Speaker 1: Now I think I brought a public service to the world. I taught for so many mums out there. You know, you have these horrible situations where your kids get things stuck up their nose, because kids, it's what they do. Maybe it's a piece of lego, maybe it's a button, maybe it's some peas.
Speaker 2: It's frightening and it's a new mum. I could imagine. Not everyone knows what to do in that situation.
Speaker 1: Absolutely terrifying, and I experienced it myself. You know, Lola, my little girl, she's got a button stuck up her nose. And I learn a technique which I wanted to bring here to the radio station, and I wanted to show Mitch how if he was ever in a point of distress, if he ever had something out, if he stuck up his nose, this would help him.
Speaker 2: There's no babies at the radio station, though, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: But I did have to try the technique on Mitch. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 1: You block the other nostril, not the nostril that has the thing in it, but block the opposite nostril, so then your kid will have.
Speaker 3: Their mouth open, and then you put your mouth over the.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: I didn't get a sealed.
Speaker 1: I have made out with Mitch. Jury he is alive and that was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that happened.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about this a lot over the last couple of days because I you know, we want to do good in the world. We want to leave the world a better place than where we found them, and there are so many hacks and techniques that will make people better parents.
Speaker 2: I know exactly where you're going.
Speaker 1: One thing, one thing I really struggled with with Lola was that she had she had wind. And you know, if you've got a baby that's got colic there up all night, they're crying. It takes so much to try and settle them. And so I discovered a new hack, which I wish I had known when Lola was little. It would have it would have saved me so many sleepless nights. And so I think, Mitch, knowing that you are the gassy boy that you are, that we should try it on you teach everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, no you're not.
Speaker 1: I've been in a small, confined room with you very often, and I've I've witnessed it myself. What do you mean, ladies, war do you get sore pains in your belly because you're just so so so gassy.
Speaker 2: I do something collar a little bit back dark. Sometimes I go to go and go to get a fight out, and I go, that's more than a fight.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if we should go through with this?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Well, look, I'm going to demonstrate on you it's really important.
Speaker 2: No, you're not I am.
Speaker 3: You're my test stummy, You're my guinea pia. The nation needs this.
Speaker 2: This works once. This isn't MythBusters.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm creating a segment out of this. We're going to do it every week. Well, I'm also a host on the show, and I need to be across these.
Speaker 3: Just lay down here, come on on the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't look at a pediatrician.
Speaker 1: And also put on like your baby, go google Gaga for me. Wait, wait, cry about your college? Wait how does it work? What's the tactic? Well, I'm going to cycle you to help you relieve gas. So yeah, this is technique which you do on little kids like for you know, and it helps them because the kids have their digestive systems move a bit more freely than adults. And if you do this it's very specific technique which I'm going to talk you all through. It'll help with your kid's colic if you're a parent.
Speaker 2: So I've got to get on the desk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how we're going to quite do this, and I'm worried about the aftermath, but we're gonna try.
Speaker 2: Stay with us. Everyone, please hold on hands and knees.
Speaker 3: No, lay on your back. You don't get on your hands and knees.
Speaker 2: Is my is my end at your front? My front at your end.
Speaker 1: Your end is facing me. I'm in the danger zone. Okay, mich is currently getting on the desk. You're really making a show of this though. You're making no, you're making this seem a lot harder than what it really is. Oh okay, now he's just get your foot off my microphone.
Speaker 3: Okay, So get your child. So I just walked. Get your child to lay down on their back. Okay, they've got a sore little.
Speaker 1: Tummy, Tom, tom, and then you're gonna grab their legs. Hold on.
Speaker 2: Wait, you've got to give me consent.
Speaker 3: Man, Can I do you consent to me touching your feet?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, and then.
Speaker 1: You've got to first, I call their legs around like they're riding a little bike. Make sure that you push all the way up into the diaphragm.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, how are you feeling. You're feeling loosening up.
Speaker 2: I feel like the blood's rushing from my skull.
Speaker 1: Okay, Then you have to get both feet, put the feet together, and then started these Actually we're both.
Speaker 3: In it at the same time. Okay, ye, any movement I feel like something's coming, please point and then once you've done a little bit more cycling, just give it.
Speaker 1: One fine pushed down onto the diaphragm.
Speaker 2: It worked? Could it work?
Speaker 4: You did not?
Speaker 1: It works?
Speaker 3: That wasn't fun at me?
Speaker 2: Will you?
Speaker 4: You just cycled it out of me. You got gaslight me into fighting and then to laugh at me.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting.
Speaker 4: Did I just do that? We can't this cut. We have to go to the ads. I'm not when you control the buttons, go the ads. I'm embarrassed.