Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Flex and Frooms on Cat. We've had one too many situation where a fellow friend, coworker, or acquaintance has come to us co hosts, a co host perhaps in some instances, has come to us to vet their text messages. Now, it is an honor to be asked to vet a text message, and I appreciate it more than you know. But I want to say, there are some instances where you're in a time crunch. You don't have friends to lean on in this instance, and you have to rely on yourself. So I've come up with a potentially fail safe strategy, try and let us know. And if by asking me in DMUs Flex and frims on Instagram, now you're back to in a text you don't know if it's going to land, well, you need to think to yourself, what are three ways this text message can be perceived? An example coming from rooms.
Speaker 2: So I just like I just went really quickly to our podcast page to just like I says, if someone in a romantic setting like went to look at our show and the last things are like free methinks sexes like eggs and how to kick someone out in bed. This is the wrong impression, everyone. This is a horrible impression and it's not at all the truth.
Speaker 1: What was the question? Flex vetting? Vetting? Here's the thing. So, for example, let's say you want to send a text to someone you've just been to dinner with and you say you said it. The next morning, you say last time was actually fun. You think, okay, how do I vet this? Are they going to receive this as a compliment as I was thinking it wouldn't be fun, but it's actually fun? Or Infrums's instance, you're my first hinge date. How can that be perceived? Like she doesn't get near it, like she's she's not a very effective option. I don't know. Okay, wait, but that's the first thing you do. You have to see how it can be perceived. If the results are overwhelmingly negative, then I would say switch it up.
Speaker 2: My God was saying, don't send it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: However, if you find yourself being like it could go either way. This is the way to ensure every single text you send lands as intended. You say, the red hot thing provides some context.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we know that is something we want to do. How do we then vet it to make sure that we're doing it the right way? Do you have a process?
Speaker 1: I do have a process. So let's say you want to send like a risky test. And I'm not talking like sexual risky, just so I mean you're not confident or feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: It's risky not riskue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's risky not risk a right, And so you think to yourself, what are three ways this could be interpreted? If it's overwhelmingly negative, then switch it up until it's overwhelmly positive. To you use yourself as your own barometer. Next phase the way to make sure it always lands as intended, say the red hot thing. Provide context.
Speaker 2: So this is my first hinge date.
Speaker 1: But no, this is my first hinge date, and I'm really excited for it to be cool as opposed to me being like, let's say you just say this is my first hinge date full stop. What am I saying? Is everything? Okay? Why does somebody want you have I made the wrong decision. I don't know what it can be. But the only reason why I'm saying this is because, like I've mentioned before, to be the person with the honor of vetting a text. There's nothing like it, babe. It's like being a godmom, being an auntie, being the president. I'm sure they're equal to but the reality is, if we don't train the muscle, we don't build the muscle. And what you don't want to be happening is feeling like you're in a crisis and a time crunch and you can't act on it. And what happens you miss all the shots you don't take absolute especially like, if anything, the dating context is the most easier. It's the messages that exist. Like professionally, I personally find it tricky to send professional messages because I'm like, is this coming across? Well, not in a professional way, but for example, I'm always like to my team, how do I say this in a not bitchy way constantly? How do I say this in a not bitchy way. How do I say this in a way that's like going to feel stern but going to come across Well, how do I make this concise so I get what I need? How do I say that's a terrible idea, but I like this one better. And if I don't feel that muscle, then I'm just like waiting on people to like, let me know what to do, when realistically it's like, okay, if you received this grating email, how would you take it?
Speaker 2: Think about it that way. I think about that with email, not well, not so much with text, but good to know.
Speaker 1: It is good to know. Turn it all inwards. It's an exercise in like mirroring. You are the world pushed out everything you do. You are blah blah blah blah blahfe circle of life for real ah miss you.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio