Speaker 1: Come on, hello, Happy Thursday, everybody. We are now, I recently I have something I want to tell you guys. So I recently moved into a new place right and the thing, I mean, the thing I love about the house more than anything is the garden.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've seen the garden.
Speaker 1: Is beautiful, lush, established, and I've decided I'm going to become a gardener.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm like, that's my new thing. I'm going to be a gardener. I cannot pick you that happening, but sure, no, no, no, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm a green thumb. I'm out there every day. I'm trying to keep the plants alive.
Speaker 3: You were yelling at the girls when we were over the hour, like don't.
Speaker 2: You pick those flowers? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, But recently, in the last week, there's been a whole section of the garden that's dying. And I'm saying, I mean, like trees and plants and shrubs, they're all dying.
Speaker 2: And I got out there last night and I was like, what can I possibly do?
Speaker 1: And I'm like tottering around in the garden and I was like, I'll just pull this one and see what's happening in the dirt. None of the trees are actually trees. They're just clippings. The old owner has come along and just chopped a branch off all these random trees and shoved them in the ground so it looked like it was an established garden.
Speaker 2: I've been cheops, brilliant, it's not real.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: We just have a barnyard.
Speaker 4: Would did you go manic when you pulled one out saw it was dead? The next one, Go to the next one.
Speaker 2: These are not clippings.
Speaker 1: Some of these are trees that can literally touch the ceiling of the studio, that's how big they are. And this whoever lived there prior to try and make it look nicer, I had just lopped off these big branches of trees and shoved them in the ground.
Speaker 2: I love that genius.
Speaker 1: I reckon anybody could take that and use that the next time they're, you know, trying to get their listings up on domain.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Just plant some sticks in the ground.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we have another dilemma.
Speaker 5: It is Thursday, which means we do ask on cut where listener's writing some juicy questions. We have a really good one coming up after the break. Can you cut off a family member.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll discuss that you're at the pickup thanks to chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day. It's the pick up right around Australia Thursday afternoon, it's Britt, Laura and mitchere rushing to Chemists Warehouse right for half price off vitamins and cosmetics, teas and sees apply Chemist's Warehouse. They'll give you great savings every day. Ask uncut.
Speaker 5: Well, Thursday means therapy. Thursday means ask uncut. Where you guys writing or calling with your deepest, darkest burning questions. We do our best to answer them. And we have Bella on the line with a bit of a conundrum in her family.
Speaker 3: Hey Bella, Hey, what's your problem?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: My favorite trio Bella.
Speaker 2: We don't pay these people to say.
Speaker 6: This, Okay. I've got had a bit of a rocky year relationship with my sister. Over the years, I'm starting to get really frustrated with her. She's really selfish and she's seemingly only content acting me when she wants something. So just for example, like when she wants to borrow money, or she wants me to look after her kids, or she she wants to use something of mine. I have got another sister who I'm close with, and she sort of feels like she's getting the same treatment. But we're just keeping the peace for Mom's sake, because she has gotten emotional about it in the past. I just don't know if I should say something to her or I should start saying no. What should I do?
Speaker 2: Is she you're younger or your older sister.
Speaker 5: My older sister, your oldest I think it's I think this one comes down to the intent behind what she's asking you. Like if if a family member is asking you for money because theyre in a really tricky situation, I feel like it's pretty hard to say no to. But if you know she's really negligent with her money, otherwise, like you know she's buying a handbag or she's frivolously spending her money, she.
Speaker 6: Definly doesn't go without. We'll put it that way, right, So.
Speaker 5: That's different, And that's where I think you can say no. I think you can be like, I'm a bit strapped this week, But if you know she can't put food on.
Speaker 2: The table for the kids, it's a different story.
Speaker 5: But if she's out there spending the money, I think you can be like, oh, I'm actually really tight this week.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But even that, I think it comes down to feeling a bit used and feeling like you're not valued or respected. I think like a big part of this is it's not so much about the giving. It's the fact that the only time she's making an effort is when it's to be taking something.
Speaker 2: Is that is that correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Totally. I feel like it's just a bit of a one way street, Like it's never really like a check in to see how you're going. Like, as soon as I see her calling, I just know that she's going to ask for something.
Speaker 1: If you were to cut off your relationship with your sister, and that would also mean that you wouldn't have any relationship with your nephews or nieces, is that something that you're prepared to sacrifice because you know that will affect everything I know?
Speaker 6: And I really do love her babies. So that's like the thing that is making it really tough.
Speaker 1: What happens when you tell your mom that you're wanting to like put some between your friendship and your relationship with your sister.
Speaker 6: Oh, she gets really upset about it. She has only got one sibling herself, who she is no longer in touch with. So that's black and just another thing that really upsets her, and she just wants everyone to get along.
Speaker 1: Has anyone sat I mean, has that ever been like an intervention? Have you ever sat her down and explained how you're feeling? Has your mum ever explained how anyone's feeling? Because it kind of seems like maybe a bit of a hard conversation needs to be happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not for a long time, but like maybe it's reaching that point again that's too hard for me.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't sit my sibling down and say, I feel like you use me all the time, back off.
Speaker 2: I just I just ghost. No, I know.
Speaker 1: I think the best thing to do now is before you do try and like put some separation in your relationship. I think, sit down, have a conversation, let her know how it makes you feel.
Speaker 2: It'll probably buy you another six months and she'll be on best behavior, and then I might go back to doing the same.
Speaker 5: Thing, like write a list prepared of stuff that you know she owns that she could sell that she doesn't need, so when she asked you for money'd be like.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know that Gucci handbag. That's worth Stauna exactly there.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, don't break up the friendship because you should be over her house using that infred Amen.
Speaker 3: This is the worst advite, all right, Bella, Well, that was bog Bill.
Speaker 4: Just send us your medicare details, organize the rebate.
Speaker 3: Also, Bella, you are well.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, things might not be good in the family household at the moment, but we do have something that will cheer you up a little bit. We have two tickets to the Life Uncut Live show at whatever show is closest to you that you can take.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can take your sister. I think take your other sister, not the one to cause the problem.
Speaker 6: I will thank you so much. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Welcome worries. We love you to bits.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the show, all right, Next on the pick up, I'm single, my single era, I'm going on dates, ladies, and I haven't told you about my most recent day.
Speaker 3: And I'll tee you next.
Speaker 4: But all I'm gonna say is just picture me in the middle of the rain, on my hands and knees, crawling through the street.
Speaker 2: No one wants to This is very notebook est case.
Speaker 4: It was very romantic. Something happened that I need to get you across on tea. Next on the pickup. It is the pick up Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day. So I've been teasing you girls and all the listeners of Australia for the whole day.
Speaker 2: Now you've been unbuttoning that shirt slowly. You are a big tease.
Speaker 4: I'm single now and I'm in my dating era. I'm back on the dating apps. I had a cut, like about four months off. I needed to recover from a bad breakup. But now I'm back. I went on a date Friday night, lovely, gorgeous boys. Off to a great start, but it got derailed quickly. So I sit down, I dress up.
Speaker 3: I want to look good. So I'm wearing this gorgeous necklace. You've seen it.
Speaker 4: It's a little sapphire on a piece of silver. It's one of my favorite necklaces. It's my birthstone. We sit down at the date and the first thing he says was, oh my god, that necklace is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: And I go, thank you. It's so funny that he noticed it.
Speaker 4: Chat Chat Chat, drink drink, drink, flirt, flirt flirt, need touch, need touch, flirt flirt, need touch.
Speaker 3: We go to the next venue.
Speaker 2: That's playing like some sort of weird karaoke game.
Speaker 3: Hasn't text me back, so maybe you didn't enjoy that song like at.
Speaker 2: Time Zone doing that dancing thing.
