Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. All right, So it's in the news today, it was happening last night, big thing and from a sport point of view, from an outsider, removed it four years ago. I think the All Australian you do every year is an amazing thing, right, I don't do it in the EPL and I think it's a great idea announcing a team of all the very best, you get the rising star. I think it's a great celebration as you head into the finals. So I was watching All Unfold last night, seeing all the teams going in and seeing what DS players we're going to end up in it, and I'm thinking, do you know what? This is great? But it's only footy. It gets to have this on it of being an All Australian. What a great honor and accolade that is that you're an All Australian. So this morning I think I want to readdress the balance because sport makes our lives better sometimes if you like, if you're a Carton fan or a bombs round right now it breaks your heart as well. Yes, one day success sport makes them lives better, but then so does tell US, film, music, comedy TV. So today I want to try and form an all Australian team of all time great Australians deaderal live, anyone who has made a difference in your life. Maybe when you're a kid or a teenager you love that movie. Maybe it's one of the stars, and we put all the stars in from the Castle. But have your say an all time general live, all Australian team who is on the oval for me in terms of Australians that made a big difference to my life. I've got to put two people in the for KK. Yeah, your team you often have brothers going in. They're not brothers, but they feel like comedy brothers because they made so much great stuff.
Speaker 2: It's Martin lloy, two.
Speaker 1: Great Australians that really did raise the bar for radio and TV, in comedy and movie as well with cracker Jack and the stuff they've done together. But Martin molloy, we'd going for me one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: All right, I guess I'm asking for technically four spots, but maybe they can sit in the one place in the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, that's okay, Yeah, they can be one, they can be one play one place in defense.
Speaker 2: An Australian Ben who's won more Arias than any other artist.
Speaker 1: Guy Sebastian, The Wiggles, Oh, hot Potato, Hot Potato. I mean they have they haven't changed your lives. A lot of mums and dads and kids. So what the OG lineup?
Speaker 2: I'd go just the nostalgia purposes, I'd go the OG lineup. I've had to choose one. My favorite was Red Wiggle Murray Murray. I'd love to see him with his guitar somewhere.
Speaker 1: Maybe everyone's favorite Murray. Actually it's my kid's favorite was Murray. Yeah. All right, so all time all Australian not sport can be someone from film, music, TV, comedy, radio. I'm not saying that so that you have put Jack and I like it might be someone Havish and Andy should go in as well. What here reckon? Who should be going in? Please? Can we stop this? This is the Christian o'connells show podcast. All right, So we're trying to form our own all Australian team. They do this in footy. What are other areas? So it's an all Australian team of all Australian legends. People have made a big difference in your life, whether it's comedians from movies, music TV. Christian, what about Sean maccarliffe. I see him as a very smart coach, could be on the coaching Is the president someone like that? You know it is? He's always a mac at the address, isn't he? But yeah, definitely the great Sean mccarniff. Alight, Let's go to Chris. Good morning, Chris, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Christian. I think I've got the captain and the vice captain of the team as well. Actually, so people to two players or two performers that would embody such posit. Key positions would be Paul Hogan as captain. Yes, in the center, getting plenty of the ball, followed by he would rock it. He would he would row it out in clearance and give it to Shoot Jackman.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, like a Max Gonel like performance, but with more hair than Max. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then imagine that don't argue from Wolverine himself.
Speaker 1: Crocodile dundee. That's not a sharing, Chris. Those are two great ones. They have to be in captain and vice captain. Thank you very much, Chris. Let's go to Mitch. He Mitch, so our team of all Australian, all Australian legends. Who's in?
Speaker 4: Hey guys, good morning. You just can't go past Steve Il.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's got to be.
Speaker 4: He's got to be. He'll be your spiritual leader and maybe you're sent a half forward.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would be. And he's already got the shorts.
Speaker 1: Plus you know it's going to lave up the locker room. You're going to open up your locker. What's in that? It's a koala, a big snake. When the wild animal branks.
Speaker 4: You can't go past him. I heard all his VHS tapes growing up as a kid. I was chasing snakes out of the Eastern Suburbs. I was on five acres. Yeah, I heard me mum screaming at me. At one point, just from getting out from underneath the cubby house, I was chasing the script butter pick it in.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. All right, you're Mitch for that kind of appetite. All right, Mitch, thank you very much. You cool?
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Kevin, Good morning, Kevin morning, Christian, how are you? I'm good, buddy. So when you talk about all Australians outside of Sport have made a difference, who would it be for you.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure of the name Christians. More of the show, Like back in the early seventies, we used to go to Catholic primary school and the taker and bring out this big TV on wheels and like you'd have to change channels and the old play School show. But it would have been done for decades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a love play School. I also went to a Catholic primary school where they used to wield that TV out. Do you remember, like a really big thing. It was like, behold the TVV. You all know TVs. There no boring lessons the TV and then just hearing the music takes about to a kind of time and is the time we might as well.
Speaker 2: The queen of play School was Benita. She was there in the seventies. She was still there when I was a kid watching it in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was a friend to so many young kids who've grown up now. Also, wasn't she a charm when she was on Who's Calling? Christian? Was?
Speaker 5: Yeah, love channels Christian. Yes, they can actually use they can actually use that music. Is the team sing song.
Speaker 1: Up? Yeah? After a big win? Yeah, that's right. How we're going to go play our song. All right, Kevin, that's a great one. Thank you very much, mate, have a good day, all right, Trevor. Yes, mate, Trevor, have you got I think you've got someone really big that Actually.
Speaker 6: I've got your greatest goal kicker ever, the one that's been kicking goals all alive. It's got to be a Livery Newton John, mate. I mean her music, her film, her cancer research. She has got to be an absolute superstar and been kicking goals for so long, so full forward.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, really really well said as well. That is lovely. Thank you very much for that, Trevor.
Speaker 6: Now is Christen Brighter? Now you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast