and I have a little wonder round so we can hear you know, some of the stalls go. I guess getting ready shore.
Speaker 7: Of course, before I go to the showbag store, I'll just walk around, walking around now around the show.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, where is that is that? The guess the way of the pig store.
Speaker 2: That's the pig store. Yes, your favorite pig out weekend.
Speaker 3: Do you know who's going to be there the recent why they call it the Raw show? Harry?
Speaker 5: You know he's coming over to Melbourne. He's actually going to be there this weekend. He's doing the guests The Way of the Pig. He's running the store with me.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Will Meghan be their author?
Speaker 3: Christian? Yes? Yes, I think she's working on the ferrets.
Speaker 2: Guess the way of a ferret?
Speaker 3: Yep? What's that?
Speaker 7: It's this year.
Speaker 2: That's one of the pterodactyls overhead, terodactyl.
Speaker 3: Terodactyl. What I said, play along with the sound effects dactyl? Was he going to make her this? It's a blue weld, Christian?
Speaker 2: That's the will we mammon?
Speaker 3: All right? What are the clues? Delve into a celebrities bag?
Speaker 2: Whose celebrity showbag? Am I looking through? The first thing in the show bag is a Beatles song?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like a single? A Beatles single? The second item is legal documents? Oh what are these for?
Speaker 7: Legal documents? And the third and final thing in this week's Today's Celebrity showbag is a Sherlock Holmes book.
Speaker 2: Why would that be in there?
Speaker 3: That's not producer bout crying because these are not the clues we discussed just three minutes ago. What's the legal documents come from Theodactyl.
Speaker 2: That I just didn't give you all the clues when they gave you.
Speaker 3: We drive time and gas not in today, we'd have to do his show. We'll still be taking guesses, all right, So legal documents, a.
Speaker 2: Beatles song and the Sherlock Holmes book.
Speaker 3: I know it is, and I'm confused.
Speaker 2: What's what celebrity showbag? Am I looking in?
Speaker 3: One four three lines are open now if your guess is the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four points.
Speaker 3: Right now though on ten wents of tickets. It's all about the Royal Melbourne Show.
Speaker 5: We have your tickets, VIP tickets, it's a family pass, you get the parking, food vouchers, the gold one oh four point three showbag. All of us get another chance tomorrow morning at seven thirty each say this week Jack live from the showground and you're trying to work out who the celebrity is he's delving through their showbag.
Speaker 3: Jack is still there at the showgrounds.
Speaker 7: I'm still down here, Christian looking at all the sights and sounds of the show.
Speaker 3: There. Yeah, and get by the peak. Teradat will still with us, Yeah, flying overhead, Yeah, I get here.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to show them away from the pigs.
Speaker 5: Wow, well, all right, then let's take some guesses. Bridget, good morning morning, Good morning, Ridget. And who do you think celebrity is?
Speaker 8: Robert Downey Jr.
Speaker 2: What makes you think that he is? In the Sherlock Holmes movies. But it's not Robert Downey Jr.
Speaker 3: All right, and those clues again? Then, so it was was it a shirt at Holme's book.
Speaker 2: Or Sherlock Holmes book legal documents and a Beatles song all in the celebrity Showbager? Which which celebrity is it?
Speaker 3: Catherine?
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning Christian and saying how you're doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're great. I hope you're well this morning. Who do you think it is?
Speaker 9: I think it's John Farnham.
Speaker 3: Oh why do you think that? I generally want to know now.
Speaker 9: He did a version of Help by the Beatles. His career was so far down in the depths in the eighties you needed a detective to find us.
Speaker 3: Who are we? Fancie Burner from Catherine.
Speaker 8: In Chile.
Speaker 2: It's certainly not John Barnham.
Speaker 3: But Catherine, you call this show anytime. You're a live wire. You're what we need in the morning. You are great.
Speaker 5: I'm going to send you something. It's not the right answer, but I will send you something, all right, okay, all right, thanks Lork Catherine.
