Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: What was the first big live music show you ever saw? Already had a great one then that Patsy took a toll at Patsy's daughter Audi on Friday seeing Dua Lipa as their first one, which is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: What was it for you, Joe?
Speaker 3: So before I went to the Big Day, which was the first huge bands I saw, I went to the Altham roller Rink to a punk show to see scar band Area seven and I remember rocking up and my mum dropping me off and everybody else was dressed as punks, like mohawks, tattered shirts, leather jackets, and I was in a mambo shirt and parachute pants.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what was it for you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Do you know what it was? Probably when I was working for three and D in the country, we went to Rock a Longer, which was a thing at Yarrawonga every year, which you know in the country. Not many shows came in the country to the country in the late eighties and it was Jimmy Barnes and Boom Crash Opera. Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: The first proper copst I ever went to was actually in excess.
Speaker 2: I was sixteen and like we were saying earlier, just Michael Hutchins as well. They're a brilliant live band, it says, were amazing. But he was a proper It was like your first front man I ever saw, and he had leather trousers on. He was swinging from a vocabol I still remains one of the coolest things I ever saw. Just so a wide eyed sixteen year old and my friend and I traveled up to the Big Smoke to London, so didn't actually live in London, and it was such an exciting time just to see an actual big rock and roll band and they were incredible.
Speaker 4: Carl and Brighter and you're listening to the Christian Know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Sixteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Last week I saw Billy Joel as a fifteen year old at the now demolished Burrs Were Dome in Perth, easily the youngest there. Got my tickets. Can't wait to see him again in a couple of weeks time. Yeah, he's at the ERG. He's not long now, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Daniel.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Alie Anna. Good morning, Hello, hello, hello there. Okay, so, what was the first live show you ever saw.
Speaker 6: The first live show I ever saw was when I was seven. It was twenty thirteen and Mum took me to see Kiss, Motley Crue and Finn Lizzie at Eddie Had Stadium.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's an amazing three great bands to see that and you were very young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember much from it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 6: I remember it being very very loud and trying to stick the ear pugs in my ears and they weren't for holding, and I was getting very frustrated. And we had seats and floor tickets, and I remember dragging Mom up and down the seats when I wanted to sit down, then going oh yeah, no, let's go on the floor. And then we'd go on the floor and then I'd go back up to the seats and she was very annoyed with me.
Speaker 1: And you still go and see shows a mom now, Yeah, we still go.
Speaker 6: We just saw Kiss three times when they came in August. We got floor tickets and then we were able to meet them and get a photo with.
Speaker 4: Them as well.
Speaker 1: Well, you too are amazing. What a great double at you are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just a moment and I so we're pretty pretty close.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's so lovely to hear and that you've still got that joint passion together a live music.
Speaker 1: So what's the next show you'll be seeing together.
Speaker 6: We don't have tickets for anything at the moment.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've got a pair of tickets. Do you want to go and see Rod Stewart live? Rod Stewart Live is amazing.
Speaker 6: I was just talking to mom about this the other day yesterday. I would love to go and see Rod Stewart.
Speaker 2: I've got a pair of Rod Stewart tickets. I'm going to give them to you right now, double passer, go and see them at Rod Laver Arena in March next year. Take mum, have a great time on us.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, thank you so much, Christian.
Speaker 2: That's all right, thanks for corning. I love the passion as well, and I love the relationship we got with your mum as well.
Speaker 1: Have a great day. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. A lovely kid, Anthony, come on him, good morning?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We go?
Speaker 1: So what was the first live show you ever saw?
Speaker 4: I went to see Area seven at like a local Frank and skate pass back in ninety something, many many moons ago.
Speaker 1: So you're a fan like Jackie Boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was back in the day. My mom dropped me off and she made me wear this polo shirt and I said, nah, cup rings. I brought my own T shirt and I wanted to wear like a black T shirt and got changed before winning in the concert and when I left, jumped in the car. That's mom, and I go, Mom, we got a mackage. She said, no, but the Schietel sandwiches in the cup. Where's the s where's the shirt? Where's the shirt? I said, what shirt?
Speaker 5: Ma?
Speaker 4: Oh the polo you brought mama. Oh shivers. Mom. It's in the back, in the cut back in the concert scene. I changed in the toil. I don't know where the shirt's gone. I heard about how much it was on special, how it was a nice shirt, and twenty something years later I still hear about that bloody shirt.
Speaker 1: I love the fund.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to be a secret closet punk away from your mom?
Speaker 1: That's amazing and.
Speaker 2: That can't kent Superman not you're getting changed in the phone box coming out Emo, Superman, Anthony.
Speaker 1: That's a great. Well, thank you very much, you Courma. I have a good day. Let's go to Adam Good morning, Adam.
Speaker 7: Good morning guys. How are you all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 2: I hope you had a great weekend, Adam. What was the first live show you ever saw?
Speaker 7: Well, I feel very fortunate to say this. I got to see Navana Alive at the Palace back in ninety one, so.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's incredible. Nineteen ninety one. I saw them in ninety two.
Speaker 1: How old were you?
Speaker 7: I was fifteen. My aunt was friends with somebody that had something to do with the Palace back in the day, so we were very fortunate in the sense that we got a free pass to go and see them, and it was just, Yeah, it blew me away. It was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my tile. I've actually walked out of that gig thinking to myself, actually want to be a musician. So yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what an experience to see a band like that.
Speaker 2: Nine So ninety one was probably just on the cusp before they really sort of became global stars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they sort of. I think it was sort of around the never mind, So I had the cassette, but they played a whole bunch of other material that I hadn't actually heard yet. But when the curtain open, just all pitch black and you could just make out their sealover wet. Kirk Bain was taking the last few dragons on a cigarette and then they're just launched in banneurhythm. And then when the drums kicked in from Dave Groll, all these psychedelic lights behind them just went it just went nuts in and we were on the balcony, so there's just a whole seat of people just moushing and going insane. I was just blown away.
Speaker 2: It's actually given me goosebumps just imagining the scene. You just painted that so vividly. Amazing how much you still remember of it.
Speaker 7: It was one of those turning points in my wife Christian. And Kirk Cabain is such a humble person, you know, you just had this presence about him. You didn't have to do anything. He wasn't overcontrived. So when he just strummed his guitar and sang, I just, I don't know, just blew my mind. And he was such an amazing lyricist, Like his lyrics just really blew me away back in the day.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's amazing, and he's still doing live music now. You say that it sort of made you want to be getting a band. Do you still do that now occasionally?
Speaker 7: Yeah, My old band's actually been around for twenty five years, so they're actually doing a reunion show later this year. But I'm going to get up and do a couple of songs called franken.
Speaker 1: Bach frankn Bach. Right, that's awesome. Where's where's the reunion show going to be? Give it a plug?
Speaker 7: Okay, thanks, It's going to be at the total December tenth week, say anymore.
Speaker 2: In fact, you're going up against Billy Joel choice franken Bac or Billy Joel. Billy is going to look out our empty seats and go Berry Frankenball.
Speaker 7: We'll toad only holds three hundred people for that show. Will be long.
Speaker 2: Reunion HAPs tonight, the only show doing in Australian adad.
Speaker 3: You know what, We're giving Billy Joel tickets away in the last week of the show for everyone who loses.
Speaker 1: Y send them to.
Speaker 2: Now we give them a choice. Bretty Joel, Well, franken Bach, Adam, great story. Thank you very much for taking a stair mate, really really amazing stuff that.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Have a lovely day, guysttle
Speaker 1: Bit The Christian O'Connell Show podcast