Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'd like to read the news, you too, You get.
Speaker 3: In trouble for a salami, don't you?
Speaker 4: Michelle Stiff nipples, Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three? How are well?
Speaker 3: We're good? How are we good? To see everybody?
Speaker 4: It's good to see everyone. Good to be with my radio chums. That's it, my radio besties. How are we pants? I'm fantastic.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Just taking the temperature of how we are today, Team Jackie.
Speaker 3: You good, I'm good. I'm very good. And really I feel we're all connected, We're all while we're in this together.
Speaker 4: I think I'm at work. I think I'm just with my chums, my radio chums. Patty, how do you feel about this relationship?
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a love hate, isn't it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Look, I know beyond the frosty star is it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No talking about on the first break. This feels like a show has been together forty years, the hate each other. We've only just clocked up four years.
Speaker 3: I know I'm great, Thank you, you're great? But how are you with us?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, just the same.
Speaker 2: Straine, No, not strain.
Speaker 3: Oh it's fine.
Speaker 4: It's not good in there?
Speaker 3: Is it finished in a weird way?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Weird word. Patsy made it weird. Patsy, you made it weird, made it weird. He's unwird this. Oh here you go again. You just said hate. You said I love hate Glazer. I only have love, only.
Speaker 1: Have love same.
Speaker 2: I'm the mother of all love.
Speaker 4: Not what you said. It's a love hate relationship. Which part of it to that? We only know which part of it is. Let's go in the nice thing, shall we? Yeah? I love to Let's go to Birmingham. How are Australia getting on them and struggling in the last couple of days out there at the Games?
Speaker 3: We all woke up this morning, we were panicking that we were giving away no kettles? And then within the hour eight gold medals?
Speaker 4: Wha, how many total goals this team Australia got.
Speaker 3: Now we're up to thirty nine gold?
Speaker 4: How's teams? You be fair?
Speaker 3: England is behind twenty nine golds thirty one silver.
Speaker 4: They shut the polls. It's better for t GB, is it you? Guys? Love? I don't all swim up and down up and now how many more swimming events can that be?
Speaker 3: I think in the last half hour we won gold, silver, and bronze all in one hundred meters sprint.
Speaker 4: In one right, right? What is the free style cannonball? Us poms love that. That's what we train for. Amazing. So where the goals come? Swimming?
Speaker 3: One more, a new one, A new one. Are up to forty gold number nine, number nine for the.
Speaker 4: Nine golden kettles. What was that in the canniball woicated just min that's not true and that's someone drowning. Actually there was a freestyle drown.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So today by nine o'clock, I mean, there could be more medals coming in, but at the moment we definitely will be giving away nine golden kettles thanks to Ians. He's beautiful golden kettles will be one until the next three hours of the show. Yesterday, I had to go all the way to Bunnings right just to get you know, those really fairly irritating little lights, the halogen ones that have got like two little forks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at old olden daisy.
Speaker 4: No I would say futuristic, oh.
Speaker 2: Halogen spotlight thing that's down lights yeah, sidelight down light.
Speaker 3: Is it going in the roof, because then it's a downlight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not in the roof. It's outside the house by the door. One of those which is out here.
Speaker 2: One of those lights, you know, just just a light like a safety light that turns on when someone walks up.
Speaker 4: That's it. Yeah, yeah, anyway, it's one of those horrible little ones. You've got to get that little clasp out. No, I say, that's new. This thing is going to work for fifty thousand hours. The guy told me the replacement hold fifty thousand hours. I reckon, that's going to It's going to outlive me. That's my legacy. I can leave it in my will.
Speaker 3: A lot of people at the front door.
Speaker 4: You're NonStop with the kids and not their online shopping orders. So I had a good a Bunnings because I couldn't find it. Will worse and it is one of those weird little twenty.
Speaker 2: Watts specialty ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. I'm struggling with it.
Speaker 3: Every time you try and give details about the light, you glaze over.
Speaker 4: Did we lose you for some reason? I'm holding I don't know. I'm telling them pressure. I took the thing with me, right, yeah, that's the way. As soon as they go into Bunnings, and I went, they must just go we go. You've seen this to weep in. I didn't even said words, and this held. I went lighty, lighty, and this guy, you know, like they just march off, don't they. They don't even wait for you to catch up them. It was beating down there, and then he found the light and course its cost its bunning. So thought, this is all I need now I should just go home. But I saw some brooms past the bos went damnit, that is a really stiff, shit looking dirty outdoor. Ah sort those leaves out family, So I got. Then I got. I saw I've got this really you know, it's wooden, old school. It's like a chim chimney j van. So I've got one of those. I thought, well, I've got the outside sort. I need a nice soft one now in the house. So I've got a really two new.
Speaker 2: Beautiful broom inside.
Speaker 4: Actually i've got the DIY. But it's this good for a back up there there has been away this week. When she comes back Friday, I want to show that I've been a very productive guarded place. Light bobs, and I've got an indoor and outdoor broom.
Speaker 3: Look at this, we've got the rigid bristles.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it sounds like you need to go to bunning. So you're looking for some obscure battery.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the battery let me break. And I actually because.
Speaker 4: As soon as I heard Jack's looking for that for his kid's toy. This was like the first couple of years of me being a dad. They're various toys and props they need require these very very obscure holy grail of batteries that you don't even know exists.
Speaker 3: I can't find this anywhere. It is a CNB G thirteen, a round battery. It goes in gold.
Speaker 4: Where does it need all those letters? Like the DA system works double a triple. What's the CNB one five night. It's like in the back of a book, the I SDN number.
Speaker 3: It's Gordy's rubber duck. That's also a bath thermometer, so we actually use it every night to check these bath temperatures.
Speaker 4: Correct, it's right, bath thermometer. That's changed. When is this thing? If you just put your elbow, yeah you were. Trainers have used the elbow that skin over your elbow. It's softer there, so it would be more reliable than us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and se because we have now used the thermometer every night. We don't know how to do the self of these gadgets.
Speaker 2: You just don't know.
Speaker 4: We needed a rubber ducky that's also a thermometer.
Speaker 3: He can't have a bath until we get this duck. But I went to Woollies they don't have the battery. Went to Chemist Squarehouse, went on the internet. The internet has everything to what you typing in? Whatever that is on cmb G thirteen a battery? He didn't know about it. Where can I get this battery? Do I have to go to that place of this battery world that claims to have.
Speaker 4: Every single battery ever? Someone must know? So what is it? Is it? All those circular ones?
Speaker 3: It's a circular one, but not the ones that they have at Chemical Squarehouse.
Speaker 4: They have about three or four those, don't they? Are they the C one, C one, two, three, four five? Yes?
Speaker 3: And I need c nb G thirteen.
Speaker 4: Ah. Do you know what? I'd love to do a battery based quizner radio one day anyway? Right? So can anyone help? What is it again?
Speaker 3: A CNB G thirteen A. If you got any line around the house or you know where I can get him, please can't.
Speaker 4: Move for them, Christian, this might mean even when we asked last year about what's your favorite dinosaur, this might be the most niche phoning we've ever done. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast Breaking News.
Speaker 4: We may have won another gold medal. Rio the producer just told me we may have Tima Sun and now just pickinghim up, just walking around the pool. He hasn't got a goal. Just give him one. I'm sure he's got one or about to get We'll just give it to him now. We may have one another gold. Nine so far overnight gold medals at the Games in Birmingham. Nine golden cancels to give away right now. Though Jack needs her help. Jack Son Gordon needs our help. Bath Time tonight is hanging in the balance.
Speaker 3: We rely on a rubber duck that tells the temperature of the water to make sure it's safe for him to enter the water.
Speaker 4: Does it change color or something so it's like purple, it's too hot.
Speaker 3: It's got a little LCD display on it that tells you what temperature has to be between thirty eight degrees and thirty four degrees celsius. That is premium baby bath temperature.
Speaker 4: They love that temper but too.
Speaker 3: Cold for adults. I found I like to go up to forty because now I'm starting to use the temperature.
Speaker 7: Duck.
Speaker 4: You're kidding? Yeah, no is worn out because Gordon's only been on this planet for four months. Those batteries last for longer. You're wearing it out. You've got a little ubber ducky have you?
Speaker 3: So he ran out of batteries. I used a little screwed to open him up. He's got those little discs batteries inside. I can't, for the laugh of me find them woolies chemist warehouse. I'm good.
Speaker 4: And it's not one of those household round ones like C one or C two.
Speaker 3: It's not your regular round ones. These are hard to find round ones. Where do I get a CNB G thirteen A battery? I don't know?
Speaker 4: So how did you find out that was good? Did you don't think we have to? I've had to take a photo of them before then enlarge it to read those hieroglyphics.
Speaker 3: That's what I've got a photo of the two batteries, and it says on the top seeing BG thirteen eight. So that's why I'm looking to reply.
Speaker 4: I need that big telescope. They're looking into deep space right now, aren't they seeing all those amazing images? Just to get what the flipping battery is called? All right, we actually have people calling in you. We're trying to help you. Felicity, good morning, good morning. So how can you help Jackie? Do you know what the battery is?
Speaker 6: I don't know exactly what bettery you want, but I'm looking at on a battery. Yes, side me a twenty four pack of assorted batteries, all little round ones, all different sizes, and I got that from a bargain shop, like a two dollar shop.
Speaker 1: They still call it the two dollars shop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they are like pills yet and there's one, two, three, four, five differentizers and three of each. So I'm happy to send this whole pack into for jack not for jack.
Speaker 8: So Gordon, not to.
Speaker 4: Gordon care of Gold FM for listening.
Speaker 3: Yes, but can you scan them and look for G thirteen because I.
Speaker 4: See do you think that they're just do to scan stuff?
Speaker 3: I've seen all these different disc batteries and I can't find the G thirteen.
Speaker 9: That's what I thought.
Speaker 6: I'll just send you in the whole packet.
Speaker 3: But he might not be in there, That's what I'm saying. He's not one of the regular disc batteries.
Speaker 6: Okay, have a look.
Speaker 3: Is it in front of you now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's in front of me. Now what do you after?
Speaker 7: G G thirteen A G thirteen A.
Speaker 6: They must have some kind of letter you think it didn't look AD thirteen thirty three five seven No, that's not the.
Speaker 4: Woman looking for at How old are these now?
Speaker 3: That old money?
Speaker 6: C mb G thirteen eight G thirteen I know I don't have that on.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I tell you what's a brand new game? Is it battery being.
Speaker 6: Finger?
Speaker 7: I don't have it?
Speaker 4: Sorry much? Try and for Liicity, Okay.
Speaker 6: That's all right now all the bits for Gordon. Yeah, and told Jack to stop playing with these little mens toys. That's not fair. Only the non battery one.
Speaker 4: July little man as well. Family are back. That internet history has been wiped. Hell, look how we got here? Michael?
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, Christian here you're going.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, you're good actually Michael? Yeah, have you got the old g R fourteen and stop?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: Absolutely so? You jacksplas are all the places where they sell. But he's been looking for the wrong thing, so instead of looking for the G thirteen, the more common name for it these days is the LR forty four.
Speaker 4: How are smear mortal? The muggles? How are meant to.
Speaker 10: Know that all the rest of the numbers are all gobbledlygoogs that you don't have to worry about? Or the G thirteen. If you just search G thirteen on the Internet, you'll see it's also known as a A seventy six or an LR forty four, but the LR forty four is what everyone knows it as.
Speaker 3: Why do they make it so Michael?
Speaker 4: Why is it so complicated?
Speaker 10: I really don't know. But the spot, Christian, you would know these batteries because I'm sure back in the day you might have had a flip screen Donkey Kong game, you know, the.
Speaker 4: Orange game, one of those four powering.
Speaker 8: Dont it had a G thirteen battery?
Speaker 4: And Christian, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, I didn't know aund your house.
Speaker 10: Yeah, music Jack went back into Woolies or into any of the places that he went into, he would find the l R forty four or the A seventy six battery, which is exactly the same as the G thirteen.
Speaker 3: I'm writing down LR forty four.
Speaker 4: Thanks so, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: They've got to make it easier. It's too difficult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Michael, thank you very much. Can we come back to if we have any more battery information. I'm going to call you the show battery doctor of course, Thank you doctor.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We have ten beautiful golden kettles to give away, no ordinary kettles of these big bulls.
Speaker 11: Break it down, thanks Christian. The Smeth golden kettle features on one point seven leaders stainless steel body, a soft opening lid, three hundred and sixty degree swivel bass with their tasteful fifties design which will leave your kitchen looking retro yet futuristic.