Speaker 3: All right, Alex, are you on mate? Pretty good? Alex? Who do you think it is?
Speaker 6: I reckon it's Michael Jackson?
Speaker 2: What oh how did you get there? Well, the Sherlock homes because the mystery surrounding his death, the Beatles songs because he bought the Beatles albums, and a.
Speaker 3: Leg very I'm sorry you worried about that terry dapse. We'll get that big hair of yours. It's not Michael Jackson, but good guess response units down there, Shane, good morning, good morning, good morning. And who do you think it is?
Speaker 2: I think it's Jude Law walk us through it.
Speaker 7: The Beatles song.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Law of the legal document and.
Speaker 3: He was in Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 2: You got three out of three correct clues.
Speaker 3: Wow, Lord past to go to the Raw Melbourne show. You have a great time there. Okay, thank you very much. All Right, Jack you better make it back quickly, mate, because we've got the isolated track. It's Bruce Springsteen coming up the other side of the news. All right, I'll do it back over Thank You Live one the Christian.
Speaker 1: Oh' connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I look forward to doing this every single week Thursday morning, just after the eight o'clock news and on Gold one oh four point three on the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, we play a little bit of this.
Speaker 5: It's an isolated track. You can find loads of these. You can waste a lot of good time on the YouTube. A Lord have you been doing that? You've never heard of them before? And what we do every single Thursday. It's an isolated track, which means it's just a vocal track from a song that we all love, probably a song you've heard a million times, but when you strip it back and just hear the vocal performance, you're shocked at the power. You feel the song in a different way. And we've had Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, some of the best rock and roll voices around, and today I'm really excited because it's one of my favorites. It's Bruce Springsteen. It is the Boss, This is Him to Him, Born to Run, which is one of my favorite songs. So we play the isolated track, and then we play the actual original song as well.
Speaker 4: Have it.
Speaker 3: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Whenever you hear him singing, he's never phoning it in the Boss, even if you're not a big Mega fan, but he's one of those voices to me, which is all hot. Whenever you hear Springsteen that raspy vocal, it's so distinctive, but it's all heart to me.
Speaker 2: Have it.
Speaker 3: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: You think you've heard Born to Run, Now listen to this this week's isolated vocal.
Speaker 3: In the day we swear it out.
Speaker 13: On the streets of a runaway American dream head night we read some mansions of glory in suicide machines sprung from cages on hallween Land Droumwheel, feel injected and step it.
Speaker 3: Out over line leaving this town ribs the bones from your back. It's a death trap. It's a suicide rap. We gotta get out, o couse tramps like us. Maybe we were born around there you go. This week's isolated track, That is greatness the Boss Bruce Springsteen, and here is Born to Run Gold one A four point three Good morning. It's to Christian in O'Connell breakfast Show. Turn this up. Loud. It's the only way to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: I was just asking Jack, if you could be any any single the band for me, it would always be Springsteen. I uh, lucky enough to see them live a couple of times, big shows, epic shows. It's so you in that hypothetical, do you become Bruce Springsteen just in front of the You know, I'm with my band, The East Street Band got nails to the left of me. You know, Miami, Steve van zandt It got Max Weinberg on the skins.
Speaker 7: You know why I wouldn't choose Bruce Springsteen because he does those famous three hour long sets.
Speaker 3: That's so I based my whole four hour breakfast show, not a three hour bookshow on, you know, on the Springsteen of breakfast radio. You know you if you could be leading any who would be for you? If you could be leading of any band?
Speaker 7: My favorite old time band is Green Day.
Speaker 3: Yep, I think I'd do that. Let me guess Adams and actually in his skin?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I would be inside his skin, but.
Speaker 3: No, let the face stop it.
Speaker 6: I'd have to say Michael Hutchins for this one. Oh it sex on his stick.
Speaker 3: What they said about him, he was to watch. He was a stick, don't know, basting goodness, nose, immaculate conception.
Speaker 6: So you can have his skin back in your cage beds.