Speaker 4: No, So we get to the next venue and we're sitting there and he goes, oh, did you take your necklace off? And I go, no, I didn't take my necklace off. What do you mean I opened my button shirt. My necklace has fallen off. My favorite birthdone. And I go, I'm kind of coy and embarrassed, like, I don't worry, We'll just leave it because I didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Ruin the day. But he said, no, no, not on my watch.
Speaker 4: There is absolutely no way we're going to let you lose this gorgeous necklace. So he grabs my hand and I go, he's gonna hold my hand and caress me back to health. He pulls me up. It's in the middle of torrential rain, and we turn our torches on and he goes, let's retrace our steps. So inspect I've just met this guy, and here we are in the middle of the street, pouring rain on my hands and knees with our torches on, searching every nook and crenny of the bitchumen to find my silver neckl.
Speaker 2: Did you find it?
Speaker 4: We found it?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's such a beautiful romantic sess. You have to stand up and embrace and kiss in the rain.
Speaker 4: You know what I said? I said, do you want to put it on me? And he went, oh, sure, So I turn around, he goes to put on me, and then he goes, I bite my nails.
Speaker 3: This is actually really hard. I went't forget it, don't worry. It was nicely in my head and we're dripping with water. So we went inside. But it was derailed. We did kiss, Yeah, nice guy, it was care But I feel like.
Speaker 4: A nice date derailed can either it can make the date a beautiful moment that you both remember, or it can completely ruin the moment.
Speaker 1: Right well, imagine if he turned around and said, no, can't we bullet to go look for it?
Speaker 2: Let's continue on here. A dance dance revolution.
Speaker 4: Red Flag Total red Flag Alice is called on thirteen one O six five.
Speaker 3: Did your date get derailed?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: It did, well, I kind of derailed it. Myself by accident. So so what happened was, let's just say this guy John, So I went on a date with him. It was very lovely. He wanted to go out the next night, but then I kind of put a sticky on him because I found another guy named Terry who I wanted to come to dinner with. And then so I said to John, sorry, can't make it. I'm actually working. So then I went on the date with Terry the next day, and turns out John was sitting at the table right next to me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's terrible, that's brilliant. That is the dating calm. Did you pretend like it was your brother? How did you get out of that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I just can youule with me? And I just like I just told Terry we have to go. So I made him leave and just John never got back to me. He never messaged me.
Speaker 1: And yeah, what happens when you're dating in a small town again, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I actually remember this happened to me. I was seeing this person, didn't want to see you anymore? Like two dates and then I said I don't want to see you anymore, and I canceled the date.
Speaker 2: The next day, I said I had to work as well.
Speaker 5: And then because I was seeing multiple people at the same time, because that's what you do in your single era. I was walking down the street and I was holding hands with someone and I ran into the person.
Speaker 2: Then I pulled the pin off, And did you say, this is just my daddy. I think it's my brother.
Speaker 3: Happens to the best of us.
Speaker 1: So look, talking about terrible dating stories, I want to know, if you're in a long term relationship, is there ever an okay situation where you can just abandon your wife at an airport?
Speaker 2: Because that's what somebody did, and look.
Speaker 3: Big question.
Speaker 2: I have some feelings about it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: It's the pickup around Australia with Britt, Laura and Miach. Thanks to Kemy's Warehouse, rush in for half price vitamins and cosmetics, teas and sees, apply chemists. Weare house great savings every.
Speaker 3: Day, all right.
Speaker 2: I have a controversial question for you guys.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's ever okay to board a flight and leave your partner at the airport terminal without them getting on the flight?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it depends what they've done and they just cheated on you, not.
Speaker 1: Having a fight, they're running late or they're a bit preoccupied, but you instead of going and getting them making sure that you're both on the plane at the same time, you just decide, you know what, that's your fault. I'm gonna get on the plane and your partner misses the fly.
Speaker 2: I need some more background. What's the situation? All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, So there is a man who has divided the Internet. This has come up on a Reddit thread. But basically he was going and a him and his wife were going to see his daughter, you know, a plane flight away, and they get to the airport and his wife decides that she needs to go and get Starbucks. Now, he's a bit of a type a personality. He likes to be organized, and his wife is very go with the flow.