Speaker 4: Back to you in the studio, all right, So that's to E and s Rob. Once more came up Sums last year when we did the Gold of Thon for the Games in Tokyo, we were given away Bosh golden washing machines this time. Then for Games in Birmingham it's a golden Smeg kettle. Now I was trying to describe it. Big Bull's voiceover guy then described it as a futuristic Artistan retro one, and it's true. And it also reminded me of the mandalorin if you like the show's the Mandalorin Mando's Helmet. Now, I said this thinking it would have been like a dog whistle. No one would have really meant heard what I meant. However, I got an email yesterday from a listener called Sarah Hogan Christian. I was listening to the show the other day. We're talking about the Golden Semit kettles looking like Mandalorian. Despite you saying no Manda fans was would be listening. I was. I've had a look. It does somewhat look like Mando's helmet. It's the wrong collar, and in fact it's more reminiscent of C. Three PO. Closer I looked at the kettle, the more it does remind me of beloved Star Wars, And although C. Three PM is not my favorite character, the beauty of the smoke caretos start to make me grow more fond of that at times irritating Droid Krishan. Our house is littered with various Star Wars items, including it's quite a list this guy's including a set of espresso cups, which are on permanent display on our kitchen bench. Of course, Sarah a range of glassware, shot glasses, mugs with various character images that I now have to add to some of my crystal display cabinet as we've run out of room in the kitchen cupboards. In my eight year marriage, every Birthday, Christmas and now Mother's Day, the gifts are all Star Wars themes. I've even brought a padded golf cover for my golf club. I don't play golf, I don't have the clubs. I just love the design of a stormtrooper's helmet. I do not intend to play golf. Guess what Sarah's mobile phone ring tone is that March and Christian I have on layby at the Big w a Star Wars dinner sets. Now Christian nobody reading this. Emi. I think I lost the point, and I thought it might plead my case for giving away one of these kettles to a huge Star Wars And now you know Mandalorian fan who would love to add it to their collection of Star Wars themed kitchen items. Sarah, I cannot stand between you and this complete collection, and I hope you can get that lay by all sorts that you're gonna have a Star Wars themed dinner set. Yes, you win the first golden kettle today, the Mandalorian slash c three po golden kettle.
Speaker 3: Just not to confuse everybody else, it's not a Star Wars theme kettle. It just looks like it could belong in the Star Wars universe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're worried about theleganities and why I have to keep referring to it as the games. I tell you who people are even more twitchy other lawyers of the Lucas Empire. But yes, Sarah, you can have one of these golden Smith kettles cal a brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conll show podcast.
Speaker 4: One of the greatest Australian raps and a song ever Boom Crash Opera Onion Skin on gold is ten to seven. We have kettle slash mandaloriin helmets to give away. The god on is Back nine to give away between now and nine o'clock this morning. Let's get into some of your brilliant emails. We love getting your calls, love getting your text every day on the time Waster, you can also email the show. If you can't call in Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We called it late to the party. Late Anthony's our first Christian. You were talking to a lady on the show yesterday sold tarot cards and you set in one of your tangents, Larry, your cat could get a reading. It reminded me of something my daughter went to see a medium at the start of the year. I was told a load of old, random rubbish, but one thing stuck in mind was not a believer. Anthony was one thing stuck in mind. She was told, our dog has a special ability. He is able to see dead people. I mean, there's a hot reboot.
Speaker 3: My dog sees dead.
Speaker 4: Yes, our dog apparently has the sixth sense. This puzzled us, as you can hardly see where he's putting his palls most of the time. All about Anthony, that he is unbelievable. And then we've got a couple of great stories here about smuggling. We were taking calls about this yesterday. You've probably seen the amazing story about the guy sniffer dog went and sat down next to him, which is what we found out yesterday. The dogs do and thinking that there was something in his bag. It was a load of McDonald's he smuggled in from Barley to Australia where macas as we know, is widely available. Three thousand dollars fine, Christian. When I was in grade four, my older brother got me to smuggle some dirty magazines to the school. What is a younger brother there to do other than be a poor mule. Obviously, being the age I wasn't grade five, I didn't really know what they were. Come recess, Come recess. I had the magazines to pass to my brother and he was going to sell them. I was sworn by boys literally ripping pages from the magazines. All of the commotion got the attention of the teacher I was taking to the principal office with the magazines. I got in a lot of trouble. My brother scot free. That's incredible, Christian. In year eleven I began to smuggle him boos and cigarettes to the boys at school. This is from Julian. To make it worth my while, I would increase the price marginally so if I got caught, I would have something to show for it. I saved about fifteen hundred bucks across two years.
Speaker 3: You can pay off the teachers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's amazing, Thank you very much, Jaws Christian. My dad came back to Australia after going back to the UK for a family funeral. First thing he did when is he got home. He revealed nearly two kilograms worth of pair dropped sweets from his anrap pockets that he'd unstitched and stashed multiple little bags around the hem lighting. He could have got in so much trouble, like the detail that he's gone to that recently, like an actual drug dealers to these paar drops are English sweets. They're vaulting like really acidy. Old people love them because he loved them. We want to smuggle some. You couldn't get hold of them in this country. Wants to smuggle them. Two kilos worth laden down old technicolor dream coat. A bag after bag has been dropped on the table. He looked so happy. My dad bless him with such a dag. That's from Heather Christian. About nine years ago, my legendary uncle snuck a whole hot chicken from Woody's Deli into the cinema. My cousins are about fourteen and seventeenth the time of with him, were mortified. Uncle gren not wanted to risk no movie snacks if we got busted. Made my cousin sneak the bread rolls separately so he can make us sandwiches in there. This is incredible, Sarah, thank you very much that email. I love that all right. So have you got any stories about smuggling in or smuggling out? We want to hear about them on nine four one four one O four three The Great Ones. Maybe you'll get one of the golden kettles.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What if you try to smuggle in or out? Tash? Good morning Tash, Good morning Christian. How are you good mate? Thank you very much for asking. I hope you're well. Thanks for cooling the show. What have you been smuggling?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 12: This is a bit of an embarrassing one.
Speaker 13: When I was in the seven me and my best friend from primary school went to different schools. She got mixed up with a bit rougher crowd than me, and we went to Kmas. They used to have Lolli's hubs that you would fill your own mollies.
Speaker 14: Her grand idea.
Speaker 13: Was to fill it with makeup and put lollies on the top. So we went through the cash out and paid our three dollars. We say, stealing probably eighty dollars.
Speaker 4: That's thieving.
Speaker 13: Get worse worse.
Speaker 14: So I felt so guilty that the next day, when I went to the shopping center with my family, I smuggled it back in and guilty about it.
Speaker 12: I couldn't handle it and I snug it back in.
Speaker 4: That says a lot about who you are. That's quite an amazing thing to do, that, Tash.
Speaker 12: It's my guilty secret.
Speaker 13: From my childhood.
Speaker 4: Well do you know what will give you a golden kettle? Thank you? All Rightash, thank you very much. The story. Let's go to Brenda. Hi, Hello Brenda, what have you smuggled?
Speaker 15: Well, a few years ago, or actually quite a few years ago, I was showing in Scotland and I really loved swords and antiques, and I saw this really cool broadsword and I thought, oh, oh, that will be great display. So I'm coming through the airport that goes through the scanning thing, and they go, oh, can we have you over.