Speaker 5: All right, Time for this week's Time for this week's Internet history, where we go around the team have a look at what been Google in the last twenty four hours. I'll go first, then, full disclosure, I did genuinely look at this because of what was coming out of America yesterday. We live in a time of too much information. Last week, I didn't need to know superl McCartney about what the Beatles did in their downtime.
Speaker 3: Well, John and Paul, we didn't need to know. Okay, we did not need to know that. Too much information.
Speaker 5: But now it's Pete with Stormy Daniels telling the world about Donald Trump. And he's not exactly a Trump Tower.
Speaker 3: So when you say you looked it up, because she's saying that his you know, his genitalia, it's less than average, we get it now. I mean that's a guy with a painfully small penis. That's where behaves like that. I get it. She said, it's like a mushroom and reminded her of a character from super Mario cart. So I started googling super Mario cart.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you what right, you know we're worried about, you know, the supermarkets and the decline themselves and strawberries. I reckon, mushrooms are going to be hit by this. I was going to have a mushroom azotto last night for tea, and that new Stormy Downners has put me right off it. Too much information, so that's what I look. Yes, they super Mario can't online, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What is it about the presence of America as well? The men that we know too much about their Bill Clinton Trump? Yeah, we know we know too much about that kind of area. We do not need to know.
Speaker 5: I reckon inauguration. They should have to hand it over because they only get into trouble in that office, don't.
Speaker 8: They What.
Speaker 7: A photo of it?
Speaker 5: No, the actual, the whole thing, the whole thing should be removed. I mean, you know, look at transferred up to look at Clinton did it's too much power.
Speaker 7: That would show that they're really dedicated in the role.
Speaker 5: You know what the inauguration, they got one hand on the Bible, the other hand on their thingy and they hand it over, and you know, it's just safer for everyone.
Speaker 7: It's not that, it's not just like get detached with one movement.
Speaker 5: Now, come on with surgery these days, I'm sure you could get one like that, you know, go down Bunnings and get some equipment or something that sausage and anyway, all right, perhaps.
Speaker 3: What have you been googling?
Speaker 4: Oven clean is Western suburbs. So it's barbecue season coming up. They had a big spring clean in the backyard. An what did you find a dead rat in our barbecue?
Speaker 3: I thought I saw you chewing on a tail this Morning Star after the five thirty headlines full of protein. It was jerking at the time. Actually, don't think it was dead five minutes on the barbie.
Speaker 4: So Chris reckons that you know, you can get people to come out to clean your ovens, and so he reckons a good sort of blast with the water blaster will be.
Speaker 3: Jet wash it. Yeah, but if I broke it like it takes, it did something to some of the rings and stuff like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the in lit vowves because you know that. Yes, it's amazing when she's fire up that jet washer.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: He does everything and everything. Yeah, but no, I think I think it's a council collection job. Myself.
Speaker 6: I think we need a new barbie.
Speaker 7: I tend to agree, just because next time you're cooking on it, no matter how well it's cleaned, you're going to think.
Speaker 3: Of that rat. No, all the heat you turn it on and you get the the heat will take care of that, will burn it off. It's just another meat protein sauce.
Speaker 7: So you think, keep the rat in there and just cremate it.
Speaker 5: Jesus it would have added to it about that some hitses somewhere. I'm going to open up a place now called Dead Rat.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: We're doing our Internet history where we go around the team finding out what'll we been googling?
Speaker 3: Jack? What is it for you? What have you been googling the last twenty four hours?
Speaker 7: I got two things. One of them's a bit gross. So if you want to hear both or just the one.
Speaker 5: What a great inviote doesn't want to be grossed out a half eight in the morning. End with the gross just because it's really bad, I can hit the ads.
Speaker 7: I'll give you the pleasant one. Firstly, do either of you do this. I will read a book and then Google maps a location in the book to get a vibe of where the location is.
Speaker 3: If you've been a bit of fiction about a city somewhere in the world.
Speaker 7: So this last night it was Kingston, New York. So I'm going to street street view and then i drive along the streets for a bit to get a feeling of the kind of houses there and where my characters are living.