Speaker 2: She's like, it's fine, you know, we're not gonna miss it.
Speaker 3: Don't like me, very me.
Speaker 1: So she goes to get herself a Starbucks coffee and is taking a little bit too long. So he boards the plane, but she never gets on and he flies and goes and visits his daughter, but she completely misses the flight. Now, the reason why the Internet is divided over this is because most people are saying he should have stayed and he should have tried to, like, you know, at least if he knew that the flight was going to leave and that she was going to miss it, he should have been there to try and hold the flight or to try and help her get on it.
Speaker 2: The flights do not wait for anyone. What do you guys think? Who do you think is in the wrong in this situation. I'm very her.
Speaker 5: I resonate with her, But I also just read here that it said they only heard fifteen minutes to board, and the Starbucks coffee was a rail right away. She had to get on a train to go and get the Starbucks.
Speaker 1: But it's a very very small airport, so you know, you could just copy.
Speaker 2: That small things on it. You get on a train to get.
Speaker 3: It, and it's kind of Starbucks. That's not a small town airport.
Speaker 2: You lip over there, it's two minutes, nip back. You know, you had that.
Speaker 4: Coffee in five minutes flat. My hot take is that that is not the right partner for you. If my partner was wanting to get a coffee and was going to miss the flight, I would get off that plane, I'd take our bags, and I would skip the flight with them.
Speaker 3: That is I would leave the person if.
Speaker 2: You would skip the flight one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I would if if my partner wasn't on the plane with me. Where a part It's cat a partnership for a reason, we're right or die.
Speaker 2: Do you know why?
Speaker 1: Ires because Matt and I my husband, Matt or we have a fight. Every single time we need to board a plane. We always have a fight. And the reason for that is is because I pack my stuff and the girls stuff the night before we go away. Doesn't matter where we're going for the bags are packed, Matt will still be packing the bag five minutes before we're meant to be in the car. And the only person who has to pack for is himself, and we are always running late.
Speaker 2: We have almost missed a flight.
Speaker 1: Do you know I read this and I was like, I will leave him behind next time.
Speaker 5: I moved overseas for three years and I packed for three years about an hour and a half before I was supposed to be the airport for my entire my entire life. I never I'm the person who gets to the airport on time. Usually like I'm usually there on time. But then I sit like my sister and I will go and sit at a cafe and then we'll hear our names be called out on the final call. So we're at the airport ready, but we're still not at the gate. We somehow still managed to almost miss the floor.
Speaker 2: Anxiety brick. There's two types of people in this world.
Speaker 1: There's people who get to new there's people who get to an international flight at least three hours early, and then there's people who like to flirt the line and I'm not here for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about this? So this is something that actually happened to me with my ex. We were on a plane flying overseas and they go to us. Ye, boys, we just want to let you know we have one business class seat for a free upgrade. You'd love to offer it to you, or if you'd like to sit together, we'll give you a full exit row and you can be together and have a full exit row.
Speaker 3: And I went, when do I get my pajamas?
Speaker 4: And I went to business class and I left my partner and I sat in business class the whole international twelve hour flight.
Speaker 2: Where did you get it? And not your partner?
Speaker 3: It was my frequent flyer that it was attached to, Mitch.
Speaker 1: I just want to remind you that you just said, literally thirty seconds ago, that you will ride or die, that you wouldn't see with someone who left you, and you left your partner in economy.
Speaker 4: He was still on the plane, so I knew he was. It's okay just to quickly go back.
Speaker 2: To this person in his death fence.
Speaker 5: They've missed flights before because of her, so I think at I think he's like, you know what, I'm just gonna teacher a lesson. I can't miss the flight. She can sort it out, so I reckon in this case, it's alright.
Speaker 3: So funny. All right, let's go. We're done.
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show, you can podcast it on the iHeart app and we'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we certainly hand you over to Will and
Speaker 3: Way first, all right, Siyah