Speaker 14: Here and bring.
Speaker 4: That sword? You've seen the signs haven't handguns and knives. I mean, we don't put swords up because it's like the granddaddy of all knives.
Speaker 15: I know, it's this great, big Scottish broad sword and I never even thought about it, you know. I'm like, oh, yeah, yeah, it's a despay here and they go, this is a sword, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, yeah, this is a sword.
Speaker 1: Both yeah.
Speaker 15: And I'm like, oh yeah, yeah, it's a spy and they go it can be used as a weapon. And I'm like, Nana, it's a display run and they they so they go, oh, yeah, well it's sort of it's a little bit fun. Yeah, it's a despay And they go, are you going to sharpen it up? And I go no, of course not, and they go okay, and they let me through. What ye what you.
Speaker 4: Know in the overhead locker, I will acts the whole fly with someone getting on, putting their overhead bag in their jacket, and then a Scottish anty broadsword. We've got highlight Highlanders on the flight brave Heart.
Speaker 15: So I've got a Scottish broad sword. That's a display.
Speaker 4: Have you still got that big old broadsword now? Is it up somewhere in your house? Yeah? Where on the wall?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well actually, well at the moment it's just hitting the covered because I haven't got a face to put it, but yeah, I've.
Speaker 4: Still got you often have that on the block. They just don't know where to put a broadsword. I have a broad sword unit over there. Probably Scotty add value to this, Brenda. You've got to have a gold kettle to go with that broad sword.
Speaker 15: They'll look great together.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you very much. I think they've ever said out loud the word broadsword.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Steve, what did you smuggle him?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 16: Guys like you show.
Speaker 17: Late mother in law love it. Dim Sim's over here. So when we went over one year, we decided to take a couple of packets of frozen Jim Sims nicely packed anyway, when we got to Jeel and we did, thought, well, ship, we just better to be careful and we declared them. Anyway, they confiscated him and as we're leaving the quarantine area, I heard the officer and I said to his offsider, don't put these in the fridge.
Speaker 7: We'll have them for lunch.
Speaker 4: Naughty.
Speaker 3: We suspect they do it. We suspect every.
Speaker 4: Steve. That's a great story. Thank you very much, buddy, have a good day. Thanks for calling. Let's go to Stu here. Good morning stew Good morning Stu. Smuggling. What have you got for us? What have you smuggled? Mate?
Speaker 18: Yes, so I decided to take in two flats of alcohol to the tennis A couple of years ago. I walked up to the security with his metal detective wind he did. He did his wind over my body and it went off him frutch area because the flash were in my in my jocks. So I said, oh no, that must that must be my belt. So I took my belts off. He did the wand again went off near my crutch again, I think, very quickly on the spot. I told him I've got a piercing through my old fella.
Speaker 4: And no more. Wonder what happened.
Speaker 18: He was very quick to usher me through the gate.
Speaker 4: Stu, you can have a golden ketcher for that. That's a great story.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth. Good morning, Welcome to the show. Hi, good morning, good morning Isabe. Okay, what have you smuggled?
Speaker 19: Boots on a cruise?
Speaker 4: Boots on a cruise? There is a lot of booze of any on a cruise. Why do you need more?
Speaker 19: That's too damn spinky.
Speaker 12: So the way we drink.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so shampoo bottles online, they're special bottles with special seals, and they don't shop on the X ray when they put your cases through. But web, oh, my partner, he had a bottle of coke and he wasn't so smart, so they pinged him so waiting for our case at the shop to our cabin and they did it. We got a letter to meet security down on one.
Speaker 4: Of the Oh.
Speaker 19: My god, oh my god. That we got down there and there was about twelve people standing there with looks of shame on their faces, and they went through our cases. They took his coat. They didn't pick up the shampoo bottles, which was pretty good. So we ended up with the booths.
Speaker 4: That's a great mone of this story, isn't It's a wonderful fable. You gave him a decoy suitcase, didn't you.
Speaker 19: Absolutely so I couldn't trust him with the booze. He's going to get caught. So they were all in my case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did well, So no bundan coach, just this abundant no code. Basically we got the true so we do well. Lovely stuff. You did, You did really well, oh Elizabeth, thank you very much, This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast. Every week we get into the nineties and our ongoing ages in the nineties. We're into the home straight this week it's all about the letter T. Between now nine o'clock we also have eight golden kettles to give away Team Australia Overnight still ongoing eleven more gold medals, taking it at the total up to are.
Speaker 3: You forty now forty two?
Speaker 4: Wow? It's amazing. All right, let's get into the ages of the nineties.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the nineties.
Speaker 4: I'd like to flee. I make this look good.
Speaker 20: Missus Schiffield, this is this nineteen ninety You can't handle the true go up.
Speaker 9: For her.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's eight Z of the nineties. Yeah, maybe yeah. The letter T tea for Tickle Me Elmo. Do you remember these.
Speaker 20: Who's giving everybody the giggles? It's tickle Me Elmo. When your child kickles them, be talks glass and his whole body shakes. Oh, tickle me Elmo and his Tickle me friends from the Taiko Sesame Street family.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, thank you, Tycho family. This My sister had one hugely irritating parents fighting other parents to get hold of them and then fight with their kids the next day to take it back. They were huge. Tickle Me Elmos.
Speaker 3: Came out in July nineteen ninety six. By Christmas, they'd sold five million Elmos and Elmo five million tickle me elmos, and Elmo mania was started, so people started scalping tickle me elmos up to fifteen hundred dollars. One person paid seven one hundred dollars for a tickle me Elmo.
Speaker 4: What It's incredible, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Because this is all before like eBay on online buying, people were fighting in the store to women arrested fighting over the doll.
Speaker 4: Imagine that wrap sheet.
Speaker 3: People were going around the back of stores to the delivery trucks hoping to get their hands on Almo before it reached the stores. During a midnight man is celle on December fourteen, a crowd of three hundred people stampeded down an aisle after spotting a store worker being handed a box of toys. The staff has suffered a pulled hamstring, injuries to his back, jaw and knee, a broken rib, and a concussion.
Speaker 4: That's awful passage. Did you have one?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't but already had one.
Speaker 3: You were in the stampede, that was me.
Speaker 2: No, they made a resurgence sort of about two thousand and eight or nine. Already had one, still has it up in her cupboard and he goes off occasionally be sitting in the lounge on your here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the other thing would teach you. And the tamagot cheese as well. They were huge as well, which was just a great big rip off. They only lasted. They died. Literally, you were looking after a battery, weren't you. You were there was a light that basically what a con a tamagotchi corperation.
Speaker 3: You could only do two things with tamagotchi, feed him.
Speaker 4: And you had to keep turning it on and off that little light, didn't you. That's it? And they died within a week. Kids were like heartbroken, and then their parents were hooked in. You had to go and buy yet another tamagotchi because if.
Speaker 3: You didn't clean up. He's poor enough. He died from knowing too much poory on it, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, And I'm talking about paying too much of stuff, and Peo about to pay way over the odds overs for took Ammel years ago when the girls were youngers. Their version of this was these things called furbies. Do you remember these were huge right anyway, you couldn't get hold of them in the UK for love nor money. Right. People were paying a lot more that they just weren't available. So I promised the girls, and as a parent, once you promise, you've got to deliver on that, I said, don't worry, you'll get You'll get ferbies. So I found online on a German website right that I could get too, for both my daughters. So this is I got to say, I've got it. It's only like a little bit over, but got to pay for postage, but it's going to be here the week before. I'm pretty much saved Christmas. Oh my god. She looked at me, like, once this guy has actually done something smart. Anyway, I turn out because they come from German, these little spoken German. I didn't realize it still Christmas Day because I'm not going to get open it up because they think that I've been. So they get them out and they're like put them actually, and they're really excited, and suddenly this sounded really Simouster come in and the kids were like pushing it away. No, oh God, what's wronging? Why is he all shouty there and over the of these German Nazis overtaking the house, ordering us around anyway? That someone We want to know, what did you pay overs for?
Speaker 1: Carl Brener know you're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tickle me. I'm paying way too much money, Christian. I paid way too much to see Tim Minchin live. I paid nine hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Good tim mentionin, but nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: I think even Tim would be upsetting your paying out that to see him for tickets that were face value three hundred Christian a Transformer robot from my eldest son for Christmas in nineteen ninety eight. Giman. Then transformers were huge. It was the last one in toys for us, with some ridiculous amount of money had to go back after red. There's number two parts of the toy and I'd only got one. This is from Gail. One hundred and ten dollars for a seven dollars standing room ticket to the AFL ground final in nineteen ninety I didn't know you used to going to get a standard to give seven bucks to go to the Grand Final. Even now, one hundred and ten bucks will be a decent for a Grand Final. Worth every cent that's from Gail.
Speaker 21: We got here, Ben, Yes, Christian, there you go.
Speaker 4: I'm going, Ben, what did you pay overs for?
Speaker 5: Well, it's only happened. A couple of months ago. My daughter and I were watching Harry Potter and she loves it and the little stray sunken headed in the night bus that talks so that it tells thirty and I said that you can actually get them. When we were in London, we saw them at Universal Studios amount of tissords, and she's like, can we get one? I said, I'll get one online. Anyway, she went to bed and I started looking online at night, and it turned out that Universal Studios took them off all the shelves and stopped producing them.
Speaker 10: I'm like, uhga r.
Speaker 5: I searched far and wide for them everywhere. Eventually found one on eBay in England that someone was selling for eighty eight pounds and I'm like, oh if I asked him, oh, it didn't say Australia, but he said, oh, I said, you just do you send to Australia. We can for an extra postage. I'll get your quote. So anyway again and arrived to Australia. It was about one hundred and seventy five dollars Australian I paid for this thing, and well I set haven't told her that the story behind her but a far out and was about.
Speaker 4: Two hundred dollars to get this tiny little fifteen buckhead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it was about sixteen bucks in the shop. When my wife and I.
Speaker 8: Were in England we last saw it.
Speaker 4: Oh god, and did you enjoy the thing? Or she just throw it aside after about an hour?
Speaker 18: Well this is the other thing.
Speaker 5: It came and she happened it up and she's like, oh oh, it's actually scary than this toy one. And so now I've got this shrunken head this first time of dogs sitting in my desk out.
Speaker 22: At the back of the room.
Speaker 4: Like a door, like a gargoyle like a cathedral church has.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's got a sewn up lips.
Speaker 4: All right, Ben, thank you very much for the story. Mate. Have a good day, no, Darren, busy going a.
Speaker 7: Christian with my wife and I on the way back from Europe.
Speaker 23: Stopped off in Singapore or the treading ourselves to a night or two of the raffles. Being clearly late, we asked we we should go for a quick decent foods and they pointed as or the boke and the door pointed as around the corner to looking at a nice restaurant. We went there and seventy odd dollars later we thought well it was a bit pricey, but it was nice. And the next morning we turned left and went around the corner there was a market and they had all these.
Speaker 8: Neat ten dogles.
Speaker 1: Darren, thank you very much, she cal the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Because you've done so well again. The overnight the games in Birmingham. The Gold of Thorn continues. So overnight how many new gold medals for Team Australia.
Speaker 3: We added eleven gold to our tully, taking it to forty two. We've given away four already this morning, so seven kettles to go.
Speaker 4: It is incredible. How well in what the first five days Team Australia has done forty one two? What a team? GB Patsy, what did you have it in thirty?
Speaker 1: Hang on, let me get thirty?
Speaker 4: Yeah soon? Did they train that pole? Actually?
Speaker 3: No pitty one thing?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thank you for trucking that one as well. Soon they train that pole shut the polls. All right, so we have seven golden Smack kettles to give away right now. People have been going nuts for the kettles this week. That's the only way to describe it. Emails every minute, dropping in very detailed backstory. I never thought I'd read so many practic kenzie and kind of backstories about flipping kettles.
Speaker 3: Getting kidnapped Yelp Ford.
Speaker 4: Liam Neeson trying to track it down. So this morning we wanted to call us up on nine four one four one four three and say, Christian, give me the billy. Why why do you deserve a golden kettle? Give me the billy. These are not Billy Joel tickets. They are billy kettle So okay to sell you understand what I'm talking about here. I don't really thinking, oh my god, I've got Billy Joel tickets, and then suddenly are kettle turns.
Speaker 3: I Swagman's billy.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right, so it's give me the billy with an asterix.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast, The Golden.
Speaker 4: Fon is back every time Tim Australia win gold at the games in Birmingham and you are winning lots and lots of golds. Forty we give away a golden smeg kettle. We have seven to give away this morning we had given away quite a few. Blair has just texted in, Christian, can't get thin on the phones. Sixteen million people are trying to call us right now, Christian, I need Minnie. Why My fifteen year old daughter is going to Birmingham next month for the tenth commonweld Karate competition. She'd been traveling without a mum or dad as it was not a planned event for her. She's got through, she's qualified. So we need a gold winning kettle to make us coffee when we have to live stream of fights at four am to cheer her on. Blair, you need the golden kettle. Yes, good Lutch your daughter as well, Lainey, Good morning.