Speaker 3: No, I've never done that. I've never done that, but that's cute. I think that's a good thing to do.
Speaker 7: Now, the grass one.
Speaker 3: I had a super Mario car? Is it in trump?
Speaker 7: It's not that bad. I had a waxy build up.
Speaker 3: In my ear. Come on, you're kidding me. You've got an air problem. Go and get them syringed.
Speaker 7: Did so? Bianka did the syringe for me?
Speaker 3: Which is what kind of gameplays that between you know, a young couple.
Speaker 6: Did it involve a monkey mask?
Speaker 7: It wasn't sexual in any way. We got the over the counter syringe where you just put it in water, squeeze it.
Speaker 3: Up, and then she squirts an the way that Jack explains everything how a syringe works. The syringe you speaker.
Speaker 7: So she's squirting it in, but the waxy build ups.
Speaker 3: So then I hurt your ear drum doing I told her.
Speaker 7: To go harder because I could sense it coming, but she had to push harder, so she pushed.
Speaker 3: Really, what are they talking about on gold?
Speaker 7: So the little almond sized ball of wax pops out, so she gets it. But you know, now that was that was two days ago. Now I've got some sort of ear infection and I've been googling.
Speaker 3: What I might seem to do is because we wear headphones a lot, your the tensils of your inner ear become over activated. You get more wax. So I every six months go and get micro suction. And that's what a thing a guy wants to boast about.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I need macro suction. I mean they need high you know in justice equipment. No, it's it's they stick a tiny hoover in the ear and they and they drag it out like the dentists how they china like the eye of a needle. But it's a tiny hoof, No, my wax was too big for the eye. I'm telling you it's great, and then they show it to you. It's amazing. It is.
Speaker 7: It is disgusting, but it's kind of all out on the other side, is anyway, I think I got an ear infection so might not come in tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Ah, No, you're here. We got what Gavin Miller's gone wrong with him.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four points for you.
Speaker 5: Two days to go until our big Grand Final live nine p thirty if you want to get there at nine thirty to the vu Whitnoval the kennel and got all the grands, over one hundred of entered.
Speaker 3: Quite a few have dropped out through injury. Blessed them.
Speaker 5: They've been training hard, kicking hard. We're trying to find out which one of the grands can kick the ball the furthest The winning grand gets one thousand dollars and thanks for the pancake Parlor who've just released their new menu Delicious Kids Pancakes now f under nine dollars eight dollars ninety. The winning grand also gets a for a year, they get a free pancout, so free dollar, a free week from the pancake parlor.
Speaker 3: There you go, now pick it up.
Speaker 5: Get a free bankick every week for a year from the pancake parlor, and they get a beautiful weekend.
Speaker 3: Try at Peninsula Hot Springs as well. Got this big break this weekend as well. They're as well. If you want to go and do something nice there Wellness weekend starting Saturday. So we'd like you to come along and cheer the grands on.
Speaker 5: There's going to be free pancakes for you if you're coming along just to check, doesn't matter if your grand's not voltage, come and cheer.
Speaker 3: See what happens. We'll litill be there.
Speaker 5: We'll be hanging around if you'll come and chat and say hi. We'd love to meet you all. V you wittnoval get them about nine point thirty. First kick is at ten am.
Speaker 3: All grannies get one kick each and then they all get whittled down to ten. We reset like you do with the grand Final. What happened before doesn't matter, and they have to have another It's all on that one kick down at eight. Yeah, and we've got to be honest. Are we going to tell them what we've been up to in the last twenty minutes. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know because I don't want to spoil it. If there's some terms and conditions that we're not allowed to bet on the grounds.
Speaker 5: If you and I right were secret agents and we're caught behind enemy lines, even when they go put your hands up, you told them what we were doing there, and I'm going.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, we're just tourist loss. No we're not actually spies. Are we going to talk about No? We shouldn't otherwise because we exactly we sports bet.
Speaker 5: Have got odds, various odds on the grounds and will from sports Bet was on last week and we have bet on the grounds. We haven't been putting any money on a particular grand, but we have been putting a certain I put two hundred dollars on one certain bet.
Speaker 7: It's a sure thing for me.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get a phone called my wife. She has this app that there's any suspicious activity and it will be during the Breakfast show. Why am I gambling? Why am I spending two hundred dollars during the Reakforce show. I have put a two hundred dollar bet in one of the categories so of you should we say what.
Speaker 7: It is then so that other people can do it.
Speaker 3: Let's say it we're going to go to prison. What are prisons like?
Speaker 7: It's the it's the over on the bed. So it's paying a dollar eighty five to be over eighteen.
Speaker 3: This is it, road trader.
Speaker 7: I think it's a certainty.
Speaker 3: There is a category at sports bet. Obviously we're not encouraging gambling. Please gamble responsible. Okay, however there is there are no shore bets. However, for the lungers, is your fault? Over eighteen meters eighteen?
Speaker 7: Granny's training and already shown us they can kick thirty meters eighteen.
Speaker 3: It's going to alter all the odds. Now they're all going to go and do this. They're going to want the slices action. Then they're going to come kicking the doors. And what if the grounds don't do eighteen meters plus? They will, I believe. Also imagine they don't you. And if you go nuts and go get out there and kick a age, I don't care if it's midnight, stop righting house on alone. Anyway, we shouldn't have said anything. This is your fault.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I don't feel very good about what's going on moving on from that. I just feel this is just grubby, you know. I mean, there's been more talk off air on this Breakfast show about betting on these grannies. You know, I'm now going to be watching what happens on the big days of Masters Sementies and just not going to breathe the cyber if.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be really twitch it until one of them gets over eighteen point five. Then you and I are going to go, Yes, I haven't finished. We don't know who's won, it doesn't matter we.
Speaker 7: Won, and I'm measuring so.
Speaker 3: I promise you this. It's all above board. Okay, it's all above board. But if people are wondering at sports Bet are offering some various different categories and odds. If you type in novelty, we're under novelty on sports Bet. I'm looking at it now. You've got right at the top there on novelty. I'm very proud of this Christian's Grand Finals. Top of novelty, we're above.
Speaker 5: Prince Harry and Meghan markle nab in the First Child Alien Contact and for some reason, Collinwood is there under novelty the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: The odds have chat drastically changed through so a huge flux of betting in the last half an hour.
Speaker 5: The odds have changed, of course, gamble responsibly. All right, you wondering what's this happened? I don't want to go back into it. You can just for context.
Speaker 7: You can bet on the Grand Final this weekend. Grand's kicking as long as they can. We found a loophole. It's not loophole.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no no, no, no, no no, avoid the word loopholes. It's all legit, all the shit.
Speaker 7: Just we thought they were offering good money for kicking it over eighteen meters, which we know some of the grands already can kick thirty forty Exactly.
Speaker 3: You've seen this information, you've seen some of the training video. So we've just put a little side bet on how far they kick it. Now the odds have been slashed. Is that so?
Speaker 7: Is that from people who listen to the show going and betting on it.
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 7: It drops the odds. Yeah, okay, well congrats if you got on early. It's free money.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: No, all right, today's that work time waster. I'm going be so tense during this now until they kick over eighteen all right, today's time. Noel Gallagher of Oasis and now Noel Gallagher and is High Flying Birds, brilliant storyteller. This is great news doing a book about his time in Oasis with his brother Liam. So today we're looking for band books, rock band books, combining a band with a book. Have you got on with these? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I got I got two.
Speaker 2: I like four.
Speaker 3: I've been busied last half an hour moving funds around various accounts. I've got Frankie Stein goes to Hollywood.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 3: Slaughter House Jackson five? What because you don't know the Kurt Vonnegut book and the Old Man and the Seer?
Speaker 7: Is that good?
Speaker 3: Is a Brian Hemyway? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Charlie and the C and C Music Factory. Nice Bruce Lord of the Ringsteins, No way, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, you can't be happy with that, Bruce Lord of the Ringsteins. It's like a dirty kind of tribute band, Billy Bible, Billy Bibe. No, I love it, I take it back now. That's the one to meet folks. Can you top that?
Speaker 5: Combine a rock and roll band with a book title? Billy Bible is genius. Take the rest of this week off to leave the studio there all right? Then Texas yours combining a book with a band? Text them through oh four seven five.
Speaker 1: Three, one oh four three The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Today's that work time waste that we go to the world of literature and rock and roll. Noel Gallagher, formerly of Oasis, whether as wether Liam is writing a book. Loads are behind the scenes photos as well. I can't wait for this bout's time. If you'd him a couple of times, tis one of the best, Probably him and Bono the best storytellers there are to interview.
Speaker 3: Noel could be a static comedian if he does live a lot of authors now they're doing these live shows hills he doing. He's a stand up but those will be those will sell out. He's a really, really naturally funny guy. Anyways, writing a book.
Speaker 5: So today's at work time Wasster asked you to combine a book title with a rock and roll band. Now, first time ever our boss has actually sent me a text, whether that work time waster. I ask you to mark it as sporadically and as nonsensically as you do the ones I read out from the listeners, not nonsensically or often.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense your marketing. If you don't understand it, you mark it down. If it's a movie you haven't seen, you punished them.
Speaker 7: It would be dishonest if I mark them and didn't get the joke.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ben Folds five go off camping. You know the ni blank books, Famous fun.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Sue, I do not know the book. I don't know the book.
Speaker 3: I know Ben fob five, Yeah, I love Ben Fold's got new single as well.
Speaker 7: It's a Bronze.
Speaker 3: You's in the office from here. You know how many paces it is.
Speaker 5: You measured it out green eggs and hams become green eggs and wam.
Speaker 3: Danny and Preston, well done. The Doobie Brothers, caramels off.
Speaker 7: Don't know the book. Sorry, sorry, Bronze.
Speaker 5: Sorry, and Malvin, that is really smart. Gold of mye some men at work. You must have heard of that.
Speaker 7: Some men that's better civil plus the.
Speaker 3: Wizard of Ossy osborn.
Speaker 7: Gold plus.
Speaker 3: That is that's the way to do it. Boss. That's some Bretton mill Park. Well done, primus some prejudice. Oh that's great.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 3: Gold plus Emma, well done. AC Dictionary. That's a gold plus all right, that's genius. Though before Jacob and Taylor's hill, I was thinking for ages. Are trying to think of one for ac DC, But a C dictionary is brilliant. Uh if you could understand this one I can't get. I appreciate them. Try the crowbar in hold of notes, but to holder notes a mockingbird, I mean to killing mocking burd, but to horning oaks and mocking bird. I love that. Oh my god, Gold gold plus plus plus.
Speaker 7: It's unmarkable.
Speaker 5: My kinder Long, I'll give you an honorary gold for to hauler Oaks and mocking Bird. Iron Handmaid in Tawl, very good, iron Man.
Speaker 7: Ah yes, yes, too much, confusing, still friendly.
Speaker 3: Too smart for Shawn and Ocean growth storm boy, George smart.
Speaker 7: That's my favorite so far. Gold double plus.
Speaker 5: Libby always has good stuff. The line the Witch and the Dandy Warholes.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 7: Gold double plus.
Speaker 3: Charlie and the Hot Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 7: These are all great gold plus.
Speaker 3: Let's make that last one. Well done, great work everyone, Thank you The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold four point three.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows Grand Final Brand you kick it. We're on the search for Melbourne's Grand with the longest kick. This now has got a taint over it and you talk at this now. We have done something shonky. But it's not shonky because it's not. But it feels like we've been betting on the grands.
Speaker 7: That's our shunkiness. The event is still legitimate.
Speaker 3: Absolutely we if.
Speaker 6: We no, no, girl, I'm the clean member of this team.
Speaker 7: The odds are dropping.
Speaker 6: You both should be drug tested.
