Speaker 1: Laura, come on, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 2: Hello Thursday team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heading the chemist warehouse today. Great savings every day. What a show we got for you? What's going on? Everyone's freaking out.
Speaker 2: For one second, I forgot what day of the week.
Speaker 3: Laura looked at me like she's like, wow, you just mixed up the days. That was what her internal mon said. And I was like and then, but then you made me think And I even had to look up at the day on the clock.
Speaker 2: There was literally my eyes, my eyes lit up and I was like, who am I? Where am I? Well, it's Thursday, running on no sleep, no sleep again. My two year old has just decided that night time is not her time. I'll do my best, try your best.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 2: You can expect.
Speaker 1: Well, Celeste Barber is here.
Speaker 2: She is amazing. I'm so excited to interview less Barbara. Well.
Speaker 4: I knew her new series, Well Meme here is out.
Speaker 2: And it's like this fitness.
Speaker 3: Well, she's got to get a visa for America, so she has to pass a medical because she's not fit or healthy enough.
Speaker 2: So it's all it's a shit.
Speaker 3: She has to do to get fit and healthy to pass the medical to get to America.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, Well we'll get Celest on next. Also, I don't want to bring things down, but if you are a woman with Palpin Care, we need you on the pickup. We're doing an investigation. I've spoken to Ali Land and I know all your current affair tactic.
Speaker 2: The current fairs on it. Sixty minutes, everyone's on it. Yeah, this is really gadgets on it.
Speaker 1: We're doing an investigation pickup style on the show today. You guys okay with that? I'm all for it? All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got my gloves on. Yeah why just because of dirt and germs?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: All right, well bridge gloves on. We'll investigate. It continues next with celest Barber on the way at the pickup. It's the pick up Thursday on Kiss Britt, Laura and Mitch get ahead of the spread this flu season with annual flu vaccinations available at Chemists Warehouse only nineteen ninety nine. So jealous, you guys got to hang out with Celeste Barber?
Speaker 2: We did. Isn't she just fantastic? She's truly a very funny woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she went viral a couple of years ago, got famous because she would mock celebrities, ridiculous interest parody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to know if she's had any backlash, Like, have there been any celebrities that have gotten annoyed by her parodying them?
Speaker 1: She's got a brand new Netflix series out, well Mania. Let's roll you too with Celeste Barber.
Speaker 3: Celeste Barber, huge fans here. We've stalked you for a very long time on the ground, do.
Speaker 5: We How did you get in? If you've stalked me, how did you get in?
Speaker 3: It's stalking because I've definitely slid into the DMS a few times.
Speaker 2: That's talking.
Speaker 5: It's a mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what have you said?
Speaker 3: Well a love you be love you see? Can you come on the podcast? Maybe now she'll have to because it's like on the spot.
Speaker 2: We're waiting for the reply still, but that's fine. In well Mania, you're playing the character of Live who goes and has a whole lot of crazy things done in the world of wellness. But in your actual life, what is the wildest thing that you have done in you know, the bid for health.
Speaker 5: I had emergency open heart surgery when I was twenty five, and a year after that I had to get a clonic because it was all full on. That's the weirdest thing I had to do. And it's that thing where you're like, you can't eat sugar, you can't eat anything that tastes good, donat it, anything that makes you feel good about yourself, donate it. Just you know, breathe through your mouth. That's all you can do. Then I got a chlonic and I will never do it again.
Speaker 3: So if you have had open heart surgery, how much of a connection do you have to live? Did you go down this track in real life of just trying to live your healthiest life?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: The thing is because when we meet this character of Live, it's not as though she's halfway through a wellness journey and we're kind of just picking up halfway through. She is treating her body like an amusement park. She has absolutely no intentions on stopping living the life that she's living in New York and killing it as an amazing journalist and all that thing thing it happens to her that she has to reassess. So I kind of was like, I don't actually have to do too much wellness because she hasn't. And I method like that. I mean, I stayed in BONDI for two weeks prior to filming, and I just watched everyone else do it, and I was just like drinking, you know, a cocktail and going, you guys are doing it. I'm just doing research. I get it now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is for anyone who's not across it. But you do some of the most hilarious parodies of celebrities and it is almost a way of being like, if a normal person was doing the poses that a rich, skinny, hot person was doing, this is what it would look like. Where did that inspiration come from to start with?
Speaker 5: One of the reasons I started mainly because you know, I wanted to make people laugh, and I thought, you know, social media came around and it was a way to reach the world, and I wanted to work more as an actor, and I was like, I can put this out there. I can show that I'm funny and I don't know what I'm doing. When it came around at that time, the images that I started parodying were being shown to us as every day as this is what normally happens, and it was heavily curated. That whole body shaming industry really started to kick off, you know, was so media backing it. I was like, no, no, this isn't good. This is going to cut through. And you know we're on our phones. I remember, you know, having my kid and just like three in the morning looking at photos, going I hate myself. The line between looking good and feeling good it was getting so blurred. So was that thing of going, oh, I feel really good, and you know social media is like that's great, but you don't look like this. You think, okay, well it doesn't matter then. And I said that on my first stand up show, my first world tour that I did. I was like, I don't support any products that make women feel that we need to look a certain way to feel a certain way. They are different things. Wellness and body shaming, wellness and diet culture a different worlds. And when they started to blur, I was like, no, no, no, no, I got something to say about this.