Speaker 20: Christian, lady.
Speaker 16: Finally things can only get better.
Speaker 4: I'm talking to you this morning, nicely, dove, nicely dumb all right, lady, Why why do you want the golden kettle? Oh?
Speaker 10: Serious?
Speaker 8: I go through a kettle like every six months.
Speaker 16: I drink a.
Speaker 4: Lot of coffee.
Speaker 23: I've already had four this morning.
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 16: Yes, I'm a bit of a coffee drinker, and imagine drinking a coffee out of a golden snag kettle.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't fill it with coffee. Why you're just going to have four of these a day?
Speaker 22: I drink a lot of coffee.
Speaker 4: Ye, Laney, I tell you what. It's going to get plenty of use. Now's we want? Lane? You could have the golden chalice.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Ah, he's up on that caffeine, O Laney. Okay, I'll try that.
Speaker 10: I can't promise, all right, Thank.
Speaker 4: You for Laney, take care, bye bye. I thought we were like a caffeine injection. Obviously not enough for Laney. Who we got here? Johnny boy? Hello John?
Speaker 7: Good one Christian?
Speaker 10: You go yes?
Speaker 4: And now why would you like one of my golden kettles? John?
Speaker 16: We've just bought a house.
Speaker 7: Statement would very last? Mom would be wrapped? And can you make them so I can give.
Speaker 24: Person clues?
Speaker 4: God, that's right, people going nuts? Please, that dribbling load of nonsense with never no, okay, no, it has to be lying somewhere, okay, and it's giving these away willing idio okay. That factor in italy, mister and missus Smegerson who they called. They're making these handcraft, they're dribbling note of our nonsense room. You're not getting anything for that, sir. All right, let's go to commiserations. John, go on new ones tune. Now, Kathleen, do you want one of our golden kettles?
Speaker 16: Yes? Please, I want to Billy.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, And why would you like one of these golden kettles, Kathleen?
Speaker 6: Because my name.
Speaker 22: Has their works from home and he comes in all the time with his body hands.
Speaker 19: And puts fiberglass all over my kettle.
Speaker 15: I want my own kettle in my own corner, so no one can touch this.
Speaker 4: We're saving your kettle. He fiberglass on the kettle because he.
Speaker 16: Doesn't wash his hands. He comes in from the garage bay fiberglass.
Speaker 4: What's what's this? What's this guy's name?
Speaker 16: Jason?
Speaker 4: Jason clean hands. If we touched those fiberglassy kettles, No one.
Speaker 22: Is touching the golden right.
Speaker 16: In my own corner in the kitchen.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 4: No, that's a Jason. That's the you. That's the you. You've got that corner, you've got it already. A shrine for the golden kettle. It's on his way. You've won one, Kathleen, Thank you very mad. That's all right, body, little hands on my kenneth. Good morning, Billy. Is this an Irish one? Is this you Irish?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, shut through a lot of tea, a lot of tea.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, up on the roof. And by getting this kettle, you're actually going to be saved and lives because the wires are coming out in our sight kettle, and it's quite dangerous to clogain.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're quite right. That is quite interesting. And are you roofers then what are you doing on the roof.
Speaker 8: We just do all types of roofing, so me, me and the team of guys. So yeah, the kettle would come in quite handy on site.
Speaker 4: Well, we need to give you. We've got to keep the Irish people fueled in their tea, cannon and garante stuff. Seriously at the moment that kettle's board is getting filled up, straight away to the next round of tees. Yes, saying you a new one to the site. I want to see a photo of this golden kettle on your site. Okay, up on the roof, up on the roof. We've got to fall on someone's head. That's the station. Shut down down, down load, down load all these Okay, we're in the corner. Uh who you got here? Adam? Good morning, Adam?
Speaker 7: Yes, Christian, good morning. Give me a billy please?
Speaker 4: Yes? And now why do you want one of our golden cattle Damski.
Speaker 7: Well, when I boiled mine in the morning, early in the morning, it wakes up the house.
Speaker 1: It is that loud.
Speaker 24: It sounds like a hair dry when it kicks.
Speaker 4: In one of those noise, the old ones.
Speaker 7: It's like a MIDI going over the roof.
Speaker 9: And I know.
Speaker 7: What is that lowd Do I know this new snag one will be.
Speaker 9: Brilliant and quiet?
Speaker 7: So please, Christian, give me a billy.
Speaker 4: You can have a smack of golden cancel. Well done at him.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's get into this week's business, My show.
Speaker 22: Business, my Obstetrician deliverage, Angelina Jolie's twins.
Speaker 7: I have a teblecloth and mom and Alis crimmled On. I played football at the same football club as Chris Himsworth, Dad Craig.
Speaker 9: I made Scott and Charlene's wedding cake.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's weakest claim.
Speaker 4: To face that's the works. No calay to fame is ever too weak for us. On nine four one four one oh four three. Bonus today we have the last two remaining for today golden kettles to give away. So if you've got a really great, really weak clay to fame ninety four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 5: Beth, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good Beth. Welcome to the show. And what is your week claim to fame? Ah?
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 22: My weakest claim to fame is sitting next to Elton John at the tennis in the early nineteen eighties. Why here at the Open, Yes, here at Kirjong. It was when we were on the grass courts and we used to have the sponsor boxes down courtside, the little tents court side. In one of those boxes and in came Elton John.
Speaker 4: Well that's pretty cool. Did you get to chat to him?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 22: No, So he came in and he was wearing a suit and really hot clothes. He had a head on and like this is the middle of January, and I just thought, are you poor guy? You're all dressed up so you know, glamorous.
Speaker 16: And very hot.
Speaker 22: And he just sat next to us and stared straight ahead the whole time, didn't move his eyes off the tennis court.
Speaker 4: Wow, I remember he was working as a numpire for them as well. No time to chit chat, all eyes that center called.
Speaker 22: Totally totally and I didn't see any tennis. I just sat there in awe.
Speaker 4: So you had a fixed air. He was looking at tennis. You're locked ice looking at him? I was, yes, how about accent for out. Oh that's a great one to kick us off.
Speaker 21: Thank you very much, no worries, Thank you, had a great day.
Speaker 4: Teresa coome on him.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm going Teresa? Now I think we're on speakerphone. If you could pick up the phone so we can hear nice and clear. Sorry, it's quite a right, yep.
Speaker 9: My weakest claim to fame is that my husband Marshood in John tra Alter's plane.
Speaker 4: All right, what do you mean the guy with the little bats, you know down there with the little table tennis bats?
Speaker 9: Pretty much?
Speaker 4: How do you know it is mister knight fever in there? How did he know?