Speaker 1: With it.
Speaker 3: I'd pass. There's no way he's on you know, he's on something every day on medication. I tell you, didn't you okay? All right, all right then so at the v you went over. That's where we need you to come along. Cheer the grand on this Saturday morning, which one grand can kick them all the furthest they win one thousand dollars also.
Speaker 5: Get down to the pancake parlor. They also get a pancake every single week for a year plus. They get escape to a world of luxury and wellness at Peninsula Hot Springs, Big Prizes.
Speaker 7: This is a bounty.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: We also get a little side bounty as well if they kick over eighteen on the line. Now, then we've got Rachel Rachel, who's from Diamond Valley Trophy Center. Good morning, Rachel, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Rachel.
Speaker 5: Now, Rachel, tell us about what you've been kind enough to be working on over the last couple of weeks that all the grands have been getting something.
Speaker 8: I have done some wonderful little medals for you guys.
Speaker 10: They're a little gold.
Speaker 8: Medals and they've got the gold one over.
Speaker 7: For Lego in them.
Speaker 8: They look amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, that's fantastic. And this is for all the grands that come along and take part on Saturday.
Speaker 10: It's for everyone that participates.
Speaker 7: You know what, This is great because participation medals now for kids are so common, but back in the grand's day, they probably didn't have participation medals.
Speaker 3: You had to kill any kind of medal with your bare hands and nicor elastic. Different world back then. Different well back then. I mean some of them are going to have flashbacks. We've got to be very very careful around them. They're like T and T. These old deers handle with care all right. So they get a medal. And you've also been working on a trophy for the winning grant as well.
Speaker 8: He loved and a lovely big cup.
Speaker 10: It's really quite big. It comes up past my knees.
Speaker 5: That's great because we will see if they can do a shoey and then they can maybe do a little cuppy as well, you know. And also I just want to say thank you very much to a Diamond Valley Trophy Center for doing this. There's a lot of effort work to do all this. I also just want to apologize. Has one of our people, I Huggy, been in your store a lot.
Speaker 10: Huggy has come to see me quite a few times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I've spoken to him about this.
Speaker 5: I've told them that you cannot be demanding money off local businesses anymore. The world has changed, hockey, So you know, I'm sorry about that. Your business is safe if you don't keep up repayments.
Speaker 8: Okay, Oh, thank you glad to hear that.
Speaker 5: And thank you very much for happing us out, and thank you very much the Diamond Valley Trophy Center.
Speaker 1: Good on you not a problem than a right thanks the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, Thank you very much, Melbourne To.
Speaker 5: How about out without your help, there's no way we're doing our Grand final this weekend. Just heard Rachel on making all the medals for every single grand that turns up to have a go this weekend, which is incredible. The banner is ready for all the grands to run through before we have first kick. Thank you to to, thank you too to and that's what they are called, thank you to to, thank you to Rojo Pacific, Rojo Pacific. They've made the banner for us.
Speaker 3: The slogan that you came up with in the end was yeah from a lit Now we might be old, but we're kicking for gold. That's very good. And also we got to thank I mean, there are so many people to thank this radio station. I'm not saying it's tight, but it wouldn't even pay for one hundred oranges for the grounds. How bad is that? I mean, come on, office fruit group, we actually go around begging for oranges.
Speaker 7: Which are the people out in sales? Has got the orange.
Speaker 3: They're hitting? Bonus.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much to Office Fruit Group for providing your match day oranges.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: I'm not entirely sure whether we're going to be in prison or here on air tomorrow morning because of what's gone on in the last hour and a half.
Speaker 7: Surely we won't go to prison till at least after the event.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow morning. It's all about all requests.
Speaker 5: Friday last chance to when Vip family passed the tickets to go to the Rawal Melbourne show and it is the countdown to the Grand Finals Saturday morning at the VU Wittenoval. Well hope you can get their free pancakes free coffee from nine p thirty first kick ten am.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow morning. Title of today's show is Good Morning Patrick.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.