Speaker 2: And what's next for you? What are we going to see after this?
Speaker 5: I'm going to lie down flat for a while and.
Speaker 2: On the floor here. At least you're a trip. Everyone will know exactly that through So thank you so much. You are an absolute delight. Congratulate and we can't wait to see the whole show.
Speaker 5: Slip back into my DM.
Speaker 1: This is fine, funny, funny. You can get well Mania on Netflix now. I'm gonna go watch that.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think, all right, Mitchelle, what's this investigation? We're all doing.
Speaker 2: This music.
Speaker 1: You get my smy glass. I'm putting on my fedora. There is an international mystery happening in Australia right now, and I think we, as a national radio show, can help the cause. If you are a woman with pale, pink hair in this country, we are looking for you.
Speaker 4: There are some more specifics, but yes, oh.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the details in the nitty gritty. I'm gonna get my cigar. No, actually, I've got a pipe and my fedora and the pick up investigation will continue next he is the pickup. Welcome to Thursday afternoon, right around the country. Britt, Laura and Mitch head into chemist warehouse today, great savings every day. There is a mystery going on in this nation and I'm gonna get you guys across it. We're on the hunt. We're on the lookout. Overnight, Oh dear, pink poster has appeared on a telegraph pole in Sydney with a handwritten note plasted in the middle of the city. Online people are conflicted, is this cool? Is this okay? Or is this creepy? This is what the note says, Taped to a lamp post. The pink piece of paper red you, pale, pink hair, leopard, pink top, effortlessly beautiful, stood in this approximately situation at seven pm last Friday. Me. I'm a woman in a black hatchback. Did we miss a moment? So it's a woman looking for another woman that she believes she had a moment with a week ago in that very spot.
Speaker 3: She's also strapped this note to the pole in it's like in a laminatee.
Speaker 2: So she really wants this to last the weather. She wants to find it. My question is there's no number. Is she going to miss another moment?
Speaker 1: Though there is an email address on the bottom, we've cut it off here for privacy purposes.
Speaker 2: Fair enough.
Speaker 3: I like that we've got the privacy purposes, but also we're trying to find.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're not going to out this person because we do know their email address. I'm in contact with this woman. I'm trying to help it because this is why we're talking about it. I want to find this woman. It is also going viral on a community Facebook page. It was posted thousands of comments, someone saying this is romance at its best. I hope serendipity brings them together.
Speaker 2: No, it's not romance.
Speaker 4: Someone else says, sorry, sounds creepy to me. I hope she stays away from this shallow person.
Speaker 3: Now I'm going to chime in here. I don't think this is creepy. I think this is pretty sweet. I think this is old school. I think it's romantic because the person it's not creepy. She's not following a home. If she really feels like they had a moment, how else are you going to reach out to that person?
Speaker 4: What if this is her person and she never knows. I think it's okay.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I feel like there's so many people out there that it kind of is a little bit obsessive that you just saw someone standing on the side of a sidewalk that you then went and made a poster and put it there for them to see it, hoping that they're going to trace their steps or something. I don't know. I feel like it's a little bit clingy for such a missed opportunity I.
Speaker 1: Think it's also so sad because the odds of them not seeing that poster are very high. But the fact that it's now gone viral online and they still haven't reached out because.
Speaker 2: They didn't have a moment. No, maybe that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: I think the pale haired girl in with pink hair and the leopards and the leopard shirt has seen this, but she doesn't think they will.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's seen it. I do not think she's seen it, but I think she is going to because of people like us.
Speaker 1: We're talking about it, how viral is going online.
Speaker 4: But what is wrong with I'm sorry, Maybe it's just me.
Speaker 3: I shoot my shot. I'm about shooting my shot. This woman has shot her shot, and good on her, is what I say.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything against shooting a shot.
Speaker 4: I don't think you do, Laura.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I just think getting obsessed with someone it's not obsessed a little bit obsessed with someone who you saw purely just by driving past and when they were stood at a traffic light, and maybe they you got eye contact or something. I think you're putting a lot eggs in a basket when maybe that other person had absolutely no moment. Yeah, there was no moment.
Speaker 1: It's psychopathic.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I have a friend that was at a bus. Australian was at a bus stop in bus Alona. There was an American on the other side of the road at the bus stop. They looked at each other for five seconds, didn't know each other. Bus came, the American got on, the bus, drove off. They didn't see each other. That they had a moment.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 3: They didn't see each other. They ran into each other in another country two years later, and they got married from that moment, and they both had said, if I could have found you, I would have. So this woman that is with a pale pink care that is looking I think is brilliant.