Speaker 9: Well? Because of the plane.
Speaker 4: One j T one is it's a night fever.
Speaker 9: It's his own plane.
Speaker 4: He like Brad Pitt does front.
Speaker 9: They all knew that it was coming in, and he knew which plane it was. There's not many seven. I think it's a seven O seven double O seven. I don't I but you know, Roger Moore.
Speaker 4: Could have been anyone in there.
Speaker 2: He's got a special Quantus plane that he helped relaunch and it's got like the vintage Quantess signing on the side of it on the side of it, so it is kind of easy to spot, isn't it.
Speaker 16: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: The only well it was when they were promoting Swordfish and apparently Hugh Jackman was also on the flight the Queen and my husband said, but I didn't really see him. He jumped off the back or something, and but he met John Travolter, who he shook his hand and I was like, oh my god, that's great. You know, did you take any photos? He said, yeah, yeah, to photos of the plane, the Hugh Jackman, because I have a photo of a plane.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 21: Jackman.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 4: That this is exactly what we look for this feature. Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Perfect, Okay, thank you bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's easy to spell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Hugh Jackman on there. You record.
Speaker 4: He's our second hand Concerts Place.
Speaker 21: St.
Speaker 4: Chris. Good morning, Chris, Good morning Christian. All right, your weakest clean to fame. What have you got?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 24: I used to live in the States in the eighties and nineties. In about ninety five, I was driving limousines. I had Jean Simmons and Port Stanley in the back of the car.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 24: Yeah, We're driving on the freeway to the airport and I'm changing lanes and as you're doing a limo, everything's nice and slow and cruisy. And someone cut me off and I had to pull back into the lane, which is you know, not what you're doing a limo. You can't juggle the guests in the back. And I said to the security guard next to me, I said, I what an idiot. And in the back I hear he was right, you're wrong. That was Jeene Simmons telling her.
Speaker 4: Who knew he was a terrible backsitt driver. Jean Simmons, I can imagine it.
Speaker 3: You're up here, You're not in the right hand lane. You're going to need to take that ex.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so he criticized my driving.
Speaker 4: That is a great clean to faith. You can have a golden kettle for that.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris, well done. Th actually cool mate? Well told.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: What is your weakest clean to Fame? Georgia? Good morning morning Georgia. All right, weakest clean to fame? What's yours?
Speaker 12: I offered to take a photo from Mark Ackerberg's wife.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a great one. Marks. I didn't know what Zuckerberg out of wine?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Pursilla Chan got a name too, Yeah, I didn't know she.
Speaker 4: I presume she had a name, yes, And so.
Speaker 12: Where was this in Iceland? I was She was lining up a photo to get waterfall in the background, and like, it's notoriously hard, obviously, because you need the perspective. So I said, do you want me to take it for you? And she sort of hesitated and then looked over at this guy. And then you know, I've looked down at my phone to line up my photo, and next thing, you know, I look up and it's Mark Zuckerberg and they're lining up the selfie and I'm like, oh, obviously that's why.
Speaker 4: Sure whether I recognized Zuckerberg. He's kind of a bland looking guy, isn't.
Speaker 12: He Immediately well, he had like a crappy old hat, so he was trying to look, you know, inconspicuous. But then you checked out his runners and they were bright and slashing a brand new and then in the parking lot was the Icel for.
Speaker 4: Disguise down there for showbiz.
Speaker 3: He almost disguised himself as one of us, but he couldn't.
Speaker 4: Clo you know what, they're taking that waterfall, but I have that wrap it up, taking it with me. Georgia, thank you very much for that story. Thank you.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 4: We all learned there about the perspective needed to take a selfie waterful. That's what I've got none and just look through my phone, just sitting to good.
Speaker 16: Morning, Good morning guys. My weakest claim to fame was my husband rescued Margot Robbie out.
Speaker 12: Of a drain.
Speaker 4: Margot Robbie doing a drain.
Speaker 16: It was on the set of Neighbors and they needed a crew to come down to film an episode of I Don't Know Something where she got stuck in a drain and the local say if I went down and got their heads on camera.
Speaker 4: Wow, So did you get a bit of screen time? Did your husband?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 16: I think I saw the back of his head.
Speaker 3: They really scraped the barrel for some storylines on that show. Did Robbie gets stuck in a drain?
Speaker 4: They throw out that No, keep that one though, they brought the drain one. No, no, no no, that's the main storyline. Actually, just saying so thank you very much. You're cool, cal brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Last few cools. Then, for your weakest claim to fame, let's go to Dino.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Dino, Good morning, Crustian morning dream.
Speaker 5: How are we?
Speaker 4: We're good Dino, Dino, what's your week? Plane to fame?
Speaker 7: My week the famous that ex secured a footballer. Rob Harvey helped me get my selfie with John Sena, the wrestler from the States.
Speaker 4: It's a hell of a trilogy here. You are a great greater than John Sena, so get a legend. Robert Harvey.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, how did this scene?
Speaker 4: What was going on?
Speaker 7: Okay? I keep the shore, he's stock short. The Young John Caine Arena which was Vida Praye Arena back then they held the Nickelodeon Awards and John Sena was walking through the door and I was a bar attendant and Robert and I thought I were talking through my shift and I'm not allowed to play celebrities and whatnot for Saturdays and whatnot. And he said to me, oh, Dinna, you really want this, don't you? And I said, oh, hell yeah. So he's walked Ovid tapped John on the shoulder and said, oh, the bar pretendant if I had to have a play with you, And he's just turned around and he's Beka agent pointed in my direction all sudden. I just had a massive lump in my throat and I was just thinking, oh, ship, what have I got myself into. Well he's yeah, he's actually quite a big boy. It's all.
Speaker 4: Thick. He's thick, isn't he's like a three Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sort of goes too skinny tree side by side but with decent weight.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I think we've established what he looks like or anyway, and so you get the Robert how do you do the photo? Though?
Speaker 7: Well, John come over and you put mymory and he goes, okay, so who's taking the photo? And I said, oh, Robert is so he Robbie said make sure you take the photo and make sure it's a good one. So I've actually got it on my phone and it's it's something that it's the old times. They're all one office and I'll never get it again.
Speaker 3: And he's taking the photo in the lens.
Speaker 7: I actually had a good shift then to Christian. It was actually a good day.
Speaker 4: So yeah, lovely all right, uh Dino, thank you very much and cool mate.
Speaker 3: You take care, no worries you to God one, as the old saying goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marie, good morning, Marie, good morning.
Speaker 21: How are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good Marie. So you're claim to fine your weakest claim to fane? What's yours?
