Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We want to talk about hardcore granddad's. On Friday, we heard this story from Rene about her granddad when he was pushing her on the swing.
Speaker 3: I was about five years old when my grandfather was swinging me on the swing. He actually pushed that hard that I flew away out a couple of naters into the air.
Speaker 2: Now that gentleman is a hardcore granddad, unaware of its superhuman physical strength pushing his little five year old granddaughter five year.
Speaker 4: Olds it's a tiny little job. That's small at five right.
Speaker 2: So today, though we are looking for other hardcore granddads, have you got that one story about your granddad which pushes him into hardcore granddad territory? In the early days of this show, before we realized that Patsy, you know what jimmer Man when she telks about the story about her husband, Chris's great grandfather who once punched him out over a six foot fence.
Speaker 5: How could I forget Big Red?
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't see punch and power like that in the UFC. As I said, someone got punched out.
Speaker 4: Of the octagon.
Speaker 2: If any Big Red had been around a millionaire.
Speaker 5: Corryong still talks about it and the grass has never grown again. On the same pat.
Speaker 4: It wasn't they like a three day font?
Speaker 5: Yes, they wrote the town off and everyone's stopped to watch.
Speaker 1: Apparently the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We asked for your stories about hardcore granddads. You told us about hardcore granddads. We're not going maybe not so hardcore granddadst Just bring it back the diet coke version, please, of hardcore granddads. Honestly, Patsy, the stories that Jack's has taken that we cannot even put on air. Poor monkey being punched three feet Jack and I actually have our own meeting in the studio belt whether it should go and Jack let the corner down? Going well, personally, I find it very funny, poor little monkey.
Speaker 4: Christian might not so not so hardcore.
Speaker 2: Ran A betting Ring had a girlfriend he'd only see once a week and went to bingo every Wednesday with three ladies all called Norma.
Speaker 4: That's the kind of hard cool we like.
Speaker 2: Perfect it's diet hardcore hardcore lights Angela, Angela, you live on it. Tell us about your heart called Granddad, My heart called Grandad?
Speaker 5: Well, I was ten years old, we're not fishing with him. One day and monstery shorts. I couldn't swim and I'll scale of the water. So he checked me in and told me to swim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a lot of people whose first experience of water was a heavily traumatic one of almost drowning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: I did, but I managed to float.
Speaker 1: So and how are you.
Speaker 4: Out of water now? If you've got some deep fear of it?
Speaker 5: No, no, fortunately not no.
Speaker 4: No, no, don't be doing this, baby, Gordon.
Speaker 1: Okay, look, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: As a ten year old, I hated him for that second. So, yeah, but it taught me. It taught me a lot.
Speaker 2: Basically, whenever you find off him, make you do it, always find out falling out out, and.
Speaker 6: That is hard.
Speaker 2: Let's go from answer to Gav. Good morning, Gav Yep, not for that one. Let's go to Jody. Jody, good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Jody. Welcome to the show. So Hardcourt Granddad.
Speaker 3: So my granddad was training to go for a walk with his son. This is back when I lived in New Zealand, so my granddad would have been in his late seventies at the time, and on one of his training walks. He was carrying out Brooks in the backpack and had a stroke that carried the eight Brooks in the back home after it before he advised his wife and anyone else that.
Speaker 4: Is hard that's hardcore.
Speaker 2: I mean those trainings who can handle eight coffee and your heads in shame.
Speaker 4: Eight bricks has his troupe and then carries on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was an accountant, not a trading.
Speaker 4: Jody. That's an amazing story. All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You cool.
Speaker 4: Oh he's back, is he?
Speaker 1: Let's try gave again, gav.
Speaker 6: Ok Sorry the phone dropped out. That's my granddad, Bessy dentist that he could remove his own wisdom taste for a case of scotch. And he won the bed and removed his own wisdom. Took him a couple of weeks of negotiating with them by whiggling them, won his case of scotch, but ended up in hospital for three months with poisoning.
Speaker 4: Oh my, what an insane story.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's not the craziest thing I've seen induce the kind of guy who wakes up at the moony says my head sword. I said, that's because there's half a poddle sticking at the Saudi edge of all on because he's been in a pub roll overnight.
Speaker 4: What a character story too far?
Speaker 2: I told you hardcore had lights, grand fights Bottle.
Speaker 6: He's very he's very old school Christian.
Speaker 4: Because we do not need a third one review game.
Speaker 2: I think that phone knew what was coming and hung up on you.
Speaker 4: I thank you very much for your cool wisdom to one out while ago. They're like, so deeply shame on the grandad, but also shame on the dentist.
Speaker 1: Simone morning.
Speaker 7: All right, so this hard got a hard cool grandad?
Speaker 1: Is it hardcore lights?
Speaker 7: When I was growing up, we had splice sliding doors for our doors, and my granddad thought it was open and he walked straight throught through the glass and he said through the glass, straight through the glass, and then sat down ahead of beer and said I'll deal with it later.
Speaker 2: A wing movie as he just casually brought brushes glass out of his eyes. These grandads are all just crazy actually, but never do hard no more hardcore Grandad's tomorrow, Hardcore
Speaker 1: Nana's Christian know Connell's show podcast