Speaker 2: They did not get married from that moment. They got married because they had mutual things in common and had shared interest and cared about each other. But they tried to find each other.
Speaker 4: It's my point, from that moment.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of people on buses that have tried to have moments with me and they've just ended up vomiting on my ship. We've all been there. People and buses are lovely, but there's always that one person that's like is they're not going anywhere. They're just on the bus for the joy of riding the bus.
Speaker 2: To try to have a moment with you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm on the wrong busses man, a moment with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, if we get the updates time the investigation, we'll keep you updated. But next on the show, Laura, you finally and come on, Britt, clap your hands. She's finally got laser hair removal. We begged her.
Speaker 3: I've been bringing the chainsaw in every day and I've been begging, like whip a snipper.
Speaker 2: It now got your laser. Yeah. Look, I also had a moment. It didn't go to plan.
Speaker 1: It never does that story. Next of a pickup, You're on the pick up, Britt, Laura and Mitch Hi get ahead of the spread of this flu season with annual flu vaccinations available at Chemists Warehouse only nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Now, Britt, you have been this is something you've been telling me for a long time. It's something that's come up in our friendship for literally years.
Speaker 1: What to wear deodorant? Please?
Speaker 2: Why do you why I would you do that?
Speaker 1: Sorry, concern for one of the issues.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it does have to do with my body functions. But it's not that. So you have been trying to convince me that I should stop waxing, I should stop shaving, and I should go and get laser hair removal.
Speaker 3: Yes, which is funny because I actually need to go get it myself.
Speaker 4: I've been pushing you.
Speaker 1: To get it, but I haven't had a fee the benefits.
Speaker 2: But once you'd had it a few times, you're then bull turkey n you got.
Speaker 3: To keep it up otherwise, like you got to do maintenance. Otherwise over these it comes back. So mine, my maintenance went out the window. Oh but did you go try it?
Speaker 2: Okay? So look it didn't go exactly to plans. So I found a really good deal and there was a special that was happening, and that's why I was like, you know what, today's the day we love a group on. So I bought a pack of three because it was like if you buy three, you've got a discount. It was almost like the third visit.
Speaker 1: Well, buy one shoulder, get the other free.
Speaker 2: No body part. You bought three sessions of laser removal and then you got like, you know, a discount. Think it was almost like a third of the price. Off like one appointment was free.
Speaker 1: Basically is one session on the spot enough to do it? No, you need to get heats.
Speaker 2: So and let's be specific. I'm talking about Mark Bikini line ladies and gentlemen. Is so you know, going a bowl turkey anyway, that's probably too much information.
Speaker 1: Gobble a chicken anyway.
Speaker 2: Can read for Thanksgiving in October Lucky Matthew Johnson. So, okay, I bought the I bought the package. I got the set of three. But the deal with it was is that if you cancel your booking within less than twenty four hours, you lose your entire appointment. So you can't reschedule it. You lose the money.
Speaker 1: It's normal.
Speaker 2: So I made the booking and I went in and you have to like you know, you have to shave, you have to prepare before you go in. So did everything I was told to do and I get in there and the woman was like, oh, you've got quite a tan. So nobody told me that you can't go to laser hair removal and have a tan, because if you have any sort of tan, the laser picks up the melonin in your skin and then it can create like hyperpigmentation and stuff. It can damage your skin. Yeah, you shouldn't be getting it. Yeah. So she was like, well, what would you like to do, because if you leave, you obviously lose the money that you've put into your first appointment. So I got laser removal, but only on the part that was not tanned, and now it has sideburns.
Speaker 3: So what do you mean You just got their part you can't see, and you left the part that you actually needed to be done.
Speaker 4: You did the reverse bermoda triangle I got.
Speaker 2: I got the triangle laser, but then I was like, I'll just come back for the side.
Speaker 1: You got curtain bangs downstairs, you.
Speaker 4: Got, I have a fringe, you got side burns.
Speaker 2: You show us you comfortable, No too much, but pretty much everything that you would normally remove to go to the beach is still there.
Speaker 3: Just the middle fires gonyone. Lucky you're on the dating scene anymore, you would not be only need to get far. Trust me, I didn't get far with that when I showed him the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I've got a handle bars down there, that's a double landing strip.
Speaker 4: Oh you can try again next time.
Speaker 2: Well, I know in the next appointment, I have to go and just get the reverse done to try.
Speaker 1: And even it back up.
Speaker 2: Now, guys, try, that's all that matters.
Speaker 4: It's a thought the count. Well, the reverse for me to triangle is now trendy.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, it's a new fad. Will and what are your up next? To drive you home? We're going to get out of here. On that note, we'll see you tomorrow for Friday by