Speaker 21: My mum took the very first phone call with a notification that Harold Holt had gone missing.
Speaker 4: That is a moment in history. I know, late sixties, wasn't it Was it sixty eight, sixty seventy when Yeah.
Speaker 21: I can't recall what year it was. But she was a telephonist in an old you know, with this obviously waid back old school in she had the switchboard that you had to sort of put the plug in the hole and put it over to this other one, and she took the initial call to say that he was missing, and she had to sort of put that call through to the relevant authorities.
Speaker 4: Wow, wait, that really is your mum's involved in such a historic moment. Yeah, I know, there was so much mystery about what happened. I remember reading a book about the history of Australian there the chaps are on that they still and the Russians are involved, and that took him away.
Speaker 21: I think he'd be dead by.
Speaker 3: Now, drinking some podcasts somewhere.
Speaker 4: Laughing about it. All. That's and so what an amazing story said. Did your mum have any more details on it? Was that it?
Speaker 21: No, that was pretty well that she said that. You know, she was really nervous and so I had to get the job done. But yeah, they obviously the girls in the in the televenoth exchange in exchange, they chattered about it afterwards.
Speaker 4: You know, she was sort of to say that the Prime Minister is missing.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it would have been one of the authorities, you know, one of the people that was with him, I should imagine, because he wasn't out there alone. He thought, you know, these people have always got security around them.
Speaker 4: I think he had gone for late, very late nights swim by himself, and that's what the around it. I don't know. Chapter in the book about it.
Speaker 3: Think it sounds like Christian wants you to confirm the Russian If you just.
Speaker 21: Do that, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll give you our last golden kettle for today.
Speaker 21: That's awesome. I'm so rapped because my kittle died over the weight kend and I went to a cheap shop, two dollars shop and bought a cheapy which looks pretty crap.
Speaker 4: We can't have that, take it back. You can have this shiny bit of a golden smack.
Speaker 21: One beautiful, fantastic thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you've got a story. When people go, how do you get that? You can tell the whole whole story, Marie. Thank you very Russia sharing that with us this morning.
Speaker 21: Thank you, Thank you those Russians.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, we've got a double pass for the best in show on today's time waster this month forget about today or this week often on the time, but this month is emo month? Does a need to be an emo month? Fatty, you'll love this. Jack went through a very big emo face.
Speaker 3: I can't see that I had black hair in high school, but because my hair.
Speaker 4: Is spiky or col that sort of brushed forward.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't go the whole way, so I had they. Essentially, my nickname was the curly Emo because I had curly black hair.
Speaker 4: That is not an Emo nickname? Is it the curly Emo?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't go as far as high liner, just tight black jeans. Actually the clothes didn't change.
Speaker 4: Say, I think you're still in your Emo face, and did you still have the wizards then? Or they had to go? Come on the wizards When I'm just a very young child, it's hard to put on the timeline. I neither were wizards in your bedroom, a whole array of them. I didn't know if they were still part of a pentagram or something. You turn them into the wizards.
Speaker 3: Got moved Green Day, taking back Sunday Alkaline Trio.
Speaker 4: Earlier, Patsy, we were sort of naming some of the bands he might have been into Goes. I wasn't as mainstream as that, Oh, mister hipster goth actually not Goths, Emos wold sworn enemies. I want to make a Goths alien costs versus emos. We have a very low energy movie. Very low energy, this frowning and staring at each other. All right, Emo movies.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: The hills have size, green day mile silver men stare at goths.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not going.
Speaker 4: I've got it wrong? Whatever ending story gold, black Hawks, smile, upside down, frown wee zebra, a zoo wheezer a zoo, Gold and bro listless in Seattle. That's assually too energetic for listless, isn't it? Gold? Now? Oh wow?
Speaker 12: Alright?
Speaker 4: Okay, what have you got for Emo movies? What are they watching on that Emo channel?
Speaker 3: They're watching the Gloomies.
Speaker 4: Tradunt, very gloomy, gold, black hair down. That that's good God, Plus you can tell he's Emo.
Speaker 3: The incredible soul.
Speaker 4: How did you come up that one?
Speaker 3: Bronze die here?
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: He's back on gold and piercing Miss Daisy.
Speaker 4: That's also cold, very good.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack Posters has told me he wasn't a proper Emo. He was that I quote a partial Emo, didn't go all the way partial Emo. I almost want that to be an Emo album, partial Emo. You know one of those greatest hits this month is Emo month. Please celebrated listeners. We're looking for your Emo movies today. Best in show if you're Emo movies. We've got a double pass to send you off to go and see Elton John Live. All right, you ready to march at the Thomas Frown Affair. Silver, Look, who's not talking? One on? Richard do spiggelow the piste up jigglow Silver pass ray Ten things I hate about my parents? Silver, dude, where's my eyeliner?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 4: Top goth to a top gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're not god to remember the distinctching.
Speaker 4: They get very upset about that. The dark night and all bloody day two Gold, what on, Daniel, I don't care what you did last summer. Me myself an eyeliner silver, White men don't care. That is brilliant. Mike Emo's will stare at goths Gold, That is genius. Nicholas, I don't as white shut Silver. Donny dark clothes is better, Scott, well done, Donny, Dark clothes is better. It is so good home. Alona Bron's the Musca of Zorrow instead of the Mask of Sorrow. The mascara finding Emo, Yeah, obvious.
Speaker 3: Was thought of it.
Speaker 4: You actually said that like an Emo kid Emo and the Beast Bronz feels like a Channel seven show. But I don't want to drive Miss Daisy Silver, James Bond, the man with the golden glum silver, all right, who gets the Elton John tickets? Jack?
Speaker 3: Plenty of good ones. Let's go. Look who's not talking? Richard?
Speaker 4: Richard, well done, all right, tomorrow show today. So we gave away.
Speaker 3: Today eleven eleven gold kettle.
Speaker 4: Eleven gold kettle, so in total the gold of thon. Obviously our total is the same with what Team Australia doing in Birmingham out the Games forty.
Speaker 3: Forty two with a twenty seven gold medal haul on offer overnight.
Speaker 4: Is that right? Don't tell me them there's more swims.
Speaker 3: The pool is over cracking the back son of it.
Speaker 4: It's like you've got some five day pass at the Birmingham Lido. There you get any money's worth Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, another nine golds on offering the pool.
Speaker 4: Wow. We so don't forget. Every time there is a gold in Birmingham at the Games, we give away a golden kettle. So tomorrow we could we could in theory, well.
Speaker 3: We definitely hopefully after twenty seven we'll be.
Speaker 4: Giving a low more tomorrow. So that's tomorrow's show.
Speaker 1: From six The Christian O'Connell Show podcast,